MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Outside Looking InOutside Looking In
Escape Music 2000
From Books & DreamsFrom Books & Dreams
Citystudio Media Production

Cellini Candles Buddy Holly Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $18.29 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Cellini Candles Madonna Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $18.29 Buy It Now 1h 32m
DIONNE WARWICK 45 Message To Michael / Here Where There Is Love - NM USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Message From a Black Man by USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Julia Ann Gardner : Message CD (2004) USD $6.63 Buy It Now 1h 39m
NEW Message at the Depth (Vinyl) USD $55.95 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Unknown Artist 2012 the Hidden Message CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
FREDDY FENDER * LIVING IT DOWN & TAKE HER A MESSAGE! I'M LONEY * 45 RPM USD $4.75 Buy It Now 2h
Soul 45 The O'Jays - Message In Our Music / She'S Only A Woman On Philadelphia 2 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
MY NAME MESSAGE(+DVD)(TYPE B) CD USD $6.51 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Various Artists Anthologie André Messager CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Unknown Artist Message Sent: Meditations for Retrieving CD USD $6.93 Buy It Now 2h 11m
75s. Maggie Teyte - La Perichole (Offenbach) & Veronique (Messager)-Decca 29008 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
The Move - Message From the Country - New 180g Vinyl LP + MP3 USD $27.44 Buy It Now 2h 26m
THE SQUARE ADVENTURES ANDO MASAHIRO INCLUDES MESSAGE CARD OBI 28AH-1693 MINT LP USD $89.99 [0 bids]
MICHAEL JACKSON LOVE IS MY MESSAGE JAPAN SUZUKI OBI VINYL LP 25-3P-342 THRILLER USD $79.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Sweet Mysteries: A Message of Hope CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 34m
(FX425) Da Vinci Vox, The Hidden message - 2006 CD USD $6.52 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Public Enemy : Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age CD (1998) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 47m
The Move - Message From The Country - Sealed Vinyl LP + Download USD $27.39 Buy It Now 2h 52m
DJ Krush : Message at the Depth CD (2003) USD $3.71 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Message for Albert CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h
Nrbq : Message for Mess Age CD (1994) USD $4.48 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Gabriel's Message: Christmas Carols for Flute & Harp USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
The Bed Bugs on Jay Boy label....Freedom sound BW A message to you USD $28.99 [0 bids]
Samantha Janus ?- A Message To Your Heart - 7" Vinyl Record Single USD $6.52 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Mitchell-Ruff Trio 60s JAZZ SOUL LP After His Message ORIGINAL MONO 1966 USA USD $21.98 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Gabriel Yared : Message in a Bottle (Score) [Us Import] CD (1999) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Ray Charles A Message From The People Record USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
CANE AND ABLE Relating A Message To You LP NEW SEALED VINYL REISSUE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Richard "Groove" Holmes - Soul Message - 1965 Prestige Jazz Funk, Van Gelder, LP USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
The Third Message (US Import) CD USD $3.71 Buy It Now 3h 57m
RedBone Message From A Drum 8 Track Tape Used Rock USD $5.93 Buy It Now 4h 2m
The Message [1997] by 4Him (CD, Aug-1997, Verity) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Q-Burns Abstract Message : Feng Shui CD (1999) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 3m
JADE A Message Of Love SEALED LP Private soul funk Cornelius Lee Barker USD $199.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
V.A. THE SENSATIONAL NIGHTINGALES A MESSAGE FROM THE BOOK MAL4448 LP Fa1350 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
MFSB Love is the Message ECPM59PH LP Fa1354 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
DW & Fat Jack : The Message CD (2003) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 4h 27m
SEALED Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE Oeuvre LP ASTRALWERKS RECORDS ASW6236 US 1998  USD $53.99 Buy It Now 4h 28m
THE SPECIALS featuring RICO:A Message To You Rudy.RARE Aussie/OZ 7" -1979- USD $22.70 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Blakey, Art Jazz Message CD USD $3.98 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Akasa "The Message" cd SEALED USD $34.89 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Da Vinci Vox : The Hidden Message CD (2006) USD $4.07 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Messenger - Bringin' The Message - Light Records Xian - FAST SHIPPING!! USD $26.95 Buy It Now 4h 44m
Unknown Artist A Message From the Cockpit CD USD $3.71 Buy It Now 4h 45m
ALPHA YAYA DIALLO THE MESSAGE JAPAN CD SEALED USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Currulao,Currulao,Gough : Message From the Border CD (1996) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Unknown Artist A Message to Dehlia CD USD $3.71 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Various Artists The Message: Psalms CD USD $3.95 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Rudy Colombini : Message of Love CD (2000) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 5h 13m
MESSAGE KRAUTROCK LP 1975 MEGARARE MADE PORTUGAL DECCA SLPDX INSERT W/ LYRICS USD $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Q-Burns Abstract Message : Re-Routed CD (2002) USD $3.49 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Got to Get a Message to You-Cause We Got to Get a Message to You Cause We Car USD $3.98 Buy It Now 5h 38m
Larry Gales Message from Monk CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 42m
NEW Taiwan CD w/OBI+Photo Card Japan MORNING MUSUME 14 14?~The message~ 2014 USD $18.47 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Unknown Artist Exl. - Gabriels Message CD USD $3.71 Buy It Now 5h 46m
POLICE CDx3 Message in a Box MEDIA AMERICA radio show promo only AUDIOPHILE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
LOVE LITTLE RED BOOK B/W MESSAGE TO PRETTY RARE ELEKTRA MAIDEN LABEL VG+ USD $22.50 [0 bids]
JEAN-PIERRE JACQUILLAT-MESSAGER: LES DEUX PIGEONS-HIGHLIGHTS~ -JAPAN CD D73 USD $21.50 Buy It Now 6h 26m
The Ballroom Message In A Bottle 12" castarave mix 1995 Euro House USD $9.15 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings [Box] by The Police CD Set USD $19.95 Buy It Now 6h 27m
J.R. MONTEROSE-THE MESSAGE-JAPAN MINI LP CD F56 USD $28.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
HOWLIN' WOLF-MESSAGE TO THE YOUNG-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Bloodshot Bill Travelin' Guitars/The Message/I Saw Her First 7" Vinyl 45 RPMNEW USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Killing Moon : Message Through Your Teeth Ep CD (2006) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Deep black Ft Argenis Brito - No Message (Souvenir / SOUVENIR048) 12" Vinyl NEW USD $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Mfsb-Love Is the Message CD New USD $21.26 Buy It Now 7h 28m
LENNY HAMBRO QUINTET-MESSAGE FROM HAMBRO-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Message Songs From the Message - Way of Love CD USD $4.34 Buy It Now 7h 56m
MFSB: Love Is The Message KZ32707 Philadelphia Records Vinyl Record LP R26 USD $2.24 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Rex Humbard - Man With A Message - Vinyl LP Album Record - HFG 1001 - Stereo USD $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Various Artists-Christmas Message CD Import Very Good USD $2.95 Buy It Now 8h 32m
HANK MOBLEY 'Mobley's Message' Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED USD $21.18 Buy It Now 8h 37m
MFSB-Love Is the Message CD NEW USD $17.94 Buy It Now 9h 7m
The Police Message in a Box The Police: Complete Recordings LMT ED 4 CD Box Set USD $23.01 [0 bids]
Nicholas Tell the World 1981 Message Records MGN 1001 BLACK GOSPEL Sealed LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Mariah Carey PROMO Japan Cassette Tape Emotions Vanishing Message 1991 VHTF F/S USD $29.99 [0 bids]
O'JAYS - MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC..U.S PHIL.INTERNATIONAL RECORDS USD $5.22 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Prime Cut Shady Brook 3 Message to the ghetto/hey pearl vg++ soul funk. USD $6.00 [0 bids]
NEW Message to the Dead (Vinyl) USD $55.20 Buy It Now 10h 5m
DAMIAN LAZARUS & THE ANCIENT MOONS Message From The Other Side 2x LP NEW VINYL C USD $35.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
45 ROGER HALLMARK "MAHARISHI / A MESSAGE TO KHOMEINI" VULCAN 10004 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Reljerell & G.G. - R.E.L.volution (Message Two) Fagen Creek Alabama Rap g funk USD $2.99 [0 bids]
11h
MELLE MEL & DUKE BOOTEE ~ Message II (Survival) ~ 12" Single PS USD $6.46 Buy It Now 11h 8m
BEST OF-GET THE MESSAGE NEW CD USD $10.96 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Christmas Message, Whalum, Kirk, Acceptable USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 28m
2/10/82Pgn34 Review & picture: Grandmaster Flash Album the Message USD $5.22 Buy It Now 11h 35m
PRE-ORDER Message From The Meters: The Complete Josie (CD RELEASE: 05 Aug 2016) USD $23.53 Buy It Now 11h 42m
9/10/82Pgn51 Advert: Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five the Message USD $9.14 Buy It Now 11h 46m
NEW WAVE/ The Lucy Show - New Message USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 2m
DANCE POP/ Sofia Shinas - The Message USD $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 5m
MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC: THE BEST OF THE O'JAYS [USED CD] USD $6.30 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Message in Our Music: The Best of the O'Jays New CD USD $9.63 Buy It Now 12h 17m
RAP/ Nikolag Steen Feat. Mele Mel & Scorpio - The New Message USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 23m
The Police - Message In A Bottle (13624) A&M Records (1979) AMS 7474 - 7" Single USD $7.44 Buy It Now 12h 30m
RAP/ Melle Mel & Duke Booty - Message II (Survival) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Yasuda Rei CD+DVD Message First Limited Japanese New USD $41.39 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Message from Duke of Edinburgh - Commonwealth Technical Training Week 1961 7" USD $4.58 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Big Black "Message To Our Ancestors" LP Uni Stereo USD $15.00 Buy It Now 12h 53m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"