IDENTIDADE

1. Vulcano (7:26)
2. Maximus (3:50)
Suite Angelus
3. Opus 1: Marina (6:23)
4. Opus 2: Eduardo (4:56)
5. Coraçoes Do Mundo: Intro (1:02)
6. Fogos De Santelmo (6:35)
7. Coraçoes Do Mundo (8:22)
i- Pulse!

- Otaviano Kury / Hammond organ, piano, synthesizers
- Ronaldo Schenato / bass
- Leonardo Reis / drums, percussion

CD Musea Records FGBG 4544.AR

INDEX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy INDEX Identidade Music

Black Light, TwilightBlack Light, Twilight
COP International 2011
Decca Record Album-For 7" 45rpm Records-LOT OF 6-EXCELLENT w/INDEX-HOLDS 15! US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
MISERY INDEX - RETALIATE [DIGIPAK] [MISERY INDEX] - NEW CD US $12.69 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Code Blue "True Story..." 1983 Index LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Wall Of Voodoo 1980 Index EP US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Alchemy An Index of.. David Sylvian Audio CD US $14.67 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Index - Alane - Rr Recordings - 2002 #75688 US $5.03 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Antique Dead Forest Index Vinyl LP US $24.73 Buy It Now 13h 53m
An Index of Failure Jasper TX Vinyl LP US $23.09 Buy It Now 13h 53m
Yeah Yeah Yeahs Wolfmother Magneta Jakalope Elefant Marble Index Canada Promo CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
Misery Index Live in Munich LP sealed Mint die cut jacket with download card US $21.99 Buy It Now 14h 6m
The Index Masters by Wall of Voodoo (CD, Nov-1991, Restless Records (USA)) US $29.99 Buy It Now 14h 24m
The Marble Index Watch Your Candles, Watch Your Knives US $4.00 Buy It Now 15h 42m
BOYSETSFIRE - THE MISERY INDEX: NOTES FROM THE PLAGUE YEARS - CD - CRACKED CASE US $5.66 Buy It Now 15h 57m
THRICE**V1 & V2 ALCHEMY INDEX: FIRE & WATER**2 CD SET US $6.50 Buy It Now 17h 12m
Marble Index Watch Your Candles Watch Knives Japan CD+2 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kylesa No Ending 110 Degree Heat Index Heavy Metal CD, Jun-2005, Prank Records US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Marble Index US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE *DECCA 7" RECORD HOLDER ALBUM*BLACK*15 PAGES,NO WRITING ON THE INDEX US $26.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE *DECCA 7" RECORD HOLDER ALBUM*CREAM COLORED 24 PAGES,NO WRITING ON INDEX US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Alchemy: An Index of Possibilites, Sylvian, David, Good Soundtrack, Original rec US $8.21 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - THE SNOW GOOSE WITH ORIGINAL INDEX +ORIGINAL INFO RARE!!! US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
(BM980) The Vegas Fame Index, Square Eyes - 2011 DJ CD US $2.61 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE *DECCA 7" RECORD HOLDER ALBUM,RED 24 PAGES,NO WRITING ON THE INDEX US $31.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sky Laced Silver, Index, Good US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mid/Air, Dive Index, Good US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split, Misery Index, Commit Suicide, Good US $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
The Lost Lennon Tapes - 218 Weeks Cue Sheets and Index US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Newest Youth Rebellion Index for Potential Suicide Vinyl LP US $12.29 Buy It Now 1 day
FROM THE MACHINE: Volume 1 LP INDEX RECORDS FILE0001 US 1990 W/ Insert NM US $20.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Thrice - Alchemy Index Vols 1-2 Fire An (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.90 Buy It Now 1 day
DJ Index - Creator / Everyman 12" US $12.19 Buy It Now 1 day
5 Replacement Index Cards - for 45rpm Record Carrying Case #1-50 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
10 Replacement Index Cards - for 45rpm Record Carrying Case #1-50 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Marble Index by Nico US $5.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Index - Sky Laced Silver (1990) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard clear vinyl Relapse misery index agoraphobic US $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Gary Panter: Italian Sunglass Movie b/w Tornader to the Tater, Index Rec.1981 US $9.99 [0 bids]
INDEX - Faith in Motion [AM] US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE MARBLE INDEX wycwyk 2006 Japan CD +2 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mid-Century 1950s Vintage DECCA 45rpm BLANK Record Storage Album, White w/Index US $24.00 [0 bids]
Frontier Index - Frontier Index (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Thrice - The Alchemy Index Vol. I And II (CD, 2007) 2 disc set LN and Complete! US $4.75 [0 bids]
Boy Sets Fire - Misery Index Notes From The Pl (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Marble Index-I Believe CD Single New US $5.08 Buy It Now 2 days
VINTAGE 45 RPM RECORD CASE/BOX -W/INDEX SLEEVES US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vintage 1950'S..60'S WOODEN RECORD CASE & UNUSED FILE INDEX US $19.99 [0 bids]
VINTAGE 45 RPM RECORD CARRYING CASE (NO INDEX CARDS) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Marble Index-I Believe CD Single Very Good US $5.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Voot Cha Index ?- The Talking House / Cradle 7'' Vinyl Limited #218 of 400 US $0.25 [0 bids]
Voot Cha Index ?- The Talking House / Cradle 7'' Vinyl Limited #220 of 400 US $0.25 [0 bids]
Carta Index of Birds CD US $3.35 Buy It Now 2 days
Index For Potential Suicide - Newest Youth Rebellion [Vinyl New] US $15.28 Buy It Now 2 days
KING KONG DING DONG - Youth Culture Index LP Sealed Vinyl US $11.98 Buy It Now 2 days
"A MAJOR INDEX '69' LABEL MAJOR ARCANA" lp album, CRAZY,COOL,PYSCHE, EXC. COND.! US $194.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Marble Index by Nico (CD, Mar-1991, Elektra (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Nico- Marble Index Lp vinyl record. Psych RARE! John Cale US $39.99 [0 bids]
1950's Platter - Pak 45-RPM Record Case Holds 30 Records Index Cards Included US $9.98 [0 bids]
Index 03 Various Artists CD US $5.63 Buy It Now 2 days
2 KOOL THIS IS 2 KOOL various LP 14 track double featuring 9 lazy 9,index,d US $8.39 Buy It Now 3 days
2 KOOL THIS IS 2 KOOL various LP 14 track double featuring 9 lazy 9,index,deep f US $8.39 Buy It Now 3 days
2 CD Lot BOY SETS FIRE - Misery Index... & The Day Sun... - rock metal emo US $2.25 Buy It Now 3 days
The Marble Index by Marble Index (CD, Sep-2005, Teic... US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MISERY INDEX Power Of 3 45 7" 1994 Cactus Prick Records Dead Steel Mill punk US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Misery Index: Notes from the Plague Years by Boy... US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Misery Index: Notes from the Plague Years by BoySetsFire. With DVD, EVR US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Index Case CD US $10.32 Buy It Now 3 days
An Index of Birds [Digipak] * by Carta (CD, Feb-2010... US $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Lot Vintage Realistic 8 track Cartridge Index Labels Content Tags US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Alchemy: An Index of Possibilites, Sylvian, David, New Soundtrack, Original reco US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THRICE 8 CD LOT COLLECTION ALBUMS Index I&II/III&IV/Beggars/Red Sky/Identity+ US $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE MARBLE INDEX - I BELIEVE CD 4trk excel cond US $1.88 Buy It Now 3 days
GUZZARD alienation index survey LP 10 track (arr76019) us amphetamine reptile 19 US $17.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Alchemy Index Vols Iii & Iv:air & Ear - Thrice New & Sealed CD US $19.16 Buy It Now 3 days
ENVIOUS RECORDS DJ INDEX HOMEBOYZ DA BASS Vinyl 12'' US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
I Believe, The Marble Index, New Single US $6.39 Buy It Now 4 days
CARTA - INDEX OF BIRDS NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW ~ The Misery Index: Notes from the Plague Years by Boy Sets Fire ~ MUSIC CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Thrice - Alchemy Index, Vols. 1-2 (Fire & Water, 2007) FAST POST CD US $7.50 Buy It Now 4 days
MISERY INDEX THE POWER OF 3 7" CHICAGO PUNK '94 NEW US $8.74 Buy It Now 4 days
CD-The Index-Black Album + Red Album + Yesterday & Today 60's garage psych US $19.99 [0 bids]
INDEX FOR POTENTIAL SUICIDE The Newest Youth Rebellion LP Locust MITB Red Scare US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Vintage Decca 45 record Album holder-15 sleeves & 13 45 records-spine index US $24.95 [0 bids]
BOYSETSFIRE - THE MISERY INDEX: NOTES FROM THE PLAGUE YEARS - CD, 2006 US $5.66 Buy It Now 4 days
The Misery Index: Notes From The Plague Years, Boy Sets Fire, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Greater Than One 12" vinyl record Index sealed new Wax Trax 4 tracks Industrial US $3.99 [0 bids]
TERRORIZER - Darker Days Ahead (CD 2006) Napalm Death Misery Index Century Media US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Carta - Index Of Birds [CD New] US $16.06 Buy It Now 4 days
CARTA - AN INDEX OF BIRDS [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.02 Buy It Now 4 days
Misery Index - Heirs to Thievery - New CD - Free Postage US $9.34 Buy It Now 4 days
MISERY INDEX "Overthrow" ORG Fadeless 2003 Release (Netherlands) US $7.75 [0 bids]
Discordia by Misery Index (CD, May-2006, Relapse Records (USA)) US $6.75 [0 bids]
30 CD WHOLESALE LOT, BOY SETS FIRE, MISERY INDEX 30 UNITS ALL OF THE SAME US $0.65 [4 bids]
Din30 Index03 CD NEW US $9.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Dive Index - The Surface We Divide CD (2010) US $5.49 [0 bids]
Marble Index - Watch Your Candles Watch Your Knives CD US $5.49 [0 bids]
Misery Index Traitors Death Metal Heavy Relapse Records US $2.99 [0 bids]
(BG978) Index Case, Listen / Deserver - 2005 DJ CD US $4.62 Buy It Now 5 days
The Misery Index: Notes from the Plague Years by Boy Sets Fire (CD, Mar-2006,... US $0.01 [0 bids]
CD David Sylvian Alchemy An Index of Possibilities Hassell Sakamoto Fripp Czukay US $5.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy INDEX music online Buy INDEX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for INDEX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

INDEX Identidade ratings distribution

INDEX Identidade reviews

Review by evenless
4 stars Having a Brazilian wife and being a progressive rock lover to the bone I just had to try some Brazilian prog-rock bands. Not knowing where to start I just began surfing the web and ended up at www.rockprogressivo.com.br and www.rocksymphony.com.br

After reading some reviews on those sites and of course on www.progarchives.com I decided to kick of with Aether (also known as the Brazilian Camel) and Index. Wow! What a way to start! I liked Aether better at the beginning probably because it sounded more familiar, (I almost have all Camel albums) but later on my preference switched to Index! Progressive rock is probably one of the smaller musical genres represented in Brazil, but the Brazilian progressive bands are musically just as great as any North American or British prog-rock band, so lets get out there and give some of those great Brazilian musicians a chance!

Index first self titled album was merely an instrumental piece. Their second album, Liber Secundus, contains vocals as well. Probably the vocals could be better, but the Portuguese language sounds magnificent and perfectly matches the music. On "Identidade", Index' third album they would return to their instrumental basis again which I personally find somewhat a petty. Even though the vocals could be better Liber Secundus is my favorite Index album, but "Identidade" is still pretty good. A bit more "jazzy" and a bit less "symphonic" though.

If you are not familiar with any Brazilian progressive music yet AETHER, INDEX, TARKUS, SOLIS and TEMPUS FUGIT are probably the best bands to start with!

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#90248) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Review by Atkingani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars INDEX are a fair and honest representative of the newest generation of Brazilian prog-rock bands; they head a long line of dozens (maybe hundreds) of progressive acts that lurk in the shadows just waiting an opportunity to be heard and enjoyed. The present panorama is indeed edifying here in Terra Brasilis and may good winds blow to reinvigorate their efforts.

INDEX surely have surpassed the puberty years and are reaching now the maturity, which can be disclosed through their 3rd album, a 2004 all-instrumental release that goes by the name of "Identidade" - very appropriate title considering they reached their identity. Truly, INDEX sound is very characteristic but like all those new acts mentioned before, especially if trailing the symphonic spectrum, they set the roots in the classical bands of the 70s, this time increased by neat Brazilian influences (prog or not) and tinted with some of the most vibrant recent colors. INDEX also leave the realm of pure symphonic prog for adventuring into different fields, like jazz or folk or erudite, making their work to lean toward the eclectic proposition.

This album, "Identidade", is plain and direct, songs keep a certain resemblance making this release homogeneous and consequently amusing, even not being unforgettable. Band members are really skilled cats and one may hear fascinating, almost glorious flute and synth tunes, joined by noticeable guitar, bass, drums and piano chords. The two suites: 'Angelus' and 'Corações do mundo' that dominate the album's core are the highest peaks here, while the two opening tracks, 'Volcano' and 'Maximus' are simply enjoyable and agreeable. Unfortunately, the last track, 'Index II', lacks certain cohesion, losing its sense due to the excessive use of commonplaces and clichés that spoil the song and ¼ of the album - anyway, skipping this part, the listener is surely supplied with a work fairly above the average.

A good work, nice to be heard, very audible, but still non-essential. I'm quite sure that INDEX will gift us soon with a memorable production - they have sharpened their blades with the first 3 albums (including this one) that the obvious reward will be achieved.

Send comments to Atkingani (BETA) | Report this review (#164716) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 23, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars This Brazilian band already produced a very good debut album ("Liber Secundus") and this one starts wonderfully with a superb, dynamic, tribal, emotional, guitar and percussion- oriented (hi Carlos!) piece of music. "Vulcano" deserves its title: it is a boiling song. Gorgeous by all means!

Unlike what has been written in their bio, I can't find a trace of ELP in here. Anyway, the music is rich, complex and superbly interpreted. What a pleasure to listen to such an album! An all instrumental and gentle piece of pure symphony with a jazzy angle though. The musicianship is of very high quality and it is a shame that these guys are not better known. Especially on a site like ours!

Just have a listen to the sublime first part of "Suite Angelus". Close your eyes and appreciate: this is really the only thing to do while listening to this great and melodic track. Should I say another highlight? Yes of course!

And if the second leg is maybe a bit shy, it is still a very fine moment of superb symphonic rock displaying a great guitar work. It is another real good track.

The "Santana" feel is again very present during "Fogos de Santelmo": a superb blend of crying guitar, good percussion and jazzy atmosphere (maybe too jazzy though to my taste). The same applies to "Coracoes Do Mundo" with an even jazzier accent.

The great feel comes back again with the fantastic closing number: "Index II" is such a fine piece of symphonic prog!

Heavenly guitar, sustained bass and great drumming work. A true delight for sure. Is it necessary that emotion sits at every corner of this epic? That symphonic lover will reach a musical orgasm during the closing part? That you should listen to this great album?

Four stars. It holds some superb musical moments that would deserve to be shared by more PA reviewers.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307616) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 30, 2010

Review by Tarcisio Moura
5 stars I must say that I was not exactly excited when I got this CD from a friend. I heard it was a band from the guitarrist of brazilian synphonic prog group Quartema Requiem, so I was thinking that it could be either a poor copy of that band or an ego trip. When I finally put it to play I was delighted to find out it was neither. In the end Identidade comes across as one of the best instrumental prog albums I heard in recent years. Jones Junior (guitars and flute) shows great skill and good taste all over the CD and the three band members are also great musicians.

The music here is a guitar-led symphonic prog with lots of classical, jazz and latin influences. Vintage sounding keyboards give a 70´s flavour on all the tracks. Some parts remind a lot of Focus best moments (Opus 1- Marina is a good example). Although the excellent musicanship of all involved is clear, they never get lost in pointless jams or noodling, not even when they risk it into the muddy waters of Zappa-like jazzy parts (Fogo de Santelmo). It is music with discernible melodies and tight arrangements. Excellent drumming, great bass runs and swapping keys and guitar solos are the main course (some brilliant flute moments too, by the way).

Production is excellent. There are no fillers and all the songs are on the same level. Not much more to say. You hear it, you judge. For my part, I just keep pressing the repeat button over and over when I hear this CD. I don´t know about other index albums, and I´m gonna get them sooner or later, but I was hooked by this one.

Rating: I was going to give it a 4 or 4,5 star rating because some jazz-rock/fusion parts are not really my cup of tea. However, even those parts are so well done and tasteful that I ended up loving them too. Hence, five stars. A masterpiece of prog music, no less. Highly recommended! But be warned! Highly addictive too.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#356702) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 18, 2010

5 stars Here's why I gave this five star: this is the best CD I've heard this year. This is really great and I´m pleasantly surprised. Much better than their latest release Lieber Secundus although that's also good. Impecable and inspired and probably the best brazilian CD since Bacamarte Depois do Fi ... (read more)

Report this review (#56749) | Posted by | Thursday, November 17, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of INDEX "Identidade"