HAPPY FAMILY

Happy Family Happy Family album cover

Buy HAPPY FAMILY Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Rock & Young (6:40)
2. Shige Et Osanna (4:53)
3. Partei (7:06)
4. Rolling the Law Court (4:55)
5. Kaiten (Ningen Gyorai) (8:24)
6. Naked King (19:04)
7. Drums Whisper Spacy (1:33)

Search HAPPY FAMILY Happy Family lyrics

Search HAPPY FAMILY Happy Family tabs

- Kenichi Morimoto / keyboards
- Tatsuya Myano / bass
- Shigeru Makino / guitar
- Keiichi Nagase / drums

Cuneiforme Rune 73 (CD)

HAPPY FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HAPPY FAMILY Happy Family Music

Happy FamilyHappy Family
Cuneiform 1995
Toscco by HAPPY FAMILYToscco by HAPPY FAMILY
Cuneiform

A TRIBUTE TO RAMONES Happy Family MADE IN BULGARIA CASSETTE TAPE ULTRA RARE USD $16.66 Buy It Now 12h 37m
A Tribute To The Ramones "We're A Happy Family" 2 LP's Colored Vinyl New! USD $49.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Matt Wilson's Big Happy Family - Beginning Of A Memory (NEW CD) USD $15.81 Buy It Now 1 day
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD,... USD $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
BRUCE RUFFIN - ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY / HEAVEN CHILD - UK 7" - TROJAN TR-7832 USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1 day
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones New CD USD $7.69 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A. Tribute To RAMONES + BONUS Trk JAPAN CD SICP-230 We're Happy Family KISS + USD $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD, 2003) USD $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
One Big Happy Family Audio CD USD $31.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Happy Family New CD USD $16.09 Buy It Now 2 days
T.F.O. dj 45 HAPPY FAMILY mono / stereo ~ M- USD $5.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Mikey Dread - Happy Family CD USD $29.75 Buy It Now 2 days
MATT WILSON`S BIG HAPPY FAMILY-BEGINNING OF A MEMORY (DIG) (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Toscco 0045775009322 by Happy Family, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $22.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Various - One Big Happy Family - Island Records - 1979 #744177 USD $12.65 Buy It Now 2 days
T.F.O. - HAPPY FAMILY/LET LOVE COME RIGHT ON IN - VENTURE - NORTHERN MODERN SOUL USD $13.91 [0 bids]
One Big Happy Family - Reggae Compilation - Island - IRSP 1 Vinyl LP USD $10.06 Buy It Now 3 days
ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY Various Artists LP VINYL 8 Track Including Zap Pow, Third USD $9.92 Buy It Now 3 days
Minimal Gods - Happy Family CD-JEWEL CASE USD $17.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Super Happy Family Wish Record, , Good USD $8.98 Buy It Now 3 days
30/10/82PGN49 HAPPY FAMILY : THE MAN ON YOUR STREET ALBUM ADVERT 7X5" USD $6.33 Buy It Now 3 days
WILSON,MATT/BIG HAPPY FAMILY Beginning of a Memory USD $19.59 Buy It Now 4 days
26/10/85PN48 ARTICLETEVO THE HEAD 0F HAPPY FAMILY SOME BIZZARE USD $8.85 Buy It Now 4 days
1 CENT CD Beginning Of A Memory - Matt Wilson's Big Happy Family USD $0.15 [3 bids]
ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY VARIOUS Vinyl Record USD $16.39 Buy It Now 6 days
BRUCE RUFFIN 'One Big Happy Family' 1971 DUTCH PS REGGAE VINYL 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD,... USD $8.46 Buy It Now 6 days
We're a Happy Family A Tribute to the Ramones New Promo CD METALLICA KISS ZOMBIE USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to Ramones, New Music USD $11.63 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW We're A Happy Family - A Tribute To Ramones (Audio CD) USD $9.64 Buy It Now 6 days
We're a Happy Family A Tribute to the Ramones red white blue swirl 2xLP /750 ETR USD $64.99 Buy It Now 7 days
A Tribute To The Ramones We're A Happy Family 2x LP green Colored Vinyl SEALED USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
BOB MARLEY~ZAP POW~THIRD WORLD One Big Happy Family ORIGINAL MANGO LP USD $9.95 Buy It Now 7 days
WE`RE A HAPPY FAMILY: A TRI...-WE`RE A HAPPY FAMILY: A TRIBUTE TO RAMONES CD NEW USD $8.62 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW One Big Happy Family (Audio CD) USD $22.30 Buy It Now 8 days
RAMONES Tribute CD We're A Happy Family Produced by Rob Zombie USD $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Beginning of a Memory by Matt Wilson's Big Happy Family (Audio CD) Palmetto NEW USD $17.04 Buy It Now 9 days
The Happy Family The Man On Your Feet CD USD $17.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Eddie Vedder Zeke Tom Waits We`re A Happy Family Tribute To Ramones USD $5.41 Buy It Now 9 days
Beginning of a Memory - Matt Wilson's Big Happy Family CD-JEWEL CASE USD $19.16 Buy It Now 9 days
Toscco Happy Family Audio CD USD $21.66 Buy It Now 9 days
The Man on Your Street cd The Happy Family (Scotland) (1998, 4AD) OOP RARE 12tk USD $10.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Minimal Gods - Happy Family (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Brother Sam Goodman "Happiness Is..." SEALED LP Canaan 9849 Happy Family USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
A Happy Family-Gu?a para Ser...el Mejor Padre CD NEW USD $25.21 Buy It Now 10 days
We're a Happy Family A Tribute To Ramones (Columbia 2003) Cassette Tape SEALED! USD $9.90 Buy It Now 11 days
Happy Family : Lucky CD (1995)***NEW*** USD $10.22 Buy It Now 11 days
MATT/BIG HAPPY FAMILY WILSON - BEGINNING OF A MEMORY CD NEW+ USD $24.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Singing Sam and the Seedlings-One Big Happy Family CD NEW USD $17.41 Buy It Now 11 days
The sizzling - happy family CD USD $9.96 Buy It Now 12 days
Various Artists - One Big Happy Family on Mango Records MLPS 9530 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
the happy family lp man on your street vg+/vg++ uk imp USD $19.95 Buy It Now 13 days
A Happy Family Spirit Wind~RARE Private Label Christian Gospel Cassette USD $15.26 Buy It Now 13 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD,... USD $4.72 Buy It Now 14 days
We're A Happy Family - A Tribute To The Ramones, Various Artists, METALLICA KISS USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Matt Wilson's Big Happy Family - Beginning Of A Memory [CD New] USD $13.31 Buy It Now 15 days
We're a Happy Family A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists 15 Songs USD $6.99 Buy It Now 15 days
USED (GD) We're A Happy Family - A Tribute To The Ramones (2003) (Audio CD) USD $8.15 Buy It Now 15 days
MIKEY DREAD - Happy Family - VINYL LP USD $18.47 Buy It Now 15 days
ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY - Various Artists ~ VINYL LP USD $15.05 Buy It Now 15 days
Minimal Gods * by Happy Family. USD $17.99 Buy It Now 16 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists USD $9.79 Buy It Now 16 days
Happy Family "Lucky" 1990 - 50 Skidillion Watts VINYL LP Record Half Japanese USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16 days
THE HAPPY FAMILY The Man On The Street CD 4AD USD $9.64 Buy It Now 17 days
Various : Were a Happy Family CD (2003) USD $6.58 Buy It Now 18 days
T.F.O.: Happy Family / Mono 45 (dj) Soul USD $10.00 Buy It Now 18 days
MATT WILSON'S BIG HAPPY FAMILY - BEGINNING OF A MEMORY - CD USD $14.94 Buy It Now 18 days
Happy Family - Lucky - 1990 50 Skidillion Watts NEW USD $7.99 Buy It Now 18 days
T.F.O. - Happy Family - super clean 45 rpm USD $7.00 Buy It Now 19 days
DUNCAN, Eric/JUSTIN VANDERVOLGEN aka HAPPY FAMILY - Burnt - Vinyl (12") USD $15.58 Buy It Now 19 days
Beginning Of A Memory - Matt Wilson's Big Happy Family 75395 (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.95 Buy It Now 19 days
SEALED ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY - REGGAE VARIOUS LP EX BOB MARLEY TOOTS STEEL PULSE USD $14.00 Buy It Now 19 days
THE RAMONES 2X 12" Green Color vinyl LP WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY record Pearl Jam USD $49.99 Buy It Now 19 days
CD: MATT WILSON'S BIG HAPPY FAMILY Beginning Of A Memory STILL SEALED USD $10.00 Buy It Now 20 days
We're A Happy Family - A Tribute To The Ramones Various Artists Audio CD USD $13.48 Buy It Now 20 days
HAPPY FAMILY Lucky LP (Happy 16-1, orig 1990) VG++ Riot Grrl FL Alternative Punk USD $7.99 Buy It Now 21 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD,... USD $11.98 Buy It Now 21 days
We're A Happy Family A Tribute To The Ramones Cd In Like New Condition USD $5.99 Buy It Now 21 days
We'Re A Happy Family-Tribute To Ramones [CD New] USD $6.28 Buy It Now 21 days
We'Re A Happy Family-Tribute To Ramones (CD Used Very Good) USD $4.28 Buy It Now 21 days
Happy Family The Man Japan CD OBI Momus Josef K 4AD C86 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 22 days
A HAPPY FAMILY ~ Picture Sleeve 7" USD $14.89 Buy It Now 22 days
We're a Happy Family A Tribute to the Ramones Vedder Metallica U2 Green Day 2xLP USD $74.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Bruce Ruffin One Big Happy Family 7" Trojan TR7832 EX 1971 One Big Happy Family/ USD $13.29 Buy It Now 23 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD, Feb-2003. USD $14.81 Buy It Now 24 days
WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY: A TRIBUTE TO RAMONES / VAR (CD) sealed USD $9.86 Buy It Now 24 days
METALLICA St. Anger w/ We're happy Family RAMONES Remake TRK UK 7 INCH Vinyl 45 USD $56.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Happy Family - Minimal Gods [CD New] USD $14.75 Buy It Now 24 days
Minimal Gods - Happy Family (2014, CD New) USD $14.62 Buy It Now 24 days
Minimal Gods * by Happy Family (Japan) (CD, Sep-2014, Cuneiform Records) USD $11.82 Buy It Now 24 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones by Various Artists (CD, Feb-2003, USD $3.99 Buy It Now 25 days
One Big Happy Family - Singing Sam & Seedlings (2014, CD New) USD $17.02 Buy It Now 25 days
Singing Sam & Seedlings - One Big Happy Family [CD New] USD $16.43 Buy It Now 25 days
Minimal Gods Happy Family Audio CD USD $26.67 Buy It Now 25 days
The Man on Your Street by The Happy Family (CD, Jul-... USD $24.85 Buy It Now 25 days
MATT WILSON`S BIG HAPPY FAMILY-BEGINNING OF A MEMORY (DIG) CD NEW USD $16.38 Buy It Now 25 days
We're a Happy Family: a Tribut Various Artists Audio CD USD $13.28 Buy It Now 26 days
Ramones - Tribute We're A Happy Family / TH Cassette USD $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Romper Room: One Big Happy Family-LP SEALED USD $9.99 Buy It Now 26 days
We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones NEW CD USD $7.98 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy HAPPY FAMILY music online Buy HAPPY FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

HAPPY FAMILY Happy Family ratings distribution

HAPPY FAMILY Happy Family reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

Having had a fairly long career before the release of their debut album, Happy Family were a well-oiled machine that left no space for one more single note to be introduced in the 200 MPH fusion of RIO, Metal and Zeuhl influences. This Japanese standard prog quartet (lead by main composer Morimoto) was of course anything but standard of course, as they extremely complex and instrumental music could almost be called Zeuhlmetal if it was not for some real different moments (notably Rolling The Law Court), which could qualify as Crimsonian Zero.

In spite of their misleading joyous name, Happy Family's music is not an easy one to get into, almost bringing the obtuse epithet to a "summum" (apex) value, if it was not for these new "brutal prog" ala Hella or Flying Luttenbacher groups, which make obtuse sound like agreeable and easily accessible. But getting back to HP, while the crunchy metallic riffy guitar is certainly a big f the full-frontal aggression of the group, the real motor of the group is the drummer's relentless hammering of his skins. Another source of aggressive sounds is the repetitive motifs that bring an almost minimalist quality in an otherwise incredibly full complex music, is the Present influence. Clearly tracks like Partei and Kaiten are full-blown Zeuhl, where metal guitars and Trigaux-inspired devilish rhythms are prime features;

Another highlight is the awesome frightful complexity of Law Court where the group nears Eastern European chaotic mayhem. The lengthy Naked King is a slow starter with a Mk2-Crimson crescendo in its intro, but soon enough it starts its incessant hammering of constantly changing tempos until returning to a Cimson-like Starless crescendo before ending in an unbearable infernal sustain the finally plunging to a stop. The least almost meaningless track is a piano piece even if drums are announced in the track title, and there are some almost unbearably irritating air whistling noises. Definitely a difficult to get into debut album, Happy Family is not really that essential compared to Tossco (their second album) because of its sometimes unbearable aggressiveness, but there are some "really-must-hear" passages on it that will make it indispensable if you are a follower of Zeuhl-metal ;-).

4 stars I'm of the opinion that if you liked "Tossco" you need to get their debut. Get them both and be happy.

"Rock & Young" has a frantic intro of pounding drums and bass.The bass work is killer ! The background synths with the relentless drums create an interesting sound. Guitar arrives 2 minutes in and a couple of minutes later it sounds a little dissonant. The guitar is amazing ! The song ends in the same chaotic way as it began. "Shige Et Osanna" is dominated by drums and bass as organ and guitar come and go. This is another great song with a couple of different themes taking their turn in the spotlight. "Partei" is mellow to start out with keys and guitar. It starts to pick up though and we get a nice guitar melody as drums pound. It's even faster now as the song starts to change to more of a fusion sound. We're back to the original melody but with more bottom end and we're only half way through the song ! Some dissonant sounds 6 minutes in as the song continues to unfold.

"Rolling The Law Court" has a Zappa- like intro before the guitar comes in and grinds out some raw melodies. We get some good bass and drum lines as the Zappa-like horns come in as the guitar solos over top. This is great ! Very Zappa flavoured. "Kaiten(Ningen Gyorai)" is a heavy uptempo track with an amzing sound. More great bass, thunder from Japan ! "Naked King" is over 19 minutes long and begins with symphonic keys. I like it. A pounding beat follows and the song picks up the pace after 4 minutes. The bass rumbles 8 minutes in as we get a pulsating rhythm. The beat ends as various sounds crash in and out. A darker mood follows. 14 1/2 minutes in it's speeding up. The song brightens 17 minutes in to the end as the night is over. "Drums Whisper Spacey" is slowly played piano and what sounds like my dog (Dexter) making his squeeky squeek (a lot).

Essential Japanese heavy Zeuhl.

Review by Cesar Inca
5 stars Happy Family's debut album is an accurate example of the way that the Japanese contemporary progressive scene recaptured and revitalized the Zeuhl monster in order to keep it breathing all the way through the 90s and 00s: "Happy Family" is not only a catalogue, but it is also a paradigm of how you can maintain and nurture the spirit of avant- garde in the present times by providing it with an extraordinary use of abundant doses of stamina and electricity. Of course, the talent at writing material, the skill at playing in interaction with your partners and the passion to make it work beyond the inherent intellectual drive are also items of great importance when it comes to making good experimental rock, and the foursome of Happy Family are pretty much gifted on these three departments. It is a pity that this one and "Toscco" would eventually be their only inputs to the international prog scenario, but it is also true that the spectacular greatness of both items amply compensates for their brevity. Well, it now our time to review their debut album, originally released in 1995. The aptly titled 'Rock & Young' kicks off the album in a delightful mixture of trepidation and frenzy that is robustly designed around the implacable rhythmic scheme. These HP guys really anticipated the sort of avant-prog for the 00s that acts like Guapo and Nebelnest would later grace our ears with, but yet the HP guys seemed to have drunk 2-3 Redbull bottles and spent a couple of hours under "Clockwork Orange"-style torture. Those who got acquainted with this band in proper time must have had a trauma or a revelation, no in between. 'Shige Et Osanna' follows on a similarly intense note, but this time the urgency is less prominent and the rhythm duo's swing is more elaborated. The guitar parts are more Crimsonian, indeed, and so are the bass lines (Wetton would have loved to come up with them during his glorious 72-74 tenure in the band of Fripp & co.). This piece is, to say it in one word, jazz-oriented, and so the next one 'Partei' is more deeply jazzy. This one might as well be described as a hybrid of Present and Kenso, with an extra touch of the frenetic dynamics that HP is so well known for. 'Rolling the Law Court' takes the recurrent neurosis to a more playful level, somehow emulating the Dadaistic cynicism of Zappa, plus refined flavors of standard 90s jazz-rock. By now, you can tell that these guys are not only about progressive madness, but they are also capable of instilling passages and arrangements where control is the key among the overall extroverted framework. For the elaboration of 'Kaiten (Ningen Gyorai)', the band decides to take one step back from the stylish refinement present in the preceding 2 tracks and goes for an approach closer to heavy prog, partially leaning toward the Crimsonian standard and adding raw jazz-friendly textures a-la Xaal. The magnificent guitar lead provided by Shigeru Makino rounds liek a simultaneosu homage to Messrs. Fripp and Vai, while the synth solo that follows sounds like a creepy reconstruction of vintage Jan Hammer. Now that I think about it, this track is also very refined, only with a more abundant muscular element set as the nucleus for the instrumental developments. With its 19 minute span, 'Naked King' works as the album's definitive climax. Its slow, majestic intro theme soon leads us to the main body, properly syncopated through a creepy atmosphere ? very much a Francophone RIO thing (Univers Zero, Vortex, Present, you know?). On the other hand, it is also fair not to forget that HP adds its own colorfulness to this progressive thread, and this is particularly true concerning the dynamics utilized for this piece's development. Images of solemnity and decadence are conjured by the integral sonic framework as the first climax shifts toward an explorative improvisational section that enhances the running creepiness. Once the climax returns in a proactive manner, the neurosis returns to its original intensity until the grayish intro theme returns for the coda. After this incredible journey of magnificence and darkness, the brief piano solo entitled 'Drums Whisper Spacy' closes down the album with an aura of crepuscular quietness. What a way to build up an explosion and then a calm closure as the album's finalization! What an album! Enough said, 5 stars, Happy Family has to be dearly missed, please tell all new prog fans about them.
Review by snobb
4 stars Wow! Japanese usual psychedelic attack on your ears, but this time in very hard core form.

Debut (?) album of this Japanese band contains very explosive mix of angular King Crimsonian guitars, cold militaristic Magma drumming, some chamber RIO elements and freaky Zappa's atmosphere all mixed in one aural attack. Excellent musicianship technique, very calculated compositions. Dark, cold and totalitaristic sound, guitar soloing in this dark place and hammer-like drumming on the front of the sound mix. If you are familiar with less radical Japanese zeuhl bands, just add hard core (big doze) to their sound and you can imagine what is Happy Family.

One of excellent examples of Japanese psychedelic zeuhl with strong RIO flavour. Before listening just be sure you're ready this dark attack will destroy your mind though!

Review by Warthur
3 stars Happy Family's first album finds the four man set of Morimoto, Myano, Makino and Nagase jamming their little zeuhlish hearts out to produce intricate instrumentals of tangled-up RIO- flavoured music. The technical accomplishment and the sheer complexity on show is impressive, although personally I find that the album begins to suffer from a lack of variation in emotional tone or atmosphere - at plenty of points the band seem to be playing for playing's sake. There are, of course, plenty of people who find that to be more than enough - and such folk will probably dig this album a lot - but for me music needs some context, whether it's an emotion or a mood or a tone or an atmosphere or an idea or a story it wants to convey, in order to avoid degenerating into aimless noodling.

4 stars Really good!! "Rock and Young" and "Kaiten" are two spectacular pieces of the strange style of this band. I insist: japanese prog music (or zeuhl) sounds very different than occidental but that's refreshing. I really don't know if Happy Family is zeuhl or fusion or whatever. They sound like an ... (read more)

Report this review (#39823) | Posted by progadicto | Tuesday, July 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A train wreck followed by an explosion, that is how I consider this bands music. This is probably the most insane and eccentric metal I have ever heard. Very complex and dynamic playing, this is TRUE PROG METAL that even I would reccomend( Espeicially to my misguided brothers). The sound value ... (read more)

Report this review (#36542) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of HAPPY FAMILY "Happy Family"