FOLQUE

- Morten Bing / guitar, mandolin
- Eilif Amundsen / banjo, bass, guitar
- Trond Øverland / bass, piano

LP PACD 011

FOLQUE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FOLQUE Folque Music

MAI
Vinyl$175.00 (used)
Kjempene Pa DovrefjellKjempene Pa Dovrefjell
MSI:PANOR 2000

More places to buy FOLQUE music online Buy FOLQUE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FOLQUE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FOLQUE Folque ratings distribution

FOLQUE Folque reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Wow ! Although I did ask Max to include a bunch of Norwegian bands , I had not dared mentioned this one, because they play what I call downright folk music . Only their desire to make truthful folk might make this prog in the adventurous side of it. Almost entirely acoustic, this album is a bit the Norwegian equivalent of Kebnekaise (Sweden) or Malicorne (France) and one feels like some foot stomping and square dancing when listening to this. I have not heard the other albums but would like to thank my library to have this one in stock - that alone is quite a feat. Good female vocals sung in Norwegian.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#32771) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 07, 2004

4 stars This album has a lot of energy, reminding me a lot of the French band Malicorne. Folque is folk more in the "world music" sense rather than the "acoustic guitar" sense if you know what I mean. It feels like it's from a very long time ago rather than the 20th century. If you're tired of the average ... (read more)

Report this review (#230765) | Posted by Concentration Moon | Sunday, August 09, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Let me first say that I was in doubt whether to give it five or four stars, but I settled on four. A four plus! The song material on this one is great and the arrangements are good and sound fresh, not dated. It's not that experimental, but it's good solid folk-rock. The songs are sung in Norw ... (read more)

Report this review (#32772) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 14, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of FOLQUE "Folque"