MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

Mitchell Ruff Trio After The Message vinyl LP 1966 Atlantic Records EX mono US $20.00 Buy It Now 35m 5s
THE MOVE message from the country Japan MINI LP CD (ELO) US $29.99 [1 bids]
42m 18s
Rock 45 The Everly Brothers - Poor Jenny / Take A Message To Mary On Cadence US $5.00 Buy It Now 48m 4s
Rock 45 The Bee Gees - I'Ve Gotta A Message To You / Kitty Can On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 48m 5s
A Message for You [EP] [EP] by Minus.Driver (CD, Jul-2003, Universal Distribu... US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
BEE GEES-7'-45 on ATCO-(GOTTA GET A MESSAGE 2 YOU)-MINT US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Meters, A Message From The Meters Audio CD US $15.95 Buy It Now 1h 25m
BEE GEES--7'-PROMO 45--(I'VE JUST GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU)---VG++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
EYEHATEGOD-PREACHING THE ENDTIME MESSAGE CD NEW US $16.96 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Love Is the Message: The Best of MFSB by MFSB (CD, Oct-1995, Epic/Legacy) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
RASHEDA~AUGUSTUS PABLO Each One Teach One ORIGINAL MESSAGE~DIGITAL ROOTS LISTEN US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE MOVE " MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY " SUPERB 1G UK ORIG HARVEST LP FLIPBACK SLV US $32.10 [9 bids]
Violinaires: Take Time To Pray / Message To My Friends 45 Black Gospel US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Listen NICHOLAS Words Can't Express FEMALE LEAD Modern Sweet Soul Gospel MESSAGE US $7.67 [0 bids]
Mobley's Message - Hank Mobley New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $47.44 Buy It Now 2h 11m
THE SOLDIERS - MESSAGE TO YOU (17 TRACK CD + DVD) US $3.13 [0 bids]
THE O'JAYS - MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC/TRAVELIN' AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT - NEW CD US $5.11 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Message to the Other Side Osirus Pt1 - Dirty Bastard Ol' New & Sealed Compact Di US $20.48 Buy It Now 2h 37m
45 RECORD ROGER HALLMARK: A MESSAGE TO KHOMEINI, MAHARISHI US $2.23 Buy It Now 2h 39m
ELIZABETH SCHWARZKOPF Soprano Auftrage (Message) 78 Columbia LB122 US $20.85 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Muskingum College Jan. 1966 Personal Message Record Harry Manely US $25.46 Buy It Now 2h 44m
the last message vinyl US $10.99 [0 bids]
Trans-X 12" Single Message On The Radio PROMO COPY Mirage Records 1984 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Mfsb - Love Is The Message [Vinyl New] US $32.20 Buy It Now 3h 8m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY - THE EVERLY BROTHERS - 8863 US $11.22 Buy It Now 3h 10m
DEAR Heartful Message [8 TRACKS] JAPAN CD IMPORT 1992 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
BUDDY MILES A MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE R&B SOUL FUNK 12' LP 33 RPM (VG++) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Thomas Edison/NY Mil. Band, Let Us Not Forget A Message To The American People US $75.00 [0 bids]
EYEHATEGOD "Preaching the End-Time Message" LP 2014 Emetic (180 Gram Vinyl) US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Everly Brothers - Take A Message To Mary - 1959 Pop 45 US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
POP ROCK/ Sting - Russians / Gabriel's Message / I Burn For You US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Killing Moon - A Message Through Your Teeth CD Fearless Records 2006 New Sealed US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Buddy Miles - A Message To The People - LP ('70 SRM1-608) US $10.22 Buy It Now 4h 34m
MAHATMMA GHANDI SPIRITUAL MESSAGE ON COLUMBIA MASTERWORKS 78 17523-D US $9.99 [0 bids]
EVIL "Evil's Message" picture disc US $22.00 [0 bids]
BODYTALKERS the message 12" RECORD BODY TALKERS MINIMAL US $9.75 Buy It Now 5h 10m
MFAG love is the message 12" RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Unknown Artist A Message to Dehlia CD US $5.92 Buy It Now 5h 12m
*PROMO* Police - Message in a Bottle (mono/stereo), A&M 2190-S 45 rpm single US $6.75 [0 bids]
EYEHATEGOD - PREACHING THE ENDTIME MESSAGE NEW CD US $19.27 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Sting Russians Gabriel's Message A&M Records AM-2799 1985 US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
DJ KRUSH - The Message At The Depth - Rare Original 2003 LP EX+ US $12.00 [3 bids]
JOURNEY ~ When You Love a Woman/Message of Love 1996 [3 trk USA CD Single] US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Police Message In A Box:the Complete Recordings US $7.95 [0 bids]
Larry Foster 45 PS Only "My Christmas Message To The World/"My Son The Folk Mons US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Everly Brothers Bye Bye Love / Take A Message To Mary 7" 45 rpm Eric 257 NM US $4.64 Buy It Now 6h 4m
PRETENDERS Message Of Love 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip US $4.39 Buy It Now 6h 7m
GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE - THE MESSAGE - 1982 SUGARHILL - VG++ US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Everly Brothers Bye Bye Love / Take a Message to Mary 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
O'JAYS Message in the Music SOUL LP Shrink NO BARCODE PHILADELPHI US $6.99 [0 bids]
INXS THE SWING VINYL LP ORIGINAL SIN I SEND A MESSAGE ATCO US PRESSING VG+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Message. Robert Banks Gospel Folk SEALED Verve LP US $11.89 Buy It Now 6h 43m
THE EVERLY BROTHERS - TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY / POOR JENNY - CADENCE 1364 45 RPM US $4.49 [0 bids]
BIG JAY MCNEELY: I Got The Message / Psycho Serenade 45 Blues & R&B US $20.00 Buy It Now 7h 16m
ELECTRO RAP* Melle Mel & Duke Bootee - Message II (Survival) *ORIGINAL* 1982 US $4.29 Buy It Now 8h
MIGHTY RYEDERS help us spread the message EX/VG USA LHLP017 | 13-1025-069 US $34.99 Buy It Now 9h
World Party - Goodbye Jumbo US CD 12trx VG+ Karl Wallinger Message in the Box US $3.49 [0 bids]
UNITED METHODIST COMMUNICATIONS - MESSAGE OF HOPE - EP CD, 1994 US $5.09 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Roger Hallmark & The Thrasher Brothers - A Message To Khomeini / Maharishi 45 US $1.59 Buy It Now 9h 15m
DIE YOUNG TX the message LP silkscreened cover RARE vegan terror straight edge US $2.99 [0 bids]
Open Carefully Message Inside - Lawson,Doyle & Quic US $12.98 Buy It Now 9h 50m
DIE YOUNG TX the message LP silkscreened cover RARE Silver vinyl vegan US $2.99 [0 bids]
DON CHERRY VINYL take a message to mary LP IN PLASTIC '68 SHIPS US FREE Exc US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
Electronic Get The Message German 12" US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 39m
(ship worldwide) FRANCOISE HARDY - MESSAGE PERSONNEL 2CD SPECIAL DELUXE 2013 US $26.99 Buy It Now 12h 12m
THE BEE GEES I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO ISRAELI EP US $60.00 Buy It Now 12h 19m
PROPAGANDA A MESSAGE WITH white label promo JAPAN US $49.99 Buy It Now 12h 29m
A Message from Birdland 0094639744725, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $20.27 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Jimmy Dell "cool it baby" RCA- 7194 ,NM ,"THE MESSAGE"both rockabilly US $71.55 Buy It Now 13h 31m
JAMES TAYLOR QUARTET Message From The Godfather 2x LP NEW VINYL Ubiquity Snowbo US $13.99 Buy It Now 13h 53m
LOVE, PEACE, & HAPPINESS ( ONLY YOU) MESSAGE TO THE ESTABLISHMENT 45 US $5.00 [0 bids]
RARE GOSPEL LP NICHOLAS Words Cant Express MESSAGE MODERN SOUL US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 6m
GOSPEL LP ANDRE CROUCH & DISCIPLES Take The Message Everywhere LIGHT SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 6m
T-factory Message in a bottle CD Single US $5.36 Buy It Now 14h 21m
THE FRITS The Rude Message German vinyl LP Rude Records LP 007 Ska US $48.14 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Maynard Ferguson - Message From Birdland CD US $16.24 Buy It Now 14h 47m
THE POLICE - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE AMS7474 7" VINYL RECORD EX 29 US $4.00 Buy It Now 14h 53m
Everly Brothers Poor Jenny / Take a message to Mary 45 rpm nr mint US $6.40 [0 bids]
Don Cherry - There Goes My Everything/Take A Message To Mary CD US $15.78 Buy It Now 15h 41m
Delarue Frederic - Dolphins Message Of Love CD US $25.73 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Trance Rave Presents Love Trance Message Japan CD Brand New US $1.09 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Visqueen - Message To Garcia CD US $15.24 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Marc Mac - Message From Soulville CD US $20.22 Buy It Now 15h 50m
Inca Babies - Death Message Blues - CD US $9.62 Buy It Now 16h 12m
The World Wide Message Tribe - Frantik (1999 CD Album) 12 Trax. Rock/Pop/Gospel US $1.59 [0 bids]
MELLE MEL AND DUKE BOOTEE MESSAGE II ( SURVIVAL) SUGARHILL RECORDS VINYL 12'' US $4.00 Buy It Now 16h 27m
TRANS-X -MESSAGE ON THE RADIO-1983-12"-CANADA-*SPECIAL MAXI VERSION*-Ship$10.00 US $7.95 Buy It Now 16h 50m
Journey - Message Of Love - 2-track CD single - 1996 US $3.50 [0 bids]
THE POLICE Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings 4 CD Set NEW + Booklet US $51.89 Buy It Now 17h 17m
Prince Far I- Message From The King - CDFL7 US $11.09 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love / Take A Message To Mary / 7" 45 - VG US $2.00 [0 bids]
Mfsb - Love is the message ~ expanded edition - CDBBR0179 US $14.94 Buy It Now 17h 48m
RYUHEI THE MAN-NEXT MESSAGE FROM THE MAN 2-JAPAN CD E50 US $23.50 Buy It Now 17h 48m
MEN WITH A MESSAGE BACK TO THE BIBLE MALE CHORUS RECORD ALBUM US $2.99 Buy It Now 17h 55m
MFSB "LOVE IS THE MESSAGE" 73 PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL RECORDS TSOP SOUL FUNK US $7.99 [0 bids]
JAZZ LP: MAYNARD FERGUSON Message From Maynard ROULETTE BIRDLAND R 52101 Mono US $6.99 [0 bids]
Hank Mobley - Mobley's 2nd Message (Mono) [2014 LP] (200 Gram Audiophile Vinyl) US $38.00 Buy It Now 18h 7m
LION OF THE DESERT / THE MESSAGE (Jarre) Ltd Score OST Soundtrack 2CD SEALED US $16.04 [0 bids]
GAYLADS Message To My Girl~You'll Never Leave Him COXSONE~STUDIO ONE PRE~LISTEN US $39.95 Buy It Now 18h 20m
INXS USA 1984 PROMO 12" Single I SEND A MESSAGE PR618 US $11.22 Buy It Now 18h 21m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Send comments to Progbear (BETA) | Report this review (#45681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 05, 2005

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Send comments to Melomaniac (BETA) | Report this review (#71356) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Send comments to historian9 (BETA) | Report this review (#658769) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"