EPPUR SI MUOVE

Haggard

Haggard Eppur Si Muove album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. All'inizio La Morte (6:50)
2. Menuetto In Fa-Minore (1:16)
3. Per Aspera Ad Astra (6:40)
4. Of A Might Divine (8:20)
5. Gavotta In Si-Minore (0:58)
6. Herr Mannelig (4:50)
7. The Observer (4:40)
8. Eppur Si Muove (8:19)
9. Larghetto / Epilogo Adagio (2:12)
10. Herr Mannelig (Short Version) (6:10)

Search HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove lyrics

- Matthias Utz / bariton
- Dorothea Zelinsky / violino
- Markus van Langen / voice
- Miguel Michin / corno

CD Drakkar Records #82875643726 (2004)

and to pigment for the last updates

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
Working Man's Journey by Merle Haggard (2007) Cracker Barrel country CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
36m 36s
Merle Haggard - This Is for You - New Sealed Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 39m 34s
Okie From Muskogee Merle Haggard LP Capitol ST-384 VG US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h
Vintage MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS SING A SAD SONG LP 2 Records US $14.99 [0 bids]
1h
Vintage MERLE HAGGARD AND THE STRANGERS Keep Movin On LP CAPITOL RECORDS US $4.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD SAME TRAIN, A DIFFERENT TIME 2 RECORD SET ( WS ) US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Christmas Welcome / 2 CD's & 1 DVD / willie / dolly / cash / haggard / daniels US $2.00 [0 bids]
8-Track Tape MERLE HAGGARD MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH TRAINS 1976 Country US $5.00 [0 bids]
8-Track Tape MERLE HAGGARD THE WAY I AM - MCA 8 TRACK Country US $5.00 [0 bids]
NEW - The Music of Merle Haggard US $32.11 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Vintage Merle Haggard and The Strangers - Songs I'll Always Sing 2 Record Set US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vintage Merle Haggard - I'm Always On A Mountain When I Fall Record US $4.99 [0 bids]
2 LP Lot Merl Haggard "Okie From Muskogee" Roy Clark "The Tip Or My Fingers" US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Vintage Merle Haggard Out Among the Stars record US $9.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard 45 Love Me When You Can / It's Been A Great 1978 Vinyl Record US $2.84 Buy It Now 1h 40m
MERLE HAGGARD - DRINKIN' - NEW CD US $4.21 Buy It Now 1h 41m
MERLE HAGGARD - TWELVE #1 HITS, VOL. 2 (096009089221) - NEW CD US $3.58 Buy It Now 1h 42m
MERLE HAGGARD LP..HIGH ON A HILLTOP.. STRONG VG PLUS VINYL US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Merle Haggard - Drinkin' [CD New] US $5.68 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Merle haggard Always Wanting You/I've Got A Yearning 45 RPM Vinyl US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h
The Best Or Merle Haggard - Audio Cassette Tape - Capitol Print US $1.99 [0 bids]
Capitol Records,Merle Haggard & the Strangers,It's Not Love,1972, Jukebox,45 RPM US $6.99 [0 bids]
Elektra Records,Merle Haggard & Clint Eastwood, Bar Room Buddies, Jukebox,45 RPM US $4.99 [0 bids]
Box Set Series, Haggard, Merle, New US $15.52 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Merle Haggard And The Strangers-Totally Instrumental, Capitol 11141, Cut Out, M- US $15.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard The Empiest Arms InThe World/Radiator Man From Wasco 45 RPM Vinyl US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Merle Haggard And The Strangers The Fugitive Someone Told My Story 45 rpm Record US $6.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Songs For the Mama That Tried SEALED LP Vinyl Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
My Farewell to Elvis Presley by Merle Haggard NEW SEALED CD US $37.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
MERLE HAGGARD, IF WE MAKE IT THROUGH DECEMBER, ST 11276, 12" LP; EXCELLENT US $3.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - COUNTRY - NEW CD US $5.88 Buy It Now 2h 41m
MERLE HAGGARD: Christmas Present LP Country US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
MERLE HAGGARD cd album THE FUGITIVE on prism 12 tracks US $12.62 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Merle Haggard / Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star 45 rpm Promo Record Vinyl Country US $5.00 [0 bids]
COUNTRY LP: MERLE HAGGARD 'The Fightin' Side of Me' US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 48m
MERLE HAGGARD I WONDER IF THEY EVER THINK OF PROMO 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
MERLE HAGGARD EVERYBODY'S HAD THE BLUES PROMO 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Merle Haggard - Twenty Greatest Hits (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
WILLIE NELSON Ray Price MERLE HAGGARD Last of the Breed 180 GRAM VINYL 2 LP set US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
45 RPM RECORD/13G) MERLE HAGGARD / THAT'S THE WAY LOVE GOES US $2.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
MERLE HAGGARD My Farewell To Elvis US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF MERLE HAGGARD - 33 RPM LP Record US $5.99 [0 bids]
Country Christmas With Merle Haggard - Merle Haggard (Cassette 1987, Capitol) NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
45rpm~HAGGARD,Merle~Are You Lonesome Tonight/From Graceland To Promised?7" Vinyl US $3.50 Buy It Now 4h 21m
45rpm~HAGGARD,Merle~Ramblin' Fever/When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold?Vinyl Record US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 21m
MERLE HAGGARD - POET OF THE WORKING MAN (SPECIAL) (TIN CASE) NEW CD US $18.34 Buy It Now 4h 21m
NOS MERLE HAGGARD........ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 30m
MERLE HAGGARD: Collection (SS/OOP/1997/EMI/AUSTRALIA/2xCD/35 TRACKS) US $19.95 Buy It Now 4h 47m
MERLE HAGGARD - HAG: THE BEST OF MERLE HAGGARD NEW CD US $15.83 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Best of Merle Haggard [Direct Source] by Merle Haggard (CD, Jul-2007) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Best of the '90s, Vol. 1 by Merle Haggard (CD, Feb-2000, Curb) US $2.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - OLD LOVES NEVER DIE [MERLE HAGGARD] [4000127164117] - NEW CD US $30.05 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Haggard Merle - Country Legend [CD New] US $8.65 Buy It Now 5h 12m
15 COUNTRY LPS~J.L.LEWIS~D.A.COE~CHARLIE RICH~NANCY&LEE~JIMMY DEAN~HAGGARD~VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard My Farewell To Elvis, Cassette, New, Mint US $2.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
MERLE HAGGARD & WILLIE NELSON (SEASHORES OF OLD MEXICO) Original 1987 Country CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 36m
1996 by Merle Haggard (CD, Jan-1996, Curb) US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 36m
MERLE HAGGARD THE FIGHTIN SIDE OF ME / EVERYBODY HAS A RAINBOW 45 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
Same Train, A Different Time Merle Haggard Sings Great Songs of Jimmie Rodgers US $20.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Poet Of The Working Man [CD New] US $11.73 Buy It Now 6h 4m
cd 6-track merle haggard sealed ramblin fever,silver wings,if we make it through US $6.00 [0 bids]
cd-single promo marty haggard (merle`s son) lovin`time 1996 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Keep Movin' On LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Merle Haggard Hag LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Merle Haggard I Love Dixie Blues LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Super Hits,Vol. 2 Merle Haggard(CD, Apr-2007, mama tried,the fightin side of me US $8.00 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Close Up Merl Hagard US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Merle Haggard Songwriter SEALED LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Merle Haggard My Farewell To Elvis LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Merle Haggard Roots Of My Raising LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Merle Haggard Blues Stay Away From Me/A Working Man Can't Get Nowhere 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Merle Haggard 100 Proof LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Merle Haggard Man Mucic Legend Ronco Merl Hagard US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Merle Haggard Keep Movin' On LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Merle Haggard Christmas Present LP SEALED US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Merle Haggard Chill Factor SEALED LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Merle Haggard Leona Williams Heart SEALED LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Clint Eastwood Bronco Billy Merle Haggard SEALED Ronnie Milsap Merl Hagard US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Merle Haggard Songs I l Always Sing Merl Hagard US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Merle Haggard Songs For the Mama Who Tried SEALED LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Merle Haggard The Fightin Side of Me LP Fighting Merl US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Merle Haggard My Love Affair With Trains SEALED LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Merle Haggard My Farewell To Elvis SEALED LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Merle Haggard Bonnie Owens That Makes Two of Us Merl Hagard US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Merle Haggard It s All in the Movies SEALED US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Merle Haggard High On A Hilltop/Sing A Sad Song vinyl 2x LP Capitol Records US $28.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Merle Haggard A Tribute To The Best Damn Fiddle Player LP Capitol ST-638 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Merle Haggard The Fightin' Side Of Me LP Capitol St-451 1981 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Merle Haggard 45 RPM Big City/ I Think I'm Gonna Live Forever- Epic US $2.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Branded Man Picture Sleeve Only Capitol 5931 US $2.95 Buy It Now 6h 48m
HAGGARD merle WHAT A FRIEND IN JESUS why me GOSPEL suppertime NEW cassette tape US $4.77 Buy It Now 6h 50m
5 country CD Strait Shelton Urban Haggard US $2.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Vol. 2-Super Hits [CD New] US $5.88 Buy It Now 6h 59m
CD Merle Haggard self-titled country on Platinum 2004 US $0.99 [1 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - THE BEST OF THE EARLY YEARS [MERLE HAGGARD] - NEW CD US $12.94 Buy It Now 7h 22m
PLATOON RARE SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE TAPE! THE DOORS THE RASCALS MERLE HAGGARD US $13.06 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Merle Haggard Legends of American Music The Original Outlaw Box 60 hit 3 CD Pics US $29.95 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Merle Haggard Record Lot US $2.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - COLLECTION on 2 CD's - NEW US $13.90 Buy It Now 7h 42m
MERLE HAGGARD - IT'S NOT LOVE - LP - SEALED US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 46m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove ratings distribution

HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove reviews

Review by Marcelo
2 stars HAGGARD is a little orchestra more than a rock band, a musicians ensemble clasically trained. In their last two albums, they magically blended baroque music, medieval, gothic and heavy metal.

In this production, the formula is repeated around a conceptual opus about Galileo Galilei, but -this time- there are some changes that put the stuff far away from the magnificent previous albums.

"The Beauty and the Beast" style (an interplay between a clear female voice and male growlings) is used again, but now (unlike the last two albums) growlings are very excessive and exaggerated, shocking and irritating. Instrumental parts in "Eppur Si Muove" -medieval and baroque tunes- are plenty of romantic beauty and extremely well executed, but voices have a predominant role, singing in German, Latin, Italian and English. Beside the growlings, even the female voice sounds shrill.

A progressive ear can enjoy arrangements, instrumentation, variety and melodies, but vocal excesses (a lot) produce an instant "pain". BTW, heavy metal fans will find (I guess) too classical and soft the instrumental parts... So, which was the target?

I'm not a metal or heavy music fan, but when I discovered this band some months ago, I was really impressed about its albums, specially trough the beautiful and delicated music (there were growlings, but just a little bit). Well, now I feel myself disappointed, essentially because HAGGARD is a fantastic musicians group able to make wonderful music that, this time, chose to demonize something that could be a majestic opus. 2 1/2 stars.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#31888) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars After a break of four years and a successful South-America tour Haggard released their third full-length studio album. Not much has changed in their music since "Awakening The Centuries", still a highly appealing (at least to the prone listener) blend of renaissance/baroque-era classical music and gothic/death metal. "Eppur Si Muove" is again a historical concept album and as the title ("And yet it does move") and cover suggests about the life and work of Galileo Galilei, who lived from 1564 bis 1642. As far as my knowledge allows, the band managed quite well to reflect the music of this era. I think it's noteworthy that most of the compositions are written by members of the band. "Larghetto / Epilogo Adagio" is by pianist/organist Hans Wolf, the two short classical interludes "Menuetto In Fa-Minore" and "Gavotta In Si-Minore" are composed by Robert von Greding who was playing clarinet in previous records but left the band meanwhile. "Herr Mannelig" is a traditional song coming originally from Norway and the rest of the tracks had been written by guitarist and front man Asis Nasseri (the one with the grunts). The vocal section, especially the one for soprano had been much enforced here compared to previous albums and they have been placed more to the foreground. One might argue that they started to use a bit too much the genre-typical "beauty and the beast-scheme" as sounding most obvious on "Per Aspera Ad Astra". But unlike with many gothic metal bands it doesn't sound at all overblown and as trying to cover some musical incapability by placing an attractive female vocalist with a pleasant voice in front. The female voices, all presented by classically trained sopranos by the way are as well not suffocated by a wall of keyboard sounds like it's sometimes the case with other bands. The contrasts between beautiful classical sections and aggressive metal ones might be here even more blatant than ever before but still everything's fits together very nicely. Finally I'd like to put a few notes, Asis mentioned in an interview I've read concerning the song "Herr Mannelig" which is lyrically not related to the concept of this album. Obviously he likes a lot this song which has been arranged already by several bands but in his view never in the right way. Originally he was planning to re-arrange it to fit into the concept but then he was afraid it would lose a lot of its identity and he decided just to translate the lyrics into Italian language. Since it's a very precious and atmospheric song in his opinion he chose consciously a mostly acoustic arrangement using only clear vocals without any grunts. It has been placed even in two different versions on the album which might look on first view that this has been done to fill up the CD. They've done this in fact since they've been asked by airplay stations if they would have a shorter track to serve as an introduction to their music. Usually they don't compose their tracks with commercial interests in mind, thus this has been a nice opportunity for them. And I think it's well forgiven if this way some more people find access to the quite adventurous kind of music they're doing.

Actually I don't see any reason to give this work an inferior rating than their first two full-length ones though one might blame them for some stagnancy in their style. But on the other hand they became even better, both in playing skills of the metal section and in having tighter compositions. Nonetheless I'd like to emphasize that this is not essential Prog in a general and conventional way but honestly I'm not aware of any other band doing such an unique combination in a better way than Haggard does. And finally I'd like to mention that I bought this CD soon after it came out and it still appeals to me nowadays (which isn't the case with CD's from other bands, i.e. Nightwish or Rhapsody I bought at the same time). I think that's a good prove, that Haggard's music passes the test of time.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#95269) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 20, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I was really charmed with their very good debut album, but little by little "Haggard" was dragged into a more metal style with lots of growling. And these have never been my cup of tea.

The very much Italian titled "All' Iinizio La Morte" doesn't hold anything Italian: it is partially "sung" in German which is not the most romantic language for prog music as far as I'm concerned. The originality of their vocals was the combination of pure and delicate female vocals backed up with discrete growling.

On this album, you'll have to switch the characteristics (but it was already the case on their second opus). Still, there are notable exceptions on this work (hopefully).

The recipe of short classical pieces to break the overall metal mood is again used. Originality dropped quite subsequently, I'm afraid. But there are several tracks which reflect the enchantment of their debut as the excellent "Per Aspera Ad Astra" and "Of A Might Divine".

The combination between classical and metal is beautifully reconstructed on an equal balance. Same proportion is reached between aerial (even if at times theatrical) vocals and growling. I was enthusiast about "And Thou Shalt Trust" for these reasons; and the charm operates again.

Some small diversion of little interest ("Herr Mannelig", "The Observer") can be skipped to reach another piece of interest faster. The title track is another winner and a true kaleidoscope of their music: wonderful classic parts, tremendous metal lines, superb vocals and scary growling. Quite a challenge, but very well performed. Some sort of prog metal opera of a unique style. The string section is just phenomenal. A highlight of course.

This album is a fine reconciliation with their great debut. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248919) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 08, 2009

4 stars This third studio album from Haggard shows that their compositions and performances as a group keep improving over the time. Integration between the metal and classical parts of the band is brought one step further, especially with the cord instruments that often dispute the lead to the electr ... (read more)

Report this review (#31889) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Eppur Si Muove"