STRANGELANDS

Buy THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND Music
Studio Album, released in 1988

PART ONE: THE COUNTRY
1. Life Jacket (2:03)
2. Purple Airport Of Love (3:08)
3. All Over The Country (2:24)
4. The Lord Doesnt Want You (3:03)

PART TWO: THE CITY
5. The Sound Of The City (5:39)

PART THREE: THE COSMOS
6. All Forms And Distinctions (5:40)
7. Beyond The See (4:33)
8. Planets Of The Universe (6:18)
9. Twisted Wreckage (1:05)
10. Hold On Cosmos (6:49)

PART FOUR: THE AFTERLIFE
11. Endless Sleep (2:23)

Rustic Hinges: REPLICAS
On The Lawn For 3
12. a) Excitation Wavelength (3:32)
13. b) Litmus Transformation (2:05)
14. c) Opus Pocus (3:17)
15. d) Crystallized Petard (6:53)
16. e) Kinesis (2:37)
17. f) But That Was Then That Was But (4:39)
18. High Tide Play Rustic Hinge (4:06)
19. Macedonia (2:28)

- Dennis Taylor / bass
- Drachen Theaker / drums
- George Kahn / saxophone
- Jonah Mitchell / organ

LP/CD Reckless Records CDREC 2 (1988)

THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Fire! The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown , 1968

Buy THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND Strangelands Music

More places to buy THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND music online Buy THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND Strangelands ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(23%)

THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND Strangelands reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars This album is supposedly the second album of The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown (recorded in the late 60's or early 70's but not released befotre 88) and I can tell that indeed this album is crazy and even insane. So insane that this comes across as even wilder than anything Kingdom Come had done also.

So insane that even after a three week stint in my deck getting regular rotation , I cannot seem to even grasp the slightest hint of the eventual concept behind this album. It might have come with liner notes , but this is a Voiceprint release , so I suppose this might have been a bit too much to ask of them. This album is obscure , psychic , weird (but this IS Arthur Brown) and voluntary done so , but unfortunately this is impenetrable for me but also to the few buddies of mine that have heard this. The sound quality is apt , but no miracle is to be expected as this was never released at the time. I suppose that some progheads might appreciate this album butit is likely to please more the space rock fans.

I will give this album a third star on the benefit of the doubt and as a mark of respect for Arthur Brown , but also in the hope that I might one day see better what this album is about.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#54084) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 31, 2005

4 stars This album is just too crazy. I doubt the musicians were concious when recording this album. Although it lacks any concept, its first three pieces (Country, City and Cosmos) are all products of the same jam session. I'm sure I've never heard Drachen drumming so good and the organist is playing ... (read more)

Report this review (#864768) | Posted by gietek | Thursday, November 22, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE ARTHUR BROWN BAND "Strangelands"