THE QUEST

4. Leave Well Alone (8:08) :
- a. Across the Border
- b. Not for Nothing
- c. Wheels
5. The Western Edge (4:25)
6. Future Memories (5:10)
7. Music to My Ears (4:41)
8. A Living Island (6:51) :
- a. Brave the Storm
- b. Wake Up
- c. We Will Remember

CD 2 (13:44)
1. Sister Sleeping Soul (4:50)
2. Mystery Tour (3:35)

- limited edition 2CD & Blu-ray artbook
- gatefold 2LP & 2CD plus LP and booklet
- 2CD digipak
- Digital album

Thanks to projeKct for the addition
and to Prog Zone & NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy YES The Quest Music

More places to buy YES music online

YES The Quest ratings distribution

YES The Quest reviews

Review by rdtprog
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Heavy / RPI / Symphonic Prog Team
2 stars The band couldn't do worse than their previous album and having more time in the lockdown situation to work on their songs. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece of the 70's, but something better than "Heaven on Earth". The first track gives you a good idea of the whole album with a light sound in the style of "Fly From Here" and "Magnification" with a nice and short keys passage of Downes, but it's the guitar of Howe is the highlight of the song, but you feel that the song doesn't gain momentum. "Dare to Know" is more interesting with some classical arrangements with strings and a guitar work of Howe who take us back to "Relayer" "MInus the Man" is where things started to go down with uninspiring music that you could find in a Billy Sherwood album. "Leave well Alone" brings some nice multipart vocals where Howe again shows his versatility on the guitar, but Downes is still showing a low profile. The rest of the album is characterized by some light semi-ballad songs missing the big symphonic style of Yes in the 70's. The bass of Squire and the keys of Wakeman are missing as the songwriting, nothing that moves you only Steve Howe playing is bringing a little fun. This one will not require many spins on my cd player, it's going back on the shelf.

4 stars A surprisingly pleasing release from Yes that I waited before reviewing. I'm glad I did as this album takes a few listens to connect with, where the music makes sense, and I find myself enjoying it a good deal more than I did on first listen. A sign of good song writing. The opening song, 'T ... (read more)

Report this review (#2601832) | Posted by cirrusbay | Tuesday, October 12, 2021 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I'm always curious when something new is released by Yes - even if the previous album "Heaven And Earth" really didn't make a good impression on me. Yes now have landed on a record label that understands something about progressive rock and guitarist Steve Howe even produced the album himself th ... (read more)

Report this review (#2599478) | Posted by prog_traveller!! | Wednesday, October 6, 2021 | Review Permanlink

3 stars In general, the album contains too many soft and mellow songs. It probably suffer of a lack of vitality and some songs would have benefited of a faster tempo and more instrumental sections and/or longer solos. It is as if the band restrained themselves at some point. However, it is still a pleasur ... (read more)

Report this review (#2599387) | Posted by Gus82 | Tuesday, October 5, 2021 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Yes has always been one of my favorite groups. Tracks like Close to The Edge and And you and I are among my absolute favorites. You can just forget about those songs here on this album. This is pop music with some guitar, strings and synth. Nice and melodic. It flows away. Very disappointing is ... (read more)

Report this review (#2599310) | Posted by tjlefors | Tuesday, October 5, 2021 | Review Permanlink

4 stars "The Quest" is their first album of new material in seven years - and the first since the death, in 2015, of bassist Chris Squire, the only original member to appear on every Yes LP. The line-up is made up of guitarist Steve Howe, keyboardist Geoff Downes and drummer Alan White, flanked by ... (read more)

Report this review (#2599041) | Posted by Boris70 | Monday, October 4, 2021 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After the long wait and heightened anticipation for the release of Yes' newest studio release, The Quest, I find myself wanting to wait a bit longer for something much better. My hopes were pretty high after hearing the first two singles and opening tracks (The Ice Bridge and Dare to Know) prior ... (read more)

Report this review (#2598711) | Posted by Four Corners Guy | Sunday, October 3, 2021 | Review Permanlink

4 stars So, I was invited to listen to a promo copy of the new Yes album, and I should say that it is very good! Okay, it's not Keystudio or Drama, but it's not really that far from there, and in my opinion is the best album that Yes has composed in the past 25 years. Overall, I find it better than H&E, FFE ... (read more)

Report this review (#2591844) | Posted by Soul2Create | Friday, September 3, 2021 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Quest"

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.