EPPUR SI MUOVE

Haggard

Haggard Eppur Si Muove album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. All'inizio La Morte (6:50)
2. Menuetto In Fa-Minore (1:16)
3. Per Aspera Ad Astra (6:40)
4. Of A Might Divine (8:20)
5. Gavotta In Si-Minore (0:58)
6. Herr Mannelig (4:50)
7. The Observer (4:40)
8. Eppur Si Muove (8:19)
9. Larghetto / Epilogo Adagio (2:12)
10. Herr Mannelig (Short Version) (6:10)

Search HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove lyrics

- Matthias Utz / bariton
- Dorothea Zelinsky / violino
- Markus van Langen / voice
- Miguel Michin / corno

CD Drakkar Records #82875643726 (2004)

and to pigment for the last updates

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
MERLE HAGGARD MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH TRAINS LP 766 US $8.99 Buy It Now 46m 14s
MERLE HAGGARD/MERLE - OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE (602537733491) - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.19 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Merle Haggard - Big City / I Think I'm Gonna Live Forever (VG) 1981 53 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 15m
VARIOUS ARTISTS TAPE COUNTRY GREATS GIBSON NELSON TWITTY CLINE JENNINGS HAGGARD US $3.76 Buy It Now 1h 16m
MERLE HAGGARD - Lonesome Fugitive (UK 18 Trk CD Album) US $5.37 Buy It Now 1h 27m
I'm a Lonesome Fugitive/Mama Tried [Remaster] by Merle Haggard & the... US $16.69 Buy It Now 1h 35m
MERLE HAGGARD - A TASTE OF YESTERDAY'S WINE - NEW CD US $12.34 Buy It Now 1h 55m
HAGGARD merle NELSON willie GOSPEL old rugged cross STAND BY ME new tape US $5.88 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Merle Haggard - Lot of 2 LPs Vinyl records sing a sad song same train US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
NEW - Icon by Merle Haggard US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Cult for the Haggard Youth - Dead Harts New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $33.96 Buy It Now 3h 45m
MERLE HAGGARD "OUT AMONG THE STARS / SUSIE" 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
20 Hits Special Collection Vol.1 - Merle Haggard New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Therion - Symphony Masses (Haggard, Hollenthon, Septicflesh) US $4.99 [1 bids]
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah (Haggard, Hollenthon, Septicflesh) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard CD Ultimate Collection 20song Strangers George Jones Willie Nelson US $20.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON (SEASHORES OF OLD MEXICO) Original 1987 Country CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
1970 Merle Haggard 45 Sidewalks Of Chicago / I Can't Be Myself US $2.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD-THE GREAT SINGS-MFP 50392 UK NEW SEALED LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 4h 55m
MERLE HAGGARD - SWINGING DOORS - 12" VINYL - SEE FOR MILES - If I Could Be Him US $6.51 [0 bids]
5h
Lot of 3 Merle Haggard LPs 1 Germany Import US $14.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - COUNTRY BOY - 2x12" VINYL RECORDS - CAPITOL - Carolyn etc US $6.51 [0 bids]
1996 by Merle Haggard (CD, Jan-1996, Curb) US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 20m
MERLE HAGGARD - RAMBLIN' FEVER - 12"VINYL ALBUM - MCA - The Last Letter US $4.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - RAINBOW STEW LIVE - 12"VINYL ALBUM - MCA - Anaheim Stadium US $4.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - THE WAY I AM - 12"VINYL ALBUM - MCA - Wake Up US $4.88 [0 bids]
1967 I THREW AWAY THE ROSE - MERLE HAGGARD US $5.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - OUT AMONG THE STARS - 12" EPIC VINYL ALBUM - Pennies From Heaven US $4.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - I'M ALWAYS ON A MOUNTAIN WHEN I FALL - 12" MCA VINYL ALBUM - US $3.25 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD "BRANDED MAN" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 5h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD "THE LEGEND OF BONNIE AND CLYDE" 45 RPM US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD -BACK TO THE BARROOMS - 12" MCA VINYL ALBUM - US $4.88 [0 bids]
6h
MERLE HAGGARD -SONGWRITER - 12" MCA VINYL ALBUM - Footlights, Rainbow Stew US $3.25 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD Motorcycle cowboy/ Blue Yodel RARE INTROS PROMO DJ CD single SEALE US $24.99 [0 bids]
Gretchen Wilson / All Jacked Up (LIKE NEW CD) Merle Haggard, John Rich, D. Hall US $4.75 Buy It Now 6h 13m
MERLE HAGGARD - FIGHTIN' SIDE OF ME - 12" MCA VINYL ALBUM - US $6.51 [0 bids]
HAGGARD awaking the gods +1 bonus ( orchestral metal US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
MERLE HAGGARD - THE EPIC COLLECTION (LIVE) - 12" EPIC VINYL ALBUM - US $4.88 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - 5 Classic Albums [CD New] US $21.28 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Buddy Alan - Best of (Cap.) son of Buck & Bonnie Owens, stepson of Merle Haggard US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
16 Biggest Hits by Merle Haggard (CD, Jul-1998, Epic/Legacy) USED OUTLAW COUNTRY US $4.95 Buy It Now 6h 32m
MERLE HAGGARD - SONGS FOR THE MAMA THAT TRIED - 12" MCA VINYL ALBUM - US $4.88 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - 16 BIGGEST HITS [MERLE HAGGARD] [074646932124] - NEW CD US $10.03 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Vintage 'Merle Haggard' His Epic Hits First 11; 33 1/3 Vinyl Record; Good Cond. US $4.00 [0 bids]
BRONCO BILLY OST LP OOP Merle Haggard Ronnie Milsap gatefold cover US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
One Lifetime by Noel Haggard (CD, Mar-1997, Atlantic (Label)) US $1.75 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD you take me for granted / what am i gonna do NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Merle Haggard Live In Austin TX Country Music Album DVD Brand New US $21.19 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Mama's Hungry Eyes: Tribute to Merle Haggard by Various Artists (CD,... US $1.75 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD ~ The Land Of Many Churches 1971 Country LP Orig Capitol SWBO-803 US $9.95 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - If we make it through December lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 25m
MERLE HAGGARD I LOVE DIXIE BLUES LIVE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $2.40 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Merle Haggard & the Strangers - The Roots of My Raising LP ST-511586 US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Merle Haggard No Reason To Quit/Jesus, Take A Hold 45 US $15.00 Buy It Now 7h 48m
MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS PRESENTS HIS 30TH ALBUM CAPITOL 1974 US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Merle Haggard Going Where The Lonely Go LP/Vinyl Record 1982 Epic PE 38092 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 58m
The Best of the Best of Merle Haggard by Merle Haggard (CD, Capitol Nashville) US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
The Best Of Merle Haggard LP Sing Me Back Home - The Bottle Let Me Down 1968 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Rare Lot of 2 Merle Haggard LPs 1 Germany Import US $29.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard ?- A Tribute To The Best Damn Fiddle Player In The World LP US $12.00 [0 bids]
JOHNNY CASH GIANT HITS, + CLASSIC CASH +MERLE HAGGARD COUNTRY PRIDE+LARRY GATLIN US $2.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD BONNIE OWENS THE STRANGERS THE FIGHTIN' SIDE OF ME CAPITOL 1970 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Merle Haggard / The Longer You Wait / Bottle Let Me Down 45 rpm Record Country US $5.00 [0 bids]
HAGGARD/THE HAGGARD - EPPUR SI MUOVE [HAGGARD/THE HAGGARD] - NEW CD US $10.98 Buy It Now 8h 19m
MERLE HAGGARD DOWN EVERY ROAD 4 CD BOXED SET - CAPITOL D207241 US $22.50 [3 bids]
COUNTRY CD! JUST BETWEEN THE TWO OF US! ALL TIME FAVORITE DUETS! HAGGARD, TWITTY US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 25m
MERLE HAGGARD SONGS FOR THE MAMA THAT TRIED ON MCA 5250 MINT STILL SEALED US $10.00 [0 bids]
Hag: The Best of Merle Haggard by Merle Haggard (CD, Sep-2006, Capitol/EMI... US $3.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - the roots of my raising R-133474 LP vinyl US $18.95 Buy It Now 8h 33m
Merle Haggard / Grandma Harp / Turnin Off A Memory 45 rpm Record Vinyl Country US $5.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard CD 1990 Capitol/EMI Records-Capitol Collectors Series US $2.00 [0 bids]
Wanda Jackson, Merle Haggard, Townes Van Zandt, & More - U.S. PROMO 2 cd 082214 US $17.98 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Merle Haggard - A Portrait Of Merle Haggard - 1970 Capitol Records ?- ST 21531 US $2.92 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - RAINBOW STEW LIVE NEW CD US $10.39 Buy It Now 9h 15m
MERLE HAGGARD: Out Among The Stars (country vinyl LP) US $20.00 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Merle Haggard 21 Years of #1 Hits 1967-1987 - 21 Hit Songs Cd! US $14.00 [0 bids]
Tulare Dust: Tribute to Merle Haggard by Various Artists (CD, Dec-1994,... US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 34m
MERLE HAGGARD - ICON NEW CD US $12.24 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Johnny Rodriguez on Magazine Cover July 1974 Merle Haggard Patsy Cline US $24.47 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson - Poncho & Lefty, Epic EPC-85754 Ex US $14.66 Buy It Now 9h 49m
MERLE HAGGARD everybody's had the blues 7" CS EX/EX usa US $11.40 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Merle Haggard / Please Mr. D.J. / Strangers 45 rpm Tally Record Vintage Vinyl dj US $19.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Misery And Gin No One To Sing For But Band MCA Records 45 US $1.49 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard I Cant Be Myself b/w Sidewalks PS 45 From Publishing Co Vault NM US $3.99 [0 bids]
Country MERLE HAGGARD 7" 45 I THREW AWAY THE ROSE 1967 Capitol VG+ BAKERSFIELD US $3.49 Buy It Now 10h 5m
Vintage 45 RPM Counrty Music Records Picture Sleeves Haggard, Cline, Williams US $9.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD KEEP MOVIN ON LP 766 US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Merle Haggard Amber Waves of Grain LP 12" Vinyl Record - The American 1985 MINT US $0.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - COUNTRY LEGENDS NEW CD US $12.59 Buy It Now 10h 25m
MERLE HAGGARD/chill factor/1987 lp US $5.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
MERLE HAGGARD "RAINBOW STEW" LP STILL SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
HAGGARD MERLE TALES OF ITHIRIA SEALED CD NEW US $5.26 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Merle Haggard - The Fightin' Side of Me - Lp Record Album US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 56m
A Taste of Yesterday's Wine: Merle Haggard and George Jones US $9.21 Buy It Now 10h 57m
45 RECORD MERLE HAGGARD KENTUCKY GAMBLER, I'VE GOT A DARLIN' (FOR A WIFE) US $2.60 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Playlist: The Very Best of Merle Haggard by Merle Haggard Cardboard Case US $7.19 Buy It Now 10h 59m
MERLE HAGGARD - Kentucky Gambler/I've Got A Darlin' (For A Wife) US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h
HAGGARD, MERLE & BONNIE OWENS / THAT MAKES TWO OF US US $9.95 Buy It Now 11h 8m
HAGGARD, MERLE / GOIN' HOME FOR CHRISTMAS US $9.95 Buy It Now 11h 9m
Nelson, Haggard, Price: Live From The Last Of The Breed Tour US $2.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove ratings distribution

HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove reviews

Review by Marcelo
2 stars HAGGARD is a little orchestra more than a rock band, a musicians ensemble clasically trained. In their last two albums, they magically blended baroque music, medieval, gothic and heavy metal.

In this production, the formula is repeated around a conceptual opus about Galileo Galilei, but -this time- there are some changes that put the stuff far away from the magnificent previous albums.

"The Beauty and the Beast" style (an interplay between a clear female voice and male growlings) is used again, but now (unlike the last two albums) growlings are very excessive and exaggerated, shocking and irritating. Instrumental parts in "Eppur Si Muove" -medieval and baroque tunes- are plenty of romantic beauty and extremely well executed, but voices have a predominant role, singing in German, Latin, Italian and English. Beside the growlings, even the female voice sounds shrill.

A progressive ear can enjoy arrangements, instrumentation, variety and melodies, but vocal excesses (a lot) produce an instant "pain". BTW, heavy metal fans will find (I guess) too classical and soft the instrumental parts... So, which was the target?

I'm not a metal or heavy music fan, but when I discovered this band some months ago, I was really impressed about its albums, specially trough the beautiful and delicated music (there were growlings, but just a little bit). Well, now I feel myself disappointed, essentially because HAGGARD is a fantastic musicians group able to make wonderful music that, this time, chose to demonize something that could be a majestic opus. 2 1/2 stars.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#31888) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars After a break of four years and a successful South-America tour Haggard released their third full-length studio album. Not much has changed in their music since "Awakening The Centuries", still a highly appealing (at least to the prone listener) blend of renaissance/baroque-era classical music and gothic/death metal. "Eppur Si Muove" is again a historical concept album and as the title ("And yet it does move") and cover suggests about the life and work of Galileo Galilei, who lived from 1564 bis 1642. As far as my knowledge allows, the band managed quite well to reflect the music of this era. I think it's noteworthy that most of the compositions are written by members of the band. "Larghetto / Epilogo Adagio" is by pianist/organist Hans Wolf, the two short classical interludes "Menuetto In Fa-Minore" and "Gavotta In Si-Minore" are composed by Robert von Greding who was playing clarinet in previous records but left the band meanwhile. "Herr Mannelig" is a traditional song coming originally from Norway and the rest of the tracks had been written by guitarist and front man Asis Nasseri (the one with the grunts). The vocal section, especially the one for soprano had been much enforced here compared to previous albums and they have been placed more to the foreground. One might argue that they started to use a bit too much the genre-typical "beauty and the beast-scheme" as sounding most obvious on "Per Aspera Ad Astra". But unlike with many gothic metal bands it doesn't sound at all overblown and as trying to cover some musical incapability by placing an attractive female vocalist with a pleasant voice in front. The female voices, all presented by classically trained sopranos by the way are as well not suffocated by a wall of keyboard sounds like it's sometimes the case with other bands. The contrasts between beautiful classical sections and aggressive metal ones might be here even more blatant than ever before but still everything's fits together very nicely. Finally I'd like to put a few notes, Asis mentioned in an interview I've read concerning the song "Herr Mannelig" which is lyrically not related to the concept of this album. Obviously he likes a lot this song which has been arranged already by several bands but in his view never in the right way. Originally he was planning to re-arrange it to fit into the concept but then he was afraid it would lose a lot of its identity and he decided just to translate the lyrics into Italian language. Since it's a very precious and atmospheric song in his opinion he chose consciously a mostly acoustic arrangement using only clear vocals without any grunts. It has been placed even in two different versions on the album which might look on first view that this has been done to fill up the CD. They've done this in fact since they've been asked by airplay stations if they would have a shorter track to serve as an introduction to their music. Usually they don't compose their tracks with commercial interests in mind, thus this has been a nice opportunity for them. And I think it's well forgiven if this way some more people find access to the quite adventurous kind of music they're doing.

Actually I don't see any reason to give this work an inferior rating than their first two full-length ones though one might blame them for some stagnancy in their style. But on the other hand they became even better, both in playing skills of the metal section and in having tighter compositions. Nonetheless I'd like to emphasize that this is not essential Prog in a general and conventional way but honestly I'm not aware of any other band doing such an unique combination in a better way than Haggard does. And finally I'd like to mention that I bought this CD soon after it came out and it still appeals to me nowadays (which isn't the case with CD's from other bands, i.e. Nightwish or Rhapsody I bought at the same time). I think that's a good prove, that Haggard's music passes the test of time.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#95269) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 20, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I was really charmed with their very good debut album, but little by little "Haggard" was dragged into a more metal style with lots of growling. And these have never been my cup of tea.

The very much Italian titled "All' Iinizio La Morte" doesn't hold anything Italian: it is partially "sung" in German which is not the most romantic language for prog music as far as I'm concerned. The originality of their vocals was the combination of pure and delicate female vocals backed up with discrete growling.

On this album, you'll have to switch the characteristics (but it was already the case on their second opus). Still, there are notable exceptions on this work (hopefully).

The recipe of short classical pieces to break the overall metal mood is again used. Originality dropped quite subsequently, I'm afraid. But there are several tracks which reflect the enchantment of their debut as the excellent "Per Aspera Ad Astra" and "Of A Might Divine".

The combination between classical and metal is beautifully reconstructed on an equal balance. Same proportion is reached between aerial (even if at times theatrical) vocals and growling. I was enthusiast about "And Thou Shalt Trust" for these reasons; and the charm operates again.

Some small diversion of little interest ("Herr Mannelig", "The Observer") can be skipped to reach another piece of interest faster. The title track is another winner and a true kaleidoscope of their music: wonderful classic parts, tremendous metal lines, superb vocals and scary growling. Quite a challenge, but very well performed. Some sort of prog metal opera of a unique style. The string section is just phenomenal. A highlight of course.

This album is a fine reconciliation with their great debut. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248919) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 08, 2009

4 stars This third studio album from Haggard shows that their compositions and performances as a group keep improving over the time. Integration between the metal and classical parts of the band is brought one step further, especially with the cord instruments that often dispute the lead to the electr ... (read more)

Report this review (#31889) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Eppur Si Muove"