ISLANDS

The Flower Kings Islands album cover

Buy THE FLOWER KINGS Music
Studio Album, released in 2020

CD 1 (51:44)
1. Racing with Blinders On (4:33)
2. From the Ground (4:11)
3. Black Swan (5:58)
4. Morning News (4:06)
5. Broken (6:48)
6. Goodbye Outrage (2:25)
7. Journeyman (1:49)
8. Tangerine (4:13)
9. Solaris (9:32)
10. Heart of the Valley (4:42)
11. Man in a Two Piece Suit (3:29)

CD 2 (44:14)
12. All I Need Is Love (5:54)
13. A New Species (5:56)
14. Northern Lights (5:45)
15. Hidden Angles (0:52)
16. Serpentine (3:53)
17. Looking for Answers (4:45)
18. Telescope (4:52)
19. Fool's Gold (3:18)
20. Between Hope & Fear (4:42)
21. Islands (4:15)

Cover: Roger Dean
Label: InsideOut Music
Formats: Vinyl (3 discs), CD (2 discs), Digital
Release date: October 30, 2020

Limited edition 3LP+2CD box set with slipcase and 180 gram vinyl housed in two gate-folds, one single sleeve

Limited edition 2CD digipak

Thanks to karolcia for the addition
and to projeKct for the last updates

Buy THE FLOWER KINGS Islands Music

More places to buy THE FLOWER KINGS music online

THE FLOWER KINGS Islands ratings distribution

THE FLOWER KINGS Islands reviews

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy / RPI / Symphonic Prog Team
3 stars The band is in a relaxed mood with this album that seems to be less structured and more improvised with some jazzy passages. The performance of the new musicians is spot on with some innovative keyboard lines. However, I have tried to enjoy this album by repeated listening, it's 90 minutes difficult to digest. It was supposed to be a single song, but it doesn't sound that way. The cohesion found in the first Flower Kings albums is not here. There are some good parts in various places in this long journey, but too many moments where my attention drift away. I don't know if a single album would have improved things because there's not a standout track here that still is sonically a beautiful work of art, but something is missing in the songwriting. Maybe I need to listen more, if not I will go back to my old Flower Kings or Kaipa albums.

4 stars "Fantasy tangerine" keyboard landscapes are forever behind!" But the blues crunchy guitar tunes intensified. Complex, sometimes unnecessary, but this is the nature of the most sophisticated and multifaceted neo-progressive group titled The Flower Kings. It is not clear what was the reason, but t ... (read more)

Report this review (#2479336) | Posted by Devolvator | Monday, November 23, 2020 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The flower kings are back with a new studio effort a year after their great album Waiting For Miracles. First off all I have to say that Roger Dean did a great album cover. Islands is another great double album that gives us a nice melodic ride through prog rock world of TFK. It's also important ... (read more)

Report this review (#2479158) | Posted by prog_traveller!! | Monday, November 23, 2020 | Review Permanlink

5 stars OK, I am a fanboy. I love pretty much everything Roine Stolt is involved in, but this truly is a great album in my opinion. This one is comprised of shorter more concise SONGS, while still retaining all of the elements of the Flower Kings' sound. Subtle, nuanced, beautiful, melodic, complex... You g ... (read more)

Report this review (#2478353) | Posted by Tull Tales | Sunday, November 22, 2020 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The Flower Kings come off the back of releasing their increasing mediocre record from 2019 entitled "Waiting For Miracles". Did they come back with a better album in 2020? With the same lineup from 2018, Zach Kamins replacing longtime keyboardist Tomas Bodin, and Mirkko DeMaio taking over the drums. ... (read more)

Report this review (#2474774) | Posted by ComaEcliptic | Wednesday, November 11, 2020 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The Flower Kings sound is back! I initially thought the album was going to be TFK on sleeping pills in a way. Like a continuation of Waiting for Miracles except even less exciting. Welp, I was dead wrong. It's one of the most exciting albums Roine and Co. have done in a long time. I love it. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#2461907) | Posted by Hrychu | Saturday, October 31, 2020 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Oh, this is the good shtuff... The new 93-minute album "Islands" from The Flower Kings is genuinely a pleasant surprise. With only three members (Stolt, Froberg, Reingold) from the classic lineup of 20 years ago, they manage to put together a very solid album of symphonic prog with similitud ... (read more)

Report this review (#2458157) | Posted by Squire Jaco | Wednesday, October 21, 2020 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE FLOWER KINGS "Islands"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.