MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

The Art of BlakeyThe Art of Blakey
Evidence 1995
Dawn Anew Is ComingDawn Anew Is Coming
Imports 2007
Post Mortem Message From the Dead CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 44m 32s
45 Record on Jewel Label, Violinaires, Message to my Friends/Take Time To Pray US $9.99 Buy It Now 52m 8s
THE O'JAYS Message In The Music LP EX! PIR 1976 US $14.39 Buy It Now 54m 37s
Message from Beat Street: The Best of Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel...NEW CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h
ARTHUR BAKER & the Backbeat Disciples - LOVE IS THE MESSAGE - 12" Vinyl 1989 EX+ US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Freddy Fender - Living It Down / Take Her A Message! I'm Lonely 7" 45 - ABC Dot US $2.70 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Brooklyn Express Love Is The Message Hollywood Party One Way 12" 33 Record DISCO US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
## NEAR MINT ## INXS - I SEND A MESSAGE 12 ROCK PROMO 1984 REMIX / LP VERSIONS US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Darque Fonque CD Vol. 2 sealed new Q Burns Abstract Message Dance electronica US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE LUNDSTROMS LP DOWN HOME FEELING 1979 SEALED MESSAGE US $24.00 [0 bids]
LIONEL & LESLIE - MESSAGE BY ANGEL NEW CD US $17.94 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Whatnauts - Message From A Blackman CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Mfsb - Best Of Mfsb: Love Is The Message CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 3h 19m
PRETENDERS-II-LP-VINYL-IMP-AUSTRALIA-CHRISSIE HYNDE-MESSAGE OF LOVE-RARE! US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
The Bee Gees(Vinyl LP)I've Gotta Get A Message To You-UK-CN 2028-Contour-Ex/NM US $15.32 Buy It Now 3h 55m
New Regular Edition 2010 message Sakura Gakuin 1st Album Japan US $42.72 [0 bids]
Message NM 1975 US $99.00 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Vasks - Message (2005) - Used - Audio Compact Disc US $11.96 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Zz/Various Artists - Got To Get A Message To You (R (2009) - Used - Compact US $3.90 Buy It Now 5h 57m
B*WITCHED To You I Belong CD 3 Tracks Inc Fly Away+B*Witched'S Message To Santa US $5.54 Buy It Now 6h 7m
BOYZONE Picture Of You CD 3 Tracks Inc Let The Message Run Free+Words-Spanglish US $5.54 Buy It Now 6h 28m
CD DOO WOP CLASSICS MESSAGE OF LOVE ORBITS SOLITAIRES US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 30m
(M907) T-Factory, Message in a Bottle - DJ CD US $3.32 Buy It Now 6h 33m
RAY CHARLES A MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE EXYUGO LP N/MINT US $28.69 Buy It Now 6h 47m
The Police - Reggatta de Blanc, A&M AMLH-64792 Ex Condition, Message In A Bottle US $13.62 Buy It Now 7h 5m
ECONOLINE Breakfast Of Champions CD 3 Tracks Inc Dropper+No Message Attached US $5.54 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Message from home US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
THE EVERLY BROTHERS -Take A Message To Mary / Let It Be Me - 45RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
LP - GERMANY PRESS- THE MOVE (MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY)-1971- HARVEST 062 04 785 US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 20m
WOW! 1st Message by W-inds (CD 2001) Super RARE! Japan! US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 39m
Q-Burns Abstract Message- Feng Shui- CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 8h 57m
VG+ 12"~COLONEL ABRAMS~Music Is The Answer~[6:40]~Dub~[6:24]~Leave The Message~ US $4.49 [0 bids]
NM 12"~CONSOLIDATED~Message To The People~[Extended~6:00]~Main~Sample This~[WLP] US $4.49 [0 bids]
NATE JAMES The Message CD 2 Tracks Inc Get This Right US $5.54 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE OEUVRE CD PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY US $0.99 [0 bids]
ROBERT MILES Fable CD 7 Tracks, Dream Radio/Dream Version/Message Radio/Message US $5.54 Buy It Now 9h 43m
?OST UCHU KARANO MESSAGE LP w/OBI JAPAN Space Movie Jazz Funk Breaks LISTEN MP3 US $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Love Is the Message: The Best of MFSB by MFSB (CD, Legacy/Epic associated) US $2.99 [0 bids]
10h
The Pretenders(7" Vinyl P/S)Message Of Love-Real-ARE 15-UK-VG/VG US $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
STUNT NUTS FEAT MELLE MEL The Message CD 3 Tracks, 12 Inch Orig/Judge Jules Rem US $6.39 Buy It Now 10h 18m
The Soldiers with Robin Gibb-I've Gotta Get A Message To You (The Official Poppy US $5.08 Buy It Now 10h 27m
book -- I SPY -- Message from Moscow -- 1966 hard cover issue US $6.00 [0 bids]
UNION KID The Test CD 3 Tracks Inc Track & Field+Get This Message Back To Base US $5.54 Buy It Now 10h 40m
UNIVERSAL Rock Me Good CD With Postcards, 2 Tracks Inc Personal Message US $5.54 Buy It Now 10h 40m
PATMOS A MESSAGE TO MANKIND SUPER RARE STILL SEALED LP RECORD US $119.99 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Ralph Harrison Mint Country Promo 45(1972)-California Bloodlines/The Message US $25.00 Buy It Now 10h 46m
RARE THE SONS OF TRUTH A MESSAGE FROM THE GHETTO LP DJ COPY NM 1972 US $15.99 [0 bids]
WORLD PARTY Message In The Box CD 4 Tracks Inc You'Re All Invited To The Party/ US $7.24 Buy It Now 10h 50m
New CD Christian The Message Psalms US $7.64 Buy It Now 11h 20m
LESTER YOUNG**LE DERNIER MESSAGE (180 GRAM)**VINYL US $41.95 Buy It Now 11h 22m
RARE PRIVATE ROCK 45 - ALAN REDSTONE - MAGIC MESSAGE - SURE SHOT (1983) US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Message US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 49m
2 MFSB Lp's: Love Is The Message & Philadelphia Freedom L@@K!. US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 4m
MFSB ?- Love Is The Message Cassette 1973 TSOP DISCO US $12.97 Buy It Now 12h 7m
KOOL AND THE GANG Music Is The Message DELITE RECORDS Sealed Vinyl LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 12h 19m
- The Message (Hip Hop Party Classic.16 TRACK CD 2011 US $8.50 Buy It Now 12h 26m
The Everly Brothers 45 Bye Bye Love/Take A Message To Mary Eric Records #257 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 27m
BEE GEES I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU ENGLISH IMPORT ON CONTOUR #CN 2028 US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Richard Holmes - Soul Message LP - Prestige - Jazz US $8.11 [0 bids]
NOS MEN WITHOUT HATS ..... I GOT THE MESSAGE US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 35m
ILLINOIS JACQUET - THE MESSAGE WITH KENNY BURRELL / ARGO LP 722 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Message-The Dawn Anew is Coming German prog psych cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Ferguson,Maynard - Message From Birdland [CD New] US $9.48 Buy It Now 12h 53m
Senators- Christmas Message/ Skip's/ Reggae 7" US $11.91 Buy It Now 13h 5m
WORLD PARTY - Message In The Box - 12" Single PS US $6.80 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Richard Groove Holmes Soul Message Prestige Jazz Blues US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 26m
EVERLY BROTHERS TAKE A MESSAGE / POOR JENNY london 8863 tri centre US $19.60 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Hank Mobley Quintet MOBLEY'S SECOND MESSAGE Kenny Dorham 2nd New Sealed Vinyl LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 13h 42m
THE O'JAYS "MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC" US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Redbone Message from a Drum 1B 1st Epic Press, CLEAN, Excellent US $5.99 [0 bids]
BOP IN BRITAIN, VOL. 2: GETTIN' THE MESSAGE - NEW CD US $11.72 Buy It Now 13h 48m
Pretenders-message of love.7" US $6.82 Buy It Now 13h 49m
EVIL EVIL'S MESSAGE CLASSIC EURO POWER DOOM METAL/NWOBHM ORIGINALRAVE ON LABEL US $42.99 [0 bids]
REGGAE ANTHOLOGY - Message from the Meditations US $9.99 [1 bids]
The O'Jays - Message In Our Music 7" 45 RPM Philadelphia International 1976 US $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 52m
RICHARD GROOVE HOLMES "SOUL MESSAGE" LP IN SHRINK WRAP US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 53m
Devils Rats and Piggies - a Special Message from Godzilla (QS66CD) THE MEKONS CD US $39.76 Buy It Now 13h 53m
MFSB - Love is the Message US $9.99 [0 bids]
REDBONE: Message From A Drum LP (orange lbl, gatefold cover, cut corner, sl cw) US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Message [Analog] Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five LP Record US $61.42 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Northern Soul~R&B~Troy Marrs & The Dynamics-Rhythm Message PT. 1 45 Sure-Shot US $50.00 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Mitchell Ruff Trio After The Message vinyl LP 1966 Atlantic Records EX mono US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 10m
Rock 45 The Everly Brothers - Poor Jenny / Take A Message To Mary On Cadence US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Rock 45 The Bee Gees - I'Ve Gotta A Message To You / Kitty Can On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 23m
A Message for You [EP] [EP] by Minus.Driver (CD, Jul-2003, Universal Distribu... US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Audio plastic Ltd UK Harry Taylor Studio Girl Hollywood A personal message ... US $8.50 [0 bids]
RASHEDA~AUGUSTUS PABLO Each One Teach One ORIGINAL MESSAGE~DIGITAL ROOTS LISTEN US $19.95 Buy It Now 15h 11m
THE BEE GEES "IVE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU / KITTY CAN" RARE BIEM AUSTRIAN 7" US $35.00 Buy It Now 15h 15m
THE O'JAYS - MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC/TRAVELIN' AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT - NEW CD US $12.07 Buy It Now 16h 7m
45 RECORD ROGER HALLMARK: A MESSAGE TO KHOMEINI, MAHARISHI US $2.23 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Muskingum College Jan. 1966 Personal Message Record Harry Manely US $29.95 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Jimi Hendrix " IZABELLA " b/w Message To The Universe ULTRA RARE White Vinyl 45 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Vintage LP 33 Record THE O'JAYS: MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC US $15.99 Buy It Now 16h 40m
Trans-X 12" Single Message On The Radio PROMO COPY Mirage Records 1984 US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 42m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY - THE EVERLY BROTHERS - 8863 US $11.91 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Message The Dawn Anew Is Coming Psych Prog US $8.99 [0 bids]
Dick Garcia Message From Garcia DAWN DLP 1106 US $12.99 [0 bids]
17h
EYEHATEGOD "Preaching the End-Time Message" LP 2014 Emetic (180 Gram Vinyl) US $24.95 Buy It Now 17h 30m
MEN WITH A MESSAGE BACK TO THE BIBLE MALE CHORUS RECORD ALBUM US $1.99 [0 bids]
POP ROCK/ Sting - Russians / Gabriel's Message / I Burn For You US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 49m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Send comments to Progbear (BETA) | Report this review (#45681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 05, 2005

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Send comments to Melomaniac (BETA) | Report this review (#71356) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Review by historian9
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Jazz Rock/Fusion Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Send comments to historian9 (BETA) | Report this review (#658769) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"