STILLE

Good, but non-essential

Buy LACRIMOSA Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. Der Erste Tag (10:11)
2. Not Every Pain Hurts (5:20)
3. Siehst Du Mich Im Licht? (8:18)
4. Deine Nhe (11:02)
5. Stolzes Herz (8:46)
6. Mein Zweites Herz (6:53)
7. Make It End (6:05)
8. Die Strasse der Zeit (14:42)

Search LACRIMOSA Stille lyrics

- Jay P. / bass
- Sascha Gerbig / guitar
- Gottfried Koch / acoustic guitar

2xLP Hall of Sermons HOS 7782 / CD Hall of Sermons HOS 7781

LACRIMOSA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LACRIMOSA Stille Music

Live in Mexico City-First EditionLive in Mexico City-First Edition
Imports 2014
The Singles Collection Revisited (2CD/DVD)The Singles Collection Revisited (2CD/DVD)
End Of The Light 2011
ElodiaElodia
Hall of Sermon 2006
Echos (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)Echos (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
LightgestaltLightgestalt
Hall of Sermon 2005
Live (20th anniversary deluxe edition)Live (20th anniversary deluxe edition)
End Of The Light 2013
Einsamkeit (20th anniversary deluxe edition-2CD)Einsamkeit (20th anniversary deluxe edition-2CD)
End Of The Light 2013
Angst (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)Angst (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)
Lichtjahre (2CD)Lichtjahre (2CD)
End Of The Light 2012
Satura (20th anniversary deluxe edition)Satura (20th anniversary deluxe edition)
End Of The Light 2013
LACRIMOSA ANGST DEBUT RARE UKR ORIGINAL CD BRAND NEW DARKWAVE GOTHIC ROCK!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 51m
LACRIMOSA ECHOS RARE UKR ORIGINAL CD BRAND NEW GOTHIC NEO CLASSICAL METAL!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
LACRIMOSA FASSADE RARE UKR ORIGINAL CD BRAND NEW SYMPHONIC GOTHIC METAL!! US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Lacrimosa ?Live 2CD Tristania Devil Doll Draconian The Gathering Macbeth Sirenia US $3.00 [1 bids]
LACRIMOSA - DURCH NACHT UND FLUT [SINGLE] [727361678128] - NEW CD US $5.33 Buy It Now 8h 11m
LACRIMOSA - LICHTGESTALTEN EP [EP] - NEW CD US $6.92 Buy It Now 8h 16m
LACRIMOSA inferno LTD +1 BONUS DIJIPACK LIMITED EDITION US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Lacrimosa - Fassade (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CD LACRIMOSA Lichtjahre 2CD Russian US $10.00 [0 bids]
LACRIMOSA - LICHTJAHRE - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Lacrimosa - Alles Luge CD single US $5.48 Buy It Now 1 day
~ LACRIMOSA - REVOLUTION ~ MUSIC CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LACRIMOSA. Greatest Hits. Rare Vigma label cassette. NEW, sealed US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
LACRIMOSA. Einsamkeit. cassette. NEW, sealed US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANATHEMA -Resonance Cd,Import cd,Peaceville,Lacrimosa,Therium,Paradise Lost US $2.50 [0 bids]
LACRIMOSA Einsamkeit RARE DIJIPACK VERSION + 1 bonus US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lacrimosa - Fassade (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition CD US $17.59 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA 2005 tour promo MEXICO flyer handbill LATIN AMERICA COLLECTIBLE US $4.24 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA ELODIA + BONUS TRACK SEALED CD NEW US $6.69 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA LICHTJAHRE SEALED 2 CD SET NEW US $8.43 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA INFERNO + BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW US $6.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Lacrimosa - Lschattenspiel [CD New] US $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lacrimosa - Elodia (20th Anniversary Re-Edition) [CD New] US $14.38 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA fassade MINI LP REPLICA CD W POSTER + OBI LTD TO 1000 COPIES US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA elodia MINI LP REPLICA CD W POSTER + OBI LTD TO 1000 COPIES US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lichtgestalt LACRIMOSA LIMITED 2 CD SET *(made in usa) FREE SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LACRIMOSA - ELODIA (REISSUE) NEW CD US $19.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Antichrisis Cantara Anachoreta Empyrium Lacrimosa Alcest Dreams of Sanity Folk US $14.99 [0 bids]
Lacrimosa - Elodia - CD. Near Mint. 2 for 1 P&P US $6.26 [0 bids]
Lacrimosa - Echos - Digipack CD. Near Mint. 2 for 1 P&P US $6.26 [0 bids]
Lacrimosa - Metal Pin / Badge US $6.66 [0 bids]
, Symphony No. 2; Te Deum; Lacrimosa; Magnificat; Kanon Audio CD US $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Wallet (imitation leather, painted) Lacrimosa US $17.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Sehnsucht by Lacrimosa *New CD* US $10.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Devil Doll - Sacrilage Of The Fatal Arms (Lacrimosa, gothic rock) US $7.07 [1 bids]
Goethes Erben - 1.Kapitel rare paradise lost evoken ahab dargaard lacrimosa US $6.00 [0 bids]
LACRIMOSA - SATURA NEW CD US $18.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Lacrimosa - Revolution (Tour Edition) [CD New] US $13.29 Buy It Now 3 days
LACRIMOSA-SATURA CD NEW US $16.92 Buy It Now 3 days
Einsamkeit (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edit - Lacrimosa (2013, CD New) US $14.58 Buy It Now 3 days
LACRIMOSA - FASSADE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $9.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Stolzes Herz by Lacrimosa (CD, Oct-1996, new German not sealed US $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LACRIMOSA - EINSAMKEIT (DLX) NEW CD US $19.21 Buy It Now 3 days
New Kalafina Red Moon CD Japan Lacrimosa storia I have a dream US $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
LACRIMOSA The best of * CD * DK & MOON Rec. US $19.90 Buy It Now 3 days
' The Singles 1993-2009' by LACRIMOSA - rare 10CD box set, Mexico edition US $111.00 [0 bids]
LACRIMOSA - EINSAMKEIT [20TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD BOXSET US $10.43 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Satura (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) CD US $17.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Singles Collection Revisited CD US $19.39 Buy It Now 4 days
H. Isaac - Lacrimosa: Holy Music From T CD US $21.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Live Vol. 1 + Vol. 2 (2 Cassettes) Russia SEALED US $39.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Stille (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Echos (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $24.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Satura (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $24.50 Buy It Now 4 days
LACRIMOSA-Stille (20Th Anniversary Delux CD NEW US $16.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Painted patch Lacrimosa 35 x 40 cm 13.7x15.7 inch. US $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Sehnsucht by Lacrimosa (CD, Apr-2011, 2 Discs, End of the Light) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Lacrimosa - Satura [CD New] US $13.10 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Einsamkeit (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edit [CD New] US $12.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Penderecki-de deum lacrimosa US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Schattenspiel by Lacrimosa (CD, May-2011, 2 Discs, End of the Light) US $11.35 Buy It Now 4 days
LACRIMOSA the singles collection revisited ( 2 CD + DVD ) BEST OF+ RARITIES US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GOTHMINISTER Anima Inferna CD ( RAMMSTEIN, LACRIMOSA, ) US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LACRIMOSA - LICHTJAHRE NEW CD US $21.33 Buy It Now 4 days
LACRIMOSA - Live - CD GOTHIC ROCK NEW US $9.52 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Angst Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Echos Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Einsamkeit Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Elodia Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Fassade Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Inferno Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Live Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Revolution CD [Import] US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Revolution Tour edition 2CD [Import] US $33.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Satura Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Stille Limited Deluxe Edition 2CD [Import] US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa - Satura CD US $17.59 Buy It Now 4 days
LACRIMOSA fassade 2CD SET 15th Anniversary +4 songs US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Alles Luge Mexican Edition CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Angst Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Echos Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Einsamkeit Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Elodia Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Elodia Mini LP Repllica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Fassade Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Inferno Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Lichtgestalt Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Lichtjahre Mexican Edition 2CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Lichtjahre Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Live In Mexico City Mexican Digipak Edition 2CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Live In Mexico City The First Edition Mexican Digipak Fan Club Edition US $37.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Live Mexican Edition 2CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Lycia Christian Dorge Limited Mexican Edition 2CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Lycia Christian Dorge Mexican Edition CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Morning Glory Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Revolution Mexican Edition CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Revolution Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Satura Mini LP Replica Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Schattenspiel Mexican Edition 2CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lacrimosa Sehnsucht Mexican Edition CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy LACRIMOSA music online Buy LACRIMOSA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LACRIMOSA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LACRIMOSA Stille ratings distribution

LACRIMOSA Stille reviews

Review by semismart
4 stars Symphonic Gothique music of the highest order played by Lestat and friend.

Lacrimosa is a German duo consisting of Tilo Wolff and Ann Nurmi formed in 1990. They have started their own record label, Hall of Sermon and have managed to produce eight studio albums, six EPs and one Live album in that time.

Lacrimosa's music is dark, melodious, ambient and symphonic in what could be described as Darkwave / Doom metal with forays into progressive, even heavy metal. Wolff seems to be the creative force and he is creative and prolific having fifteen releases in twelve years. Wolff and Nurmi share the vocal duties with Wolff doing approximately two thirds of the vocals, despite the fact that Nurmi's voice is much better. Tilo and Ann make a striking couple, they act like a couple, I'm sure they're a couple. Tilo with his Prince style 17th century clothes and two toned hair and Ann with her pretty, full, low cut, always black dresses present a royal appearance as if they the King and Queen of Goth or better yet the Vampires. Of course sometimes Ann appears in sexy under clothes and leather like a Dominatrix. But don't let their appearance scare you. This couple play music suitable for a Symphonic Hall. In fact their 2003 release, Echoes, sounds like that's exactly where it came from.

I won't kid anyone, Lacrimosa is not for everyone. It's not accessible, Wolff's voice is barely average, they sing in German and the music is not particularly beautiful as say Therion. It is, however, extremely catchy, loaded with hooks, haunting and generally captivating, plus the music is somewhat varied and there's one song that even sounds like Metallica

After receiving Inferno, I proceeded to order their entire catalog, some 14 more CDs as I've mentioned. After having gone through the entire catalog a couple times I have determined that Stille is one of the three or four best albums, if not the best.

Lacrimosa uses guest musicians for their recording sessions and on the more recent albums have utilized the symphonic orchestras. On Stille they used the Bamberker Symphonic Orchestra and Deutsche Lunkewitz SängerInnen (German Lunkewitz Singers). Each succeeding album seems to get more complicated, lush and at times Bombastic.

I might add too, that Lacrimosa is quite generous with this album running over 70 minutes in length. Just think you could start this album in your Cd player and go do your weekly grocery shopping and put your groceries away to the last 15 or twenty minutes. Why would you want to do this? I don't know, but you could.

Stille

"Der Erste Tag" opens with the symphonic orchestra playing very pretty classical style music. Tilo and Ann perform a duet to backing choirs and some heavy metal parts at about the 4 minute mark. this song has progressive intensities as well as tendencies and it seems like three or four songs in one neat package

"Not Every Pain Hurts"

"When you have the will You learn to forgive and to forget You have to - Collect the broken pieces and Humble hearted Stand up from the place you hide If I wouldn't know to miss anything It couldn't hurt me no more Mistakes tought to build life From the ashes, that fell down to ground"

"Not every Pain Hurts" one of two songs in English, I rated this 4 stars but it would have been higher except for the merry-go-round sounding squeezebox accompaniment in places. Ann is the vocalist on this variable paced piece.

"Siehst du mich im Licht" Tilo and Ann start out sharing vocals on this catchy up tempo rock sounding number as the orchestra stays in the background except, for highlights and vocal breaks. Eventually Tilo takes over vocals

"Deine Nahe" Has a heavy metal beginning with a medium slow pace and intermittently throughout the first half of the song with Tilo singing and then the pace doubles then goes back again and back again (what do you expect on an eleven minute song) Some great piano and guitar solos in the last three minutes. A metal lovers dream.

"Stotzes Herz" this song bounces all over the place. It starts out slow and melodic with Tilo's Sonny Bono quality voice then picks up to slow medium pace then gets ethereal and electronic at the 4 minute mark and my goodness, heavy metal at the 5:30 mark leading to an marching pace uptempo climax.

"Mein Zweites Herz" starts slowly then builds up to a nice orchestra portion then a reflective portion with an organ, Tilo is the Vocalist in moderation as this is heavily instumentalized.

"Make It End" "Listen to the silence Hear your blood running Search for the truth Hear the silence Memories that made you mad Hear, oh hear inside the fear How different Is this burning Giving everything And not finding back"

"Make It End" the other song with English lyrics, a rather clever rock/metal beginning with Tilo and Ann both handling the vocals.

"Die Strasse der Zeit" I'm not even going to describe this song. It is fourteen minutes of lush, bombastic, heavily orchestrated, catchy melodies. wonderful piano and violin. I'm in awe! This is genius!

Conclusion

The trouble with describing these songs is they change so much, not from song to song but within each song. This is wonderful to listen to but a challenge to characterize.

As I earlier stated Lacrimosa is not for everybody and it may also be an acquired taste. An interesting thing about this music is it doesn't demand your attention. It works very nicely as background music.

If I have piqued your interest, compare your likes against this check list:

1) You must like long involved songs. 2) You must like songs with varying tempos. 3) You must have a proclivity for compound styles. 4) Appreciation of choirs and heavy instrumentation. 5) You must overlook Tilos mediocre vocals (it actually goes good with the music) 6) You must not have any preconceived ideas about Gothique.

Similar Artists

Therion, Nightwish, Weltenbrand, Das Vebannter Kinder Evas, Dark Sanctuary

Send comments to semismart (BETA) | Report this review (#33394) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Review by Guillermo
2 stars The cover design of this album illustrates very well the kind of images that the music of this album produced in my mind:darkness, loneliness, "adolescent heroes" looking for answers, etc. These kind of albums and bands have a very clear market, IMO: the so- called "darkies" in my city: teenagers who dress in black, think in "dark", etc. Maybe I`m wrong, but this is the impression that this album left me after listening to it and after seeing the photos of Tilo Wolff and Anne Nurmi in the booklet. There is also included a publicity page for all their albums until 1999. All the covers show a similar design, and it seems like each album is a "Chapter" of a novel or tale, telling the life of the "adolescent hero" who dresses similarly to the character that appears in Marillion`s album covers with Fish.

I found this CD recently among the CDs which belonged to my late father. One of his grandsons (who is not a teenager now and who never have dressed as a "darkie"!) gave to my father this CD as a gift some 6 years ago. I can`t remember if my father listened to this album later, but this grandson talked with us then about this band and others that he liked then, and also played other Lacrimosa`s albums to us. I never convinced him that bands like Genesis , YES or King Crimson were better than Lacrimosa, of course! And I really didn`t like very much the music that he listened then!

This album has very good arrangements, with heavy metal guitars and classical music influences. I don`t like Tilo Wolff`s voice, but I like Anne Nurmi`s voice. The main sound in this album is of distorted guitars mixed above some very good keyboard and orchestral and choral arrangements. But... it still doesn`t convice me to really like it. The drummer is very good, playing very good things sounding like he played them with a drum kit which has two bass drums.

In conclusion: this album is good, but maybe being myself forty-something in age, I tend to not like the albums made for very young people, nearly for the teenagers market. Maybe the image that Lacrimosa gives of their personalities is one thing that I really don`t like. But this album was made with quality,with a very good recording, to say something in justice about it. I really think that Lacrimosa is another "one-man band`s ego trip", and this is another thing that I don`t like very much. I left it to their fans to enjoy it.

I remember that in the mid 90s I read in the now defunct English VOX magazine an interview done wtih Sting. He said something like : "When I was a young boy, I watched the T.V., and some of my favourite bands appeared on it. I remember my father saying about them: "look at that, look at their haircuts... why do you like those bands?" Now, I sometimes watch the T.V with my kids...and when in the screen appear the bands they like...I say to them the same things that my father said to me about the bands that I liked when I was a young boy!"

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#76524) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006

Review by Warthur
2 stars I always find Lacrimosa's albums a decidedly hit-or-miss proposition, and Stille is a perfect example of this; coming out a couple of years after Inferno, which perhaps is my favourite Lacrimosa release, I find that it adopts a grandiose pomposity not justified by the gravitas of the music offered. The vocals present don't quite attain the operatic quality they're groping towards, the classical and metal influences are both drab and fail to grab the listener's attention, and on the whole the music seems sparse and minimalistic where it really cries out to be rich, lush and baroque. In short, it seems to consistently fall short of the standard it sets for itself.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1187896) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 07, 2014

4 stars If I could, i'd rate "Stille" with five stars, but some of the songs in that album are not my cup of tea, so I'll leave it with four stars, which is pretty good indeed. In "Stille", Lacrimosa has left behind the dark mood of previous releases, but it continues being very sad, though. With its ... (read more)

Report this review (#33395) | Posted by | Thursday, April 07, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LACRIMOSA "Stille"