THE SECRET OF OUR TIME

Buy SIENA ROOT Music
Studio Album, released in 2020

1. Final Stand (6:09)
2. Siren Song (3:50)
3. Organic Intelligence (3:37)
4. Mender (3:40)
5. In Your Head (4:31)
6. When a Fool Wears the Crown (4:08)
7. Daughter of the Mountains (5:20)
8. Have No Fear (5:26)
9. Imaginary Borders (6:13)

- Love 'Billy' Forsberg / percussion, vocals, oscillation effects

Label: Made in Germany Music
Format: Vinyl, CD, Digital
April 10, 2020

Thanks to mbzr48 for the addition
and to rivertree for the last updates

Buy SIENA ROOT The Secret of Our Time Music

More places to buy SIENA ROOT music online

SIENA ROOT The Secret of Our Time ratings distribution

SIENA ROOT The Secret of Our Time reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Since more than 15 years now SIENA ROOT from Sweden are standing for a blend of heavy rock and psychedelic with a strong prog affinity, this presented in a rather retrospective outfit. Bassist Sam Riffer und Love Forsberg (drums) are building the band's driving force during recent years. Well, I can say this album does not differ from the common orientation again. On this occasion they have added two female vocalists Zubaida Solid and Lisa Lystam to the fold. Soundwise rather resemblant both are serving a gentle atmosphere really. I solely have problems to distinguish between them. Also there is some indo/raga flair to state here and there, due to Stian Grimstad, who is guesting on the sitar.

And so the groovy Have No Fear appears to be my favourite song at the moment, very prog-ish, a lively bass, excellent organ and guitar interaction contributed by Erik Petersson and Matte Gustaffson. Well done! Nice vocals and playful instruments all around. Again the bluesy In Your Head shows some fine organ work later. A couple of compositions can convince me, some others like the opener Final Stand for example are serving a more mediocre impression. 'The Secret Of Our Time' does not reach for a sucker punch finally, nevertheless this is a proper retro rock album in any case.

4 stars Sienna Root is definitely one of the coolest bands around. From the 2003 album A New Day Dawning to their stellar A Dream Of Lasting Peace they delivered fantastic organ driven heavy prog. Their last effort The Secret of Our Time released in 2020, at first listen for me was not the best thing th ... (read more)

Report this review (#2479271) | Posted by prog_traveller!! | Monday, November 23, 2020 | Review Permanlink

2 stars You've heard the story before: a group of continental Europeans, overly nostalgic for that Anglo-American psychedelic and hard rock sound of the late 60's through early 70's, form a band and relentlessly pursue that highest form of flattery that is imitation. And boy do Siena Root excel at such ... (read more)

Report this review (#2403388) | Posted by ssmarcus | Tuesday, May 19, 2020 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SIENA ROOT "The Secret of Our Time"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.