LOAD HAVE MERCY

Buy THE LOAD Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Mobilized (6:28)
2. One Is Gone (1:46)
3. Something Suite (8:39)
4. Richter Scale (5:56)
5. Interstellar Debris (3:21)
6. The Narrows (6:16)
7. Choices (1:21)
8. Too Much To Believe (13:39)
9. Eitel's Lament (BONUS) (12:14)

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy lyrics

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy tabs

- Sterling Smith / keyboards, vocals
- Dave Hessler / bass, guitars
- Tom Smith / drums

Laser Edge LE-1023

THE LOAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE LOAD Load Have Mercy Music

Feel the PowerFeel the Power
CDBY 2008
Strange Load By Bob and Brian Lazer 103 Morning Show (CD,1998) Autographed US $9.99 Buy It Now 36m 54s
HEAVY LOAD "Stronger than evil"ORG cd Nexus/King Records 96 Japan cd,Jonah Quizz US $149.99 Buy It Now 51m 16s
HEAVY LOAD "Death or glory"ORG cd Nexus/King Records 96 Japan cd,Jonah Quizz US $149.99 Buy It Now 53m 28s
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $0.99 [0 bids]
VIRAL LOAD - Practitioners of Perversion - ( Lividity Suffocation ) US $16.60 [0 bids]
GORATORY - Rice on Suede - ( Gorgasm Putrid Pile Viral Load ) NEW SEALED US $8.29 [0 bids]
SEVERED REMAINS - A Display of Those Defiled ( Suture Viral Load Bloodsoaked ) US $8.29 [0 bids]
VIRAL LOAD - Brutalized Beyond Belief - 2005 Amputated Vein ( Lividity ) US $16.60 [0 bids]
BLOODSOAKED - Sadistic Deeds... Grotesque Memories ( Viral Load Lividity ) US $8.29 [0 bids]
RHYTHM SYSTEM-GRIEG'S LOAD-WEST COAST VERSION MGM 14745 STEREO/MONO NM 45 US $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 5m
(EE704) Barbarossa, The Load - 2013 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 2h 9m
(192M) A Load Of Bankers, Don't Cry For Corpora.- DJ CD US $5.40 Buy It Now 2h 19m
FNU RONNIES saddle-up LOAD-138 LP noise punk US $12.46 Buy It Now 2h 58m
LOCK N LOAD - Who Else Could It Be (remixes) - 12" US $16.27 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Jr. Walker & the All Stars 45 Carry Your Own Load ~Soul VG- to VG red wax promo US $3.00 [0 bids]
(DQ948) Barbarossa, The Load - 2013 DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Load by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra) US $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $5.98 Buy It Now 4h 31m
ANCIENT NECROPSY S/T brutal death metal Putrid Pile Viral Load Bloodsoaked RARE US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $9.99 [0 bids]
Metallica - Load CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 39m
LITTLE JIMMY DICKENS TRUCK LOAD OF STARVIN' KANGAROOS US $3.98 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Randy Rhoads - LOAD UP / Lp / Metal Rockk US $52.25 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD - LOVE REVOLUTION [HEAVY LOAD] - NEW CD US $8.61 Buy It Now 6h 39m
METALLICA load JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED US $22.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
White Load Fight! cassette Tour 2008 Bloodstain Records #24/25! kbd burn leather US $3.98 [0 bids]
RARE PROMO ONLY Beck CD single BEERCAN Mellow Gold MELVINS sample Bong Load 1994 US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Pizzaman Sex On The Streets UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 12LOAD24 US $12.36 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Happiness Pizzaman 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK 12LOAD29 COWBOY RECORDS US $18.18 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Sex On The Streets Pizzaman UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 12LOAD24 US $12.36 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Superchumbo 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) Irresistible! UK LOAD92X LOADED US $15.68 Buy It Now 11h 32m
At All Ends by Yellow Swans (CD, Oct-2007, Load Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
BARBAROSSA load 7" b/w wishing well (mi0266s) pic slv european memphis industrie US $8.29 Buy It Now 14h 13m
Load [PA] by Metallica (Cassette, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Lock 'N' Load-House Some More CD Single Very Good US $5.38 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Zzino Accelerate Belgian 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) REL962105 RE-LOAD 1996 US $19.84 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Jimmie Rodgers - Load 'Em Up / I Don't Know Why I Just Do 45 1963 NM US $8.99 [0 bids]
DREAD24 - Ray Keith - 12" - 1998 - Substance / Target (Lock, Load, US $4.99 [0 bids]
Lock 'N' Load-House Some More CD Single Very Good US $7.81 Buy It Now 19h 51m
HEAVY LOAD Stronger Than Evil CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
Veggie Tales Sing-Alongs: Pirates' Boat Load Of Fun US $3.96 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Jigsy King / 14 Karat - As It Dun Load It Back / Hard To Say I'm Sorry 12" US $12.46 Buy It Now 20h 49m
METALLICA LOAD 1996 CASSETTE US $9.99 [0 bids]
METALLICA LOAD 1996 CD NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
BOBBY GREGORY: Train Load Of Blues + 3 (country vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Country 45 Wide Load - Bread And Butter / The Jamestown Ferry On 16 Avenue US $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 17m
The Wiggs - Rizing Uk 12: Loaded Load 078 US $1.64 Buy It Now 22h 48m
Metallica - Load (Parental Advisory, 1996) {CD Album} 0814-CB-45 US $8.29 Buy It Now 23h 9m
METALLICA**RE-LOAD (GATEFOLD)**2 VINYL SET US $21.50 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Load by Metallica (CD, Sep-2013, Blackened) US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATLES WHITE ALBUM SUPERB UK TOP LOAD MONO POSTER PICS TOP TOP RARE MONO US $274.14 [22 bids]
FREEMASONS FT AMANDA WILSON LOVE ON MY MIND 12" VINYL LOAD108X US $16.60 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA Load LP unplayed PICTURE DISC US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
70s NOVELTY SONGS Supercamp! Goodwin "Goody" Good load & His Frostonia Orch % US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Fascinating Aida A Load Of Old Sequins UK Press NM- US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BISCAYA "S/T"ORG cd Victor 96 Japan cd,Destiny,Torch,Heavy Load US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LOVE IN REVERSE - LOAD OF MOTIVATION 1TK PROMO CD CS235 US $0.99 [0 bids]
New Kingdom - Heavy Load - Rare New Sealed Cassette US $32.50 Buy It Now 1 day
(BH518) A Load Of Bankers, Don't Cry For Corpo..- DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 1 day
(CR718) Boo! Ere Cop A Load Of This - 1992 CD US $10.13 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES HETFIELD Metallica SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Load Rare 003 US $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES HETFIELD Metallica SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Load Rare 003 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES HETFIELD Metallica SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Load Rare 003 US $24.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Ike Cole Quartet Get A Load O' Cole LP SIGNED BAL-12020 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $11.99 [0 bids]
Beck Loser RARE previously unreleased Alcohol BONG LOAD FREE US SHIPPING US $11.50 Buy It Now 1 day
viral load mouth watering stench cd sleeve version devourment brutal death metal US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHNNY FITZMORRIS on Columbia LOAD DEM WAGONS b/w CRAZY DREAMS US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA Re-Load CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA Japan CD with OBI, LOAD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
It's a Mystery, Bob Seger, Silver Bullet Band CD 1995 Rite Of Passage, Lock Load US $1.99 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD Death or Glory CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Laywah - Lock & Load [CD New] US $19.33 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Randy Rhoads - Load Up (Ozzy Osbourne ) US $10.00 [1 bids]
Load, Metallica, Acceptable US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beck - Mellow Gold Vinyl LP Bong Load "Mother Load" US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load 1996 Version Taiwan only Cassette Sealed US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load 1996 PolyGram Version Taiwan OBI CD Sealed US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load Import Canada 1996 CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
7 Metallica Cassettes Metal/Thrash, Load, justice, Sleeps, Remains, Sad, + MORE! US $15.00 [0 bids]
METALLICA - Load CD US $10.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load cd israel press edition US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACK DICE load blown CD 10 track digipack (paw18) - paw tracks 2007 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY HALL AND THE STORMKEEPERS lighten up your load suzanne 7" b/w jesus christ US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
GLEN CAMPBELL i will never pass this way again 7" b/w we all pull the load (cl15 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Shabba Ranks, Trailer load of girls, sonic sounds, Kingston 5 US $2.99 [0 bids]
New High and Ord by Silver Daggers (CD, Apr-2007, Load Records) US $7.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock and Load [PA] (CD, Oct-2005, Copter Records) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FOO FIGHTERS Beck FU MANCHU Toadies VITAMADE Quinine BONG LOAD promo cd US $8.95 [0 bids]
Metallica Load [PA] (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Seger Silver Bullet Band Lock And Load 2 Track Promo CD Remix Single 1995 US $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC * LOAD UP YOUR CANNONS * 2LP GATEFOLD DELUXE * FTATR 1981 US $29.00 [1 bids]
I JAH MAN jah heavy load 7" b/w i'm a levi (15870) writing on label pic slv dutc US $28.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF - BROADWAY CAST - RARE MONO PROMO KAPP RECORD 1966 US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Load by Metallica (CD, Sep-2013, Blackened) US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE LOAD music online Buy THE LOAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE LOAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy ratings distribution

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Forgotten Band

--- Uhm . while RADIOHEAD is now the most famous band in this beloved website where many reviewers have given their say about "how prog the band is with OK Computer", and now am reviewing the band that is very "unpopular" at all (to my knowledge, at least) in the prog arena or any other arena. So, I have to be prepared for not becoming popular because I have not jumped into Radiohead bandwagon yet - therefore, no one would want to read this review. Nevermind, Gentle Giant did their bold efforts for not being popular in their music direction. Indeed, they succeed with their own way for not being popular. That's exactly what I want to do with this very unpopular band (and therefore "underrated") that, indeed, deserves detailed review. My ultimate goal is to help you in making decision to purchase the CD. Well, I have no financial interest at all with The Laser's Edge, but I feel obliged to review this well deserved album!! Go get the CD now! You won't regret!

I would consider this band as forgotten band of the seventies as very few knew them. Even the CD on my hands now was basically found by my prog-mate, Andy Julias, "by accident" from one of our local record stores down here in Jakarta, Indonesia. THE LOAD was a band that started in Columbus, Ohio, in March 1973, and conducted its career in California in 1980. They were partners in Owl Recording Studios, from which they released their first album "Praise The Load" in 1976. "Load Have Mercy" was the second of three albums the band recorded. (source: CD sleeve note). [My personal thanks to Max that has promptly put this album in this site].

THE LOAD music is a blend of Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, ELP, Kansas, and Rick van der Linden (Trace). Aha! When I mention these names, now it rings you a bell about sort of music these guys are playing hah? Hold your thought for a second. Don't misunderstand my statement as if you listen to the band by yourself, you may "partially" disagree with my statement. There are heavy influences of classical music in this album and bit of classic rock music. For my personal taste, this album is really excellent and I will tell you why on track by track basis. Hope that you don't get bored with it. You don't have to read this detailed review, just purchase the CD!

Mobilized opens the album with an excellent rock instrumental with electric guitar taking the lead of the music, combined with Hammond organ / clavinet D6. The tune starts off with a soft Sterling Smith's Hammond organ accompanied with an acoustic guitar fills. The style of Sterling's play is a blend of Ken Hensley and Procol Harum's keyboard player. The inclusion of clavinet D6 sounds in some transitions has enriched this track. The stunning electric guitar work played by Dave Hessler reminds me to the style of Procol Harum's, it's just much more rocking in this track. There is a segment where I can see the influence of "I want You" by The Beatles. Overall, this track is excellent and very satisfying my mind!

One is Gone is a very short track (1:46) but it's very nicely composed. It's performed in medium tempo with powerful vocals & backing vocals in happy mood, accentuated excellently by the Hammond sound. The short solo combining Hammond and piano is really really (I mean really!) excellent! It's enjoyable and accessible to any music buffs.

Something Suite (instrumental) opens with a common song familiar to my ears as it has been played by many bands including Marillion at the opening of "Margaret" live version track. Sorry, I don't know exactly, but it seems to me like a British traditional tune. When it reaches minute 1:35 - is now the time for the band's composition to play. The Hammond organ has again done a marvelous job in this track. Having explored the sound of Hammond, electric guitar takes wonderful solo. At the end of guitar work, Tom Smith does his fantastic solo drumming. Wow! What a dynamic tune this one is.

Richter Scale (hmm . the title seems so scary for me personally - it's a scale that is used to measure the magnitude of earthquake and tsunami that's just happened recently in my country). This is another fantastic song beautifully crafted by the band. It combines the improvised works of guitar, bass and clavinet. When Hammond takes part in solo work at the middle of the track, it's really killing me. It's then combined with a simple (but nice!) piano touch in classical music vein. The tempo turns faster at the end, accompanied with short drum solo. Oh my God! These guys are really geniuses!!!

Interstellar Debris (instrumental)starts of with a keyboard work; the music flows unexpectedly with a very nice texture. The rhythm section has repeated chorus but it's not boring because keyboard and guitar fill in the transitions and interlude. Some musical passages remind me to Babe Ruth music, especially "First Base" album.

The Narrows (instrumental) starts with a bass solo that at first bar almost mislead me to the opening bass line of "I Am A Camera" (Yes "Drama"). But it's not the case as when the music flows with Hammond organ takes the melody, it's different. The clavinet solo during interlude is played in a jazz music vein. The combination of drumming and guitar works is fantastic!

Choices opened with a church organ followed with a voice line and percussion. It's a short track that welcomes the next wonderful track.

Too Much To Believe is an epic that opens with a soft organ work followed by full music crescendo with unique singing style at voice line. I like the rhythm section of the opening part which is dominated by organ sound - bit of Ken Hensley style. At approx minute 3:00 the music enters into a passage where soft bass guitar play accompany solo organ, augmented with soft drumming. This segment reminds me to Kansas. The organ solo is soooo fantastic and it can bring me to the journey to the "other world". Oh mannnn ... I love it very much! What makes me happy is that this nice piece performed relatively long. It then flows to a pure (without any other instruments played) organ / clavinet solo with classical music influence. It reminds me to the work of Rick van der Linden (TRACE). Nice solo, but it may tend to bore the listeners. The music returns back to the original tagline melody. A track of my favorite!

Eitel's Lament (instrumental) kicks off with organ work augmented with a soft marching drum. The bass line brings the music in its full stream with great drumming - again, it reminds me to Kansas music. But interestingly, when lead guitar enters the music, it gives me a nuance of Procol Harum's song "Repent Walpurgis" (ugghh . wonderful track of the Harum!). The solo guitar is really stunning especially with the background of seventies style rhythm section. The inclusion of acoustic guitar work with soft organ sound (at background) in the middle of this track is a fantastic idea! Especially when the organ gradually increases its sound. That's not the end yet! When electric guitar follows in a style of "Repent Walpurgis" style, it's able to create a sort of "cry" deep in my heart (hey, I'm not exaggerating, this is real! The melody is really killing! Like Repent Walpurgis kills me, really!). The ending part is colored by amazing organ work in the vein of Ken Hensley. Wonderfully crafted track! I would doubt your "progness" (new vocabulary!) if you do not enjoy this long instrumental track! Very highly recommended!!

To conclude my long write-up that actually I don't want to end - because (I think) this album deserves 15 pages review - I would highly recommend you to purchase the CD direct from Laser's Edge. In addition to music, the sonic quality of this CD is really top notch! On rating, well . I was thinking to put in between 4 to 5 stars and indecisive on which end should I round (up or down?). Finally . having learned from other reviewers that "dare" to give Radiohead "OK Computer" with full five star rating, I'm very confident to say that this album is much better than any Radiohead!! (sorry, I don't mean to say OK Computer is not a good album, but it does not deserve 5 stars - there are some loose structured songs after Karma Police). So, I offer this album with five stars. Keep on Progging!

Progressively Yours,

GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33902) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 17, 2005

Review by hdfisch
3 stars This had been second output by forgotten US band The Load which actually didn't see any release before it had been reissued on CD in 1996. Originally recorded in 1976 the 8 tracks are revealing a type of bombastic, classically (or by Christian religious music) inspired keyboard-driven Prog in the vein of ELP (or rather The Nice). Although sounding quite nice and as well being played very well I must say that this kind of music sounds rather dated for the time of its creation, moreover at times directionless and a bit of wishy-washy as if the musicians couldn't make up their mind whether they like to play Christian hymns, classical, blues, boogie or rock. Most of the tracks are instrumental which is a good thing since Sterling Smith's vocals aren't as impressing as his organ play dominating them. Every now and then there is a nice moog solo or some harpsichord. The music is mostly kept in an up-tempo pace with a solid rhythmic section provided by bass and drums with a couple of more quiet sections. On the occasion of first release of this record the band reunited in 1994 and recorded the bonus track "Eitel's Lament" fitting stylistically very well to the rest of the album. To sum up my review I would say that "Load Have Mercy" is a nice however quite dated record more in a proto-Prog vein which could be recommended if at all to fans of keyboard-driven instrumental Prog. Good enough for a solid 3-star rating!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#110727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Post a review of THE LOAD "Load Have Mercy "