UNTUNE THE SKY

Trey Gunn Untune The Sky album cover

Buy TREY GUNN Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2003

1. Sozzle (4:41)
2. The Glove (Live) (5:03)
3. Killing For London (6:27)
4. The Third Star (Alternate Mix) (3:43)
5. Take This Wish (Alternate Mix) (6:42)
6. August, 1997 (1:38)
7. Rune Song (5:40)
8. Puttin' On The White Shirt (7:59)
9. Brief Encounter (5:50)
10. Arrakis (5:21)
11. The Cruelest Month (9:00)
12. The Gift (4:15)
13. Hootenanny At The Pink Pussycat Café (2:10)

Bonus DVD: Disc 2

- Pat Mastelotto / drums
- Bill Rieflin / drums
- Robert Fripp / organ guitar

CD Inside Out / Suburban IOMCD 145

and to silentman for the last updates

TREY GUNN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Dziban The Third Star , 1996

Buy TREY GUNN Untune The Sky Music

Modulator/Tu [10/20] by Trey Gunn (CD, Oct-2014, 2 Discs, Bat Country) US $19.94 Buy It Now 15h 28m
TREY GUNN - MODULATOR/TU - BC24151 US $27.59 Buy It Now 22h 35m
TREY GUNN king Crimson 2002 MEXICO TOUR press pass PROMO no LP LATIN AMERICA US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MORGAN AGREN HENRY KAISER AND TREY GUNN - INVISIBLE RAYS - 1211 US $19.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Gordian Knot self-titled 10-track CD sean malone trey gunn free US shipping! US $25.00 [0 bids]
One Thousand Years by Trey Gunn (CD, Jul-1994, Discipline) US $6.00 [0 bids]
Untune the Sky by Trey Gunn (CD & DVD GERMAN IMPORT) 2003 KING CRIMSON US $8.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Live Encounter by Trey Gunn (CD, Nov-2001, First World Records) US $4.50 Buy It Now 3 days
KING CRIMSON CD THE CONSTRUKCTION OF LIGHT ROBERT FRIPP ADRIAN BELEW TREY GUNN US $3.99 [0 bids]
DAVID RICE-Green Electric-TREY GUNN-Folk-SINGER-Songwriter-KATY,Tx-HARMONIUM-cd US $7.75 [0 bids]
Trey Gunn Music for Pictures CD NEW King Crimson 29 Trx US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
KING CRIMSON thrakattak JAPAN CD Trey Gunn Adrian Belew Robert Fripp Tony Levin US $24.09 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID RICE-Green Electric-TREY GUNN-Folk-SINGER-Songwriter-KATY,Tx-HARMONIUM-cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Ill Tell What I Saw Trey Gunn Audio CD US $42.62 Buy It Now 9 days
The Third Star by Trey Gunn (CD, Aug-1996, Discipline Global Mobile) US $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
TREY GUNN - ILL TELL WHAT I SAW * [5060230860831] - NEW CD US $17.46 Buy It Now 10 days
TREY GUNN - THE THIRD STAR [5060230861081] - NEW CD US $14.76 Buy It Now 10 days
TREY GUNN I'll Tell You What I Saw 1993-2010 36 track 2 CD SEALED US $15.65 Buy It Now 11 days
Third Star/I'll Tell What I Saw - 2 DISC SET - Trey Gunn (2014, CD New) US $17.69 Buy It Now 12 days
Modulator - Trey Gunn (2010, CD New) 5060230860398 US $16.77 Buy It Now 12 days
King Crimson 2 CD Space Groove Projekct Two Robert Fripp Adrian Belew Trey Gunn US $10.99 Buy It Now 12 days
PROJEKCT 2 King Crimson Japan Dbl CD Robert Fripp Trey Gunn Adrian Belew US $54.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Trey Gunn Band Live Encounter Japan CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Trey Gunn Band Live Encounter Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
TREY GUNN - I`LL TELL WHAT I SAW - HST043CD US $29.28 Buy It Now 12 days
TREY GUNN - MODULATOR - HST011CD US $22.17 Buy It Now 12 days
TREY GUNN - THE THIRD STAR - HST049CD US $18.84 Buy It Now 12 days
One Thousand Years by Trey Gunn (CD, Jul-1994, Discipline) US $14.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Trey Gunn Untune the Sky CD+DVD Pat Mastelotto Robert Fripp Dave Douglas US $17.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Trey Gunn - I'll Tell What I Saw (NEW CD) US $27.85 Buy It Now 13 days
I'll Tell What I Saw, Trey Gunn, Good US $19.62 Buy It Now 14 days
Third Star/I'll Tell What I Saw by Trey Gunn (CD, Sep-2014, 2 Discs, Bat US $20.04 Buy It Now 14 days
TREY GUNN - One Thousand Years - (1993 CD) - KING CRIMSON US $6.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Trey Gunn - Third Star/I'll Tell What I Saw [CD New] US $20.34 Buy It Now 16 days
INNA ZHELANNAYA Kokon (CD,2009,DIGIPAK) [feat. TREY GUNN] US $21.30 Buy It Now 16 days
Trey Gunn : 1000 Years CD (1994) US $12.95 Buy It Now 17 days
Trey Gunn - Modulator CD US $18.59 Buy It Now 17 days
The Devotees - Gimme Gimme W/John Popper Trey Gunn Vernon Reid US $7.25 Buy It Now 18 days
I'll Tell What I Saw by Trey Gunn (CD, Nov-2010, 2 Discs, 7D Media) US $19.30 Buy It Now 18 days
TREY GUNN - THE THIRD STAR/I`LL TELL WHAT I SAW - BC24149 US $27.59 Buy It Now 18 days
Trey Gunn - I'll Tell What I Saw [CD New] US $20.47 Buy It Now 18 days
Trey Gunn - I'll Tell What I Saw [CD New] US $22.19 Buy It Now 19 days
Trey Gunn - Third Star [CD New] US $14.46 Buy It Now 19 days
The Third Star by Trey Gunn (CD, Jun-2011, 7D Media) US $11.51 Buy It Now 19 days
Invisible Rays by Henry Kaiser/Trey Gunn/Morgan gren (CD, Nov-2011, 7D Media) US $13.18 Buy It Now 19 days
TREY GUNN - THE THIRD STAR [884501513579] - NEW CD US $18.03 Buy It Now 19 days
The Repercussions of Angelic Behavior by Robert Fripp/Trey Gunn/Bill Rieflin... US $11.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Trey Gunn, Raw Power: Surfacings, Vol. 1 Audio CD US $20.99 Buy It Now 19 days
The Trey Gunn Band, Live Encounter Audio CD US $21.89 Buy It Now 20 days
The Trey Gunn Band, The Joy of Molybdenum Audio CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Third Star - Trey Gunn New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 20 days
Trey Gunn : Untune the Sky: +DVD (2CDs) (2003) US $15.70 Buy It Now 21 days
Modulator - Trey Gunn New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 21 days
I'll Tell What I Saw - Trey Gunn New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $27.73 Buy It Now 22 days
TREY GUNN - ONE THOUSAND YEARS (CD 1993) BRAND NEW & FACTORY SEALED ! VERY RARE US $39.95 Buy It Now 23 days
TREY GUNN - THIRD STAR/I'LL TELL WHAT I SAW (UK) NEW CD US $28.39 Buy It Now 24 days
Robert Fripp Trey Gunn Bill Rieflin Repercussions of Angelic Behavior SEALED CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 25 days
Trey Gunn - The Third Star NEW CD US $18.95 Buy It Now 25 days
TREY GUNN - MUSIC FOR PICTURES [SLIMLINE] - NEW CD US $15.68 Buy It Now 27 days
Trey Gunn - Music For Pictures [CD New] US $12.97 Buy It Now 28 days
TREY GUNN - MUSIC FOR PICTURES NEW CD US $20.62 Buy It Now 28 days
TREY GUNN / MARCO MINNEMANN - MODULATOR NEW CD US $20.62 Buy It Now 28 days
TREY GUNN - THIRD STAR/I'LL TELL WHAT I SAW (5060230865126) - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.33 Buy It Now 28 days
TREY GUNN RAW POWER CD JEWEL CASE US $10.79 Buy It Now 28 days
Music for Pictures - Trey Gunn New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 29 days
SIGNED CD: Trey Gunn - One Thousand Years / Prog Warr Guitar Stick King Crimson US $34.95 Buy It Now 29 days
TREY GUNN - MODULATOR NEW CD US $21.33 Buy It Now 29 days
Trey Gunn - Untune the Sky (RARE CD & BONUS DVD 2003) KING CRIMSON ROBERT FRIPP US $42.38 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy TREY GUNN music online Buy TREY GUNN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TREY GUNN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TREY GUNN Untune The Sky ratings distribution

TREY GUNN Untune The Sky reviews

Review by Muzikman
5 stars "Untune The Sky" is a triumphant recording for renowned musician Trey GUNN. GUNN, known for his solo projects and work with KING CRIMSON, reaches another level on this solo recording. A masterpiece of this magnitude deserves a lot of contemplation and study if you are a perceptive and curious listener.

I was captivated with the CD and ended up playing it several times before finally popping the DVD in. It is not an easy task explaining what kind of music this is, it is in fact many different types of styles and genres all wrapped carefully into a homogenized progressive sound. GUNN is a multi-instrumentalist that uses a free form approach with his supporting cast. They create a remarkable blend of instrumental prog-rock and Middle Eastern jazz influenced sounds that have you shaking your head wondering what you just heard. It is very good music with many textures and flavors.

The DVD is just as interesting as the CD. The tracks indicated as multimedia (see track listing) are the most attention grabbing with magnificent colors and imagery set to mesmerizing sounds. GUNN uses the Chapman Stick and a double-necked guitar that he employs a unique touch style of playing. He coaxes some different and at times odd sounds out of his instruments, giving each song a unique resonance and atmosphere all its own.

The behind the scenes segments with the band members was very good as well, I particularly enjoyed the interview by guitar player Joe Mendleson with drummer/percussionist Bill Rieflin. Reiflin uses some intricate instruments that he explains in detail while setting up before a show. After listening to what he had to say, I had a better understanding of the complexity of the music I just heard.

This is an excellent two for one set, so do not miss it.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#32277) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
2 stars Trey is probably best-known as being a member of King Crimson for the last ten years, but as well as other bands he has also recorded six solo albums. This album is a retrospective of those albums, and features Trey on warr guitar, Chapman stick, vocals and Bob Muller (drums), Dave Douglas (trumpet), Tony Geballe (sax, guitar) and Joe Mendelson (guitar). The warr guitar is an instrument that Trey developed with Mark Warr and is a 10-string 'touch' guitar with the range of a piano. This gives him the opportunity to play music that a conventional guitar would not be able to cope with.

This is fusion music, and it is very clever. There is no doubt that Trey is a fine musician who knows exactly what he wants to achieve, but the only problem is that when experimenting with new forms and styles it can either be brilliant or can make the music very hard to listen to. No prizes for guessing which camp this falls into. I know that many people get a lot of pleasure in music that is challenging, but having struggled all the way through this album a couple of times I doubt that I will do so again.

Originally appeared in Feedback #78, April 2004

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#1002508) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 20, 2013

Post a review of TREY GUNN "Untune The Sky"