PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA

progressive rock music

Buy PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Preludio (0:50)
2. Fiori per Algernon (7:58)
3. Sospiri del fiore (3:32)
4. La dolce follia (5:11)
5. Agilmente (1:37)

- Tadashi Sugimoto / bass, cello, contrabass
- Megumi Tokuhisa / vocals
- Tomoki Ueno / organ, Mellotron

CD King/Crime 292E 2081

PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA Pazzo Fanfano di Musica Music

Pazzo Fanfano Di MusicaPazzo Fanfano Di Musica
Remastered · Import
King Japan 2013

More places to buy PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA music online Buy PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA Pazzo Fanfano di Musica ratings distribution

PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA Pazzo Fanfano di Musica reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
4 stars

FIRST REVIEW OF THIS ALBUM (after two non-review four star ratings)

In the late Eighties I discovered the awesome Japanese prog, first Gerard and Outer Limits, then bands like Pageant, Vienna, Cosmos Factory, Deja Vu and Ars Nova. This formation with the Italian inspired band name Pazzo Fanfano Di Musica is a kind of Japanese super progrock band featuring members from Outer Limits, Deja-Vu, Sirius, Teru's Symphonia and Mugen, impressive! The sound on this album is mainly based upon classical instruments like the violin, piano, guitar, flute and in some songs the distinctive harpsichord. I was carried away by a wonderful duet between a Steve Hackett-like acoustic guitar and flute and a swinging rhythm with piano and violin, it sounds like a blend of Outer Limits and Deja-Vu. Some tracks have a more dynamic climate featuring the ubiquitous Mellotron, organ and biting electric guitar. This is unique prog, recommended to all prog fans who appreciate classical music. Another four star rating, this time accompanied with a review, as it should be here on Prog Archives!

This is my review # 1000, I would like to dedicate it to the amazing and exciting Japanese progrock that has given me so many great moments, often loaded with The Mighty Tron!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#126811) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
5 stars The first time I heard about PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA, I expected another Italian one hit wonder PFM clones, so when discovered in Prog Archives it was a Japanese band, my surprise was huge because even when the RPI influence in Japan bands is important, it's not the main element, so this should be interest

But this wasn't all, checking the credits I discovered names as Megumi Tokuhisa and Motoi Sakuraba (TERU'S SYMPHONIA and in the case of Megumi also MAGDALENA) ; Katsuhiko Hayash (MUGEN; Tomoki Ueno (MARGE LITCH, Deja Vu); etc. This was impressive, not only because we are talking about a Japanese super-group, but also because this guys were playing with two organs, two pianos and a Mellotron simultaneously in some parts of the album...This was a revelation, I had to own a copy of Pazzo Fanfano di Musica, so bought it immediately and must admit I'm addicted to it.

Normally Japanese bands take a bit of RPI, some 70's Symphonic, a bit of Jazz and lots of AOR, but PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA took elements from PFM and BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO, blended them with Baroque violin and Harpsichord"a la Vivaldi", added some pastoral flute with lyrics in Japanese and created a delicate fantasy without any trace of AOR that left me speechless...Why did I never heard about this album?

The record is opened by Prelude, a nice guitar (sounding like lute) intro that places the listener into Medieval territory announcing that this album will be something special and a great introduction for the extremely beautiful Fiori Per Algernon (Flowers for Algernon). Based in the short story and subsequent novel by Daniel Keyes.

This song is clearly dominated by the magic violin of Takashi Kawaguchi (OUTER LIMITS), first sweet and nostalgic, but as the song advances, the interplay with piano, percussion and vocals becomes haunting and extremely complex, with some Avant Garde touches. But what impressed me more are the vocals, because Megumi Tokuhisa's voice is extremely acute (Like in anime music), to the point that in some passages is almost painful, but in this album she controls the range making a sweet interpretation (first time i don't care for the lyrics in Japanese, she's so expressive, that i don't need to understand the words). A wonderful song that has everything a Proghead could expect.

Sospiri del Fiore (Sighs of the Flower) is a sweet pastoral song now dominated by the flute of Kazuhiro Miyatake (PAGEANT & MR SIRIOUS) and the acoustic guitar of Takashi Aramaki (Outer Limits) that takes us to Medieval territory, this track flows gently from start to end as a reliever between two powerful songs.

La Dolce Follia (The Sweet Madness) is simply breathtaking, from start to end keeps the listener at the edge of the seat, the once soft violin jumps from melodic and clean to frenetic and aggressive, this is pure Prog Rock in the vein of King Crimson, at least until the piano enters and leads to a weird baroque choir with a magnificent Hammond display, really a weird but passionate song.

As usual, after a strong song PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA relaxes the audience with Agilmente (Gracefully), a beautiful Baroque inte4rlude in the vein of Vivaldi, now performed by violin and harpsichord, followed by the even softer guitar based Intermezzo I .

Affetuoso (Affectionate), is a nostalgic song with a breathtaking violin, but despite the beauty, what amazed me more were the vocals, being that Megumi Tokuhisa offers one of the weirdest performance, seems like a Baroque Orchestra and vocals sung in Japanese, absolutely mind-blowing that works better because it's followed by Fragoroso, a pure Prog track with frenetic rhythm where the drummer Nobuyuku Sakurai works as a human metronome, perfectly supported by Tadashi Sugimoto in the bass (both from OUTER LIMITS), of course before the song ends we have several radical changes, plus excellent violin and piano passages that improve the listening experience even more.

After Intermezzo II that brings a bit of Japanese experience comes the formal and dramatic Onde (In order to), where the interplay between violin and piano gave me goosebumps, extremely beautiful.

The album ends with the 10:35 minutes mini epic Anniversario and the turn of Megumi Tokuhisa to take us through a mystical voyage, everything is calmed and soft until the seventh minute where the full bands enters into unexplored territory hitting us with everything they have and the most spectacular Hammond performance, a brilliant ending for a brilliant album.

After writing this review is clear that I consider this album a flawless masterpiece without any weak moment and gives us the chance to listen one of the very few (if not the only one) Japanese super-group that worked perfectly. So I will rate it with 5 solid stars that I give without hesitation.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#744246) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012

5 stars Pazzo Fanfano di Musica is a very strange and unique record. It was made 1989 and sounds like NOTHING in the eighties. This extraordinary music would perhaps show up 1973 but 1989? Yes, this music was made 1989. In England? Italy? No totally wrong but in Japan, a prog land totally new for me. ... (read more)

Report this review (#1056497) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Tuesday, October 08, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Maybe a premature review. After read BrufordFreak previous review about this supergroup called Pazzo Fanfano di Musica, I promptly tried the whole album, and I'm listening to it until now. After a good time, I found a different symphonic prog album that sounds so sweet. RPI from Japan. That's ... (read more)

Report this review (#1053556) | Posted by VOTOMS | Friday, October 04, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I've finally been able to hear this amazing album for the first time and I am BLOWN AWAY! The medieval/Renaissance-influenced music I have been craving! It doesn't get better than this, folks. It is all the best of 70s RPI (especially BANCO, LE ORME and even PFM) combined with the pastoral sou ... (read more)

Report this review (#1052421) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Thursday, October 03, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Now that I have given a few complete listens to this album, I consider myself incredibly lucky because I found this gem some time ago by pure randomness, without any recommendation whatsoever. And what a magical piece of music it turned out to be! This album is a top notch mixture of classical ... (read more)

Report this review (#132177) | Posted by taylanbil | Tuesday, August 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PAZZO FANFANO DI MUSICA "Pazzo Fanfano di Musica"