LOAD HAVE MERCY

Buy THE LOAD Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Mobilized (6:28)
2. One Is Gone (1:46)
3. Something Suite (8:39)
4. Richter Scale (5:56)
5. Interstellar Debris (3:21)
6. The Narrows (6:16)
7. Choices (1:21)
8. Too Much To Believe (13:39)
9. Eitel's Lament (BONUS) (12:14)

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy lyrics

Search THE LOAD Load Have Mercy tabs

- Sterling Smith / keyboards, vocals
- Dave Hessler / bass, guitars
- Tom Smith / drums

Laser Edge LE-1023

THE LOAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE LOAD Load Have Mercy Music

BEATALLICA-Abbey Load-2013 CD US $3.75 [2 bids]
35m 5s
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $8.99 Buy It Now 35m 15s
Lutefisk 7" on Bong Load Recs US $3.00 [0 bids]
55m 49s
JR. WALKER & ALL STARS CARRY YOUR OWN LOAD 45 SOUL US $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 52m
METALLICA CD LOT of 8- Ride Lightning, Garage Inc, S&M, Load, Reload, Black +++ US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Lock and Load - [PA] (CD, Oct-2005, Copter Records) - NEW US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Meteors "Get A Load Of This" German Polydor P/C 45 US $33.95 Buy It Now 5h 9m
JON LOAD - Before I Forget Japan w/OBI F/S case crack w/OBI 1993 TOCP-7606 US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Airconditioning 12" vinyl on Load Records Lightning Bolt, White Mice US $10.00 [0 bids]
BISCAYA s/t (1984) +4 RARE JAPAN CD BVCP-7451 NO OBI Pagan Destiny Heavy Load US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
BECK "Steve Threw Up" 7inch Bong Load US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
SIX FINGER SATELLITE half control CD 8 track. deletion hole to rear insert (load US $12.24 Buy It Now 8h 24m
TROUBLE - WARRIOR CD OZ BISCAYA MENZER SPITFIRE HEAVY LOAD US $7.90 [0 bids]
Metallica - Until The Studiosh*t Load 2000 CD Unreleased Tracks US $16.89 Buy It Now 11h 43m
DREAD24 - Ray Keith - 12" - 1998 - Substance / Target (Lock, Load, US $4.99 [0 bids]
BLACK DICE - LOAD BLOWN (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.89 Buy It Now 12h 14m
12 Guage Records Presents Lock N Load (CD, 12 Guage Records) US $9.49 Buy It Now 12h 42m
1995 Lutefisk Aerosol / Return To The Journey 7" Bong Load BL-17 NM+ in Sleeve US $2.75 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Wait 'Til They Get a Load of Me by Mr. Mystic (CD, Apr-1993, THG Music) US $3.65 Buy It Now 14h
Metallica,Load,1996 Elektra Press.NM Cond. US $29.99 [0 bids]
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) Mint #AI63 US $3.98 Buy It Now 15h 4m
METALLICA - LOAD _ SHMCD NEW [W/OBI] US $18.99 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Beck! Odelay US Bong Load 180gm Issue Vinyl LP No Insert/Folder Inc. Dust Cover US $27.00 [15 bids]
16h
Rogue Wave PERMALIGHT Lp sealed Mint free Mp3 down load US $15.99 Buy It Now 16h 2m
LARRY MARSHALL - Heavy Heavy Load - Superbad 7" - 197X US $8.49 [0 bids]
Nixon,Nick - Heavy Load [CD New] US $20.00 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Metallica Load 2 12" Lp 1996 US $60.00 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $7.64 Buy It Now 17h 8m
METALLICA - LOAD - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $16.98 Buy It Now 17h 18m
2 KITES CDs - Royal Paint ... & Hidden Family (Prurient Split) - LOAD Records US $2.00 [0 bids]
BECK JACK ASS x2 45's g/f sleeve bong load / gfs 22276 US $25.46 Buy It Now 20h 13m
COUGHS Secret Passage CD - LOAD Records - Like New US $0.99 [0 bids]
BECK Mellow Gold CD 1994 DGC Geffen Bong Load Records alternative rock Loser US $3.99 [0 bids]
HEAVY LOAD DEATH OR GLORY MANOWAR WARLORD LIEGE LORD WHY WAIT 4 FOREIGN SHIPPING US $89.99 Buy It Now 20h 24m
VIRAL LOAD Practitioners Of Perversion CD TXDM devourment insidious decrepancy US $10.99 Buy It Now 20h 42m
Nicodemus- Trailer Load A Car/ Jammys Records/ Reggae 7" US $13.56 Buy It Now 21h 17m
Shabba Ranks- Trailer Load Of Girls/ Shang Muzik/ Reggae 7" US $13.56 Buy It Now 21h 18m
GARY CROSBY "GET A LOAD O' ME/NOAH FOUND GRACE IN THE EYES" 1956 DECCA VG++ US $4.00 Buy It Now 21h 31m
The Human Resourceful [Digipak] by Love Load (The) (CD) US $1.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
The Wurzels A Load More Bullocks CD Folk Music Album Brand New US $20.35 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Lock 'n Load by Denis Leary (CD, Nov-1997, A&M (USA)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Slow by Phil Tagliere (CD, Feb-2002, Bong Load) US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 15m
Shabba Ranks 12" Single Trailor Load A Girls Epic Records 1991 #4973809 US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beck Odelay US Bong Load 180 gram Issue Vinyl LP with Sticker Fold Long Poster US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA CD LOT Load Reload Garage Puppets Anger w/DVD Black+ Hero, Unforgiven US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VIRAL LOAD Brutalized Beyond Belief CD devourment insidious decrepancy disgorge US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Johnny Fitzmorris 45 CRAZY DREAMS / LOAD DEM WAGONS ~ VG++ country US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC * LOAD UP YOUR CANNONS * 2LP GATEFOLD DELUXE * FTATR 1981 US $29.00 [1 bids]
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
CD ALBUM.- PROBLEM. - HOT LOAD. - VINAKA. - 2004. US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
BIG PERM - HEAVY LOAD COMPILATION IRONIC YOUNG DRU US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA - LOAD NEW CD 1996 ????????? US $15.38 Buy It Now 1 day
HEAVY LOAD - Death Or Glory - CD LIKE NEW US $16.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Heavy Load - Love Revolution CD US $13.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica - Load 1996 SEALED Original USA Press LP Elektra Records Megadeth UFO US $235.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HEAVY LOAD - STRONGER THAN EVIL - CD LIKE NEW US $16.97 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA - LOAD - NEW CD ALBUM US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Lock N Load Lock'n'Load Blow Ya Mind Club Caviar Mixes 4 Track Ultimate CD Maxi US $5.01 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA - LOAD [METALLICA] [856115004538] - NEW CD US $6.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Load by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra Label). LIKE NEW CONDITION. US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica ?- Load (2xLP, Album) megadeth slayer anthrax US $46.00 [0 bids]
RANDY VAN HORNE & TIGERS - Get a Load of That Walk - 45 US $11.62 Buy It Now 1 day
FOO FIGHTERS Beck FU MANCHU Toadies VITAMADE Quinine BONG LOAD promo cd US $8.95 [0 bids]
Loggins & Messina (3 LP's) ~ Mother Load ~ Native Sons ~ Sittin' In US $11.99 [0 bids]
SOVINE red/phantom 309 old pipliner 10 DAYS OUT pay load daddy MR FCC new TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $1.49 [0 bids]
VEGGIE TALES SING-ALONGS - PIRATES' BOAT LOAD OF FUN -CD-MINT US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Home Alone(12"Vinyl)Gimme Your Love-LOAD 017-Loaded Re US $11.02 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA LOAD RARE Replica OBI LP Sealed 1st ED. CD US $84.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Load [PA] by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
METALLICA UNTIL IT SLEEPS CD Single UK Release Part 1 1996 GB Thrash Metal Load US $6.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Load by Metallica (CD, Jun-1996, Elektra (Label)) Excellent Condition! US $2.25 [5 bids]
JR. Walker & All Stars Soul 45 Record 35081 1961 Holly holy/carry your own load US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Beatallica - Abbey Load [CD New] US $11.12 Buy It Now 1 day
The BAND - 2CD TAKE A LOAD FOR FREE US $38.99 [0 bids]
SEXY DEATH SODA - California Police State (CD, May-1998, Bong Load) US $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Sold by Weight - Crutch, BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED CD (Oct-1995, Bong Load) US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Load Point Pull: Down In Flames CD Album 2888N US $4.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Babylon Rules by Clockcleaner (CD, Oct-2007, Load Records) Noisecore Punk US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) New SS Sealed Unopen US $6.00 [0 bids]
R.E.M. NEAR MINT PICTURE SLEEVE W/45 AND JUKEBOX STRIP AND DOWN LOAD CARD/LOOK! US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Load- Load Have Mercy. Prog, psych, Laser's Edge, OOP, rare! US $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MEDIEVAL STEEL EMBROIDERED PATCH HEAVY LOAD CIRITH UNGOL KROKUS Metal Negro US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
METALLICA - LOAD Brand NEW & FACTORY SEALED Rare Poland Cassette VERTIGO Label US $14.90 Buy It Now 1 day
(584O) The Licks, Heavy Load - DJ CD US $4.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Metallica Load 2 Record Set With Origional Inner Sleeves Mint Never Played! US $39.00 [0 bids]
VIRAL LOAD Brutalized Beyond Belief death metal TXDM Corpse Gristle RARE Press!! US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Load [PA] Metallica (CD, Jun-1996) FAST SHIP US $4.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Mutations by Beck (CD, Nov-1998, DGC/Bong Load) US $2.99 [0 bids]
LITTLE JIMMY DICKENS Truck Load Of Starv 45 Col 4-43514 EX+-NM (45s-3794) US $3.57 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXIMUM LOAD Riding Through The Dandenong Ranges OZ 45 / BOOGALOO MOD FUNK US $28.19 Buy It Now 2 days
METALLICA - LOAD NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 2 days
METALLICA - RE-LOAD NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Various - Boo: Ere Cop A Load Of This US $4.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Blow Ya Mind [US CD] [Single] by Lock 'n' Load (CD, ... US $0.49 [0 bids]
BEATALLICA-ABBEY LOAD-JAPAN MINI LP CD BONUS TRACK F30 US $28.50 Buy It Now 2 days
METALLICA-LOAD GATEFOLD 2LP,VERTIGO PRESS 1996,LIKE MEGADETH,IRON MAIDEN,ANTHRAX US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mr Mystic,CD,Cut-Out,Wait Til They Get a Load of Me US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lock & Load [PA] - Various Artists (CD 2005) US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy THE LOAD music online Buy THE LOAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE LOAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy ratings distribution

THE LOAD Load Have Mercy reviews

Review by Gatot
5 stars Forgotten Band

--- Uhm . while RADIOHEAD is now the most famous band in this beloved website where many reviewers have given their say about "how prog the band is with OK Computer", and now am reviewing the band that is very "unpopular" at all (to my knowledge, at least) in the prog arena or any other arena. So, I have to be prepared for not becoming popular because I have not jumped into Radiohead bandwagon yet - therefore, no one would want to read this review. Nevermind, Gentle Giant did their bold efforts for not being popular in their music direction. Indeed, they succeed with their own way for not being popular. That's exactly what I want to do with this very unpopular band (and therefore "underrated") that, indeed, deserves detailed review. My ultimate goal is to help you in making decision to purchase the CD. Well, I have no financial interest at all with The Laser's Edge, but I feel obliged to review this well deserved album!! Go get the CD now! You won't regret!

I would consider this band as forgotten band of the seventies as very few knew them. Even the CD on my hands now was basically found by my prog-mate, Andy Julias, "by accident" from one of our local record stores down here in Jakarta, Indonesia. THE LOAD was a band that started in Columbus, Ohio, in March 1973, and conducted its career in California in 1980. They were partners in Owl Recording Studios, from which they released their first album "Praise The Load" in 1976. "Load Have Mercy" was the second of three albums the band recorded. (source: CD sleeve note). [My personal thanks to Max that has promptly put this album in this site].

THE LOAD music is a blend of Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, ELP, Kansas, and Rick van der Linden (Trace). Aha! When I mention these names, now it rings you a bell about sort of music these guys are playing hah? Hold your thought for a second. Don't misunderstand my statement as if you listen to the band by yourself, you may "partially" disagree with my statement. There are heavy influences of classical music in this album and bit of classic rock music. For my personal taste, this album is really excellent and I will tell you why on track by track basis. Hope that you don't get bored with it. You don't have to read this detailed review, just purchase the CD!

Mobilized opens the album with an excellent rock instrumental with electric guitar taking the lead of the music, combined with Hammond organ / clavinet D6. The tune starts off with a soft Sterling Smith's Hammond organ accompanied with an acoustic guitar fills. The style of Sterling's play is a blend of Ken Hensley and Procol Harum's keyboard player. The inclusion of clavinet D6 sounds in some transitions has enriched this track. The stunning electric guitar work played by Dave Hessler reminds me to the style of Procol Harum's, it's just much more rocking in this track. There is a segment where I can see the influence of "I want You" by The Beatles. Overall, this track is excellent and very satisfying my mind!

One is Gone is a very short track (1:46) but it's very nicely composed. It's performed in medium tempo with powerful vocals & backing vocals in happy mood, accentuated excellently by the Hammond sound. The short solo combining Hammond and piano is really really (I mean really!) excellent! It's enjoyable and accessible to any music buffs.

Something Suite (instrumental) opens with a common song familiar to my ears as it has been played by many bands including Marillion at the opening of "Margaret" live version track. Sorry, I don't know exactly, but it seems to me like a British traditional tune. When it reaches minute 1:35 - is now the time for the band's composition to play. The Hammond organ has again done a marvelous job in this track. Having explored the sound of Hammond, electric guitar takes wonderful solo. At the end of guitar work, Tom Smith does his fantastic solo drumming. Wow! What a dynamic tune this one is.

Richter Scale (hmm . the title seems so scary for me personally - it's a scale that is used to measure the magnitude of earthquake and tsunami that's just happened recently in my country). This is another fantastic song beautifully crafted by the band. It combines the improvised works of guitar, bass and clavinet. When Hammond takes part in solo work at the middle of the track, it's really killing me. It's then combined with a simple (but nice!) piano touch in classical music vein. The tempo turns faster at the end, accompanied with short drum solo. Oh my God! These guys are really geniuses!!!

Interstellar Debris (instrumental)starts of with a keyboard work; the music flows unexpectedly with a very nice texture. The rhythm section has repeated chorus but it's not boring because keyboard and guitar fill in the transitions and interlude. Some musical passages remind me to Babe Ruth music, especially "First Base" album.

The Narrows (instrumental) starts with a bass solo that at first bar almost mislead me to the opening bass line of "I Am A Camera" (Yes "Drama"). But it's not the case as when the music flows with Hammond organ takes the melody, it's different. The clavinet solo during interlude is played in a jazz music vein. The combination of drumming and guitar works is fantastic!

Choices opened with a church organ followed with a voice line and percussion. It's a short track that welcomes the next wonderful track.

Too Much To Believe is an epic that opens with a soft organ work followed by full music crescendo with unique singing style at voice line. I like the rhythm section of the opening part which is dominated by organ sound - bit of Ken Hensley style. At approx minute 3:00 the music enters into a passage where soft bass guitar play accompany solo organ, augmented with soft drumming. This segment reminds me to Kansas. The organ solo is soooo fantastic and it can bring me to the journey to the "other world". Oh mannnn ... I love it very much! What makes me happy is that this nice piece performed relatively long. It then flows to a pure (without any other instruments played) organ / clavinet solo with classical music influence. It reminds me to the work of Rick van der Linden (TRACE). Nice solo, but it may tend to bore the listeners. The music returns back to the original tagline melody. A track of my favorite!

Eitel's Lament (instrumental) kicks off with organ work augmented with a soft marching drum. The bass line brings the music in its full stream with great drumming - again, it reminds me to Kansas music. But interestingly, when lead guitar enters the music, it gives me a nuance of Procol Harum's song "Repent Walpurgis" (ugghh . wonderful track of the Harum!). The solo guitar is really stunning especially with the background of seventies style rhythm section. The inclusion of acoustic guitar work with soft organ sound (at background) in the middle of this track is a fantastic idea! Especially when the organ gradually increases its sound. That's not the end yet! When electric guitar follows in a style of "Repent Walpurgis" style, it's able to create a sort of "cry" deep in my heart (hey, I'm not exaggerating, this is real! The melody is really killing! Like Repent Walpurgis kills me, really!). The ending part is colored by amazing organ work in the vein of Ken Hensley. Wonderfully crafted track! I would doubt your "progness" (new vocabulary!) if you do not enjoy this long instrumental track! Very highly recommended!!

To conclude my long write-up that actually I don't want to end - because (I think) this album deserves 15 pages review - I would highly recommend you to purchase the CD direct from Laser's Edge. In addition to music, the sonic quality of this CD is really top notch! On rating, well . I was thinking to put in between 4 to 5 stars and indecisive on which end should I round (up or down?). Finally . having learned from other reviewers that "dare" to give Radiohead "OK Computer" with full five star rating, I'm very confident to say that this album is much better than any Radiohead!! (sorry, I don't mean to say OK Computer is not a good album, but it does not deserve 5 stars - there are some loose structured songs after Karma Police). So, I offer this album with five stars. Keep on Progging!

Progressively Yours,

GW - Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#33902) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 17, 2005

Review by hdfisch
3 stars This had been second output by forgotten US band The Load which actually didn't see any release before it had been reissued on CD in 1996. Originally recorded in 1976 the 8 tracks are revealing a type of bombastic, classically (or by Christian religious music) inspired keyboard-driven Prog in the vein of ELP (or rather The Nice). Although sounding quite nice and as well being played very well I must say that this kind of music sounds rather dated for the time of its creation, moreover at times directionless and a bit of wishy-washy as if the musicians couldn't make up their mind whether they like to play Christian hymns, classical, blues, boogie or rock. Most of the tracks are instrumental which is a good thing since Sterling Smith's vocals aren't as impressing as his organ play dominating them. Every now and then there is a nice moog solo or some harpsichord. The music is mostly kept in an up-tempo pace with a solid rhythmic section provided by bass and drums with a couple of more quiet sections. On the occasion of first release of this record the band reunited in 1994 and recorded the bonus track "Eitel's Lament" fitting stylistically very well to the rest of the album. To sum up my review I would say that "Load Have Mercy" is a nice however quite dated record more in a proto-Prog vein which could be recommended if at all to fans of keyboard-driven instrumental Prog. Good enough for a solid 3-star rating!!

Send comments to hdfisch (BETA) | Report this review (#110727) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Post a review of THE LOAD "Load Have Mercy "