MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

Songs From the Message - Way of LoveSongs From the Message - Way of Love
Sony 1997
MessageMessage
Long Island 1995

Message for the Mess Age by NRBQ (CD, Feb-1994, Rhino (Label)) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Make Calvary Real LP Connie & Lowell Lundstrom Christian gospel record Message USD $6.99 [1 bids]
Unheard Message 2011 by Tony Bailey (Disc Only) USD $3.24 Buy It Now 1h 54m
LOUNGE JAYS - Message a Rama 12" House USD $7.65 Buy It Now 2h 18m
AREA 51-MESSAGE FROM ANOTHER TIME(PROXYON,LASERDANCE,RYGAR.)-SWITZERLAND-CD-NEW- USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Jean-Pierre Jacquillat "Messager:The Two Pigeons" LP in SHRINK UK PRESS USD $2.47 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Club Nouveau - Listen To The Message LP USD $8.93 Buy It Now 3h 2m
message in a box (The Compete Recordings) Police 4 CD's USD $26.83 Buy It Now 3h 5m
(FU70) The Brute Chorus, Send Me A Message - DJ CD USD $2.54 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Welcome Home: A Special Message for Vietnam Veterans USD $299.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
mfsb love is the message ,LP , vinyl , (VG) USD $6.97 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Messager: Fortunio. USD $14.29 Buy It Now 3h 57m
THE GET OUTS - Get The Message - 13-track UK DJ Promo CD LP USD $19.15 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Inca Babies - Death Message Blues [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $9.11 Buy It Now 4h 16m
MFSB The Best Of mfsb Love Is The Message 16 track cd 1995 Excellent + Condition USD $11.36 Buy It Now 4h 36m
A Jazz Message [Remaster] by Art Blakey/Art Blakey Quartet (CD, Oct-1999, GRP... USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Arthur Baker & the Back Beat Disciples- The Message Is Love- CD Single USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Message To The World It's Midnight, Martin Luther King, Jr. LP Sealed Unopened ! USD $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Richard "Groove" Holmes, Richard Holmes Groove - Soul Message [New CD] Ltd Ed, J USD $14.08 Buy It Now 5h 5m
THE JAZZ MESSAGE of v/a MONO LP Orig. SAVOY MG-12064 RVG Mobley BYRD Clarke DG USD $69.99 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Message From a Drum/Cycles/Already Here [2/24] by Redbone (CD, Feb-2017,... USD $10.77 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Public Enemy - Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age [PA] (CD, May-1994, Def Jam (USA) USD $4.94 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Inca Babies - Death Message Blues [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $10.77 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Lanchbery MESSAGER The Two Pigeons - EMI ASD 2700381 SEALED USD $18.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
THE MESSAGE/LION OF THE DESERT USD $19.10 Buy It Now 5h 23m
FREDDY FENDER: Living It Down/ Take Her A Message I'm Lonely (45) - NM USD $0.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
WORLD PARTY 7" vinyl picture sleeve record MESSAGE IN THE BOX USD $7.65 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Nikolaj Steen: The message 12" vinyl record 6g USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 39m
TEEN 45 on RCA VICTOR - THE KANE TRIPLETS - "OH RICKY" / "LOVE MESSAGE" [VG+] USD $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 45m
SOFIA SHINAS THE MESSAGE 12" ORIG '92 PROMO DEEP HOUSE GARAGE MK MARC KINCHEN NM USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Message From A Drum/Cycles/Potlach - Redbone (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.71 Buy It Now 5h 55m
High Tension Wires - Send A Message - Dirtnap Records ZZZ-55 [CD] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
ROYAL HUNTE paradoxical message THE COMPLETE LIVE ON 03 Oct 1997 2CD USD $38.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Pretenders - Message Of Love - 1981 USD $1.28 [0 bids]
THE SOLDIERS - Message To You - 2011 CD+DVD - ROBIN GIBB USD $3.18 Buy It Now 6h 13m
THE POLICE - Regatta De Blanc - CD - WALKING ON THE MOON - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE USD $3.18 Buy It Now 6h 13m
Don Cherry ?- Take A Message To Mary LP?. VG+/VG+.Bill Justis/Cam Mullins. USD $1.26 [0 bids]
60s Jazz THE MITCHELL-RUFF TRIO After This Message NM EB328 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Bond, Bishop Nathaniel: Message of Faith Audio CD USD $7.49 Buy It Now 6h 18m
Love Happy - Message of Love - 12" Vinyl USD $1.28 [0 bids]
Rex Humbard Man With A Message / Cathedral Singers In Hawaii LP x 2 EX USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
PETERIS VASKS CD Message - Riga Philharmonic Orchestra - Conifer / BMG USD $12.75 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Electronic Get The Message Rock Synth-pop Indie Rock 1990s EX+ 7 " INCH 45RPM USD $4.15 [0 bids]
Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings [4 CD Box Set] USD $16.28 Buy It Now 6h 58m
NRBQ-MESSAGE FOR THE MESS AGE CD NEW USD $5.50 Buy It Now 7h
Pretenders Message Of Love USD $0.51 [0 bids]
AKIKO MIZUHARA-LOVE MESSAGE -JAPAN MINI LP CD Ltd/Ed F83 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Andr‚e Messager VERONIQUE, Lamoureux Concerts O/J-C Hartemann, 2CDs, EMI NEW USD $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 4m
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen to the Message CD MINT 1988 Funky R&B USD $1.10 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ Annual Message To Congress January 6, 1937 Vinyl LP 12" USD $12.00 [0 bids]
RENEGADES: Uomo Solo / Take A Message 45 (Italy, PS) Rock & Pop USD $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Dionne Warwick Live In Paris LP Featuring Message To Michael USD $2.99 [0 bids]
SAXMACHINE LOVE IS THE MESSAGE VINYL 12" SINGLE DANCE VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Police Sting Message in a Bottle Itlian 7" single USD $19.16 Buy It Now 7h 47m
EVERLY BROTHERS Poor Jenny/Take A Message To Mary 45 RPM Cadence Records USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7h 52m
FIGHTSTAR I Am The Message 2008 UK SIGNED / AUTOGRAPHED vinyl 7" UNPLAYED + CoA USD $23.00 Buy It Now 8h 2m
1201 LLOYD HEMMINGS-THE HEALER HAS COME-MESSAGE MESSAGE-REGGAE 45 7" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 8m
1212 AUGUSTUS PABLO-GOLDEN SEAL -MESSAGE MESSAGE-- REGGAE 45 7" USD $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 12m
SHADOW RADIO BROADCASTS SEALED CD - Isle of Fear / Message from the Hills USD $12.95 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Richard "Groove" Holmes, Richard Holmes Groove - Soul Message [New CD] Ltd Ed, J USD $11.42 Buy It Now 8h 16m
1223 JACOB MILLER-LOVE IS A MESSAGE-MONEY DISC 1972-REGGAE 45 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 16m
WHATNAUTS-MESSAGE FROM A BLACK MAN CD NEW USD $12.66 Buy It Now 8h 24m
LIMITED German History Double Cassette HIDDEN TRACK message by Michael Jackson USD $89.90 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings [Box] by The Police (CD, Sep-1993,... USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
BEE GEES - I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU - GERMANY 45 SINGLE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 39m
Glitterbox: Love Is The Message (uk) 0826194350321 by Simon Dunmore, CD, NEW USD $15.95 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Sending A Message-Contemporary Indigenous-CD-2002-Frank Yamma-Blake Ralph-12782 USD $22.66 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Twenty4-7 - Last Message [New CD] Japan - Import USD $47.50 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Various:The Message - the Best of Old Skool Soul CD (1999)***MINT CD***FREE POST USD $6.38 Buy It Now 8h 58m
2 Generations 1 Message [VINYL] Oppressed/Wasted You Vinyl USD $47.08 Buy It Now 9h 3m
CYMANDE/ZION I&THE MESSAGE JANUS ROOTS REGGAE 45 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age 0731452336224 by Public Enemy, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $8.46 Buy It Now 9h 5m
THE ORBITS MESSAGE OF LOVE/I REALLY DO FLAIR-X 5000 M- USD $179.99 [0 bids]
ART BLAKEY QUARTET: A Jazz Message USA IMPULSE MCA KM Vinyl LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 9h 30m
*VERY RARE PRIVATE PRESSING* Bill & Lola Chaflin - The Message (w/Custom Jacket) USD $24.99 [0 bids]
STL Message Of Sound Part 1 12" NEW VINYL Echocord Stephan Laubner Luke Hess Qua USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Sting - Russians / Gabriel's Message 7" single (A&M - 1985) (The Police) USD $3.82 [0 bids]
Nelson Eddy "Because/Message" 78rpm Columbia Masterworks #MM 571(Grn Label) USD $10.50 Buy It Now 10h
(HD224) The Grates, Sukkafish / Message - DJ CD USD $3.13 Buy It Now 10h 15m
Divy Nelson Message To The Moon CD Heres To Us World Spins On Like Salt To Me USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
MISTRESS OF THE DEAD - Henriette's Message CD 2011 - Funeral Doom UDOM USD $6.39 [0 bids]
Soul Sealed Lp Nicholas Words Can'T Express On Message USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CLUB NOUVEAU Japan 1988 32XD-1053 NM CD+Obi LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
BUDDY MILES: A Message To The People LP MERCURY RECORDS SRM1608 US 1970 NM-  USD $21.24 Buy It Now 10h 34m
Giel: The Message Behind the Music Giel Audio CD USD $32.57 Buy It Now 10h 35m
12" BOOGIE Barbara Joyce LuLu 2000 Message In The Love USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 36m
JOHN LANCHBERRY messager the two pigeons LP Mint- ASD 2700381 Audiophile DMM USD $17.50 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Club Nouveau - Listen To The Message - LP Record VG VG USD $5.18 Buy It Now 11h 3m
CD: ELECTRONIC Get The Message The Best Of Electronic NM USD $18.00 Buy It Now 11h 7m
PIERRE GROSCOLAS: Le Messager / De L'or 45 (Brazil, 33rpm, '72, promo stamp on USD $12.00 Buy It Now 11h 11m
CAROLE SERRAT Japan 1991 NM CD MESSAGE EN ROUGE sings by JAPANESE SONG YUMI ARAI USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Dave Specter - Message in Blue [New CD] USD $14.55 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Original Message Audio CD USD $35.58 Buy It Now 11h 25m
EDDY'S GROOP Message to the world So fine BT Puppy promo Tokens USD $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 33m
Paul Ott Gives A Message To Mankind (Spectator Records UMC 2722) USD $7.50 Buy It Now 11h 36m
(CC761) Music Automatir, Message From Mars - 2011 DJ CD USD $7.35 Buy It Now 11h 42m
A Message To Martha 7in Vinyl (Adam Faith - 1964) R 5201 (ID:14878) USD $5.74 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age USD $2.50 Buy It Now 11h 55m
Dave Specter - Message in Blue [New CD] USD $14.25 Buy It Now 11h 57m
The Lucy Show LP 12" single New Message 1987 Big Time records USD $10.95 Buy It Now 12h 7m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"