LOAD HAVE MERCY

Buy THE LOAD Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Mobilized (6:28)
2. One Is Gone (1:46)
3. Something Suite (8:39)
4. Richter Scale (5:56)
5. Interstellar Debris (3:21)
6. The Narrows (6:16)
7. Choices (1:21)
8. Too Much To Believe (13:39)
9. Eitel's Lament (BONUS) (12:14)

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy lyrics

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy tabs

- Sterling Smith / keyboards, vocals
- Dave Hessler / bass, guitars
- Tom Smith / drums

Laser Edge LE-1023

THE LOAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE LOAD Load Have Mercy Music

Johnny Fitzmorris Crazy Dreams Load Dem Country 45 NM! US $9.72 Buy It Now 1h 24m
LOT OF 2 METALLICA CASSETTES «BLACK ALBUM» & «LOAD» (Made in Canada) US $9.00 [0 bids]
2h
METALLICA "Load" 2LP 2014 Blackened Recordings (Vinyl) New Sealed US $29.95 Buy It Now 3h 33m
MILLION DOLLAR DIGITAL 1.0 LOCK-N-LOAD West Coast Bay Rap/Gangsta G-Rap Smoov-E US $9.99 [0 bids]
At All Ends by Yellow Swans (CD, Oct-2007, Load Records) US $2.88 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Metallica Load CD US $12.71 Buy It Now 5h 51m
THE GOLDEN TOUCH (45) "BLIND SHOT" bw "IOU" 1994 LOAD RECORDS -RHODE ISLAND, USA US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
RAT CITY RIOT Load Up LP Ltd Ed of 500 Color Wax SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 11m
viral load mouth watering stench cd sleeve version devourment brutal death metal US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 37m
LIGHTNING BOLT CD S/T 1999 LOAD RECORDS NOISE US $3.49 [0 bids]
7h
99 Cent CD's- Metallica: Load [PA] (CD, Jun-1996) E/M Ventures Great Album! US $0.99 [0 bids]
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $14.99 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD - STRONGER THAN EVIL SWEDISH HEAVY METAL BAND w/ PHIL LYNOTT SEALD CD US $21.95 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Get a Load of This by Dave Stuckey (CD 2000, Hightone) NEW Western Swing US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Load Reissue LP Vinyl New Record By Metallica Free Shipping US $31.99 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Load - Homostupids New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.08 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Man with a load of Mischief-Kapp-original cast SS US $40.00 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Swingin' Neckbreakers -T Jorgensen, Project, Platinum Load-debut rec,Echo Wallet US $5.00 [0 bids]
TORSTEN-KING OF THE NEST,PRIVATE SWEDISH METAL,NWOBHM,HEAVY LOAD,GOTHAM CITY,OZ US $7.00 [1 bids]
Mr. Mystic- Wait 'Til They Get a Load of Me- new tape US $1.00 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Bass Mekanik - Re Load CD US $18.74 Buy It Now 13h 56m
THE WURZELS - LOAD MORE BULLOCKS - NEW CD US $17.15 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Vitamade Untimely Erections 1995 California Alt-Rock Lo-Fi Punk 7" Bong Load US $4.79 Buy It Now 14h 58m
Metallica load JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD GENUINE ORIGINAL SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 22m
Pizzaman ?- Happiness, Loaded Records ?- 12LOAD29, Vinyl, 12", 33 ? Single US $9.62 Buy It Now 15h 44m
BOB SEGER UK 1995 CD Single LOCK AND LOAD Part2 DiscMINT US $6.40 Buy It Now 16h 35m
78 Regal 9001 Vincent Lopez / Hollywood Dance Ain't Life A Load Of Happiness US $9.99 [0 bids]
BECK - ODELAY Bong Load Records BL 30 og 1996 lp w/ insert EX VINYL indie rock US $75.00 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $4.00 [0 bids]
BACCHUS JOHNSON 745 CARRY MY LOAD M- WOL $50.00 US $50.00 Buy It Now 17h 56m
Blow Ya Mind [US CD] [Single] by Lock 'n' Load (CD, ... US $0.49 [0 bids]
18h
Metallica-Load [PA] CD megadeth, slayer, testament, exodus, death, sepultura US $4.99 [0 bids]
BECK Mellow Gold LP 1994 Original EU Press Geffen Bong Load GEF-24634 w/ insert US $69.99 Buy It Now 19h 5m
LOCK N LOAD Blow Ya Mind 12" Sound Clip in Listing US $8.03 Buy It Now 19h 15m
LOCK N LOAD Blow Ya Mind 12" vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $8.03 Buy It Now 19h 15m
LOCK N LOAD Blow Ya Mind 3 Mix CD US $3.93 Buy It Now 19h 15m
metallica load CD US $2.49 Buy It Now 19h 53m
Sinews by White Suns (CD, Apr-2012, Load) US $13.53 Buy It Now 20h 10m
USED LOT OF FIVE METALLICA CDS LOAD BLACK INTERVIEW BABY UNFORGIVEN II SINGLE !! US $26.99 [0 bids]
PHIL GORDON: Get A Load Of That Crazy Walk 45 rare Blues & R&B US $50.00 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Japan ViViD BLUE 2011 Taiwan w/obi 3-Track CD Single+bonus New CRISIS-Re:Load US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 18m
Riptunes CD-MP3 Top Load Boom Box - Blue US $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Barncore [PA] by The Load Levelers (CD, Jul-2003, Direct Music Group) US $0.01 [0 bids]
BURMESE Men CD Load Records tumult lightning bolt eyehategod swans whitehouse US $1.00 [1 bids]
COVEN Worship New Gods CD new - SKR 2012 - Heavy Load - Pentagram - Saint Vitus US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Hymnsmen "With A Wagon Load Of Gospel" Weird Strange Cover Private LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
BECK - Odelay CD NM/NM DGC / Bong Load Records DGCD-24823 US $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 8m
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $8.54 Buy It Now 22h 9m
78RPM Biltmore 1060 Jelly Roll Morton, Load of Coal / Mississippi Mildred sV US $44.95 Buy It Now 22h 36m
DAVE STUCKEY AND THE RHYTHM GANG WESTERN SWING CD/GET A LOAD OF THIS MINT DISC US $5.95 Buy It Now 22h 55m
hammerhead load king 7" on amphetamine reptile records grey vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
DREAD24 - Ray Keith - 12" - 1998 - Substance / Target (Lock, Load, US $4.99 [0 bids]
METALLICA -Load- '96, JAPAN OBI ~[SRCS-8000] US $6.40 [1 bids]
METALLICA load JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD SEALED US $11.99 [0 bids]
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 23h 39m
BARBAROSSA**LOAD (7 INCH)**VINYL US $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Junior Rogers - Load Totin'/Come Play With Me 45 rpm Vanessa label US $74.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Doug Benson : Unbalanced Load CD (2009) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
No Direction: a Fourty-Two Records Compilation - V/A Gadjits Velvetones Load US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Beck Loser RARE previously unreleased Alcohol BONG LOAD FREE US SHIPPING US $11.50 Buy It Now 1 day
MIGHTY CLOUDS OF JOY ' 'Heavy Load' 'I'LL Be Alright Black Gospel 45 listen! US $24.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Damali Records Presents Down Load (A Kno CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Frankie Carle - A CARLE-LOAD OF HITS - Stereo LP - RCA Victor Records LSP-2148 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Metallica - Load - cassette 90's Metal Rock US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
UNCONTROLLABLE LOAD - Demo 2-96 (Cassette 1996) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BECK-LOSER 12" SINGLE BROWN WAX 45 RPM ON BONG LOAD RARE!!! US $19.99 [0 bids]
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS:Take A Load:T-shirt NEW:LARGE ONLY US $26.40 Buy It Now 1 day
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS:Take A Load:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $26.40 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA load JAPAN MINI LP CD SEALED US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1987 FASCINATING AIDA ~ A Load of Old Sequins Live Recording US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FRANKIE CARLE ( A LOAD OF HITS ) RCA MONO # LPM 2148 US $3.95 [0 bids]
Everything You Need by Vitamade (CD, Oct-1995, Bong Load) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Key Largo : Heartbreaker ( Vocal - Dub - Dub Instrumental ) : Loaded : LOAD 9 US $10.90 Buy It Now 1 day
metallica load 1996 emi records cassette thrash metal US $10.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Redsands - Lock And Load - CD (CAT N#RED002 2001) US $13.20 Buy It Now 1 day
OVO miastenia LP SEALED load 091 lightning bolt sunn kk null boris bestial vomit US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BLACK DICE - LOAD BLOWN [677517101829] - NEW CD US $10.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Throne by Excepter (CD, Jul-2005, Load Records) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock N Load Lock'n'Load Blow Ya Mind Club Caviar Mixes 4 Track Ultimate CD Maxi US $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] [LP] by Metallica (Vinyl, Jun-1996, Elektra) 0106 US $74.97 Buy It Now 1 day
MR MYSTIC WAIT TIL THEY GET A LOAD OF ME vinyl 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUNDTRACK - 12" lp album - MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF (original cast album) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Muzza Chunka "Loaded/ Open House" 1992 Bong Load 7" single US $5.99 [0 bids]
Metallica - Load [CD New] US $22.07 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA load + reload JAPAN CD BOX SRCS-8000 SRCS-8512 W/OBI not 3USD shipping US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
metallica load 1996 double 12" LP Vinyl Mint Rare Album + Inners Top Copy US $219.40 Buy It Now 1 day
1997 Reggae Dancehall 45 Anthony B - Heavy Load b/w Version Star Trail VG++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica - Load [CD New] US $26.49 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHN CLIFTON - MAN WITH A LOAD OF MISCHIEF - Cast LP US $15.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
CD Metallica Load US $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Load by Metallica (Vinyl 2014, 2 LPs) New & Sealed. Fast Shipping US $25.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ELLIOT SMITH xo LP limited 180G vinyl 1998 bong load records OOP original press US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HAMMERHEAD Load King Orig Amphetamine Reptile Noise Grey 45 Helmet Tar Shellac US $9.99 [0 bids]
Whites Load ?- ??? ?????, ???? ??? / My Heart, Blood Of Mine Skin Oi! hool isd US $8.01 [0 bids]
Lock & Load CD Killah Priest - Capone - Talib Kweli - Blaq Poet - Da Beatminerz US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) US $0.01 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE LOAD music online Buy THE LOAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE LOAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy ratings distribution

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Forgotten Band

--- Uhm . while RADIOHEAD is now the most famous band in this beloved website where many reviewers have given their say about "how prog the band is with OK Computer", and now am reviewing the band that is very "unpopular" at all (to my knowledge, at least) in the prog arena or any other arena. So, I have to be prepared for not becoming popular because I have not jumped into Radiohead bandwagon yet - therefore, no one would want to read this review. Nevermind, Gentle Giant did their bold efforts for not being popular in their music direction. Indeed, they succeed with their own way for not being popular. That's exactly what I want to do with this very unpopular band (and therefore "underrated") that, indeed, deserves detailed review. My ultimate goal is to help you in making decision to purchase the CD. Well, I have no financial interest at all with The Laser's Edge, but I feel obliged to review this well deserved album!! Go get the CD now! You won't regret!

I would consider this band as forgotten band of the seventies as very few knew them. Even the CD on my hands now was basically found by my prog-mate, Andy Julias, "by accident" from one of our local record stores down here in Jakarta, Indonesia. THE LOAD was a band that started in Columbus, Ohio, in March 1973, and conducted its career in California in 1980. They were partners in Owl Recording Studios, from which they released their first album "Praise The Load" in 1976. "Load Have Mercy" was the second of three albums the band recorded. (source: CD sleeve note). [My personal thanks to Max that has promptly put this album in this site].

THE LOAD music is a blend of Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, ELP, Kansas, and Rick van der Linden (Trace). Aha! When I mention these names, now it rings you a bell about sort of music these guys are playing hah? Hold your thought for a second. Don't misunderstand my statement as if you listen to the band by yourself, you may "partially" disagree with my statement. There are heavy influences of classical music in this album and bit of classic rock music. For my personal taste, this album is really excellent and I will tell you why on track by track basis. Hope that you don't get bored with it. You don't have to read this detailed review, just purchase the CD!

Mobilized opens the album with an excellent rock instrumental with electric guitar taking the lead of the music, combined with Hammond organ / clavinet D6. The tune starts off with a soft Sterling Smith's Hammond organ accompanied with an acoustic guitar fills. The style of Sterling's play is a blend of Ken Hensley and Procol Harum's keyboard player. The inclusion of clavinet D6 sounds in some transitions has enriched this track. The stunning electric guitar work played by Dave Hessler reminds me to the style of Procol Harum's, it's just much more rocking in this track. There is a segment where I can see the influence of "I want You" by The Beatles. Overall, this track is excellent and very satisfying my mind!

One is Gone is a very short track (1:46) but it's very nicely composed. It's performed in medium tempo with powerful vocals & backing vocals in happy mood, accentuated excellently by the Hammond sound. The short solo combining Hammond and piano is really really (I mean really!) excellent! It's enjoyable and accessible to any music buffs.

Something Suite (instrumental) opens with a common song familiar to my ears as it has been played by many bands including Marillion at the opening of "Margaret" live version track. Sorry, I don't know exactly, but it seems to me like a British traditional tune. When it reaches minute 1:35 - is now the time for the band's composition to play. The Hammond organ has again done a marvelous job in this track. Having explored the sound of Hammond, electric guitar takes wonderful solo. At the end of guitar work, Tom Smith does his fantastic solo drumming. Wow! What a dynamic tune this one is.

Richter Scale (hmm . the title seems so scary for me personally - it's a scale that is used to measure the magnitude of earthquake and tsunami that's just happened recently in my country). This is another fantastic song beautifully crafted by the band. It combines the improvised works of guitar, bass and clavinet. When Hammond takes part in solo work at the middle of the track, it's really killing me. It's then combined with a simple (but nice!) piano touch in classical music vein. The tempo turns faster at the end, accompanied with short drum solo. Oh my God! These guys are really geniuses!!!

Interstellar Debris (instrumental)starts of with a keyboard work; the music flows unexpectedly with a very nice texture. The rhythm section has repeated chorus but it's not boring because keyboard and guitar fill in the transitions and interlude. Some musical passages remind me to Babe Ruth music, especially "First Base" album.

The Narrows (instrumental) starts with a bass solo that at first bar almost mislead me to the opening bass line of "I Am A Camera" (Yes "Drama"). But it's not the case as when the music flows with Hammond organ takes the melody, it's different. The clavinet solo during interlude is played in a jazz music vein. The combination of drumming and guitar works is fantastic!

Choices opened with a church organ followed with a voice line and percussion. It's a short track that welcomes the next wonderful track.

Too Much To Believe is an epic that opens with a soft organ work followed by full music crescendo with unique singing style at voice line. I like the rhythm section of the opening part which is dominated by organ sound - bit of Ken Hensley style. At approx minute 3:00 the music enters into a passage where soft bass guitar play accompany solo organ, augmented with soft drumming. This segment reminds me to Kansas. The organ solo is soooo fantastic and it can bring me to the journey to the "other world". Oh mannnn ... I love it very much! What makes me happy is that this nice piece performed relatively long. It then flows to a pure (without any other instruments played) organ / clavinet solo with classical music influence. It reminds me to the work of Rick van der Linden (TRACE). Nice solo, but it may tend to bore the listeners. The music returns back to the original tagline melody. A track of my favorite!

Eitel's Lament (instrumental) kicks off with organ work augmented with a soft marching drum. The bass line brings the music in its full stream with great drumming - again, it reminds me to Kansas music. But interestingly, when lead guitar enters the music, it gives me a nuance of Procol Harum's song "Repent Walpurgis" (ugghh . wonderful track of the Harum!). The solo guitar is really stunning especially with the background of seventies style rhythm section. The inclusion of acoustic guitar work with soft organ sound (at background) in the middle of this track is a fantastic idea! Especially when the organ gradually increases its sound. That's not the end yet! When electric guitar follows in a style of "Repent Walpurgis" style, it's able to create a sort of "cry" deep in my heart (hey, I'm not exaggerating, this is real! The melody is really killing! Like Repent Walpurgis kills me, really!). The ending part is colored by amazing organ work in the vein of Ken Hensley. Wonderfully crafted track! I would doubt your "progness" (new vocabulary!) if you do not enjoy this long instrumental track! Very highly recommended!!

To conclude my long write-up that actually I don't want to end - because (I think) this album deserves 15 pages review - I would highly recommend you to purchase the CD direct from Laser's Edge. In addition to music, the sonic quality of this CD is really top notch! On rating, well . I was thinking to put in between 4 to 5 stars and indecisive on which end should I round (up or down?). Finally . having learned from other reviewers that "dare" to give Radiohead "OK Computer" with full five star rating, I'm very confident to say that this album is much better than any Radiohead!! (sorry, I don't mean to say OK Computer is not a good album, but it does not deserve 5 stars - there are some loose structured songs after Karma Police). So, I offer this album with five stars. Keep on Progging!

Progressively Yours,

GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33902) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 17, 2005

Review by hdfisch
3 stars This had been second output by forgotten US band The Load which actually didn't see any release before it had been reissued on CD in 1996. Originally recorded in 1976 the 8 tracks are revealing a type of bombastic, classically (or by Christian religious music) inspired keyboard-driven Prog in the vein of ELP (or rather The Nice). Although sounding quite nice and as well being played very well I must say that this kind of music sounds rather dated for the time of its creation, moreover at times directionless and a bit of wishy-washy as if the musicians couldn't make up their mind whether they like to play Christian hymns, classical, blues, boogie or rock. Most of the tracks are instrumental which is a good thing since Sterling Smith's vocals aren't as impressing as his organ play dominating them. Every now and then there is a nice moog solo or some harpsichord. The music is mostly kept in an up-tempo pace with a solid rhythmic section provided by bass and drums with a couple of more quiet sections. On the occasion of first release of this record the band reunited in 1994 and recorded the bonus track "Eitel's Lament" fitting stylistically very well to the rest of the album. To sum up my review I would say that "Load Have Mercy" is a nice however quite dated record more in a proto-Prog vein which could be recommended if at all to fans of keyboard-driven instrumental Prog. Good enough for a solid 3-star rating!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#110727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Post a review of THE LOAD "Load Have Mercy "