LOAD HAVE MERCY

Buy THE LOAD Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Mobilized (6:28)
2. One Is Gone (1:46)
3. Something Suite (8:39)
4. Richter Scale (5:56)
5. Interstellar Debris (3:21)
6. The Narrows (6:16)
7. Choices (1:21)
8. Too Much To Believe (13:39)
9. Eitel's Lament (BONUS) (12:14)

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy lyrics

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy tabs

- Sterling Smith / keyboards, vocals
- Dave Hessler / bass, guitars
- Tom Smith / drums

Laser Edge LE-1023

THE LOAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE LOAD Load Have Mercy Music

Feel the PowerFeel the Power
702 Records 2012
Vinyl$8.05
WOMB S/T 1969 DOT LP #DLP25933 Fuzz PSYCH Acid RARE TOP LOAD COVER US $41.99 Buy It Now 33m 31s
Load - Praise The Load CD..US prog..Laser's Edge..RARE..OOP US $37.99 Buy It Now 44m 59s
METALLICA load JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED US $12.99 [0 bids]
45m 50s
Aerobic Studio - Load Cassette (Remixes) - 2006 #285573 US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Frankie carle-a carle load of hits-lp-vg+2148-rca US $7.79 Buy It Now 3h
Assonance - Shade - Load Recordings - 2007 #206428 US $6.47 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Assonance - Serpants - Load Recordings - 2006 #203538 US $6.47 Buy It Now 4h 15m
R.E.M. NEAR MINT PICTURE SLEEVE W/45 AND JUKEBOX STRIP AND DOWN LOAD CARD/LOOK! US $9.99 [0 bids]
(876G) A Load Of Bankers,Don't Cry For Corporate- DJ CD US $3.97 Buy It Now 4h 27m
No Direction: a Fourty-Two Records Compilation - V/A Gadjits Velvetones Load US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $0.99 [0 bids]
LITTLE JIMMY DICKENS - Truck Load Of Starvin' Kangaroos / When The Ship.. - 1966 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4h 57m
METALLICA LOAD HOLLAND CASSETTE US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Load - Right Now - Rise - 2006 #205867 US $6.47 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $14.99 [0 bids]
Muzza Chunka "Loaded/ Open House" 1992 Bong Load 7" single US $5.99 [0 bids]
Denis Leary "Lock 'N Load" CD US $0.50 [0 bids]
The Wurzels - A Load More Bullocks NEW CD ALBUM US $17.16 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Lightning Bolt - Ride the Skies (CD, Feb-2003, Load Records) US $2.22 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Metallica Load 2 Record Set With Origional Inner Sleeves Mint Never Played! US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h
Dysentery: Internal Devastation, Viral Load, Disgorge, Gorgasm, Beheaded US $5.99 [0 bids]
6h
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $4.95 Buy It Now 6h 25m
It's a Mystery, Bob Seger, Silver Bullet Band CD 1995 Rite Of Passage, Lock Load US $1.99 [0 bids]
Metallica 6 CD Lot Varying Conditions Master of Puppets Load Reload More US $9.99 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD~STRONGER THAN EVIL~NM SWEDEN METAL LP + POSTER~THIN LIZZY/PHIL LYNOTT US $35.00 [5 bids]
NOS Sealed RCA Sound Tape Cartridge Snap Load Magnetic Recording Type 10M-5.6C US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
BECK~MUTATIONS~ORIGINAL BONG LOAD RECORDS LP~NEAR MINT CONDITION! US $56.00 [10 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $3.00 Buy It Now 7h 47m
Computer Club - Load Rocket (Gridlok Remix) #314953 US $6.47 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ray Charles m- 7 Feelin' Sad / Carrying That Load US $5.49 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Metallica Load Import Canada 1996 CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
LOCK N LOAD BLOW YA MIND THUMPING HARD HOUSE TUNE PEPPER RECORDS 1999 YOMANDA 12 US $11.35 Buy It Now 13h 3m
HEAVY LOAD DEATH OR GLORY LP Japan Obi 1982 SWEDISH METAL w/ lyric sheet US $82.50 Buy It Now 13h 48m
METALLICA LOAD 1996 JAPAN CD OBI 2300yen SRCS 1ST PRESS US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 5m
METALLICA 'Load' CD US $16.20 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Metallica - Re-Load [CD New] US $11.18 Buy It Now 14h 32m
MAXIMUM LOAD Oz SOUL/PSYCH 45 RARE!! W&G 60s Riding Through The Dandenong Ranges US $69.99 Buy It Now 15h 9m
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
METALLICA LOAD MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $227.03 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Load [PA] by Metallica (Cassette) US $5.25 Buy It Now 17h 27m
HEAVY LOAD - FREE Paul Kossoff Paul Rodgers Andy Fraser US $47.03 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD - FREE Paul Kossoff Paul Rodgers Andy Fraser US $47.03 [0 bids]
METALLICA Promotional Card (Flat) - Load US $8.09 Buy It Now 20h 19m
BLACK DICE Load Blown MINT Experimental Noice Beats $2 Local Post US $7.94 [0 bids]
VINYL LP Six Finger Satellite - Clone Theory Load Records Load 008 US $13.99 Buy It Now 21h 51m
Various-Repopulation Program Providence RI-Load-2LP RARE LES SAVY FAV US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 34m
DREAD24 - Ray Keith - 12" - 1998 - Substance / Target (Lock, Load, US $4.99 [0 bids]
Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band - Lock And Load (Double CD Single) US $6.47 [0 bids]
Metallica Load USA Cassette Tape US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA Load 2001 UK heavy vinyl 2-LP + inners UNPLAYED US $40.53 [0 bids]
LIGHTNING BOLT Wonderful Rainbow LP OOP Load Records The Locust Arab On Radar US $21.99 [1 bids]
TORCH: Electrikiss LP Red Vinyl Sword Records Sweden Orig. 220 Volt Heavy Load US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOUG BENSON - UNBALANCED LOAD [PA] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE HILLBILLY 45 EP- BOBBY GREGORY & BAND - TRAIN LOAD OF BLUES - GREGORIAN 112 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ORIGINAL CAST man with a load of mischief LP Mint- KRL 4508 Mono Vinyl Kapp US $14.40 Buy It Now 1 day
WIDE LOAD - Bread And Butter/The Jamestown Ferry US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Swingin' Neckbreakers -T Jorgensen, Project, Platinum Load-debut rec,Echo Wallet US $5.00 [0 bids]
Lock and Load [PA] by Various Artists (CD, Oct-2005, Copter Records) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Load - Feel The Power [Vinyl New] US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BLasssTPhlEgMEICE by White Mice (CD, Feb-2007, Load ... US $14.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Throne by Excepter (CD, Jul-2005, Load Records) US $14.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Noxagt * by Noxagt (CD, May-2006, Load Records) US $13.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica LOAD CD (USA 1996) E/M Ventures US $0.99 [0 bids]
CD Promo Single Shabba Ranks Trailor Load A Girls DJ USA Collectible US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Lock N Load - House Some More 12" vinyl single US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
In The Night!!! by Famous Monsters (CD 1998, Bong Load) White Zombie Psychobilly US $3.99 [0 bids]
At All Ends by Yellow Swans (CD, Oct-2007, Load Records) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WINTER NORTH ATLANTIC - Load Line ~ VINYL LP US $14.74 Buy It Now 1 day
IMPRACTICAL COCKPIT to be treated LP 11 track (load79) us load 0 US $8.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Load - Metallica US $9.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Re Load - Metallica US $9.45 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKEY BEE - WOMAN HAVE A HEAVY LOAD - KING TUFFYST (REGGAE) (12" SINGLE) US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BEATALLICA-ABBEY LOAD-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK F30 US $28.50 Buy It Now 1 day
JASON LOAD EXPERIENCE & IYONA mainline '90 12" VG+ QK021 Deep House 1989 Record US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA - Load - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock N Load - Blow Ya Mind - Diesel - 2000 #348335 US $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
MANILLA ROAD EMBROIDERED PATCH HEAVY LOAD CIRITH UNGOL KROKUS Metal Negro US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPIKE MILLIGAN a record load of rubbish 1971 UK BBC MONO VINYL LP US $13.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Bass Mekanik - Re Load [CD New] US $13.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Beck - "Odelay" CD (Bong Load, DGC) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Lightning Bolt - "Ride the Skies" CD (Load) spazzy, hyper, awesome US $7.99 [0 bids]
A load of old 45 rpm singles titles listed in the description US $1.61 [0 bids]
LE PAMPLEMOUSSE Avi 45 NEVER GIVIN UP/TAKE THE LOAD OFF US $14.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Sons of Thunder - Load Aim Fire US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $5.00 [0 bids]
BOB SEGER - LOCK AND LOAD 2-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD SINGLE CS349 US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
METALLICA LOAD ARGENTINA CASSETTE US $42.65 Buy It Now 2 days
SHABBA RANKS Trailor Load a Girls Lp (G) 12" US $5.96 Buy It Now 2 days
HEAVY LOAD EMBROIDERED PATCH CLASSIC HEAVY EPIC METAL Metal Negro US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PUTRID PILE HOUSE OF DEMENTIA DEVOURMENT VIRAL LOAD LIVIDITY GORGASM DYING FETUS US $12.99 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $2.99 [0 bids]
LOAD DOES DEAD GODFLESH SMELL 7" Vinyl Faceless Records Punk Rock Hellraiser OOP US $11.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Blow Ya Mind, Lock & Load, Good638592301627 US $1.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Lock & Load Various Artists MUSIC CD US $7.37 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy THE LOAD music online Buy THE LOAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE LOAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy ratings distribution

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Forgotten Band

--- Uhm . while RADIOHEAD is now the most famous band in this beloved website where many reviewers have given their say about "how prog the band is with OK Computer", and now am reviewing the band that is very "unpopular" at all (to my knowledge, at least) in the prog arena or any other arena. So, I have to be prepared for not becoming popular because I have not jumped into Radiohead bandwagon yet - therefore, no one would want to read this review. Nevermind, Gentle Giant did their bold efforts for not being popular in their music direction. Indeed, they succeed with their own way for not being popular. That's exactly what I want to do with this very unpopular band (and therefore "underrated") that, indeed, deserves detailed review. My ultimate goal is to help you in making decision to purchase the CD. Well, I have no financial interest at all with The Laser's Edge, but I feel obliged to review this well deserved album!! Go get the CD now! You won't regret!

I would consider this band as forgotten band of the seventies as very few knew them. Even the CD on my hands now was basically found by my prog-mate, Andy Julias, "by accident" from one of our local record stores down here in Jakarta, Indonesia. THE LOAD was a band that started in Columbus, Ohio, in March 1973, and conducted its career in California in 1980. They were partners in Owl Recording Studios, from which they released their first album "Praise The Load" in 1976. "Load Have Mercy" was the second of three albums the band recorded. (source: CD sleeve note). [My personal thanks to Max that has promptly put this album in this site].

THE LOAD music is a blend of Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, ELP, Kansas, and Rick van der Linden (Trace). Aha! When I mention these names, now it rings you a bell about sort of music these guys are playing hah? Hold your thought for a second. Don't misunderstand my statement as if you listen to the band by yourself, you may "partially" disagree with my statement. There are heavy influences of classical music in this album and bit of classic rock music. For my personal taste, this album is really excellent and I will tell you why on track by track basis. Hope that you don't get bored with it. You don't have to read this detailed review, just purchase the CD!

Mobilized opens the album with an excellent rock instrumental with electric guitar taking the lead of the music, combined with Hammond organ / clavinet D6. The tune starts off with a soft Sterling Smith's Hammond organ accompanied with an acoustic guitar fills. The style of Sterling's play is a blend of Ken Hensley and Procol Harum's keyboard player. The inclusion of clavinet D6 sounds in some transitions has enriched this track. The stunning electric guitar work played by Dave Hessler reminds me to the style of Procol Harum's, it's just much more rocking in this track. There is a segment where I can see the influence of "I want You" by The Beatles. Overall, this track is excellent and very satisfying my mind!

One is Gone is a very short track (1:46) but it's very nicely composed. It's performed in medium tempo with powerful vocals & backing vocals in happy mood, accentuated excellently by the Hammond sound. The short solo combining Hammond and piano is really really (I mean really!) excellent! It's enjoyable and accessible to any music buffs.

Something Suite (instrumental) opens with a common song familiar to my ears as it has been played by many bands including Marillion at the opening of "Margaret" live version track. Sorry, I don't know exactly, but it seems to me like a British traditional tune. When it reaches minute 1:35 - is now the time for the band's composition to play. The Hammond organ has again done a marvelous job in this track. Having explored the sound of Hammond, electric guitar takes wonderful solo. At the end of guitar work, Tom Smith does his fantastic solo drumming. Wow! What a dynamic tune this one is.

Richter Scale (hmm . the title seems so scary for me personally - it's a scale that is used to measure the magnitude of earthquake and tsunami that's just happened recently in my country). This is another fantastic song beautifully crafted by the band. It combines the improvised works of guitar, bass and clavinet. When Hammond takes part in solo work at the middle of the track, it's really killing me. It's then combined with a simple (but nice!) piano touch in classical music vein. The tempo turns faster at the end, accompanied with short drum solo. Oh my God! These guys are really geniuses!!!

Interstellar Debris (instrumental)starts of with a keyboard work; the music flows unexpectedly with a very nice texture. The rhythm section has repeated chorus but it's not boring because keyboard and guitar fill in the transitions and interlude. Some musical passages remind me to Babe Ruth music, especially "First Base" album.

The Narrows (instrumental) starts with a bass solo that at first bar almost mislead me to the opening bass line of "I Am A Camera" (Yes "Drama"). But it's not the case as when the music flows with Hammond organ takes the melody, it's different. The clavinet solo during interlude is played in a jazz music vein. The combination of drumming and guitar works is fantastic!

Choices opened with a church organ followed with a voice line and percussion. It's a short track that welcomes the next wonderful track.

Too Much To Believe is an epic that opens with a soft organ work followed by full music crescendo with unique singing style at voice line. I like the rhythm section of the opening part which is dominated by organ sound - bit of Ken Hensley style. At approx minute 3:00 the music enters into a passage where soft bass guitar play accompany solo organ, augmented with soft drumming. This segment reminds me to Kansas. The organ solo is soooo fantastic and it can bring me to the journey to the "other world". Oh mannnn ... I love it very much! What makes me happy is that this nice piece performed relatively long. It then flows to a pure (without any other instruments played) organ / clavinet solo with classical music influence. It reminds me to the work of Rick van der Linden (TRACE). Nice solo, but it may tend to bore the listeners. The music returns back to the original tagline melody. A track of my favorite!

Eitel's Lament (instrumental) kicks off with organ work augmented with a soft marching drum. The bass line brings the music in its full stream with great drumming - again, it reminds me to Kansas music. But interestingly, when lead guitar enters the music, it gives me a nuance of Procol Harum's song "Repent Walpurgis" (ugghh . wonderful track of the Harum!). The solo guitar is really stunning especially with the background of seventies style rhythm section. The inclusion of acoustic guitar work with soft organ sound (at background) in the middle of this track is a fantastic idea! Especially when the organ gradually increases its sound. That's not the end yet! When electric guitar follows in a style of "Repent Walpurgis" style, it's able to create a sort of "cry" deep in my heart (hey, I'm not exaggerating, this is real! The melody is really killing! Like Repent Walpurgis kills me, really!). The ending part is colored by amazing organ work in the vein of Ken Hensley. Wonderfully crafted track! I would doubt your "progness" (new vocabulary!) if you do not enjoy this long instrumental track! Very highly recommended!!

To conclude my long write-up that actually I don't want to end - because (I think) this album deserves 15 pages review - I would highly recommend you to purchase the CD direct from Laser's Edge. In addition to music, the sonic quality of this CD is really top notch! On rating, well . I was thinking to put in between 4 to 5 stars and indecisive on which end should I round (up or down?). Finally . having learned from other reviewers that "dare" to give Radiohead "OK Computer" with full five star rating, I'm very confident to say that this album is much better than any Radiohead!! (sorry, I don't mean to say OK Computer is not a good album, but it does not deserve 5 stars - there are some loose structured songs after Karma Police). So, I offer this album with five stars. Keep on Progging!

Progressively Yours,

GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33902) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 17, 2005

Review by hdfisch
3 stars This had been second output by forgotten US band The Load which actually didn't see any release before it had been reissued on CD in 1996. Originally recorded in 1976 the 8 tracks are revealing a type of bombastic, classically (or by Christian religious music) inspired keyboard-driven Prog in the vein of ELP (or rather The Nice). Although sounding quite nice and as well being played very well I must say that this kind of music sounds rather dated for the time of its creation, moreover at times directionless and a bit of wishy-washy as if the musicians couldn't make up their mind whether they like to play Christian hymns, classical, blues, boogie or rock. Most of the tracks are instrumental which is a good thing since Sterling Smith's vocals aren't as impressing as his organ play dominating them. Every now and then there is a nice moog solo or some harpsichord. The music is mostly kept in an up-tempo pace with a solid rhythmic section provided by bass and drums with a couple of more quiet sections. On the occasion of first release of this record the band reunited in 1994 and recorded the bonus track "Eitel's Lament" fitting stylistically very well to the rest of the album. To sum up my review I would say that "Load Have Mercy" is a nice however quite dated record more in a proto-Prog vein which could be recommended if at all to fans of keyboard-driven instrumental Prog. Good enough for a solid 3-star rating!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#110727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Post a review of THE LOAD "Load Have Mercy "