LE TRÉSOR DE VALLIESRES

Versailles

Versailles Le Trésor de Valliesres album cover

Buy VERSAILLES Music
Studio Album, released in 1994

1. Le Serment des Damnes (12:08)
2. Exquise Betise (3:38)
3. Une Saint Barthelemy Devote (20:28)
4. Viendra L'heure (2:52)
5. Jadis (2:50)
6. Degenerescence Obsessionnelle (13:28)
7. Avec Tous Mes Hommages (3:21)
8. Le Tresor des Valliesres (7:26)

Search VERSAILLES Le Trésor de Valliesres lyrics

Search VERSAILLES Le Trésor de Valliesres tabs

- Guillaume de la Piliere / vocals, guitar, flute
- Benoit de Gency / drums, chorus
- Olivier de Gency / bass, chorus
- Alain de Lille / keyboards, chorus

CD Musea-FGBG4103.AR-Fra-1994

VERSAILLES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VERSAILLES Le Trésor de Valliesres Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Versailles - Holy Grail (CD+DVD+BOOK) [Japan LTD CD] WPZL-30302Versailles - Holy Grail (CD+DVD+BOOK) [Japan LTD CD] WPZL-30302
Warner Japan
JUBILEE(regular ed.)JUBILEE(regular ed.)
WARNER MUSIC JAPAN
LYRICAL SYMPATHY(regular ed.)LYRICAL SYMPATHY(regular ed.)
INDIE (JAPAN)
HOLY GRAIL(regular ed.)HOLY GRAIL(regular ed.)
Warner Japan
VersaillesVersailles
Wea Japan 2012

More places to buy VERSAILLES music online Buy VERSAILLES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VERSAILLES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VERSAILLES Le Trésor de Valliesres ratings distribution

VERSAILLES Le Trésor de Valliesres reviews

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars The cover from this third album by French progrock band Versailles is almost worth to make a review about it..... Ok, now you have taken an (extensive?) look at that artistic blend of sex and humour, let's conclude that Freud is right and go back to the music. The first time I listened to Versailles I was blown away by their very distinctive sound: a captivating mix of rock, symphonic and psychedelia featuring great, often fiery electric guitar work, pleasant flute play, bombastic vintage keyboards, dramatic, a bit theatrical French vocals and a dynamic rhythm-section. The shifting moods are frequent and the Mellotron is omnipresent, what a joy! The short song Jadis is a maverick delivering Spanish inspired acoustic guitar. Versailles doesn't make very accessible progrock but to me they sound as another unique and captivating French progrock band, SUPERBE!

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#73683) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 31, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
5 stars "Versailles" is one of the many unknown band featured on PA. Before mine, there is only one review with a comment (the only ones which count IMO). From Erik, the symph guru.

I guess that most of the progheads prefer to describe some Genesis, Yes, Tull etc. great album over and over than to discover some brilliant bands. Of course, "Versailles" did not choose for the easiest task. Singing into French has NEVER been a plus. Especially on this site. It sounds as the language barrier has always have been a problem. And this is really a shame.

Some exceptions for the Italian symph style. But that's it. I really feel sorry for so many great French truely prog bands that are just not recognized as such.

"Versailles" second album was a great prog album and this one holds maybe one of the greatest epic ever written (well, let's not be too over-enthusiastic, maybe one of the top thirty one...). But before this epic, the listener will already go through a fantastic voyage. Musically with the opening track "Le Serment des Damnés" and lyrically with the short "Exquise Bętise" (fantastic texts, really).

Now, "Une Saint Barthelemy Dévote". A magnificent piece of music. Wonderful and quiet intro. It makes reference to one of the darkest period of the French history (the "Saint Bartelemy" period - a religious massacre). Of course, it has some "Supper's Ready" moments. But don't you like these ???

Keyboards are grandiose, hypnotic chorus, "vitriolesque" lyrics, fabulous guitar work. Can't you cope with this ? Do you really want more ? This epic song is so brilliant, so inspired, so wonderfully played that I just can say one thing : give it an attentive ear. You will be so pleased to have done so. No doubt about that.

It is a five star track : no discussion about this. Well, actually, I hate to be so vindicative. But I just can recommend you to have a listen. I bet you : you won't be disappointed. Some spacey moments fully Floydian will transport you to the other side of the ...). A great, great song.

A gentle acoustic track ("Horizon's" & "Mood For A Day" like) will lead us to another beautiful prog moment : "Dégénerescence Obsessionnelle". Another long and gorgeous song ( over thirteen minutes). An incredible opening : outstanding guitar work, spacey keyboards. All of this during a superb intro (four minutes long). Some inspired lyrics, and here we go for a very much "ASOS" oriented song.

Brilliant symphonic and space-rock with great lyrics is a cocktail I like very much. If you also add some very nice flute solo instants, you might imagine that I am just stunned with this number as well. Finale is very much Genesis oriented ("Watcher"). BEAUTIFUL my dear prog friends.

"Avec Tous Mes Hommages" holds absolutely irreverent / vulgar / obscene lyrics (but how much I like these...). This song is the most "The Knife" oriented one that I have ever heard. Almost a cover, musically. A bit too short, unfortunately.

The closing and title track opens on a fully spacey mood (but this already has been noticed on this great album).

Once in a while I do upgrade an album. The very much inacurrate rating sytem available on PA (twenty per cent increment between each grade) makes it very difficult to decide whether or not an album deserves more than the four star rating. This one deserves nine out of ten. Since I am rather scarce (ten per cent of my reviews end up with five stars) I will just rate this album with five stars. I will downgrade it with four and a half or nine out of ten when available.

This is a great album. Have a try and review it, please !

Great musicianship, original songwriting, complex yet accessible (?) music, good lyrics. These ingredients are the ones you can find in this amazing album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#139556) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 21, 2007

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Third album from 1994 issued at same Musea records , Le tresor de Valliesres is another great album from Versailles. Again long pieces with one monster track - Une Saint Barthelemy Devote - 21 min of high class prog, killer arrangements. Keeping same attitude like on previous album, Versailles realy make some almost perfect parts, singing in french language is not something I don't like, I really appreciate it and gives a special atmosphere overall. The cover art is an intristing one, haha, great, showing what lyrics are inside. Moody atmosphere, melodic guitras melded perfectly with keyboards, a very solid vocal arrangements, what else another true great album from this unknown french band. An inspired album from all sides that needs attention for sure. 4 stars again, worth every second. Again is not a very easy album to listen , it may needed more then 3-4 listnings to fully appreciated what is here, because after the listner capture all the magic is inside is hard not to be impressed.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#625877) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 04, 2012

Post a review of VERSAILLES "Le Trésor de Valliesres"