THE EXPEDITION

Kamelot

Kamelot The Expedition  album cover

Buy KAMELOT Music
Live, released in 2000

1. Until Kingdom Come (5:22)
2. Expedition (5:41)
3. The Shadow Of Uther (4:13)
4. Millennium (6:27)
5. A Sailorman's Hymn (4:52)
6. The Fourth Legacy (5:49)
7. Call Of The Sea (8:21)
8. Desert Reign/Nights of Arabia(7:41)
9. We Three Kings (4:44)
10. One Day (4:10)
11. We Are Not Separate (3:36)

Search KAMELOT The Expedition lyrics

- Casey Grillo / drums

Guest:
- Günter Werno / keyboards

CD Noise Records

KAMELOT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KAMELOT The Expedition Music

Black HaloBlack Halo
Steamhammer Us 2005
EpicaEpica
Noise 2003
Silverthorn (Limited Edition 2CD Box)Silverthorn (Limited Edition 2CD Box)
Box set · Limited Edition
Steamhammer Us 2006
Kamelot: One Cold Winter's NightKamelot: One Cold Winter's Night
Steamhammer Us 2006
DVD$15.25
KAMELOT one cold winter's night 2CD LIMITED DIGIPAK ED US $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
REINXEED 1912 RHAPSODY OF FIRE DRAGONFORCE KAMELOT SONATA ARCTICA STRATOVARIUS US $16.00 Buy It Now 3h 37m
STRATOVARIUS "Infinite" CD+3 (Power Metal) EDGUY=KAMELOT=HAMMERFALL=HELLOWEEN US $6.99 [0 bids]
5h
STRATOVARIUS "Intermission" CD+1 Power Metal EDGUY=KAMELOT=HAMMERFALL=HELLOWEEN US $6.99 [0 bids]
5h
STRATOVARIUS "Destiny" / "Visions Of Europe: V2" CD (Power Metal) EDGUY=KAMELOT US $7.99 [0 bids]
5h
STRATOVARIUS "Fourth Dimension" / "Father Time" CD (Power Metal) EDGUY=KAMELOT US $7.99 [0 bids]
5h
KAMELOT "Silver Thorn" Top new power metal heavy symphonic prog CONCEPTION BLAZE US $7.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT.GHOST OPERA.D-LP 2007.SEALED.SPV ORIGINAL. US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
KAMELOT Poetry For The Poisoned (Vinyl 2LP) New Sealed US $39.22 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Epica [Digipak] by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003 Symphony X Helloween Avantasia US $5.99 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Poetry For The Poisoned [Deluxe Edition] Kamelot Audio CD US $10.39 Buy It Now 15h 41m
Kamelot - Ghost Opera NEW LP US $25.11 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Kamelot - Silverthorn (2lp) NEW 2 x LP US $31.94 Buy It Now 15h 43m
KAMELOT Silverthorn (1 Bonus Track) CD Korea EPICA RAGE US $13.99 Buy It Now 16h 45m
Kamelot - Siege Perilous [CD New] US $9.74 Buy It Now 23h 4m
LABYRINTH: 6 DAYS TO NOWHERE JAPANESE CD STICKER KAMELOT AZRAEL PROG METAL US $11.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Eternity (Japan) / VICP-5625 US $11.50 [2 bids]
Kamelot - Ghost Opera (Japan+1) / 12 Track + STICKER + BOX VERSION US $15.50 [4 bids]
Kamelot - Silver Thorn (Japan+1) / 13 Track + BOX VERSION US $10.99 [3 bids]
KAMELOT KARMA REQUIEM INNOCENT TEMPLE GOLD FALL GRACE 01CD POWER METAL PROG ROCK US $5.77 [0 bids]
KAMELOT (U.S.) - KARMA [KAMELOT (U.S.)] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $11.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot - Silverthorn [CD New] US $12.17 Buy It Now 1 day
SIEGE PERILOUS BY KAMELOT (CD) US $17.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Silverthorn * KAMELOT CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Helloween: Rabbit Don't Come Easy CD Gamma Ray Kamelot Edguy Evergrey US $3.00 [0 bids]
Helloween: Master of the Rings CD Gamma Ray Kamelot Edguy Evergrey US $3.00 [0 bids]
Helloween: The Time of the Oath CD Gamma Ray Kamelot Edguy Evergrey US $3.00 [1 bids]
Poetry for the Poisoned Kamelot CD US $13.41 Buy It Now 1 day
KARELIA Raise ( rhapsody , kamelot , ) epic metal cd US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
One Cold Winters Night by Kamelot US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KAMELOT-SILVERTHORN-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $30.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ghost Opera Kamelot CD US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamelot Ghost Opera LPx2 G 693723959016 Steamhammer new US $14.98 [0 bids]
Kamelot Silverthorn LPx2 G 886922604515 Steamhammer new US $14.98 [0 bids]
Kamelot The Black Halo LPx2 G 693723695716 Steamhammer new US $14.98 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned CD (U.S. - Kamelot Media Group) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot - Silverthorn - CD (2012) US $1.66 [1 bids]
KAMELOT-POETRY FOR THE POISONED-JAPAN CD F75 US $30.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RHAPSODY - legendary tales -1997-indonesia tape- kamelot Luca Turilli gamma ray US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EDGUY -vain glory opera-1998-indonesia cassette- Avantasia gamma ray kamelot US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EVERFLOW-Abandoned Dream Theater,Crimson Glory,Kamelot US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DREAM STEEL - You (CD 2008) Power Metal Labyrinth Angra Kamelot Symphony X US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot / Epica JAPAN+1 OOP!!!!!!!!!! T-A US $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot / Eternity JAPAN VICP-5625 ORG!!!!! US $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT Ghost Opera Cd Org07 Steamhammer Slimline Promo Veni Domine Angra US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera CD Promo US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot - Siege Perilous (CD New) US $6.47 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - Poetry For The Poisoned CD + DVD $2.99 Ship US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD & DVD $2.99 S&H US $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Kamelot / Karma Japan CD w Obi VICP-61607 US $24.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT ETERNITY CD 1995 DEBUT POWER METAL US $3.73 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED DOUBLE VINYL LP SEALED 0205708ERE US $28.56 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera [Vinyl New] US $24.23 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT 2012 CD - Silverthorn - Ltd.Digibook - Power Metal/Seventh Wonder/SEALED US $11.99 [0 bids]
Kamelot Poetry For The Poisoned CD NEW US $14.39 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot Poetry For The Poisoned (Bonus Dvd) (Dig) CD NEW US $17.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot Ghost Opera Second Coming (2Cd CD NEW US $16.78 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot- Silverthorn BLUE colored vinyl record LP. Edguy, Avantasia. Blind Guard US $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003, Noise (USA)) US $10.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Symphony of Enchanted Lands II: Rhapsody Kamelot Symphony X Avantasia Edguy US $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA THE SECOND COMING 2 CD SET + BONUS US $6.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Poetry for the Poisoned [CD/DVD] KAMELOT ( FREE SHIPPING) US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot Ghost Opera 12" VINYL NEW US $22.24 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED, ORG 2010 GERMAN vinyl 2LP, NEW - SEALED! US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot / Silverthorn (+1 Bonus Track) cd NEW SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Black Halo - Kamelot New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.19 Buy It Now 5 days
KAMELOT - BLACK HALO NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 5 days
Kamelot Kamelot-Ghost Opera 2NEW CD Sealed Russian Edition US $14.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT- The Black Halo 2-LP (2009 Double Vinyl) Gatefold Heavy Metal US $21.83 Buy It Now 6 days
Kamelot - Fourth Legacy CD Symphony X Blind Guardian Rhapsody Angra Gamma Ray US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Origins Shaman CD DVD Angra Kamelot Helloween Avantasia US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CONCEPTION Parallel Minds '93 JAPAN 1ST CD w/OBI OOP PROG POWER Roy Khan KAMELOT US $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
IAN PARRY Consortium Project +2 JAPAN w/OBI OOP ELEGY AYREON KAMELOT VANDEN PLAS US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SOILWORK / KAMELOT 2013 Australian Tour Poster Double Side A2 Size US $8.40 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN - 260452 US $19.78 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT - POETRY FOR THE POISONED CD (brand new) US $7.48 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $11.68 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW Epica - Kamelot US $9.03 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT one cold winter night 2 CD NEW LIVE ( epic US $10.95 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT-SILVERTHORN-2012-180g 2xLP BLUE VINYL+INNERS-MOONSPELL-NEW+SEALED US $42.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Poetry for the Poisoned by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Sep-2... US $10.42 Buy It Now 7 days
Project Creation-Floating World RARE CD Epica Nightwish Kamelot Therion style US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT - SILVERTHORN CD (SEALED) + BONUS TRACK $2.99 S&H US $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Karma by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Jan-2003, Noise (USA)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
KAMELOT Eternity CD 1995 1st edition US $20.50 [0 bids]
Silverthorn - Kamelot (2012, CD New) US $9.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Silverthorn (NEW CD) US $23.10 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned (Music CD) US $17.15 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT THE FOURTH LEGACY CD RARE MADE IN BRAZIL Manowar Hellowen Angra US $9.66 Buy It Now 8 days
HEAVENS GATE Hell For Sale +1 FIRST JAPAN CD OBI VICP-5208 Kamelot Edguy Aina US $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Karma - Kamelot (2003, CD New) US $7.50 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT - KARMA NEW CD US $16.98 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT GHOST OPERA SEALED CD NEW US $5.88 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Epica US $20.96 Buy It Now 8 days
Karma Kamelot CD US $7.64 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT**SILVERTHORN (LIMITED EDITION)**2CD + BOOK US $16.07 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT**POETRY FOR THE POISONED(DIGI)**CD+DVD US $16.73 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Black Halo [CD New] US $14.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Kamelot - Ghost Opera [Limited Edition Digipak] [Bonus DVD] (Music CD) US $26.89 Buy It Now 8 days
KAMELOT**POETRY FOR THE POISONED**CD US $10.93 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy KAMELOT music online Buy KAMELOT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KAMELOT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KAMELOT The Expedition ratings distribution

KAMELOT The Expedition reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars You must be familiar with the studio albums first .

The first time I listened to this album was during the rock program broadcasted at local FM classic rock radio (which is now defunct - what a pity!) from my metal colleagues who were about to go on air with heavy stuffs. Given interesting live cover album which reminded me to Marillion's "Real To Reel" albums where all band members pictures were put in circle (in the case of Marillion it was just like a reel wheel). But, my journey with the band moved on since I knew "Karma" for the first time and it blew me away. I then followed every album the band produced until "The Black Hallo" and the previous album before "Karma", i.e. "The Fourth Legacy". All albums are excellent and some of them I consider as "masterpiece" of power metal album. It was Kamelot that brought me to the attention for power metal with bands like Germany's "Helloween", Italian "Rhapsody". What an energetic music these bands play!

AS time went by, my curiosity with Kamelot grew and by the time I purchased the DVD of Kamelot live "One Cold Winter's Night", I reassured my love to the band started to collect albums that I don't own it before even though I knew that it might be disappointing. No point, isn't it? Once you love a band, you don' care anymore their music before the good ones, right? How could you let yourself not owning "From Genesis To Revelation" if you claim yourself as Genesis die hard fan? Or not owning "Time and A Word" album if you claim a die hard fan of Yes? You just basically want to hear how the band sounded like during their embryonic period. That's of course not the case for King Crimson when their debut album already surprised the music industry!

Let's come back to this live album by Kamelot. How do I see this album after I have been so familiar with the band? This is a good live record, indeed, performed by the same line-up when the band recorded their latest DVD. Musically, this performance is really good because I can hear all subtleties and great melody the music offers through this live album. Even though the recording sonic quality is not excellent, but it's not bad at all. I can grab clearly the energy and dynamics of the live performance. I especially like when Khan announce "This is from my new album The Fourth Legacy ." and the music brings to "The Shadow of Uther" in an excellent way. The better melody is then presented under "A Sailorman's Hymn" which does not resemble any relation at all with power metal music as the tempo is slow and the melody is catchy. What comes later is the song that I really like, starting from "New Alligiance" (track name is not included, it's considered as next track) to "The Fourth Legacy". WOW!!!!! This is the best song this live record offers. The melody really kills me. I always play this song loudly (studio version) with my wife who also loves this song very much. This has become, in fact, our "love song". Opo tumon? How can it be, a song as powerful as this one, as heavy as this one, is considered as "romantic" song? Well guys, try to understand the melody line! You would definitely agree with me! We especially love the melody when the lyrical verse says : "You will find the new allegiance like a beacon in the night. If you're searching for salvation reach inside .. There's a new world approaching. A Fire to be seen, in following The Fourth Legacy ..". Oh man . what a killing melody! I also like the part where Roy Khan introduces the band members under "Call of The Sea". It's so rocking because every member shows their talent by providing solo work. It's like Fish of Marillion in Real To Reel album. The live vibes created by Kamelot in this album is really excellent!

Overall, this is really a good live album. But, I would not suggest you buy this CD until you are familiar with the music of Kamelot. You should have owned "The Fourth Legacy", "Karma", "Epica", and "The Black Hallo". I tend to give this live album as four stars considering performance and live vibes and the sonic quality is bare 3 stars. But I'm sure, if you are familiar with the band's studio albums, you would give this as four stars album! Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

DragonForce "Inhuman Rampage World Tour" Live in Jakarta, May 19, 2007. featuring World's Fastest Metal Guitar Virtuoso. Be there! Or Die!

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#119144) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 20, 2007

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Kamelot recorded this live albumduring the tour to promote the Fourth Legacy album. At the time I was a little bit disappointed with the CD, since it included only one song from Kamelot´s mk I line up, Call Of The Sea. I wanted to hear their earlier tunes with Roy Khan on vocals, more or less what Royal Hunt did on the CD/DVD 1996. But after watching Kamelot´s brilliant first DVD One Cold Winter´s NIght (2006). I came back to this CD, recorded during their Fourth Legacy tour, six years earlier. Actually it was better than I thought it would be, even if the repertoire was not really what I´d like to hear at the time. The production is crystal clear, thanks to the work of Sasha Paeth (ex Heaven´s Gate) has been doing since The Fourth Legacy.

What we have here is a tight band, full of energy and showing they sound as good live as on the studio. In fact, the Siége Perilous songs do sound better here than on record. As with most of the great bands Kamelot is more than the sum of the parts. Their chemistry is unbelievable and it shines even at this early stage of their career. The music is symphonic power metal at its best. On the keyboiards they have the magic Gunter Werno (Vanden Plas). As an extra you also get 3 rare studio tracks: the instrumental We Three Kings, the beautiful acoustic ballad One Day (a japanese bonus track for the Siége Perilous CD) and the re-recording of We Are Not Separated (orginally form their second CD, and proving once and for all that Khan is THE definitive Kamelot singer).

A must have for any Kamelot fan. Or anyone who likes symphonic power metal with lots of melodies. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#132082) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 06, 2007

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The cauldron was boiling!

The Expedition was Kamelot's first live album, recorded at (what I consider to be) the peak of the band's career, just after the release of their two best studio albums The Fourth Legacy and Siege Perilous. There are 11 great tracks in total, but the final three of these are studio recordings. Out of the eight live tracks, five are taken from the band's masterpiece The Fourth Legacy and two from the excellent Siege Perilous. The remaining live track Call Of The Sea is a song that originally appeared on the band's debut album Eternity. The latter is particularly interesting as it was originally sung by the band's previous vocalist, Mark Vanderbilt. Here, of course, it is Roy Khan handling the vocals. I certainly wouldn't have minded a few more of these re-interpretations songs from the Vanderbilt era, especially as this live album is rather short there would have been room for more.

The three studio tracks are all excellent beginning with We Three Kings, a totally Neo-Classical piece that reminds heavily of Ritchie Blackmore's wonderful style. One Day is a tasteful ballad. Both of these strong tracks would have fitted very nicely on Siege Perilous for which I understand they were originally intended. The final track is a re-recorded version of another song that was originally recorded with Mark Vanderbilt and originally featured on the band's second studio album, Dominion. We Are Not Separate features a strong and memorable riff.

The only complaint I have about this album is its relatively short length. But what is here represents Kamelot at their very best. Highly enjoyable, this live album is an excellent companion to the studio albums of the era, particularly The Fourth Legacy and Siege Perilous, which happen to be my favourite Kamelot albums.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1014313) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 08, 2013

4 stars The first Live album of Kamelot, this record brings 11 of there gratest hits (of that moment) with great energy and great sound, the only thing I dislike about this album is that it is not a full concert, the spaces between song and song don't match and the overall recording is good but to sho ... (read more)

Report this review (#33698) | Posted by Alex_DeLarge | Friday, March 11, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KAMELOT "The Expedition "