MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
DAVID LEE ROTH van halen PICTURE FLEXI SHEET Message s2386 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Software Modesty-Blaze The Erotic Message CD Album Very Good Condition USD $6.97 [0 bids]
USD $9.31 Buy It Now
Mfsb - Love Is The Message - Expan NEW CD USD $12.72 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Re-Routed by Q-Burns Abstract Message (CD, May-2002, Eighth Dimension) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
PUBLIC ENEMY Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age CD NEW & SEALED USD $7.43 Buy It Now 2h 35m
NATALIA MOGILEVSKAYA MESSAGE RARE UKR ORIGINAL SLIPCASE CD BRAND NEW SEALED USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
EMMANUEL "UNIVERSAL MESSAGE" LP 1987 emotional sealed USD $5.10 Buy It Now 3h 28m
BRAND NEW Agave Nectar Mix Vol. 1 by Q-Burns Abstract Message CD USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
FRIEDRICH GULDA MESSAGE FROM G. III promo JAPAN USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
VARIOUS - Message In The Music: The Ashley Beedle Re-edits - 3xCD USD $27.79 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Positively 4th Street and Other Message Folk Songs, Living Voices,Very Good, vin USD $18.49 Buy It Now 4h 2m
KENNY ROGERS country 33 promo ep A PERSONAL MESSAGE (with music) ~ VG++ USD $9.75 Buy It Now 4h 25m
THE BEE GEES-I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU-ORIGINAL UK POLYDOR RECORDS-45-1968 USD $6.01 Buy It Now 4h 25m
MAYNARD FERGUSON - A MESSAGE FROM BIRDLAND - ROULETTE - SR 52027 - VG+ USD $5.50 Buy It Now 4h 40m
JUDIE TZUKE Portfolio A Message From Radio City 1988 UK CD issue USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4h 42m
D.J. Rogers The Message Man STILL SEALED! soul singer, GREAT collection! 13 cuts USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
RYUHEI THE MAN-NEXT MESSAGE FROM THE MAN 2-JAPAN CD E50 USD $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Syntax (4) - Message (Serge Santiago Remix) 12" USD $9.39 Buy It Now 4h 47m
CLUB NOUVEAU ~ Listen To The Message ~ Vinyl LP USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Nazi Gold A Message Of Love Vinyl LP USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Andrea Begley - The Message (NEW CD) USD $10.12 Buy It Now 4h 56m
METERS~ZONY MASH/MESSAGE FROM THE METERS~FUNK~R&B`NORTHERN SOUL~45 VG+ Hear USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Electronic - Get the Message - CD Single UNPLAYED USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Message for the Mess Age USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Roger Hallmark and The Thrasher Brothers - A Message to Khomeini USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Cern ?- The Message - ASOT 12" single vinyl - A state of Trance - Armin USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 54m
The Message USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6h
PUBLIC ENEMY - MUSE SICK-N-HOUR MESS AGE - CASSETTE TAPE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
EVERLY BROTHERS,Take A Message To Mary / Poor Jenny 45rpm USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Osborne Brothers - Give this message to your heart (M-) USD $2.00 [0 bids]
NEW ORDER ELECTRONIC ULTRA RARE US REMIX PROMO CD Get The Message 5TRX DNA MIXES USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $34.99 Buy It Now
MESSENGERS First Message LP soul jazz funk rock Red Point Berlin Germany Europe USD $14.99 [0 bids]
REDBONE MESSAGE FROM A DRUM EPIC ECPL 24 Japanese pressing Vinyl USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Gales,Larry - Message From Monk (CD New) USD $10.40 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Jackson In Your House/Message To Our Folks - 2 DISC SET - Art Ens (2013, CD New) USD $17.03 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Howlin' Wolf - Message to the Young - GET54046CD USD $17.53 Buy It Now 7h
Illinois Jacquet - Message [CD New] USD $15.21 Buy It Now 7h
Gales,Larry - Message From Monk [CD New] USD $10.74 Buy It Now 7h
Mfsb - Love is the message ~ expanded edition - CDBBR0179 USD $14.34 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Lion of the Desert/The Message CD NEW USD $24.38 Buy It Now 7h 2m
SOHO message from my baby 7" PS EX/EX USD $14.85 Buy It Now 7h 2m
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOX- 4 CD Collectible Pack- Free US Ship USD $36.89 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Twenty4-7 - Last Message [CD New] USD $34.65 Buy It Now 7h 7m
The Message: The Story Of Sugar Hill Records (4CD) Rap & Hip-Hop Anthology USD $18.02 [0 bids]
Love Happy Message Of Love CD Single MCA Mcadm-55020 1995 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Love Happy - "Message Of Love" 12", Dance & Electronica, 33 RPM USD $1.99 Buy It Now 7h 15m
LISE VILLENEUVE Tape Cassette MESSAGE POUR TOI DANS LE PLAISIR DE LA DANSE 1991 USD $7.47 Buy It Now 7h 18m
The Spinners 45 Message From A Blackman White Label Promo VIP 25054 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 7h 19m
ART BLAKEY QUARTET JAZZ MESSAGE IMPULSE IMJ 80006 JPN OBI LP USD $1.35 [3 bids]
Richie Garcia "A Message From Garcia" Fet.Bill Evans;Gene Quill;Terry Pollard; USD $100.00 [0 bids]
USD $150.00 Buy It Now
CD Artists Music Message 1993 Benson Music Sampler USD $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Message to the world its midnight martin luther king jr (Audio Cassette) USD $7.91 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Jackson In Your House/Message To Our Folks [CD New] USD $15.97 Buy It Now 7h 34m
POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE STING 1979 RARE ITALIAN 7"PS USD $12.29 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Jazz Couriers-Tubby Hayes/Ronnie Scott-Message From Britain-Jazzland 34-PROMO USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings [Box] by The Police (CD, Sep-1993, 4 D USD $4.50 [0 bids]
REDBONE - MESSAGE FROM A DRUM - 850703003842 USD $24.02 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Rock NM! 45 ROGER HALLMARK AND THE THRASHER BROTHERS A Message To Khomeini on Vu USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 51m
David Russell // Message Of The Sea - Celtic Music For Guitar / Surround Sound USD $9.50 [0 bids]
USD $12.35 Buy It Now
Art Blakey Quartet LP A Jazz Message USD $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 3m
ART ENSEMBLE OF CHICAGO - JACKSON IN YOUR HOUSE / A MESSAGE TO YOUR FOLKS NEW CD USD $22.15 Buy It Now 8h 4m
THE O'JAYS message in the music US ORIGINAL WLP PROMO LP soul funk NM- USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
THE WORLD WIDE MESSAGE TRIBE - The Real Thing/Sweet USD $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Fanny Adams: They're All Losers, Honey / Got To Get A Message To You 45 - Psych USD $6.79 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
The Police-Wrapped Around Your Finger plus Message in bottle live + Free UK post USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 19m
POSITIVE SOUND MESSAGE ~ THINK ABOUT IT RANDOM RAP / MODERN SOUL 12" SEALED  USD $49.77 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Message in a Bottle (CD 1999) -Kevin Costner & Paul Newman USD $0.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
EYEHATEGOD - Preaching The End-time Message USD $11.49 Buy It Now 8h 30m
GORILLAS Message To The World LP UK pressing USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Everly Brothers Poor Jenny / Take a message to Mary 45 rpm nr mint USD $5.99 [0 bids]
7" Guatemala THE POLICE message in a bottle / landlord SINGLE dideca 1979 sting USD $29.99 [1 bids]
Timo's Message - John Tchicai Group (2010, CD New) USD $14.24 Buy It Now 8h 56m
Message In A Box The Complete Recordings The Police USD $7.99 [0 bids]
9h
45 BEE GEES - I'VE GOT TO GET A MESSAGE TO YOU (POLYDOR 56273) UK ORIGINAL USD $7.42 Buy It Now 9h 2m
40D Jerry Lewis a special message Ronnie Deauville USD $1.25 [0 bids]
Jacob Miller Love is a Message Money Disc Listen USD $12.99 [1 bids]
BLUE MAGIC - MESSAGE FROM THE MAGIC - CD 78 - Great soul cd ! USD $9.90 [0 bids]
CANE AND ABLE - Relating A Message To You - AFRO FUNK PSYCHE FRENCH REISSUE USD $25.00 [0 bids]
AUGUSTUS PABLO * Earth Rightful Ruler * MESSAGE LP 1978 USD $21.78 [4 bids]
OST Message In A Bottle USD $5.99 [0 bids]
New Decade Blind Vision 4 Track EP Get The Message Remix 1993 OLDSKOOL HARDCORE USD $22.51 Buy It Now 9h 39m
The Message at the Depth by DJ Krush (CD, Feb-2003, Red Ink Records (USA)) USD $4.00 [0 bids]
15 SUBLIMINAL NLP HYPNOSIS MESSAGES MESSAGING-NEW BRAINWAVE MIND CONTROL PROGRAM USD $90.00 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Ray Charles message from the people Take me home country roads Album LP Vinyl USD $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 48m
The Everly Bros. "Take a Message to Mary" 7" 45 USD $4.29 [0 bids]
MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE PICTURE DISC The Police USD $10.50 [1 bids]
Christmas Message by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1990, Lection Records) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 10h
THE EVERLY BROTHERS "TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY" 45 RPM USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 4m
MODERN SOUL RARITY MESSAGE UNTOLD I can feel the change in love PADANG LISTEN USD $550.00 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Cymande The Message Funk Jazz Cassette Breaks Nos Factory Sealed Rare USD $5.99 Buy It Now 10h 7m
Dwight Yoakam 45 Send a Message to My Heart/Takes a Lot to rpm record 7" vinyl USD $2.50 Buy It Now 10h 11m
5 CD SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES MESSAGING NLP PROGRAMMING AUDIO MIND BRAINWAVE PROGRAM USD $36.00 [0 bids]
Andrae Crouch And The Disciples "Take The Message Everywhere" Vinyl Black Gospel USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 19m
Love Is The Message - Mfsb (2014, Vinyl New) USD $33.31 Buy It Now 10h 32m
MESSAGE- MESSAGE '75 German Prog Kraut BBC Gramophone Library ! Archive Copy USD $30.04 [0 bids]
POLICE "Message In A Bottle" Picture Disc Limited Edition RARE! USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Private Message - Leroy Smart (2009, CD New) USD $9.87 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Prince Buster - The Message DubWise Dub LP USD $35.00 [4 bids]
7" vinyl UK single - Adam Faith - 'Message To Martha' USD $0.30 [0 bids]
Destiny's Child vs. Grandmaster Flash - Lose my Message VERY RARE MASHUP VINYL! USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
CD dawn anew is coming ~ USD $15.22
CD from books and dreams ~ USD $15.22
LP the dawn anew is coming ~ USD $22.30

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Send comments to Progbear (BETA) | Report this review (#45681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 05, 2005

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Send comments to Melomaniac (BETA) | Report this review (#71356) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Send comments to historian9 (BETA) | Report this review (#658769) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"