LET NOT THE FLAME DIE OUT

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Anubian Lights Let Not the Flame Die Out album cover

Buy ANUBIAN LIGHTS Music
Studio Album, released in 1998

1. The Fire Breathes (3:35)
2. South Of Dashur (4:43)
3. The Locusts Call (6:24)
4. One Eye To The Sky (5:12)
5. Ali Mamoun's Broken Entranceway (5:25)
6. Frequency Of Sand (7:13)
7. Mutashaker (Thank You) (5:31)
8. Our Man In Baghdad (4:16)
9. Atoms Of The Gods (1:37)
10. As Seen In 822 A.D. (3:52)
11. Sanctuaries Of Jupiter (4:03)
12. Nara-Yana (5:26)
13. Vision Of A New Homeland (5:14)
14. Let Not The Flame Die Out (6:41)

Search ANUBIAN LIGHTS Let Not the Flame Die Out lyrics

Search ANUBIAN LIGHTS Let Not the Flame Die Out tabs

- Gilli Smyth / vocals (background)
- Simon House / electric violin
- Nik Turner / flute, saxophone
- Tommy Grenas / guitar, keyboards, Moog bass
- Doran Shelley / guitar, Arp Omni

Hypnotic, 1998 / CD Cleopatra 346

ANUBIAN LIGHTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANUBIAN LIGHTS Let Not the Flame Die Out Music

Cleopatra 1998
OutflightOutflight
EP
Efa Imports 2001
Phantascope * by Anubian Lights (CD, Jan-2005, Rhythmbank Entertainment) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Naz Bar by Anubian Lights CD Crippled Dick Hotwax German Issue US $3.98 [0 bids]
Little Lives ADELE BERTEI James Chance Contortions Anubian Lights no wave punk US $2.00 [0 bids]
Phantascope by Anubian Lights (CD, Jan-2005, Rhythmbank Entertainment) BRAND NEW US $6.99 [0 bids]
Anubian Lights Phantascope CD US $9.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Phantascope * by Anubian Lights (CD, Jan-2005, Rhythmbank Entertainment) US $3.69 Buy It Now 5 days
Phantascope - Anubian Lights (2005, CD New) US $8.64 Buy It Now 6 days
Lydia Lunch With The Anubian Lights-Champagne Cocaine Nicotine Stains 10" sexy US $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ANUBIAN LIGHTS - PHANTASCOPE NEW CD US $18.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Anubian Lights - Phantascope [CD New] US $12.04 Buy It Now 8 days
Phantascope, Anubian Lights,Excellent, rated as expected,Audio CD, Music Music US $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Anubian Lights - Phantascope CD US $17.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Outflight, Anubian Lights,Very Good, graded as noted,Audio CD, Music Music US $5.16 Buy It Now 9 days
ANUBIAN LIGHTS - Wild Winter (2 versions) - Promo MiniDV Video Tape US $5.25 Buy It Now 9 days
Jackal & Nine by Anubian Lights, CD (1996, Cleopatra) US $12.59 Buy It Now 9 days
Anubian Lights/Lydia Lunch-Champagne,Cocaine & Nicotine Stains-BAR JAZZ-NEW 10" US $16.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Anubian Lights : Phantascope CD (2005) US $3.36 Buy It Now 17 days
ANUBIAN LIGHTS - NAZ BAR - OZ 14 TRK CD - PSYCH-SPACE ROCK- AMBIENT- PRESSUREHED US $18.67 Buy It Now 18 days
Anubian Lights-Naz Bar-Exotica,krautrock,bellydance-CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 23 days
ANUBIAN LIGHTS Wild winter RARE 7" INDIE ADELE BERTEI US $9.23 Buy It Now 25 days
NEW Phantascope - Anubian Lights US $10.18 Buy It Now 26 days
Phantascope * by Anubian Lights (CD, Jan-2005, Rhythmbank Entertainment) EX+ US $3.75 Buy It Now 27 days
ANUBIAN LIGHTS - PHANTASCOPE * - NEW CD US $9.06 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy ANUBIAN LIGHTS music online Buy ANUBIAN LIGHTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANUBIAN LIGHTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANUBIAN LIGHTS Let Not the Flame Die Out ratings distribution

ANUBIAN LIGHTS Let Not the Flame Die Out reviews

Review by hdfisch
2 stars Second album by this band is somewhat better than their latest one, but the music presented here still features more similarity with some Trip-Hop or Techno. What's positive on here that they are at least using some analogue instruments like electric violin, guitar, flute and sax but which aren't that much evident unfortunately. The album is nevertheless dominated by an electronic sound.

At times it's sounding trippy and poppy as in the first two tracks, at others it's becoming a bit monosonic and mesmerizing as in The Locusts Call which combines repeated drum loops with some spheric sequencer sounds and an ethnic touch. Didn't work out that well I've got to say. One Eye To The Sky is initially more in a modern TANGERINE DREAM vein before the added drum beats are giving it rather a more Techno touch. Ali Mamoun's Broken Entranceway offers a little bit more variation, but still sounding rather samey, an hybrid of TD-type of music and Techno I would say.Actually this band would fit better under electronic music than space rock. Frequency Of Sand features again some electric violin but it's dominated by a very monotonous repeated drum loop with synths and sequencer sounds. Occasionally there are some ethnically sounding sampled vocals. Mutashaker (Thank You) might be described as some kind of "ethnic techno",and Our Man In Baghdad is more Trip-Hop-ish.Atoms Of The Gods is the first one I think which is dominated by "real" instruments and here we can listen to the listed sax, unfortunately it's very short, but so far the best one. As Seen In 822 A.D. is some kind of Acid-Jazz and Sanctuaries Of Jupiter dominated by Techno beats. The remaining three tracks really cannot convince me neither to rate this album higher than 2 stars.

CONCLUSION Their second effort is slightly better better than its successor, but still far away from what I would call good space rock at least according to my taste. Really not my "cup of tea" and I don't think interesting to any progster.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#37720) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 26, 2005

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
2 stars Oh dear, the music of this group didn't please me very much... Their stuff on this disc sound much more like contemporary "trance" dance music to my ears, but I understand that they have relations with the modern electronic psych groups, but still I see them as a borderline inclusion. Maybe I'm just too old timer or allergic towards modern electronic poppy music? Their monotonous and short songs don't offer very much for listen in my opinion, and I'm not pleased personally by their aestethical style. Perhaps those who are interested of the modern electronic sounds like this stuff (Korai Orom was mentioned being similar?), and I would recommend them to make their own conclusions about this, but I just can't rate this very high. My appologies.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#108973) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 26, 2007

4 stars Their best! A lot of different elements of electronics, psychedelia, and beats. Not sure why they are listed on this "prog" site, as I have always thought of them as an electronica duo? The title track "let not the flame die out" is a great trance-like piece. Great stuff! AG ... (read more)

Report this review (#85819) | Posted by anthonygagglio | Saturday, August 05, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANUBIAN LIGHTS "Let Not the Flame Die Out"