MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
Songs From the Message - Way of LoveSongs From the Message - Way of Love
Sony 1997

THE MESSAGE/LION OF THE DESERT USD $19.36 Buy It Now
TIM CONNOR 7" TAKE THIS MESSAGE b/w MAYBE. UK HMV 45-POP 1096 1962 USD $6.46 [1 bids]
Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five The Message SHL117 Vinyl 12" Maxi-Single USD $12.91 [0 bids]
78rpm MAHATMA GANDHI - His Spiritual Message - COLUMBIA USD $59.00 Buy It Now
NRBQ-MESSAGE FOR THE MESS AGE CD NEW USD $5.50 Buy It Now
Andr‚e Messager VERONIQUE, Lamoureux Concerts O/J-C Hartemann, 2CDs, EMI NEW USD $12.00 Buy It Now
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen to the Message CD MINT 1988 Funky R&B USD $1.02 Buy It Now
'The Message' The Best of Grandmaster Flash & The Sugarhill Gang CD 2002 USD $18.45 [0 bids]
RENEGADES: Uomo Solo / Take A Message 45 (Italy, PS) Rock & Pop USD $30.00 Buy It Now
AKIKO MIZUHARA-LOVE MESSAGE -JAPAN MINI LP CD Ltd/Ed F83 USD $25.99 Buy It Now
Message In A Bottle: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture, Various Arti USD $6.45 Buy It Now
Police Sting Message in a Bottle Itlian 7" single USD $19.42 Buy It Now
ARTISTS MUSIC MESSAGE 1993 BENSON MUSIC GROUP SAMPLER CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now
EVERLY BROTHERS Poor Jenny/Take A Message To Mary 45 RPM Cadence Records USD $7.00 Buy It Now
Richard "Groove" Holmes, Richard Holmes Groove - Soul Message [New CD] Ltd Ed, J USD $14.93 Buy It Now
Message in a Box: The Complete Recordings [Box] by The Police (CD, Sep-1993,... USD $19.99 Buy It Now
THE BEE GEES I've Gotta Get A Message To You b/w Kitty Can Norwegian 45PS 1968 USD $8.93 Buy It Now
Glitterbox: Love Is The Message (uk) 0826194350321 by Simon Dunmore, CD, NEW USD $15.99 Buy It Now
MAYNARD FERGUSON: A Message From Newport LP (Mono, 1" top seam split) Jazz USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Sending A Message-Contemporary Indigenous-CD-2002-Frank Yamma-Blake Ralph-12782 USD $22.35 Buy It Now
Various:The Message - the Best of Old Skool Soul CD (1999)***MINT CD***FREE POST USD $6.46 Buy It Now
The O jays message in the music USD $200.00 Buy It Now
Got to Get a Message to You Cause We Care 2009 by Got to Get a Message to You-Ca USD $4.20 Buy It Now
Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age 0731452336224 by Public Enemy, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $8.57 Buy It Now
BEE GEES - I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU - GERMANY 45 SINGLE USD $14.99 Buy It Now
THE ORBITS MESSAGE OF LOVE/I REALLY DO FLAIR-X 5000 M- USD $179.99 Buy It Now
STL Message Of Sound Part 1 12" NEW VINYL Echocord Stephan Laubner Luke Hess Qua USD $19.99 Buy It Now
THE EVERLY BROTHERS : POOR JENNY / TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY. UK 78rpm (1958) USD $45.32 Buy It Now
Nelson Eddy "Because/Message" 78rpm Columbia Masterworks #MM 571(Grn Label) USD $10.50 Buy It Now
MARTIN LUTHER KING,JR - MESSAGE TO THE WORLD...ITS MIDNIGHT- RARE COLLECTIBLE LP USD $45.00 Buy It Now
(HD224) The Grates, Sukkafish / Message - DJ CD USD $3.17 Buy It Now
Divy Nelson Message To The Moon CD Heres To Us World Spins On Like Salt To Me USD $15.99 Buy It Now
MICKIE MESSAGE & SONGBOOK NO. 2 1972 OSMONDS SWEET T.REX THE EAGLES DONNY SLADE USD $9.71 Buy It Now
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR - MESSAGE TO THE WORLD..ITS MIDNIGHT- RARE COLLECTIBLE LP USD $45.00 Buy It Now
CLUB NOUVEAU Japan 1988 32XD-1053 NM CD+Obi LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE USD $19.99 Buy It Now
BUDDY MILES: A Message To The People LP MERCURY RECORDS SRM1608 US 1970 NM-  USD $21.24 Buy It Now
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message (Cutting Edge Mixes) #748705 USD $9.05 Buy It Now
BEE GEES a personal message from the bee gees 7" 33 RPM SINGLE FAN CLUB 1979 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
1973 Epic "Redbone - Message From a Drum" Record (33) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Club Nouveau - Listen To The Message - LP Record VG VG USD $5.20 Buy It Now
SHANGO - SHANGO MESSAGE - 1983 CELLULOID RECORDS LP - CEL-164 USD $18.80 Buy It Now
PIERRE GROSCOLAS: Le Messager / De L'or 45 (Brazil, 33rpm, '72, promo stamp on USD $12.00 Buy It Now
CAROLE SERRAT Japan 1991 NM CD MESSAGE EN ROUGE sings by JAPANESE SONG YUMI ARAI USD $29.99 Buy It Now
EDDY'S GROOP Message to the world So fine BT Puppy promo Tokens USD $11.99 Buy It Now
(CC761) Music Automatir, Message From Mars - 2011 DJ CD USD $7.45 Buy It Now
A Message To Martha 7in Vinyl (Adam Faith - 1964) R 5201 (ID:14878) USD $5.80 Buy It Now
Journey When You Love A Woman / Message of Love 45RPM Vinyl VG+ USD $1.50 Buy It Now
Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age USD $2.50 Buy It Now
AMY WINEHOUSE A Message To You Rudy (Live) COLOURED VINYL 7" 45 record NEW RARE! USD $33.57 Buy It Now
ICE-T I'm Your Pusher + Anti-Drug PSAs Message 5 TRACK NUDE PROMO CD 1988 MINT USD $14.99 [0 bids]
HOWLIN' WOLF - Message to the Young LP (RARE US Pressing on "orange/blue" CHESS) USD $39.99 Buy It Now
CD: World Party - Goodbye Jumbo / Put the Message in the Box Way Down Now Thank USD $6.55 Buy It Now
Unknown Artist Leave a Message CD USD $4.98 Buy It Now
ANTHONY HILL - A MESSAGE TO JESUS - NEW SEALED CD USD $12.95 Buy It Now
Split Enz Message to my girl 45RPM (Very Good Condition) USD $5.22 Buy It Now
Message in a Bottle [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by Gabriel Yared (CD... USD $3.95 Buy It Now
The Lucy Show LP 12" single New Message 1987 Big Time records USD $10.95 Buy It Now
Dave Specter-Message in Blue CD NEW USD $21.75 Buy It Now
MESSAGER - Messager: Fortunio - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $23.49 Buy It Now
MESSAGER - Messager: Fortunio - CD ** Brand New ** USD $84.49 Buy It Now
Soul Funk LP BLUE MAGIC Message From the Magic on ATCO USD $1.98 [0 bids]
Mccarthy, Rick Message of the Muse CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Unknown Artist A Message From Home Suma Deuk Waay CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now
3 Malcolm X LP Record Album Lot Ballots Bullets Speaking Message to Grass Roots USD $9.99 [1 bids]
4HIM The Message 1996 CD OOP BUY 4=5TH 1 FREE USD $6.00 Buy It Now
BARRY WHITE The Message Is Love MECI-25048 CD JAPAN 1995 USD $319.61 Buy It Now
ADAM FAITH - A Message To Martha [Vinyl Single 7 Inch,1964] UK R 5201 Pop *VG+ USD $2.56 Buy It Now
ROGER HALLMARK "A MESSAGE TO KHOMEINI / MAHARISHI" 45 USD $2.00 Buy It Now
La Rose Et Missile 727 - MESSAGER DE L'AN 2000 "RASSEMBLE" (RSB-1278) USD $120.00 Buy It Now
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOX 4 CASSETE TAPE EDITION USD $24.99 Buy It Now
ART BLAKEY QUARTET A Jazz Message UCCI-9043 CD JAPAN 2001 NEW USD $118.21 Buy It Now
Move vinyl LP album record Message From The Country - 1st - VG UK SHSP4013 USD $69.86 Buy It Now
AYAKA JAPAN VERSION 1ST ALBUM CD FIRST MESSAGE JP USD $14.99 Buy It Now
Bee Gees 7" vinyl single record I've Gotta Get A Message To You - Wide UK USD $14.18 Buy It Now
Aswad 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) The Message UK 12IS383 ISLAND 1988 USD $15.47 Buy It Now
Unknown Artist Jane Goodalls Message of Peace (CD & DVD CD USD $5.92 Buy It Now
Club Nouveau - Listen To The Message - Warner Bros. - 1988 - Audio Cassette USD $3.98 Buy It Now
Electronic Get The Message UK CD single (CD5 / 5") FACD287 FACTORY 1991 USD $12.29 Buy It Now
The Prime Cut - Hey Pearl / Message To The Ghetto VG+ 7" Soul Shadybrook 45-003 USD $11.25 Buy It Now
Françoise Hardy vinyl LP album record Message Personnel + Obi & Poster JPN USD $69.86 Buy It Now
Sound Of Blackness Kings & Queens Message Music From The Movement (CD 2007) NEW USD $16.99 Buy It Now
DAMAGED ARTWORK CD Talley Trio: Message USD $4.77 Buy It Now
DAMAGED ARTWORK CD DJ Krush: The Message at the Depth Enhanced USD $4.77 Buy It Now
Dance Floor Virus Message In A Bottle UK CD single (CD5 / 5") DAN661491 SONY USD $12.29 Buy It Now
Brian Kennedy Put The Message In The Box - Part Two CD single (CD5 / 5") UK USD $12.29 Buy It Now
Bee Gees vinyl LP album record I've Gotta Get A Message To You UK CN2028 USD $15.47 Buy It Now
World Party Message In The Box UK cassette single ENYMC631 ENSIGN 1990 USD $11.64 Buy It Now
Bee Gees I've Gotta Get Message to You Cassette Classic 70s Pop Barry Robin Rare USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Message (German) The Dawn Anew Is Comin' vinyl LP album record German USD $328.84 Buy It Now
As One The Message In Herbie's Shirts 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) UK USD $21.04 Buy It Now
J.R. Monterose The Message vinyl LP album record USA JAM5004 JARO USD $24.54 Buy It Now
JMO Jack Is The Message 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK BRT34 BLUE BIRD 1987 USD $15.47 Buy It Now
World Party Message In The Box 7" vinyl single record UK ENY631 ENSIGN 1990 USD $11.59 Buy It Now
O'JAYS "MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC / MONO" 45 PROMO MINT USD $5.75 Buy It Now
O'JAYS "MESSAGE IN OUR MUSIC / SHE'S ONLY A WOMAN" 45 USD $4.75 Buy It Now
Dance Floor Virus Message In A Bottle UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) USD $16.11 Buy It Now
Love Inc. Is The Message UK CD single (CD5 / 5") EVOCD1 POLYDOR 1991 USD $12.29 Buy It Now
49ers CD single (CD5 / 5") The Message UK BRCD257 ISLAND 1992 USD $10.35 Buy It Now
Journey When you Love a Woman Open Arms Message of Pre-Owned Cassette Music Tape USD $3.99 Buy It Now
A Message From Newpo... Maynard Ferguson 2-LP (Double ) CAN USD $24.93 Buy It Now

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"