SOLIPSYSTEMOLOGY

progressive rock music

Buy T Music
Studio Album, released in 2019

- Chapter Seven - The End Where We Begin :
1. The End Of Always (14:00)
2. That Thought You Lost At Home (8:41)
- Chapter Eight - The Trauma Of Happiness :
3. A Haunted Ghost (8:05)
4. Lifeoscopy (6:01)
5. Laughter's Cold Remains (12:19)
- Chapter Nine - Solipsisters :
6. When We Were Us (9:48)
7. Beyond The Dark (14:00)

Total time 72:54

- Thomas "T" Thielen /composer & performer, production & mixing

Note: The actual instrumentation could not be fully confirmed at this moment

Third layer to the fractal narration that started with "Fragmentropy"

Artwork: Sophia Tangian and T with Katia Tangian (photo)

CD Giant Electric Pea ‎- GEPCD1062 (2019, UK)

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy T Solipsystemology Music

T Solipsystemology ratings distribution

T Solipsystemology reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars So, Thomas Thielen is back with his seventh solo album, and as usual wrote, played and sang everything, just handing the mastering over to Ian Shepherd. When I heard that T had signed to GEP I was impressed, and pleased for both sides, as he is a perfect edition to their small but incredibly important collection of artists. According to Thomas this is the third layer of a holograph that started with 'Fragmentropy' and 'Epistrophobia' and given my differing views on those two albums I did wonder what this was going to be like. I just didn't 'get' his fifth release, and only awarded it 3/5, which was the lowest I had ever awarded one of his releases (and I am only missing the debut from my collection). But the last album was given the highest score ever, so what would happen with this one?

I knew it was going to be interesting when Thomas and I were talking one night, and he said 'Take your time. This is difficult to get into'. Now, 'difficult' is my middle name (and if you don't believe me ask my wife), so instead of scaring me it just made me even more intrigued. I have noticed already that this appears to be a Marmite album, in that people either love it or hate it, and I know which camp I am firmly in, as I love it. Names such as Geoff Mann, David Bowie, Roy Harper, Steven Wilson, Todd Rundgren, IQ, Twelfth Night and early Pendragon all come to mind, often just for a few bars here and there and sometimes all mixed up together. This is a draining album to play as it demands to be listened to from start to finish, and there is just so much going on that the intensity is almost overwhelming. One must allow the album to take control: let the music take you where it wishes and follow willingly. If you fight it, then you won't either understand or enjoy it, go with the flow as opposed to fighting against the current.

Complex, complicated, simple, acoustic, rocky, truly progressive, manic, all this and so much more. It is hard to describe just how this album makes me feel, and I am sure that at the end of the year when I am pestered by various people this will be firmly inside my Top Ten. He even put a band together to tour the album, and that must have been a wonderful sight to see and hear. New Zealand next maybe? This needs to be in everyone's playlist.

5 stars T's releases are always ambitious and of very high quality, but Solipsystemology succeeds on even more levels than his past work. The gentle melodic falsettos and the emotional walls of sound segue together seamlessly. There is a deeper melancholy to this release, I haven't delved into the lyrics ... (read more)

Report this review (#2189133) | Posted by praj912 | Sunday, April 28, 2019 | Review Permanlink

2 stars What is this? Prog wallpaper. Amnesia music. Cause, I'm not getting it people. A blizzard of five-star ratings. So I listen. t checks off several prog boxes. It's complicated. Manic snare. Manic stare. The album begins with an ending- "The End Where We Begin:" Surprise, it's a concept album ... (read more)

Report this review (#2183090) | Posted by omphaloskepsis | Sunday, April 14, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars T's albums have always displayed an incredible stability in quality: They surely differ in their style, as with every artist worth the name, and therefore may meet the listener's taste more or less, but the sonic and musical quality has always been beyond doubt. In this array of stunning music, ... (read more)

Report this review (#2182108) | Posted by Zenobith | Tuesday, April 9, 2019 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The music of t (Thomas Thielen) should be better known. The reason it is not is probably that he does not release many of his albums to the streaming sites (there are just two albums on the site I use most frequently). My introduction to t was Anti-matter Poetry and the extraordinary track Rearv ... (read more)

Report this review (#2171242) | Posted by CeeJayGee | Friday, April 5, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Not too sure why t is listed under Neo-Prog? My first association with t, and I assume others would see it too, is Marillion, or to be more precise, the Steve Hogarth Era Marillion, due to a relatively similar voice and style of singing. But despite this association, t does sounds much more adven ... (read more)

Report this review (#2170867) | Posted by King Manuel | Wednesday, April 3, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Just got the newest addition to t universe. And an own universe, it actually is. t has created his own subgenre, really, since 2010, in which influences of Mike Oldfield, The Cure, Bj'rk, Radiohead and New Wave acts collide into big, big stories on big, big one-piece-albums. t even hints at the ... (read more)

Report this review (#2169685) | Posted by herne | Saturday, March 30, 2019 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Have already appreciated the t-albums before for their quality. Solipsystemology does a lot more to me. "Again a good complex album" I expected. But Solipsystemology is a small Prog-Sensation! Maybe the most emotional PROG-Album for me and musically one of the best of the last years. Prog often ... (read more)

Report this review (#2168710) | Posted by Quidje | Monday, March 25, 2019 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of T "Solipsystemology"