BEAUBOURG

Vangelis Beaubourg album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy VANGELIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Beaubourg part I (17:50)
2. Beaubourg part II (20:43)

Search VANGELIS Beaubourg lyrics

Search VANGELIS Beaubourg tabs

- Vangelis / all instruments

LP RCA KYL1-0455 (Canada) 1982 / CD Windham Hill 01934-11235-2 (USA) 1997
LP RCA PL 25155 (UK) 1978

and to bjarler for the last updates

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Beaubourg Music

Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (180g Translucent Red Vinyl)Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (180g Translucent Red Vinyl)
Audio Fidelity 2013
Vinyl$22.25
L'Apocalypse Des Animaux (1972 TV Documentary)L'Apocalypse Des Animaux (1972 TV Documentary)
Soundtrack
Universal Motown Records Group 1987
CollectionCollection
Warner Bros UK 2012
Chariots of Fire Original soundtrack Vangelis Polydor PD 1-6355 US $3.00 [0 bids]
49m 37s
Super Rare Vangelis Import Single CD Twenty Eighth Parallel 1942 Import CD Singl US $5.99 [0 bids]
56m 43s
Jon and Vangelis - Short Stories - Original Audio Cassette US $6.37 Buy It Now 1h 32m
JON & VANGELIS THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO 1981 POLYDOR VINYL LP * NEAR MINT VINYL US $16.05 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Vangelis - Opera Sauvage (CD, Polydor) WEST GERMAN Polydor Pressing US $4.95 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis - Friends of Mr. Cairo (CD, original Polydor, French Import) US $2.95 [0 bids]
VANGELIS the city LP GERMAN PRESS US $27.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - Chariots Of Fire - Excellent Con 7" Single US $6.44 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Vangelis - Odyssey: Best Of [CD New] US $31.17 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Blade Runner: A 30th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION - Soundtrack CD by Vangelis *SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
AMBIENT ELECTRONICA/ Vangelis - Soil Festivities (LP) US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Alexander [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] by Vangelis ANGELINA JOLIE US $4.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS / ALBEDO 0.39 1977 JAPAN LP w/ OBI US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
VANGELIS - THE BEST OF VANGELIS - RCA VINYL US $1.60 [0 bids]
Blade Runner Synthesizer Soundtracks - Silva Treasury - Vangelis Tangerine Dream US $16.12 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Socrates with Vangelis O. Papathanassiou Phos (CD 1993) US $4.00 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON and VANGELIS DUTCH 1979 7" Single I HEAR YOU NOW US $4.82 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Vangelis : Themes CD (2000) US $3.75 Buy It Now 3h
JON AND VANGELIS - SHORT STORIES - CASSETTE TAPE US $1.60 [0 bids]
The Demis Roussos Magic 1977 UK Vinyl Record EXCELLENT CONDITION Vangelis US $24.18 Buy It Now 3h 14m
PORTRAITS:SO LONG AGO SO CLEAR BY VANGELIS (CD) US $15.81 Buy It Now 3h 17m
VANGELIS The City LP 1990 EX US $14.90 [0 bids]
Vangelis : City CD (1991) US $4.34 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Vangelis Chariots of Fire - Original UK Film Premiere Pressing LP Nr Mint Vinyl US $14.50 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Lot of 3 Vangelis Records!!! 3 Records by Vangelis!!! (EX, VG+, NM) SEE DETAILS! US $27.50 Buy It Now 3h 46m
VANGELIS - Blade Runner (Warner Bros. #9 23748-2) - NEW AMERICAN ORCHESTRA US $4.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS CONQUEST OF PARADISE CD PLATINUM DISC FREE PP US $161.31 Buy It Now 3h 59m
JON AND VANGELIS PAGE CD GOLD DISC RECORD LP FREE P&P! US $145.18 Buy It Now 3h 59m
VANGELIS PORTRAITS CD GOLD DISC RECORD FREE P&P! US $145.18 Buy It Now 4h 8m
VANGELIS To The Unknown Man LP / Excellent vinyl + shrink / Best Of Collection US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
PURE MOODS I 94 CD: ENIGMA VANGELIS MIKE OLDFIELD JEAN MICHEL JARRE DEEP FOREST US $2.00 [3 bids]
VANGELIS: Heaven And Hell LP (Japan, w/ insert, v. sl cw, disc like new!) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 5h 8m
12" LP- Vangelis ?- Chariots Of Fire (music from the original soundtrack) US $6.45 [0 bids]
LP - 1492 : CONQUEST OF PARADISE - VANGELIS - 1992 - BRAZIL ED. US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Best of Jon & Vangelis by Jon & Vangelis (Cassette, Aug-1984, Polydor) US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Private Collection, Jon & Vangelis, Good Import US $2.18 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Vangelis Antactica The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack US $10.20 Buy It Now 5h 48m
VANGELIS - THE CITY [VANGELIS] [090317302621] - NEW CD US $10.98 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Themes - Vangelis New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $13.21 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Jon & Vangelis - Private Collection (CD) Original Polydor Issue - Fast Postage US $11.28 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Vangelis - Heaven and Hell - LP - VG+ US $1.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - ODYSSEY: BEST OF (IMPORT) NEW CD US $37.67 Buy It Now 7h 22m
VANGELIS "ALBEDO 0.39" MINI LP CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Vangelis "The City" CD (Atlantic 1991 USA) US $10.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of Vangelis 0743219397720, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $12.66 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Vangelis - Antarctica - Vinyl Record Import 2013 New US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m
VANGELIS-BLADE RUNNER Motion Picture Soundtrack 180g COLORED VINYL LP US $49.95 Buy It Now 8h 58m
VANGELIS 1986 POLYGRAM POLYDOR RARE LOOK MADE IN GREECE 829413-4 USED SEE PHOTOS US $4.99 [0 bids]
1492: Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis (CD, Jul-2000, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - ANTARTICA - NEW AGE/ELECTRONIC - JAPANESE PRESSING W/OBI - NM VINYL US $4.99 [0 bids]
The City by Vangelis (CD, May-1991, Atlantic) US $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Vangelis "IHeaven and Hell" 1975 record alblum US $4.50 [0 bids]
VANGELIS mint vinyl lp HEAVEN AND HELL US $6.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis, -"la fete sauvage", Oringinal Soundtrack (IMPORT) US $4.09 [0 bids]
Vangelis, "Opera Sauvage", Original Music (IMPORT) US $4.09 [0 bids]
Mythodea: Music for the NASA Mission -- 2001 Mars Odyssey by Vangelis (CD,... US $5.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Chariots of Fire Titles 45 NM 1981 PD-2189 US $7.95 Buy It Now 10h 10m
JON & VANGELIS - "The Friends Of Mr. Cairo" LP 1981 1st US PROMO w/INNER - (YES) US $21.88 Buy It Now 10h 35m
VANGELIS Heaven And Hell '75 LP RARE ORIGINAL US press US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis Beaubourg Japan Mini LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - The Play (2012) CD OBI TAIWAN US $22.98 Buy It Now 12h
Aphrodite's child- end of the world (Vangelis,Demis Roussos ) US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 3m
Aphrodite's child- it's five o'çlock (Vinyl, Lp) (Vangelis) US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 10m
SEALED LP Music From The Original Soundtrack by Vangelis CHARIOTS OF FIRE US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Chariots of Fire Vangelis Soundtrack CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 13h 5m
Chariots Of Fire Original Soundtrack by Vangelis LP VG+ Great Music Progressive US $2.99 [0 bids]
Chariots Of Fire Vangelis and Other Musical Scores 2001 12" LP Audio Award VG++ US $2.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS PAGE OF LIFE CASSETTE US $6.45 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Vangelis Themes 1989 Japan CD 1st Press POOP-20275 Hard to Find Very Rare US $9.80 Buy It Now 17h 8m
Vangelis - Cosmos CD US $24.56 Buy It Now 17h 15m
Vangelis / Chariots Of Fire - The Play CD NEW SEALED US $18.99 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Reprise 1990-1999-Vangelis-Bladerunner-Conquest of Paradise-Oceanic-New US $17.61 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis(Vinyl LP)The Friends Of Mr Cairo-UK-POLD 5039-Polydor-Ex/VG US $10.47 Buy It Now 17h 47m
VANGELIS - CHARIOTS OF FIRE - ERIC'S THEME 7 " SINGLE US $1.60 [0 bids]
Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Soundtrack - RARE Israel Israeli Press LP US $13.67 Buy It Now 18h 53m
1975 synth prog LP-vangelis- can you hear the dogs barking-greek bellaphon-mint US $49.99 Buy It Now 19h
VANGELIS - ODYSSEY: THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION [VANGELIS] [602498119105] - NEW CD US $28.19 Buy It Now 19h
Vangelis - Heaven And Hell - Limited Edition (NEW VINYL LP) US $33.86 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Jon And Vangelis - Page Of Life CD US $14.08 Buy It Now 19h 19m
JON AND VANGELIS / THE BEST OF 1984 POLYDOR POLYGRAM AUSTRALIA US $7.05 Buy It Now 19h 21m
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire 24HR POST!! US $8.05 Buy It Now 19h 24m
Jon & Vangelis - The Friends Of Mr. Cairo Israeli HEBREW SLEEVE Israel LP LISTEN US $9.74 Buy It Now 19h 47m
JON AND VANGELIS - I HEAR YOU NOW - 7 inch single US $1.61 [0 bids]
JON AND & VANGELIS THE VERY BEST OF CD GREATEST HITS / JON ANDERSON / YES / NEW US $5.57 Buy It Now 20h 20m
Vangelis - Heaven and Hell.cd as new US $9.68 Buy It Now 20h 33m
VANGELIS ALBEDO 0.39 JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 41m
Pure Moods Ultimate 16 Originals CD 05 Vangelis Hedges Kottke Tesh New Age LNew US $8.37 Buy It Now 20h 44m
Jon and Vangelis Private Collection Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Chariots of Fire USA West Germany Silverface CD 1984 Polydor NearMint US $23.97 Buy It Now 21h 23m
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire (Original Soundtrack, 1984) 2809 US $7.24 Buy It Now 21h 27m
NEW - Chronicles by Jon & Vangelis US $3.10 Buy It Now 21h 51m
VANGELIS~DIRECT [German Issue] 1988 US $4.84 [0 bids]
VANGELIS THE BEST OF VANGELIS 1978 CANADA PRESSED VINYL LP* NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $16.05 Buy It Now 22h 8m
PL 70009: VANGELIS: HEAVEN & HELL: '81 LP: EXE US $12.89 Buy It Now 22h 25m
VANGELIS "Opera Salivage" Cassette Tape Used New Age US $5.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS ODYSSEY-DEFINITIVE COLLECTION-JAPAN SHM-CD E50 US $23.50 Buy It Now 22h 46m
JON AND VANGELIS 'I'LL FIND MY WAY HOME JV1 7" VINYL RECORD EX 29 US $3.21 Buy It Now 22h 53m
VANGELIS Soil Festivities ORIGINAL LP Polydor Records NEAR MINT US $8.99 Buy It Now 22h 54m
Vangelis - Albedo 0.39 UK GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $14.50 Buy It Now 23h 17m

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Beaubourg ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(15%)

VANGELIS Beaubourg reviews

Review by richardh
2 stars If you are being kind you would say this is seriously avante garde cutting edge music.If not you would say that Vangelis had a spare lunchtime when he was bored and so decided to knock this thing up to pass the time.An epic of noodling proportions that goes nowhere,starts nowhere and doesn't really go anywhere in the middle.Very strange but very alluring and atmospheric.You make your own mind up.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#34844) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Review by Proghead
3 stars This is perhaps VANGELIS' most radically different of all his albums. Instead of sweet, symphonic electronic music, he goes totally experimental, having more to do with Stockhausen and the likes, than anything you might hear on "Heaven & Hell", "Albedo 0.39" or "Spiral". While on other albums he depended heavily on a wide arrangements of keyboards, on this album, he used exclusively a Yamaha CS-80 synthesizer, a polyphonic synth that was new to VANGELIS' keyboard setup at that time. Is it coincidence or what, but it seems like many artists recording for RCA get angry at the label, then record that one album that basically give the company "the finger". Lou Reed did it for "Metal Machine Music", which he used as a convenient excuse to get off RCA and on to Arista, and VANGELIS gave us "Beaubourg" to get off RCA and on to Polydor (a label he was briefly on back in 1973 for "L'Apocalypse des Animaux"). And like "Metal Machine Music", "Beaubourg" is that one album people will question your sanity for listening to it, or it's that perfect album to clear parties. So if you're expecting nothing but pretty symphonic electronic music, I suggest you stay far away, if you want just an album of random noise, this is for you.

Send comments to Proghead (BETA) | Report this review (#34848) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Bore-bourg

"Beaubourg" must surely rate as Vangelis' least accessible work. The music here is best described as avant garde, having much more in common with the likes of ENO, than the Jean Michel Jarre similarities of the bulk of his work.

Released in 1978, this album came as something of a shock to those expecting to hear "Spiral, part 2". There are just 2 tracks here, there could well have been one but for the break demanded by the limitations of vinyl. There is no music in the compositional sense, this is an album of noises and sounds. It is highly experimental, and no doubt some will find pleasure in the rambling noodling of the keyboards virtuoso. For me though, I am afraid I can find nothing of merit here whatsoever. To put it bluntly, the whole album is complete drivel. When one bears in mind the wonderful music Vangelis had committed to album by this point, "Beauborg" stands as nothing more than a huge kick in the teeth for those who supported him.

This was Vangelis last album for RCA. In a classic case of did he fall or was he pushed, I have no idea whether he was dropped by the label because of the album, or whether this is a contractual obligation album which effectively puts two fingers up to his erstwhile paymasters. One thing is for sure, when the label heard what he had come up with, they must have felt mightily relieved that he was going elsewhere.

I am afraid that for me there is not one redeeming feature about this album. If Vangelis was making a point at all, it is that you can record virtually anything, and someone will think it is the best thing you have ever done. My advice, steer well clear.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#124609) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2007

Review by silvertree
1 stars This is what most people would call an experimental or avant-garde album. It really sounds as if Vangelis decided to have fun poking on a keyboard or having fun with his latest toy synthesizer. It really could be worse : maybe he was fed up with his record company and threw this album out just to satisfy a record deal. So, this is probably a bored Vangelis messing around with sounds. Just listen to other albums like Spiral or Albedo and you'll be shocked by the difference. I tried really hard to listen to this album, setting the volume higher but it never worked for me. This album is really for completionists and is to be avoided by all means for beginners if you don't want to be put off. His next album was a return to a more melodic album.

Send comments to silvertree (BETA) | Report this review (#247977) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Hearing this "music" makes me wish there was a zero star rating!

With all my respect to those who like this peculiar release by Vangelis, I must admit that I'm having a hard time even taking this seriously as a piece of music, progressive or otherwise. For the first time I have now been sitting trough the whole album in order to produce this review and I can honestly tell you that this is something I will never do again. And I would advise anyone against it! Before I start I should say that I really hope that no one finds my views offensive. That is certainly not my intention, anyway. Also, I should say that I have respect for Vangelis and I do enjoy some of his other works.

I will try to be as respectful as I can regarding this album and start by saying that it is radically different from Vangelis earlier (and later) works. I have not heard all of his albums, (indeed, far from it), but to my knowledge he never did anything like this before or since. The sounds all come from synthesisers, which is not so unusual given the artist involved. But there appear to be no rhythms and also no melodies; indeed no kind of structure whatsoever! The sounds appear to be almost totally random. Some cheesy Pop music can make me cringe, but at least I understand the artist's musical purpose behind it. Not so with Beaubourg. I therefore hesitate to even call this music at all, as opposed to mere sound experiments. And needless to say, this is highly experimental stuff.

It does appear as if Vangelis improvised the entire thing with no attempt whatsoever to actually compose anything; just trying out different electronic sounds, some of which are quite painful to the ears! If you have detected a hidden structure and revealed the underlying beauty of Beaubourg I must say lucky for you. Enjoy! But to the rest, I must issue a strong warning: this is the most pointless synthesiser meanderings I have ever encountered and it is also one of the worst overall audio-experiences that I have ever had. Well, coming from a CD, anyway. As opposed to a piece of chalk on a blackboard, for example!

Rating this with one star actually feels like an insult to most of the other albums that I have given that rating. This makes me wish there had been a zero star rating!

Avoid, by all means!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#257228) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Lots of reviewers have rated this album with the minimum rating and the least that I can say is that I fully share their opinions.

While Vangelis played on very electronic prog during his last five albums, this one is of a complete different texture. I can't differ too much from the global opinion and just tell you that indeed this album is pure exploration and experimentation. Not for the best, I am afraid.

During some short moments, the music is bearable: but these are quite few to tell the truth; maybe some three minutes out of the total duration of Part I (especially the closing section). I don't know what the motivation of the artist was while he was recording this album; but the result is rather poor and noisy. In one word: annoying.

During some of his previous work, one could have experimented two different facets of music and one could hope that after the poor "Part I", something nice would be presented. But this was in vain. Nothing as such is taking place.

This is an abstruse and hermetic work. Some might like it, but I can't. One little star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305016) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars An experimental album inspired to the omonimous French museum of modern art which has also a section for music and acoustic researches. Maybe Vangelis was looking to be added to the exposition and the result is this very experimental album.

There's no structure, no harmony, no music. It reminds to the soundtrack of "The Forbiden Planet" that's effectively the first example of "electronic music" in the history.

Other than experimental, is it good, too? Not really. I'm quite used to unstructured music, and I don't dislike a long electronic track, but this is an excursion into a realm that's too far from the prog's world. The only other album on which he performs similarily is "Invisible Connections", but that one was intended as classic contemporary and was released by Deutsche Grammophone.

Not that this is much different, to be honest.

About 40 minutes of disconnected sounds with few harmonic parts that last too few to be appreciated. all immersed in a sea of "nothingness".

A fans only album (1.5 stars really).

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#365281) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 27, 2010

2 stars Unlike any of the highly melodic and universally appealing recordings surrounding this album in his discography, Vangelis' Beauborg is a very dark and apparantly loosely structured work of art that sounds like an experiment, but is definintely a work of art. It's correctly labeled as experime ... (read more)

Report this review (#603117) | Posted by 7headedchicken | Wednesday, January 04, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars What do you get when you abandon all the conventions of music? When you toss aside rhythm, melody, and harmony? You get Beauborg, Vangelis' most unpleasant album. That may sound like a contradiction in terms, but it's the truth. Here, our eclectic master revisits some of the ideologies of ... (read more)

Report this review (#288118) | Posted by Progosopher | Thursday, June 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Pierre Henry, Pierre Schaeffer, Yannis Xenakis... Some of the great composers of "Musique Concrète"... Well, Vangelis is getting very close to it on this album... No simple melodies like "To the unknown man" from "Spiral" here! No, this serious stuff. I bought the album when it was released b ... (read more)

Report this review (#275422) | Posted by Lieven Van Paemel | Tuesday, March 30, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Pure avantgarde stuff! Not for everyone! Vangelis shows here another direction in electronic music, an experimental one. For me personal, I enjoy something like this and Im listening and listening to it over and over again...(I'm a fan to experimental music!!!). But, to the most Vangelis f ... (read more)

Report this review (#208651) | Posted by Sachis | Wednesday, March 25, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars One, if not the most controversial of Vangelis' albums, ''Beaubourg'' falls out of his discography. The albums before were near to electronic music with a certain touch of new age, all highly melodic. This album is very different from all he had done before. Here, we have more of sound but of mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#176383) | Posted by Luke. J | Wednesday, July 09, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This work is not for the feint of heart. Beaubourg is completely avant-garde, having very little in the way of compositional structure. To say the least it is a hard listen and not one to show off your uniqueness to the new girlfriend. I do however really enjoy this work and will every so ofte ... (read more)

Report this review (#84805) | Posted by suomynona | Wednesday, July 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Strange noises, weird sounds and abstract impressions. Very disturbing synth experimentations from Vangelis. If you`re not into the ambient scene definitely stay away from this. Even if you are into the ambient scene you might want to stay away from this as well. It even goes beyond these tastes. ... (read more)

Report this review (#80012) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Thursday, June 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wow, this is definitely from the seventies, it's got that white and orange futuristic feel to it.. you know ? the 2070's? loads of items popup when I listen to this, funny how you can pinpoint a piece of music though you've probably never heard it at that time. There's also a touch from the fift ... (read more)

Report this review (#41992) | Posted by | Monday, August 08, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Beaubourg"