SKYWARD

Acuity Skyward album cover

Buy ACUITY Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Vector (5:28)
2. State of the Art Love Song (3:57)
3. Transcendence (Culture of Hospice) (14:42)
4. Milwaukee (21:58)
an essay on morbid hysteria
i Tick
vi That's Entertainment
vii Shit-Eating Grin
viii Titan
ix Olympus Rising/Denouement
5. Cul-de-sacs of Venus (4:22)
6. Voyager (17:21)
i Curvature
ii Skyward
iii Go Forth, Son of Mother Earth
iv Ever Weightless (Including The Cosmic Waltz)

Search ACUITY Skyward lyrics

Search ACUITY Skyward tabs

- Bradley Styes / all music & lyrics
- Matthew Parmenter / violin on 'Cul-de-Sacs of Venus'

CD Retrograde RR-0401 USA 2004

ACUITY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ACUITY Skyward Music

SkywardSkyward
CD Baby 2004
Skyward by Acuity [Music CD]Skyward by Acuity [Music CD]
CD Baby

More places to buy ACUITY music online Buy ACUITY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ACUITY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ACUITY Skyward ratings distribution

ACUITY Skyward reviews

Review by Dan Bobrowski
1 stars I've always appreciated gifts and like my mother always told me, "It's the thought that counts." Indeed, mother, I learned and I appreciated the thought. Many thanks to the friend who sent this disc to me.

Unfortunately, aside from a short violin solo by Matthew Parmenter that could have elevated this gift to two stars, I just can't get myself to rate it that high. Some albums would be better off as instrumental showcases, this is one. The singing is so cringe-wrothy as to make it completely unlistenable. Simon Cowell would have tossed the singer on his ear during the first audition. Maybe Mr Styes should have paid Matthew Parmenter to lend his voice to the production. I've tried to make my way through it numerous times, but my finger stabs at the eject button quicker than a liberal going for his wallet at a Clinton fundraiser.

The musician, Bradley Styes, is extremely talented on various keyboard instruments, bass, guitar and drums. The bass, nice Ric tone, cuts through the mix. Acoustic guitars ring sweetly on many tracks, a highlight I guess. The drumming is competent. Guitar leads have a metal edge but don't have any depth or creative impact. Mr. Styes is very talented, however, the music comes off as very derivative, sometimes campy in the use of the therimin. Directionless. The production is poor, at best, very muddy. Tweaking the EQ did little to improve the experience.

The lyrics are horrid. Check this out, "Can't sleep at night, Can't urinate right." Guffaw! Can you believe that line? There is plenty more like that as well. "I pray for my health in one hand and [&*!#] in the other." Egad. There are Jeffrey Dahmer inspired lyrics, a diatribe against media over-exposure. Silly robots and space explorer poems.

Maybe the next project will be better, he has loads of talent. A good producer could make this into something of a higher quality. Oh, yeah, hire a good vocalist or stick to instrumentals.

Spend your money elsewhere, but always be thankful for unexpected gifts.

Send comments to Dan Bobrowski (BETA) | Report this review (#32282) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 18, 2005

1 stars This is the kind of release that should never have seen the light. On the other hand, it allows you to better appreciate things that ARE well produced; you have a comparison point that makes you understand the difference between bad and good! OK, let's dissecate a bit this Acuity that doesn't ... (read more)

Report this review (#711570) | Posted by Music By Mail | Friday, April 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A new outfit based out of Detroit is showing progressive rock is alive and well today. While they don't explore any new ground(who does anymore?) they create some of the best progressive sounds that we epitimize the genre with today. The music here is complex, dark and sinister and all the whi ... (read more)

Report this review (#32281) | Posted by Greg W | Saturday, November 27, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ACUITY "Skyward"