Message

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

Message "Outside Looking In" US Hard Rock CD 2000 USD $6.17 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Sid Vicious autographed NME with personal message 1977 USD $540.89 [0 bids]
USD $772.70 Buy It Now
MESSAGE/BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY - BUNNY BRISSETT (81 REGGAE ROOTS 7") USD $58.00 [3 bids]
(EX660) Nate James, The Message - 2005 DJ CD USD $4.62 Buy It Now 2h 38m
DRIESSEN, Jurgen - The Message - 12" USD $16.37 Buy It Now 2h 52m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE - THE POLICE - AMS7474 USD $10.80 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Get the Message [Single] by Electronic (CD, Apr-1991, Warner Bros.) USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Club Nouveau: Listen to the Message (New Cassette) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Air Traffic Control Gotta Get a Message Back to You 45 RARE UK POWERPOP PROMO USD $4.88 [0 bids]
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE Invisible Airline CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 3h 42m
World Wide Message Tribe We Don't Get What We Deserve FLAWLESS 3Days PROMO CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
GREG STRANGE- I'VE GOT A MESSAGE FOR YOU CD1992 Ocean Records USD $10.95 Buy It Now 4h 2m
BLACK STALIN message to sundarCD ICE RECORDS 1995 made in Canada USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Club Nouveau-Listen To The Message (CD 1988) 1 CENT USD $0.01 [0 bids]
RARE PRIVATE ROCK 45 - ALAN REDSTONE - MAGIC MESSAGE - SURE SHOT (1983) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Mistress Of The Dead ?- Henriette's Message From The Other Shore CD LIMITED ED. USD $5.39 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Message To The Young 0664425404623, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $20.45 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Message of the Sea (Kunzel) 0089408049224, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $25.73 Buy It Now 4h 56m
VG++ RARE SOCA CALYPSO LP - BARON - THE MESSAGE - JW-099 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Club Nouveau: Listen To The Message LP VG++/NM Canada USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5h 8m
LP, A Progressive Shepherd's Message, Progressive national Baptist Conv Vol II USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 24m
C13 Morning Musume CD ALBUM 14 Shou ~The Message~ w/obi Japan NEW x USD $14.00 [5 bids]
MINUS DRIVER A Message For You CD USD $1.64 Buy It Now 5h 39m
AOA Ace of Angels Photo Message Cards 30pcs USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Move, Message From the Country, Capitol ST 811, 1971 VG+ Vinyl LP USD $6.50 [3 bids]
6h
The Lenny Hambro Quintet, "Message from Hambro"- 1956, Columbia, CL 757 Mono USD $12.00 [0 bids]
DON CHERRY VINYL take a message to mary LP IN PLASTIC '68 SHIPS US FREE Exc USD $18.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Warner BrosT MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE Original Soundtrack Album RARE VINTAGE CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
MISTRESS OF THE DEAD - Henriette's Message From... (CD, 2011) Funeral Doom Metal USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Japan ViViD Message 2012 Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD (Ver. A) USD $20.68 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Japan ViViD Message 2012 Taiwan Ltd CD+DVD (Ver. B) USD $19.78 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Japan ViViD Message 2012 Taiwan CD only Ver. w/Bonus track?vanity? USD $17.78 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Q BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE-feng shui-1998 ASTRALWERKS-CD USD $3.90 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Girls Next Door 45 Easy to Find/Message From My Heart USD $2.00 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Message To Garcia - Visqueen (2010, Vinyl New) USD $21.78 Buy It Now 8h 16m
THE POLICE sealed LP Reggatta De Blanc A&M 4792 STING message in a bottle USD $9.50 [6 bids]
V/A manga ka no sensei kara koe no message NONE/VG JAPAN E-5081 | 13-1029-056 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 11m
THE POLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE 12 INCH LIKE NEW PROMO USD $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 23m
VAR ART. - Rappers Against Racism - The Message Is Love (2 CD) [Central Station] USD $5.60 Buy It Now 9h 54m
CYMANDE - The Message ~ 7" Single USD $10.03 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Barry White - The Message Is Love 1979 CD OOP !! USD $34.99 Buy It Now 10h 5m
O'JAYS - Message In The Music [UK 1976 Philly VINYL LP Original - NEAR MINT] USD $13.83 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Joel Osteen Seeds of Greatness Are In You! New CD message sealed. USD $5.95 Buy It Now 11h 39m
Message In A Bottle - Bottle Shaped Book Sting UK book 0-907080-14-6 VIRGIN USD $59.42 Buy It Now 11h 52m
J-POP ayaka First Message FIRST ALBUM 15 Tracks NEW with OBI I believe cd996 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 12h
The Message Is Love Arthur Baker UK 7" vinyl single record USA668 USD $15.36 Buy It Now 12h 4m
49ers The Message UK 7" vinyl single record BRW257 4TH & BROADWAY 1992 USD $15.36 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Roykey Wydh - Secret Message CD USD $17.69 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Message From the Godfather by USD $6.92 Buy It Now 12h 12m
Brian Kennedy Put The Message In The Box - Pt1 CD single (CD5 / 5") UK USD $15.44 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Bee Gees I've Gotta Get A Message To You - Wide 7" vinyl single record UK USD $16.91 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Is The Message Love Inc. UK CD single (CD5 / 5") EVOCD1 POLYDOR 1991 USD $14.67 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Bee Gees I've Gotta Get A Message To You - 3pr UK 7" vinyl single record 56273 USD $20.01 Buy It Now 13h 15m
High Tension Wires - Send a Message - U.S. cd - RARE! 112914 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 13h 21m
The Police single - Message In A Bottle / Landlord USD $4.69 Buy It Now 13h 29m
PRINCE FAR I The Message CRY TUFF 7" MINT USD $15.44 [0 bids]
TETRACK Look Within Yourself / Version MESSAGE / ONLYROOTS 7" MINT USD $15.44 [0 bids]
AUGUSTUS PABLO Golden Seal MESSAGE 7" MINT REPRESS USD $10.80 [0 bids]
A SPIRITUAL MESSAGE From The Singing Tower - LP NM USD $4.95 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Message From A King - Kelly Willard (2012, CD New) USD $12.84 Buy It Now 13h 55m
SANDIE SHAW 60s - Original sheet music- MESSAGE UNDERSTOOD USD $18.54 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Message from the Country - Move New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $17.03 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Message In The Box World Party CD single (CD5 / 5") UK ENYCD631 ENSIGN 1990 USD $13.58 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Electronic(7" Vinyl)Get The Message-Factory Records-FAC 287-UK-VG/Ex USD $11.99 Buy It Now 14h 13m
The Pretenders(7" Vinyl)Message Of Love-Real Records-ARE 15-UK-Ex/VG+ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 20m
BUZZ SESSION X-Attack CD SINGLE Primitive Message Place Rising Sun 3 trks MINT USD $4.70 Buy It Now 14h 20m
THE KILLING MOON A Message Through Your Teeth 5 Track EP (New) USD $10.95 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Samantha Janus A Message To Your Heart 7" vinyl single record UK HWD104 USD $15.36 Buy It Now 14h 35m
UK VINYL JAZZ LP PAZ THE MESSAGE ON SWALLOW 1989 USD $18.53 Buy It Now 14h 39m
SANDERS,PHAROAH-MESSAGE FROM HOME CD NEW USD $17.40 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Police - Message In A Box-Complete Rec [CD New] USD $36.88 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Pretenders(7" Vinyl)Message Of Love-Real-ARE 15-UK-VG/VG USD $9.26 Buy It Now 15h 6m
Nicky Siano Presents Love Is The Message: A Night At The Gallery 1977 Soundtr... USD $21.00 Buy It Now 15h 8m
Music AutOmatiK ?- Message From Mars -OFFICIAL ALBUM PROMO- CD 2011 /24HR POST USD $4.39 Buy It Now 16h 13m
ROYAL HUNT / message to god /JAPAN LTD CD OBI USD $14.99 Buy It Now 16h 14m
PRETENDERS MESSAGE OF LOVE 7" VINYL USD $3.48 Buy It Now 16h 56m
ROLLING STONES Hot Rocks 1986 US London NM RE1 Rare: DEAD WAX MESSAGE ! READ ! USD $50.00 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Message of Love by Rudy Colombini USD $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Klanguage(12"Vinyl)The Message-France- RR001-Rise-New/Sealed/New/Sealed USD $15.44 Buy It Now 17h 35m
REAL Give Me A Reason CD Lovechild Cellophane Message Star 14 trks USED USD $6.46 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Straight Life The Message 12" Illsun Wreckords 1996 USD $13.89 Buy It Now 17h 40m
UENO KOUHEI-MESSAGE TO ADOLPHE-JAPAN CD F56 USD $25.50 Buy It Now 18h
VINNIE MOORE: Message In A Dream (metal vinyl 12) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 23m
REDBONE 7" PS JAPAN MESSAGE FROM A DRUM promo P945 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Club Nouveau LP 1988 Listen to the message ( EX ) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 18h 36m
The Pretenders(7" Vinyl)Message Of Love-Real Records-ARE 15-UK-Ex/VG+ USD $9.26 Buy It Now 18h 41m
The O'Jays "Message In Our Music" 45 Single PROMO Mono/Stereo USD $4.95 Buy It Now 18h 41m
John Forte "Ninety Nine (Flash The Message)/Flash The Message" Single 12" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
GENE LOVES JEZEBEL 7" Record Lot The Motion of Love & UK Desire Message USD $14.99 Buy It Now 19h
CHICAGO FUNK 45~Little Oscar~The Message b/w I Tried (Supreme Blues) LISTEN! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Redbone(Quadraphonic Vinyl LP)Message From A Drum-CBS-EQ 30815-65-1971-Ex/Ex+ USD $77.25 Buy It Now 19h 24m
Larry Lawrence Garden Of Eden / Derrick Morgan Sendin' This Message ORIG UK 7" USD $15.44 Buy It Now 19h 25m
MFSB - Love Is The Message - 180 gram audiophile vinyl LP USD $30.68 Buy It Now 19h 26m
T-factory : MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE CD Single 2002 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 38m
THE SONS OF TRUTH A Message From the Ghetto '72 Stax/Gospel Truth Records SEALED USD $49.99 Buy It Now 19h 45m
Howlin' Wolf-Message to the Young CD NEW USD $14.71 Buy It Now 19h 51m
The Police - Message In A Box (+Book) (CD 2006) USD $38.64 Buy It Now 19h 53m
Everly Brothers Poor Jenny / Take a message to Mary 45 rpm nr mint USD $6.17 [0 bids]
Global Warming : Europa (SPLIT LEVEL / WORLD WIDE MESSAGE TRIBE CD) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 56m
World Party (Karl Wallinger) - Message In The Box CD Single (CD 1990) USD $7.71 Buy It Now 19h 58m
CD dawn anew is coming
~ USD $14.69
CD from books and dreams
~ USD $14.69
LP the dawn anew is coming
~ USD $21.52

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESSAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Send comments to Progbear (BETA) | Report this review (#45681) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 05, 2005

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Send comments to Melomaniac (BETA) | Report this review (#71356) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Send comments to historian9 (BETA) | Report this review (#658769) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"