JOE'S CORSAGE

Studio Album, released in 2004

1. "pretty pat" (0:32)
2. Motherly Love (2:21)
3. Plastic People (3:04)
4. Anyway The Wind Blows (2:55)
5. I Ain't Got No Heart (3:50)
6. "the phone call" (0:33)
7. My Babe (3:33)
8. Wedding Dress Song/Handsome Cabin Boy (1:03)
9. Hitch Hike (2:54)
10. I'm So Happy I Could Cry (2:43)
11. Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder (3:29)
12. How Could I Be Such A Fool? (2:59)
13. "we made our reputation doing it that way..." (5:33)

Search FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Corsage lyrics

Search FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Corsage tabs

- Frank Zappa / guitar, vocals
- Ray Collins / vocals, tambourine, harmonica
- Henry Vestine / guitar
- Roy Estrada / bass, vocals
- Jimmy Carl Black / drums

FRANK ZAPPA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Corsage Music

Joe's CorsageJoe's Corsage
Frank Zappa 2010
Joe's Corsage by Frank Zappa [Music CD]Joe's Corsage by Frank Zappa [Music CD]
Gabbycat

More places to buy FRANK ZAPPA music online Buy FRANK ZAPPA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FRANK ZAPPA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Corsage ratings distribution

FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Corsage reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Joe's Corsage" is a full-length album release by US avant garde rock act Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention. The album was released through Vaulternative Records in May 2004. "Joe's Corsage" features archive material recorded in 1964-1965. Some or probably most of it while the band were still called The Soul Giants. The album was compiled by archivist Joe Travers. Most of the material are demo recordings of tracks that in their final form would appear on the bandīs debut album "Freak Out! (1966)", but also a few tracks that would appear on "Absolutely Free (1967)" and "We're Only In It For The Money (1968)". In addition to the demos there are also a couple of live cover tracks by Righteous Brothers and Marvin Gaye. There are also a couple of interludes on the album where Frank Zappa speaks of the origins of the band and his influences, taken from interviews from the sixties.

If you are already familiar with the early material by the band and the doo woop/rīnīb style of tracks like "Anyway the Wind Blows" and "Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder" you pretty much know what to expect from "Joe's Corsage". The versions on this album vary from the ones that ended up on the studio albums, but for the most part the tracks arenīt terribly different from the studio versions. A track like "I'm So Happy I Could Cry", which ended up being titled "Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance" on "We're Only In It For The Money (1968)" featuring a new set of lyrics, is one of the tracks that sound a bit different from the studio version, but otherwise I think there are little here thatīll be of interest to anyone but the most hardcore collectors. Still the recordings are of good quality with a, for the time, remarkably good sound production and of course thereīs nothing wrong with the quality of the material either, so a 3 star (60%) rating is fair.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#267503) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 22, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Oh, the things that are lurking in Frank Zappa's vault.

This album consists mostly of pre-"Freak Out" demos and tapes of Frank and The Mothers, plus a few live tracks from the same era. At the time, besides Frank, the band consisted of Ray Collins, Roy Estrada and Jimmy Carl Black. Also on guitar on some of the tracks is Henry Vestine, who is more famous as the guitarist for Canned Heat.

Historically important to Zappa fans, the album includes classic tracks from the first few MOI albums, with very different vocals and sometimes different arrangements. The most notable song is I'm So Happy I Could Cry, with unusually un-Zappalike upbeat lyrics over the music that we know as Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance.

The sound on these recordings is quite good. In fact it's better than a lot of major label albums from years later.

For a Zappaphile like me, 4 stars. For the normal prog fan, 3 stars.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#392030) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Post a review of FRANK ZAPPA "Joe's Corsage "