MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers

$18.18
MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
$39.94

Blue Magic - Message From The Magic LP New Sealed SD 38-104 1978 Vinyl Record USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Bee Gees I've Gotta Get a Message to You/Kitty Can 45 Vinyl Record USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Love Is the Message - Best of Mfsb - Audio Cassette USD $12.75 Buy It Now
JAZZHUS DISK mini lp CD 7608 LET'S KEEP MESSAGE BENT JAEDIG AXEN Jazz 1960 Debut USD $24.99 Buy It Now
DIONNE WARWICK- MESSAGE TO MICHAEL (HTF SOUL R&B LOOKS UNPLAYED) M- USD $0.99 Buy It Now
PUBLIC ENEMY - Muse Sick-n-hour Mess Age - CD - Import - BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED USD $31.95 Buy It Now
Q-Burns Abstract Message . Feng Shui . CD USD $3.00 Buy It Now
EYEHATEGOD - PREACHING THE "END-TIME" MESSAGE USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $15.00 Buy It Now
KONSTRUKT & BROTZMANN,PETER-MESSAGE: LIVE AT KARGART VINYL LP NEW USD $45.14 Buy It Now
Genesis The Book of Origins An 18 Message Series by Dale Ebel (CD) USD $24.99 Buy It Now
Radioshark - Message from the Creeps [New CD] USD $17.73 Buy It Now
MISTRESS OF THE DEAD - Henriette's Message CD 2011 - Funeral Doom UDOM USD $6.97 [0 bids]
France Gall Sylvie Vartan Japan Message Interview Flexi Teen Beat Magazine Ye Ye USD $99.99 Buy It Now
BARTOS, KARL-I`m The Message (Matthew Herbert Mix) (12IN) (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $13.99 Buy It Now
(LP) (Hear) D.J. Rogers - "The Message Is Still The Same" - Mod Soul Gospel '80 USD $15.00 Buy It Now
NEW CD ??? JJ Lin ??? Message In A Bottle (Original Artist&Recording) New Album USD $24.50 Buy It Now
JULIO IGLESIAS 7" PS Japan NATHALIE w/message s3770 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 12s
SANDIE SHAW - MESSAGE UNDERSTOOD 7" EP OZ ASTOR PRESS female vocals girl groups USD $15.20 Buy It Now 27m 53s
Message from a Drum [Limited Edition] [Remastered] by Redbone (CD, Nov-2014,... USD $9.26 Buy It Now 54m 25s
ALBUM 1 CD SUBLIMINAL VARIOUS GET THE MESSAGE VOL 1 Ref 0153 USD $20.71 Buy It Now 2h 47m
BOYZONE - LET THE MESSAGE RUN FREE 1998 UK CARD SLEEVE CD SINGLE PEPSI PSPCD505 USD $20.91 Buy It Now 2h 49m
CURTIS AMY PAUL BRYANT Blues Message LP JAPAN TOSHIBA PACIFFIC JAZZ PJ-0009 OBI^ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
The Postal Service T-shirt - All sizes in stock : send message after purchase USD $15.33 Buy It Now 3h 26m
World Party 7" box set Message In The Box UK ENYB631 ENSIGN 1990 USD $15.26 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Illinois Jacquet w/Kenny Burrell/The Message/Cadet/CA722/Mint USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
World Party Message In The Box 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK ENYX631 USD $16.67 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Evil vinyl LP album record Evil's Message Dutch RMLP-010 RAVE-ON 1984 USD $75.25 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Sandie Shaw Message Understood - Solid 7" vinyl single record UK 7N.15940 PYE USD $12.48 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Shane Macgowan T-shirt All sizes : send message after purchase / pogues mcgowen USD $15.33 Buy It Now 5h 24m
STING Russians / Gabriel's Message 45 - Police USD $7.58 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Message From Newport MAYNARD FERGUSON CD USD $16.44 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Rare Paul Mauriat Japan CD-Message D'Amour USD $38.96 Buy It Now 6h 6m
7" single; the POLICE; MESSAGE in a BOTTLE; shaped picture disc; rarity; USD $59.42 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Art Blakey - Jazz Messengers!!!!! / A Jazz Message (NEW CD) USD $9.05 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Compassion: Special Message from His Holiness The XIVth Dalai Lama (Audio CD) USD $12.91 Buy It Now 6h 29m
FREDERIC DELARUE - Dolphins... A Message Of Love - CD - Import - **SEALED/ NEW** USD $31.95 Buy It Now 7h 26m
The Soldiers - Message To You (CD Album) Used Very Good USD $3.14 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Nikolaj Steen - The New Message Feat. Mele Mel & Scorpio 12" USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Suburban Lawns T-shirt - All sizes in stock : send message after purchase USD $15.33 Buy It Now 7h 52m
The Fatima Mansions T-shirt - All sizes in stock : send message after purchase USD $15.33 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Oingo Boingo T-shirt - All sizes in stock : send message after purchase USD $15.33 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Q-Burns Abstract Message Feng Shui 2xLP Astralwerks 1998 USD $12.54 Buy It Now 9h
Christian(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 9h 3m
Jpn white promo Hank Mobley Mobley's Message USD $29.99 [0 bids]
Gospel(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 9h 15m
CD Talley Trio: Message RARE OUT OF PRINT GOSPEL album HORIZON RECORDS 2003 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 15m
SEALED Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five 12" The Message 1982 sugarhill rap USD $9.99 [1 bids]
Comedy & Spoken Word(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Reggae(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $1.63 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Europe(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Dance & Electronic(1) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 9h 32m
Men Without Hats - I Got The Message 7" - TAK 14 - VG USD $5.93 Buy It Now 9h 41m
MFSB: Love is the Message Long Play Record Album Funky USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Adult Alternative(2) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 9h 45m
Lovehappy(12" Vinyl)Message Of Love-MCA--UK-Ex/New (UNPLAYED) USD $11.70 Buy It Now 9h 45m
MAYNARD FERGUSON A Message from Birdland LP Roulette 52027 jazz #1509 USD $26.00 Buy It Now 9h 49m
GRANDMASTER FLASH THE MESSAGE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! USD $160.34 Buy It Now 9h 53m
Great Move! The best of The Move CD "Message from the Country" 1994 EMI - VGC USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Dance & Electronic(2) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Pop(2) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $1.63 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Pop(2) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 10h 9m
PUBLIC ENEMY Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age PHCR-1285 JAPAN CD 1994 NEW USD $60.89 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Raw B-Message in a Bottle CD NEW USD $20.92 Buy It Now 10h 18m
ARTHUR BAKER and the Backbeat Disciples ft AL GREEN Message Is Love Rare 3" CD USD $3.50 Buy It Now 10h 18m
THE LAST POETS A Mega-Mental-Message From LIMITED PROMO & Scatterap/Home CD Lot USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
MESSAGER: LES DEUX PIGEONS NEW CD USD $12.14 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Dance & Electronic(3) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Gospel(3) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 10h 48m
Richard Groove Holmes 60s JAZZ ORGAN LP Soul Message 1965 USA ISSUE STEREO USD $19.98 Buy It Now 11h 4m
25 DISCO hits 7" vinyl Hot Shot Carwash In The Navy Black is Black Message Zoom USD $34.95 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Chatterton, Linda - Gabriel's Message: Christmas ... - Chatterton, Linda CD HEVG USD $6.49 Buy It Now 11h 9m
John Forte - Ninety Nine (Flash the Message) - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! USD $4.72 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Rock(4) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Christian(4) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $1.63 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Alternative Rock(5) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Christian(5) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 11h 26m
MESSAGE / FINE LINE JAPAN CD OOP USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 26m
ELECTRONIC - Get Message / Free Will - CD - Maxi Import - BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED USD $28.95 Buy It Now 11h 27m
Soundtracks(5) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Rap & Hip-Hop(5) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $1.63 Buy It Now 11h 38m
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 2014/3 ROD STEWART BOOWY JAPAN DJ PROMO CD C-2129 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 46m
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE JULY 2014 JAPAN DJ PROMO CD C-2127 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 46m
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 2013/3 ANDREA BOCELLI JAPAN DJ PROMO CD C-2134 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 46m
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 2013/5 ROD STEWART SHE MAKES ME JAPAN DJ PROMO CD C-2133 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 46m
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 2014.09 SARAH ALAINN JAPAN DJ PROMO CD Q-3746 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Holiday & Wedding(6) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $2.63 Buy It Now 11h 47m
Soundtracks(6) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $1.63 Buy It Now 11h 49m
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 2014.05 DIRTY LOOPS JAPAN DJ PROMO CD G-22605 USD $4.50 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Message - From Books And Dreams GER LP 1973 FOC Quadrophonic /4* USD $399.00 Buy It Now 11h 52m
ART ENSEMBLE OF CHICAGO MESSAGE TO OUR FOLKS- 1989 MEXICAN LP STILL SEALD JAZZ USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Message from the Dove - Truth & Positive 12" EP private press modern soul/gospel USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 14m
BEE GEES - I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU - GERMANY 45 SINGLE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 20m
The Bee Gees ?- I've Gotta Get A Message To You ( Boek En Plaat ) LP USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 28m
Electronic - Get the Message (The Best of , 2006) USD $11.58 [0 bids]
We Don't Get What We Deserve by World Wide Message Tribe USD $3.47 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Public Enemy ?- Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age : Def Jam Recordings HIP HOP USD $2.08 [0 bids]
PSYSEX Polyrhythm_System Exclusive Message 2 DES024 JAPAN CD 2005 USD $47.70 Buy It Now 12h 50m
Styles(10) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 12h 54m
ELECTRONIC GET THE MESSAGE excellent+ 1991 UK factory records VINYL 45 SINGLE USD $5.58 [0 bids]

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"