MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
NRBQ Message For The Mess Age 1994 CD Al Anderson, Terry Adams USD $3.99 [0 bids]
"RAY BARRETTO - THE MESSAGE" VTG FANIA SALSA LP RECORD / PUERTO RICO / RARE USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 55m
MELLE MEL & DUKE BOOTEE ~ Message II {Survival} ~ 12" Single PS USD $10.48 Buy It Now 2h 24m
LOUISE GOFFIN ~ Send A Message ~ 12" Single PS USD $9.31 Buy It Now 2h 24m
LOVE HAPPY ~ Message Of Love ~ 12" Single PS USD $12.42 Buy It Now 2h 32m
SS501 Kim Hyun Joong TONIGHT 2013 Taiwan Ltd CD only+MESSAGE CARD USD $16.68 Buy It Now 2h 57m
The Heraldic Message Star-Scape Singers LP NM+ Vinyl USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Buddy Miles - A Message To The People LP - Mercury VG++ USD $11.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Gerry Moore, A Message From The Man In The Moon/No More You, Parlophone F921 USD $4.00 [0 bids]
Every Little Thing - 14 Message CD *SEALED* OBI USD $13.90 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Colored Vinyl Punk Compilation LP: Message From America ~ Hardcore Has Come Of USD $55.00 Buy It Now 3h 32m
1983 Tom Harrison Message LP Morada Christian NEW STILL SEALED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Spreading The Message by Pandemia. USD $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 44m
POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $6.20 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Split Enz-message to My Girl (VG++) USD $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Promo CD . World Wide Message Tribe . Frantik . Acceptable . USD $6.96 Buy It Now 4h 12m
ELECTRONIC - GET THE MESSAGE - (FACTORY) CASS SINGLE ( BERNARD SUMNER/MARR) USD $2.33 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Soul Funk BLUE MAGIC Message From The Magic NM! EB301 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
... And The Message Is Love 0731454025522, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $14.46 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Andrae Crouch & Disciples Take the Message EVERYWHERE LP LIGHT LS-5504 NM- Vinyl USD $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 33m
DEAR Heartful Message [8 TRACKS] JAPAN CD IMPORT 1992 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
The Police Every Breath You Take-The Singles CD NEW SEALED Message In A Bottle+ USD $7.76 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Love Happy - "Message Of Love" 12", Dance & Electronica, 33 RPM USD $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Lucky Pierre ?- Blank For Your Own Message : Chemikal Underground USD $2.32 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Jürgen Driessen ?- The Message / Abacus : Mutekki ?PROG HOUSE / TRANCE USD $2.32 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Mr. Funkster ?- The Message : Rampant ?BIG BEAT / BREAKS USD $2.16 Buy It Now 4h 49m
E.C.A. ?- There Is A Message : Lighthouse Recordings DUNCAN FORBES Mix USD $1.85 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Arthur Baker And The Backbeat Disciples ?- The Message Is Love 1989 HOUSE USD $1.93 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Message #9 by Gasaraki (CD, 1999, Victor Entertainment/Japan, Digipak). USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Message from Beat Street Best of Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel & the Furious Five USD $0.99 [1 bids]
ADAM FAITH ~ A MESSAGE TO MARTHA ~ 1964 ~ PARLOPHONE ~ U.K. 45 USD $2.32 [0 bids]
The Westwind Ensemble Presents Gabriel's Message USD $0.99 [0 bids]
PIERRE DERVAUX**MESSAGER: VERONIQUE**2 CD SET USD $18.29 Buy It Now 5h 36m
1988 Club Nouveau Listen to the Message Warner Bros 33 LP Record B030 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
THE O'JAYS LP-MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC/PHILLY INT'L REC VG+ USD $6.98 Buy It Now 5h 37m
FIGHTSTAR "I AM THE MESSAGE" VINYL 7" SINGLE PICTURE SLEEVE USD $8.55 Buy It Now 5h 48m
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE 7" RARE POSTER SLEEVE USD $14.00 [0 bids]
USD $18.99 Buy It Now
Message in the Music: the Ashley Beedle Re-edits - Message In The Music: The Ash USD $33.96 Buy It Now 5h 52m
BEE GEES I've Gotta Get A Message To You CONTOUR vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $18.64 Buy It Now 6h
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE INVISIBLE ARILINES RADIO EDITS U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS279 ## USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE - JENNIFER 3-VERSION U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS279 ## USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
FRANCOISE HARDY-MESSAGE PERSONNEL-JAPAN ONLY CD ttt USD $37.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
LP - GERMANY PRESS- THE MOVE (MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY)-1971- HARVEST 062 04 785 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6h 10m
RYUHEI THE MAN-NEXT MESSAGE FROM THE MAN 5-JAPAN CD E50 USD $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
A Message Through Your Teeth - Killing Moon - CD rock USD $2.50 Buy It Now 6h 25m
MESSAGE OF THE SEA:CELTIC MUSIC FOR G BY RUSSELL,DAVID (CD) USD $22.16 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Vol. 2-Gettin' The Message - Bop-In' Britain (2003, CD New) USD $16.81 Buy It Now 6h 31m
THE BEE GEES I've Gotta Get A Message +3 EP 45 PORTUGAL 1968 ( Polydor ) 60580 USD $10.87 [1 bids]
PAT McGLYNN direct message from pat to you JAPAN 7" Flexi Disc USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Q-Burns Abstract Message - Feng Shui (CD 1999)24HR POST USD $4.62 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Everly Brothers - Take A Message To Mary 7" London Tri USD $10.09 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Listen to the Message - Club Nouveau (Cassette 1988, Warner Bros.) NEW in Shrink USD $7.53 Buy It Now 7h 19m
THE SPECIALS FEATURING RICO - A MESSAGE TO YOU RUDY 7" 79 G USD $1.87 [2 bids]
The Police - Message In A Bottle 7" Rare w/ fold out poster!! USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
TIM ROSE I've Gotta Get A Message To You / Jamie Sue CAPITOL RECORD 45 Promo USD $6.00 Buy It Now 7h 38m
THE MITCHELL RUFF TRIO after this message LP Mint- Atlantic 1458 Mono 1966 USA USD $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 47m
NM 12"~CONSOLIDATED~Message To The People~[Extended~6:00]~Main~Sample This~[WLP] USD $4.90 Buy It Now 8h 3m
The Bee Gees 45 "I've Gotta Get A Message To You" USD $4.49 Buy It Now 8h 23m
BEE GEES - I've Gotta Get A Message To You - Rare 1977 UK 12-track LP USD $45.08 Buy It Now 8h 29m
MESSAGE - ASTRAL JOURNEYS LP EX!!! ORIGINAL GERMANY BRAIN PROG KRAUT USD $31.08 Buy It Now 8h 30m
BUDDY MILES A MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE LP USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 42m
The Police - Message In A Bottle [7"] [Includes poster] USD $50.00 Buy It Now 9h 3m
The Bee Gees 45 "I've Gotta Get A Message To You" ~ ATCO USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 7m
PRETENDERS Extended Play mini LP Message of Love LIVE USD $14.95 Buy It Now 9h 12m
THE POLICE GREATEST HITS *** CD *** roxanne message in a bottle USD $9.56 Buy It Now 9h 37m
(AL895) Nat Jenkins, The Message - DJ CD USD $4.65 Buy It Now 9h 39m
(CP611) Death Masks, Left A Message / Stares - 2012 DJ CD USD $4.65 Buy It Now 9h 55m
BOP IN BRITAIN 2: GETTIN THE MESSAGE / VARIOUS NEW CD USD $24.04 Buy It Now 9h 59m
LENNY HAMBRO - MESSAGE FROM HAMBRO * - NEW CD USD $13.38 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Everly Brothers 45 'Take A Message To Mary/Poor Jenny" USD $4.49 Buy It Now 10h 22m
EDDY GRANT CAN'T GET ENOUGH / MESSAGE MAN AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE USD $14.58 Buy It Now 10h 26m
THE KANE TRIPLETS 45(RCA 7898)OH RICKY/LOVE MESSAGE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 10h 28m
UNIVERSAL MESSAGE, VOL. 3 - NEW CD USD $12.65 Buy It Now 10h 29m
(EJ407) Samuel, The Message - 2010 sealed CD USD $11.04 Buy It Now 10h 33m
OSCAR TONEY JR.: Everything I Own / Message To Martha 45 Soul USD $25.00 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Ray Charles A Message from the People vinyl LP EX 1972 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 44m
(EB577) Syntax, Message - 2003 DJ CD USD $4.65 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Howlin Wolf - Message To The Young NEW CD USD $16.13 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Message In A Bottle: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture by Various A USD $4.00 Buy It Now 11h 8m
SECRET MESSAGE: COMMUNICATIONS FROM HYPER DEMENSIO NEW CD USD $25.37 Buy It Now 11h 12m
AYAKA, First Message JAPAN with obi NEW SEALED CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Inca Babies - Death Message Blues (CD New) USD $9.82 Buy It Now 11h 31m
Various Artists : Subliminal: Get the Message 1 CD (1998) USD $4.34 Buy It Now 11h 36m
LUCKY PIERRE - BLANK FOR YOUR OWN MESSAGE - N/M 12" AMBIENT CHILL OUT - LTD EDIT USD $3.09 Buy It Now 11h 43m
John Forte "Ninety Nine (Flash The Message)/Flash The Message" Single 12" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11h 52m
STING & THE POLICE The Evry (Very) Best Of: Message in Bottle CD 24k Gold? China USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 2m
(BT847) Roddy Hart, Send A Message - DJ CD USD $4.28 Buy It Now 12h 3m
Message In A Box 0731454015028, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $68.17 Buy It Now 12h 22m
INCA BABIES - DEATH MESSAGE BLUES (DIGIPAK) NEW CD USD $14.07 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Delibes Source / Messager Pigeons / Mackerras LP USD $7.29 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Split Enz - Message To My Girl - 1983 A&M Promo AM 2652 45 rpm USD $1.90 Buy It Now 12h 35m
Bovisa New Orleans Jazz Band Message In A Greek Wine Bottle Rusty Records Import USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
MINUS DRIVER - A MESSAGE FOR YOU- PROMO-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE MEDITATIONS - Message From The Meditations - UNITED ARTISTS RECORDS 1978 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Death Message Blues by Inca Babies (CD, 2010, Black Lagoon) USD $6.83 Buy It Now 13h
ARTHUR BAKER W. AL GREEN THE MESSAGE IS LOVE 12" USD $4.80 Buy It Now 13h 13m
HEAR- Rare Old Time Country 78- Asa Martin- Dying Girl's Message- Champion 45175 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 23m
FERGUSON,MAYNARD ROULETTE 52027 A MESSAGE FROM BIRDLAND VG/M- $30.00 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 13h 27m
The Message of Christmas In Song & Story LP vg++/nm Avant Garde AVS-117 x-mas USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 45m
PANDEMIA Spreading The Message Cd Org Lost Disciple Krabathor Trauma Vader USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 46m
CD dawn anew is coming ~ USD $16.28
CD from books and dreams ~ USD $16.28
LP the dawn anew is coming ~ USD $23.85

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Send comments to Progbear (BETA) | Report this review (#45681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 05, 2005

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Send comments to Melomaniac (BETA) | Report this review (#71356) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Send comments to historian9 (BETA) | Report this review (#658769) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"