TRINITY

Ekseption Trinity album cover

Buy EKSEPTION Music
Studio Album, released in 1973

1. Toccata (5:16)
2. The Peruvian Flute (traditional) (8:04)
3. Dreams (1:32)
4. Smile (2:53)
5. Lonely Chase (3:10)
6. Romance (3:30)
7. Improvisation (9:01)
8. Meddle (1:07)
9. Flight Of The Bumble Bee (3:22)
10. Finale III (2:50)

Search EKSEPTION Trinity lyrics

Search EKSEPTION Trinity tabs

- Rein van den Broek / trumpet, flugelhorn
- Jan Vennik / Soprano & Tenor saxophones, flute
- Cor Dekker / bass guitar
- Pieter Voogt / drums, percussion
- Rick van der Linden / piano, (pipe) organ, spinet, ARP2600, synthesizer, mellotron

Guests:
- Members of the Dutch Chamber Choir (on "Finale III")

LP Philips 6423056 (1973)

and to Snow Dog for the last updates

EKSEPTION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EKSEPTION Trinity Music

Ekseption - Trinity - Philips - 62 808Ekseption - Trinity - Philips - 62 808
Philips
Vinyl$15.48 (used)
Ekseption - Trinity - Philips - 6423 056 AEkseption - Trinity - Philips - 6423 056 A
Philips
Vinyl$27.44 (used)

More places to buy EKSEPTION music online Buy EKSEPTION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EKSEPTION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EKSEPTION Trinity ratings distribution

EKSEPTION Trinity reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars You should not miss this!

Ooops ..... I am surprised that there are very minimum number of reviews on this excellent album bu the Dutch's Ekseption. In fact I almost forgot not writing anything about an album that colored my teenage life. I remember vividly my big brother had a cassette version of this album and I was amazed with one track that I kept playing many times when it reached this one: Improvisation. As teenager I liked something unique pertinent to certain track. Imrovisation of course blew me away at first spin as this one really reminded me to the music of another Dutch: Focus especially during the opening part where it had dynamic flute-work. I though it was played by Thijs van Leer. I was wrong, it;s Jan Vennik. The flute is really dynamic supported by relatively fast tempo music with drums, bass and synthesizer. What follow is the part where it demonstrates bass guitar solo in a very stunning way and of course it's energetic. The duration of bass guitar solo is quite long and then it follows beautifully with jaw-dropping drum-work. Whooaaa......it's really great! The ending part is then concluded back with flute work. Overall, this track is truly a masterpiece one. Even, it's worth having this album even if you only love this track - in fact that was my case when I was teenager.

Fortunately, the album also offers other excellent tracks like "Toccata" (5:16) which has eerie organ work by Rick van der Linden. The following track is another excellent one demonstrating flute as the title implies: "The Peruvian Flute (traditional)" (8:04). The beauty of Ekseption music is the blend of all brass section, synthesizer, and flute work into one excellent composition. The other tracks are excellent as well : "Lonely Chase" (3:10) , "Romance" (3:30) and "Finale III" (2:50).

Overall, it's an excellent addition to progressive music collection that you should not miss. It offers instrumental music combining classical, pop and rock elements. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#869760) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 02, 2012

5 stars A long forgotten gem! I am very pleased that someone has paid attention to this album - again. By my standards, "Trinity" is my fave album of this band. Partly because of lesser focus on interpretation of classical pieces, thus allowing for more expression of individual talent. Some of you ... (read more)

Report this review (#955918) | Posted by BORA | Wednesday, May 08, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Trinity is Ekseption's sixth album which was made in 1973 by this dutch group I would consider symphonic rather than eclectic. I am surprised this record isn't rated higher because of it's elegance. I really like their adoption of classic music and making it into their own style. On this record p ... (read more)

Report this review (#955777) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, May 08, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Trinity is my only experience with Ekseption, and I was pretty pleased with it. The first track is Toccata, a very good classical cover piece, gotta love that organ. After that is the highlight, The Peruvian Flute. This song is an energetic, rollicking jazzy piece that uses the peruvian flute (su ... (read more)

Report this review (#272612) | Posted by Neurotarkus | Wednesday, March 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I doubted whether to give this album four stars or five stars, but I decided on four stars since the next album that Van der Linden would make with his new band Trace deserves that honour. Nevertheless, this truly is an excellent album which shows a fully matured Ekseption with its unique own ... (read more)

Report this review (#32844) | Posted by | Saturday, September 25, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EKSEPTION "Trinity"