AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

My Iron LungMy Iron Lung
Parlophone 1998
Best of RadioheadBest of Radiohead
Parlophone 2008
PLASTIC MUTATIONS The Electronic Tribute To RADIOHEAD CD 2001 Vitamin Records US $3.99 Buy It Now 50m 54s
RADIOHEAD - PABLO HONEY (+DVD) (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $42.46 Buy It Now 55m 30s
Amnesiac by Radiohead *New Vinyl LP* US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
RADIOHEAD Optimistic 1 track Promo CD Single card sleeve US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 31m
DJ Shadow ?- Def Beat Remixes Vol. 8 2LP : Radiohead, UNKLE, Depeche Mode US $24.21 Buy It Now 2h 33m
THOM YORKE, RADIOHEAD SET OF 3 MINT STAMP STRIPS 1 US $17.36 Buy It Now 2h 50m
CD . Radiohead . My Iron Lung . US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Help - Warchild CD Oasis Radiohead Suede Blur Stone Roses US $13.71 Buy It Now 2h 52m
THOM YORKE, RADIOHEAD SET OF 3 MINT STAMP STRIPS 2 US $17.36 Buy It Now 2h 54m
RADIOHEAD_Okay Computer_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $8.90 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Radiohead - Jigsaw falling into place UK 7" US $16.13 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Radiohead Amnesiac 2000 Taiwan Ltd 11 Tracks CD RARE New Sealed W/Obi US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Radiohead - Live EP BELGIUM CD LIMITED VERY RARE US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Radiohead - Best Of Radiohead CD WEA/PARLOPHONE US $16.29 Buy It Now 4h 21m
POP IS DEAD? Essential Alternative Album 2 PHILIPPINES Tape MINT Radiohead EMF US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
RADIOHEAD Nude 7" NEW/MINT ORIG 2008 UK XLS 350 US $12.84 Buy It Now 5h
Radiohead - The King of Limbs VINYL LP NEW US $38.04 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Sk/um *I Pagu Fallsins - Resonant LP* Mum Sigur Ros Mogwai Radiohead Slowblow US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Pure Parlophone (16 Track Promo CD 1995) Blur, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, EMF US $4.83 Buy It Now 5h 26m
RADIOHEAD-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.83 Buy It Now 5h 35m
RADIOHEAD_Amnesiac_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $8.90 Buy It Now 5h 51m
RADIOHEAD_Pablo Honey_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $8.90 Buy It Now 5h 55m
RADIOHEAD In Rainbows Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $28.99 Buy It Now 6h
Radiohead - Pyramid Song - UK 1 track promo CD US $9.67 Buy It Now 6h 44m
ATOMS FOR PEACE DEFAULT RARE 2 TRACK DJ PROMO CD [THOM YORKE/RADIOHEAD] US $11.29 Buy It Now 6h 58m
Radiohead "Other Colors" BBC Italian LP 180 GRAM ORANGE WAX #d/100 made NM/NM US $20.69 Buy It Now 7h
AMOK - 2 x Slipmat - Atoms For Peace - Radiohead - Thom Yorke Rare US $29.07 Buy It Now 7h 16m
PIANO TRIBUTE TO RADIOHEAD - NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 7h 30m
ITALY import PLAN E Best Kept Secret CD+Bonus Video RADIOHEAD 2003 NEW Sealed US $9.88 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Radiohead - The Bends + OK Computer - RARE USA + IMPORT 2xCD LISTEN US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 43m
Kid A by Radiohead Limited Edition With Book US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h
RADIOHEAD THERE THERE CD Single 2003 Hail To The Thief Go To Sleep OK Computer US $0.79 [0 bids]
Radiohead "Other Colors" BBC Italian LP 500 MADE! Hand #d!! NM/NM(Thom Yorke) US $18.69 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Radiohead - Ok Computer - CDNODATA02 US $12.55 Buy It Now 8h 30m
Radiohead - Com Lag: 2+2=5 (ltd. Ed-Digi Pack) - 3934790 US $15.37 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Radiohead - OK Computer - music cd US $12.84 Buy It Now 8h 31m
RADIOHEAD - RADIOHEAD-A CLASSIC ALBUM.. - SIDVD509 US $21.04 Buy It Now 8h 33m
Radiohead- Airbag/How Am I Driving? - 8587012 US $12.85 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Radiohead- Hail To The Thief - 5845432 US $12.85 Buy It Now 8h 36m
Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill - XL 2006 - UK - New - Radiohead US $12.00 Buy It Now 8h 41m
RADIOHEAD - My Iron Lung - low price CD US $10.08 Buy It Now 8h 41m
RADIOHEAD - Hail To The Thief - CD US $10.50 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Radiohead Paranoid Android 1997 Japan 1St Press Sample CD Single US $23.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
Radiohead Hail To The Thief 2003 Japan 1St Press Sample CD SEALED! US $33.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
RADIOHEAD - CD Album Award - PABLO HONEY US $88.82 Buy It Now 8h 45m
Radiohead - Pyramid Song JAPAN CD OBI H455 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Itch 1994 Japan Only Sample CD SEALED!With Creep,You...Live Tracks US $33.99 Buy It Now 8h 47m
Radiohead - Amnesiac [CD New] US $14.95 Buy It Now 9h 9m
The Best of the Best '97 - Q CD - w/ U2, Blur, Radiohead, Portishead US $4.77 Buy It Now 9h 34m
RADIOHEAD - Kid A - gatefold 2x10" LP US $29.88 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Radiohead hail to the Thief Japan CD w/obi TOCP-660185 US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Radiohead There There. Japan CD TOCP-40161 US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
RADIOHEAD THE BENDS - OUT NOW THOM YORKE 1995 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT EX CON US $8.06 Buy It Now 9h 52m
RADIOHEAD - CD Album Award - OK COMPUTER US $88.82 Buy It Now 10h 59m
SWEET LITTLE BAND BABIES GO RADIOHEAD ARGENTINA NEW CD US $38.75 Buy It Now 10h 59m
RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS VINYL ALBUM US $30.67 Buy It Now 10h 59m
RADIOHEAD Pyramid Song 12" Vinyl US $28.99 Buy It Now 11h
Live-Throwing Copper CD bush, collective soul, metallica, radiohead US $3.99 [0 bids]
Hold Me to This: Christopher O'Riley Plays Radiohead (C US $23.50 Buy It Now 11h 10m
*NEW* RADIOHEAD - 'GO TO SLEEP' RARE 1-TRACK UK PROMO CD SINGLE US $8.06 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Coldplay Viva La Vida / Radiohead Creep 2008 Taiwan Promo CD US $12.68 Buy It Now 11h 29m
RADIOHEAD - Pablo Honey - CD US $10.90 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Radiohead - Paranoid Android CD1 - CD Single - 1997 - Thom Yorke US $1.60 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Kid A - 2 x 10" Vinyl LP *NEW & SEALED* US $41.97 Buy It Now 11h 59m
RADIOHEAD - NEW CD MP3 - DISCOGRAPHY US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 7m
RADIOHEAD In Rainbows / From The Basement CD+DVD JAPAN NEW US $59.97 Buy It Now 12h 8m
RADIOHEAD - OK Computer - limited gatefold 180 gram vinyl 2xLP US $38.76 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Radiohead - My Iron Lung (1994) CD US $4.02 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Radiohead - OK Computer (1997) CD US $4.34 Buy It Now 12h 36m
The Big Noise - Radiohead, REM, Coldplay, Chemical Brothers - music cd US $9.95 Buy It Now 12h 39m
RADIOHEAD - THE DOCUMENT (DVD+CD) - CDDVD09 US $18.43 Buy It Now 12h 41m
RADIOHEAD - PABLO HONEY - CDP7814092 US $8.64 Buy It Now 12h 49m
RADIOHEAD - KID A - CDKIDA1 US $12.85 Buy It Now 12h 50m
RADIOHEAD - THE BEST OF / THE BEST OF (DVD - 2429162 US $18.59 Buy It Now 12h 50m
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF - RHEADCD6 US $16.75 Buy It Now 12h 54m
RADIOHEAD - KID A - RHEADCD4 US $19.44 Buy It Now 12h 54m
RADIOHEAD - LIVE AT THE ASTORIA 27/5/94 - 4914189 US $21.01 Buy It Now 12h 55m
Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Radiohead - CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Amnesiac [Vinyl New] US $25.42 Buy It Now 12h 59m
"Q" MAGAZINE CD - BEST OF 2000 feat OASIS / MUSE / DOVES / RADIOHEAD / MOBY etc US $4.60 Buy It Now 13h
Radiohead. "I MIGHT BE WRONG" 2001 LIVE ALBUM digi pack cover US $4.83 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Pablo Honey (Sp.Edition Import) [CD New] US $32.04 Buy It Now 13h 8m
RADIOHEAD: Rocks Germany 2001 LP (Netherlands, 2 LPs, direct metal mastering) R US $30.00 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Radiohead PHILIP SELWAY By Some Miracle PROMO Radio DJ CD single 2010 MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Radiohead - Amnesiac (2001) US $4.83 [0 bids]
Radiohead - MY IRON LUNG Live CD 1994 US $4.83 [0 bids]
CD ALBUM Radiohead - Bends US $1.45 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD star profile AUDIO DOCUMENTARY IMPORT CD US $8.49 Buy It Now 14h 15m
RADIOHEAD Pablo Honey - VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! US $18.98 Buy It Now 14h 16m
CD ALBUM Radiohead - Bends US $1.45 [0 bids]
TOTAL GUITAR Rolling Stones~Paul Weller~Smiths~Radiohead~Korn~Les Paul~Blur CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 28m
UNBELIEVABLE TRUTH - Almost Here (1998) original lilac CD. Radiohead US $2.24 [0 bids]
I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol) US $4.50 Buy It Now 14h 40m
Radiohead - Bends LP 180g Vinyl NEW US $20.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
RADIOHEAD ~ ISRAEL FLYER HEBREW US $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 44m
JOB LOT ~ VARIOUS Q Promo 5xCDs Primal Scream, Oasis, Eels, Radiohead, Blur US $3.21 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD CHAIN NECKLACE PLECTRUM IN PACKAGING IDEAL GIFT PRESENT US $6.44 Buy It Now 14h 50m
Hollywood's Hottest Hits Volume 2 CD 1997 Radiohead Blondie Crowded House US $1.99 Buy It Now 15h 27m
radiohead there there uk cd single 2003 US $1.60 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Best Of [CD New] US $28.98 Buy It Now 16h 3m

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and itīs the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If youīre a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. Iīll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Itīs always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isnīt essential. Airbag isnīt the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"