MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995

Buddy Miles A Message To The People 1971 Mercury SRM-1-608 Rock Funk LP VG+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now
RARE ! FRENCH FEMALE CELLIST Lucienne RADISSE/BIZET/MESSAGER USD $29.00 Buy It Now
THE MESSAGE BIBLE - CD -EUGENE PETERSON - 11 CD Set Job - Song Of Songs USD $14.99 Buy It Now
WORLD PARTY - MESSAGE IN THE BOX 7" VINYL PS USD $5.61 Buy It Now
The Specials - A Message To You Rudy 7" 45 single PS Benelux Chrysalis 101.122 USD $21.50 [15 bids]
ROD MCKUEN "A Personal Message/The Language Of Hello... (etc)" DJ Copy EP- RARE USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Calvary Chapel Melbourne Florida 14 CD Audiobook Message Set Discovering God USD $13.27 Buy It Now
Calvary Chapel Melbourne Florida 11 Cd Audiobook Message Set USD $13.27 Buy It Now
The Police - Message In A Bottle 7" single (1979) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
STING, RUSSIANS / GABRIEL'S MESSAGE. ORIGINAL 1985 SINGLE USD $1.24 [0 bids]
B*witched To you I belong 2 track + message to Santa 1998 CD single USD $0.61 [0 bids]
Q-Burns Abstract Message "Oeuvre" 1998 Astralwerks Used CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Revived .. World Wide Message Tribe USD $4.90 Buy It Now
GRANDMASTER FLASH / FURIOUS...-MESSAGE FROM BEAT STREET: BEST OF (MOD) CD NEW USD $16.85 Buy It Now
The Specials A Message To You Rudy Rare 1979 A//1 B//1 1st UK 2 Tone CHS TT 5 USD $4.68 [0 bids]
Hugh Mundell Africa Must Be Free By 1983, Message Records JA 1978, Roots/dub USD $26.23 [7 bids]
Message - Using The Head / Astral Journey CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE JAPANESE 7" VINYL SINGLE STING USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Barry White(Vinyl LP)The Message Is Love-Unlimied-ULG 83475-UK-1979-NM/VG USD $12.48 Buy It Now
BIG BLACK Message to our Ancestors UNI EX 1967 Afrobeat Funk Leon Washington USD $19.99 Buy It Now
The Lucy Show New Message 1987 EP 12" LP Vinyl S/S Factory Sealed Big Time 6043 USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Eddie Griffin, The Message, Cassette USD $4.95 Buy It Now
THE MESSAGE/LION OF THE DESERT USD $31.16 Buy It Now
Messager - The Two Pigeons/ Isoline - UK LP HMV Greensleeve ESD 7048 USD $3.73 [0 bids]
MOVE-MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY-2016-180g VINYL LP-ELO/IDLE RACE-NEW USD $34.96 Buy It Now
GD G-Dragon G Dragon Kwon Ji Yong Photo Message Cards 30pcs USD $10.99 Buy It Now
45 POP Voices That Care voices/message of care Giant/WB 1991 EX HEAR USD $2.99 Buy It Now
The Message - The Roots Of Rap : Various Artists (2008) - CD USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Eyehategod - Preaching The End Time Message - Rare Vinyl Picture Disc, 1st Press USD $39.99 Buy It Now
Brian Kennedy ?- Put The Message In The Box Cat No. 74321 462272 CD Single USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Sting - Russians / Gabriel's Message 7" single (A&M - 1985) (The Police) USD $3.73 [0 bids]
Everly Brothers Records [Lot of 4] "Wake Up Little Susie" "Take A Message- USD $5.95 [0 bids]
Message in the Music by O'Jays (The) (CD, May-2010, Japan Sony Music) NEW SS USD $39.90 Buy It Now
MFSB ?- Love Is The Message LP Venezuelan Press 1974 CBS USD $26.00 Buy It Now
The Message the roots of rap cd 1999 USD $2.19 Buy It Now
BBMak - Still On Your Side, 5 Track Sampler & Message & CD-ROM Weblink, Promo CD USD $1.86 [0 bids]
GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE / THE MESSAGE / RAP HIP HOP 45 PC USD $6.95 [0 bids]
FRANCOISE HARDY Japan 1973 ECPM-100 NM LP MESSAGE PERCONNEL USD $49.99 Buy It Now
USED First Message CD USD $17.00 Buy It Now
Dwight Yoakam 45 Send A Message To My Heart / Takes A Lot To Rock You w/ts USD $2.00 Buy It Now
THE SQUARE SET "CALIFORNIA DREAMING /MESSAGE UNDERSTOOD+2" EP PORTUGAL- EX PROMO USD $10.00 [0 bids]
ROYAL HUNT Message To God OOP 1997 EUROPEAN CD single bonus track USD $9.75 Buy It Now
The Message By 4Him USD $1.99 Buy It Now
Grandmaster Flash CD The Message Expanded Edition NEW SEALED USD $9.99 [0 bids]
ELECTRONIC get the message FAC 287 uk factory 1991 12" PS EX/EX USD $13.73 Buy It Now
The police Rare Italy Single Message in a bottle1979 VG USD $14.99 Buy It Now
Message To The World By Testimony On Audio CD Album 2010 Brand New USD $15.51 Buy It Now
Mobley's Message Hank Mobley Prestige PRLP 7061 Record 446 W 50th NYC USD $200.00 Buy It Now
Club Nouveau - Listen To The Message - 1988 LP USD $7.62 Buy It Now
THE POLICE ~ Message In A Box ~ The Complete Recordings ~ 4 CD Box Set USD $18.44 Buy It Now
FIGHTSTAR I Am The Message 2008 UK SIGNED / AUTOGRAPHED vinyl 7" UNPLAYED + CoA USD $22.48 Buy It Now
Eyehategod - Preaching The End-Time Message LP Gatefold Blue Vinyl 200 NEW USD $39.99 Buy It Now
The Message by 4Him CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now
WHATNAUTS: Message From A Black Man / Dance To The Music 45 Funk USD $18.00 Buy It Now
Original Message Audio CD USD $22.32 Buy It Now
Message In A Bottle: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture by Various Ar USD $3.92 Buy It Now
G FRIEND (GIRL FRIEND ) Photo Message Cards 30pcs NEW ???? USD $11.99 Buy It Now
Bob Rivers 7" 45 w/ps A MESSAGE FROM THE KING bw same song Promo christmas vinyl USD $3.99 Buy It Now
45 RANDY RANDOLPH Difficult / I'm Gettin' Your Message Baby EARLY BOOTS FS USD $7.95 Buy It Now
D.J. Rogers Message is Still the Same LP EX/EX 1980 USD $6.50 Buy It Now
Message from Beat Street: Best Grandmaster Flash & The Furiou Audio CD USD $23.53 Buy It Now
4 LPs-The O'Jays.Message WLP, Love WLP,When Will PRO,Family Reunion.Philadelphia USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Cariven / Andre Messager - Coups De Roulis - Andre Messager [Composer]; Marcel.. USD $32.38 Buy It Now
Message of the Sea: Celtic Music for Guitar David Russell CD USD $19.40 Buy It Now
Howlin' Wolf Message to the Young/1971Chess Records White lab. Promo CH 5002 LP USD $30.00 [0 bids]
Richard "Groove" Holmes - Soul Message - 1965 NEW CD - 2006 USD $11.00 Buy It Now
O'JAYS MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC QUADRAPHONIC LP RECORD WIN MORE QUADS USD $25.00 [0 bids]
EDDY GRANT CAN'T GET ENOUGH / MESSAGE MAN AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE USD $11.43 Buy It Now
PUBLIC ENEMY MUSE SICK-N-HOUR MESS AGE AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE USD $15.23 Buy It Now
Listen To The Message by Club Nouveau USD $3.92 Buy It Now
Get The Message - The Best Of Electronic UK 2-disc CD/DVD set 3714042 EMI 2006 USD $40.59 Buy It Now 47s
The Message 49ers UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 12BRW257 USD $13.66 Buy It Now 3m 58s
Listen To The Message, Club Nouveau, Excellent USD $4.48 Buy It Now 8m 13s
Dionne Warwick 'Message to Michael ' ep uk 1st press rare USD $4.57 [0 bids]
20m 36s
Curtis Mayfield ?- We Come In Peace With A Message Of Love ORIG. US LP USD $1.29 [0 bids]
21m 49s
THE O'JAYS / Message In Our Music (Stereo & Mono / PROMO / PIR 45rpm Record USD $2.89 Buy It Now 36m 1s
Get The Message Electronic 7" vinyl single record UK FAC287/7 FACTORY 1991 USD $12.42 Buy It Now 40m 13s
SEALED BENNY GOLSON Feat CURTISS FULLER California Message LP TIMELESS RECORDS  USD $17.99 Buy It Now 40m 51s
Message from Bud by Carsten Dahl. USD $18.52 Buy It Now 46m 13s
BLACK VELVET Peace And Love Is The Message / Clown EMBER 45 acid psych soul funk USD $9.60 Buy It Now 47m 2s
Friedrich Gulda: Message From G [VINYL] Gulda Vinyl USD $137.31 Buy It Now 56m 21s
Music - Message To The Universe Sirana Audio CD USD $43.83 Buy It Now 59m 12s
BABYMETAL Sakura Gakuin Message 2010 1st Album CD Japan USD $44.00 [0 bids]
59m 23s
LOVE Psych Rock Garage 45 Record My Little Red Book ~ A Message To Pretty 1966 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Everly Brothers Take a Message to Mary EP 45 RPM VG USD $5.99 [0 bids]
MESSAGE FROM THE MOON: EVERLASTING CHINESE LOVE SONGS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.89 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Jack Reidling Lp A Message from Goat Hill - Private California Solo Piano - HEAR USD $14.95 [0 bids]
My Message Lawuandia Audio CD USD $32.28 Buy It Now 2h 30m
MESSAGE FROM THE MOON: EVERLASTING CHINESE LOVE SONGS NEW CD USD $13.23 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ARTHUR BAKER *RARE 7" 45 ' THE MESSAGE IS LOVE ' 1989 VGC+ USD $1.52 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings [Box] by The Police (CD, Sep-1993, 4 . USD $21.00 Buy It Now 2h 38m
The Message Noah Macneil Audio CD USD $32.28 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Songs from the Message The Way Of Love [VGC CD] (REF TS BOX 16) USD $16.76 Buy It Now 2h 41m
RUDY COLOMBINI - Message of Love - CD ** Brand New ** USD $9.75 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Unknown Artist Flying Bird Brings Message CD USD $7.80 Buy It Now 3h
KU-TYU-BUNKAI FEAT.ANTENA GIRL-DIRECT MESSAGE-JAPAN CD C65 USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3h 10m
MESSAGE FROM THE OTHER SIDE [DIGIPAK] NEW CD USD $14.83 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Giel: The Message Behind the Music Giel Audio CD USD $32.28 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Message From the Sea [VINYL] Princess Pangolin Vinyl USD $72.31 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Chronicle - Like a Message from the Stars - US release 1977 Far East Family Band USD $26.28 [0 bids]

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"