ALEXANDER

Good, but non-essential

Buy VANGELIS Music
Studio Album, released in 2004

1. Introduction (1:32)
2. Young Alexander (1:36)
3. Titans (3:59)
4. The Drums of Gaugamela (5:20)
5. One Morning at Pella (2:11)
6. Roxane's Dance (3:25)
7. Eastern Path (2:58)
8. Gardens of Delight (5:24)
9. Roxane's Veil (4:40)
10. Bagoas' Dance (2:29)
11. The Charge (1:41)
12. Preparation (1:42)
13. Across the Mountains (4:12)
14. Chant (1:38)
15. Immortality (3:18)
16. Dream of Babylon (2:41)
17. Eternal Alexander (4:37)
18. Tender Memories (2:59)

Search VANGELIS Alexander lyrics

Search VANGELIS Alexander tabs

- Vangelis / synthesisers
- Konstantinos Paliastsaras, Irina Valentinova-Karpouchina & Epirus Polyphonic Ensemble / vocals
- Maria Bildea / harp
- Vahan Galstian / duduk
- Vanessa-Mae / violin

CD SONY CLASSICAL SK 92942 (2004)

and to eyesgariea2008 for the last updates

VANGELIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Titles Chariots Of Fire, 1981
  • Hispanola 1492 - Conquest Of Paradise: Music From The Original Soundtrack, 1992

Buy VANGELIS Alexander Music

Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (180g Translucent Red Vinyl)Blade Runner Original Soundtrack (180g Translucent Red Vinyl)
Audio Fidelity 2013
Albedo 0.39Albedo 0.39
R.C.A. Records
Light & Shadow the best of VangelisLight & Shadow the best of Vangelis
Warner Bros UK 2013
JON AND VANGELIS - I hear you now/Thunder 7" (UK polydor 1979 POSP96) US $3.21 Buy It Now 47m 11s
VANGELIS - THE CITY. CD only! No inlay card etc. VGC. Atlantic 82248-2. Concept US $3.75 Buy It Now 56m 48s
Vangelis 1492: Conquest of Paradise Japan CD WPCR-28581 W/Obi US $16.50 [5 bids]
1h
Vangelis - Original Album Classics [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Vangelis : Chariots of fire CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Vintage CD Vangelis Themes US $31.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Vintage CD Vangelis The City US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
VANGELIS ~ Chariots of fire - Titles ~ 1981 7" POLYDOR RECORDS POSP 246 US $4.04 [0 bids]
Blade Runner Trilogy: 25th Anniversary [3 CD], Vangelis, New Soundtrack US $27.35 Buy It Now 2h 36m
JON AND VANGELIS, I'LL FIND MY WAY HOME-Polydor JV 1-7" 1981 US $0.81 [0 bids]
Vangelis Direct US $2.00 [0 bids]
Chariots of Fire Vangelis Soundtrack CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Chariots of Fire Original Soundtrack by Vangelis US $2.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS: Opera Sauvage LP (cover in shrink, light scratch oc) Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
JON ANDERSON yes Change We Must EURO CD single vangelis US $29.75 Buy It Now 3h 35m
UK LP Chariots Of Fire OST Soundtrack by Vangelis US $4.83 [0 bids]
Chariots of Fire - Vangelis Record 33 LP US $14.00 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - PARIS MAY 1968 RARE & UNIQUE PROMO CD GREEK ONLY PRESSING NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
NM 1981 Chariots of Fire strk LP in shrink w/sticker . Vangelis US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Chariots of Fire by Vangelis (CD, May-1984, Polydor) NIP US $3.99 [0 bids]
JON & VANGELIS - I'll find my way home - 1981 UK 7" Vinyl Single US $8.06 Buy It Now 4h 33m
"CHARIOTS OF FIRE"VANGELIS-ORIG.SOUNDTRACK- LP-POLS 1026 (A1 B1) NrMINT US $1.60 [0 bids]
VANGELIS "SOIL FESTIVITIES"-LP-1984 SphericB.V. POLH 11 (A2 B2)1st press/EX++ US $9.67 [0 bids]
Chariots Of Fire Original Soundtrack by Vangelis LP VG+ Great Music Progressive US $2.99 [0 bids]
Chariots Of Fire Vangelis and Other Musical Scores 2001 12" LP Audio Award VG++ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis ?- Alexander IMPORT UK CD (Original Picture Score) Soundtrack CD US $5.85 [0 bids]
VANGELIS Japan 1979 NM LP+Obi IGANCIO US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Vangelis "Chariots Of Fire - Titles" Great NZ 7" US $5.34 Buy It Now 5h 39m
CLAUDIO BAGLIONI E Tu With Vangelis with poster insert US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 51m
VANGELIS Chariots of Fire 28MM0033 OBI LP Af6248 US $5.99 [0 bids]
VANGELIS - COLLECTION (IMPORT) NEW CD US $63.62 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Vangelis Antarctica LP Record Japanese Import Polydor US $4.99 [0 bids]
Vangelis Odyssey The Definitive Collection NEW CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 32m
VANGELIS OPERA SAUVAGE STEREO RECORD ALBUM US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Blade Runner Soundtrack by Vangelis LP sealed! red 180g electronica new wave US $25.00 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Vangelis CHARIOTS OF FIRE in shrink! 1981 Electronic Ambient NEAR MINT synth US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Various : Chariots of Fire: The Music of Vangelis (Compilation) CD (2000) US $4.31 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Dont Tread on Me Rainichi Kinen Special by Vangelis Japan(Promo)CD+1+DVD W/OBI US $9.74 Buy It Now 7h 29m
VG+ Vangelis O "Earth" Vertigo VEL 1019 PROMO LP US $32.24 Buy It Now 9h 36m
VANGELIS - THEMES CASSETTE TAPE US $2.61 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Chariots of Fire by Vangelis (CD Polydor) MADE IN WEST GERMANY Original Score NM US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Oceanic by Vangelis (Cassette, Jan-1997, Atlantic Records) NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 18m
CHARIOTS OF FIRE, THEME NEW ORIG.45 VANGELIS/ERIC'S THEME FREE SHIPPING US $7.50 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Vinyl LP US $16.13 Buy It Now 13h 6m
CHARIOTS OF FIRE LP VANGELIS SOUNDTRACK NEAR MINT 1981 US $4.75 Buy It Now 13h 47m
VANGELIS."ALBEDO 0-39" GREEK MUSICIAN. EX- APHRODITE'S CHILD.EX COND...RCA 33LP US $6.44 [0 bids]
VANGELIS."BEAUBOURG" GREEK MUSICIAN. EX- APHRODITE'S CHILD.EX COND...RCA 33LP US $6.44 [0 bids]
VANGELIS."SPIRAL" GREEK MUSICIAN EX- APHRODITE'S CHILD..Ex Cond.3K 3LP US $6.44 [0 bids]
Jon and Vangelis The Friends Of Mr Cairo LP (1981) EX/G US $4.83 Buy It Now 14h
VANGELIS CHINA VINYL LP POLYDOR AUSTRALIA issue US $14.24 Buy It Now 14h 4m
JON & VANGELIS SHORT STORIES ,YES, FRENCH LP VINYL US $14.00 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Vangelis - Original Album Classics CD US $17.79 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Vangelis China 1989 JAPAN CD 1st Press P22P-20304 Out of Print HTF Very Rare US $39.80 Buy It Now 15h 8m
VANGELIS To The Unknown Man Vol I LP EX UK 1982 RCA Records US $12.90 Buy It Now 15h 44m
VANGELIS To The Unknown Man Vol II LP EX+ UK 1982 RCA Records US $12.90 Buy It Now 15h 44m
VANGELIS - albedo. Apocalypse ~ Korea 2 Lp SET US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 55m
VANGELIS-CHARIOTS OF FIRE-EXTRA RARE 1980 GREEK LP/EX/OSCAR WINNER/OST/NEW AG US $23.90 Buy It Now 16h 12m
Jon And Vangelis ?The Friends Of Mr. Cairo Vinyl LP (Rare White Sleeve) US $7.67 Buy It Now 16h 23m
Jon And Vangelis(7" Vinyl)I'll Find My Way Home / Back To School-VG/VG US $3.99 Buy It Now 16h 25m
Oceanic by Vangelis *New CD* US $5.35 Buy It Now 16h 27m
Vangelis - China NEW CD US $7.93 Buy It Now 16h 29m
7" VANGELIS;OST FIND MY WAY HOME.EX COND;ORIG;UK.1981 US $8.88 Buy It Now 16h 31m
7" VANGELIS;OST CHARIOTS OF FIRE.EX COND;ORIG;UK.1981 US $8.88 Buy It Now 16h 41m
Light & Shadow: The Best of Vangelis by Vangelis *New CD* US $5.27 Buy It Now 17h 29m
VANGELIS TO THE UNKNOWN MAN VOL 1 & 2 L.P.s 1982 Nr MINT US $19.36 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Jon & And Vangelis - Page Of Life (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Vangelis - Heaven And Hell (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Vangelis - Direct (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Vangelis - Beaubourg (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Vangelis - Spiral (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Vangelis - Albedo 0.39 (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $18.15 Buy It Now 17h 43m
VANGELIS - CHARIOTS OF FIRE - Film OST - Ex Con LP Record Polydor POLS 1026 US $9.61 Buy It Now 18h
JON & VANGELIS - 3 x 7"I'LL FIND MY WAY HOME + P/S EXC US $9.67 Buy It Now 18h
VANGELIS conquest of paradise YZ704 east west 1992 promo stickered 7" PS EX/EX US $60.78 Buy It Now 18h 4m
JON AND VANGELIS short stories POLD 5030 uk polydor 1979 LP PS EX/EX US $14.52 Buy It Now 18h 5m
1492 Conquest of Paradise: Music of Vangelis CD RARE GERMAN IMPORT US $7.46 Buy It Now 18h 8m
VANGELIS HEAVEN AND HELL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 18h 11m
JON Anderson AND VANGELIS The Friends Of Mr. Cairo LP1981 JAPAN import w/OBI US $49.99 Buy It Now 18h 28m
VANGELIS HEAVEN AND HELL ADVERT 27 DEC 1975 US $12.90 Buy It Now 18h 38m
Jon & Vangelis(Vinyl LP)The Friends Of Mr Cairo-UK-POLD 5039-Polydor-Ex/VG US $11.39 Buy It Now 18h 43m
Vangelis(Vinyl LP)Chariots Of Fire-Polydor-POLS 1026-UK-VG/VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Jon & Vangelis(Vinyl LP)Short Stories-Polydor-POLD 5030-UK-VG/VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 56m
Vangelis(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Spiral-RCA-PL 25116-UK-Ex/NM US $17.49 Buy It Now 19h 3m
JON AND VANGELIS 'I HEAR YOU NOW' UK 7" SINGLE US $1.60 Buy It Now 19h 17m
JON AND VANGELIS 'I'LL FIND MY WAY HOME' UK 7" SINGLE #2 US $1.60 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Orama: The Music of Vangelis by Vassilis Saleas (CD, Nov-1998, Koch... US $6.95 Buy It Now 19h 24m
Vangelis / Original Soundtrack - Bladerunner (CD 1994) US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 26m
Jon And Vangelis: I'll Find My Way Home / Beside 7" 45 NM Canada Polydor US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 36m
Jon and vangelis-i'll find my way home.7" US $6.46 Buy It Now 19h 49m
VANGELIS 'CHARIOTS OF FIRE' UK 7" SINGLE #6 US $1.60 Buy It Now 19h 56m
VANGELIS 'CHARIOTS OF FIRE TITLES' UK 7" SINGLE #3 US $1.60 Buy It Now 19h 56m
VANGELIS 'CHARIOTS OF FIRE' UK 7" SINGLE #4 US $1.60 Buy It Now 19h 56m
VANGELIS 'CHARIOTS OF FIRE' UK 7" SINGLE #5 US $1.60 Buy It Now 19h 56m
JON AND VANGELIS ( THE FRIENDS OF MR. CAIRO ) 1981 ISSUED LP US $1.79 Buy It Now 20h 7m
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/ - ANTARCTICA [ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK/VANGELIS] - NEW CD US $9.69 Buy It Now 20h 34m
CASSETTE: JON & VANGELIS Friends of Mr Cairo POP SYNTH US $4.02 Buy It Now 20h 37m
VANGELIS Chariots Of Fire (Original Soundtrack) Lp US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
VANGELIS 'CHARIOTS OF FIRE' UK SOUNDTRACK LP US $11.29 Buy It Now 20h 54m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - JON AND VANGELIS - I'LL FIND MY WAY HOM - JV 1 US $11.29 Buy It Now 21h 2m
VANGELIS Voices 1995 EUROPEAN collectors CD single + rare german infosheet US $18.70 Buy It Now 21h 26m

More places to buy VANGELIS music online Buy VANGELIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANGELIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANGELIS Alexander ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(3%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

VANGELIS Alexander reviews

Review by Australian
3 stars Let's get one thing straight, I thought that the movie "Alexander" was a very average film and didn't properly explore the story. When I first saw the movie I felt disgusted and waited impatiently for it to end. I didn't at all listen to the music from it, I just hoped in vain that the film would some how get very good all of a sudden. I've never walked out of a cinema, or stoped watching a movie before save "Hero", but this film was very average.

It was only until very recently that I discovered the soundtrack to Alexander was in fact written by Vangelis, one of my favourite musicians. After much contemplation I purchased the soundtrack and tried to forget that it was written for a movie. On its own the soundtrack is fantastic, try to forget the film and if you haven't seen it then that's even better! By itself the album is far better than the movie and it gives an instrumental interpretation of the life of, and conquests of Alexander the Great.

The album is full of both beautiful and savage moments. The solo violin melody on "Roxane's Veil" is amazingly beautiful and as a whole the album is very nice. In particular "Across the Mountains" is cool. More aggressive moments pop-up in songs like "The Drums of Guagamela" and "The Charge" both of which are based around the same melody although there is some variation between the two.

While not quite up to scratch with "1492 - Conquest of Paradise","Alexander" became one of my favourite Vangelis albums. I have to admit though that this album is truly not progressive at all and is more orchestral and New-age based than anything else, as is most post eighties by Vangelis. In addition to this there is also a strong ethnic influence in the music. There is that element of Vangelis that makes the sound of an orchestra and choir unique in that he is able to make the instruments speak their message - if you know what I mean.

"Alexander" is quite an easy album to listen to as it is split-up into 18 shortish songs, opposed to what he did with "Heaven and Hell." I guess that was one of the many things that made that album different I suppose. SO basically you get around an hour of "conceptual" music which has something for most music fans.

1.Introduction(4/5) 2.Young Alexander (4/5) 3.Titans (4/5) 4.The Drums of Guagamela (4/5) 5.One Morning at Pella (4/5) 6.Roxane's Dance (4/5) 7.Eastern Path (4/5) 8.Gardens of Delight (3.5/5) 9.Roxane's Veil (5/5) 10.Bagoas' Dance (4/5) 11.The Charge (3.5/5) 12.Preparation (3.5/5) 13.Across the Mountains (5/5) 14.Chant (3/5) 15.Immortality (4/5) 16.Dream of Babylon (4/5) 17.Eternal Alexander (5/5) 18.Tender Memories (5/5) Total = 69.5 divided by 18 (number of songs) = 3.86 = 4 stars

Excellent addition to any (prog) music collection

To all of you who have seen "Alexander" and hated it I suggest that you forget you ever saw it and by this album. Treat it as though the story is new to you, in this way you may be able to enjoy the album more than the film. Take the cover CD booklet out of the CD case to help you forget for god sakes. I'd recommend this album to fans of new-age Vangelis, just don't expect something like "Heaven and Hell."

Send comments to Australian (BETA) | Report this review (#100290) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 24, 2006

Review by richardh
2 stars Quite dreary album that insults Vangelis capabalities as a composer.I would struggle to say anything positive except about this.Ok I'll try...well played and well produced Vangelis 'stuff' that is truly for fans and collectors only.Hope the sales helped pay a few bills at least but considering the film did so badly on release I doubt whether it will be sufficient to keep his family warm but for a few days only during a cold winter.1.75 stars.

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#110782) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 05, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars If you have read some prior of my reviews from this good artist, you have noticed that his production since the nineties couldn't thrilled me a lot.

I would lie to tell you anything different with this soundtrack. I quite liked the movie (because I am highly interested in history) but when I was listening to the music without the support of the images, I have to recognize that there are little to be impressed during this "Alexander".

Some tribal sounds with "The Drums Of Gaugamela", some very sweet moments during "One Morning At Pella".

The theme of the movie is of course represented in the music, and there are several tracks that do hold some Oriental feel ("Roxane's Dance", "Eastern Path" and a couple more). But to be honest, this is not adding a lot of interest to this album.

This work is a long and dull experience as far as I am concerned. No track features an enjoyable melody, there are no powerful moments, no interesting track as such. As I have said previously, you should just watch the movie to put the music into its context, but no more.

Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#307291) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010

3 stars This is the first composition of Vangelis' in over ten years to not somehow exceed its predecessor, and it thus breaks the great run he had throughout the 90s. At the same time, the music here is still excellent and way above most other offerings. It stands up to Mythodea better than I would ... (read more)

Report this review (#295279) | Posted by Progosopher | Thursday, August 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VANGELIS "Alexander"