MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
DANCE FLOOR VIRUS Message In A Bottle 3-Track 12'' (1995) 662374 6 USD $6.09 Buy It Now 32m 34s
ART ENSEMBLE OF CHICAGO: A JACKSON IN YOUR HOUSE/MESSAGE TO O.FOLKS... 2 CD NEW+ USD $19.83 Buy It Now 37m 19s
WHAM! LIKE A BABY MESSAGE FROM WHAM! 075P336 EP wm3499 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
40m 1s
Roger Hallmark 45 A Message To Khomeini/Maharishi Vulcan records 1979 #V-10004 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 41m 4s
Augustus Pablo 7" 45 HEAR REGGAE Struggle In Soweto MESSAGE ROCKERS USD $6.00 Buy It Now 45m 25s
Message From A Drum - Redbone (2015, Vinyl New) USD $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Augustus Pablo 7" 45 HEAR REGGAE Anzania Blacka Black MESSAGE USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
DJ Adlib "Spread The Message" 2006 Germany Turntable Jazz, TTJ12-001 UNIQUE VG++ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
RAY CHARLES - A MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE - ABC LP - IN SHRINK USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Club Nouveau - Listen to the Message 1988 Cassette SEALED R&B USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
ROBERT BANKS The Message LP Verve V/5016 mono original NM gospel folk USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
{PRE}PRINCE BUSTER - MESSAGE FROM A BLACK MAN/ DON'T DECEIVE ME/ ROCKSTEADY 7" USD $108.50 [12 bids]
Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings [Box] by The Police (CD, Sep-1993,... USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
The Message: The Story of Sugarhill Records by Various Artists 4CD Box Set USD $25.99 Buy It Now 4h
Cymande - The Message - 7" 45 RPM ('72 J 203) USD $18.22 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Buddy Miles - A Message To The People - LP ('70 SRM1-608) USD $10.22 Buy It Now 4h 14m
EVERLY BROTHERS "TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY / POOR JENNY" 45 USD $2.50 Buy It Now 6h 34m
CARL BUTLER & PEARL "I'M HANGING UP THE PHONE / JUST A MESSAGE" 45 USD $2.75 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Love Happy - Message Of Love - MCA - 1995 #79674 USD $10.64 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Al Green - And the Message is Love - 15 Songs - A&M label CD (1994) Good as New! USD $4.22 [0 bids]
MESSAGE by Aya Ueto W/OBI Promo Japan CD+DVD USD $8.01 Buy It Now 7h 28m
The SPINNERS - She's Gonna Love Me / Message V.I.P. 25050 45rpm Northern Soul USD $17.95 Buy It Now 7h 29m
PUBLIC ENEMY 'MUSE SICK N HOUR MESS AGE' 17-TRACK CD SEALED USD $10.64 Buy It Now 8h 57m
MFSB - Love Is The Message LP IN SHRINK! 1973 Philly Soul Funk Groove Jazz USD $15.55 Buy It Now 9h 3m
We Don't Get What We Deserve, World Wide Message Tribe, Good USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
DANCE FLOOR VIRUS Message In A Bottle OZ 3 Track CD Single 1995 Sting / Police USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 42m
PRINCE FAR I 'MESSAGE FROM THE KING' CD NEW+ USD $14.21 Buy It Now 10h 44m
WORLD PARTY Put The Message In The Box 45 White Label Promo USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 51m
SPECIALS A Message To You Rudy 1979 UK Press ADVERT 12x8" 2 TONE USD $15.15 Buy It Now 10h 54m
PUBLIC ENEMY - Muse Sick N Hour Message / Cassette Album Tape / 2142 USD $13.69 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Kim Clement 6 CD Message Of The Month Lot USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11h 54m
THE BEE GEES_I've Gotta Get A Message To You_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS_H4c USD $34.43 Buy It Now 12h 7m
78 RPM RARE CHRISTMAS MESSAGE ON COLUMBIA PERSONAL 3-P SEE/ EE- USD $35.00 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Barry White,The message is love.Vinyl.lp.See conditions. USD $3.81 [0 bids]
RICHARD GROOVE HOLMES Soul message / Song for my father JAZZ 7" HEAR Prestige USD $30.44 Buy It Now 12h 40m
THE POLICE- MESSAGE IN A BOX (THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS) REMASTERED USD $13.70 [0 bids]
MAYNARD FERGUSON: MESSAGE FROM MAYNARD; 1964 ROULETTE BIRDLAND 52101 VG++ LP USD $11.00 Buy It Now 13h 37m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - MESSAGE OF LOVE - THE PRETENDERS - ARE15 USD $10.64 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Johnny Hammond Smith - Gettin' The Message LP Stereo Prestige Bergenfield RVG NM USD $14.99 [0 bids]
REGGAE MESSAGE 45 AUGUSTUS PABLO MINSTREL CHANTS/LOVE CHANT DUB ? USD $6.00 Buy It Now 14h 38m
BoA: Message / Call my name (2013) Japan / CD & DVD TAIWAN USD $15.79 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Cliff Richard Christmas candle your own message Personalised Gift by Cellini USD $19.78 Buy It Now 14h 44m
GRANDMASTER FLASH - THE MESSAGE - 1982 SUGAR HILL UK PRESS 12" VINYL SINGLE USD $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 45m
ELETRONIC - GET THE MESSAGE - CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE USD $7.60 Buy It Now 15h
ELECTRONIC - GET THE MESSAGE 7" A2 B1 FACTORY 1991 BARELY PLAYED NEAR MINT USD $10.58 Buy It Now 15h
Messager Two Pigeons + Delibes La Source LP USD $7.42 Buy It Now 15h 17m
The Miracle of the Rosary - Vinyl LP Record - Miracle Album and Fatima Message USD $33.99 Buy It Now 15h 17m
MFSB LOVE IS THE MESSAGE VINYL (UK) 33RPM 180GM NEW USD $37.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
Pit Er Pat - 3d Message (2002) - Used - Compact Disc USD $1.98 Buy It Now 15h 32m
MESSAGE DUB 45 AUGUSTUS PABLO CORNER STONE DUB / FREEDOM STEP ? USD $6.00 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Every Little Thing - 14 message every ballad songs 2 - Japan CD - NEW - J-POP USD $14.24 Buy It Now 15h 54m
The First Christmas Classical Christmas Tales New Sealed Positive Message, Music USD $14.76 Buy It Now 16h 7m
AS ONE THE MESSAGE IN HERBIE'S SHIRTS 2 x 12" vinyl CLEAR 1996 Kirk Degiorgio USD $18.26 [0 bids]
Cd TOKIMEKI MEMORIAL Message AYAKO KATAGIRI Anime USD $42.00 Buy It Now 16h 27m
ADAM FAITH ~ A MESSAGE TO MARTHA ~ 1964 ~ PARLOPHONE ~ U.K. 45 USD $2.27 [0 bids]
Atlanta Rhythm Section 45 Don't Miss The Message/Neon Nites Polydor Records 1976 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 35m
Cellini Candle Cards Cliff Richard Christmas Own Message Personalised Gift USD $10.64 Buy It Now 16h 45m
Cellini Candle Cards John Lennon personalised birthday gift with own message USD $10.64 Buy It Now 16h 48m
PROFESSOR EGON PETRI Love's Message/Dance Of The Gnomes 78 HMV B3718 USD $19.78 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Maynard Ferguson Echoes of an Era LP RE-116 A Message from Newport SEALED NEW USD $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
THE ALLEN FAMILY - SINGS THE MESSAGE IN SONG (3082) G+/VG cond. Awsome songs! USD $3.00 Buy It Now 17h 9m
VINYL LP - BEE GEES - GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU - 2870 404 USD $13.69 Buy It Now 17h 10m
Best Of-Message From Beat Stre - Grandmaster Flash & Furious 5 (1994, CD New) USD $15.22 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Grandmaster Flash & Furious 5 - Best Of-Message From Beat Stre [CD New] USD $14.73 Buy It Now 17h 16m
AUGUSTUS PABLO East of the River Nile LP NEW VINYL Message 180g King Tubby Roots USD $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 23m
The Pretenders "Message of Love "/"Porcelain" UK 7" P/S USD $3.81 Buy It Now 17h 38m
Cd TAKASHI SORIMACHI Message J-POP 1997 Japan Version USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Yoko Ono An Xmas Message From Yoko USA Promo CD Single USD $26.99 Buy It Now 17h 46m
H6-6 Vinyl Record Album 45 ATCO The Bee Gees Kitty Can Ive Gotta Get A Message! USD $27.95 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Redbone - Message From a Drum on Epic Records KE30815, Lp VG, cover VG+ USD $7.50 [0 bids]
Introducing Andrea Melodious Message - Andrea Tribitt (2011, CD New) USD $11.01 Buy It Now 18h
Andrea Tribitt - Introducing Andrea Melodious Message [CD New] USD $12.14 Buy It Now 18h 5m
The Lundstroms / Empty Chairs + 3 / Message E-263 / 4 Song EP / 33 RPM / Vinyl USD $1.80 Buy It Now 18h 8m
ANDRAE CROUCH & DISCIPLES LP-TAKE THE MESSAGE EVERYWHERE/LIGHT REC. LS-5504 VG++ USD $5.98 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Club Nouveau Listen to Message 1988 Warner Bros Sealed LP R&B SWING No Cutouts USD $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 34m
? BOMBSHELL ROCKS - The Will, The Message // Swedish street punk 1999 ? USD $5.99 [0 bids]
DEAR Heartful Message [8 TRACKS] JAPAN CD IMPORT 1992 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 43m
Message of Peace by Sean Tyrrell (2 CD Set, 2009, Import) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Message Of The Sea, David Russell, Acceptable USD $7.36 Buy It Now 19h
Best Of-Message From Beat Stre - Grandmaster Flash & Furious (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.73 Buy It Now 19h 18m
Laurel Emryss Welcome To Heaven Serenity Musical Meditation / Message CD USD $4.49 Buy It Now 19h 19m
(FX430) The Message - The Best Of Old Skool Soul & Dance - 1999 CD USD $7.77 [0 bids]
Gabriels Message One Thousand Years of Carols Mini Disc Minidisk MD USD $54.99 Buy It Now 19h 37m
1257 AUGUSTUS PABLO-MINSTREL CHANTS-MESSAGE MESSAGE-REGGAE 45 7" USD $19.00 Buy It Now 19h 46m
1257 AUGUSTUS PABLO-STRUGGLE IN SOWETTO-MESSAGE-1984 REGGAE 45 7" USD $19.00 Buy It Now 19h 47m
MACHINE HEAD MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE RARE CD ARGENTINA PROMO USD $22.99 Buy It Now 19h 51m
The Bee Gees! I've Gotta A Message for You/Kitty Can! Atco 7" 45 45-6603 VG++/NM USD $3.49 [0 bids]
THREE DEGREES love is the message JAPAN 7" ECPB-292-PH USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 16m
Messager: Fortunio / Gardiner by Colette Alliot-Lugaz (CD, 2 Discs, Erato (USA)) USD $29.95 Buy It Now 20h 17m
THE GAINORS- A MESSAGE WITH FLOWERS- SHES MY LOLLIPOP- 45RPM- RECORD- USD $57.00 Buy It Now 20h 20m
Messager: Véronique J-C HARTEMANN, MADY MESPLÉ, MICHEL DENS (2 CD, EMI) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 20h 32m
northern soul KING DIAMOND A Message to the Black Woman POWERHOUSE DJ listen!! USD $25.00 Buy It Now 20h 36m
GERMAN History Michael Jackson FIRST PRESS TAPEs, Message MJ, UNC. HIDDEN TRACK USD $29.90 Buy It Now 20h 39m
GERMAN History Michael Jackson FIRST PRESS CD, Message MJ, UNC. Lim.Edt. +++++++ USD $18.90 Buy It Now 20h 40m
IDLEWILD - I'm A Message: The Sessions EP (UK 3 Tk CD Single Pt 2) USD $10.64 Buy It Now 20h 56m
45 RECORD THE BEE GEES- I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU USD $2.69 Buy It Now 21h 28m
THE MESSAGE - 18 Soul/Jazz Tracks from BGP USD $17.95 Buy It Now 21h 37m
(FX425) Da Vinci Vox, The Hidden message - 2006 CD USD $7.77 [0 bids]
The Loundstroms - On The Bright Side - Message ML-7501-LP - FAST SHIPPING!! USD $16.15 Buy It Now 21h 43m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"