LAWN BOY

Phish Lawn Boy album cover

rock music collection

Buy PHISH Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. The squirming coil (6:04)
2. Reba (12:27)
3. My sweet one (2:07)
4. Split open and melt (4:42)
5. Oh Kee Pa ceremony (1:41)
6. Bathtub gin (4:29)
7. Run like an antelope (9:52)
8. Lawn boy (2:32)
9. Bouncing around the room (3:56)

Search PHISH Lawn Boy lyrics

Search PHISH Lawn Boy tabs

- Trey Anastasio / guitar, vocals
- Jonathan Fishman / drums, vacuum, vocals
- Mike Gordon / bass, vocals
- Page McConnell / piano, organ, vocals

Guest musicians:
- Dave Grippo / alto saxophone (3)
- Christine Lynch / vocals (3)
- Russell B. Remington / tenor saxophone (3)
- Joseph Sommerville / trumpet (3)

CD Absolute A Go-Go/Rough Trade / CD Elektra 9 61275 (1992)

PHISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PHISH Lawn Boy Music

Lawn BoyLawn Boy
Elektra / Wea 1992
Lawn Boy by Phish (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $0.89 [0 bids]
PHISH Lawn Boy LP Holy Grail Rare OG! In MINT-- cond. w/ inner sleeve USD $1,299.99 Buy It Now 21h 47m
Phish Record Store Day! Phish Lawn Boy Vinyl! Brand New! #1539! Phish Vinyl! USD $99.99 [0 bids]
Lawn Boy by Phish (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
PHISH Lawn Boy 180-gram VINYL 2xLP RSD Record Store Day SEALED/NEW Numbered USD $115.69 Buy It Now 5 days
Lawn Boy by Phish (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
PHISH - Lawn Boy - CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
PHISH - 22 CD LOT - HAMPTON COMES ALIVE GHOST LIVE JUNTA LAWN BOY RIFT HOIST USD $29.99 [0 bids]
PHISH LAWN BOY Record Store Day USD $55.00 [0 bids]
USD $99.99 Buy It Now
Phish "Lawn Boy" music CD USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Phish,Lawn Boy,1992 Elektra Press.VG Cond. USD $2.24 [0 bids]
USD $3.24 Buy It Now
PHISH Lawn Boy ORIGINAL LP Absolute A Go Go RARE Great Shape Trey Anastasio  USD $599.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Lawn Boy by Phish (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Phish - LP - Lawn Boy - Original - Rare - Absolute A Go Go Records - AGO 1992-1 USD $1,000.00 Buy It Now 11 days
PHISH cassette LAWN BOY USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Lawn Boy, Phish, Good USD $6.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Lawn Boy by Phish  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  Free Ship USD $7.50 Buy It Now 16 days
PHISH "Lawn Boy" Record Store Day limited release SEALED LP RSD # USD $199.00 Buy It Now 17 days
PHISH, LAWN BOY CD, Elektra 9 61275-2, Trey Anastasio, Jam Band!, SHIPS US FREE! USD $8.09 Buy It Now 20 days
Lot of 2 Lawn Boy & Round Room - Phish (2 CD) USD $6.98 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PHISH music online Buy PHISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PHISH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PHISH Lawn Boy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(38%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(40%)

PHISH Lawn Boy reviews

Review by Flucktrot
3 stars This one fits the "good, but non-essential" label to a T. It's so goofy in places that I have to remind myself that silliness is just part of the Phish experience, and it's worth tuning out if the music is good. And it has taken me a while to feel this way, but I do think most of this stuff is actually pretty good. Just don't always listen too close to your first impression.

They really pick up where they left off on their previous album. On Reba and Run Like an Antelope, we get plenty of good instrumental workouts--even with completely asinine lyrics on Reba--characterized by Phish's pseudo-jazzy, lighthearted style. Although there are many characteristics of the band I don't care for, this is one side of them that I enjoy every time. Very tight playing.

Squirming Coil is also very nice, with some impressive--at least for this band--vocal harmonies, a good instrumental break, and even some fun additions, such as the Queen-style falsetto toward the end. Even some of the throwaways, such as The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony don't feel completely like throwaways.

I'm not a Phish-head, and some people are shocked to hear that I like some of their stuff. I can't help it--give me decent prog and I'll probably enjoy it! That being said, even by this early point, some of their music is starting to sound a bit too familiar, so I'm probably going to have to limit my Phish exposure from this point forward.

Send comments to Flucktrot (BETA) | Report this review (#285506) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 07, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars While this album has even more humor in it than the previous release, "Junta", there is still quite a bit of great prog rock here. The style of music is eclectic. You can hear mostly a Grateful Dead influence, but there is also a Canterbury Scene approach to the songwriting. And of course, the band will play whetever style they feel like playing, often mixing genres in the same track.

The best songs are IThe Squirming Coil, Split Open And Melt, and the Steely Dan-like Bathtub Gin. One strange side story: this album was panned from in-store air play by upper management at the store I worked in when a customer with an "alternative lifestyle" misheard the lyrics to Reba. The company manager even came by and plainly heard "Bag it, tag it", but since the customer complained, he insisted we not play the disk.

I'm not terribly fond of the bluegrass My Sweet One or the country The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony or the low key title track. But I still give this four stars.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#300116) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review by Starhammer
3 stars "Bag it, tag it, sell it to the butcher in the store..."

Not to be confused with the bath loving Scotsman of Marillion fame, this is Phish, the renowned jam band from Vermont. And they are renowned, but mainly for their menagerie of live albums. In comparison their studio efforts are often looked upon as mere blueprints for potentially glorious architecture, and this sophomore release features many concert staples.

I am by no means a Phish fan, sure I enjoy their music and own a couple of their live releases, but I don't worship them like many of their die-hard followers. And so I am somewhat surprised at how much this album has grown on me over time! It's quirky, its loveable, and the lyrics are to literature what Dagmar Krause is to vocals. Don't expect that just because this is a studio recording it loses the groove of the live setting as there are plenty of intricate moments, as well as extended improvisation on the longer tracks.

The Verdict: A excellent starting point for any Phish collection.

Send comments to Starhammer (BETA) | Report this review (#562297) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 04, 2011

5 stars The Jam Band scene occupy a sort of middle ground for me and many other Progheads. The musicians are immensely talented, the music is ambitious and the compositions are often excellent. However it is also true that most of these bands are more inspired by Country and Bluegrass by way of the Grateful ... (read more)

Report this review (#951377) | Posted by Knapitatet | Monday, April 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Many prog fans might not consider this prog in the traditional sense, but than again, since when was PROGRESSIVE music not considered prog? Isn't that what prog always used to be about? With that said, you're not going to find one cohesive style throughout this album (with the exception of the f ... (read more)

Report this review (#108342) | Posted by FragileDT | Monday, January 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A somewhat overlooked classic from a band that usually is overlooked by fans of progressive rock who probably think they were just some odd hippy jam band. Are they truly progressive rock ? Well they truly are very progressive and inventive. Closely related to the old Canterbury scene in soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#84956) | Posted by B360Lightning | Thursday, July 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Phish's fourth album (second officially released) is just as good as their previous, albeit shorter. Every song here is excellent. The Squirming Coil is an underrated gem of progressive music, the build up and decent is quite beautiful. Reba is probaby my favorite on the album. Like many P ... (read more)

Report this review (#72483) | Posted by Gianthogweed | Tuesday, March 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Now Phish though musically complex, I never would label a Progressive group. However, they do have Prog-rock motiffs. Namely, Reba, That song goes into one hell of a jam, I thought they were similar to YES from their first 3 albums!!! Their is a lot of Jazz influence and some classical influen ... (read more)

Report this review (#33643) | Posted by | Friday, January 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PHISH "Lawn Boy"