MESSAGE

Buy MESSAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Before Dawn (6:01)
2. Thoughts (5:40)
3. Is That The Way (4:12)
4. I Can See The World (3:15)
5. Waters(6:02)
6. Horroscope (3:28)
7. Back Home (4:50)
8. Train To Nowhere (4:00)

Search MESSAGE Message lyrics

Search MESSAGE Message tabs

- Tom McGuigan: vocals, woodwinds, synthesizers
- Allan Murdoch / guitar
- Horst Stachelhaus / bass
- Manfred Von Bohr / drums, percussion

LP Nova 6.22213 / LP Decca SKL-R 5213

MESSAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESSAGE Message Music

MessageMessage
Long Island 1995
Audio CD$11.99 (used)

THE LUCY SHOW NEW MESSAGE SINGLE VINYL 1987 RCA RECORDS LP 6043-1-BD Indie USD $0.01 [0 bids]
SPECTER, Dave - Message In Blue - White Blues U.S.A. USD $20.14 Buy It Now
SPECTER, Dave - Message In Blue - White Blues U.S.A. USD $23.59 Buy It Now
SYNTAX, MESSAGE, EX/EX, 2 Track, Promotional CD Single, Card Sleeve, ILLUSTRIOUS USD $4.82 Buy It Now
ADAM FAITH ~ A MESSAGE TO MARTHA / IT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME ~ 1964 UK 7" SINGLE USD $5.22 Buy It Now
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 07/2014 MOHOMBI JAPAN DJ PROMO CD W-9574 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE, FENG SHUI, M/M, 3 Track, Promotional CD Single, White USD $3.90 Buy It Now
Q-BURNS ABSTRACT MESSAGE, RE-ROUTED, M/EX, Promotional CD Single, EIGHTH DIMENS USD $3.90 Buy It Now
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 05/2014 PAUL McCARTNEY JAPAN DJ PROMO CD W-9573 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE MAY 2014PAUL MCCARTNEY JAPAN DJ PROMO CD Z-7288 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 01-02/2015 KISS JAPAN DJ PROMO CD W-9572 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE MARCH 2014DIRTY LOOPS JAPAN DJ PROMO CD Z-7286 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
[[ Living Message, INO hidefumi, CD, Japan, 12 tracks USD $19.28 Buy It Now
DJ KRUSH Shinsou-Message at the Depth SRCL 5403 CD JAPAN 2002 NEW USD $66.05 Buy It Now
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE 11-12/2014 QUEEN FOREVER JAPAN DJ PROMO CD W-9582 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Re-Routed by Q-Burns Abstract Message USD $4.00 Buy It Now
UNIVERSAL SOUND MESSAGE JANURY&FEBRUARY 2015 JAPAN DJ PROMO CD Z-6556 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
COLONEL ABRAMS "LEAVE THE MESSAGE BEHIND THE DOOR/(INSTRUMENTAL)" 1984 SOUL VG+ USD $3.00 Buy It Now
BEE GEES - LP "IDEA" "I STARTED A JOKE" "I'VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU" (EX+) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Easy Weight Loss MUSIC AUDIO CD lose with stereo recording subliminal messaging USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Attracting Money & Success MUSIC AUDIO CD stereo recording subliminal messaging USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Total Self Confidence MUSIC AUDIO CD stereo recording subliminal messaging tech USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Message in a Bottle [Original Soundtrack] by Original Soundtrack (CD, Feb) USD $1.99 Buy It Now
Wu tang Clan CAPPADONNA Love is Message / We Know PROMO DJ CD single Da brat USD $14.09 Buy It Now
Together Forever, An inspirational message, Church of Latter-Day Saints USD $3.89 Buy It Now
Message from Beat Street: The Best of Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel USD $11.99 Buy It Now
A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM DON WILLIAMS FOR YOUR RADIO STATION AUDIENCE HEAR IT USD $5.00 Buy It Now
JAH WARRIOR - Musical Message - Vinyl (7") USD $10.20 Buy It Now
Gaubert, Jeanjean, Saint-Saens, Messager~David Harman & John York~SEALED/NEW USD $19.51 Buy It Now
UK JOLLY JY 273-DANDY-RUDY A MESSAGE TO YOU/TILL DEATH DO US PART- EX USD $125.33 [11 bids]
ART ENSEMBLE OF CHICAGO: A JACKSON IN YOUR HOUSE/MESSAGE TO O.FOLKS... 2 CD NEW+ USD $21.21 Buy It Now
Message From the Godfather USD $4.99 Buy It Now
RODDY HART, SEND A MESSAGE, M/M, 2 Track, Promotional CD Single, Picture Sleeve, USD $3.90 Buy It Now
World Party - Message In The Box (CD Single) USD $1.96 Buy It Now
MFSB: "Love Is The Message" - Philadelphia Int'l - 1973 Stereo USD $2.79 [0 bids]
Howlin' Wolf - Message To The Young [CD New] USD $9.97 Buy It Now
'The Message' The Best of Grandmaster Flash & The Sugarhill Gang CD 2002 USD $18.60 [0 bids]
Muscles - If It Relaxes Your Mind / Music Is Our Message - Big Bear Records BB8 USD $6.31 Buy It Now
Johnson, Rev Andrew : Sending a Message to All Drug Dealers CD***NEW*** USD $13.96 Buy It Now
New Order The Smiths ELECTRONIC Get the message /Free Will 5 MIXES USA CD single USD $17.85 Buy It Now
betty roche 7" i just got the message baby 45-11054 PROMO vg+ USD $49.99 Buy It Now
THE KEYSTONES .. A SOULFUL EXPERIENCE .. MESSAGE RECORDS LP USD $2.50 Buy It Now
Dyna-Might 1971 UNI 45rpm Sunshine Goddess b/w Message To My Brother USD $15.00 Buy It Now
2nd Mission! by The 3rd Message (CD, Apr-2001, The 3rd Message, Inc.)***NEW*** USD $6.98 Buy It Now
BRIAN KENNEDY New sealed "A Better Man" CD +LIFE,LOVE&HAPPINESS/Message in Box USD $4.53 Buy It Now
NATURAL FOUR - MESSAGE FROM A BLACK MAN / STEPPING ON UP - US ABC 7" HEAR USD $1.29 [0 bids]
AYA UETO Message PCCA-01996 CD JAPAN 2004 NEW USD $68.60 Buy It Now
Ska 2Tone Exterior Vinyl 7" 178mm Decals The Specials ft Rico A Message to Rudy USD $9.73 Buy It Now
Christmas Message USD $3.99 Buy It Now
MAYNARD FERGUSON-A MESSAGE FROM NEWPORT-Jazz Album-ROULETTE #R-52012 USD $24.99 Buy It Now
MAYNARD FERGUSON-MESSAGE FROM MAYNARD-Jazz Album-ROULETTE #R-52101 USD $24.99 Buy It Now
MAYNARD FERGUSON-A MESSAGE FROM BIRDLAND-Near Mint Jazz Album-ROULETTE #R-52027 USD $24.99 Buy It Now
Tubby Hayes & Ronnie Scott/Jazz Couriers-Message From Britain-Jazzland 34-SHRINK USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Bee Gees ?- Gotta Get A Message To You CONTOUR 2870 404 UK Vinyl LP Album USD $7.55 Buy It Now
LFO LOVE IS THE MESSAGE TAN TA RA CD Tommy Boy Eric Kupper Mohamed Moretta Moby USD $7.83 Buy It Now
Lester Young - Jazz in Paris: Le Dernier Message de Lester Young USD $9.54 Buy It Now
MFSB Love Is The Message VG+ QUADRAPHONIC in SHRINK with HYPE STICKER USD $8.00 [0 bids]
RICO RODRIGUEZ ALL STARS rico's message CD jamaican jazz FRANCE jet set 44 410-2 USD $19.99 Buy It Now
MITCHELL-RUFF -After the Message ~ATLANTIC 1458 {nm orig} w/Helcio Milito - USD $18.00 Buy It Now
The Police - Message in a Box (The Complete Recordings) (CD 1993) USD $32.63 [0 bids]
Message In The Box 7 : World Party USD $3.92 Buy It Now
Brian Kennedy Put The Message In The Box CD1 Single USD $7.82 Buy It Now
THE MESSAGE JEJE COOLE ELECTRO LATIN CHE CHE COLE RARE LP VG++ DEAD STOCK+INSERT USD $100.00 Buy It Now
POLICE CDx3 Message in a Box MEDIA AMERICA radio show promo only AUDIOPHILE USD $49.99 Buy It Now
Hear! Garage Promo 45 The Young Men - Get The Message / What Am I Gonna Do On Vi USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Leon Ware - Musical Message [New CD] USD $13.11 Buy It Now
The Police ?Message In A Bottle A&M Records AMS 7474 UK 7" GREEN Vinyl Single USD $14.07 [0 bids]
Love Is the Message + LFO [Single] 2x12" by LFO (1991, Tommy Boy) ELECTRO Bleep USD $6.00 [0 bids]
SHARAM JEY, MESSAGE TO LOVE REMIXES, M/M, 6 Track, Promotional CD Single, White USD $3.90 Buy It Now
Vintage 70s MFSB: Love is the Message Album Record Vinyl LP Shrink w/ Sticker USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Clarinet Virtuosi - SCHUMANN / POULENC / WEBER / MESSAGER etc - Michael COLLINS USD $18.93 [0 bids]
Dionne Warwick 'Message to Michael ' ep uk 1st press rare USD $3.96 [0 bids]
God's Message In Song~The Chordmaster's Quartet~Private Label Xian~FAST SHIPPING USD $42.46 Buy It Now
REDBONE MESSAGE FROM A DRUM ORIGINAL U.S PRESSING GATEFOLD EXCELLENT VINYL USD $12.99 Buy It Now
O'JAYS: Message In The Music LP (promo stamp on cover) Soul USD $8.00 Buy It Now
THE POLICE Message In A Bottle 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip USD $6.33 Buy It Now
Arthur Baker & The Backbeat Disciples 7" Vinyl Single 'The Message Is Love' 1989 USD $2.60 [0 bids]
Seventh-day Adventist Righteousness By Faith Conference MP3 CD/1888 Message USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Message In Blood - Next of kin Skin Oi! hool isd USD $1.81 Buy It Now
METERS **Message From The Meters** NEW ORLEANS SOUL FUNK 45 on JOSIE 1024 Promo USD $20.00 Buy It Now
RYUHEI THE MAN Next Message From The Man 2 LACD-0206 CD JAPAN 2010 NEW USD $56.29 Buy It Now
BRAND NEW "Message Music" CD by: K2S USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Message - Flash Grandmaster Compact Disc USD $17.00 Buy It Now
Four CD The Police Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
NIKOLAJ STEEN feat MELE MEL AND SCORPIO The Message 12" + ps Imago sealed USD $10.00 Buy It Now
The Message - 14 Jazz Masterpieces from the Affinity Cataloque CD Like New USD $3.18 Buy It Now
Gabriel Message. Christmas Suite for Piano by Matt Herskowitz .CD 2000 Very Good USD $3.18 Buy It Now
Kelly Willard - Message From A King [CD New] USD $15.26 Buy It Now 10m 32s
Public Enemy - Muse Sick-N-Hour Mess Age [New CD] USD $7.46 Buy It Now 10m 48s
MESSAGE TO ATTILA (FEAT. PAT METHENY,MIKE STERN U CD NEW+ USD $24.15 Buy It Now 17m 34s
Listen to the Message by Club Nouveau (CD, 1988, Warner Bros.) USD $4.79 Buy It Now 22m 54s
K2s : Message Music CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 23m 5s
The Message From The Mountains Doug Cox~RARE Xian Spoken Word/Inspiration~INSERT USD $15.26 Buy It Now 27m 57s
ANDRAE CROUCH & THE DISCIPLES "TAKE THE MESSAGE EVERYWHERE" LP 1968 GOSPEL CHRIS USD $10.49 Buy It Now 33m 50s
Message-From Books and Dreams German prog psych cd USD $18.99 Buy It Now 43m 55s
LP, Illinois Jacquet, the Message with Kenny Burrell, Cadet CA 722, Reissue, NM USD $8.00 Buy It Now 44m 35s
Josephine Baker - Un Message Pour Toi (1926-37) [New CD] Germany - Import USD $10.44 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Josephine Baker - Un Message Pour Toi (1926-37) [New CD] Germany - Import USD $11.07 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Ray Charles/ A Message from the People Album USD $12.99 [0 bids]
SH-594 Melle Mel & Duke Bootee Message II Survival 1982 USD $29.97 Buy It Now 1h 14m

More places to buy MESSAGE music online Buy MESSAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MESSAGE Message ratings distribution

MESSAGE Message reviews

Review by Progbear
3 stars Less hard-rock, more jazzy and song-oriented than FROM BOOKS AND DREAMS. Some of the tunes (e.g.: "Horrorscope") tend to be a bit silly, but some others are pretty strong ("Before The Dawn", "Waves"). Allan Murdoch's guitar tone has grown to become quite unique, more clear-toned with lots of tremolo and reverb. He is easily at the forefront of the band's sound. There's some uncredited keyboards and female vocals on this album, too.

Something of a transitional release, decent but hardly essential.

Review by Melomaniac
5 stars This album being the only one I know from Message, I cannot compare it to their previous or latter offerings. Therefore, my review will not be biased by the other albums.

What an album it is! Opener "Before Dawn" sets the mood perfectly, fading in with a superb melody courtesy of McGuigan on woodwinds. Every instrument sounds just fantastic, in my humble opinion (listen to that bass sound!!!). The middle section of the song, complete with breathtaking strings arrangments, is superb.

"Thoughts" reminds me of a Moody Blues song (sorry, forgot the title!) with its catchy hook all the way through. The intro is a perfect exemple of McGuigan's mastery of the saxophone, sending shivers down your spine with his stretched notes finishing the intro... You have to be amazed at the solo section, with all instruments building a frantic crescendo in intensity, double-bass drums beat included (and we were in 1975!). Great entertaining song!

The jazzy "Is That the Way" starts off as a ballad building into a somewhat complex mid-tempo middle section with a nice sax solo. Tom McGuigan plays the role of "let down" lyrics wise, sneering his feelings towards the woman object of his dismay... Tongue-in-cheek ballad, nicely done.

"I Can See the World" showcases what is one of the 2 best basslines of the entire album. A wonderfully catchy song with a female chorus. Very upbeat !

"Waters" is definitely my favorite here. The tremolo used in Murdoch's guitar gives the song a weird feel. The main riff could have come from a Voivod or King Crimson album, twisted and dissonnant. The bass line in the instrumental chorus section is just fantastic, Murdoch's offbeat guitar shuffle completing it perfectly, while Von Bohr just slams away as tight as one can be, all supporting McGuigan's wonderful saxophone intervention. Murdoch's solo here is the best of the album, with an octave-fuzz effect making it sound... well... insane!

"Horrorscope" is the funniest track on the album, where McGuigan laughs his butt out at horoscope and their readers. Reminiscent of Gentle Giant, Free Hand, Interview period. Nice percussion jam in the middle.

"Back Home" is another great song (though probably my least favorite, which goes to show how much I appreciate this album), which, strangely enough, reminds me of Iron Maiden in places (listen to the twin harmony guitars and you'll see what I mean).

Album closer "Train to Nowhere" is my other favorite track. The guys really created the perfect train mood musically, and you just have to roll along with them.

All in all, this album never fails to put a smile on my face. I have been listening to it for 10 years now, and it still sounds as marvellous as when I first heard it. If I can find the other albums, I am sure to buy them all!

Review by historian9
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site Admin / JRF Team
4 stars This self titled album MESSAGE really got me thinking. It wasn't the first album that I heard by them. First I stumbled upon the second album "From Books And Dreams" which blew my mind and only the last song "Dreams And Nightmares (Nighmares)" on that album kind of slowed things down for me, not making it the psychedelic/space/heavy/proto-metal masterpiece that it otherwise would be (strong 4 stars though).

After hearing such stuff I was prejudiced when I found this album which was a lot more commercial and less progressive or heavy (you kind of expect it when you see the cover); yet I couldn't find flaws honestly in it. This album really doesn't make me wanna nitpick it at all, it's really an enjoyable listen and from my side, replayed very often. The sound of the band has changed a lot since the debut and their subgenre here on PA barely applies. It's not completely without progressive roots, as for other music like this I was personally reminded of maybe something like heavy progsters BIRTH CONTROL but only after their most creative years, more around the "Increase" album era in 1977. This album by MESSAGE is pretty accessible like that, however, unlike BIRTH CONTROL, it's more jazzy, gives more space to saxophones than their previous efforts, and just frankly, they pull it of better. It's worthy to remind that MESSAGE is a British/German band where vocals belong to the British member. Now I'm not that picky about how strong an accent a singer has, but this may be a feature that gives pretty charming results which maybe wouldn't work if it was Germans who were singing a pop tune. For example "Is That The Way" is a very laid back jazzy ballad and even though it gets complicated in the middle, the rest of it really made me think of RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS for some reason; it's really one of those vintage gem songs that you wouldn't be surprised if it would turn up sampled in a hip hop song one of these days. There is also some humour in "Horrorscope" which also reminds me of BIRTH CONTROL.

Not their most progressive effort, but it is in competition for the best album. Unlike others, it's pretty even throughout and fun, and I have trouble separating highlights from the rest of the songs. Well, "Is That The Way" and "I Can See The World" with female backing vocals might be the lightweight ones, but it still isn't just background music. Weird how they failed to achieve mainstream success as this is pretty good. In any case, I recommend it. It's fun, healthy and good for you.

Post a review of MESSAGE "Message"