EPPUR SI MUOVE

Haggard

Haggard Eppur Si Muove album cover

Buy HAGGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. All'inizio La Morte (6:50)
2. Menuetto In Fa-Minore (1:16)
3. Per Aspera Ad Astra (6:40)
4. Of A Might Divine (8:20)
5. Gavotta In Si-Minore (0:58)
6. Herr Mannelig (4:50)
7. The Observer (4:40)
8. Eppur Si Muove (8:19)
9. Larghetto / Epilogo Adagio (2:12)
10. Herr Mannelig (Short Version) (6:10)

Search HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove lyrics

- Matthias Utz / bariton
- Dorothea Zelinsky / violino
- Markus van Langen / voice
- Miguel Michin / corno

CD Drakkar Records #82875643726 (2004)

and to pigment for the last updates

HAGGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove Music

Seashores of Old MexicoSeashores of Old Mexico
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
MERLE HAGGARD and SONNY JAMES / PLAZA HOUSE MUSIC HALL US $10.00 Buy It Now 30m 15s
MERLE HAGGARD cassette tape album KERN RIVER US $9.93 Buy It Now 50m
MERLE HAGGARD From Graceland To The Promised Land VG+++ 45 RPM US $1.00 Buy It Now 55m 28s
Roots, Vol. 1 by Merle Haggard (CD, Oct-2004, Anti (USA)) VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
57m 8s
MERLE HAGGARD (SING ME BACK HOME CD 1) US $3.95 [0 bids]
59m 19s
Leona Williams Sings Merle Haggard - Leona Williams New & Sealed CD Free Shippin US $19.88 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Merle Haggard & The Strangers LP 1970 Okie from Muskogee EX LIVE US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Merle Haggard - 20 Greatest Hits (NEW CD) US $11.18 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson Poncho & Lefty Lp "Sealed" US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
MERLE HAGGARD & THE STRANGERS * CAROLYN & WHEN THE FEELIN' GOES AWAY * 45RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Merle Haggard / Willie Nelson - Gospel - New Cassette US $24.50 Buy It Now 2h 11m
HAGGARD EMBROIDERED PATCH NEO CLASSICAL DOOM SYMPHONIC FOLK DEATH Metal Negro US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Merle Haggard - Thats The Way Love Goes / Its (NEW CD) US $16.15 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Merle Haggard 2 Lp's - Out Among the Stars and Chill Factor Epic Records US $4.50 [0 bids]
TRIBUTE to Merle Haggard ALABAMA alan jackson EMMYLOU HARRIS marty stuart TAPE US $4.25 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Merle Haggard- Down Every Road-Press Kit US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Merle Haggard: I'm Always On A Mountain When I Fall 7" 45 VG++ Canada MCA 40869 US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Merle Haggard: I Wonder If They Ever Think Of Me 7" 45 VG++ Canada Capitol 3488 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
MERLE HAGGARD - COUNTRY: MERLE HAGGARD NEW CD US $11.25 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Merle Haggard: Let's Chase Each Other Around The Room 7" 45 VG++ Canada Epic US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Merle Haggard: Out Among The Stars / Susie 7" 45 VG++ Canada Epic 34 06344 US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Merle Haggard & The Strangers If We Make It Through December LP Capitol Records US $4.99 [0 bids]
HAGGARD,MERLE-FIGHTIN SIDE OF ME CD NEW US $9.22 Buy It Now 3h 56m
Merle Haggard Super Hits, Vol. 2 US $2.00 Buy It Now 4h 6m
MERLE HAGGARD & CLINT EASTWOOD - BAR ROOM BUDDIES 7" VINYL PS US $12.42 Buy It Now 4h 7m
MERLE HAGGARD, GLEN CAMPBELL Christmas Country Style Cassette, TRADITIONAL SONGS US $5.98 Buy It Now 4h 9m
MERLE HAGGARD IT'S ALL IN THE GAME PROMO 45 VG+ COUNTRY 1983 MCA WLP US $1.99 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD * CHILL FACTOR & THANKING THE GOOD LORD * 45 RPM US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Very Best of Merle Haggard - Merle Haggard New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.05 Buy It Now 4h 32m
NEW! MERL HAGGARD "The Epic Collection" EPIC Record Vinyl 33 1/3 LP DLP Free S/H US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Merle Haggard Fightin' Side of Me 33 lp record country US $5.47 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Christmas Country Style CD Glen Campbell Eddie Rabbit Merle Haggard Suzy Bogguss US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m
MERLE HAGGARD -WILLIE NELSON "PONCHO & LEFTY" 1982 LP SHRINK / PROMO US $12.75 [0 bids]
1981 Merle Haggard Are The Good Times Really Over / Same 7" 45 rpm PROMO Epic NM US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Texas Fiddle Song 7" 45 rpm Epic 14-02504 NM US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Merle Haggard A Place To Fall Apart / All I Want To Do Is Sing 7" 45 rpm Epic NM US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
MERLE HAGGARD 3 CASSETTES FIGHTIN' SIDE OF ME/GREATEST HITS VOLUME I/BEST OF US $5.98 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard - Roots Vol. 1 CD SEALED US $4.49 Buy It Now 5h 38m
David Allan Coe - Sings Merle Haggard [CD New] US $5.78 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Merle Haggard - At His Best [CD New] US $7.39 Buy It Now 5h 44m
45 RPM RECORD/13B) MERLE HAGGARD / ALWAYS WANTING YOU US $2.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
MERLE HAGGARD**20 GREATEST HITS (RM)**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h 14m
MERLE HAGGARD Broken Friend VINYL 45 Record NEW! US $3.98 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Best of the '90s, Vol. 1 by Merle Haggard (CD, Feb-2000, Curb US $1.89 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Best of the '90s, Vol. 2 by Merle Haggard (CD, Feb-2000, Curb) US $1.89 Buy It Now 6h 30m
LOT OF 10 GREAT COUNTRY CASSETTES HAGGARD**TANYA TUCKER**STATLERS LOT 20 US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
LOT OF 10 GREAT COUNTRY CASSETTES STATLERS**LORETTA LYNN**HAGGARD LOT 1 US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
New: CHRISTMAS COUNTRY CLASSICS (Hank Williams Jr, The Judds, Merle Haggard,) CD US $3.98 Buy It Now 6h 45m
16 Biggest Hits by Merle Haggard (CD, Jul-1998, Epic/Legacy) US $3.79 Buy It Now 6h 51m
MERLE HAGGARD - HIS EPIC HITS: FIRST ELEVEN TO BE CONTINUED - NEW CD US $4.34 Buy It Now 7h 8m
MERLE HAGGARD & BONNIE OWENS: JUST BETWEEN THE TWO OF US(VINYL, LP RECORD) ALBUM US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
MERLE HAGGARD, THE BOTTLE LET ME DOWN, Capitol RED STARLINE 45rpm, MINT-! US $4.95 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Merle Haggard-Mama Tried-Capitol P 2219-You'll Never Love Me Now-1968 Country DJ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard's Greatest Hits by Merle Haggard (CD, Oct-1992, MCA) (Canada) NEW US $5.99 [0 bids]
DAVID ALLAN COE - SINGS MERLE HAGGARD NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 7h 40m
Merle Haggard My Farewell To Elvis LP NM '77 Country MCA 2314 US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
MERLE HAGGARD - 40 #1 HITS NEW CD US $27.32 Buy It Now 8h
Merle Haggard - Greatest Number 1 Hits, Vol 1 - New Front Row Country CD! US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Merle Haggard - Greatest Number 1 Hits, Vol 2 - New Front Row Country CD! US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Merle Haggard - If I Could Only Fly - New 2000 Country CD! New Studio Recordings US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Merle Haggard - Roots, Vol. 1 - New 2001 Country CD! 50's Style Country Music! US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Merle Haggard - The Best of - New 2005 Live Stereo Country CD! US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Merle Haggard - The Roots of My Raising - New 2000 Delta Country CD! US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Merle Haggard Capitol Christmas LP 1973 US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 11m
MERLE HAGGARD A Friend in California CASSETTE TAPE 1986 Made in USA US $6.25 Buy It Now 8h 37m
17 Number 1s by Merle Haggard (CD, Jan-2013, Int'l Marketing Grp) US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Country Christmas Hits CD Merle Haggard, Tanya Tucker, Glen Campbell + More NEW US $7.23 Buy It Now 9h
Merle Haggard NM RCA 1988 West Germany CD The Early Years Love of Common People US $27.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
MCA-3089 HAGGARD, MERLE Serving 190 Proof OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Country US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
CAP-49 HAGGARD, MERLE & THE STRANGERS I'm A Lonely Fugitive OOP 12" Vinyl US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 7m
All Night Long, Haggard, Merle,New, shrinkwrapped, cassette w/f US $6.68 Buy It Now 9h 15m
A Friend in California, Haggard, Merle,New, CASSETTE AUDIO TAPE- complete with a US $6.68 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Sings Story Songs, Haggard, Merle,Good, Audio CDs-Complete in Jewel Case-with ar US $5.28 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Merle Haggard - If I Could Only Fly (CD 2000) Slipcover 3 US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Heather Myles - Highways & Honky Tonks CD (1998 Rounder) - Merle Haggard US $4.50 Buy It Now 9h 49m
Percy Sledge - Sings Country CD NEW - Johnny Cash, Lefty Frizzell, Merle Haggard US $8.50 Buy It Now 10h 3m
50 CLASSIC COUNTRY CD LOT Merle Haggard,Willie Nelson,Conway Twitty,George Jones US $69.99 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Merle Haggard The Very Best Of Merle Haggard CD US $11.59 Buy It Now 10h 4m
MERLE HAGGARD PROMO 45 RPM 7" - Rainbow Stew US $1.99 Buy It Now 10h 19m
16 Biggest Hits by Merle Haggard (CD, Jan-2011, Sony Legacy) US $12.98 Buy It Now 10h 21m
Merle Haggard The Trobadour Bear Family Records Four Cd Box Set US $85.00 [0 bids]
COUNTRY GOLD-3/Kitty Wells-GEORGE JONES-Merle Haggard US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson "Poncho & Lefty" LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Merle Haggard Untamed Hawk Bear Family Records 5 Cd Box Set US $90.00 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - HAG'S CHRISTMAS - NEW CD US $5.74 Buy It Now 11h 3m
MERLE HAGGARD - 18 RARE CLASSICS - NEW CD US $14.02 Buy It Now 11h 6m
MERLE HAGGARD WITH BONNIE OWENS & THE STRANGER THE FIGHTIN' SIDE OF ME LP ST-451 US $5.50 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Merle Haggard Collector's Series cassette US $5.00 [0 bids]
If I Could Only Fly by Merle Haggard (CD, Oct-2004, 2 Discs, Anti (USA)) US $3.98 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Roots, Vol. 1 (CD, Oct-2004, Anti (USA)) brand new sealed US $3.99 [0 bids]
Conway Twitty/Merle Haggard/Don Williams Legends LP 1986 MCA Records Sealed US $35.00 Buy It Now 11h 34m
MERLE HAGGARD: My Love Affair With Trains LP ('76 pressing) Country US $12.00 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Merle Haggard : Greatest Hits (2CDs) (2000) US $5.62 Buy It Now 11h 49m
Merle Haggard: "Everybody's Had The Blues" - his '73 hit - plays Near Mint! US $1.00 Buy It Now 11h 50m
MERLE HAGGARD & THE STRANGERS LP HAG CAPITAL US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Merle Haggard - Mama Tried/Pride In What I Am [CD New] US $14.77 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Merle Haggard-That's The Way Love Goes-lp US $5.99 [0 bids]
Merle Haggard Misery And Gin No One To Sing For But Band MCA Records 45 US $1.49 [0 bids]
MERLE HAGGARD - OUR PATHS MAY NEVER CROSS - 45rpm US $1.25 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Haggard, Merle - My Favorite Memory/Texas Fiddle Song (45,1981) US $2.00 Buy It Now 11h 59m

More places to buy HAGGARD music online Buy HAGGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HAGGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove ratings distribution

HAGGARD Eppur Si Muove reviews

Review by Marcelo
2 stars HAGGARD is a little orchestra more than a rock band, a musicians ensemble clasically trained. In their last two albums, they magically blended baroque music, medieval, gothic and heavy metal.

In this production, the formula is repeated around a conceptual opus about Galileo Galilei, but -this time- there are some changes that put the stuff far away from the magnificent previous albums.

"The Beauty and the Beast" style (an interplay between a clear female voice and male growlings) is used again, but now (unlike the last two albums) growlings are very excessive and exaggerated, shocking and irritating. Instrumental parts in "Eppur Si Muove" -medieval and baroque tunes- are plenty of romantic beauty and extremely well executed, but voices have a predominant role, singing in German, Latin, Italian and English. Beside the growlings, even the female voice sounds shrill.

A progressive ear can enjoy arrangements, instrumentation, variety and melodies, but vocal excesses (a lot) produce an instant "pain". BTW, heavy metal fans will find (I guess) too classical and soft the instrumental parts... So, which was the target?

I'm not a metal or heavy music fan, but when I discovered this band some months ago, I was really impressed about its albums, specially trough the beautiful and delicated music (there were growlings, but just a little bit). Well, now I feel myself disappointed, essentially because HAGGARD is a fantastic musicians group able to make wonderful music that, this time, chose to demonize something that could be a majestic opus. 2 1/2 stars.

Send comments to Marcelo (BETA) | Report this review (#31888) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2004

Review by hdfisch
4 stars After a break of four years and a successful South-America tour Haggard released their third full-length studio album. Not much has changed in their music since "Awakening The Centuries", still a highly appealing (at least to the prone listener) blend of renaissance/baroque-era classical music and gothic/death metal. "Eppur Si Muove" is again a historical concept album and as the title ("And yet it does move") and cover suggests about the life and work of Galileo Galilei, who lived from 1564 bis 1642. As far as my knowledge allows, the band managed quite well to reflect the music of this era. I think it's noteworthy that most of the compositions are written by members of the band. "Larghetto / Epilogo Adagio" is by pianist/organist Hans Wolf, the two short classical interludes "Menuetto In Fa-Minore" and "Gavotta In Si-Minore" are composed by Robert von Greding who was playing clarinet in previous records but left the band meanwhile. "Herr Mannelig" is a traditional song coming originally from Norway and the rest of the tracks had been written by guitarist and front man Asis Nasseri (the one with the grunts). The vocal section, especially the one for soprano had been much enforced here compared to previous albums and they have been placed more to the foreground. One might argue that they started to use a bit too much the genre-typical "beauty and the beast-scheme" as sounding most obvious on "Per Aspera Ad Astra". But unlike with many gothic metal bands it doesn't sound at all overblown and as trying to cover some musical incapability by placing an attractive female vocalist with a pleasant voice in front. The female voices, all presented by classically trained sopranos by the way are as well not suffocated by a wall of keyboard sounds like it's sometimes the case with other bands. The contrasts between beautiful classical sections and aggressive metal ones might be here even more blatant than ever before but still everything's fits together very nicely. Finally I'd like to put a few notes, Asis mentioned in an interview I've read concerning the song "Herr Mannelig" which is lyrically not related to the concept of this album. Obviously he likes a lot this song which has been arranged already by several bands but in his view never in the right way. Originally he was planning to re-arrange it to fit into the concept but then he was afraid it would lose a lot of its identity and he decided just to translate the lyrics into Italian language. Since it's a very precious and atmospheric song in his opinion he chose consciously a mostly acoustic arrangement using only clear vocals without any grunts. It has been placed even in two different versions on the album which might look on first view that this has been done to fill up the CD. They've done this in fact since they've been asked by airplay stations if they would have a shorter track to serve as an introduction to their music. Usually they don't compose their tracks with commercial interests in mind, thus this has been a nice opportunity for them. And I think it's well forgiven if this way some more people find access to the quite adventurous kind of music they're doing.

Actually I don't see any reason to give this work an inferior rating than their first two full-length ones though one might blame them for some stagnancy in their style. But on the other hand they became even better, both in playing skills of the metal section and in having tighter compositions. Nonetheless I'd like to emphasize that this is not essential Prog in a general and conventional way but honestly I'm not aware of any other band doing such an unique combination in a better way than Haggard does. And finally I'd like to mention that I bought this CD soon after it came out and it still appeals to me nowadays (which isn't the case with CD's from other bands, i.e. Nightwish or Rhapsody I bought at the same time). I think that's a good prove, that Haggard's music passes the test of time.

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#95269) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 20, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I was really charmed with their very good debut album, but little by little "Haggard" was dragged into a more metal style with lots of growling. And these have never been my cup of tea.

The very much Italian titled "All' Iinizio La Morte" doesn't hold anything Italian: it is partially "sung" in German which is not the most romantic language for prog music as far as I'm concerned. The originality of their vocals was the combination of pure and delicate female vocals backed up with discrete growling.

On this album, you'll have to switch the characteristics (but it was already the case on their second opus). Still, there are notable exceptions on this work (hopefully).

The recipe of short classical pieces to break the overall metal mood is again used. Originality dropped quite subsequently, I'm afraid. But there are several tracks which reflect the enchantment of their debut as the excellent "Per Aspera Ad Astra" and "Of A Might Divine".

The combination between classical and metal is beautifully reconstructed on an equal balance. Same proportion is reached between aerial (even if at times theatrical) vocals and growling. I was enthusiast about "And Thou Shalt Trust" for these reasons; and the charm operates again.

Some small diversion of little interest ("Herr Mannelig", "The Observer") can be skipped to reach another piece of interest faster. The title track is another winner and a true kaleidoscope of their music: wonderful classic parts, tremendous metal lines, superb vocals and scary growling. Quite a challenge, but very well performed. Some sort of prog metal opera of a unique style. The string section is just phenomenal. A highlight of course.

This album is a fine reconciliation with their great debut. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#248919) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 08, 2009

4 stars This third studio album from Haggard shows that their compositions and performances as a group keep improving over the time. Integration between the metal and classical parts of the band is brought one step further, especially with the cord instruments that often dispute the lead to the electr ... (read more)

Report this review (#31889) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 29, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAGGARD "Eppur Si Muove"