JAG ÄR TIDEN

Landberk

Landberk Jag är tiden album cover

Buy LANDBERK Music

- Reine Fiske / guitar
- Stefan Dimle / bass
- Simon Nordberg / keyboards
- Jonas Lidholm / drums

LANDBERK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LANDBERK Jag är tiden Music

More places to buy LANDBERK music online Buy LANDBERK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LANDBERK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LANDBERK Jag är tiden ratings distribution

LANDBERK Jag är tiden reviews

Review by Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars You can find three Landberk songs sung in Swedish from this small CD, continuing the releasing policy of making different studio takes with both Swedish and English lyrics. Two of these compositions are also on their "One Man Tells Another" album; "Jag Är Tiden" ("Time") with really anxious descending melodies and troubled thoughts, and "Du Är" ("You Are"), a minor ballad turning in agony for the other direction grasping for non-existing help. Both very good, but the versions on the long player album still spin more dearer to me. The previously unreleased track "Marie & Anna" is really laid back gem here, possibly relating to the smoking themed pictures the band used also on the "One Man Tells Another" longplayer. If you understand Swedish, it might be interesting to compare how these lyrics differ from the English versions. Also if found with moderate price, the new track released here is an essential addition to a complete Landberk discography.

Send comments to Eetu Pellonpää (BETA) | Report this review (#4313) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 31, 2005

4 stars This EP "Jag Ar Tiden" came out the same year as "One Man Tells Another" in 1994. Two of the three songs on this EP are on that studio album which was sung entirely in English, while the songs on this EP are sung in Swedish.

The first song "Jag Ar Tiden" ("Time" on "One Man Tells Another") is one of my all time favourite songs. It stands out from their early body of work because it's so upbeat.The guitar is strummed aggressively and at a fairly high pitch, while the singing, although not strained, is at a higher pitch than normal, and done so with passion. I love this song even if I don't understand the words.The last 2 songs sound like typical Landberk. "Marie & Anna" opens with drums that are joined quickly by bass then guitar. Vocals before a minute. Organ 2 minutes in. It sounds very Swedish before 4 minutes, like ANEKDOTEN. Some fairly powerful organ 5 1/2 minutes in to end it.

"Du Dar" (The Swedish version of "You Are" from "One Man Tells Another") opens with an intricate guitar melody as vocals join in.This is melancholic as bass and drums join in around a minute.Themes are repeated. Great sound 3 minutes in. Some nice bass after 4 minutes, while we get some scorching guitar a minute later.

I have the "Lonely Land" record, and LANDBERK's music tends to be about creating a grey atmosphere, like looking at black and white photos. Scandanavian Folk music (which isn't for everyone as you probably can tell by the ratings of their records) is about telling stories, creating a mood, and not usually a happy one. (Ha ha). This EP has mellotron on all three tracks by the way.

If you can get this EP don't even think twice just get it !

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#89068) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Swedish progressive rock bands often show their love for KING CRIMSON and LANDBERK is one of them.I don't have to write much about this EP since it contains three tracks and these tracks are the only ones I've ever heard by this band so there is no comparisons with other albums etc...I think the best description for the sound of the band is a lighter, more modern and less dark version of ANEKDOTEN...good vocals, mellow musicianship and KING CRIMSON-esque atmosphere is what you will get from this album...I would like ti listen to a full studio album by LANDBERK for further reviews and a more fair critic...Recommended...

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#171182) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 16, 2008

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars A mixed bag even for the Swedish-speaking population.

I haven't actually began exploring Landberk until recently, even though they are my countrymen and have been around for quite some time now. This three track EP was in fact my introduction to the band and features Landberk performing some of the tracks off One Man Tells Another in their native language. Both Jag Är Tiden and Du Är are easily the highlights here, which might explain why they both of the compositions made it two the full length studio album. Still, I can't say that the Swedish vocals bring anything worth a while to the already well-known compositions, except maybe for the fact that Jag Är Tiden roughly translates to I Am The Time and not Time, as it's titled in English.

Some might argue that the native vocals make these songs more personal since Patric Helje is known for having a dialect whenever he performs in English. Unfortunately, all the pros are overshadows by the fact that the Swedish lyrics are just hideous whenever I actively try listening to them. The most extreme example comes on the song Marie & Anna, which does have a nice groove to it whenever I completely ignore the lyrical context.

Landberk haven't exactly made me excited about their work after hearing this EP. I've certainly learned to avoid the band's Swedish speaking output, which probably means that I'll miss out on all the greatness featured on their debut release Riktigt Äkta, but I'm sure that my ears will thank me in the long run. Jag Är Tiden is a good, but non-essential piece of the mid-'90s prog revival that will probably be enjoyed by the fans of the era. Other will most certainly manage without it.

**** star songs: Jag Är Tiden (3:45) Du Är (6:05)

*** star songs: Marie & Anna (5:53)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#505262) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 18, 2011

Post a review of LANDBERK "Jag är tiden"