MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
From Books & DreamsFrom Books & Dreams
Citystudio Media Production
BIRMINGHAM SUNDAY A MESSAGE FROM BIRMINGHAM SUNDAY RARE OOP MINI-LP CD USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
THE O`JAYS " MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC " EX+ COND. USD $1.45 Buy It Now 1h 53m
THE O`JAYS " MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC " EX+ COND.IN Or. SL. USD $1.45 Buy It Now 2h
GWEN DICKEY "ROSE ROYCE" AUTOGRAPHED PHOTOGRAPH- 6 x 4 WITH MESSAGE! USD $29.33 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Everly Brothers - Take a message to Mary 7-inch Black Vinyl Record Wall Clock USD $26.40 Buy It Now 2h 8m
THE PRETENDERS Message Of Love Ex WEA Records 1981 UK P/S 7" USD $5.78 Buy It Now 2h 13m
SAMANTHA JANUS A Message To Your Heart Ex+ Hollywood 1991 P/S 7" USD $5.81 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Tomato's Factory Message In The Bottle Australian Remixes CD Single USD $7.77 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Love Happy - Message Of Love - MCA - 1995 #79674 USD $8.79 Buy It Now 2h 23m
49 Ers - The Message - 4th & Broadway - 1992 #1972 USD $8.06 Buy It Now 2h 23m
AL GREEN [ CD 1994 ] BEST OF - AND THE MESSAGE IS LOVE ~ EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $2.92 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Dolphins... A Message Of Love by Frederic Delarue USD $6.45 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Cellini Candles Birthday Charlie Chaplin Message Personalised Gift Film Star USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Cellini Candles Birthday Brad Pitt Own Message Personalised Gift Film Star Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Cellini Candles Birthday Russel Crowe Message Personalised Gift Film Star Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Cellini Candles Birthday Michael Jackson Message Personalised Gift Pop Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Cellini Candles Birthday James Cagney Message Personalised Gift Film Star Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Cliff Richard Birthday Candle Own Message Personalised Gift Cellini Candles USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Cellini Candles Birthday Christina Aquilera Message Personalised Gift Pop Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Cellini Candles Whitney Houston Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Pop Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Q-BURNS Abstract Message Ex 2001 USA Astralwerks 3 x 12" Record Set USD $10.26 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Love Inc - Love is the message 7-inch Black Vinyl Record Wall Clock USD $26.40 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Pig & Dan - The Message (Remix) - Submission #122813 USD $7.32 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Melle Mel & Duke Bootee - Message Ii Sugarhill #135245 USD $7.32 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Soundcraft - The Movement, The Message - Skunk #280940 USD $7.32 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Cellini Candles Birthday Lily Allen Own Message Personalised Gift Pop Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 3h 58m
We Shape Space - The Message - Bosting 106 - 1994 #3047 USD $7.32 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Cellini Candles Bob Marley Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Pop Icon USD $20.53 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Cellini Candles Daniel O'Donnell Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $20.53 Buy It Now 4h
THE POLICE uk coloured vinyl single record MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE/LANDLORD USD $2.93 [0 bids]
4h
Cellini Candles Amy Winehouse Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $20.53 Buy It Now 4h 5m
SAKURA GAKUIN - Sakura Gakuin 2010 Message Ra CD JAPAN TFCC-86351 NEW 2011 USD $135.53 Buy It Now 4h 6m
ASD 2700381:Lanchberry/BSO:Messager:Two Pigeons '84 EMI German DMM USD $8.79 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Electronic Get The Message CD single (CD5 / 5") UK FACD287 FACTORY 1991 USD $13.92 Buy It Now 4h 23m
THE SONS OF TRUTH - A MESSAGE FROM THE GHETTO CD NEW+ USD $16.24 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Police Message In A Box UK 4-CD album 540150-2 A&M 1993 USD $67.28 Buy It Now 4h 29m
49Ers - The Message - 4th & Broadway - 1992 #143006 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Arthur Baker - The Message Is Love - A&M - 1989 #18798 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Cellini Candles Michael Jackson Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $20.53 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Electronic - Get The Message: The Best Of.. UK Promo Cd New Order The Smiths USD $29.33 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Cellini Candles Peter Andre Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $20.53 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Cellini Candles Freddie Mercury Birthday Own Message Personalised Gift Card USD $20.53 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Morning Musume '14 CHAPTER 14 ~The message~ (2014) + Taiwan Limited Photo #981 USD $24.48 Buy It Now 4h 58m
SOUL, BOBBY/THE RIGHTEOUS FLAMES - Message From The Congo - Vinyl (7") USD $12.60 Buy It Now 5h 9m
BETTY ROCHE': Summertime / I Just Got The Message Baby 45 Jazz USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 21m
WORLD PARTY UK 1990 PROMO 12" Single Message In The Box USD $5.85 Buy It Now 5h 28m
COLLISION - The Message - Vinyl (double 12") USD $35.93 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Get the Message: Best of, 0094637140529 USD $12.90 Buy It Now 5h 34m
AL GREEN - ...AND THE MESSAGE IS LOVE CD 15 TRACKS POP BEST OF / HITS NEW+ USD $14.41 Buy It Now 5h 37m
SXLP 30022:Mackerras:Delibes:La Source/Messager:Les Deux Pigeons USD $11.72 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Electronic - Get The Message, 7" vinyl single UK 1991 (FAC287/7) Vg/Vg USD $3.30 Buy It Now 5h 38m
LOUISE GOFFIN - Send A Message - Excellent Condition 7" Single WEA YZ 159 USD $5.85 Buy It Now 5h 39m
JOHN ELIOT GARDINER Berlioz / Bizet / Massenet / Messager 6 x CD Set NEW SEALED USD $33.53 Buy It Now 5h 49m
modern soul boogie SLANG let your body move; message of love 1987 HEAR! histep45 USD $31.00 [6 bids]
ECA - There Is A Message - Lighthouse - 2001 #65653 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Alaska Soul - The Message - Hiptonic - 2000 #42271 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Tangled Universe - Sparkling Message Black Hole #82795 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 4m
IDLEWILD I'M A MESSAGE NUMBERED UK 7" P/S FOOD 114 1998 INDIE STICKERED PLASTIC USD $5.85 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Love Inc - Love Is The Message - Love - 1991 #4413 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Dr S Gachet - The Message - Audio Maze - 1997 #350459 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Human Beings - The Message EP - Guerilla - 1994 #227127 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Robert Ellis Orrall 45 I Couldn't Say No / The Message record 7" vinyl NM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 50m
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE - RE-ROUTED Remixes Part One Vinyl Record 2002 8th Dim USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
New Message in a Box Box set Japan Import Free Shipping USD $78.33 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Love Is the Message * NEW * Free Priority Shipping, 5013929047938 USD $17.94 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Message At The Depth [180 gm 2LP black vinyl] * NEW * Free Priority Shipping, 8. USD $35.69 Buy It Now 7h 14m
Cartel Ft Carol Leeming - Message Of Love - 1998 #19093 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Message Of The Sea - David Russell New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $20.57 Buy It Now 7h 18m
THE MESSAGE-SOUL,FUNK AND JAZZY GROOVES FROM MAINS CD NEW+ USD $22.49 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Q BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE Touchin' On Something 12" 4 Track (asw6226) UK Astralwe USD $9.52 Buy It Now 7h 26m
LOVE HAPPY Message Of Love 12" 4 Track K Klassik Mix (mcst40052) EUROPEAN Mca 19 USD $3.51 Buy It Now 7h 26m
GRANDMASTER MELLE MEL AND THE FURIOUS FIVE Step Off 12" 2 Track B/w The Message USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 27m
TONY PAITON Got A Message 12" 2 Track B/w D.mix (ellt1) UK Ellorac 1988 USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Message from Soulville by Marc Mac (CD 2013 Omniverse) New! Manix, Boombap Beats USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
LOUNGE JAYS Message A Rama 12" 2 Track B/w Sex Mechanic (ems002t) Pic Sleeve UK USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 27m
ODDWORX Body Language Ep 12" 3 Track Featuring Message Is In The Movement, Space USD $7.32 Buy It Now 7h 27m
BARRY WHITE Follow That And See 12" 3 Track Extended Promo B/w Message Mix And M USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 27m
BARRY WHITE Follow That And See 12" 3 Track Extended B/w Message Mix And Message USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 27m
ARTHUR BAKER AND THE BACKBEAT DISCIPLES Message Is Love 12" 3 Track Cupid Mix B/ USD $9.96 Buy It Now 7h 28m
STING Russians 12" 3 Track B/w Gabriel's Message And Burn For You Live Version ( USD $6.15 Buy It Now 7h 28m
MARINE BOY Fluid 12" 4 Track Submariner's Message Mix Double B/w Oxydub Mix, Str USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 28m
WORLD PARTY Message In The Box 12" 4 Track B/w You're All Invited To The Party, USD $6.15 Buy It Now 7h 28m
ARTHUR BAKER AND THE BACKBEAT DISCIPLES Message Is Love 12" 5 Track Cupid Mix Dj USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Redbone / Message From a Drum Vinyl LP / NM- USD $15.95 Buy It Now 7h 31m
DIRTY BEATNIKS Don't Stop Ep 12" 4 Track 97 Revisit B/w Q Burns Abstract Message USD $7.32 Buy It Now 7h 38m
CONSOLIDATED Message To The People 12" 3 Track 12" Mix Promo (l338930) US Irs 19 USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 38m
INXS Shining Star 12" 4 Track Gatefold B/w Send A Message Live, Faith In Each Ot USD $7.32 Buy It Now 7h 39m
J C HODGE Give My Husband A Message 12" 2 Track B/w Selfish Lover But Has Writin USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 39m
TRANS X Message On The Radio 12" 3 Track B/w Nitelife And Living On Video (81579 USD $7.32 Buy It Now 7h 39m
WORLD PARTY Message In The Box 12" 4 Track Promo B/w You're All Invited To The P USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 39m
ASWAD Message 12" 2 Track Full Length Version B/w Set Them Free Extended Version USD $4.61 Buy It Now 7h 39m
D. J. ROGERS~THE MESSAGE IS STILL THE SAME~1980 SOUL FUNK CLASSIC LP *IN SHRINK* USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE BEE GEES Atco 6603 I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU / KITTY CAN -LISTEN USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Blue Eyed Soul - Strawberry Message 4 - 2003 #117623 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 7h 47m
Funky Bunch - The Message - Progress - 1993 #2995 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 7h 47m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - MESSAGE OF LOVE - PRETENDERS - ARE15 USD $10.26 Buy It Now 7h 57m
MESSAGE From Books And Dreams LP 6 Track Sleeve Has Lamination Peel Mainly At Sp USD $157.87 Buy It Now 7h 58m
BEE GEES Gotta Get A Message To You LP 12 Track (2870404) UK Contour 1974 USD $13.04 Buy It Now 7h 58m
MAURICE JARRE Message LP 12 Track The Story Of Islam Soundtrack With Royal Philh USD $26.91 Buy It Now 7h 58m
THE FANTASTIC VIOLINAIRES- A MESSAGE TO FRIENDS USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $30.00 Buy It Now
8h

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"