MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
From Books & DreamsFrom Books & Dreams
Citystudio Media Production

Message to the Young - Howlin Wolf New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $15.35 Buy It Now
BOYZONE - LET THE MESSAGE RUN FREE - GREAT BUY PRICED TO CLEAR VERY CHEAP USD $1.75 Buy It Now
HARRY LAUDER - Breakfast In Bed / The Message Boy 78 rpm disc USD $5.18 Buy It Now
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen to the Message CD Classic 80s Rock Better Way Whats Going USD $7.49 Buy It Now
78rpm 12" ELSA STRALIA the message of the rose , single side USD $32.45 Buy It Now
The Police - Message In A Bottle - 1979 UK - A&M - AMS 7474 USD $6.42 Buy It Now
BARTOS, Karl - I'm The Message - Vinyl (limited 12") USD $13.98 Buy It Now
GRAND MASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE The Message 12" SINGLE vinyl LP PROMO Rap USD $18.00 [0 bids]
USD $24.00 Buy It Now
Juju "A Message From Mozambique" SEALED Reissue Jazz/Folk/World/Afrobeat USD $17.99 Buy It Now
The Specials A Message To You Rudy (16872) 7" Single 1980 Chrysalis CHS TT5 USD $12.97 Buy It Now
Message in a Bottle: Original Soundtrack [SOUNDTRACK], Original Soundtrack, Very USD $1.80 Buy It Now
Listen to the Message by Club Nouveau (Cassette, 1988, Warner Bros.) USD $6.11 Buy It Now
Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace: A message by Michael L. Brown (Audio CD) USD $7.95 Buy It Now
Pressing In For A Breakthrough: A message by Michael L. Brown (Audio CD) USD $7.95 Buy It Now
COLONEL ABRAMS "LEAVE THE MESSAGE BEHIND THE DOOR/(INSTRUMENTAL)" 1984 SOUL VG+ USD $3.00 Buy It Now
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen To The Message VG+ Vinyl LP USD $1.50 [0 bids]
PAUL MAURIAT MESSAGE D'AMOUR 1979 JAPAN ONLY CD 20P2-1015 ULTRA RARE W/OBI USD $34.99 [0 bids]
BREED 77 | SIGNED CD SINGLE "The Message" | L@@K RARE! USD $6.48 [0 bids]
ADAM FAITH MESSAGE TO MARTHA 45 PARLOPHONE 1964 USD $0.65 [0 bids]
Soul Message Richard "Groove" Holmes Prestige Stereo Vinyl LP Record R20 USD $11.24 Buy It Now
Wu tang Clan CAPPADONNA Love is Message / We Know PROMO DJ CD single Da brat USD $14.24 Buy It Now
NEW Message From the Other Side (Vinyl) USD $49.03 Buy It Now
Together Forever, An inspirational message, Church of Latter-Day Saints USD $3.89 Buy It Now
MFSB Love Is The Message LP Philadelphia International KZ-32707 Soul Train Theme USD $7.99 Buy It Now
THOMAS FRY MESSAGE TO TWO YOUNG LADIES - WORD LP W-3258 USD $8.00 Buy It Now
A. Messager - Veronique-Comp Opera [CD New] USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Message In A Box - Complete Police Recordings USD $12.00 [0 bids]
THE BEE GEES. I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU. 1968. EX CONDITION. USD $2.58 [0 bids]
BEE GEES " I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU " VG VINTAGE 1968 45 RPM USD $0.65 [1 bids]
Gaubert, Jeanjean, Saint-Saens, Messager~David Harman & John York~SEALED/NEW USD $22.95 Buy It Now 30s
Merrell Fankhauser m- LP Message to the Universe USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11m 14s
CD Wydown "Message From The Yes Man" progressive rock 2005 USD $2.50 Buy It Now 18m 30s
Message From the Godfather USD $6.98 Buy It Now 22m 46s
Howlin' Wolf - Message To The Young [CD New] USD $7.97 Buy It Now 35m 30s
Grand Master Flash/The Furious Five - The Message (7" Vinyl Record,45rpm,1980s) USD $12.97 [0 bids]
49m 46s
A MESSAGE FOR AMERICANS BY JOHN SALISBURY USD $14.99 Buy It Now 52m 51s
And the Message Is Love Audio CD LikeNew USD $6.99 Buy It Now 56m 33s
Bernard Cribbins - A Personal Message - Hornby Railways USD $7.79 Buy It Now 59m 44s
Johnson, Rev Andrew Sending a Message to All Drug Dealers CD ***NEW*** USD $13.96 Buy It Now 1h
Tim Hollier m- record LP Message to a Harlequin USD $9.75 Buy It Now 1h 2m
POLICE CDx3 Message in a Box MEDIA AMERICA radio show promo only AUDIOPHILE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
MESSAGE TO BEARS - Carved From Tides. rare UK 9 track CD (Buy 3 = Free P USD $3.49 [1 bids]
betty roche 7" i just got the message baby 45-11054 PROMO vg+ USD $44.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Unable to Leave Message on a Delicate Matter by Wintermittens (CD Dec-1997 Bent) USD $3.97 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Golden Empire - The Message (CD) USD $2.58 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Christmas Message - Kirk Whalum (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.26 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Inxs I Send A Message / Mechanical German 7" Single USD $25.95 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Ray Charles A Message From The People Record USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
BBMak - Still On Your Side, 5 Track Sampler & Message & CD-ROM Weblink, Promo CD USD $1.93 [0 bids]
Christmas Message USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Tubby Hayes & Ronnie Scott/Jazz Couriers-Message From Britain-Jazzland 34-SHRINK USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
MARION WILLIAMS The New Message LP Atlantic 1969 Black Gospel USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 13m
CURTIS AMY & PAUL BRYANT: The Blues Message LP (2 neat clear taped seams) rare USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 24m
HOLGER CZUKAY MESSAGE TO THE SALES FORCE/ODE TO PERFUME 12" PROMO 45 UK RARE DJ USD $129.78 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Q-Burns Abstract Message . Feng Shui . CD USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
MITCHELL-RUFF -After the Message ~ATLANTIC 1458 {nm orig} w/Helcio Milito - RARE USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Brian Kennedy ?- Put The Message In The Box Cat No. 74321 462272 CD Single USD $1.28 [0 bids]
The Message - DSFZ (CD RARE OOP Tx rap USD $4.50 [0 bids]
3h
Message To The World [VINYL] The Gorillas Vinyl USD $17.70 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Brian Kennedy Put The Message In The Box CD1 Single USD $7.77 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Howlin' Wolf Message To The Young CH 50002 / 1971 Promo Primo White Label Rare USD $65.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
MESSAGE KRAUTROCK LP 1975 MEGARARE MADE PORTUGAL DECCA SLPDX INSERT W/ LYRICS USD $32.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
The Meters "A message from The Meters - Zony" Josie Records Soul Funk 45 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Hear! Folk Promo 45 Ralph Harrison - California Bloodlines / The Message On Gram USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Hear! Garage Promo 45 The Young Men - Get The Message / What Am I Gonna Do On Vi USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Sugar Pie - Message From Home [CD New] USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
DONALD LAUTREC - LE RYTHME DE LA JEUNESSE - LP RARE USD $14.50 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Concious Message ? In The Mood DUB Selection JAPAN CD W/OBI Reggae, DUB #21-1 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
The World Wide Message Tribe - Heatseeker- 1998 CD album (very good condition) USD $5.33 Buy It Now 4h 21m
God's Message In Song~The Chordmaster's Quartet~Private Label Xian~FAST SHIPPING USD $49.95 Buy It Now 4h 30m
THE POLICE - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE 1979 UK 7" GREEN VINYL EX/EX USD $6.48 [0 bids]
"R&B Soul" "Grandmaster Flash" "Greatest Message's" "Rare LP" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Meters A Message from The Meters (2-CD Set) R&B USD $21.21 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Seventh-day Adventist Righteousness By Faith Conference MP3 CD/1888 Message USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 56m
WILL JIMA The Ufo Message RARE 1974 PRIVATE PSYCH SPOKEN WORD UFO CULT LP!! USD $200.00 Buy It Now 5h 7m
LITTLE OSCAR funk 45 The Message / I Tried - NM USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5h 15m
MOJOBONE - Crossroad Message - JAPAN CD - stoner hard rock USD $8.00 [0 bids]
CHUCK SMITH & ERICK NELSON a message on praise fairest lord jesus 7" Flexi Disc USD $65.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
The Police - Message in a Bottle/Landlord 7" 45 w/foldout poster sleeve (A USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
BRAND NEW "Message Music" CD by: K2S USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Message - Flash Grandmaster New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $15.37 Buy It Now 5h 43m
PAUL OTT CARRUTH Gives A Message To Mankind LP Vinyl UMC-2722 Folk T-906 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Portfolio - A Message From Radio City, , Good USD $2.84 Buy It Now 6h 25m
MITCHELL-RUFF TRIO After This Message JAZZ LP SHRINK ATLANTIC Blue USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Kenny Rogers Fan Club Record 1980 A Personal Message From Kenny Rogers USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE RIVERA ROTATION REMIX SLIP129 LP Ff6081 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
MESSAGE TO ATTILA (FEAT. PAT METHENY,MIKE STERN U CD NEW+ USD $25.74 Buy It Now 6h 50m
The Message From The Mountains Doug Cox~RARE Xian Spoken Word/Inspiration~INSERT USD $17.95 Buy It Now 7h
Love Is The Message: The Best Of MFSB (Mother Father Sister Brother) (CD 1995) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7h
ANDRAE CROUCH & THE DISCIPLES "TAKE THE MESSAGE EVERYWHERE" LP 1968 GOSPEL CHRIS USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 6m
SH-594 Melle Mel & Duke Bootee Message II Survival 1982 USD $22.48 Buy It Now 7h 47m
The Message by 4HIM Audio CD - 1996 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Jetpack Missing Send a Message CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 55m
ELECTRONIC Get The Message 7" VINYL Issued As Promo With Stickered White Paper USD $10.89 Buy It Now 7h 58m
J.R.Montrose " The Message"...Jaro Stereo...FSR 678...Spain...Blue Lable USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
The Message: 14 Jazz Masterpieces Various Artists (CD Affinity) Import LIKE NEW USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
J.R.Montrose " The Message"...Jaro International...JAM-5004..Rank Records (3) USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8h 45m
THE BEST OF MFSB 99 cent cd LOVE IS THE MESSAGE 1 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Gorillas~Message To The World~SEALED/NEW~Damaged Goods Records~FAST SHIPPING USD $29.65 Buy It Now 8h 47m
1970 ANDRAE CROUCH & DISCIPLES take the message everywhere Debut 1st vinyl LP USD $28.88 Buy It Now 8h 47m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"