LOAD HAVE MERCY

Buy THE LOAD Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Mobilized (6:28)
2. One Is Gone (1:46)
3. Something Suite (8:39)
4. Richter Scale (5:56)
5. Interstellar Debris (3:21)
6. The Narrows (6:16)
7. Choices (1:21)
8. Too Much To Believe (13:39)
9. Eitel's Lament (BONUS) (12:14)

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy lyrics

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy tabs

- Sterling Smith / keyboards, vocals
- Dave Hessler / bass, guitars
- Tom Smith / drums

Laser Edge LE-1023

THE LOAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE LOAD Load Have Mercy Music

LOCK 'N' LOAD - BLOW YA MIND CD SINGLE US $3.40 Buy It Now 3h 14m
PIZZAMAN/SEX ON THE STREETS UK 12LOAD24 US $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 15m
GEORGE HARRISON/MY SWEET LOAD JPN EAS17258 US $14.00 Buy It Now 5h 34m
DREAD24 - Ray Keith - 12" - 1998 - Substance / Target (Lock, Load, US $4.99 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD - LOGO Embroidered PATCH SILVER US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h
(258C) A Load of Bankers, Don't Cry for Corporat- DJ CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 7h 7m
FOO FIGHTERS Beck FU MANCHU Toadies VITAMADE Quinine BONG LOAD promo cd US $8.95 [0 bids]
HEATHEN HOOF - ROCK CRUSADER CD Heavy Load Thor Blitzkrieg US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $11.99 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $1.49 [0 bids]
BRACED FOR NAILS Icons Above All Others CD Imprecation VIRAL LOAD Uncleansed US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
HIDEOUS REBIRTH Partially Devoured CD BLOODSOAKED VIRAL LOAD US DEATH METAL US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
LE PAMPLEMOUSSE: Take The Load Off Me / Never Givin' Up (soul vinyl 45) US $18.00 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
RANDY VAN HORNE: Get A Load Of That Walk / Magic Word RANDY 71 PROMO 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
METALLICA LOAD CD - GOOD CONDITION! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Black Dice - Load Blown [CD New] US $12.92 Buy It Now 10h 44m
MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF SOUNDTRACK - LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 11h 21m
ANDY KAULKIN Six Foot Seven & Rising CD Blues-Rock on Bong Load NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
METALLICA-LOAD-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 27m
HAPPY MONDAYS LOAD BEST OF CASSETTE US $8.53 Buy It Now 11h 36m
BLACK DICE - LOAD BLOWN (EP) NEW CD US $20.11 Buy It Now 11h 57m
LUTEFISK - Burn In Hell F*ckers CD (1997 Bong Load Records) Indie Rock US $0.99 [0 bids]
DENIS LEARY Lock 'N Load RARE 1997 20-Track Comedy CD A&M CD500832 (Bill Hicks) US $10.22 Buy It Now 12h 34m
METALLICA LOAD 78:59 EVERYWHERE 3:6:96 ADVERT 1996 30X20 POSTER ADVERT EX CON US $6.81 Buy It Now 13h 13m
METALLICA UK TOUR DATES OCTOBER 1996 LOAD OUT NOW AD 30X10 POSTER ADVERT EX CON US $6.81 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Unbalanced Load - Near Perfect US $5.76 Buy It Now 13h 52m
R.E.M. NEAR MINT PICTURE SLEEVE W/45 AND JUKEBOX STRIP AND DOWN LOAD CARD/LOOK! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Junior Rogers - Load Totin'/Come Play With Me 45 rpm Vanessa label US $74.92 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Jr. Walker & The All Stars 45 Holly Holy / Carry Your Own Load US $3.00 Buy It Now 15h 41m
LAYWAH - LOCK & LOAD NEW CD US $27.80 Buy It Now 15h 44m
Huge Lot of 45 Vinyl Records over 150 - Load up your jukebox! US $28.80 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Lot of 60+ 45 Records from 1970s All Top 40 Hits - Load Up Your Jukebox US $17.68 Buy It Now 16h 13m
SEALED THE D.I.S Lock N Load LP PEEVEE RECORDS PV684 US 1984 12" US $17.00 Buy It Now 17h 20m
URGENT thinking out load LP RECORD - sealed US $9.95 Buy It Now 18h 25m
HIGHWAY CHILE - ROCKARAMA LP heavy load virgin steele accept grave digger metal US $8.99 [0 bids]
Fascinating Aida A Load Of Old Sequins CD (UK Import) NEW US $9.04 Buy It Now 18h 42m
METALLICA / load /JAPAN LTD OBI US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 40m
METALLICA / load /JAPAN LTD US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 3m
Metallica - Rare CD!!! - StudioSh*t Load And Stuff!!! US $10.50 [7 bids]
ZZ CD ALBUM..METALLICA..LOAD US $11.72 Buy It Now 20h 48m
WIDE LOAD "BREAD AND BUTTER" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h
THE RADIO IMPS "Ain't Life a Load of Happiness" Billy Jones & Ernest Hare ROMEO US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Half Control by Six Finger Satellite (CD, Mar-2009, Load) US $8.99 Buy It Now 22h 17m
LUTEFISK - Burn In Hell Fuckers - Vinyl LP - Bong Load 1996 BECK Punk US $9.98 Buy It Now 23h 14m
BECK - Mutations - DGC/Bong Load CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 23h 35m
METALLICA - LOAD TURKISH PRESSING RARE TURKEY US $20.00 Buy It Now 23h 54m
BLACK DICE - LOAD BLOWN [677517101829] - NEW CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Blow Ya Mind [US CD] [Single] by Lock 'n' Load (CD, ... US $0.49 [0 bids]
VENGABOYS uncle john from jamaica CD 2 track hitradio mix promo b/w lock n load US $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
DOUG BENSON - UNBALANCED LOAD NEW CD US $18.58 Buy It Now 1 day
DMC 209 - Rozalla vs DJ Jean / Sagitaire / Lock & Load vs. Perfect Phase mashups US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (CANADA)) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SHABBA RANKS 7" VINYL P/S TRAILOR LOAD OF GIRLS EPIC 656874 7 1991 EX US $11.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Little City Recordings The Music Sessions EP VINYL 12" Loaded LOAD21 EX US $10.24 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW KINGDOM HEAVY LOAD CD GOLD DISC LP FREE P+P! US $153.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Official Poster for Tumbleweed June 2014 Rock N Load Tour My Echo US $14.05 [0 bids]
METALLICA LOAD CD GOLD DISC RECORD PHOTO FREE P&P! US $204.69 Buy It Now 1 day
KITES / PRURIENT - LOAD SPLIT SERIES #4 NEW VINYL US $24.83 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM Smiling Jerry Jericho 4 STAR 1627 Wagon Load Of Love US $3.00 [0 bids]
Metallica Load Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Million Dollar Digital 1.0 Lock-N-Load Million Dollar Digital 1.0 Lock-N-Load US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA LOAD CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1996 532618-2 ORIGINAL MATRIX US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wait 'Til They Get a Load of Me by Mr. Mystic (Cassette,1993 Thg Music)BRAND NEW US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (Cassette, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $7.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 2 motorhead 1916 play it load Cassette US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NM 12"~SHABBA RANKS~Trailor Load A Girls~[x5 Mixes/Remixes]~{OG 1991 SONY Issue] US $6.97 Buy It Now 1 day
WOLFSBANE ezy 12" 3 trk limited etched disc with all black pic sleeve b/w load m US $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Seger The Silver Bullet Band LOCK AND LOAD CD Single UK Promo 2 DISC SET US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SHABBA RANKS trailor load a girls 12" 3 trk club mix b/w girls dub and nude mix US $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Studio B C'mon Get It On 12" Loaded LOAD110 2006 Vinyl US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA LOAD CD GOLD DISC RECORD LP DISPLAY FREE P&P! US $153.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Trouser Load of Love [Single] by The Mod-Est Lads (CD, Oct-2003, Clecky Records) US $6.00 [0 bids]
A CARLE-LOAD OF HITS // FRANKIE CARLE 1959 RCA LP--SANTE FE BOXCARS TRAIN COVER US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Slacker Feel Space 12" Loaded Load 25 1995 Vinyl US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Cliff Gober 45 PUT OUR LOVE TOGETHER / CAN YOU CARRY THE LOAD ~ VG+ US $74.99 [0 bids]
Mr Mystic : Wait Til They Get a Load of Me CD (1993) US $3.64 Buy It Now 1 day
When The Ship Hit The Sand - Truck Load Of Starvin Kangaroos Little Jimmy Dicken US $2.97 [0 bids]
Fireball Ministry - Ou Est la Rock? (CD, Aug-1999, Bong Load) US $28.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Swingin' Neckbreakers -T Jorgensen, Project, Platinum Load-debut rec,Echo Wallet US $5.00 [0 bids]
BECK Mellow Gold CD 1994 DGC Geffen Bong Load Records alternative rock Loser US $3.99 [0 bids]
FASClNATING AIDA a load of old sequins LP PS EX/EX uk US $15.34 Buy It Now 1 day
OZ Fire in the Brain CD ORG Heavy Load Stormwitch Sarcofagus US $19.99 [0 bids]
Clockcleaner - Babylon Rules - CD (SC09 Load) US $9.36 Buy It Now 1 day
The Load - Load Have Mercy (Laser's Edge) 1995 US $5.99 [1 bids]
METALLICA - LOAD EUROPE CD 7 31453 26182 2 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Load Point Pull Weve Come to Take Whats Ours CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A Load More Bullocks The Wurzels Audio CD US $25.44 Buy It Now 1 day
MR MYSTIC WAIT TIL THEY GET A LOAD OF ME vinyl 12'' US $5.00 [0 bids]
Bob & Brian Mornings: Strange Load (RARE) 1998 (Audio CD) US $14.55 Buy It Now 1 day
LOVE IN REVERSE - LOAD OF MOTIVATION 1TK PROMO DJ CD CS235 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
70s NOVELTY SONGS Supercamp! Goodwin "Goody" Good load & His Frostonia Orch % US $1.99 [0 bids]
FRANKIE CARLE: A Carle-Load of Hits (vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMY GALVIN if it takes a miracle 12" b/w love letters to the moon (load2t) pi US $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $0.25 [0 bids]
Breakin Through CD Brian Fox & Load NATALIA Lyndals Bur US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Load by US $1.78 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE LOAD music online Buy THE LOAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE LOAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy ratings distribution

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Forgotten Band

--- Uhm . while RADIOHEAD is now the most famous band in this beloved website where many reviewers have given their say about "how prog the band is with OK Computer", and now am reviewing the band that is very "unpopular" at all (to my knowledge, at least) in the prog arena or any other arena. So, I have to be prepared for not becoming popular because I have not jumped into Radiohead bandwagon yet - therefore, no one would want to read this review. Nevermind, Gentle Giant did their bold efforts for not being popular in their music direction. Indeed, they succeed with their own way for not being popular. That's exactly what I want to do with this very unpopular band (and therefore "underrated") that, indeed, deserves detailed review. My ultimate goal is to help you in making decision to purchase the CD. Well, I have no financial interest at all with The Laser's Edge, but I feel obliged to review this well deserved album!! Go get the CD now! You won't regret!

I would consider this band as forgotten band of the seventies as very few knew them. Even the CD on my hands now was basically found by my prog-mate, Andy Julias, "by accident" from one of our local record stores down here in Jakarta, Indonesia. THE LOAD was a band that started in Columbus, Ohio, in March 1973, and conducted its career in California in 1980. They were partners in Owl Recording Studios, from which they released their first album "Praise The Load" in 1976. "Load Have Mercy" was the second of three albums the band recorded. (source: CD sleeve note). [My personal thanks to Max that has promptly put this album in this site].

THE LOAD music is a blend of Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, ELP, Kansas, and Rick van der Linden (Trace). Aha! When I mention these names, now it rings you a bell about sort of music these guys are playing hah? Hold your thought for a second. Don't misunderstand my statement as if you listen to the band by yourself, you may "partially" disagree with my statement. There are heavy influences of classical music in this album and bit of classic rock music. For my personal taste, this album is really excellent and I will tell you why on track by track basis. Hope that you don't get bored with it. You don't have to read this detailed review, just purchase the CD!

Mobilized opens the album with an excellent rock instrumental with electric guitar taking the lead of the music, combined with Hammond organ / clavinet D6. The tune starts off with a soft Sterling Smith's Hammond organ accompanied with an acoustic guitar fills. The style of Sterling's play is a blend of Ken Hensley and Procol Harum's keyboard player. The inclusion of clavinet D6 sounds in some transitions has enriched this track. The stunning electric guitar work played by Dave Hessler reminds me to the style of Procol Harum's, it's just much more rocking in this track. There is a segment where I can see the influence of "I want You" by The Beatles. Overall, this track is excellent and very satisfying my mind!

One is Gone is a very short track (1:46) but it's very nicely composed. It's performed in medium tempo with powerful vocals & backing vocals in happy mood, accentuated excellently by the Hammond sound. The short solo combining Hammond and piano is really really (I mean really!) excellent! It's enjoyable and accessible to any music buffs.

Something Suite (instrumental) opens with a common song familiar to my ears as it has been played by many bands including Marillion at the opening of "Margaret" live version track. Sorry, I don't know exactly, but it seems to me like a British traditional tune. When it reaches minute 1:35 - is now the time for the band's composition to play. The Hammond organ has again done a marvelous job in this track. Having explored the sound of Hammond, electric guitar takes wonderful solo. At the end of guitar work, Tom Smith does his fantastic solo drumming. Wow! What a dynamic tune this one is.

Richter Scale (hmm . the title seems so scary for me personally - it's a scale that is used to measure the magnitude of earthquake and tsunami that's just happened recently in my country). This is another fantastic song beautifully crafted by the band. It combines the improvised works of guitar, bass and clavinet. When Hammond takes part in solo work at the middle of the track, it's really killing me. It's then combined with a simple (but nice!) piano touch in classical music vein. The tempo turns faster at the end, accompanied with short drum solo. Oh my God! These guys are really geniuses!!!

Interstellar Debris (instrumental)starts of with a keyboard work; the music flows unexpectedly with a very nice texture. The rhythm section has repeated chorus but it's not boring because keyboard and guitar fill in the transitions and interlude. Some musical passages remind me to Babe Ruth music, especially "First Base" album.

The Narrows (instrumental) starts with a bass solo that at first bar almost mislead me to the opening bass line of "I Am A Camera" (Yes "Drama"). But it's not the case as when the music flows with Hammond organ takes the melody, it's different. The clavinet solo during interlude is played in a jazz music vein. The combination of drumming and guitar works is fantastic!

Choices opened with a church organ followed with a voice line and percussion. It's a short track that welcomes the next wonderful track.

Too Much To Believe is an epic that opens with a soft organ work followed by full music crescendo with unique singing style at voice line. I like the rhythm section of the opening part which is dominated by organ sound - bit of Ken Hensley style. At approx minute 3:00 the music enters into a passage where soft bass guitar play accompany solo organ, augmented with soft drumming. This segment reminds me to Kansas. The organ solo is soooo fantastic and it can bring me to the journey to the "other world". Oh mannnn ... I love it very much! What makes me happy is that this nice piece performed relatively long. It then flows to a pure (without any other instruments played) organ / clavinet solo with classical music influence. It reminds me to the work of Rick van der Linden (TRACE). Nice solo, but it may tend to bore the listeners. The music returns back to the original tagline melody. A track of my favorite!

Eitel's Lament (instrumental) kicks off with organ work augmented with a soft marching drum. The bass line brings the music in its full stream with great drumming - again, it reminds me to Kansas music. But interestingly, when lead guitar enters the music, it gives me a nuance of Procol Harum's song "Repent Walpurgis" (ugghh . wonderful track of the Harum!). The solo guitar is really stunning especially with the background of seventies style rhythm section. The inclusion of acoustic guitar work with soft organ sound (at background) in the middle of this track is a fantastic idea! Especially when the organ gradually increases its sound. That's not the end yet! When electric guitar follows in a style of "Repent Walpurgis" style, it's able to create a sort of "cry" deep in my heart (hey, I'm not exaggerating, this is real! The melody is really killing! Like Repent Walpurgis kills me, really!). The ending part is colored by amazing organ work in the vein of Ken Hensley. Wonderfully crafted track! I would doubt your "progness" (new vocabulary!) if you do not enjoy this long instrumental track! Very highly recommended!!

To conclude my long write-up that actually I don't want to end - because (I think) this album deserves 15 pages review - I would highly recommend you to purchase the CD direct from Laser's Edge. In addition to music, the sonic quality of this CD is really top notch! On rating, well . I was thinking to put in between 4 to 5 stars and indecisive on which end should I round (up or down?). Finally . having learned from other reviewers that "dare" to give Radiohead "OK Computer" with full five star rating, I'm very confident to say that this album is much better than any Radiohead!! (sorry, I don't mean to say OK Computer is not a good album, but it does not deserve 5 stars - there are some loose structured songs after Karma Police). So, I offer this album with five stars. Keep on Progging!

Progressively Yours,

GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33902) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 17, 2005

Review by hdfisch
3 stars This had been second output by forgotten US band The Load which actually didn't see any release before it had been reissued on CD in 1996. Originally recorded in 1976 the 8 tracks are revealing a type of bombastic, classically (or by Christian religious music) inspired keyboard-driven Prog in the vein of ELP (or rather The Nice). Although sounding quite nice and as well being played very well I must say that this kind of music sounds rather dated for the time of its creation, moreover at times directionless and a bit of wishy-washy as if the musicians couldn't make up their mind whether they like to play Christian hymns, classical, blues, boogie or rock. Most of the tracks are instrumental which is a good thing since Sterling Smith's vocals aren't as impressing as his organ play dominating them. Every now and then there is a nice moog solo or some harpsichord. The music is mostly kept in an up-tempo pace with a solid rhythmic section provided by bass and drums with a couple of more quiet sections. On the occasion of first release of this record the band reunited in 1994 and recorded the bonus track "Eitel's Lament" fitting stylistically very well to the rest of the album. To sum up my review I would say that "Load Have Mercy" is a nice however quite dated record more in a proto-Prog vein which could be recommended if at all to fans of keyboard-driven instrumental Prog. Good enough for a solid 3-star rating!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#110727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Post a review of THE LOAD "Load Have Mercy "