MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
Songs From the Message - Way of LoveSongs From the Message - Way of Love
Sony 1997

The Shadow: The Isle of Fear and Message From The Hills by The Shadow USD $3.98 Buy It Now
Message in the Music by O'Jays (The) (CD, May-2010, Japan Sony Music) NEW SS USD $39.90 Buy It Now
Message In A Bottle: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture, Various Arti USD $4.99 Buy It Now
ADAM FAITH - A MESSAGE TO MARTHA - PARLOPHONE 1964 USD $2.64 [0 bids]
Message from Beat Street: The Best of Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel USD $11.01 Buy It Now
Public Enemy "Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age" Rap Hip Hop 2xLP Def Jam Sealed USD $19.50 [6 bids]
12" BOOGIE Barbara Joyce LuLu 2000 Message In The Love USD $12.00 Buy It Now
Lenny Hambro Quintet, Message From Hambro, Columbia B 757, 1956 SEALED 3-7" 45's USD $22.00 Buy It Now
Audio Army/ Get This Message/ Private Press/ 1991/ Canada/ RARE Synth/ SEALED USD $15.61 Buy It Now
Eddy Grant /Message Man - rastafari rockers reggae jah zion dub cd USD $6.59 [1 bids]
Blaine Smith - "Nine Times Out Of Ten" / "A Message From The Moon" 10" 1017 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Doo Wop - Orbits - Message Of Love/I Really Do (Flair-X 5000) (original) VG++ USD $15.00 [0 bids]
GARAGE- LOVE - MY LITTLE RED BOOK / MESSAGE TO PRETTY -HEAR -1966 ELECTRA USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Dwight Yoakam 45 Send A Message To My Heart / Takes A Lot To Rock You w/ts USD $2.00 Buy It Now
Cliff Richard 1979 Concert Programme European Tour includes Coventry Message USD $13.14 Buy It Now
MAYNARD FERGUSON-A MESSAGE FROM BIRDLAND-JAPAN SHM-CD Ltd/Ed C15 USD $14.50 Buy It Now
THE MOVE Message From The Country 1st US 1971 LP SEALED Jeff Lynne ELO Roy Wood USD $84.95 Buy It Now
ELECTRONIC get the message FAC 287 uk factory 1991 12" PS EX/EX USD $11.87 Buy It Now
The police Rare Italy Single Message in a bottle1979 VG USD $14.99 Buy It Now
LP MESSENGERS - first message, FOC USD $21.81 Buy It Now
Marion Williams - THE NEW MESSAGE - Atlantic SD 8228 - 1969 USD $1.00 Buy It Now
15 SUBLIMINAL NLP HYPNOSIS MESSAGES MESSAGING-NEW BRAINWAVE MIND CONTROL PROGRAM USD $110.00 Buy It Now
Message To The World By Testimony On Audio CD Album 2010 Brand New USD $12.97 Buy It Now
Love Happy : Message of Love CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Mobley's Message Hank Mobley Prestige PRLP 7061 Record 446 W 50th NYC USD $200.00 Buy It Now
VARIOUS ARTISTS - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE SOUNDTRACK CD USD $4.23 Buy It Now
Club Nouveau - Listen To The Message - 1988 LP USD $7.55 Buy It Now
The Message by 4Him CD USD $3.47 Buy It Now
The Message - Solid Grandmaster Flash UK 7" vinyl single record SH117 USD $13.12 Buy It Now
ROD MCKUEN "A Personal Message/The Language Of Hello... (etc)" DJ Copy EP- RARE USD $5.00 Buy It Now
G FRIEND (GIRL FRIEND ) Photo Message Cards 30pcs NEW ???? USD $11.99 Buy It Now
Shy Fx The Message UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) promo EBR008A-1 EBONY USD $27.66 Buy It Now
D.J. Rogers Message is Still the Same LP EX/EX 1980 USD $13.00 Buy It Now
Kate Bush - Fan Club EP - Secret Message Promo single Let It Be USD $39.99 Buy It Now
Shinas, Sofia : Message CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now
1983 EXCLUSIVE CLUB RECORDING A personal message from the JACKSONS 45 rpm vinyl USD $65.00 Buy It Now
Cariven / Andre Messager - Coups De Roulis - Andre Messager [Composer]; Marcel.. USD $32.38 Buy It Now
Joy White - Love Is A message 7" Vinyl 45 Spider Man Jamaica Reggae USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Hank Mobley 2nd Message Prestige Stereo 7667 Vinyl LP Remastered For Stereo USD $7.90 [0 bids]
USD $296.44 Buy It Now
HI VOLTAGE~LOVE IS THE MESSAGE~ONE WAY DISCO SOUL 12" USD $5.99 Buy It Now
MARSHALL McLUHAN MEDIUM IS THE MESSAGE VINYL LP BEAUTIFUL DELUXE PRESS +BOOK NM USD $55.00 Buy It Now
VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM BARRY WHITE THE MESSAGE IS LOVE USD $10.00 Buy It Now
DICK GARCIA "MESSAGE FROM GARCIA" RARE FROM 1956 JAZZ GUITAR LP DAWN 1106 USD $13.11 Buy It Now
Boyzone CD single (CD5 / 5") Let The Message Run Free UK promo PSPCD505 PEPSI USD $16.50 Buy It Now
Joe Simon Message From Maria 7" vinyl single record UK promo MON1025 MONUMENT USD $21.06 Buy It Now
Glitterbox: Love Is The Message - Simon Dunmore (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.83 Buy It Now
Bay Area Rap CD Askari X - Message To The Black Man - 3X KRAZY ORIG Sealed 1995 USD $14.99 [1 bids]
TRANS-X - Living On Video, 3D Dance, Message on The Radio Polydor Germany CD USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Listen To The Message by Club Nouveau CD USD $3.47 Buy It Now
Message In A Bottle: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture by Various Ar USD $3.47 Buy It Now
SEALED BENNY GOLSON Feat CURTISS FULLER California Message LP TIMELESS RECORDS  USD $13.99 Buy It Now
HANK MOBLEY-MOBLEY'S MESSAGE-WITH DON BYRD, JACKIE McLEAN, SEALED LP USD $19.99 [1 bids]
BLACK VELVET Peace And Love Is The Message / Clown EMBER 45 acid psych soul funk USD $8.40 Buy It Now
Ayaka - First Message USD $5.00 Buy It Now
AQUA BOMB - Message=Massage - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP - 9Tracks USD $19.99 Buy It Now
LOVE Psych Rock Garage 45 Record My Little Red Book ~ A Message To Pretty 1966 USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Buddy Miles A Message to the People vinyl LP, SRM 1-608 (NM) USD $8.75 [0 bids]
MAYNARD FERGUSON-LOT OF 2 LP'S-VINYL-A MESSAGE FROM NEWPORT-M.F. HORN-1ST PRESS USD $11.39 Buy It Now
MESSAGE FROM THE MOON: EVERLASTING CHINESE LOVE SONGS USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.96 Buy It Now
MESSAGE FROM THE MOON: EVERLASTING CHINESE LOVE SONGS NEW CD USD $13.29 Buy It Now 33m 34s
Songs from the Message The Way Of Love [VGC CD] (REF TS BOX 16) USD $11.63 Buy It Now 41m 42s
Unknown Artist : Flying Bird Brings Message CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h
Split Enz ORIG OZ 45 Message to my girl NM '83 Mushroom Neil Finn Alt rock   USD $10.53 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Inxs ORIG OZ 45 I send a message EX '84 WEA 7259620 New wave Dance rock USD $10.53 Buy It Now 1h 35m
MINT OST LP~THE MESSAGE~MAURICE JARRE~EMI NAMARA SLCW-1033~HEAR USD $22.49 Buy It Now 1h 42m
MESSAGE Fine Line VICP-60511 CD JAPAN 1998 NEW USD $81.83 Buy It Now 2h 34m
SHINEE JONGHYUN THE STORY OP.2 Album CD+68p Photobook+Message Card K-POP SEALED USD $18.75 Buy It Now 2h 45m
SHINEE JONGHYUN THE STORY OP.2 Album CD+68p Photobook+Message Card K-POP SEALED USD $20.50 Buy It Now 2h 45m
METERS: A Message From The Meters / Zony Mash 45 (classic!) Funk USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
ayaka First Message (2006) #996 USD $23.74 Buy It Now 3h 12m
DAVID DEVRIES - MESSAGER - MASSENET ETC - 23 TRACKS - SYMPOSIUM - SEALED USD $2.63 [0 bids]
Journey - When You Love a Woman/Message of Love [Single] (CD, 1996, Columbia) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
ASWAD ~ The Message ~ 12" Single PS USD $5.14 Buy It Now 4h 20m
John Fort e- Ninety Nine Plus Flash The Message - 12 LP 447870 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 4h 35m
The Message - The Best Of Old Skool Soul & Dance CD (1999) USD $1.31 [0 bids]
THE POLICE - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE - 70's - 7" VINYL USD $1.12 [0 bids]
Yellowman - Message To The World SEALED cassette tape USD $3.39 Buy It Now 5h 15m
WILSON MCKINLEY Message Brought To Us CD/TOP XIAN PSYCH/Fraction/Search Party USD $23.98 Buy It Now 5h 58m
EVERLY BROTHERS 7" vinyl record TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY -POOR JENNY USD $13.20 Buy It Now 6h 10m
EVERLY BROTHERS 7" vinyl record TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY--tri centre HLA 8863 USD $7.59 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Love Happy - Message Of Love, 12in UK Vinyl, C&C, Loveland, CJ Mackintosh USD $5.94 Buy It Now 6h 24m
THE POLICE_MEssage In A Bottle_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_B1a USD $9.06 Buy It Now 6h 26m
KAM - New Message ~ 12" Single US PRESS SEALED USD $14.51 Buy It Now 6h 34m
My Hope: Songs Inspired By The Message And Mission Of Billy Graham, My Hope: Son USD $8.56 Buy It Now 6h 34m
ARTIST JULIE CRIES 7" vinyl record BLUE IN HEAVEN / THE MESSAGE USD $5.27 Buy It Now 6h 36m
GOSH 7" record THE WISHING WELL &the wishing well message USD $5.14 Buy It Now 6h 40m
PRETENDERS 7" vinyl record A side MESSAGE OF LOVE year 1981 JUKE BOX READY USD $4.44 Buy It Now 6h 43m
PRETENDERS 7" vinyl record MESSAGE OF LOVE / PORCELAIN year 1981 USD $5.27 Buy It Now 6h 43m
THE POLICE 7" vinyl record MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE USD $4.33 Buy It Now 6h 46m
THE POLICE: MESSAGE IN A BOX SET USD $46.83 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Message To Our Ancestors LP Big Black African Bag Productions UNI 73012 VG USD $7.95 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Harold Loyd-A Message From Harold-Rare Elvis Presley Tribute 45 W/PS-N.Mint HEAR USD $12.74 Buy It Now 8h
JUDIE TZUKE PORTFOLIO A MESSAGE FROM RADIO CITY cassette tape album T1023 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 8h 26m
INTREPID - The Message... Unleashed! Digipack USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 30m
The O'Jays Message In The Music 1976 Vinyl LP Phil. Intn'l Records PZ 34245 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8h 31m
THE JACKAL - CLEAR MESSAGE EP - 12" RECORD/VINYL - SONDOS - SON 44 - USA - 2004 USD $9.23 Buy It Now 8h 34m
WE SHAPE SPACE - THE MESSAGE - 12" RECORD/VINYL - BOSTING RECORDS - BSTNT 106 USD $7.25 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Message for the Mess Age by NRBQ (CD, Feb-1994, Rhino (Label)) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 50m
CROWD YOU`LL NEVER WALK ALONE/MESSAGE 7" VINYL PIC SLV COMBINE POST USD $2.96 Buy It Now 9h 4m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"