BEAUBOURG

Vangelis Beaubourg album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy VANGELIS Music
Studio Album, released in 1978

1. Beaubourg part I (17:50)
2. Beaubourg part II (20:43)

Search VANGELIS Beaubourg lyrics

Search VANGELIS Beaubourg tabs

- Vangelis / all instruments

LP RCA KYL1-0455 (Canada) 1982 / CD Windham Hill 01934-11235-2 (USA) 1997
LP RCA PL 25155 (UK) 1978

and to bjarler for the last updates

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Beaubourg Music

BeaubourgBeaubourg
RCA
Beaubourg LP (Vinyl Album) UK RCA 1978Beaubourg LP (Vinyl Album) UK RCA 1978
RCA
Vinyl$11.69 (used)
Vangelis Beaubourg Japan Mini LP USD $9.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS/BEAUBOURG LP 1978 JAPAN PROMO USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
VANGELIS Beaubourg LP 2 Track Light Wear To Sleeve And Vinyl Has Some Light Mark USD $8.19 Buy It Now 13h 41m
VANGELIS beaubourg (1978) JAPAN LTD MINI LP CD SS M10 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 8m
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG Japan Mini Lp CD SEALED auction USD $6.49 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Beaubourg LP Mint- RCA Victor AYL1-4387 1978 synth ambient classical USD $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Beaubourg, Vangelis,Very Good, Minor wear to cover.,Vinyl, Music Music USD $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Vangelis Beaubourg 1978 Tone Poem Rca Cd Import USD $13.73 Buy It Now 3 days
Beaubourg, Vangelis, Acceptable USD $9.47 Buy It Now 3 days
PROMO WHITE LABEL / VANGELIS BEAUBOURG USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Vangelis Beaubourg + Inner vinyl LP album record UK PL25155 RCA 1978 USD $29.63 Buy It Now 4 days
Beaubourg by Vangelis Japan Mini LP CD Brand New USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VANGELIS Beaubourg in shrink NEAR MINT NEAR MINT Vinyl Record Album USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
VANGELIS beaubourg PL 25515 A-1E/B-2E uk rca 1978 LP PS EX/EX with card inner USD $15.62 Buy It Now 5 days
VANGELIS-Beaubourg-78/2006 CD MINI LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Vangelis CD album (CDLP) Beaubourg Japanese BVCM-37681 BMG Sealed 2006 USD $55.49 Buy It Now 6 days
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG Japan Mini Lp CD SEALED USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
VANGELIS Beaubourg LP gatefold slv HOLLAND 1978 RCA PL-25155 USD $13.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Vangelis : Beaubourg Vinyl VG+++ LP Record USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VANGELIS THE COLLECTION ALBEDO 0.39 BEAUBOURG SPIRAL 3 CD BOX SET IMPORT NEW USD $15.50 Buy It Now 8 days
VANGELIS Beaubourg ORIGINAL LP NEAR MINT/MINT Vinyl Record Album USD $18.00 Buy It Now 8 days
VANGELIS - BEAUBOURG: REMASTERED EDITION NEW CD USD $29.51 Buy It Now 9 days
Vangelis Beaubourg 1978 Tone Poem Rca Cd Import USD $13.00 Buy It Now 9 days
VANGELIS - BEAUBOURG 2006 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD USD $29.69 Buy It Now 9 days
Vangelis : Beaubourg CD (1997) USD $12.90 Buy It Now 9 days
Vangelis Beaubourg (PS) 12" Vinyl Single (1) USD $13.29 Buy It Now 9 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg NEW CD USD $15.23 Buy It Now 10 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg (1998) CD USD $6.08 Buy It Now 10 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg NEW CD USD $18.44 Buy It Now 12 days
VANGELIS 'BEAUBOURG' UK LP USD $10.93 Buy It Now 12 days
LP VANGELIS - Beaubourg (1978) MINT- GERMANY PRESS. USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG 1981 UK RCA LP INTS 5158 USD $9.37 Buy It Now 12 days
Vangelis LP Beaubourg RCA 3020 Stereo USD $6.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Vangelis Beaubourg (Remastered) CD USD $16.17 Buy It Now 13 days
UK Mint LP VANGELIS Beaubourg 1981 RCA International INTS5158 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 13 days
(CD) Beaubourg [Remastered] / Vangelis / [Esoteric] USD $13.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Vangelis-Beaubourg CD NEW USD $19.78 Buy It Now 13 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg 2013 - Sealed Remastered Digipak CD g USD $15.56 Buy It Now 14 days
VANGELIS - Beaubourg - CD USD $17.98 Buy It Now 14 days
Vangelis m- LP Beaubourg USD $9.75 Buy It Now 14 days
VANGELIS- BEAUBOURG VINYL ALBUM USD $4.68 Buy It Now 15 days
VANGELIS / BEAUBOURG / CASSETTE TAPE / RCA (1978) USD $14.06 Buy It Now 15 days
Vangelis BEAUBOURG RCA LP 1978 Electronic Pretentious Music and Cover USD $9.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Import - Vangelis Beaubourg Parts I & II Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $7.82 Buy It Now 16 days
Vangelis Beaubourg UK vinyl LP album record INTS5158 RCA 1981 USD $18.69 Buy It Now 17 days
Vangelis Beaubourg LP Promo AFL1 3020 1978 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 17 days
VANGELIS - Beaubourg EX/NM- 1978 Electronic Synth Prog Psych (LP) USD $17.99 Buy It Now 17 days
VANGELIS Beaubourg 1978 Japan mini-lp CD NEW USD $7.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Beaubourg [Original Recording Remastered] - Vangelis (2013, CD New) USD $15.38 Buy It Now 18 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg: Remastered Edition Rmst CD USD $27.99 Buy It Now 18 days
VANGELIS Beaubourg MINI LP CD USD $16.14 Buy It Now 18 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg [Original Recording Remastered] [CD New] USD $17.98 Buy It Now 18 days
VANGELIS: BEAUBOURG ORIG LP NM USD $15.62 Buy It Now 19 days
Beaubourg [original Recording Remastered] - Vangelis New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE USD $31.46 Buy It Now 19 days
Beaubourg by Vangelis (CD, Feb-1998, Windham Hill Records) - CD USD $7.00 Buy It Now 21 days
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG MINI LP CD OBI USD $14.84 Buy It Now 21 days
VANGELIS / BEAUBOURG ( Paper Sleeve ) Limited Press SEALED !!! USD $17.99 Buy It Now 21 days
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG JAPAN USD $24.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg - RCA PL 25155 LP Record #vangelis USD $19.92 Buy It Now 22 days
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG ORIGINAL PROMO COPY 1978 RCA USD $9.00 Buy It Now 23 days
VANGELIS - Beaubourg ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP USD $14.06 Buy It Now 23 days
VANGELIS: Beaubourg (vinyl LP) re USD $8.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Vangelis Beaubourg 2 Track Vinyl LP USD $13.67 Buy It Now 24 days
VANGELIS Beaubourg Original Release CD (Near Mint) USD $13.03 Buy It Now 25 days
Vangelis-Beaubourg CD NEW USD $19.16 Buy It Now 25 days
VANGELIS - BEAUBOURG - ECLEC2424 USD $16.54 Buy It Now 25 days
VANGELIS BEAUBOURG RCA Victor PL 25155 Gatefold Sleeve VINYL LP ALBUM USD $15.46 Buy It Now 26 days
Vangelis - Beaubourg GERMAN VINYL LP USD $12.49 Buy It Now 28 days
VANGELIS beaubourg PL 25515 A-1E/B-2E uk rca 1978 LP PS EX/EX gatefold + inner USD $14.06 Buy It Now 29 days
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1978 Vangelis Beaubourg PL25155 Electronic UK Gatefold USD $10.00 Buy It Now 29 days
VANGELIS "BEAUBOURG" CD ALBUM JAPAN + OBI SEALED 1978 NEW AGE SPACE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 30 days
CD albedo 0.39 ~ USD $16.01
CD beauburg ~ USD $16.01
CD direct ~ USD $16.01
CD heaven and hell ~ USD $16.01
LP sex power ~ USD $28.41
CD spiral ~ USD $16.01

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Beaubourg ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(8%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(16%)

VANGELIS Beaubourg reviews

Review by richardh
2 stars If you are being kind you would say this is seriously avante garde cutting edge music.If not you would say that Vangelis had a spare lunchtime when he was bored and so decided to knock this thing up to pass the time.An epic of noodling proportions that goes nowhere,starts nowhere and doesn't really go anywhere in the middle.Very strange but very alluring and atmospheric.You make your own mind up.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#34844) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Review by Proghead
3 stars This is perhaps VANGELIS' most radically different of all his albums. Instead of sweet, symphonic electronic music, he goes totally experimental, having more to do with Stockhausen and the likes, than anything you might hear on "Heaven & Hell", "Albedo 0.39" or "Spiral". While on other albums he depended heavily on a wide arrangements of keyboards, on this album, he used exclusively a Yamaha CS-80 synthesizer, a polyphonic synth that was new to VANGELIS' keyboard setup at that time. Is it coincidence or what, but it seems like many artists recording for RCA get angry at the label, then record that one album that basically give the company "the finger". Lou Reed did it for "Metal Machine Music", which he used as a convenient excuse to get off RCA and on to Arista, and VANGELIS gave us "Beaubourg" to get off RCA and on to Polydor (a label he was briefly on back in 1973 for "L'Apocalypse des Animaux"). And like "Metal Machine Music", "Beaubourg" is that one album people will question your sanity for listening to it, or it's that perfect album to clear parties. So if you're expecting nothing but pretty symphonic electronic music, I suggest you stay far away, if you want just an album of random noise, this is for you.

Send comments to Proghead (BETA) | Report this review (#34848) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
1 stars Bore-bourg

"Beaubourg" must surely rate as Vangelis' least accessible work. The music here is best described as avant garde, having much more in common with the likes of ENO, than the Jean Michel Jarre similarities of the bulk of his work.

Released in 1978, this album came as something of a shock to those expecting to hear "Spiral, part 2". There are just 2 tracks here, there could well have been one but for the break demanded by the limitations of vinyl. There is no music in the compositional sense, this is an album of noises and sounds. It is highly experimental, and no doubt some will find pleasure in the rambling noodling of the keyboards virtuoso. For me though, I am afraid I can find nothing of merit here whatsoever. To put it bluntly, the whole album is complete drivel. When one bears in mind the wonderful music Vangelis had committed to album by this point, "Beauborg" stands as nothing more than a huge kick in the teeth for those who supported him.

This was Vangelis last album for RCA. In a classic case of did he fall or was he pushed, I have no idea whether he was dropped by the label because of the album, or whether this is a contractual obligation album which effectively puts two fingers up to his erstwhile paymasters. One thing is for sure, when the label heard what he had come up with, they must have felt mightily relieved that he was going elsewhere.

I am afraid that for me there is not one redeeming feature about this album. If Vangelis was making a point at all, it is that you can record virtually anything, and someone will think it is the best thing you have ever done. My advice, steer well clear.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#124609) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2007

Review by silvertree
1 stars This is what most people would call an experimental or avant-garde album. It really sounds as if Vangelis decided to have fun poking on a keyboard or having fun with his latest toy synthesizer. It really could be worse : maybe he was fed up with his record company and threw this album out just to satisfy a record deal. So, this is probably a bored Vangelis messing around with sounds. Just listen to other albums like Spiral or Albedo and you'll be shocked by the difference. I tried really hard to listen to this album, setting the volume higher but it never worked for me. This album is really for completionists and is to be avoided by all means for beginners if you don't want to be put off. His next album was a return to a more melodic album.

Send comments to silvertree (BETA) | Report this review (#247977) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Hearing this "music" makes me wish there was a zero star rating!

With all my respect to those who like this peculiar release by Vangelis, I must admit that I'm having a hard time even taking this seriously as a piece of music, progressive or otherwise. For the first time I have now been sitting trough the whole album in order to produce this review and I can honestly tell you that this is something I will never do again. And I would advise anyone against it! Before I start I should say that I really hope that no one finds my views offensive. That is certainly not my intention, anyway. Also, I should say that I have respect for Vangelis and I do enjoy some of his other works.

I will try to be as respectful as I can regarding this album and start by saying that it is radically different from Vangelis earlier (and later) works. I have not heard all of his albums, (indeed, far from it), but to my knowledge he never did anything like this before or since. The sounds all come from synthesisers, which is not so unusual given the artist involved. But there appear to be no rhythms and also no melodies; indeed no kind of structure whatsoever! The sounds appear to be almost totally random. Some cheesy Pop music can make me cringe, but at least I understand the artist's musical purpose behind it. Not so with Beaubourg. I therefore hesitate to even call this music at all, as opposed to mere sound experiments. And needless to say, this is highly experimental stuff.

It does appear as if Vangelis improvised the entire thing with no attempt whatsoever to actually compose anything; just trying out different electronic sounds, some of which are quite painful to the ears! If you have detected a hidden structure and revealed the underlying beauty of Beaubourg I must say lucky for you. Enjoy! But to the rest, I must issue a strong warning: this is the most pointless synthesiser meanderings I have ever encountered and it is also one of the worst overall audio-experiences that I have ever had. Well, coming from a CD, anyway. As opposed to a piece of chalk on a blackboard, for example!

Rating this with one star actually feels like an insult to most of the other albums that I have given that rating. This makes me wish there had been a zero star rating!

Avoid, by all means!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#257228) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Lots of reviewers have rated this album with the minimum rating and the least that I can say is that I fully share their opinions.

While Vangelis played on very electronic prog during his last five albums, this one is of a complete different texture. I can't differ too much from the global opinion and just tell you that indeed this album is pure exploration and experimentation. Not for the best, I am afraid.

During some short moments, the music is bearable: but these are quite few to tell the truth; maybe some three minutes out of the total duration of Part I (especially the closing section). I don't know what the motivation of the artist was while he was recording this album; but the result is rather poor and noisy. In one word: annoying.

During some of his previous work, one could have experimented two different facets of music and one could hope that after the poor "Part I", something nice would be presented. But this was in vain. Nothing as such is taking place.

This is an abstruse and hermetic work. Some might like it, but I can't. One little star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#305016) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars An experimental album inspired to the omonimous French museum of modern art which has also a section for music and acoustic researches. Maybe Vangelis was looking to be added to the exposition and the result is this very experimental album.

There's no structure, no harmony, no music. It reminds to the soundtrack of "The Forbiden Planet" that's effectively the first example of "electronic music" in the history.

Other than experimental, is it good, too? Not really. I'm quite used to unstructured music, and I don't dislike a long electronic track, but this is an excursion into a realm that's too far from the prog's world. The only other album on which he performs similarily is "Invisible Connections", but that one was intended as classic contemporary and was released by Deutsche Grammophone.

Not that this is much different, to be honest.

About 40 minutes of disconnected sounds with few harmonic parts that last too few to be appreciated. all immersed in a sea of "nothingness".

A fans only album (1.5 stars really).

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#365281) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 27, 2010

2 stars Unlike any of the highly melodic and universally appealing recordings surrounding this album in his discography, Vangelis' Beauborg is a very dark and apparantly loosely structured work of art that sounds like an experiment, but is definintely a work of art. It's correctly labeled as experime ... (read more)

Report this review (#603117) | Posted by 7headedchicken | Wednesday, January 04, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars What do you get when you abandon all the conventions of music? When you toss aside rhythm, melody, and harmony? You get Beauborg, Vangelis' most unpleasant album. That may sound like a contradiction in terms, but it's the truth. Here, our eclectic master revisits some of the ideologies of ... (read more)

Report this review (#288118) | Posted by Progosopher | Thursday, June 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Pierre Henry, Pierre Schaeffer, Yannis Xenakis... Some of the great composers of "Musique Concrète"... Well, Vangelis is getting very close to it on this album... No simple melodies like "To the unknown man" from "Spiral" here! No, this serious stuff. I bought the album when it was released b ... (read more)

Report this review (#275422) | Posted by Lieven Van Paemel | Tuesday, March 30, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Pure avantgarde stuff! Not for everyone! Vangelis shows here another direction in electronic music, an experimental one. For me personal, I enjoy something like this and Im listening and listening to it over and over again...(I'm a fan to experimental music!!!). But, to the most Vangelis f ... (read more)

Report this review (#208651) | Posted by Sachis | Wednesday, March 25, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars One, if not the most controversial of Vangelis' albums, ''Beaubourg'' falls out of his discography. The albums before were near to electronic music with a certain touch of new age, all highly melodic. This album is very different from all he had done before. Here, we have more of sound but of mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#176383) | Posted by Luke. J | Wednesday, July 09, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This work is not for the feint of heart. Beaubourg is completely avant-garde, having very little in the way of compositional structure. To say the least it is a hard listen and not one to show off your uniqueness to the new girlfriend. I do however really enjoy this work and will every so ofte ... (read more)

Report this review (#84805) | Posted by suomynona | Wednesday, July 26, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Strange noises, weird sounds and abstract impressions. Very disturbing synth experimentations from Vangelis. If you`re not into the ambient scene definitely stay away from this. Even if you are into the ambient scene you might want to stay away from this as well. It even goes beyond these tastes. ... (read more)

Report this review (#80012) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Thursday, June 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wow, this is definitely from the seventies, it's got that white and orange futuristic feel to it.. you know ? the 2070's? loads of items popup when I listen to this, funny how you can pinpoint a piece of music though you've probably never heard it at that time. There's also a touch from the fift ... (read more)

Report this review (#41992) | Posted by | Monday, August 08, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Beaubourg"