ON TOUR

Alquin

Alquin On Tour album cover

Buy ALQUIN Music
Live, released in 1976

1. New Guinea sunrise (5:75)
a) Sunrise - 2:35
b) Wake me up - 3:40
2. L.A. rendez-vous (3:30)
3. The dance (15:30)
4. High rockin' (5:45)
5. Amy (4:20)
6. I wish I could (10:20)
7. Wheelchair groupie (3:35)

Search ALQUIN On Tour lyrics

- Michel van Dijk / vocals
- Jan Visser / bass
- Job Tarenskeen / drums, percussion & vocals

LP Polydor 2441 069
CD Polydor (1999) (together with Nobody Can Wait Forever and Best Kept Secret)

and to Agemo for the last updates

ALQUIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALQUIN On Tour Music

Alquin: Alquin On Tour [Vinyl]Alquin: Alquin On Tour [Vinyl]
Polydor
Vinyl$169.00 (used)

More places to buy ALQUIN music online Buy ALQUIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALQUIN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALQUIN On Tour ratings distribution

ALQUIN On Tour reviews

Review by friso
3 stars There was only one revies of this live album, so I dicided to write something about it. Alquin is a Dutch progressive/pop rock band. Their first two albums are great additions to your collection, their later work is not important for people who want to invest their money and time in progressive music, for their music became fully songbased and poppy.

On this live album we have an akward situation, for it falls precisely in between their progressive and their pop period. The fifteen minute lang suite The Dance is played like Alquin is a classic prog band, other songs like L.A. Randez Vous and Wheelchair Groupie and some other are popbased rocksongs with good vocals. One nice extra is the Amy - I Wish I could ten minute piece from their debut. So we have 25 minutes of prog and 25 minutes of rock.

The recording is very good, even better then their studiorecordings. I wonder whether this is an real live album or live in the studio, you almost never any for of a crowd.

Conclusion. Nice recording, well played. Not very important for the halve of this album is pop and the other halve is also available on other records. Good... but non-essential that is. Three stars!

3 stars When Alquin called it a day in the late seventies, they left us with a live album. The album contains tracks from all the previous albums. The two things that make this album really interesting is the inclusion of their best progressive tracks: I wish I could and The dance. Especially the perf ... (read more)

Report this review (#73658) | Posted by Agemo | Friday, March 31, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALQUIN "On Tour"