NINE IN A POND IS HERE

Good, but non-essential

Buy IQ Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1985

Disk 1: Side 1
1. It All Stops Here (7:10)
2. Fascination (5:48)
3. Intelligence Quotient (7:20)
Disk 1: Side 2
4. The Last Human Gateway (19:55)
Disk 2: Side 3
5. Awake And Nervous (7:24)
6. Outer Limits (5:56)
7. The Wake (3:48)
8. Glenn Miller Medley (3:36)
Disk 2: Side 4
9. Flash (2:37)
10. The Story Of Cow And The (5:24) Grocery Boys
11. Lost Horizon (1:54)
12. Robo II (1:15)
13. Funk Is In My Brain (2:22)
14. Stomach Of An Animal (3:40)
15. Sno It Pe Crep (truth)(1:03)

MSI CD Contain only 8 Songs, same as song 1 to 8 on the Lp (Side 1, 2 and 3).

Search IQ Nine in a Pond is Here lyrics

Search IQ Nine in a Pond is Here tabs

- Paul Cook / rums
- Tim Essau / bass
- Mike Holmes / guitar
- Paul Menel / vocals
- Martin Orford / keyboards

2LP STAL BOXER 1 (1985)

CD MSI CDMS 1049 (also as Limited Edition "600 copies" Picture CD)
both with a different cover

and to Cesar Inca for the last updates

Seventh HouseSeventh House
Inside Out U.S. 2005
Tales From the Lush Attic 2013 Re-MixTales From the Lush Attic 2013 Re-Mix
Ais 2013
ARENA Immortal CD Neo-Progressive Rock NEW IQ / Tangent / Pendragon Clive Nolan US $8.99 Buy It Now 43m 47s
Iq - Are You Sitting Comfortably? US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Iq - Dark Matter (Slipsleeve) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Iq - Ever US $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Iq - Forever Live (2CD) US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Iq - Frequency US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Iq - Tales From The Lush Attic US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Iq - The Seventh House US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
IQ I.Q. I Q live concert very small mini poster print A5 size US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Now - Spheres - Cassette (Aragon, IQ, King Crimson) US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
NECROS IQ32 LP color Negative Approach SSD Black Flag Misfits Minor Threat KBD US $14.69 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Mode/IQ Mind/Soul Mini LP - Rare Pink Cover MIQ-033 with sleeve US $30.00 [0 bids]
IQ - SUBTERRANEA [IQ] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.34 Buy It Now 7h 6m
(AQ726) Asaviour & DJ IQ, The A Loop Theory - DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 9h 8m
IQ - Big Girls Don't Cry ep - New Sealed CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 10h 49m
A Word in Your Eye by The Lens (CD, Sep-2004, Inside Out) IQ Martin Orford US $12.25 Buy It Now 11h 41m
IQ-THE ROAD OF BONES (SPECIAL EDITION)-JAPAN 2 CD Ltd/Ed Hi66 zd US $43.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Iq - Tales From The Lush Attic 2013 Re-Mix (Gatefold Cover) (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $24.91 Buy It Now 19h 48m
IQ - FOREVER LIVE [IQ] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] [693723244624] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.97 Buy It Now 20h 2m
IQ - Girl Group - ROLL CALL CD/DVD - NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Martin Orford ?- Classical Music And Popular Songs CD..IQ..'00 prog..RARE US $37.99 Buy It Now 23h 30m
LUCHA LIBRE lo iq hi power LP 11 track double (stl025lp) uk satellite 1999 US $13.21 Buy It Now 23h 51m
NATIVE JAPAN CD ROOTS REGGAE SEALED IQ21 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dark Matter - Iq New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.71 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A. Classic Prog Mag. Present Little Fluffy Clouds W/ IQ, Anathema,Tiles US $4.95 [0 bids]
sweden punk comp. LP Pang i bygget 1983 MANGELZON/APACHE/R.A.P./LEGACY/IQ ZERO US $19.90 [0 bids]
IQ: J'ai Pollette D'Arnu [CD 1991] US $21.44 Buy It Now 1 day
New ZTT Show IQ6 ZTT Sampler Deluxe Edition Blu-spec CD DVD Japan XECZ-1049 US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SUBLIMINAL INTELLIGENCE ENHANCEMENT-INCREASE YOUR INTELLECT HIGH IQ BRAINWAVE CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ-THE ROAD OF BONES (REGULAR EDITION)-JAPAN CD Fi83 US $35.50 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - DARK MATTER NEW CD US $22.67 Buy It Now 1 day
PLAYBACK VOLUME 1 various LP 10 track featuring re-flex, astrakhan, iq, jenny ja US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - THE WAKE CD US $14.99 [0 bids]
IQ - EVER CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A.DERBY - Japan CD - NEW J-POP IQ20 , KARL OS PUPPET US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KEN CHOI : IQ Dummies CD *Hong Kong *NEW SEALED ??? IQ??? US $25.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Iq - Seventh House (NEW CD) US $19.51 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ - ROAD OF BONES (UK) NEW CD US $36.78 Buy It Now 2 days
The IQ's Geoffrey Chung The Love We All Need Today 7 Rare Roots Reggae Dub US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LOW IQ 01 - Master Low For ... - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $13.90 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ-ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY?-CD-1997-Giant Electric Pea-GEP CD 013-sealed US $14.09 Buy It Now 2 days
Dark Matter - Iq US $12.80 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ Tales from lush Attic - NUMBERED - Vintage 12" LP Record 1983-MINT I.Q. 33rpm US $25.00 [0 bids]
IQ "Tales From The Lush Attic" 2013 Remix 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ "The Wake 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" (3CD/DVD-PAL, 2010) Free Ship US $35.79 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ "The Wake Live At De Boerderij Zoetermeer, Holland June 19, 2010" CD/DVD-PAL US $16.09 Buy It Now 3 days
SAFFRON (80'S/90'S ARTIST) world of you 12" 3 trk b/w hip mix and fluffy toy iq US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Iq - Are You Sitting Comfortably (CD) NEW US $23.25 Buy It Now 3 days
KBD punk rare NECROS IQ 32 fan club LP oop MISFITS the FIX MEATMEN CLITBOYS US $14.99 [0 bids]
POSITIVE GANG sweet freedom 12" 3 trk featuring 60's sytlee,sixteen mix and iq v US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
CD---IQ..UP / MOZART US $4.79 Buy It Now 3 days
LOW IQ 01 - MASTER LOW V.3 - Japan CD - NEW US $17.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Vinyl Record 12" Single - IQ Barbell Is In US $13.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Led Zeppelin: K, b - 2 CD Set - 3 May 1971, K.B. Hallen, Copenhagen - IQ-051/052 US $39.99 [0 bids]
IQ - WAKE [IQ] - NEW CD US $28.18 Buy It Now 3 days
SOPHIE LAWRENCE love's unkind 7" PS EX/EX uk iq ZB44821 US $11.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Iq, Roll Call Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SOPHIE LAWRENCE love's unkind/one for the road ZB 44821 uk iq 1991 7" WS EX/ US $11.62 Buy It Now 3 days
DESIRED STATE Hello Lover Remixes 12" DJ Hype Trace UK jungle drum n bass IQ US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SONIA - BE YOUNG BE FOOLISH BE HAPPY - 7" VINYL 1991 PICTURE SLEEVE IQ RECORDS US $4.97 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ Nomzamo '87 BRITISH neo-prog/HARD&Heavy 1st press LP ex-THE LENS MINT !!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MERCHANTS VICE Amber - 2003 - RARE UK progressive rock / neo prog Pendragon IQ US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Terrible Twos 2008 S/T LP Green Vinyl US Garage Punk Criminal IQ Records US $13.99 [0 bids]
LOW IQ 01 - Master Low For ... - Japan CD - J-POP - 11Tracks OBI US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ- Are You Sitting Comfortably?- new/sealed cassette tape US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Tony Curtis 7" 45 Stand Up For Love IQ TEST PRESSING REGGAE HEAR US $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Nomzamo - Iq New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $32.71 Buy It Now 4 days
Road of Bones - Iq New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $33.96 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ - Are You Sitting Comfortably? (Squawk Records Prog/Hard Rock Vinyl LP-1989) US $11.62 Buy It Now 4 days
The Rotten Fruits - Abomination EP (Pink marbled vinyl) 7" 45 - Criminal IQ - P US $7.21 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ Nomzamo CD 2005 BRAND NEW Classic Progressive Rock / Neo Prog (1987) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Road Of Bones (2 Disc Set) IQ Audio CD US $39.70 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ6 ISRAEL VINYL DIFF ART Propaganda Frankie Goes To Hollywood Art Of Noise LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ THE WAKE 3 cd + 1 DVD 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition box set US $45.99 [0 bids]
2009 METAL ~ IQ ~ Frequency ~ RARE PROMO ~ PROMOTIONAL CD US $17.99 [0 bids]
BABY GENIUS best IQ BUILDER with STIMULATING CLASSICAL MUSIC var artist NEW CD US $5.88 [0 bids]
IQ - Live From London [DVD] [2012] [NTSC] US $18.10 Buy It Now 4 days
PENDRAGON - UTRECHT.. THE FINAL FRONTIER Ultra Rare Prog Rock MC Arena Rush IQ US $9.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Dark Matter - SPV60802 US $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ever by IQ (CD, Apr-2005, Inside Out Music) US $9.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Nomzamo by IQ (CD, Jul-2005, Inside Out Music) US $9.25 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy IQ music online Buy IQ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IQ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IQ Nine in a Pond is Here ratings distribution

IQ Nine in a Pond is Here reviews

Review by lor68
2 stars Well, first of all here you find a different vocalist (P. Nichols is replaced by P. Menel); secondly the production is so weak, but after all the song programme of disc one is so fascinating: as for this reason only you could forget a few defects inside...instead the tracks from no 09 to no 15 aren't useful and quite tepid as well (along with their Glenn Miller medley, which is a simple fill in...) , anyway characterizing the bad choice of side two. Whereas I like to suggest another title- "J'Ai Polette D'Arnu" - which is a good collection and whose production is better, but unfortunately - coming back to this "Nine in a Pond.." - you cannot remove it from their discography, so at the end you can buy it only if you're a collector!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#46529) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Even if it is considered as a live album, one never hears the audience which sounds rather strange. Actually, this "live" album has the label of "Official Bootleg". The sound throughout the whole of this record has also the boot level : rather poor.

To me it sounds more as rehearsal sessions. To give the opportunity to Paul Menel to get acquainted with the IQ material for later live performances.

To make it more worthwhile to fans (you should read to sell it), this "live" effort will feature several non-album or demo tracks only released later on compilations.

Let's start with "Intelligent Quotient" which is the most brilliant of the three. Absolutely wonderful. I wonder why this song never made an official album. It is all what is IQ about. Great keys, Paul (the new lead vocalist) as melancholic as Peter could be, some nice tempo changes. A true IQ song. If you like this band, you certainly need to discover it.

"It all Stops Here" is also a powerful track. A very good intrumental intro for this rather hard number. Martin has again the lead role (as for most of IQ's early albums). A nice and slower closing section will bring a bit of variety to this song. Sound is rather weak here. In terms of sound, the third "new" track "Fascination" has nothing to fascinate. Really poor (the sound). But the track is not great either. Heavy and uniform for most of it, we'll get a very nice break during the last third of the song.

The CD version is shorter than the original double vinyl one. I guess they only released the most interesting ones of the original album. As such, the numbers are all pleasant and beautifully played. Even the new lead singer holds his role with some success. Of course, he will lack in the profundness of a Nicolls but, globally he is not doing a bad job. He sounds pretty close to Peter at times during "The Last Human Gateway".

Another good song from "Tales" will be featured here as well : "Awake and Nervous". Two songs of their last album as well : "Outer Limits" (in a shorter format) and "The Wake" (very powerful, but bass is too dominent). The "GlennMiller Medley" is a joke and doesn't sit on an IQ album (being a demo one). I remember having seen them live (in 2005 at Spirit Of 66). As third or fourth encore, we got "Caroline" from Status Quo. Rather unexpected but still good rock music. So, I can accept that IQ plays some different music at times. But here, gosh !

All in all the track list is good and the renditions as well. But the sound of these demo tracks are far from being brilliant. For fans only although I would rate it with three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#120688) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 03, 2007

2 stars I don't intend giving a track-by-track account of this album, since the track listing appears elsewhere here. I will, however, defend the album's faults with an insight from the band's earlier days... I bought my copy of "Nine In A Pond Is Here" from my friend and (then) IQ bassist Tim Esau whi ... (read more)

Report this review (#275142) | Posted by BryonRBN | Sunday, March 28, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IQ "Nine in a Pond is Here"