BEAUBOURG

Vangelis Beaubourg album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy VANGELIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Beaubourg part I (17:50)
2. Beaubourg part II (20:43)

Search VANGELIS Beaubourg lyrics

Search VANGELIS Beaubourg tabs

- Vangelis / all instruments

LP RCA KYL1-0455 (Canada) 1982 / CD Windham Hill 01934-11235-2 (USA) 1997
LP RCA PL 25155 (UK) 1978

and to bjarler for the last updates

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Beaubourg Music

CollectionCollection
Warner Bros UK 2012
ThemesThemes
Polydor / Umgd 1989
Vangelis-Chariots of Fire-Music from the OST-LP-England-Polydor-POLS1026-VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
CHARIOTS OF FIRE:ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK BY VANGELIS, LP:2383 602:POLYDOR RECORDS US $3.49 [0 bids]
Jan Hammer,Vangelis,Ecama,CD,Synthesizer Greatest V1,Alan Parsons,JM Jarre,Synt US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
VANGELIS Antarctica LP Vinyl JAPAN POLYDOR 28MM 0290 W/ OBI US $26.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
VANGELIS / HEAVEN AND HELL LP w/Insert Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
VANGELIS PITSILADIS PICTURES ORIG 1978 GREEK CASSETTE PSYCH POP LOUNGE SEALED!!! US $14.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS cd REPRISE hits best BITTER MOON Blade Runner Oceanic 1492 EL GRECO US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 3m
VANGELIS cd DIRECT Casey Young Markella Hatziano Intergalactic Radio Station US $10.49 Buy It Now 6h 9m
(ship worldwide) VANGELIS - THEMES K2HD MASTERING CD MADE IN JAPAN 2013 US $32.99 Buy It Now 6h 57m
JON AND VANGELIS PRIVATE COLLECTION UK LP POLH4 POLYDOR INNER 1983 NEAR MINT US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Vangelis Chariots Of Fire Titles/Eric's Theme Polydor 7" Vinyl Brown Label Ex US $2.41 Buy It Now 7h 34m
JON & VANGELIS SHORT STORIES LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 38m
I HEAR YOU NOW JON AND VANGELIS 1979 POLYDOR RECORDS POSP 96 COMPANY SLEEVE US $1.65 [0 bids]
Vangelis cassette album - Albedo US $9.30 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Opera Sauvage Vangelis LP SPELP 81 G/G US $16.60 Buy It Now 8h 33m
PULSTAR - THE HITS OF VANGELIS US $4.09 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Jon & Vangelis- Private Collection - 8131742 US $12.11 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Vangelis - Greatest Hits CD BMG US $18.96 Buy It Now 9h 51m
Vangelis - The Best Of - Polish Release US $7.00 Buy It Now 10h 21m
JON ANDERSON and VANGELIS DUTCH 1979 7" Single I HEAR YOU NOW US $4.97 Buy It Now 10h 25m
The Best Of Vangelis (Cassette, 1975, RCA) rock electronic ambient VG Cond. US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 31m
Jon & Vangelis The Friends of Mr Cairo Find My Way Home + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $11.63 Buy It Now 10h 36m
JON AND VANGELIS - I'LL FIND MY WAY HOM (RARE NO E) - 7" VINYL 1981 POLYDOR US $16.60 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Vangelis The Best Of Vangelis 1978 CD Rarely Played Mint No Scratches Read US $10.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS CD SOUNDTRACK 1492 CONQUEST OF PARADISE US $3.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS CD PORTRAITS SO LONG AGO SO CLEAR US $3.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS CD MYTHODEA MUSIC FOR NASA MISSION 2001 MARS ODYSSEY KATHLEEN BATTLE US $3.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis China CD Electronica Music Album Brand New US $11.62 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Jon & Vangelis "I Hear You Now" Hard To Find 7" US $7.45 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Jon & Vangelis "I'll Find My Way Home" Great Oz 7" US $5.59 Buy It Now 11h 15m
VANGELIS THE BEST OF VANGELIS 1978 RCA UK PRESSED VINYL LP* NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $14.87 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Vangelis - Themes (Original Soundtrack, CD 1998) US $4.97 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Beaubourg [original Recording Remastered] - Vangelis New & Sealed CD Free Shippi US $31.46 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Jon And Vangelis - Page Of Love - Polish Early Edition US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 38m
Blade Runner - Vangelis & New American Orchestra LP - Brasil press - NM 1982 US $9.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - CHARIOTS OF FIRE - TITLES 7" VINYL US $6.63 Buy It Now 12h 47m
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1981 JON & VANGELIS The Friends Of Mr.Cairo PD-1-6326 USA US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 4m
VANGELIS - L' APOCALYPSE DES ANIMAUX..POLISH CASSETTE..EURO STAR..FREE SHIPPING! US $13.65 Buy It Now 13h 49m
VANGELIS TO THE UNKNOWN MAN VOL 1 & 2 1982 RCA LP 1002/3 A-1U B-2U A-1U B-1U EX+ US $21.59 Buy It Now 13h 52m
VANGELIS EL GRECO SEALED CD NEW US $5.34 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Vangelis Lp China Nr Mint Disc US $3.99 [0 bids]
Jon & Vangelis The Best Of CD New Age Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.62 Buy It Now 14h 5m
JOHN AND VANGELIS-PRIVATE COLLECTION LP CHEAP US $8.29 Buy It Now 14h 24m
JOHN AND VANGELIS-SHORT STORIES LP CHEAP US $8.29 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Reprise: 1990-1999 [Bonus Track] by Vangelis (CD, Mar-2000, Atlantic (Label)) US $12.07 Buy It Now 14h 59m
Vangelis- Chariots of Fire 25th Anniversary Ed. New/Sealed {CD Album} 0414-A-45P US $8.29 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Vangelis - El Greco (1998) {CD Album} 0614-CB-78 US $8.29 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Jon & Vangelis Short Stories CD New Age Alternative Music Album New US $11.62 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Vangelis L'Apocalypse des Animaux German Polydor 1973 Original US $7.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis Opera Sauvage TV Soundtrack German Polydor Original 1979 US $7.99 [0 bids]
6001491337822 RARE BARCODE VANGELIS 1492 12 TRK CD ALBUM FREEPOST US $7.46 Buy It Now 15h 22m
THE BEST OF VANGELIS (CD 1978) Windham Greatest Hits US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
FORMINX, VANGELIS " JENKA BEAT / A HARD NIGHT'S DAY" ORIGINAL GREEK BEAT 7" 60's US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 34m
VANGELIS To The Unknown Man LP / Excellent vinyl + shrink / Best Of Collection US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 54m
VANGELIS chariots of fire 7" WS EX/ US $11.62 Buy It Now 15h 55m
VANGELIS- CHARIOTS OF FIRE VINYL 7" 45RPM US $2.08 Buy It Now 16h 3m
Chariots of Fire Original Soundtrack by Vangelis US $2.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Direct US $2.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Opera Sauvage US $2.00 [0 bids]
MASK BY VANGELIS W. GERMANY IMPORT CD Polydor US $15.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS OPERA SAUVAGE LP UK IMPORT VAN 04 US $3.73 Buy It Now 16h 56m
1492: Conquest of Paradise by VANGELIS (CD, Oct-1992, Atlantic - NM Soundtrack US $3.00 [0 bids]
Prog Psych LP VANGELIS O. PAPATHANASSIOU Earth VERTIGO FRANCE VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
APHRODITE'S CHILD / VANGELIS Best Of 1971 SPAIN LP PROG US $35.00 Buy It Now 17h 46m
VANGELIS # THEMES # ORIGINAL 1989 CASSETTE TAPE # US $4.40 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Chariots of Fire Soundtrack album by Vangelis 1981 Polydor Chariots vinyl! US $12.00 Buy It Now 19h
VANGELIS La Fete Sauvage OST LP orig Greek IMPORT Pressing 1976 STEREO US $12.95 Buy It Now 19h 20m
TAS VANGELIS Antarctica OST LP Japanese IMPORT Pressing  US $12.95 Buy It Now 19h 20m
23 Cassettes Box - Alan Parsons Project,Vangelis,Genesis,Chicago,Jethro Tull,Yes US $55.99 [0 bids]
Jon and Vangelis - The Friends of Mr Cairo - LP Record/Vinyl Polydor PD-1-6326 ` US $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Vangelis "The City" CD (Atlantic 1991 USA) US $10.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Albedo 0.39 1976 RCA VICTOR PROG LP US $13.00 Buy It Now 19h 36m
VANGELIS - GREATEST HITS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.04 Buy It Now 19h 42m
Chariots of Fire - Original Soundtrack - Vangelis (Vinyl, 1981) Ex US $0.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS: Private Collection LP (inner sleeve) Rock & Pop US $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 52m
LOT 25 LPs New Age Electronic Jazz Classical Kraftwerk Oldfield Vangelis Tomita US $72.99 Buy It Now 20h
Vangelis Chariots Of Fire Soundtrack 7 Track Vinyl Album US $12.86 Buy It Now 20h 16m
VANGELIS - 1492 Conquest Of Paradise: Soundtrack (UK 14 Tk Cassette Album) US $7.13 Buy It Now 20h 46m
Vangelis "Chariots Of Fire" Picture Sleeve & 45 Record 1980's Music US $4.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS CD OPERA SAUVAGE JON ANDERSON US $3.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis - Chariots of Fire - Soundtrack Album - BOGO SALE & Free USA Shipping! US $4.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis To The Unknown Man on vinyl US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis-Chariots Of Fire-LP-1981 Polydor-PD 1 6335-VG+ US $2.99 [0 bids]
22h
Vangelis: Chariots Of Fire Soundtrack Cassette VG++ Canada Polydor PD4-1-6335 US $2.99 Buy It Now 22h
Vangelis The City Japan CD WMC5-270 W/Obi US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis ex LP Heaven and Hell US $5.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS "Opera Salivage" Cassette Tape Used New Age US $5.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis Invisible Connections DGG VAN 415 196 Cote de Liesse pressing US $6.00 [0 bids]
Vangelis ?- Chariots Of Fire/ Polydor ?- PD-1-6335 US $7.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - Heaven And Hell BVCM-37678 MINI LP CD JAPAN +OBI US $44.80 Buy It Now 1 day
VANGELIS SPIRAL LP RECORD ROCK MUSIC PROGRESSIVE ROCK RCA AFL-2627 1977 US $7.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - GREATEST HITS NEW CD US $22.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Vangelis - Conquest Of Paradise (CDS 1992) VG ++ US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Direct by Vangelis (CD, Nov-1988, Arista) BMG US $2.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Direct, Vangelis, Good US $5.90 Buy It Now 1 day
VANGELIS, KITARO/9 LP LOT/All EX Vinyl!!/Rare Imports/ Free Shipping ! US $249.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS ~ China ~ VINYL LP US $8.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Brancaster Studio Orchestra - Midnight - Lennon - Wonder - Vangelis ec, Brancast US $4.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Vangelis ?- China LP, UK pressing, Gatefold US $7.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Vangelis The Collection Soundtrack CD 1994 Germany 10 Tracks US $9.22 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Beaubourg ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(15%)

VANGELIS Beaubourg reviews

Review by richardh
2 stars If you are being kind you would say this is seriously avante garde cutting edge music.If not you would say that Vangelis had a spare lunchtime when he was bored and so decided to knock this thing up to pass the time.An epic of noodling proportions that goes nowhere,starts nowhere and doesn't really go anywhere in the middle.Very strange but very alluring and atmospheric.You make your own mind up.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#34844) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Review by Proghead
3 stars This is perhaps VANGELIS' most radically different of all his albums. Instead of sweet, symphonic electronic music, he goes totally experimental, having more to do with Stockhausen and the likes, than anything you might hear on "Heaven & Hell", "Albedo 0.39" or "Spiral". While on other albums he depended heavily on a wide arrangements of keyboards, on this album, he used exclusively a Yamaha CS-80 synthesizer, a polyphonic synth that was new to VANGELIS' keyboard setup at that time. Is it coincidence or what, but it seems like many artists recording for RCA get angry at the label, then record that one album that basically give the company "the finger". Lou Reed did it for "Metal Machine Music", which he used as a convenient excuse to get off RCA and on to Arista, and VANGELIS gave us "Beaubourg" to get off RCA and on to Polydor (a label he was briefly on back in 1973 for "L'Apocalypse des Animaux"). And like "Metal Machine Music", "Beaubourg" is that one album people will question your sanity for listening to it, or it's that perfect album to clear parties. So if you're expecting nothing but pretty symphonic electronic music, I suggest you stay far away, if you want just an album of random noise, this is for you.

Send comments to Proghead (BETA) | Report this review (#34848) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Bore-bourg

"Beaubourg" must surely rate as Vangelis' least accessible work. The music here is best described as avant garde, having much more in common with the likes of ENO, than the Jean Michel Jarre similarities of the bulk of his work.

Released in 1978, this album came as something of a shock to those expecting to hear "Spiral, part 2". There are just 2 tracks here, there could well have been one but for the break demanded by the limitations of vinyl. There is no music in the compositional sense, this is an album of noises and sounds. It is highly experimental, and no doubt some will find pleasure in the rambling noodling of the keyboards virtuoso. For me though, I am afraid I can find nothing of merit here whatsoever. To put it bluntly, the whole album is complete drivel. When one bears in mind the wonderful music Vangelis had committed to album by this point, "Beauborg" stands as nothing more than a huge kick in the teeth for those who supported him.

This was Vangelis last album for RCA. In a classic case of did he fall or was he pushed, I have no idea whether he was dropped by the label because of the album, or whether this is a contractual obligation album which effectively puts two fingers up to his erstwhile paymasters. One thing is for sure, when the label heard what he had come up with, they must have felt mightily relieved that he was going elsewhere.

I am afraid that for me there is not one redeeming feature about this album. If Vangelis was making a point at all, it is that you can record virtually anything, and someone will think it is the best thing you have ever done. My advice, steer well clear.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#124609) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2007

Review by silvertree
1 stars This is what most people would call an experimental or avant-garde album. It really sounds as if Vangelis decided to have fun poking on a keyboard or having fun with his latest toy synthesizer. It really could be worse : maybe he was fed up with his record company and threw this album out just to satisfy a record deal. So, this is probably a bored Vangelis messing around with sounds. Just listen to other albums like Spiral or Albedo and you'll be shocked by the difference. I tried really hard to listen to this album, setting the volume higher but it never worked for me. This album is really for completionists and is to be avoided by all means for beginners if you don't want to be put off. His next album was a return to a more melodic album.

Send comments to silvertree (BETA) | Report this review (#247977) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Hearing this "music" makes me wish there was a zero star rating!

With all my respect to those who like this peculiar release by Vangelis, I must admit that I'm having a hard time even taking this seriously as a piece of music, progressive or otherwise. For the first time I have now been sitting trough the whole album in order to produce this review and I can honestly tell you that this is something I will never do again. And I would advise anyone against it! Before I start I should say that I really hope that no one finds my views offensive. That is certainly not my intention, anyway. Also, I should say that I have respect for Vangelis and I do enjoy some of his other works.

I will try to be as respectful as I can regarding this album and start by saying that it is radically different from Vangelis earlier (and later) works. I have not heard all of his albums, (indeed, far from it), but to my knowledge he never did anything like this before or since. The sounds all come from synthesisers, which is not so unusual given the artist involved. But there appear to be no rhythms and also no melodies; indeed no kind of structure whatsoever! The sounds appear to be almost totally random. Some cheesy Pop music can make me cringe, but at least I understand the artist's musical purpose behind it. Not so with Beaubourg. I therefore hesitate to even call this music at all, as opposed to mere sound experiments. And needless to say, this is highly experimental stuff.

It does appear as if Vangelis improvised the entire thing with no attempt whatsoever to actually compose anything; just trying out different electronic sounds, some of which are quite painful to the ears! If you have detected a hidden structure and revealed the underlying beauty of Beaubourg I must say lucky for you. Enjoy! But to the rest, I must issue a strong warning: this is the most pointless synthesiser meanderings I have ever encountered and it is also one of the worst overall audio-experiences that I have ever had. Well, coming from a CD, anyway. As opposed to a piece of chalk on a blackboard, for example!

Rating this with one star actually feels like an insult to most of the other albums that I have given that rating. This makes me wish there had been a zero star rating!

Avoid, by all means!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#257228) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Lots of reviewers have rated this album with the minimum rating and the least that I can say is that I fully share their opinions.

While Vangelis played on very electronic prog during his last five albums, this one is of a complete different texture. I can't differ too much from the global opinion and just tell you that indeed this album is pure exploration and experimentation. Not for the best, I am afraid.

During some short moments, the music is bearable: but these are quite few to tell the truth; maybe some three minutes out of the total duration of Part I (especially the closing section). I don't know what the motivation of the artist was while he was recording this album; but the result is rather poor and noisy. In one word: annoying.

During some of his previous work, one could have experimented two different facets of music and one could hope that after the poor "Part I", something nice would be presented. But this was in vain. Nothing as such is taking place.

This is an abstruse and hermetic work. Some might like it, but I can't. One little star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305016) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars An experimental album inspired to the omonimous French museum of modern art which has also a section for music and acoustic researches. Maybe Vangelis was looking to be added to the exposition and the result is this very experimental album.

There's no structure, no harmony, no music. It reminds to the soundtrack of "The Forbiden Planet" that's effectively the first example of "electronic music" in the history.

Other than experimental, is it good, too? Not really. I'm quite used to unstructured music, and I don't dislike a long electronic track, but this is an excursion into a realm that's too far from the prog's world. The only other album on which he performs similarily is "Invisible Connections", but that one was intended as classic contemporary and was released by Deutsche Grammophone.

Not that this is much different, to be honest.

About 40 minutes of disconnected sounds with few harmonic parts that last too few to be appreciated. all immersed in a sea of "nothingness".

A fans only album (1.5 stars really).

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#365281) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 27, 2010

2 stars Unlike any of the highly melodic and universally appealing recordings surrounding this album in his discography, Vangelis' Beauborg is a very dark and apparantly loosely structured work of art that sounds like an experiment, but is definintely a work of art. It's correctly labeled as experime ... (read more)

Report this review (#603117) | Posted by 7headedchicken | Wednesday, January 04, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars What do you get when you abandon all the conventions of music? When you toss aside rhythm, melody, and harmony? You get Beauborg, Vangelis' most unpleasant album. That may sound like a contradiction in terms, but it's the truth. Here, our eclectic master revisits some of the ideologies of ... (read more)

Report this review (#288118) | Posted by Progosopher | Thursday, June 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Pierre Henry, Pierre Schaeffer, Yannis Xenakis... Some of the great composers of "Musique Concrète"... Well, Vangelis is getting very close to it on this album... No simple melodies like "To the unknown man" from "Spiral" here! No, this serious stuff. I bought the album when it was released b ... (read more)

Report this review (#275422) | Posted by Lieven Van Paemel | Tuesday, March 30, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Pure avantgarde stuff! Not for everyone! Vangelis shows here another direction in electronic music, an experimental one. For me personal, I enjoy something like this and Im listening and listening to it over and over again...(I'm a fan to experimental music!!!). But, to the most Vangelis f ... (read more)

Report this review (#208651) | Posted by Sachis | Wednesday, March 25, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars One, if not the most controversial of Vangelis' albums, ''Beaubourg'' falls out of his discography. The albums before were near to electronic music with a certain touch of new age, all highly melodic. This album is very different from all he had done before. Here, we have more of sound but of mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#176383) | Posted by Luke. J | Wednesday, July 09, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This work is not for the feint of heart. Beaubourg is completely avant-garde, having very little in the way of compositional structure. To say the least it is a hard listen and not one to show off your uniqueness to the new girlfriend. I do however really enjoy this work and will every so ofte ... (read more)

Report this review (#84805) | Posted by suomynona | Wednesday, July 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Strange noises, weird sounds and abstract impressions. Very disturbing synth experimentations from Vangelis. If you`re not into the ambient scene definitely stay away from this. Even if you are into the ambient scene you might want to stay away from this as well. It even goes beyond these tastes. ... (read more)

Report this review (#80012) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Thursday, June 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wow, this is definitely from the seventies, it's got that white and orange futuristic feel to it.. you know ? the 2070's? loads of items popup when I listen to this, funny how you can pinpoint a piece of music though you've probably never heard it at that time. There's also a touch from the fift ... (read more)

Report this review (#41992) | Posted by | Monday, August 08, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Beaubourg"