ELEKTRIK

King Crimson

King Crimson EleKtriK album cover

Buy KING CRIMSON Music
Live, released in 2003

1. Introductory Soundscape (5:05)
2. The Power To Believe I: (A Cappella) (0:42)
3. Level Five (7:22)
4. ProzaKc Blues (6:01)
5. EleKtrik (8:01)
6. Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With (4:15)
7. One Time (6:01)
8. Facts Of Life (5:29)
9. The Power To Believe II (Power Circle) (8:44)
10. Dangerous Curves (6:02)
11. Larks' Tongues In Aspic:Part IV (10:33)
12. The World's My Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum (6:31)

Search KING CRIMSON EleKtriK lyrics

Search KING CRIMSON EleKtriK tabs

- Adrian Belew / guitar, vocal
- Robert Fripp / guitar
- Trey Gunn / Warr guitar, fretless Warr guitar
- Pat Mastelotto / traps and buttons

CD DGM (live am 16.4.2003 / The King Crimson Collectors Club Special Edition)

Thanks to silentman for the addition
and to silentman for the last updates

Buy KING CRIMSON EleKtriK Music

CD starless and bibleblack ~ USD $11.23
CD the 21st century guide to king crimson vol. 2 ~ USD $37.72
LP the power to believe ~ USD $22.21
CD usa ~ USD $11.23

More places to buy KING CRIMSON music online Buy KING CRIMSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KING CRIMSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KING CRIMSON EleKtriK ratings distribution

KING CRIMSON EleKtriK reviews

4 stars If your a fan of "The Power To Believe" record you have to get this live recording. This was recorded when they toured Japan in 2003 and most of the songs are from that record with three songs from "The ConstruKction Of Light" and one from "Thrak". Almost 75 minutes of fantastic music and most of it is incredibly heavy.

It doesn't start off that way though with the "Introductory Soundscape" that has over 5 minutes of spacey music. After 4 minutes the crowd breaks out in applause, I believe they were moved as I was by the pure emotion that is delivered through those beautiful sounds. "The Power To Believe 1: (A Cappella)" is Adrian singing alone in this short intro tune. "Level Five" is a heavy duty song with some amazing guitar and percussion.The guitar is screaming after 5 minutes. "Prozakc Blues" from "The ConstruKction Of Light" is a humerous song with Adrian singing in a deep voice. More heaviness on this one as well. "EleKtriK" features some intricate and complex guitar and percussion that gets heavy 6 minutes in. "Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With" opens heavily with some incredible guitar 2 minutes in.

"One Time" is almost a refreshing break as this laid back song from the "Thrak" album is so smooth, warm and uplifting. "Facts Of Life" just smokes, it's so heavy ! "The Power To Believe II (Power Circle)" is kind of cool as the band brings in some Eastern sounds (hey, it's in Japan). There is a lot of atmosphere and spacey sounds that again are so moving. "Dangerous Curves" slowly builds to a hypnotic rhythm.This is a powerful song ! "Larks' Tongues In Aspic IV" and the final song "The World's My Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum" are both from "The ConstruKction Of Light" album. The first one is all about Fripp and the boys just flat out playing one of my favourite instrumentals from them,while the second concentrates more on the lyrics and Belew.

If you can find this cd I would get it because this album shows latter day CRIMSON at their best.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#128372) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 13, 2007

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars With Robert Fripp's reluctance to look backwards, a King Crimson concert from the new millenium will usually consist primarily of songs from the latest album. So on this album, recorded in 2003, we get mostly songs from The Power To Believe.

The album starts out slowly. At least they had the good sense to limit the Introductory Soundscape to five minutes, but it feels much longer. And The Power To Believe I comes off as Adrian Belew showing off a synthesizer effect.

The album hits it's stride with Level Five, and pretty much stays up through the end, with a slight dip at Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With (nowhere near as powerful as the studio version) and One Time (one of those Belew ballads). But the album ends on a high note, with a great spacy jam on The Power To Believe II through the closer, a raucous version of The World's My Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum.

Too good to be rated 3 stars, but not quite a 4 star album, I'll rate this 3.5 stars, rounded up.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#283266) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 24, 2010

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars In all the abundance of King Crimson live releases, this one is a must for fans of modern Crimson. The band delivers almost the entire Power to Believe album and the best tracks from The ContruKction of Light with a steaming intensity.

After the lush emotive Introductory Soundscape, Level Five strikes with a devastating blow. This is where Crimson teaches all metal bands a lesson in crushing heaviness. Belew's guitar is screaming on top of the heavy chromatic riffs from Fripp. Belew truly surprises with his raw vocal performance on ProzaKc Blues. I can understand most people fall for the choir-boy charm of Greg Lake, but Belew has proven to be a much more versatile and dependable vocalist.

Most tracks from Power to Believe can hardly be told apart from their studio originals. One Time from Thrak offers a slightly changed interpretation with delicate frippertronic soundscapes from Fripp. The concert closes with the two best tracks from the ContruKction of Light, making that album even less necessary for me.

An excellent concert but as usual with live albums, I feel a bit disappointed that most track stick too close to the originals. I find the DVD version of this concert (Eyes Wide Open), with its extra tracks and concert footage to be much livelier and generally the preferred live experience from this incarnation of Crimson.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#285549) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars This is a 1-CD edit of the first disc of a two-DVD concert set called Eyes Wide Open. The first disc of the DVD presents a concert the band did in Japan on the Power to Believe tour (the second disc of the DVD depicts a show from the ConstruKction of Light tour, and has the neat feature of choosing from a set of improvs at random when you watch it), and it shows the band as an impressive monster. It contains performances from all of Power except for "Eyes Wide Open" and the last two versions of the title track, and it's pretty amazing to observe the skill and creativity required to bring that material to life on stage. The band naturally sticks with material recorded by that quartet; the oldest the band chooses to go is "One Time," and the rest of the show is filled out with three ConstruKction numbers ("ProzaKc Blues," Larks 4" and the title track, not found on the CD) and "The Deception of the Thrush" (also not found on the CD). On the whole, I'd have to recommend that any fan of this era of the band watch that DVD at least once.

So why not a higher grade for the album? Because there's nothing at all revelatory about it, that's why. What made me enjoy Heavy ConstruKction so much was that (a) the ConstruKction of Light material sounded so much better on stage than on the album, and (b) the improvs managed to entertain me so much despite the fact that I don't especially care for purely improvised music (and definitely not through most of King Crimson's history). The Power to Believe material sounds terrific, but it already sounded terrific (and it sounds pretty much identical to the studio versions), and all of the other material (apart from Fripp's opening soundscape, which I quite enjoy as a walk-on introduction) could be found in equally entertaining form on Heavy ConstruKction. I really wish, with this album, they'd just bitten the bullet and made it a double, if only to include "The Deception of the Thrush," which was the one chance for the band to vary its performances on this tour. As is, well, I'd almost have to say that the band's immaculate technical skills work against them on this album; some clear struggle to replicate the material would have provided some needed variation.

Basically, this is another good example of my general adage that great live shows don't necessarily make great live albums. Look for it if you're curious, but again, I'd rather recommend the DVD.

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#733246) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 19, 2012

3 stars I'm not particulary atracted of this "american" incarnation of King Crimson. But this album shows us two aspects: first KC is a live band, their best is live and the energy they have live rarely was reflected in the studio albums. Second is that the new material, and previous material fro TCOL ... (read more)

Report this review (#45938) | Posted by | Wednesday, September 07, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KING CRIMSON "EleKtriK"