FURVENT

Buy LE GRAND SBAM Music
Studio Album, released in 2020

1. La trace (18:45)
2. Nephèsh (5:15)
3. Yi Yin I Tchen (Le tonnerre) (2:48)
4. Yi Yin I Souen (Le vent) (2:50)
5. Yi Yin I Li (Le feu) (5:00)
6. Yi Yin I K'ouen (La terre) (4:01)
7. Yi Yin I Touei (Le lac) (2:57)
8. Yi Yin I K'ien (Le ciel) (4:27)
9. Yi Yin I Kan (L'eau) (3:39)
10. Yi Yin I Ken (La montagne) (5:38)
11. Choon Choon (4:39)

LE GRAND SBAM Furvent ratings distribution

LE GRAND SBAM Furvent reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams
4 stars The world is confused with coronavirus pandemic, nationalism / populism, riot, terrorism, or so. People all over the world feel uncertain. But please listen to Le GRAND SBAM's second album "Furvent", and we can hear that their sound style should always be confirmed, decent and credible. Their latest creation "Furvent", like the debut one, features complicated rhythmic basis, Zeuhlish female voices / shouts, and stylish, unified, completely matured melodic avantgardism. This combination might be noisy or harsh for avantgarde haters but for us Zeuhlers it would sound like an angel whisper actually.

Broadly speaking, this album consists of four parts - the topnote and masterpiece "La Trace", a short one "Nephesh", a magnificent suite "Yi Yin I", and a tiny epilogue "Choon Choon". Wondering why the masterpiece can absorb us ... the first shot of "La Trace" is dominant. Improvisation-like sound bombs are obviously deliberate and matured, and all instruments including voices, piano, bass, or percussion strictly build their rhythmic turf up, without any dissection nor dissonance. Cadent, modulated melodic development is also sorta treasure. This colourful appearance should grab our mind. In "Nephesh" we can enjoy fascinating piano plays, that be more and more complex than of Kagel but smart and beautiful, mysteriously. "Yi Yin I" is one of the most improvisational, most experimental stuff. It's pretty of Krautrock that randomized pieces of sound are precisely constructed to a brilliant musical jigsaw puzzle. Upon a burning desert ground, deep and heavy keyboard works, serious percussive voices, complex but incredibly supportive percussion plays, and explosive but rigidly harmonized instrumental summaries, are kinda killer. We the listeners should be immersed and intimidated all around for over 30 minutes but could feel like it wrap us up and end at a moment. The last track "Choon Choon" is very charming one, like samba, zamba, or tango ... as if we would listen anytime anywhere.

In conclusion, sounds like they say "There are lots of sarcastic or unexpected issues, but who cares? It's great our soundscape should maintain as it be". Really the second Grand Slam.

5 stars I'm in love, I really am! After the stellar debut just a year prior, Le Grand Sbam comes back with their second effort, Furvent. The ensemble has grew with two new members now, including additional female vocal, keyboards (Rhodes/Moog Little Phatty) and cimbalom, and the cimbalom is an especi ... (read more)

Report this review (#2462990) | Posted by Harold Needle | Thursday, November 5, 2020 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LE GRAND SBAM "Furvent"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.