J'AI POLLETTE D'ARNU

IQ

IQ J'ai Pollette d'Arnu album cover

Buy IQ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

1. It All Stops Here (7:40)
2. Sera Sera (1989 Home Recording) (2:43)
3. Intelligence Quotient (7:33)
4. Dans Le Parc Du Chateau Noir (7:38)
5. Medley (Live)* (14:26)
6. Common Ground (Live)* (6:56)
7. Promises (Live)* (7:06)
8. Wurensh (Live)* (8:35)

*Live tracks recorded in Manchester in June 1989.

Search IQ J'ai Pollette d'Arnu lyrics

Search IQ J'ai Pollette d'Arnu tabs

- Paul Cook / drums
- Tim Esau / bass, rhythm guitar, vocals
- Mike Holmes / electric and acoustic guitars
- Paul Menel / vocals
- Martin Orford / keyboards, vocals

Additional Musicians:
- Peter Nicholls / vocals (Track 4)

CD Giant Electric Pea GEPCD 1001 (1991)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy IQ J'ai Pollette d'Arnu Music

Inside Out Germany 1998
SubterraneaSubterranea
Tales From the Lush AtticTales From the Lush Attic
Giant Electric Pea 1998
RARE OOP IQ J'AI POLLETTE D'ARNU UK ENGLAND IMPORT CD LOOK RARE US $14.99 [0 bids]
IQ - "Nomzamo" LP 1987 1st HOLLAND PRESS w/ INNER - ORIG (Mercury/Squawk) US $19.88 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Iq - Are You Sitting Comfortably? CD US $18.53 Buy It Now 7h
IQ - DARK MATTER - BRAND NEW CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
IQ - FREQUENCY - BRAND NEW (InsideOut) US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
Iq - Road Of Bones [CD New] US $22.73 Buy It Now 14h 33m
Baby Genius IQ Builder with Stimulating Classic Music US $0.99 [0 bids]
2 SUBLIMINAL HYPNOSIS LEARNING SKILLS-INTELLIGENCE INCREASE IQ-NEW BRAINWAVE AID US $25.99 Buy It Now 23h 6m
IQ THE WAKE 3 cd + 1 DVD 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition box set US $44.99 [0 bids]
UNITED - No IQ (CD 1996) New and sealed US $5.76 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ - Sold On You (13065) Vertigo (1989) VERX 42 - 12" Vinyl EP US $11.57 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA @RARE LIVE '92 CD (Marillion/Fish/Pendragon/IQ/Pallas/Styx/Manfred Mann/Elp US $16.95 [1 bids]
IQ ZERO she's so rare 7" b/w crazy dolls (srts80cus623) writing on back of pic s US $24.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Iq / Live From London DVD US $12.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Are You Sitting Comfortably - Iq New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.71 Buy It Now 1 day
SONIA only fools (never fall in love)/instrumental ZB 44613 uk iq 7" PS EX/EX US $11.34 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ Are you sitting comfortably? Vinyl LP Squawk 836 429-1 1989 Holland US $21.08 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ GDR DVD-PAL +CD RUSSIAN ROCK MUSIC CD NEW US $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Transatlantic Smpte LTD 2 CD Dream Theater Marillion Spock's Beard Neal Morse IQ US $80.00 [0 bids]
iQ: Nomzamo Lp US $6.99 [0 bids]
4 CD-SUBLIMINAL BRAIN/MIND CONTROL INTELLIGENCE HIGH IQ-BRAINWAVE TECHNOLOGY AID US $52.99 Buy It Now 1 day
IQ-Sold On You - Free UK post US $12.98 Buy It Now 2 days
J 4 L & P - KEEP ME SATISFIED - 1991 UK 12" Single ITALO-HOUSE - IQ Rec. VG++ US $8.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Prog ! IQ "Corners (Remix) / Thousand Days" 1985 Sahara Rec. 7" vinyl US $11.36 [0 bids]
IQ - The Road Of Bones (Deluxe Edition) (NEW 2CD) US $27.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Fluffy Toy Iq - Let The Fun Begin - Splish #278209 US $6.48 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ - No Love Lost / Human Nature (1987 Promotional 12" Single. VERX 31DJ) Prog US $40.56 Buy It Now 2 days
LP IQ Nomzamo 1987 Prog Rock US $4.85 [0 bids]
IQ - EVER [IQ] - NEW CD US $14.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Iq Collective - Rebound (Remixes) - 1996 #69908 US $6.48 Buy It Now 2 days
SONIA Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy 7" Single Vinyl Record 45rpm IQ 1991 US $9.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Baby O - Ritmo De La Noche - Iq Records - 1991 #131326 US $6.48 Buy It Now 2 days
J4L & P - Keep Me Satisfied - Iq Records - 1991 #283037 US $6.48 Buy It Now 2 days
LP IQ Are You Sitting Comfortably? 1989 Prog Rock US $4.85 [0 bids]
2009 METAL ~ IQ ~ Frequency ~ RARE PROMO ~ PROMOTIONAL CD US $17.99 [0 bids]
Claw Toe 6 track cd Criminal IQ US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IQ - FREQUENCY (UK) NEW CD US $35.71 Buy It Now 3 days
IMORGON PARIS FUNKREAKTOR / IQ + 2 ULTRA RARE SWEDISH FUNK BEAT 12" 1982 !! US $337.49 Buy It Now 3 days
2004 FUNCTIONAL BLACKOUTS S/T Vinyl LP! Criminal IQ Records Chicago Punk Vee Dee US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
R:IQ#1 Marvellous Cain - Hitman (DJ Hype Remix) JUNGLE US $16.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Mozart for Mommies and Daddies: Jumpstart your Newborn's IQ (CD, Oct-1999) US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ The Road Of Bones 2x CD Digipak 2014 NEW & SEALED US $29.13 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ The Road Of Bones CD 2014 NEW & SEALED US $21.02 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ - Live from London (Live Recording/+DVD) (Music CD) US $19.33 Buy It Now 3 days
POSITIVE GANG Sweet Freedom 12" Ps, 3 Tracks, 60S Stylee/Sixteen Mix/Iq Version US $14.59 Buy It Now 3 days
IQ "ARE YOU SITTING COMFORTABLY" PROG ROCK VINYL ALBUM SQUAWK 836 429-1 US $23.53 Buy It Now 3 days
BABY GENIUS best IQ BUILDER with STIMULATING CLASSICAL MUSIC var artist NEW CD US $5.88 [0 bids]
FREQUENCY BY IQ (CD) US $21.37 Buy It Now 3 days
V.A. Classic Prog Mag. Present Little Fluffy Clouds W/ IQ, Anathema,Tiles US $4.95 [0 bids]
Increase Your IQ Subliminal CD boost intelligence improve brain power memory nlp US $15.95 [0 bids]
Iq - Frequency [CD New] US $25.09 Buy It Now 3 days
United - No IQ 1996 METAL BLADE RECS loudness outrage earthshaker US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SUBLIMINAL INTELLIGENCE ENHANCEMENT-INCREASE YOUR INTELLECT HIGH IQ BRAINWAVE CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
FULL METAL HITS - 2X12" FRENCH PROMO - DEF LEPPARD, BON JOVI, KISS, IQ - RARE US $40.57 [0 bids]
IQ Forever Live 2-CD's 2005 Progressive Rock Arena / Flower Kings BRAND NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LOW IQ 01 - MASTER LOW FOR... Japan Edition CD F1 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ARENA Immortal CD Neo-Progressive Rock NEW IQ / Tangent / Pendragon Clive Nolan US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Subterranea by IQ (CD, Mar-2005, 2 Discs, SPV) US $14.71 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ-FREQUENCY (LIMITED EDITION) (BONUS DV... CD NEW US $20.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Subterranea [CD New] US $17.15 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ I.Q. I Q live concert very small mini poster print A5 size US $9.72 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - Are You Sitting Comfortably? US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Iq - The Seventh House US $11.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Now - Spheres - Cassette (Aragon, IQ, King Crimson) US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ - SUBTERRANEA NEW CD US $26.46 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ - FREQUENCY (LIMITED) - BONUS DVD (LTD) NEW CD US $26.46 Buy It Now 4 days
Frequency [CD & DVD] by Iq, IQ (CD, May-2009, 2 Discs, SPV) US $16.53 Buy It Now 4 days
Mode/IQ Mind/Soul Mini LP - Rare Pink Cover MIQ-033 with sleeve US $20.00 [0 bids]
(AQ726) Asaviour & DJ IQ, The A Loop Theory - DJ CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ - Big Girls Don't Cry ep - New Sealed CD US $4.70 Buy It Now 4 days
IQ-THE ROAD OF BONES SPECIAL EDITION-JAPAN 2 CD Ltd/Ed Hi66 zd US $43.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Iq - Tales From The Lush Attic 2013 Re-Mix (Gatefold Cover) (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $24.33 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ - FOREVER LIVE [IQ] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] [693723244624] - NEW CD BOXSET US $14.29 Buy It Now 5 days
IQ - Girl Group - ROLL CALL CD/DVD - NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LUCHA LIBRE lo iq hi power LP 11 track double (stl025lp) uk satellite 1999 US $12.90 Buy It Now 5 days
NATIVE JAPAN CD ROOTS REGGAE SEALED IQ21 US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy IQ music online Buy IQ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IQ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IQ J'ai Pollette d'Arnu ratings distribution

IQ J'ai Pollette d'Arnu reviews

Review by lor68
4 stars Excellent compilation regarding both the period with Peter Nichols and that one with Paul Menel, including almost the whole range of classics from the early period (listen to the medley containing the mini-suite "The Last Human Gateway") and the recent one. This band demonstrates to be the unique New-Progressive rock band (along with PENDRAGON in some circumstances) to be closer to such 70's Romantic-Progressive rock stuff, GENESIS-like; moreover by maintaining a certain personality (listen for example to the song "IQ" or the excellent "It all stops here"). They are still a remarkable reference for the most accessible Romantic-Progressive proselytes of such "New-Prog stuff" nowadays. Recommended, above all talking about the fans of the most accessible new progressive wave genre!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#3687) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 02, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars Despite sound quality and mixing, this album is musically excellent. For those of you who love the band, it's your chance to enjoy the voice of Paul Menel because he sung on majority of tracks presented here - only one song which features Peter Nichols as lead vocalist, i.e trak 4 "Dans Le Parc Du Chateau Noir". This track is actually also available at remastered edition of The Wake CD. I personally enjoy this album veru much because I can see the difference of Paul and Peter's voice which in a glance they sound very similar. Try the opening track "It All Stops Here" (7:40) where Paul demonstrates his capability in singing through wonderful vocal at intro part. This track is interesting as far as structure concern because it comprises multi styles with changing mood. You can find an early Genesis sound with this track. This track was recorded at Rockfield Studio, Feb 86, issued as one side of a shaped picture disc which had a limited run of two thousand copies.

"Sera Sera" was originally intended as B side of "Drive On" 12 inch which never saw the light of day. It demonstrates a nice combination of acoustic guitar and vocal with some flute-like sound - a mellow one. The band's title tracl "Intelligence Quotient » (7:33) is a nice composition with some classical music touch through a combination of keyboard and acoustic guitar - during opening. The song is quite melodic with many soft keyboard sound. Well guys. I really enjoy this track because of its strong composition and nice melody - even though the sonic quality is not good. The melody and the Hackettian guitar are really killing! This song demonstrates the sound of IQ! It was recorded at the same period with "It All Stops Here" at the same studio.

I have been familiar with "Dans Le Parc Du Chateau Noir" (7:38) through my "The Wake" CD which contains this track as bonus. Structurally, this is a very strong track with changing moods and tempos. You may find some soft keyboard sound in certain segment in the middle where it does sound similar with the opening part of "Beat The Drum" by Pallas. The organ solo sound in the middle is so rewarding as well.

Track 5 to 8 are basically live tracks with Menel as lead vocal. "Medley" comprises parts of classic tracks: The Last Human Gateway - Outer Limits - It All Stops Here - The Enemy Smack taken from Bristol, June 89. It's an excellent medley. "Common Ground" (6:56) was recorded live at Manchester, June 89. "Promises" (7:06) from Nomzamo album was recorded differently than studio version from Manchester, June 89. It surprises me that the track starts differently and in the middle of the track there is a "disco" version. "Wurensh" (8:35) was recorded at Birmingham, June 89.

If you are an IQ fan, this album is a MUST. But if you are a beginner with IQ, I would not recommend this album as your first experience, you must try other albums like "Subterranea" or "ever" or "Dark Matter" or "The Seventh House" or "The Wake". If you enjoy early Genesis, you would love this album. Forgive the sonic quality. I heard that this CD is now OOP (out of print) - so you may find the used one. I got this CD in 1999. Recommended. I don't understand if people do not enjoy the music of IQ. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#61970) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars IQ only have released three studio albums at the time, but two "live" ones and this hybrid one which will both feature live and studio tracks (equally distributed). I also do not really understand why they needed to mix both eras of their short life (Menel and Nicholls).

As far as the studio recordings are concerned, there is a bit of redundancy. "It all Stops Here" and "IQ" could already be found on a previous studio live effort "Nine a Pond Is Here". Version of the former being more dynamic on this album. I also prefer this version of "Intelligence Quotient", a bit harder and with a much better sound recording (this can be clearly heard in the intro, but not only) here.

"Dans Le Parc du Château Noir" is a beautiful song, full of emotion and with a definite sound of hope. There is a sublime guitar break from Mike towards the end. Great work. He is not often put in the forefront, since IQ depends very much on the keys from Martin. This number comes from the sessions of "The Wake" and is availble on the CD edition as a bonus track. Nothing new here.

"Sera Sera" is a pittyful ballad which should have been remained unreleased, believe me.

Now, the live recordings.

I have seen IQ twice live (both with Peter on the vocals). I actually prefer Peter even if Paul sounds similar at times. Peter sounds more desperate and has a more emotional tone (and I guess that you know that I like emotions quite a lot).

There is an attempt to please early IQ fans with "The Medley" featuring (amongst others) two of their legendary tracks from their first two albums "The Last Human Gateway" (from "Tales"), and "Outer Limits" (from "The Wake").

One can discuss the use of such "Medley". These two song alone were almost clocking at thirty minutes. To reduce them so much is not in line with my expectations. But Genesis will do the same with their Gabriel era songs while they were three or four on stage. So, if the master does it ...

From "Nomzamo", we'll get the AOR-ish and very poor "Promises" (pretty much extended here) and "Common Ground" only saved by a great guitar break at the end.

And yes, a great original track will almost be ruined ! "Wurensh" featured on "Are You Sitting Comfortably ? and which was, by far, the best track of the album is poorly rendered here. It is also shortend by a minute. Not really great to say the least. Almost a massacre.

As you can figure out, there is really nothing extraordinary on here. Average to good tracks (and even or two or three poor ones depending on your feeling about "Wurensh") and that's it !

No audience participation, no little stories to introduce the tracks (as Peter - Nicholls often does) during the live "set".

I would not recommend you to buy this record (it does not even sell for cheap). IQ won't really produce studio compilation as such but their live CD "Forever Live" or their great DVD's "IQ20 - The Twentieth Anniversary Show" or "Stage" are definitely a better choice.

This one is for die-hard fans and therefore I will rate it with two stars (and I am generous).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#123026) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 21, 2007

5 stars Live versions on this album surely won´t catch your attention, and most IQ fans tend to say that Paul Menel is a bit commercial, but here he show us what he can do. He has a crystal-clear voice. The band really peak on the studio tracks, here the musicianship of the band explodes. Menel´s version o ... (read more)

Report this review (#3686) | Posted by | Friday, January 30, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IQ "J'ai Pollette d'Arnu"