RIFT

rock music collection

Buy PHISH Music
Studio Album, released in 1993

1. Rift (6:13)
2. Fast Enough For You (4:51)
3. Lengthwise (1:19)
4. Maze (8:13)
5. Sparkle (3:54)
6. Horn (3:37)
7. The Wedge (4:57)
8. My Friend, My Friend (6:09)
9. Weigh (5:08)
10. All Things Reconsidered (2:32)
11. Mound (6:02)
12. It's Ice (8:14)
13. Lengthwise (0:34)
14. The Horse (1:23)
15. Silent In The Morning (5:28)

Total time 68:34

- Trey Anastasio / guitar, lead & backing vocals
- Page McConnell / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mike Gordon / bass, backing vocals
- Jonathan Fishman / drums

With:
- Gordon Stone / pedal steel guitar (2)

Artwork: David Welker

CD Elektra ‎- 9 61433-2 (1993, US)

2xLP Jemp Records ‎- JEMP1085 (2015, US) Remastered by Chris Bellman

and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy PHISH Rift Music

PHISH - Rift - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Rift USD $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Rift USD $4.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Rift by Phish (CD, Elektra, 1993) DISC ONLY USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Phish Rift Vinyl 2 LP Deluxe Limited Edition No.#009885, 180gr, JEMP 2015 USD $25.00 [1 bids]
Rift by Phish USD $5.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Phish Rift Vinyl 2 LP Deluxe Limited Edition No.#009902, 180gr, SEALED! USD $25.00 [1 bids]
Phish : Rift CD USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Rift by Phish (CD, Feb-1993, Elektra (Label)) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Phish CD Lot of 9 - Junta Rift Lawnboy Hoist Live One Slip Stitch Farmhouse USD $37.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rift, Phish, Very Good USD $6.30 Buy It Now 4 days
Phish Rift Cd! Also See Jerry Garcia Grateful Dead & Dave Matthews USD $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Phish - Rift (CD, Feb-1993, Elektra (Label)) USD $3.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Phish, Rift, Excellent USD $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Rift USD $5.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Rift by Phish CD, Feb-1993, USD $19.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Rift USD $4.79 Buy It Now 12 days
Rift USD $4.81 Buy It Now 13 days
Rift USD $4.91 Buy It Now 15 days
Lot of 9 Phish CD+ DVD IT Rift Hoist Ghost Lawn Boy Bonus Live May 5 1992 USD $31.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Phish - Rift CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 15 days
PHISH RIFT CD 1993 ELEKTRA RECORDS psychedelic JAM rock TREY ANASTASIO 15 SONGS USD $7.91 Buy It Now 17 days
Rift USD $5.30 Buy It Now 17 days
Rift USD $5.20 Buy It Now 18 days
RIFT CD PHISH BRAND NEW SEALED USD $19.79 Buy It Now 18 days
2-PHISH CDS~LAWN BOY & RIFT [BOTH VERY GOOD +] USD $9.25 Buy It Now 18 days
PHISH - Rift CD ( 1993, Elektra, jam Rock ) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Rift by Phish (CD), Bought new - one owner great condition! USD $5.25 Buy It Now 20 days
Phish: SIket Disc Vinyl LP. A Picture Of Nectar. Rift. Junta. Party Time. Fuego. USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Rift USD $5.49 Buy It Now 21 days
Rift by Phish (CD, Feb-1993, Elektra (Label)) USED POP ROCK FREE US SHIPPING USD $9.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Rift by Phish (CD, Feb-1993, Elektra (Label)) BRAND NEW AND SEALED!!! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Phish : Rift CD (BMG D 101238) Audio Complete Great Shape USD $5.19 Buy It Now 23 days
PHISH CDs LOT OF 3 Billy Breathes, Undermind, & Rift USD $12.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Phish : Rift CD USD $5.10 Buy It Now 26 days
Rift USD $6.01 Buy It Now 27 days
Rift 2LP USD $135.22 Buy It Now 27 days
PHISH - Rift - Electra 1993 USD $4.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Phish 9 Studio Album Cds Lawn Undermind Junta Round Joy Rift Story Picture Hoist USD $55.50 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PHISH music online Buy PHISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

PHISH Rift ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(34%)

PHISH Rift reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars "Rift" was the second Phish album recorded for Electra, coming after the exuberant, but not very prog "A Picture Of Nectar". It's less energetic than the previous album, but there is more prog on it. But I still think I prefer the other album.

The prog begins a bit in Maze, and the intro to My Friend, My Friend, but really gets going in the excellent All Things Reconsidered (an obvious reference to the famous NPR news radio program, and it's catchy theme sons), and Mound.

The main drawback to the album is a relative lack of the type of jamming that made Phish famous, and draws the large crowds to their live shows.

Not bad, but not one of their better sets.

5 stars If you thought that Phish's first three releases were progressive, then this album is the creative peak of the band's specific progressive style. Not to say that this is any better than the album prior to this, A Picture of Nectar, which happens to be my favorite album by the band, but this is de ... (read more)

Report this review (#1346513) | Posted by aglasshouse | Friday, January 16, 2015 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Ah, the early 90s. What a great time for weird music that was somehow 'commercial.' This was my introduction to Phish, and it led me to become a rabid fan...until they started making really horrid albums (Farmhouse, for example). As a diehard Rush fan, this was initially a challenging listen, since ... (read more)

Report this review (#797197) | Posted by pearty | Monday, July 30, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Rift stands as (in my opinion) their strongest and most accessible album, even more than the "commercialized" Billy Breathes album. Some of their best work is found here, including the title track "Rift", which showcases Anastasio's brilliant guitar work. Other bright spots are "Maze", "Moun ... (read more)

Report this review (#118281) | Posted by Disconnect | Friday, April 13, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars OK, I hate jam bands for the most part. That whole Dead scene does not sit well in my ears. I used to associate Phish with the Dead. NO MORE! I was astounded by the technical prowess of these guys. This is not your average jam band. They definitely bring in Progressive Rock elements into t ... (read more)

Report this review (#86482) | Posted by StyLaZyn | Thursday, August 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Rift was the first Phish abum I ever heard and I still love it dearly 12 years after first hearing it. This was Phish's sixth album and fourth officially released. This is probably their last truly progressive album. Although their are elements of prog on all of their albums, I wouldn't cat ... (read more)

Report this review (#72486) | Posted by Gianthogweed | Tuesday, March 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars My personal favorite of all Phish's albums is Rift . A perfect example of what Art Rock should be . You notice I say Art Rock and not Jam Bands . This is due to the fact that while they are a Jam Band , extensively jamming at concerts . This album is a concrete,creative,complex piece of work , ... (read more)

Report this review (#45276) | Posted by B360Lightning | Friday, September 2, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars For the casual listener, I reccommend the newer stuff like Farmhouse or the Story of the Ghost. For the progger, this is the finest Phish album in the catalog- even more so than their superb debut Junta. The band had been touring behind the highly eclectic A Picture of Nectar for months, and they ... (read more)

Report this review (#43035) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 16, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars There are so many classics on this CD that it is a Must Have! Great FAST ENOUGH, MAZE, HORN, MY FRIEND, and so on. These Studio Versions are very well played and sound very close to the live Performances. ... (read more)

Report this review (#33642) | Posted by | Friday, March 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PHISH "Rift"