AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

Best ofBest of
EMI Europe Generic 2008
My Iron LungMy Iron Lung
Parlophone 1998
OTHER LIVES Tamer Animals LP Vinyl SEALED US OOP + LITHO 180G Radiohead BON IVER US $99.99 Buy It Now 39m 44s
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong - U.S. cd - RARE! Digipak US $5.95 Buy It Now 39m 58s
The Bends, Radiohead, Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 46m 16s
Phil Selway- Familial CD (Radiohead) NEW/SEALED US $10.90 Buy It Now 55m 17s
NME 2000 DEC 2 RADIOHEAD BLUR COLDPLAY MARILYN MANSON US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 5m
NME 2000 DEC 23/30 RADIOHEAD EMINEM OASIS MADONNA KELIS US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 5m
NME 2000 JUN 24 RADIOHEAD MOBY BASEMENT JAXX MUSE DOVES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 5m
NME 2001 FEB 24 HEARSAY EMINEM RADIOHEAD U2 OASIS KELIS US $19.22 Buy It Now 1h 6m
NME 2001 JUL 28 STEREOPHONICS RADIOHEAD MADONNA US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 6m
NME 2001 JUN 2 PULP RADIOHEAD LIMP BIZKIT S CLUB 7 US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 6m
NME 2001 SEP 15 LUDACRIS RADIOHEAD WHITE STRIPES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 6m
NME 2002 FEB 2 STROKES RADIOHEAD PINK HIVES OASIS US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 7m
NME 2002 FEB 9 STROKES OASIS RADIOHEAD U2 LOSTPROPHETS US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 7m
NME 2002 MAY 11 EMINEM COACHELLA RADIOHEAD SUEDE US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 8m
NME 2002 OCT 5 DATSUNS RADIOHEAD STROKES LIBERTINES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 8m
NME 2003 APR 5 WHITE STRIPES STROKES RADIOHEAD BEATLES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NME 2003 DEC 6 RADIOHEAD FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND VINES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NME 2003 FEB 15 OASIS COLDPLAY RADIOHEAD DATSUNS HIVES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NME 2003 FEB 8 WHITE STRIPES OASIS RADIOHEAD SIGHTS US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NME 2003 MAY 31 STROKES RADIOHEAD EMINEM DEFTONES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NME 2003 OCT 25 STROKES LIBERTINES RADIOHEAD JACK WHITE US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
NME 2004 FEB 14 RADIOHEAD STROKES COLDPLAY FRANZ KYLIE US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 10m
NME 2004 JAN 3 OASIS WHITE STRIPES RADIOHEAD LIBERTINES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 10m
NME 2004 MAR 20 RADIOHEAD AMY WINEHOUSE GUNS N ROSES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 10m
NME 2005 APR 23 COLDPLAY FRANZ FERDINAND RADIOHEAD US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 11m
NME 2005 NOV 12 WHITE STRIPES RADIOHEAD STROKES US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 11m
NME 2005 NOV 26 COLDPLAY FRANZ FERDINAND RADIOHEAD MUSE US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 11m
NME 2005 SEP 17 BLOC PARTY STROKES RADIOHEAD RAZORLIGHT US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 12m
NME 2006 APR 1 DIRTY PRETTY THINGS RADIOHEAD MORRISSEY US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 12m
NME 2006 AUG 19 RADIOHEAD ARCTIC MONKEYS KILLERS KEANE US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 12m
NME 2007 DEC 15 ARCTIC MONKEYS RADIOHEAD KLAXONS US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 13m
NME 2007 OCT 6 VERVE KLAXONS RADIOHEAD SEX PISTOLS US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Radiohead - Kid A-Collectors Edition CD WEA/PARLOPHONE US $24.61 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Amnesiac by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2001, Capitol) US $6.84 [0 bids]
Radiohead: KID A : CD US $4.56 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD - KID A... [ CD - 2000 ] US $0.32 [0 bids]
2h
COLDPLAY : A Rush of Blood to The Head (2008) VINYL RECORD : RADIOHEAD US $15.51 [6 bids]
Radiohead-magazine advert US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
RADIOHEAD - ROCKS GERMANY 2001, 2009 EU vinyl 2LP, NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
TIDES waiting for the day CD diy boston private u2 coldplay radiohead police US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 55m
RADIOHEAD-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.79 Buy It Now 3h
RADIOHEAD THE BENDS LP VINYL RECORD NEW US $30.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
ATOMS FOR PEACE Amok Deluxe Edition UK 180g vinyl 2LP + CD SEALED/NEW Radiohead US $96.18 Buy It Now 3h 53m
RADIOHEAD.THE BENDS US $3.19 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Go To Sleep - UK 1 Track Promo CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Radiohead - 2 + 2 = 5 - Deleted UK DVD US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Radiohead - 2 + 2 = 5 - Deleted 2003 3trk CD2 US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Radiohead - Go To Sleep - Scarce 6trk 2CD single set US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Radiohead - Airbag/ How Am I Driving? - Rare USA 7 Track CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 34m
"Clueless" - soundtrack CD 1995 (Radiohead, Muffs) US $5.49 Buy It Now 5h 39m
Karaoke - Coldplay and Radiohead CD US $7.45 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Radiohead-magazine advert US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief (2003) US $1.59 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Kid A (2000) US $1.59 [0 bids]
Radiohead Hail To The Thief JAPAN 2CD+DVD Limited Delux 4988006873155 New 83 US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h
Radiohead Pablo Honey JAPAN 2CD+DVD Limited 4988006871489 TOCP-70723 New 82 US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h
philip selway (radiohead) familial rare 10 track cd US $4.79 [0 bids]
Radiohead Interview CD US $5.60 Buy It Now 6h 21m
ROCKABYE BABY! LULLABY RENDITIONS OF RADIOHEAD [027297980020] - NEW CD US $16.94 Buy It Now 6h 22m
RADIOHEAD - LP 24 Carat Gold Disc - THE BENDS US $224.46 Buy It Now 6h 30m
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $3.00 [0 bids]
* RADIOHEAD - High & Dry [CD#2] [4 SONG EP] US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Paranoid Android [CD #2] [3 SONG EP] US $1.00 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - High & Dry: PLANET TELEX [4 SONG EP] CD 1 US $1.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Just [CD#2] [4 SONG EP] US $1.00 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Street Spirit [CD #2] [3 SONG EP ] US $1.00 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Paranoid Android [CD #1] [3 SONG EP] US $1.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Fake Plastic Trees[4 SONG EP] - CD 2 US $2.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Pyramid Song [3 TRACK EP] US $1.99 Buy It Now 7h 8m
* RADIOHEAD - Karma Police [CD #2} [3 SONG EP] US $1.00 Buy It Now 7h 8m
Radiohead - My Iron Lung (CD 2005) US $7.94 Buy It Now 7h 17m
RADIOHEAD 5 UK CDS MY IRON LUNG FAKE PLASTIC TREES PARANOID ANDROID KARMA POLICE US $8.00 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Pablo Honey (CD 1993) US $7.94 Buy It Now 7h 28m
TIBETAN FREEDOM CONCERT 3-CD BOX SET U2 RANCID R.E.M. PATTI SMITH RADIOHEAD BECK US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 29m
OK Computer - Radiohead CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Kid A - Radiohead CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
old Radiohead ticket Leicester Arena De Montfort University 2nd october 1994 US $32.05 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Pablo Honey - Radiohead CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Pyramid Song JAPAN CD OBI H455 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Gareth Malone's Voices - Voices (CD) Tracks By Erasure,Alicia Keys,Radiohead US $16.02 Buy It Now 7h 49m
RADIOHEAD - BENDS NEW CD US $22.77 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Radiohead - Bends - Music CD US $7.94 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Radiohead : Hail to the thief CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Radiohead - My Iron Lung - music cd album US $12.75 Buy It Now 7h 59m
RADIOHEAD 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/9380 US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h
RADIOHEAD - PABLO HONEY NEW CD US $18.09 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Philip Selway(Radiohead) - Famalial US $1.59 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Creep 7" 45RPM Philippines US $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
ARCHWAYS Lest We Forget (NEW CD Coldplay TOOL Radiohead US $8.49 Buy It Now 8h 8m
RADIOHEAD / pyramid song /JAPAN LTD US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 10m
RADIOHEAD / pyramid song /JAPAN LTD OBI US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 10m
RADIOHEAD Stop Whispering PROMO 7" 45RPM Philippines US $99.99 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Radiohead-Morning Mr Magpie / Bloom (plus remixes) US $20.76 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Radiohead - Best Of The (2008) US $6.33 Buy It Now 8h 26m
Radiohead(12"Vinyl)Fake Plastic Trees-Capitol-M/M US $15.79 Buy It Now 8h 29m

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and itīs the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If youīre a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. Iīll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Itīs always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isnīt essential. Airbag isnīt the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"