Message

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Dawn Anew Is ComingDawn Anew Is Coming
Imports 2007
SOFIA SHINAS radio promo cd "THE MESSAGE" - 1992 - NEW USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
43m 23s
NEW And The Message Is Love: The Best Of Al Green CD (CD) Free P USD $17.02 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Message FINE LINE DEAN FASANO MELODIC ROCK JAPAN CD 1998 BONUS TRACKS+ OBI STRIP USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
LP - BARRY WHITE - THE MESSAGE IS LOVE. USD $13.14 [0 bids]
THE BEE GEES I've Gotta Get A Message To You UK 7" in company sleeve Polydor 562 USD $5.86 Buy It Now 2h 34m
REAL Give Me A Reason CD Lovechild Cellophane Message Star 14 trks USED USD $5.06 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Stitchie - Serious Message (NEW CD) USD $17.97 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Beehler - Message To The Dead (NEW CD) USD $22.37 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Mfsb - Love Is The Message - Expan (NEW CD) USD $15.03 Buy It Now 2h 46m
LITTLE OSCAR: I Tried / The Message 45 Funk USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
V.A.-THE MESSAGE FROM BRUNSWICK: MIXED BY RYUHEI THE MAN-JAPAN CD E78 USD $25.50 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Aswad ?- The Message / Set Them Free, Mango ?- 12 IS 383, Island Records ?12" USD $7.91 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Rappers Against Racism - The Message - Cassette, 2000 Factory Sealed, Poland USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 54m
WORLD PARTY 7" vinyl picture sleeve record MESSAGE IN THE BOX USD $8.79 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Thriller + Message Michael Jackson French 7" vinyl single record promo PRO394 USD $290.57 Buy It Now 4h 22m
NEW Messager: Fortunio CD (CD) Free P&H USD $22.94 Buy It Now 4h 28m
World Wide Message Tribe - 'Heatseeker' UK CD Album USD $4.39 Buy It Now 4h 36m
The Pretenders - Message Of Love 7" single (vg+) (Real Records - 1981) USD $4.39 [0 bids]
THE BEE GEES i've gotta get a message to you*kitty can 1968 UK POLYDOR 45 USD $8.81 Buy It Now 5h 39m
w-inds. - W-inds. - 1st message - Japan CD - J-POP - 12Tracks OBI USD $9.45 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Sting "Russians/Gabriel's Message" Picture Sleeve 45 RPM Record USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU BEE GEES Vinyl Record USD $14.61 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Gotta Get A Message To You Bee Gees USD $13.14 Buy It Now 6h 27m
THE POLICE - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE 7" 79 VG USD $1.45 [0 bids]
THE POLICE. MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE. 7" VINYL. USD $1.83 [0 bids]
STING - RUSSIANS/GABRIEL'S MESSAGE 45 RPM USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Kill the Messengerkeep the Message USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 18m
MICKIE MESSAGE & SONGBOOK NO. 21 1973 SLADE OSMONDS BOWIE THE MOVE JACKSON FIVE USD $14.66 Buy It Now 7h 22m
MICKIE MESSAGE & SONGBOOK NO. 2 1972 OSMONDS SWEET T.REX THE EAGLES DONNY SLADE USD $11.01 Buy It Now 7h 23m
vintage Artist music message 1993 Benson music sampler CASSETTE tape 883 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
O'JAYS 45 rpm PROMO Message In Our Music USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 40m
SKID ROW COVER And Voice Message Promo CD 1995 (Va Compilation) USD $28.00 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Melle Mel and Duke Bootee of Grandmaster Flash 5 - Message II (Survival) UK 7" USD $7.32 Buy It Now 8h 44m
World Party "Message In A Box" PROMO ONLY CD! BRAND NEW! ONLY NEW COPY ON eBAY! USD $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 8m
Message - Using The Head / Astral Journey CD USD $15.99 Buy It Now 9h 22m
REGGAE MESSAGE 45 CORNERSTONE DUB AUGUSTUS PABLO ? USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 26m
HAUNTED A MESSAGE TO PRETTY + 3 - 7" 45 - FRENCH EP - 577/2000 -- K @@ L USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 38m
A Message To Martha Adam Faith 7" vinyl single record UK R5201 PARLOPHONE 1964 USD $16.07 Buy It Now 9h 38m
MEN WITHOUT HATS I Got The Message b/w Great Ones Remember STOCK 45 M- USD $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
A Message To Martha Lou Johnson UK 7" vinyl single record HLX9929 USD $36.62 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Prof. Charles Taylor 45 rpm record I'll Go, The Message USD $5.35 Buy It Now 9h 48m
T Spoon Message Of Love One Look At You Dutch CD single (CD5 / 5") AB1798402 USD $9.53 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Brian Kennedy CD single (CD5 / 5") Put The Message In The Box - Part Two UK USD $13.93 Buy It Now 9h 52m
Get The Message Electronic UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) FAC287R FACTORY USD $17.53 Buy It Now 9h 55m
The Messengers Songs with a Message 1970's Rainbow # R-2401-LPS GOSPEL Sealed LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Electronic Get The Message UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) FAC287 FACTORY USD $20.48 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Dance Floor Virus Message In A Bottle 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK USD $18.26 Buy It Now 10h 33m
(GG733) The Brute Chorus, Send Me A Message - 2009 DJ CD USD $3.60 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Message In A Bottle Police 7" vinyl single record UK AMS7474 A&M 1979 USD $14.59 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Anderson-Payne, Brian Bishop, Music of the Message, USD $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 45m
v/a MESSAGE FROM TRENCHTOWN LP NEW VINYL Alton Ellis Delroy Wilson Ken Boothe USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Message for the Mess Age by NRBQ (CD, Feb-1994, Rhino (Label)) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 51m
The Message * by L.J. Reynolds (CD, Apr-2010) NEW SS USD $9.90 Buy It Now 10h 54m
A Message To Your Heart Samantha Janus 7" vinyl single record UK HWD104 USD $14.59 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Idlewild I'm A Message - Part 1 CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDFOOD114 FOOD 1998 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 11h 2m
Enzso Message To My Girl Australian CD single (CD5 / 5") 663284.2 EPIC 1996 USD $43.29 Buy It Now 11h 6m
Men Without Hats - I Got the Message -Rock 45 UNPLAYED USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 18m
GUITAR CRUSHER - Message To Man - Modern R&B And Soul/Blues USD $14.62 Buy It Now 11h 31m
Melle Mel 12" Single World War III/The Mega Mix/Step Off/The Message Sugarhill USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Arthur Baker The Message Is Love UK 7" vinyl single record USA668 USD $14.59 Buy It Now 11h 34m
49ers 7" vinyl single record The Message UK BRW257 4TH & BROADWAY 1992 USD $14.59 Buy It Now 11h 34m
The pretenders.Message of love.vinyl single.pic bag USD $1.45 [0 bids]
BLACK GOSPEL LP Andre Crouch & Disciples Take the Message Everywhere LIGHT 5504 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Zerra I Ten Thousand Voices Message From The Pe... UK 7" record USD $14.59 Buy It Now 11h 50m
O'Jays Message In Our Music UK vinyl LP album record 81816 CBS 1977 USD $21.95 Buy It Now 11h 50m
We Shape Space The Message 12" Bosting Records 1994 USD $16.13 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Joe Johnston Band- The Message CD (2010) Best of Their Fans Favourites USD $3.19 Buy It Now 11h 59m
Kenny Rogers Fan Club Record 1980 A Personal Message From Kenny Rogers USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 15m
ELTON JOHN HERCULES FANCLUB POSTCARD WITH PRE-PRINTED MESSAGE USD $1.45 [0 bids]
TIARA It's A Message 2000 USA white vinyl 7" USD $12.06 Buy It Now 12h 23m
ray barretto-the message USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE MOVE 'MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY' 1971 STEREO LP EX/EX USD $73.38 [0 bids]
ray barretto-the message USD $14.99 [1 bids]
BBMak - Still On Your Side, 5 Track Sampler & Message & CD-ROM Weblink, Promo CD USD $2.19 [0 bids]
Ray Charles A Message FromThe People 1971 ABC X755 Promo White Label Vinyl VG+ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Message In The Box World Party UK 7" vinyl single record ENY631 ENSIGN 1990 USD $13.14 Buy It Now 12h 51m
LOVE:My Little Red Book 2:30-A Message To Pretty 2:56-U.S. 7" 1966 Elektra DJ USD $144.98 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Starbow - Intersidereal Message/Voyager II 12" Promo (AVI/1978) cosmic disco VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
Message From My Baby Soho 7" vinyl single record UK HEDD4 HEDD 1989 USD $14.59 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Eddie Griffin, The Message, Cassette USD $4.95 Buy It Now 13h 24m
NICKY SIANO Night at the Gallery 1 12" NEW VINYL Inspira Pablo Love Message USD $15.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Partnership with God Kellie Copeland Swisher KCM CD Message USD $4.97 [0 bids]
USD $7.00 Buy It Now
A MESSAGE TO MARTHA-ADAM FAITH.Vinyl 7" 45rpm .PARLOPHONE.EXC USD $14.66 Buy It Now 13h 27m
5 CD SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES MESSAGING NLP PROGRAMMING AUDIO MIND BRAINWAVE PROGRAM USD $47.00 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Electronic - GET THE MESSAGE THE BEST OF - 2006 cd / New Order / USD $14.66 Buy It Now 13h 51m
THE PRETENDERS / MESSAGE OF LOVE / 7 IN VINYL RECORD USD $7.34 Buy It Now 13h 54m
THE PRETENDERS THREE 7IN RECORD'S GO TO SLEEP/MESSAGE OF LOVE/HYMN TO HER USD $14.68 Buy It Now 13h 57m
ROB TOWNSEND Christmas Message From Space / The Night Before New Years [Minaret USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Jah Message, USD $1.00 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Cd Box Set The Police Message in a Box The Complete Records w Book Used USD $18.99 Buy It Now 14h 35m
The MESSAGE by 4Him (CD, Dec-2005, Sony BMG, Contemporary Christian, Christian) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 30m
? Message - Using the Head (Brain) (German) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 32m
Buddy Miles A Message To The People Rock Funk NM LP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 37m
TIME FIVE & SINGERS THREE "Promo" LOVE MESSAGE SONG SJX20043 OBI LP Eh8080 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
PAUL MAURIAT MESSAGE DAMOUR FDX465 OBI LP Eh7384 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
OSCAR PETTIFORD QUARTET We Get The Message LP reissue Attila Zoller Kenny Clarke USD $22.99 Buy It Now 16h 3m
HESS,STEVE / SOUTHERN SALVA...-CARRY THE MESSAGE CD NEW USD $11.53 Buy It Now 16h 12m
EYEHATEGOD-PREACHING THE ENDTIME MESSAGE CD NEW USD $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 12m
MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE Movie Soundtrack (CD 1999) OST Film Music FREE SHIPPING USD $8.05 Buy It Now 16h 19m
ROGER HALLMARK * A MESSAGE TO KHOMEINI & MAHARISHI * 45 RPM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 16h 26m
CD dawn anew is coming
~ USD $14.60
LP from books and dreams
~ USD $22.15

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"