MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
Audio CD$4.98 (used)

BENNY GOLSON,CURTIS FULLER CALIFORNIA MESSAGE BAYSTATE RJL-8013 Japan OBI LP USD $9.50 [7 bids]
BENNY GOLSON,CURTIS FULLER CALIFORNIA MESSAGE BAYSTATE RJL-8013 Japan OBI LP USD $4.28 [3 bids]
HANK MOBLEY MOBLEY'S MESSAGE PRESTIGE PRLP 7061 Japan OBI Vinyl LP USD $20.50 [9 bids]
A Message from The Meters: The Complete Josie, Reprise & Warner Bros. Singles 19 USD $30.05 Buy It Now
VINYL LP - BEE GEES - GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU - 2870 404 USD $12.16 Buy It Now
4HIM Christian Group LOT OF 3 CDs The Ride + The Message + Christmas The Season USD $9.99 Buy It Now
World Wide Message Tribe : Revived CD USD $3.02 Buy It Now
REDBONE-MESSAGE FROM A DRUM-'71 Blues Rock-NEW LP MUSIC ON VINYL USD $27.00 Buy It Now
RANDY RANDOLPH I'm Gettin' Your Message Baby Orig. RCA Label 45 vg+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now
BEE GEES Gotta Get A Message To You LP 1974 Disco Funk EXCELLENT VINYL!! USD $4.05 [0 bids]
CFP 40298 - MESSAGER - The Two Pigeons MACKERRAS Royal Opera - Ex Con LP Record USD $8.12 Buy It Now
Jonathan Finlayson - Moment & the Message [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $15.14 Buy It Now
Tony Thomas ?- Morph / The Message Movim ?- MOV 010 NEW VINYL 12" USD $4.75 Buy It Now
Yoko Ono An Xmas Message From Yoko USA Promo CD Single USD $29.99 Buy It Now
Message In A Bottle: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture, Yared, Gabri USD $5.98 Buy It Now
2 x 12": S.B. Project - The Message EP - Cosmic Records - COS004x USD $18.45 Buy It Now
Andrea, Andrea Tribi - Introducing Andrea Melodious Message [New CD] USD $11.03 Buy It Now
THE BEE GEES, I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU / KITTY CAN. 1968 POLYDOR SINGLE USD $1.34 [0 bids]
Gotta Get a Message to You: Tribute to the Bee Gees, Various, Very Good USD $2.56 Buy It Now
Woburn House - Message To Ourselves Outside The Dreaming Machine CD USD $4.05 [0 bids]
ADAM CLAYTON POWELL Keep the Faith Baby 1967 LP Jubilee *Message to the World" USD $6.99 Buy It Now
The Police, Message in bottle 7inch USD $2.03 [0 bids]
Peace : Christmas Message CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now
J.R. MONTEROSE-THE MESSAGE-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 USD $25.50 Buy It Now
Club Nouveau Listen to Message 1988 Warner Bros Sealed LP R&B SWING No Cutouts USD $10.00 Buy It Now
De Gennaro, Antony : Message Service CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now
Moment and the Message [Digipak] by Jonathan Finlayson & Sicilian... USD $12.22 Buy It Now
Various Artists : Christmas Message CD (1994) USD $3.46 Buy It Now
Unknown Artist : Music With A Message CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now
The Message Uni Versa CD (2007) USD $5.47 Buy It Now
Electronic- get the message 7" vinyl record clock gift birthday xmas USD $14.87 Buy It Now
NEW - The Hidden Message by Da Vinci Vox USD $5.95 Buy It Now
Richard Groove Holmes - Soul Message Vinyl LP - Prestige - P 7435 - Soul Jazz USD $10.72 Buy It Now
WORLD PARTY. MESSAGE IN THE BOX. CD SINGLE USD $1.89 [0 bids]
Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age [PA] by Public Enemy CD 1994 Def Jam USA USD $9.95 Buy It Now
World Wide Message Tribe : Take a Long Hike CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Messager - Véronique / Ohio Light Opera [Box Set] USD $13.51 Buy It Now 20s
Messager - Fortunio / Alliot-Lugaz . Dran . Cachemaille . Trempont [Box Set] USD $22.31 Buy It Now 20s
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen To The Message LP OOP late-80's dance-pop King Jay Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6m 10s
Leo Johnson-Message To Mankind CD NEW USD $18.29 Buy It Now 9m 58s
FIGHTSTAR---I AM THE MESSAGE, CD SINGLE PROMO USD $0.26 [0 bids]
20m 11s
Greg Strange : Ive Got A Message For You CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 30m 59s
The Message - The Roots Of Rap : Various Artists (2008) - CD USD $1.34 [0 bids]
40m 14s
Unable to Leave Message on a Delicate Matter by Wintermittens (CD Dec-1997 Bent) USD $3.97 Buy It Now 46m 48s
The Lucy Show LP 12" single New Message 1987 Big Time records USD $10.95 Buy It Now 48m 6s
THE POLICE - EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE & MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE UK 7" SINGLES VGC USD $2.69 [0 bids]
52m 3s
Raw B : Message in a Bottle CD USD $4.49 Buy It Now 56m 22s
Quichua Mashis : Message From Home CD USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1h
Guns N Roses SLASH Personal Message DJ PROMO Tape cassette Velvet Revolver n' USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Gabriel's Message: Christmas Suite for Piano (CD, Dec-2000, Lieber-Herskowitz) USD $5.93 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Arthur Baker Featuring Al Green - The Message Is Love - Vinyl 12'' Single Record USD $6.09 [0 bids]
MFSB - Love Is The Message LP - Philadelphia International SEALED USD $15.29 [6 bids]
CASSETTE SINGLE - ELECTRONIC GET THE MESSAGE - EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $4.73 [0 bids]
AUGUSTUS PABLO EAST OF THE RIVER NILE(1981)MESSAGE VINYL L.P. USD $20.28 [0 bids]
IDLEWILD - I'm A Message: The Sessions EP (UK 3 Tk CD Single Pt 2) USD $9.46 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Bell, James : Message to the World CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
GRANDMASTER FLASH The Message SUGARHILL LP SEALED USD $33.00 [11 bids]
CHI COLTRANE The Message LP Teldec Rec 6.26311 GM 1986 VG++ SIGNED 5B USD $39.98 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Lovelace Watkins LP - Personal Message & Signature - 2 x LP USD $40.59 [0 bids]
Childrens Day A Message To Pretty LP NM VDK5003 1986 Signed by all three USD $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
ARTHUR BAKER AND THE BACKBEAT DISCIPLES -THE MESSAGE IS LOVE[CUPID MIX] (A USD $2.71 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Message in the Hat by Eddie Griffin, CD (1993 Sony Music) Very Good Condition CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
KENNY ROGERS PROMO FAN CLUB 7" RECORD *RARE* 33 1/3 7" LISTEN Personal Message USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Unknown Artist : Message Of A Dream Traveler CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Unknown Artist : Mixed Message CD USD $4.28 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Various Artists-Blues With a Message CD NEW USD $16.70 Buy It Now 1h 59m
VISQUEEN - Message to Garcia [Digipak] - CD, July 2010, Local 638 Records USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $4.99 Buy It Now
2h
Unknown Artist : Message of the Cross CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h
7'' Single Rock - The Police - Message in a bottle - AMS 7474 USD $5.40 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Toronto Childrens Concert Choir : Our Message CD USD $4.59 Buy It Now 2h 6m
MESSAGE "From Books And Dreams" Kraut Rock Prog Psych Re-issue Sealed USD $36.95 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Message - The Roots of Rap - Various (CD) USD $3.38 [0 bids]
The Loundstroms - On The Bright Side - Message ML-7501-LP - FAST SHIPPING!! USD $15.26 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Soul Lp The O'Jays Message In The Music On Philadelphia International USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
REDBONE ~ MESSAGE FROM A DRUM VINYL RECORD LP / NATIVE ~ NIJI TRANCE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Soul Lp Mfsb Love Is The Message On Philadelphia International USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
The Jeff Lynne Years 1968 - 73 Message From The Country cd 1989 Near Mint Rare USD $67.63 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Minaya, Max Dread : Message From De Heart CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Message From the Country, MOVE, Acceptable USD $23.95 Buy It Now 2h 25m
?FRSP?BENNY GOLSON?CALIFORNIA MESSAGE?JAPAN RARE SAMPLE OOP SHM-CD NM?BVCJ-34439 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Misia : Love Is the Message CD (2001) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Soul Sealed Lp Nicholas Words Can'T Express On Message USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
CHILDRENS DAY A Message To Pretty LP Vodka Label VDK-5003 US 1986 VG++ Signed 2E USD $15.98 Buy It Now 2h 43m
THE MOVE Message From Country TOCP-6795 CD JAPAN 1991 OBI USD $67.72 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Redbone - Message From A Drum NM LP 1971 Psych Epic KE 30815 LISTEN NOW USD $27.95 Buy It Now 2h 50m
DIONNE WARWICK 45 Message To Michael / Here Where There Is Love - NM USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Gardner, Julia Ann : Message CD USD $4.91 Buy It Now 2h 59m
NEW Message at the Depth (Vinyl) USD $48.63 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Unknown Artist : 2012 the Hidden Message CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Soul 45 The O'Jays - Message In Our Music / She'S Only A Woman On Philadelphia 2 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 23m
L. J. REYNOLDS - You Can Make It & So Good & Spoken Message - CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
LFO Love Is The Message/Tan Ta Ra 12" EP USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Various Artists : Anthologie André Messager CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Unknown Artist : Message Sent: Meditations for Retrieving CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
NICE DEVICE Love Is The Message/Divine Miss D - 1993 EU Maxi-CD - Hip House RARE USD $2.03 Buy It Now 3h 34m
MESSENGER BRINGIN.THE MESSAGE Records. USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 39m
The Move - Message From the Country - New 180g Vinyl LP + MP3 USD $28.40 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Pretenders - Message Of Love 7" - ARE15 - Ex USD $4.40 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Unknown Artist : Sweet Mysteries: A Message of Hope CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
(FX425) Da Vinci Vox, The Hidden message - 2006 CD USD $6.75 Buy It Now 3h 58m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"