LOAD HAVE MERCY

Buy THE LOAD Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Mobilized (6:28)
2. One Is Gone (1:46)
3. Something Suite (8:39)
4. Richter Scale (5:56)
5. Interstellar Debris (3:21)
6. The Narrows (6:16)
7. Choices (1:21)
8. Too Much To Believe (13:39)
9. Eitel's Lament (BONUS) (12:14)

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy lyrics

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy tabs

- Sterling Smith / keyboards, vocals
- Dave Hessler / bass, guitars
- Tom Smith / drums

Laser Edge LE-1023

THE LOAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE LOAD Load Have Mercy Music

VIRAL LOAD Brutalized Beyond Belief death metal TXDM Corpse Gristle RARE Press!! US $29.99 Buy It Now 34m 7s
Load [PA] Metallica (CD, Jun-1996) FAST SHIP US $4.58 Buy It Now 36m 7s
LITTLE JIMMY DICKENS Truck Load Of Starv 45 Col 4-43514 EX+-NM (45s-3794) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1h 20m
MAXIMUM LOAD Riding Through The Dandenong Ranges OZ 45 / BOOGALOO MOD FUNK US $28.02 Buy It Now 3h 35m
METALLICA LOAD GARAGE DAYS TAPE CASSETTE METAL VHS iron maiden slayer lp cd 45 US $19.05 Buy It Now 5h 5m
METALLICA - RE-LOAD NEW CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 7h 8m
METALLICA - LOAD NEW CD US $17.01 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Various - Boo: Ere Cop A Load Of This US $4.08 Buy It Now 7h 45m
BEATALLICA-ABBEY LOAD-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK F30 US $28.50 Buy It Now 9h 22m
SPACE DJZ-HARMONIC DISTORTION-RE-LOAD/TECHNO @LISTEN@ US $7.94 Buy It Now 10h 32m
Mr Mystic,CD,Cut-Out,Wait Til They Get a Load of Me US $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 32m
METALLICA - LOAD [METALLICA] [4988005778772] - NEW CD US $19.50 Buy It Now 13h
BOB SEGER UK 1995 CD Single LOCK AND LOAD Part2 DiscMINT US $6.62 Buy It Now 13h 55m
R.E.M. NEAR MINT PICTURE SLEEVE W/45 AND JUKEBOX STRIP AND DOWN LOAD CARD/LOOK! US $9.99 [0 bids]
PRURIENT & KITES the hidden family +white+ SEALED split LP Load No Fun wolf eyes US $7.77 Buy It Now 15h 9m
The Human Resourceful [Digipak] by Love Load (The) (CD) US $1.99 Buy It Now 15h 10m
Various Artists Load CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 15h 36m
LOCK 'N' LOAD - Blow Ya Mind (UK 3 Track CD Single) US $5.46 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Unknown Artist Load Up Worship CD CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 15h 53m
MALCOLM STENT - A LOAD OF BULL - AUTOGRAPHED 1978 LP RECORD US $6.63 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Landed Times I Despise Vinyl LP LOAD 093 RARE US $44.99 Buy It Now 16h 8m
Brain Fox & Load : Emerging Artists Breakin Through CD US $4.02 Buy It Now 16h 15m
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
TRINITY Natty Tired To Carry Load ROOTS DJ REGGAE 7" ?? US $13.18 [0 bids]
VeggieTales: Pirates' Boat Load of Fun by VeggieTales (CD, Oct-2002, Big Idea... US $2.49 Buy It Now 18h 14m
FRANKIE CARLE "A Carle-Load Of Hits" Record Vinyl Album LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
METALLICA CD LOT Load Reload Garage Puppets Anger w/DVD Black+ Hero, Unforgiven US $74.99 Buy It Now 19h 28m
Shabba Ranks - Trailor Load A Girls-DJ-12 inch Single 33 Vinyl LP Record N-Mint US $4.95 [0 bids]
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $0.01 [1 bids]
MUSICA - MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF - VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Frankie Carle - A Carle-Load of Hits LP (Used) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $3.99 Buy It Now 20h 47m
Metallica - lot of 2 CD's - Load, Re-Load US $12.95 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $2.37 Buy It Now 20h 59m
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) US $0.47 [0 bids]
MOSES: Take This Load Off My Back / Same (soul vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 21h 31m
BOB SEGER Lock & Load 1995 UK 2 x CD single set NEW/UNPLAYED US $8.27 Buy It Now 21h 57m
(4) CD METALLICA LOT - S & M, LOAD, & GARAGE INC (DISC 1 ONLY) US $9.99 [0 bids]
22h
THE BELTONES On Deaf Ears CD Punk TKO Records RARE OOP My Old Man, Lock and Load US $45.00 Buy It Now 22h 3m
Black Flag Presents: LOAD 'EM UP - Promotional/Demo CD - New, Still Sealed US $4.00 [0 bids]
Red River Dave on 78 rpm Continental 3017: Jolly Joe/Load of Pretty Women US $8.49 Buy It Now 22h 27m
Shabba Ranks- Trailor Load A Girls 12" (Shaba) US $11.19 Buy It Now 22h 55m
LUTEFISK Burn In Hell F*ckers LP Bong Load SHRINK WRAP PUNK 1996 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mindstore : Lightening the Load CD (1997) US $4.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load 1996 Hard Rock Elektrak 61923-2 Original Release CD US $2.95 [0 bids]
Japan ViViD Blue Taiwan CD only w/bonus trk?Re:Load? US $17.78 Buy It Now 1 day
ACOUSTIC VIBES REGGAE 45 CUT UP ANOTHER LOAD alto ego herb tune ? US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATALLICA - ABBEY LOAD (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $18.54 Buy It Now 1 day
FASCINATING AIDA A LOAD OF OLD SEQUINS Cd US $30.31 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock N Load(12" Vinyl)Blow Ya Mind-Pepper-Ex/New (UNPLAYED) US $21.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Homostupids - Load [CD New] US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA/ LOAD... US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Load Levelers 1999 'A Half Step Flat' Rare Garage-Rock 7" NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OZ - FIRE IN THE BRAIN +3rdWARNING 1stU.S. PRESS (SAXON ,METALLICA ,HEAVY LOAD US $140.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Black Dice Load Blown (CD, Oct-2007, Paw Tracks) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HEAVY LOAD *2 LP *Stronger Than Evil/Death or Glory RARE HEAVY METAL NM US $90.00 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $24.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock & Load [PA] - Various Artists (CD 2005) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
At All Ends by Yellow Swans (CD, Oct-2007, Load Reco... US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SOVINE red/phantom 309 old pipliner 10 DAYS OUT pay load daddy MR FCC new TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
2 BY METALLICA - LOAD & RE-LOAD, CASSETTES EXCELLENT US $4.95 [0 bids]
Lock and Load [PA] (CD, Oct-2005, Copter Records) US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Pizzaman Trippin' On Sunshine 12" Loaded 12 Load 16 DJ 1994 Vinyl US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAD24 - Ray Keith - 12" - 1998 - Substance / Target (Lock, Load, & Fire) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Black Dice - Load Blown (2007) US $1.64 [0 bids]
Heavy Load - Death or Glory ( FACTORY SEALED ) US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lighten The Load - Power Voices Help To Lift The Burden CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $10.98 Buy It Now 1 day
O M D 7" vinyl record picture sleeve TALKING LOAD AND CLEAR US $9.82 Buy It Now 1 day
The Load- Load Have Mercy. Prog, psych, Laser's Edge, OOP, rare! US $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Viral Load - Sick Hicks shirt Extra large US $11.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Slunt : Get a Load of This CD (2006) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Blow Ya Mind [US CD] [Single] by Lock 'n' Load (CD, ... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) New SS Sealed Unopen US $6.00 [0 bids]
CIRITH UNGOL-FROST AND FIRE MEGA RARE PRIVATE METAL /MANOWAR/HEAVY LOAD/WARLORD US $21.50 [5 bids]
CIRITH UNGOL-KING OF THE DEAD RARE PRIVATE METAL /MANOWAR/HEAVY LOAD/WARLORD US $13.25 [2 bids]
CIRITH UNGOL-ONE FOOT IN HELL RARE PRIVATE METAL /MANOWAR/HEAVY LOAD/WARLORD US $15.50 [2 bids]
CIRITH UNGOL-SERVANTS OF CHAOS RARE PRIVATE METAL /MANOWAR/HEAVY LOAD/WARLORD US $26.00 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD-Stronger than evil JAPAN CD 1996 Mega RARE!!! US $12.50 [3 bids]
BROCAS HELM-BLACK DEATH MEGA RARE PRIVATE METAL/MANOWAR/MANILLA ROAD/HEAVY LOAD US $13.25 [1 bids]
Political Punk Rock - Moral Crux - Load of Dead Rats - 7" ep US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica , Audio CD, Load US $5.99 [0 bids]
CARRY YOUR OWN LOAD JR WALKER WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 RED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rebel Road - Lock & Load [CD New] US $50.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beck - Mutations (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) DGCD-25309 US $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
HEAR! Country Bopper 45 JAMES JOINER Another Load of Grits on Dot US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kites/Prurient - Load Split Series #4 [Vinyl New] US $16.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Barncore [PA] by The Load Levelers (CD, Jul-2003, Direct Music Group) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Jr. Walker+The All Stars 45 CARRY YOUR OWN LOAD / HOLLY HOLY ~ VG++ soul US $3.12 Buy It Now 1 day
MINCEMEAT 2007 PROMO CD PUTRID PILE VIRAL LOAD WORMED NYDM MORTAL DECAY US $0.99 [0 bids]
CRUTCH-Disgruntled Employee 7" indie punk 1994 Bong Load US $2.99 [0 bids]
Viral Load "Brutalized Beyond Belief" CD Devourment Insidious Decrepancy US $6.99 [0 bids]
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) US $1.49 [0 bids]
RAY CHARLES...CARRYING THAT LOAD / FEELIN' SAD...45 RPM...ATLANTIC # 2174 (1963) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Metallica - Load: RARE Picture Disc Vinyl LP Record - LIMITED EDITION of 200 NR! US $13.83 [17 bids]
(DR871) Barbarossa, The Load - 2013 DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
MEGA RARE BECK MELLOW GOLD US-ORIGINAL LP Vinyl Bong Load BL12 w/barcode! US $34.99 [0 bids]
METALLICA LOAD JAPAN SHM CD US $26.80 Buy It Now 2 days
Lock N Load, Leary, Denis, Good US $3.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of Marvin Yancy " Heavy Load" P. S Records International 1987 RARE US $9.98 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE LOAD music online Buy THE LOAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE LOAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy ratings distribution

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Forgotten Band

--- Uhm . while RADIOHEAD is now the most famous band in this beloved website where many reviewers have given their say about "how prog the band is with OK Computer", and now am reviewing the band that is very "unpopular" at all (to my knowledge, at least) in the prog arena or any other arena. So, I have to be prepared for not becoming popular because I have not jumped into Radiohead bandwagon yet - therefore, no one would want to read this review. Nevermind, Gentle Giant did their bold efforts for not being popular in their music direction. Indeed, they succeed with their own way for not being popular. That's exactly what I want to do with this very unpopular band (and therefore "underrated") that, indeed, deserves detailed review. My ultimate goal is to help you in making decision to purchase the CD. Well, I have no financial interest at all with The Laser's Edge, but I feel obliged to review this well deserved album!! Go get the CD now! You won't regret!

I would consider this band as forgotten band of the seventies as very few knew them. Even the CD on my hands now was basically found by my prog-mate, Andy Julias, "by accident" from one of our local record stores down here in Jakarta, Indonesia. THE LOAD was a band that started in Columbus, Ohio, in March 1973, and conducted its career in California in 1980. They were partners in Owl Recording Studios, from which they released their first album "Praise The Load" in 1976. "Load Have Mercy" was the second of three albums the band recorded. (source: CD sleeve note). [My personal thanks to Max that has promptly put this album in this site].

THE LOAD music is a blend of Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, ELP, Kansas, and Rick van der Linden (Trace). Aha! When I mention these names, now it rings you a bell about sort of music these guys are playing hah? Hold your thought for a second. Don't misunderstand my statement as if you listen to the band by yourself, you may "partially" disagree with my statement. There are heavy influences of classical music in this album and bit of classic rock music. For my personal taste, this album is really excellent and I will tell you why on track by track basis. Hope that you don't get bored with it. You don't have to read this detailed review, just purchase the CD!

Mobilized opens the album with an excellent rock instrumental with electric guitar taking the lead of the music, combined with Hammond organ / clavinet D6. The tune starts off with a soft Sterling Smith's Hammond organ accompanied with an acoustic guitar fills. The style of Sterling's play is a blend of Ken Hensley and Procol Harum's keyboard player. The inclusion of clavinet D6 sounds in some transitions has enriched this track. The stunning electric guitar work played by Dave Hessler reminds me to the style of Procol Harum's, it's just much more rocking in this track. There is a segment where I can see the influence of "I want You" by The Beatles. Overall, this track is excellent and very satisfying my mind!

One is Gone is a very short track (1:46) but it's very nicely composed. It's performed in medium tempo with powerful vocals & backing vocals in happy mood, accentuated excellently by the Hammond sound. The short solo combining Hammond and piano is really really (I mean really!) excellent! It's enjoyable and accessible to any music buffs.

Something Suite (instrumental) opens with a common song familiar to my ears as it has been played by many bands including Marillion at the opening of "Margaret" live version track. Sorry, I don't know exactly, but it seems to me like a British traditional tune. When it reaches minute 1:35 - is now the time for the band's composition to play. The Hammond organ has again done a marvelous job in this track. Having explored the sound of Hammond, electric guitar takes wonderful solo. At the end of guitar work, Tom Smith does his fantastic solo drumming. Wow! What a dynamic tune this one is.

Richter Scale (hmm . the title seems so scary for me personally - it's a scale that is used to measure the magnitude of earthquake and tsunami that's just happened recently in my country). This is another fantastic song beautifully crafted by the band. It combines the improvised works of guitar, bass and clavinet. When Hammond takes part in solo work at the middle of the track, it's really killing me. It's then combined with a simple (but nice!) piano touch in classical music vein. The tempo turns faster at the end, accompanied with short drum solo. Oh my God! These guys are really geniuses!!!

Interstellar Debris (instrumental)starts of with a keyboard work; the music flows unexpectedly with a very nice texture. The rhythm section has repeated chorus but it's not boring because keyboard and guitar fill in the transitions and interlude. Some musical passages remind me to Babe Ruth music, especially "First Base" album.

The Narrows (instrumental) starts with a bass solo that at first bar almost mislead me to the opening bass line of "I Am A Camera" (Yes "Drama"). But it's not the case as when the music flows with Hammond organ takes the melody, it's different. The clavinet solo during interlude is played in a jazz music vein. The combination of drumming and guitar works is fantastic!

Choices opened with a church organ followed with a voice line and percussion. It's a short track that welcomes the next wonderful track.

Too Much To Believe is an epic that opens with a soft organ work followed by full music crescendo with unique singing style at voice line. I like the rhythm section of the opening part which is dominated by organ sound - bit of Ken Hensley style. At approx minute 3:00 the music enters into a passage where soft bass guitar play accompany solo organ, augmented with soft drumming. This segment reminds me to Kansas. The organ solo is soooo fantastic and it can bring me to the journey to the "other world". Oh mannnn ... I love it very much! What makes me happy is that this nice piece performed relatively long. It then flows to a pure (without any other instruments played) organ / clavinet solo with classical music influence. It reminds me to the work of Rick van der Linden (TRACE). Nice solo, but it may tend to bore the listeners. The music returns back to the original tagline melody. A track of my favorite!

Eitel's Lament (instrumental) kicks off with organ work augmented with a soft marching drum. The bass line brings the music in its full stream with great drumming - again, it reminds me to Kansas music. But interestingly, when lead guitar enters the music, it gives me a nuance of Procol Harum's song "Repent Walpurgis" (ugghh . wonderful track of the Harum!). The solo guitar is really stunning especially with the background of seventies style rhythm section. The inclusion of acoustic guitar work with soft organ sound (at background) in the middle of this track is a fantastic idea! Especially when the organ gradually increases its sound. That's not the end yet! When electric guitar follows in a style of "Repent Walpurgis" style, it's able to create a sort of "cry" deep in my heart (hey, I'm not exaggerating, this is real! The melody is really killing! Like Repent Walpurgis kills me, really!). The ending part is colored by amazing organ work in the vein of Ken Hensley. Wonderfully crafted track! I would doubt your "progness" (new vocabulary!) if you do not enjoy this long instrumental track! Very highly recommended!!

To conclude my long write-up that actually I don't want to end - because (I think) this album deserves 15 pages review - I would highly recommend you to purchase the CD direct from Laser's Edge. In addition to music, the sonic quality of this CD is really top notch! On rating, well . I was thinking to put in between 4 to 5 stars and indecisive on which end should I round (up or down?). Finally . having learned from other reviewers that "dare" to give Radiohead "OK Computer" with full five star rating, I'm very confident to say that this album is much better than any Radiohead!! (sorry, I don't mean to say OK Computer is not a good album, but it does not deserve 5 stars - there are some loose structured songs after Karma Police). So, I offer this album with five stars. Keep on Progging!

Progressively Yours,

GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33902) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 17, 2005

Review by hdfisch
3 stars This had been second output by forgotten US band The Load which actually didn't see any release before it had been reissued on CD in 1996. Originally recorded in 1976 the 8 tracks are revealing a type of bombastic, classically (or by Christian religious music) inspired keyboard-driven Prog in the vein of ELP (or rather The Nice). Although sounding quite nice and as well being played very well I must say that this kind of music sounds rather dated for the time of its creation, moreover at times directionless and a bit of wishy-washy as if the musicians couldn't make up their mind whether they like to play Christian hymns, classical, blues, boogie or rock. Most of the tracks are instrumental which is a good thing since Sterling Smith's vocals aren't as impressing as his organ play dominating them. Every now and then there is a nice moog solo or some harpsichord. The music is mostly kept in an up-tempo pace with a solid rhythmic section provided by bass and drums with a couple of more quiet sections. On the occasion of first release of this record the band reunited in 1994 and recorded the bonus track "Eitel's Lament" fitting stylistically very well to the rest of the album. To sum up my review I would say that "Load Have Mercy" is a nice however quite dated record more in a proto-Prog vein which could be recommended if at all to fans of keyboard-driven instrumental Prog. Good enough for a solid 3-star rating!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#110727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Post a review of THE LOAD "Load Have Mercy "