MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

Songs From the Message - Way of LoveSongs From the Message - Way of Love
Sony 1997

Wailers: Jah Message Audio CD USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2h 41m
MALCOLM X " Message to the Grass Roots " LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE NOV 1963 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Police - Message In A Bottle - US promo USD $12.49 [0 bids]
The Police - Message In A Bottle - very rare miss-pressing (6 Pack, black vinyl) USD $499.72 [0 bids]
PAUL RICH - ALONG CAME JONES / TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY ** EMBASSY LABEL ** USD $2.86 [0 bids]
Don Cherry - There Goes My Everything/Take A Message To Mary [CD New] USD $11.83 Buy It Now 2h 58m
It Is Written-Message in a Vial CD NEW USD $21.07 Buy It Now 3h
Joe Johnston Band- The Message CD (2010) Best of Their Fans Favourites USD $1.35 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Blue Magic - Message From The Magic - sealed - CD ALBUM (ref 536) USD $7.48 Buy It Now 3h 2m
ELECTRONIC Get The Message VINYL 7" SINGLE RECORD SUMNER MARR USD $2.36 [0 bids]
Listen To The Message by Club Nouveau COLUMBIA HOUSE SEALED USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3h 6m
I'm A Message CD2 By Idlewild On Audio CD Album 1999 Very Good X55 USD $4.48 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Sandie Shaw 1965 UK Pye 45rpm Message Understood b/w Don't You Count On It Mod USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
2C 061-10175-6 - MESSAGER - Veronique MESPLE / DENS - Ex Con Double LP Record USD $11.23 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Rock Promo 45 Yukon - A Message / A Message On Sussex Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
MFSB Love is the Message 12" RECORD 1973 TOM MOULTON MIX DISCO PROMO USD $11.97 Buy It Now 3h 34m
ADAM FAITH - A Message To Martha / Sounds Good (Rock Roll 45) Parlophone Import USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
AREA 51-MESSAGE FROM ANOTHER TIME(PROXYON,LASERDANCE,RYGAR.)-SWITZERLAND-CD-NEW- USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
There Goes My Everything/Take A Message To Mary - Don Cherry (2003, CD New) USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings 4CD USD $38.00 Buy It Now 3h 43m
NRBQ - Message For The Mess Age - Scarce 1994 Mint Cd Album USD $3.74 Buy It Now 4h
Message From The Meters: The Complete Josie Repris - 2 DISC SET - (2016, CD New) USD $25.27 Buy It Now 4h
Message From A Blackman - Whatnauts (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.23 Buy It Now 4h
RAY CHARLES : A MESSAGE FROM THE PEOPLE (ABCX755) - RARITIES USD $5.49 Buy It Now 4h 14m
MARKOVIC GUT SEXTET MESSAGE FROM BELGRADE JAZZ 1985 RARE EXYUGO MINT LP USD $58.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
CLUB NOUVEAU - LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE / USED VINYL LP / 1988 WB 925687-1 USD $2.50 Buy It Now 4h 29m
ELECTRONIC get the message free will 7" WS EX/ factory FAC 287/7 noc USD $11.23 Buy It Now 4h 32m
FRANÇOISE HARDY - MESSAGE PERSONNEL (DELUXE EDITION) 2 CD POP NEW+ USD $33.57 Buy It Now 4h 33m
ELECTRONIC Get the message 7" INDIE NEW WAVE SMITHS NEW ORDER USD $3.74 Buy It Now 4h 37m
45rpm-Sandie Shaw-Message Undeerstood-7N.15940-Pye-1965 USD $0.62 [0 bids]
NEW THE MESSAGE-F*** WIL [Vinyl] USD $16.09 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Bing Crosby Longines Presents A Personal Message from.. 7" UK vinyl Flexi Disc USD $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 55m
DERRICK HARRIOTT - MESSAGE FROM A BLACK MAN EX- condition USD $2.86 [3 bids]
`Barretto, Ray`-The Message VINYL LP NEW USD $21.87 Buy It Now 5h 10m
BOA-MESSAGE/CALL MY NAME-JAPAN CD+DVD D73 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Mystere V's - Shake Some Action / No Message 7" 45 single PS Flicknife FL 1 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
We Don't Get What We Deserve, World Wide Message Tribe, Excellent USD $5.89 Buy It Now 5h 36m
ELECTRONIC GET THE MESSAGE 7" VINYL USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Meters - Message From The Meters: The Complete Josie Repris [CD New] USD $24.37 Buy It Now 5h 44m
INXS (I SEND A MESSAGE / MECHANICAL) 7" CANADA USD $9.92 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Coded Message: 12 - Sitd (2005, CD New) USD $15.58 Buy It Now 5h 52m
BEE GEES I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU / KUTTY CAN RECORD YUGOSLAVIA 7" 45rpm USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Got To Get A Message To You-Cause We (2009, CD New) Explicit Version USD $12.93 Buy It Now 6h
Message 101-Getting Out Of Darkness - Kofo The Wonderman (2005, CD New) USD $18.78 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Message To Garcia - Visqueen (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.49 Buy It Now 6h 12m
After This Message - Mitchell-Ruff Trio (2014, CD New) USD $9.66 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Dolphins A Message Of Love - Frederic Delarue (2005, CD New) USD $23.78 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Messager-Veronique-Boue-Bourdin-Marquet-Dervaux - 2 DISC SET - Pi (2000, CD New) USD $16.20 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Message - Grandmaster Flash & Furious 5 (2002, CD New) USD $9.83 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Message From Monk - Larry Gales (2014, CD New) USD $34.60 Buy It Now 6h 16m
northern soul KING DIAMOND A Message To the Black Woman POWERHOUSE listen!! USD $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 20m
SHARON A Sexy Personal Message Just For You 45 FLEXI Velvet Magazine RARE 1979 USD $31.98 Buy It Now 6h 26m
The Lucy Show ?- New Message Big Time ?- ZB 41603 DJ Promo 7inch Vinyl Single USD $13.60 [0 bids]
JAZZ CD ART BLAKEY JAZZ MESSENGERS GET THE MESSAGE USD $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 34m
New Message / 5 Mixes (Audio CD) USD $5.34 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Fanny Adams Got To Get A Message To You kapp 2120 Psych Promo 45 USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
ARTHUR BAKER The Message Is Love 1989 GERMANY CD single USD $12.75 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Gulda / Gulda / Anders - Friedrich Gulda: Message From G [Vinyl New] USD $136.94 Buy It Now 6h 52m
MFSB~LOVE IS THE MESSAGE~1973 DISCO SOUL 12" LP *IN SHRINK; Hype stickers USD $4.57 Buy It Now 6h 57m
BBMak - Still On Your Side, 5 Track Sampler & Message & CD-ROM Weblink, Promo CD USD $1.86 [0 bids]
MESS AGE IS JOY New CD USD $13.09 Buy It Now 7h 15m
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen To The Message LP OOP late-80's dance-pop King Jay Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 20m
EVERLY BROTHERS 45 rpm SINGLE CADENCE 1364 TAKE A MESSAGE TO MARY / POOR JENNY USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Message~Love One Another~Electronic 12" Single~PROMO~Techno~Cutting Records USD $33.96 Buy It Now 7h 33m
Northern Soul Promo 45 LOVE , PEACE & HAPPINESS (Only You) Message To the Establ USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 21m
Message From G Audio CD USD $97.25 Buy It Now 8h 21m
BLUE MAGIC-MESSAGE FROM THE MAGIC-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B50 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
BOA-MESSAGE/CALL MY NAME-JAPAN CD B63 USD $12.50 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Lot Audiophile 2-LP EMI Digital Messager/Tjeknavorian NM+ Shrink UK USD $17.50 Buy It Now 8h 33m
PAUL OTT a message to mankind ( folk ) USD $14.24 Buy It Now 8h 53m
John Salisbury~A Message For Americans~KXL~Portland, Oregon~Politics~FAST SHIP USD $12.71 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Augustus Pablo 7" 45 HEAR REGGAE Struggle In Soweto MESSAGE ROCKERS USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Augustus Pablo 7" 45 HEAR REGGAE Anzania Blacka Black MESSAGE USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
CLUB NOUVEAU Listen To The Message LP VINYL US Warner Bros 1988 9 Track USD $8.11 Buy It Now 9h 39m
A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE Various Artists LP VINYL UK Lection 1990 11 Track Featuring USD $6.23 Buy It Now 9h 41m
Unknown Artist Christmas Message CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
Product of Grace Message CD USD $6.61 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Same Message Different Method Audio CD USD $20.74 Buy It Now 10h 4m
CHI COLTRANE Message LP VINYL German Teldec 1986 9 Track With Inner In Envelope USD $6.23 Buy It Now 10h 8m
CHILDRENS DAY A Message To Pretty LP VINYL US Vodka 1986 6 Track (Vodk5003) USD $6.23 Buy It Now 10h 8m
EDDY GRANT Message Man LP VINYL UK Ice 1977 8 Track Sticker Tear On The Front USD $6.23 Buy It Now 10h 9m
BEE GEES I've Gotta Get A Message To You LP VINYL French Contour 12 Track USD $6.23 Buy It Now 10h 10m
WORLD PARTY message in the box ENYX 631 uk ensign 1990 12" PS EX/EX USD $13.73 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Judie Tzuke Portfolio - A Message From... UK 2-LP (Double ) USD $15.30 Buy It Now 10h 16m
ELECTRONIC get the message FAC 287 uk factory 12" PS EX/EX USD $13.73 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Love Is The Message (Expanded Edition) Audio CD USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 24m
ROBERT BANKS The Message LP Verve V/5016 mono original NM gospel folk USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 25m
Take A Message To Mary - 1st Everly Brothers UK 7" vinyl single record USD $16.18 Buy It Now 10h 26m
N-Soul (CD) Scott Blackwell mixed~Virus~World Wide Message Tribe~Nitro Praise USD $0.99 [0 bids]
'78 MESSAGE REGGAE LP TETRACK LET'S GET STARTED ? USD $60.00 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Club Nouveau-Listen To The Message (CD 1988) Envious USD $0.99 [0 bids]
BEE GEES Gotta Get A Message To You LP VINYL UK Contour 1974 12 Track (2870404) USD $8.48 Buy It Now 10h 56m
ZED (SCOTTISH) Message LP VINYL UK Xy 1984 6 Track (Xy001) USD $32.09 Buy It Now 10h 57m
LOVE HAPPY Message Of Love 12" VINYL European Mca 1996 4 Track K Klassik Mix USD $2.99 Buy It Now 11h
Q BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE Touchin' On Something 12" VINYL UK Astralwerks 1997 4 USD $8.11 Buy It Now 11h
G.O.S.H. Wishing Well 12" VINYL UK Mbs 1987 3 Track Featuring Message Mix USD $6.23 Buy It Now 11h
TONY PAITON Got A Message 12" VINYL UK Ellorac 1988 2 Track B/W D.Mix (Ellt1) USD $3.92 Buy It Now 11h
HIGH VOLTAGE Love Is The Message 12" VINYL UK Krp 1983 3 Track B/W Instrumental USD $6.23 Buy It Now 11h
STARBOW Intersidereal Message 12" VINYL Avi 1978 2 Track Promo B/W Voyager Ii USD $16.35 Buy It Now 11h
CONSOLIDATED Message To The People 12" VINYL US Irs 1990 3 Track 12" Mix Promo USD $3.92 Buy It Now 11h

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"