MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

Songs From the Message - Way of LoveSongs From the Message - Way of Love
Sony 1997

MFSB FEATURING THE THREE DEGREES/LOVE IS THE MESSAGE JP USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Get The Message Electronic 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK FAC287R FACTORY USD $14.69 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Police Message In A Bottle 7" vinyl single record UK AMS7474 A&M 1979 USD $12.23 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Marion Williams vinyl LP album record The New Message UK 588195 ATLANTIC 1969 USD $29.47 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Inxs I Send A Message - Envelope Sleeve Australian 7" vinyl single record USD $22.09 Buy It Now 2h 59m
As One The Message In Herbie's Shirts 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) UK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Message In A Bottle Dance Floor Virus UK CD single (CD5 / 5") DAN661491 SONY USD $11.68 Buy It Now 3h 13m
INO HIDEFUMI LIVING MESSAGE IRCD-0002 CD JAPAN USD $33.36 Buy It Now 3h 17m
ILLINOIS JACQUET The Message LP ARGO 722 US 1963 Kenny Burrell Ben Tucker MONO USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Brian Kennedy Put The Message In The Box - Pt1 UK CD single (CD5 / 5") USD $12.29 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Arthur Baker The Message Is Love 7" vinyl single record UK USA668 USD $12.23 Buy It Now 3h 37m
ESD 7048 MESSAGER Les deux Pigeons & Isoline c/w LALO PIERNE EMI LP USD $6.28 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Illinois Jaquet 12" LP The Message StereoCA 722 Cadet USD $2.45 [0 bids]
ARTHUR BAKER "THE MESSAGE IS LOVE" 7" 45 VINYL RECORD SINGLE USD $1.50 Buy It Now 5h 5m
WORLD PARTY MESSAGE IN A BOX ORIG NME 1990 Magazine Advert Poster Size # USD $11.06 Buy It Now 5h 25m
The Pretenders - Message Of Love / Porcelain, Real ARE-15 Ex- Jukebox Ready USD $2.69 Buy It Now 5h 27m
SOFIA SHINAS - THE MESSAGE, ORG 1982 USA 5-TRACK vinyl 12", NEW! FREE SHIPPING! USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
J.R. MONTEROSE THE MESSAGE JAPAN MINI LP CD NM w/OBI MTCJ-1089 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Lenny Hambro: Message From Hambro NEW CD USD $11.48 Buy It Now 5h 38m
MELBOURNE REID - SONGS OF HOPE AND FAITH - ADVENT MESSAGE - 1979 - USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Don Cherry (Vocals): There Goes My Everything / Take A Message To Mary NEW CD USD $14.97 Buy It Now 5h 49m
INXS "I Send A Message" Great Oz 7" USD $3.40 Buy It Now 6h 10m
STING LIVE ON TFI FRIDAY TOUCH ME MESSAGE SUNSET 3 TRACK LIVE CD FREE POSTAGE USD $36.90 [0 bids]
DAVID LEE ROTH van halen PICTURE FLEXI SHEET Message X6315 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Grandmaster Flash Sticker! "The Message" The Sugarhill Gang, the Furious, Bumper USD $4.61 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Grandmaster Flash Bumper Sticker! "The Message", The Sugarhill Gang, the Furious USD $4.61 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Carsten Dahl - Message from Bud - Carsten Dahl CD VYVG USD $16.98 Buy It Now 7h 13m
REDBONE " MESSAGE FROM A DRUM " 1972 LP VINYL RECORD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
REDBONE MESSAGE FROM A DRUM ORIGINAL U.S PRESSING GATEFOLD EXCELLENT VINYL USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 21m
The Whatnauts: Message From A Black Man: A Golden Classics Edition NEW CD USD $13.97 Buy It Now 7h 21m
Inxs I Send A Message , Mechanical German 12" USD $22.99 Buy It Now 8h
Trans-X: Message On The Radio 45 - Mirage USD $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Sting Russians, Gabriel's Message + 1 live German 12" USD $13.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Sting Russians, Gabriel's Message Usa 12" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Men Without Hats I Got The Message Europe 12" USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Sting Russians, Gabriel's Message Uk 12" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Electronic Get The Message Us 12" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 5m
2/6/90Pgn23 Advert: World Party message In The Box The New Single 15x11 USD $13.53 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Men Without Hats I Got The Message long &* short Us Dj 12" USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 6m
25/12/82Pgn18 Illustrated Lyrics To the Message Grand Masterflash (SUE COE) USD $13.53 Buy It Now 8h 11m
30/11/85PN10 ADVERT: STING SINGLE RUSSIANS B.W GABRIELS MESSAGE 15X11 USD $13.53 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Trans X Living On Video, Message On The Radio 12" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
7/2/81PGN24 ADVERT: THE PRETENDERS SINGLE MESSAGE OF LOVE 15X11 USD $13.53 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Inxs I Send A Message Us Dj 12" 2 mixes USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Electronic Get The Message German 12" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 19m
ELECTRONIC - 'GET THE MESSAGE' - CD SINGLE - INDIE USD $3.06 [0 bids]
45 RPM - THE EVERLY BROTHERS - TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY USD $0.99 [0 bids]
NEW Universal Message (Audio CD) USD $49.02 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Pharoah Sanders - Message From Home - CD Album USD $12.92 Buy It Now 8h 45m
Various Artists-The Message - The Roots Of Rap CD CD Very Good USD $3.08 Buy It Now 8h 57m
JUICY {80s Soul Funk} LOVE'S A MERRY-GO-'ROUND / SING THE MESSAGE ?hear NM USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 9m
The Move - Message From The Country LP UK 1971 G+/EX # Prog # Jeff Lynne USD $49.22 Buy It Now 9h 12m
`Barretto, Ray`-The Message VINYL LP NEW USD $18.75 Buy It Now 9h 24m
20/4/91 Pgn11 Advert: get The Message Electronic New Single Out Now 15x11 USD $13.53 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Hank Mobley JAZZ MESSAGE #2 SAVOY MG 12092 DG LP VG++ USD $497.77 Buy It Now 9h 46m
THE POLICE Message In a Box 4 CD Box Set Greatest Hits Best Of Collection USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Best of Bee Gees by Bee Gees (CD) I've Gotta Get a Message to You, Words USD $12.08 Buy It Now 9h 47m
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL Gotta Get Message Back To You UK 1977 EPIC EPC 5665 DEMO USD $18.46 [0 bids]
EVERLY BROTHERS.TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY / POOR JENNY.UK ORIG 7".VG+ USD $5.84 Buy It Now 10h 28m
GUIDED MEDITATION CD FOR SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING, BRAIN WAVES, SUBCONSCIOUS PEACE USD $3.31 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Bee Gees - Gotta Get A Message To You LP USD $5.23 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Public Enemy : Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age CD (1998) Def Jam Records USD $6.09 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Dionne Warwick 45 RPM Record-Message To Michael USD $1.00 [0 bids]
USD $1.50 Buy It Now
LENNY HAMBRO: Message From Hambro LP (Mono, 2 neat clear taped seams) Jazz USD $20.00 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Pop 45 Journey - When You Love A Woman / Message Of Love On Columbia USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 19m
O'JAYS - MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC 7" VINYL USD $6.14 Buy It Now 11h 35m
2 Guy Lombardo 45's Wilcox and a Personal Message USD $19.95 Buy It Now 11h 55m
The Message - The Roots Of Rap : Various Artists (2008) - CD USD $1.22 [0 bids]
Bee Gees : I've Got A Message ToYou / Kitty Can ; JAPAN Polydor 7"45 Pic. Sleeve USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Q Burns Abstract Message Hes A Skull 12" Vinyl USD $11.69 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Message In A Vial - It Is Written (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.80 Buy It Now 12h 10m
MESSAGE: Smile / Painted Lady 45 (Germany, PS, re) Rock & Pop USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
THE POLICE, MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE / LANDLORD. ORIGINAL 1979 A&M SINGLE USD $1.22 [1 bids]
The Lenny Hambro Quintet 3x45 7" EP Message from Hambro Columbia 757 Rare PS USD $9.74 Buy It Now 12h 33m
HRH PRINCESS ELIZABETH MESSAGE TO CHILDREN 1940 HMV 78RPM RECORD RBS9111 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Georges Cziffra / Message to All Pianists / Message A Tous Les PIanistes - Bra.. USD $19.94 Buy It Now 12h 42m
By Divine Right - Mutant Message [CD New] USD $7.16 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Vintage Pope John Paul ii "A Message of Peace" Vinyl Record 1984 Dynawest Sealed USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
MARION WILLIAMS - The New Message LP 1969 Black Gospel NMINT USD $21.58 Buy It Now 12h 44m
The Specials A Message To You Rudy AA Sided Single Two-Tone 1979 VG+ Condition.. USD $1.85 [1 bids]
The Message by Andrea Begley (CD, Oct-2013, Capitol) The Voice UK USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
HOWLIN' WOLF - MESSAGE TO THE YOUNG, CD, IMPORT USD $2.95 [1 bids]
NEW Abstract Message (Audio CD) USD $56.56 Buy It Now 13h 21m
Preaching the "End-Time" Message * by Eyehategod. USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
We Get the Message [Digipak] by Oscar Pettiford Quartet. USD $22.38 Buy It Now 13h 25m
NEW The Message: Psalms (Audio CD) USD $7.51 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Benny Golson/Curtis Fuller-California Message-Baystate 8013-JAPAN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 57m
The Police "Message In A Box" CDs USD $6.50 Buy It Now 14h 12m
1 CENT CD Message - Revival USD $0.01 [2 bids]
THE MESSAGE: PSALMS - VARIOUS ARTISTS (CD 2005) USD $6.29 Buy It Now 14h 21m
INXS_I Send A Message_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_shD2f USD $9.06 Buy It Now 14h 21m
USED (VG) Love Is the Message (2000) (Audio CD) USD $8.26 Buy It Now 14h 22m
JUDIE TZUKE Portfolio - A Message From Radio City (CD 1988) CDP 32 1640 2 USD $4.91 [0 bids]
JUDIE TZUKE Portfolio - A Message From Radio City (CD 1988) MPCD 1640 USD $4.91 [0 bids]
Original Vintage July 2009 MESSAGE FROM SID ROTH Interview CD 211 USD $9.92 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Original Vintage March 2012 MESSAGE FROM SID Roth Interview CD 211 USD $9.92 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Original Vintage MINT September 2012 MESSAGE FROM SID Roth Interview CD 211 USD $9.92 Buy It Now 14h 40m
MFSB - LOVE IS THE MESSAGE - LP - US STUDIO BAND USD $7.55 Buy It Now 14h 40m
Original Vintage MINT July 2012 MESSAGE FROM SID Roth Interview CD 211 USD $9.92 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Original Vintage MINT August 2011 MESSAGE FROM SID Roth Interview CD 211 USD $9.92 Buy It Now 14h 43m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"