I'M AROUND ABOUT MIDNIGHT

Krautrock

Lard Free I'm Around About Midnight album cover

Buy LARD FREE Music
Studio Album, released in 1975

1. Violez l'espace de son réfrigérant (4:37)
2. In a Desert - Alambic (5:28)
3. Does East Bakestan Belong to Itself (7:45)
4. Tatkooz a roulette (8:00)
5. Pale Violence Under a Réverbère (4:15)
6. Even Silence Comes When Trains Come (4:10)
7. Prologue improbable (?:??)
8. Glauquerie (?:??)

Search LARD FREE I'm Around About Midnight lyrics

Search LARD FREE I'm Around About Midnight tabs

- Gilbert Artman / piano, drums, saxophone
- Richard Pinhas / guitar, synthesizers
- Alain Audat & Antoine Duvernot / saxophone

LP Vamp 59502 (1975)

LARD FREE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LARD FREE I'm Around About Midnight Music

Imports 2010
Vinyl$45.19
Lard FreeLard Free
Audio CD$19.24 (used)
Lard Free - I'm Around About Midnight - Wah Wah Records Supersonic Sounds - LPS088Lard Free - I'm Around About Midnight - Wah Wah Records Supersonic Sounds - LPS088
Wah Wah Records Supersonic Sounds
Vinyl$38.72
LARD FREE - I'M AROUND ABOUT MIDNIGHT 1975 FRENCH EXPERIMENTAL ELECTRONIC LP RE US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
LARD FREE - III (1977) FRENCH EXPERIMENTAL ELECTRONIC ROCK AVANT LP RE Wah-Wah US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
LARD FREE - UNNAMED (LOST ALBUM) 1977 FRENCH ELECTRONIC JAZZ AVANT LP + 7" singl US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Lard Free/Gilbert Altman - CD (1975) - I'm Around at About Midnight US $8.04 [5 bids]
LARD FREE - I'M AROUND ABOUT MIDNIGHT -MINI LP CD + OBI US $28.69 Buy It Now 2 days
GILBERT ARTMAN'S LARD FREE / I'm Around About Midnight US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GILBERT ARTMAN'S LARD FREE / same -Unopened ! US $18.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LARD FREE: Unnamed LP (Spain, reisue w/ bonus seven inch single) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Lard Free - Gilbert Artman's Lard Free CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Lard Free - I'm Around About Midnight CD OBI US $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Lard Free - Unnamed (Mini Lp Sleeve) [CD New] US $50.76 Buy It Now 10 days
LARD FREE - UNNAMED (IMPORT) NEW CD US $53.15 Buy It Now 10 days
LARD FREE: 3 LP (Spain, reissue) Rock & Pop US $30.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DELIRED CAMELEON FAMILY / FRENCH PROG LP CLEARLIGHT GONG LARD FREE EMI LABEL US $30.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Lard Free / I'm Around About Midnight JAPAN MINI LP CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 16 days
LARD FREE - UNNAMED - MINI LP CD + OBI US $25.96 Buy It Now 16 days
Lard Free - I'm Around About Midnight CD OBI US $14.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Lard Free - Gilbert Artman's Lard Free CD OBI USA SELLER!!! US $14.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Lard Free/Gilbert Altman - CD (1975) - I'm Around at About Midnight US $12.85 Buy It Now 22 days
LARD FREE GILBERT ARTMAN S/T 1994 JAPAN CD 2200yen 1ST US $35.99 Buy It Now 25 days
LARD FREE / Deluxe 4CD Box-set - LTD!! Unopened ! Rare! US $95.00 Buy It Now 27 days
LARD FREE I'm Around About Midnight CD Ltd MLP NEW OBI US $26.99 Buy It Now 27 days
ROBERT WOOD Sonabular LP RARE FRENCH EDICI 1973 MINT * AVANT GARDE * LARD FREE * US $40.00 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy LARD FREE music online Buy LARD FREE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LARD FREE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LARD FREE I'm Around About Midnight ratings distribution

LARD FREE I'm Around About Midnight reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
4 stars Lard Free's second album is very different of the debut and really adventurous mood! With this sophomore album, the feel is definitely towards German influences although the Fripp/Eno ones are still very present.

One cannot help to think of minimalism German master Faust when listening to the Alambic track with their repetitive synths and Tangerine Dream phasers in the background leading you with no definite boundary into the Bakestan track where an Oldfield-like piano and flute take over. Still with no clear track ending we are now lead by a sonar noise (much like Floyd in Echoes) into Taktooz and haunting ambiances lead you in Pale Violence with its booming bass. the CD finishes off with an eastren-sounding piano-led track.

Again with Spalax label record , there seems to be confusion around as the last two tracks mentioned (Glauquerie and Prologue Improbable) above are absent one the copy I own! But I suspect here that the Archives are wrong on this one! I think those tracks might be from a Heldon album!

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#34732) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, May 04, 2005

4 stars I couldn't get over how much this record reminded me of HELDON. Of course having Richard Pinhas playing guitar, bass and synths is going to add that flavour. This is Gilbert Artman's baby though, and he plays drums, percussion, vibes, Steinway piano, Hammond organ and sax. There are two other guests playing sax, flute and synths.This has to be the only French Krautrock band that has ever existed.

"Violez L'Espace De Son Refrigerant" opens with what sounds like the wind blowing, but it's cosmic winds that we hear as a humming sound pulsates. "In A Deset-Alambic" has a good, trippy beat to it as Pinhas plays his famous angular melodies over top. Spacey sounds arrive before 5 minutes. "Does East Bakestan Belong To Itself" opens with synths and vibes. Guitar comes in at 2 minutes. "Tatkooz A Roulette" is a very minimilist tune with lots of electronics. Percussion 6 minutes in as the sound swirls. "Pale Violence Under A Reverbere" is my favourite. It opens with heavy drums and bass. Strange mechanical sounds and angular guitar. "Even Silence Stops When Trains Come" features piano melodies throughout.

Pinhas' guitar work doesn't disappoint and neither does this album. Amazing music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#155185) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Post a review of LARD FREE "I'm Around About Midnight"