MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
Audio CD$4.67 (used)
Songs From the Message - Way of LoveSongs From the Message - Way of Love
Sony 1997

KISS SHM-CD Kiss 40 Decades Of Decibels w/Message Card Japan NEW UICY-15361 OBI USD $18.47 [1 bids]
Shango ?- Zulu Groove & Shango Message 12"s - Celluloid Electro Funk USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
The Lucy Show LP 12" single New Message 1987 Big Time records USD $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Message to Love Isle of Wight Festival 1970 2 CD SET Jimi Hendrix JONI MITCHELL USD $12.50 Buy It Now 3h 56m
"Carsten, Dahl"-Message From Bud CD NEW USD $19.10 Buy It Now 3h 59m
ELECTRONIC-Get The Message DVD NEW USD $42.03 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Simon Dunmore - Glitterbox - Love Is The Message (NEW 2CD) USD $16.41 Buy It Now 4h 43m
BIRMINGHAM SUNDAY A MESSAGE FROM BIRMINGHAM SUNDAY RARE OOP MINI-LP CD USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Electronic - Get The Message: The Best Of... USD $13.96 [0 bids]
Tomato's Factory Message In The Bottle Australian Remixes CD Single USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
The Blazing Suns - Hidden Message - CD USD $11.76 Buy It Now 6h 5m
< WORLD PARTY - MESSAGE IN THE BOX - FULL PAGE ADVERT small poster USD $6.98 Buy It Now 6h 13m
The Message Is Love 7in Arthur Baker And The 1989 Vinyl (ID:14836) USD $6.26 Buy It Now 6h 30m
We Come In Peace With A message Of Love Curtis Mayfield Vinyl Record USD $20.90 Buy It Now 7h 30m
Frantik, the World Wide Message Tribe, Very Good USD $3.01 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Men Without Hats - I Got The Message 7" - TAK 14 - VG USD $5.94 Buy It Now 8h 12m
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen To The Message LP USD $5.58 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Message In Blood - Next of kin Skin Oi! hool USD $1.94 Buy It Now 8h 52m
45RPM, SPINNERS ' MESSAGE FROM A BLACKMAN ' EXC ' MOTOWN SOUL USD $4.44 Buy It Now 9h 11m
Pretenders - Message Of Love / Porcelain - Real Records ARE-15 Ex Condition USD $3.48 Buy It Now 9h 13m
ENBULL - THE BULLET MESSAGE - Japan CD+1BONUS NEW J-POP USD $18.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
The Police - Message in a Box 4CD (The Complete Recordings, 1993) USD $13.96 [1 bids]
Japan Misia Love Is The Message Taiwan CD 2000 It's just love-??????-Sweetness USD $16.88 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Grandmaster flash and the furious five the message vinyl ep 33 1982 USD $11.88 [7 bids]
A Personal Message From Lou Rawls For United States Navy 7" 33 1/3 PSA USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 50m
ELECTRONIC ~ Get The Message ~ 12" Single PS USA PRESS USD $6.28 Buy It Now 10h
Merrell Fankhauser - Message To The Universe (Vinyl) USD $32.14 Buy It Now 10h
The Message USD $11.96 Buy It Now 10h 4m
L. J. REYNOLDS - You Can Make It & So Good & Spoken Message - CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 6m
THE POLICE - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE - BLUE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV USD $23.45 Buy It Now 10h 6m
BEE GEES 7" old gold vinyl I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU 1968 1986 USD $7.69 [0 bids]
Jimmy Dockett 45 LOVE DANCE / MESSAGE OF LOVE ~ Star Vision VG++ USD $4.56 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Message 2011 by Driven Cure USD $6.89 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Message Of The Sea - David Russell Compact Disc USD $21.11 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Various Artists - The Message - The Story of Sugar ... - Various Artists CD W4VG USD $51.50 Buy It Now 10h 31m
Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Flash & Furious 5 - Message [New CD] UK - Import USD $9.26 Buy It Now 10h 32m
THE OSBORNE BROTHERS - Give This Message To Your Heart - 1959 MGM Promo 45 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Linda Chatterton-Gabriel`s Message: Christmas Carols for Flute & Harp CD NEW USD $18.70 Buy It Now 11h 2m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - MESSAGE OF LOVE - PRETENDERS - ARE15 USD $9.77 Buy It Now 11h 5m
GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE The Message 1982 UK 12" Vinyl Single EXCELL USD $20.95 Buy It Now 11h 11m
ELECTRONIC 12" DNA REMIXES VG/EX CON GET THE MESSAGE USD $11.17 Buy It Now 11h 21m
49ERS - THE MESSAGE - 92 HOUSE 12" VINYL RECORD DJ USD $8.37 Buy It Now 11h 48m
ADAM FAITH A MESSAGE TO MARTHA 1964 PARLOPHONE 45 R 5201 USD $3.48 [0 bids]
12h
Compassion: Special Message From His Holiness The XIVth Dalai Lama 2000 Used CD USD $15.00 Buy It Now 12h
Real Thing, The [Single] by World Wide Message Tribe (CD, Oct-1996, Warner Bros) USD $10.19 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Palace Thea. Alb.N.Y-AIDS Benefit -Came w/Sound Sheet Message Eliz Taylor USD $9.00 [0 bids]
Message From The Country [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by The Move USD $27.52 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Message Personnel (VINYL - BRAND NEWe remastered 2013) [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by Fr USD $35.07 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Message To The World [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by The Gorillas USD $24.87 Buy It Now 12h 28m
MUSIC WITH A MESSAGE ( Label : FOREIGN MIND ) [7' VINYL - BRAND NEW] by STALAWA USD $18.44 Buy It Now 12h 29m
POLICE Message In A Bottle 7" VINYL Solid Label Design B/w Landlord (ams7474) USD $4.39 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Japan w-inds. 1st Message 2001 Taiwan CD Paradox-Feel The Fate-Forever Memories USD $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 46m
THE SPECIALS A Message To Rudy LTD Number CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP! USD $69.82 Buy It Now 13h
Message from the Meters:complete Josi - Meters Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $27.63 Buy It Now 13h 8m
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE 7" 45 POSTER SLEEVE USD $8.00 Buy It Now 13h 15m
A Message from the Meters Orig 1970 45rpm white label USD $17.99 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Dear Mr. President Music With A Message CD Supports Feed The Children Rare L33 USD $26.86 Buy It Now 13h 17m
New: Raw B: Message in a Bottle Audio CD USD $7.98 Buy It Now 13h 27m
Boyzone Let the message run free 2 mix + interview 1998 UK promo CD single USD $2.08 [0 bids]
Q-Burns Abstract Message : Re-Routed CD NEW SEALED USD $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 44m
WORLD PARTY Message In Box LTD NOD QUALITY CD FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIP USD $69.82 Buy It Now 13h 50m
[[ Eric Martin, I Love The Way You Love Me, Maxi CD, JAPAN Only, 4trk, Message USD $21.99 Buy It Now 13h 54m
AYAKA First Message CD from JAPAN New USD $45.94 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings [4 CD Box Set] USD $20.79 Buy It Now 13h 56m
DEPARTURE s/t +4 1998 JAPAN CD OBI MICY-1060 Red Dawn Message Survivor USD $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 59m
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE A&M RECORDS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD - STING USD $1.94 [0 bids]
14h
REDBONE "ONE MONKEY / MESSAGE FROM A DRUM" 45 USD $2.75 Buy It Now 14h 2m
CHARLIE MOORE BILL NAPIER sweeter than the flowers/take a message to mother 45 USD $9.49 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Underground Resistance - Message To The Majors UR 023 VG 1992 USD $51.97 Buy It Now 14h 4m
GRANDMASTER FLASH Furious Five The Message 6 TRX RARE REMIXES & EDITS CD single USD $33.24 Buy It Now 14h 9m
I-Kon - Got A Message - Tp Records - 1999 #752252 USD $2.78 Buy It Now 14h 19m
U Shouldn't Touch This by The Message Man USD $46.89 Buy It Now 14h 29m
THE SPINNERS ,MESSAGE FROM THE BLACKMAN GOOD COPY PLAYS BRILLIANT VIP USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists - Universal Message / Various [New CD] UK - Import USD $6.75 Buy It Now 14h 37m
Put the Message in Box [CD 2], Kennedy, Brian, Very Good Single USD $3.01 Buy It Now 14h 46m
THE POLICE Message In A Bottle / Landlord rare 45 wIth POSTER PicSleeve STING USD $14.99 Buy It Now 14h 48m
THE POLICE Message In A Bottle rare promo 45 from 1979 STING USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 48m
TRANS X MESSAGE ON THE RADIO/NITELIFE/LIVING ON VIDEO 1983 POLYDOR RECORDS REMIX USD $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 49m
SPECIALS-A Message To You Rudy/Nite Klub-2 Tone 7"-1979 (PAPER LABELS/TWO TONE) USD $25.61 [5 bids]
ELECTRONIC Get Message LTD Nod MUSIC CD FRAMED DISPLAY! USD $69.82 Buy It Now 14h 55m
The Message by 4 HIM (CD, 1996, Benson) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 15h
The Message at the Depth by DJ Krush (Vinyl, Nov-2014) USD $24.83 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Jazz in Paris: Le Dernier Message de Lester Young by Lester Young (Saxophone)... USD $8.36 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Melissa Etheridge - Message to Myself - Promo Only CD Single (ISLR-16780) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
WAILERS - Jah Message - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 15h 8m
SAKURA GAKUIN 2010 NENDO -MESSAGE-regular ed. Japan CD TFCC-86352 2011 Tracking USD $38.08 Buy It Now 15h 28m
EVERY LITTLE THING 14 Message ~every Ballad Songs 2 JAPAN CD AVCD-23206 2007 NEW USD $23.69 Buy It Now 15h 35m
The Police Message In A Bottle/Landlord Vinyl 7" 45 RPM w/ Poster Rare OOP NEW USD $14.00 Buy It Now 15h 36m
MFSB Love Is The Message LP Vinyl Album 1973 KZ 32707 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 15h 38m
ADAM FAITH ~ A MESSAGE TO MARTHA ~ 1964~ PARLOPHONE ~ U.K. 45 ~ LISTEN!! USD $2.08 [0 bids]
Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age [PA] by Public Enemy (CD, May-1994, Def Jam (USA)) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 15h 44m
Shy FX ?- The Message / Nasty 1996 12" USED Ebony Records USD $13.42 Buy It Now 15h 47m
THE MITCHELL RUFF TRIO-AFTER THIS MESSAGE-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B50 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 48m
The O'Jays- Message in the Music- Vinyl Lp - Free UK Post USD $17.61 Buy It Now 15h 55m
MCKAMEYS - Message - CD - Import - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $18.95 Buy It Now 15h 58m
MCKAMEYS - Message - CD - Import - **Mint Condition** USD $17.49 Buy It Now 15h 59m
THE PRETENDERS MESSAGE OF LOVE, 7 INCH SINGLE USD $1.38 [0 bids]
Hear! Northern Soul Latin Promo 45 Dyna-Might - Sunshine Goddess / Message To My USD $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 19m
Love Happy - Message Of Love 2 X 12" MCA USD $8.37 Buy It Now 16h 22m
INXS - Shining Star / Send A Message / Faith / Bitter - CD - Maxi Import - Mint USD $22.75 Buy It Now 16h 31m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"