LAWN BOY

Phish Lawn Boy album cover

rock music collection

Buy PHISH Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. The Squirming Coil (6:01)
2. Reba (12:25)
3. My Sweet One (2:08)
4. Split Open And Melt (4:43)
5. The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony (1:40)
6. Bathtub Gin (4:28)
7. Run Like An Antelope (9:51)
8. Lawn Boy (2:31)
9. Bouncing Around The Room (3:57)

Total time 47:44

Bonus track on 1990 CD release:
10. Fee (5:23)

Search PHISH Lawn Boy lyrics

Search PHISH Lawn Boy tabs

- Trey Anastasio / guitar, horn arrangements, lead & backing vocals
- Page McConnell / piano, organ, backing vocals
- Mike Gordon / bass, backing vocals
- Jonathan Fishman / drums, backing vocals, "vacuum"

With:
- Dean "The Cheese" LaBrie / Heavy Metal screams
- Christine Lynch / backing vocals (4)
Giant Country Horns:
- Dave Grippo / alto saxophone (4)
- Russell B. Remington / tenor saxophone (4)
- Joseph Sommerville, Jr. / trumpet (4)

Artwork: Media Ministers with B. C. Kagan (photo)

LP Absolute A Go Go Records ‎- AGO 1992-1 (1990, US)

CD Absolute A Go Go Records ‎- AGO 1992-2 (1990, US) With a bonus track taken from "Junta"
CD Elektra ‎- 9 61275-2 (1992, US) Remastered, omiting the bonus track on 1990 CD

and to Quinino for the last updates

PHISH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PHISH Lawn Boy Music

Phish: Lawn Boy (180g) Vinyl 2LPPhish: Lawn Boy (180g) Vinyl 2LP
Jemp Records
Vinyl$49.99
Lawn BoyLawn Boy
Elektra / Wea 1992
Lawn Boy by Phish (1992-06-30)Lawn Boy by Phish (1992-06-30)
Warner

Phish~Lawn Boy~Factory Sealed, Deluxe 2LP 180 Gram Remastered Sealed USD $89.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Phish - Lawn Boy Deluxe Vinyl 2xLP Black 180 Gram Sealed New USD $27.00 [4 bids]
PHISH Lawn Boy CD Trey Anastasio Jam Band USD $2.00 [1 bids]
Phish CD Lawn Boy Absolute Elektra 9 61275-2 Bouncing Around the Room USD $15.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Sealed Phish RSD Lawn Boy 2-LP 180 Gram Vinyl LPS Numbered w/Download USD $132.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Phish-Lawn Boy CD Elektra 9 61275-2 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
PHISH LAWN BOY LP Rare Original Vinyl On ABSOLUTE A GO GO Records VG+! USD $399.00 Buy It Now 8 days
PHISH Lawn Boy 2013 RSD 2LP Ltd. to 7500 > SEALED USD $79.95 Buy It Now 9 days
[Limited Edition] Lawn Boy by Phish Double Vinyl LP (RSD Apr 2013) Number 003976 USD $42.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Phish - Lawn Boy LP [Vinyl New] 180gm 2LP Etched D-side Gatefold + Download USD $54.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Phish - Lawn Boy 2x LP 180g Vinyl RI NEW USD $65.99 Buy It Now 13 days
PHISH Lawn Boy 180-gram VINYL 2xLP SEALED/NEW Numbered RSD 2013 Etched D-Side USD $167.19 Buy It Now 13 days
Lawn Boy by Phish (Vinyl, Apr-2013, Jemp Records) USD $74.95 Buy It Now 14 days
PHISH-LAWN BOY ON JEMP ROCK LP-LIMITED EDITION RSD 2013 SEALED! NUMBERED, 2LP, E USD $89.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Phish Lawn Boy CD pre-owned USD $10.50 Buy It Now 17 days
PHISH-LAWN BOY (DLCD) (OGV) VINYL LP NEW USD $48.63 Buy It Now 17 days
Phish Lawn Boy 1990 Elektra Entertainment cd2504 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Phish - Lawn Boy Deluxe Vinyl 2xLP Black 180 Gram Sealed New USD $47.55 Buy It Now 20 days
Phish - Lawn Boy CD USD $16.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Lawn Boy by Phish (CD Elektra ) USD $24.95 Buy It Now 22 days
PHISH - LAWN BOY. / IMPORT. ( TREY ANASTASIO BAND , GRATEFUL DEAD , MOE. ) USD $11.82 Buy It Now 22 days
PHISH-8CD Set-Hoist/Joy/Undermind/Billy Breathes/Lawn Boy/Round Room/Same/Ghost USD $69.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Lawn Boy by Phish (Music CD / Audio CD) - New and Mint Condition in Shrink Wrap! USD $27.50 Buy It Now 25 days
Lawn Boy by Phish (Vinyl, Apr-2013, Jemp Records) USD $150.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Phish - Lawn Boy (CD, 1990, Elektra) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 27 days
PHISH LAWN BOY HOIST SLIP STITCH AND PASS CD LOT 3 JAM BAND PSYCH ROCK ANASTASIO USD $15.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy PHISH music online Buy PHISH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

PHISH Lawn Boy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(35%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(40%)

PHISH Lawn Boy reviews

Review by Flucktrot
3 stars This one fits the "good, but non-essential" label to a T. It's so goofy in places that I have to remind myself that silliness is just part of the Phish experience, and it's worth tuning out if the music is good. And it has taken me a while to feel this way, but I do think most of this stuff is actually pretty good. Just don't always listen too close to your first impression.

They really pick up where they left off on their previous album. On Reba and Run Like an Antelope, we get plenty of good instrumental workouts--even with completely asinine lyrics on Reba--characterized by Phish's pseudo-jazzy, lighthearted style. Although there are many characteristics of the band I don't care for, this is one side of them that I enjoy every time. Very tight playing.

Squirming Coil is also very nice, with some impressive--at least for this band--vocal harmonies, a good instrumental break, and even some fun additions, such as the Queen-style falsetto toward the end. Even some of the throwaways, such as The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony don't feel completely like throwaways.

I'm not a Phish-head, and some people are shocked to hear that I like some of their stuff. I can't help it--give me decent prog and I'll probably enjoy it! That being said, even by this early point, some of their music is starting to sound a bit too familiar, so I'm probably going to have to limit my Phish exposure from this point forward.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars While this album has even more humor in it than the previous release, "Junta", there is still quite a bit of great prog rock here. The style of music is eclectic. You can hear mostly a Grateful Dead influence, but there is also a Canterbury Scene approach to the songwriting. And of course, the band will play whetever style they feel like playing, often mixing genres in the same track.

The best songs are IThe Squirming Coil, Split Open And Melt, and the Steely Dan-like Bathtub Gin. One strange side story: this album was panned from in-store air play by upper management at the store I worked in when a customer with an "alternative lifestyle" misheard the lyrics to Reba. The company manager even came by and plainly heard "Bag it, tag it", but since the customer complained, he insisted we not play the disk.

I'm not terribly fond of the bluegrass My Sweet One or the country The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony or the low key title track. But I still give this four stars.

Review by Starhammer
3 stars "Bag it, tag it, sell it to the butcher in the store..."

Not to be confused with the bath loving Scotsman of Marillion fame, this is Phish, the renowned jam band from Vermont. And they are renowned, but mainly for their menagerie of live albums. In comparison their studio efforts are often looked upon as mere blueprints for potentially glorious architecture, and this sophomore release features many concert staples.

I am by no means a Phish fan, sure I enjoy their music and own a couple of their live releases, but I don't worship them like many of their die-hard followers. And so I am somewhat surprised at how much this album has grown on me over time! It's quirky, its loveable, and the lyrics are to literature what Dagmar Krause is to vocals. Don't expect that just because this is a studio recording it loses the groove of the live setting as there are plenty of intricate moments, as well as extended improvisation on the longer tracks.

The Verdict: A excellent starting point for any Phish collection.

5 stars The Jam Band scene occupy a sort of middle ground for me and many other Progheads. The musicians are immensely talented, the music is ambitious and the compositions are often excellent. However it is also true that most of these bands are more inspired by Country and Bluegrass by way of the Grateful ... (read more)

Report this review (#951377) | Posted by Knapitatet | Monday, April 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Many prog fans might not consider this prog in the traditional sense, but than again, since when was PROGRESSIVE music not considered prog? Isn't that what prog always used to be about? With that said, you're not going to find one cohesive style throughout this album (with the exception of the f ... (read more)

Report this review (#108342) | Posted by FragileDT | Monday, January 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A somewhat overlooked classic from a band that usually is overlooked by fans of progressive rock who probably think they were just some odd hippy jam band. Are they truly progressive rock ? Well they truly are very progressive and inventive. Closely related to the old Canterbury scene in soun ... (read more)

Report this review (#84956) | Posted by B360Lightning | Thursday, July 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Phish's fourth album (second officially released) is just as good as their previous, albeit shorter. Every song here is excellent. The Squirming Coil is an underrated gem of progressive music, the build up and decent is quite beautiful. Reba is probaby my favorite on the album. Like many P ... (read more)

Report this review (#72483) | Posted by Gianthogweed | Tuesday, March 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Now Phish though musically complex, I never would label a Progressive group. However, they do have Prog-rock motiffs. Namely, Reba, That song goes into one hell of a jam, I thought they were similar to YES from their first 3 albums!!! Their is a lot of Jazz influence and some classical influen ... (read more)

Report this review (#33643) | Posted by | Friday, January 14, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PHISH "Lawn Boy"