AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

Vinyl$20.66
5 Album Set5 Album Set
Box set · Import
101 DISTRIBUTION 2012
Radiohead My Iron Lung 12" Vinyl Numbered Vinyl 4818 US $31.52 Buy It Now 34m 39s
RADIOHEAD AMNESIAC CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 50m 34s
RADIOHEAD AMNESIAC CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 50m 42s
RADIOHEAD HAIL TO THE THIEF CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 50m 50s
RADIOHEAD HAIL TO THE THIEF CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 50m 55s
RADIOHEAD KID A CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 51m 1s
RADIOHEAD KID A CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 51m 9s
RADIOHEAD OK COMPUTER CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 51m 16s
RADIOHEAD OK COMPUTER MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $218.50 Buy It Now 51m 22s
RADIOHEAD OK COMPUTER CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 51m 28s
RADIOHEAD PABLO HONEY CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 51m 36s
RADIOHEAD PABLO HONEY CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 51m 42s
RADIOHEAD PABLO HONEY MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $218.50 Buy It Now 51m 48s
RADIOHEAD THE BENDS CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 51m 55s
RADIOHEAD THE BENDS MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $218.50 Buy It Now 52m 2s
RADIOHEAD THE BENDS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 52m 7s
RADIOHEAD THE KING OF LIMBS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $151.26 Buy It Now 52m 13s
RADIOHEAD THE KING OF LIMBS CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $168.07 Buy It Now 52m 21s
THIS IS FORT APACHE LP ~w/Belly/Lemonheads/Dinosaur Jr/Billy Bragg/Radiohead US $16.79 Buy It Now 1h 4m
RADIOHEAD-THE KING OF LIMBS-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD F23 US $28.50 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Radiohead limited edition album boxset USB stick US $79.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD knives out HEBREW sticker ISRAEL PROMO SINGLE US $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
RADIOHEAD I MIGHT BE WRONG LIVE RECORDINGS CD most innovative, admired BRAND NEW US $9.29 Buy It Now 2h 20m
RADIOHEAD NEW STILL SEALED USA CD MINI ALBUM CAPITOL 1998 THOM YORKE US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 31m
SHINE VOL.10 indie rock 2 x CD 98 THE SEAHORSES TRAVIS RADIOHEAD REEF EMBRACE US $6.71 Buy It Now 2h 38m
ATOMS FOR PEACE - AMOK, ORG 2013 DELUXE EDN vinyl 2LP + CD, SEALED! RADIOHEAD US $57.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
ROMEO + JULIET - SOUNDTRACK Garbage Radiohead The Cardigans Butthole Surfers US $4.90 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Radiohead Just PT 2 (CD, Oct-2001, Emi/Chrysalis) US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Radiohead Poster Print by Wig US $6.71 [2 bids]
Radiohead There There Australian Limited CD With Bonus Mini Poster Up for grabs US $14.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Radiohead - Knives Out (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 3h 56m
RADIOHEAD THERE THERE *** CD SINGLE *** 3 TRACKS US $11.76 Buy It Now 3h 59m
RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS - LAMINATED PROMO POSTER US $13.03 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Thom Yorke - Radiohead - The Eraser - Laminated Promo Poster US $13.03 Buy It Now 4h 39m
RADIOHEAD CREEP AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE US $16.81 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief - CD Album US $5.60 Buy It Now 5h 5m
RADIOHEAD My Iron Lung CD BRAND NEW 8 Tracks US $9.52 Buy It Now 5h 21m
ATOMS FOR PEACE AMOK ILM 2xLP hand screen-printed 50 only *ULTRA RARE* Radiohead US $58.83 [10 bids]
ED O'BRIEN & THOM YORKE (Radiohead) - 2002 Magazine Poster US $7.56 Buy It Now 5h 45m
JAY-Z VS RADIOHEAD JAYDIOHEAD LP NEW MINT US $31.92 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Kid A by Radiohead (CD, Oct-2000, Capitol) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Interview US $4.14 Buy It Now 5h 57m
KROQ: Best of KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas CD HOLE Blink 182 Radiohead US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 8m
I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol) US $4.95 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF... [CD - 2003].. US $0.42 [0 bids]
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong - Live Recordings CD PROMO US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
My Iron Lung Radiohead CD US $9.26 Buy It Now 6h 43m
***I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol)*** US $1.99 [0 bids]
Prince, Paul McCartney, Radiohead, Travis, U2, Cher - Q Magazine - Awards 2001 - US $10.88 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Prince,Massive Attack,Keith Richards,Radiohead,R.E.M. - Q Magazine - Jan 1999 - US $10.29 Buy It Now 6h 48m
RADIOHEAD - OK COMPUTER [2 CD + DVD] (SEALED) $2.99 S&H US $27.49 Buy It Now 6h 50m
RADIOHEAD - PABLO HONEY [2 CD + DVD] (SEALED) $2.99 S&H US $27.49 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Radiohead - In Rainbows (CD 2007) NEW/SEALED CD (Digi Pack) US $15.40 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong (Live Recordings/Live Recording, 2001) US $6.27 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Radiohead Ok Computer Official Maxi Poster 61Cm X 91Cm US $11.75 Buy It Now 7h 15m
V.A. Acoustic w/Radiohead, Stereophonics, Coldplay, nick Drake new and sealed. US $9.95 [0 bids]
Ride ?Going Blank Again new 2 x LP OAR 0118 Sealed Nowhere Radiohead US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Radiohead - My Iron Lung [CD New] US $8.64 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Pablo Honey - Radiohead CD New ! Sealed ! US $6.93 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Kid A - Radiohead CD New ! Sealed ! US $6.93 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Universal Music Radiohead OK Computer first limited edition Rock CD Japan New US $102.90 Buy It Now 8h 54m
RADIOHEAD - Ok Computer CD 1997 Parlophone - RARE - UNITED KINGDOM OOP US $9.95 [0 bids]
Rare 1992 Radiohead "Creep" Cassette Single w/Un-released Track US $7.50 [0 bids]
EVENING - Other Victorians CD Lookout Records Radiohead Interpol Enon Blonde Red US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jamie Humphries Learn Radiohead Guitar Techniques DVD NEW! US $14.00 Buy It Now 9h 42m
RADIOHEAD Pyramid Song 1 Track Promo CD Single US $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 44m
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF NEW CD US $19.28 Buy It Now 9h 52m
10 CD lot of Radiohead, Beck, and other rock, all in very good condition. US $15.00 [0 bids]
Radiohead "Other Colors" BBC Italian RARE RED VINYL 100 MADE! NM/NM(Thom Yorke) US $21.69 Buy It Now 9h 59m
RADIOHEAD - RADIOHEAD ROCKS GERMANY 2001 - NEW CD BOXSET US $15.40 Buy It Now 10h 14m
radiohead limited edition 2x cd US $21.24 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Radiohead - Pyramid Song (SINGLE) *SEALED* US $13.29 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Radiohead - Anyone Can Play Guitar EXTREMELY RARE US PROMO US $9.99 [0 bids]
Nowhere by Original Soundtrack (CD, Mar-1997, Mercury) Marilyn Manson Radiohead US $4.95 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Radiohead - The Best Of Radiohead (2-CD's 2008) US $5.97 [2 bids]
Radiohead Hail To The Theif U.S. In House numbered promo cd Thom Yorke US $14.99 [0 bids]
11h
Anyone Can Play Radiohead: A Tribute to Radiohead by... US $3.99 Buy It Now 11h 2m
Radiohead - Planet Telex 12" PROMO (UK issue, unplayed Very RARE MiNT) US $16.79 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Kid A (2000) CD US $4.69 Buy It Now 12h 9m
RADIOHEAD X-POSED THE INTERVIEW CD *NEW* US $17.22 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Radiohead Just (For College) CD Promo Only UK Pressing Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $5.03 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Radiohead,The King Of Limbs US $33.60 Buy It Now 12h 21m
RADIOHEAD~Pablo Honey~CD~With Inserts~POP ROCK PROGRESSIVE ALTERNATIVE MUSIC~ US $6.95 Buy It Now 12h 52m
Radiohead - Airbag/How Am I Driving? [EP] [Limited] (CD, Capitol) US $0.50 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Hail To The Thief 14-track KOREAN Pressing CD Album KOREA 2003 RARE !! US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 7m
Thom Yorke - The Eraser - LP - Radiohead Atoms For Peace US $20.00 Buy It Now 13h 13m
Radiohead - Go To Sleep - 2003 U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $5.97 Buy It Now 13h 14m
Radiohead - There to There - 2003 U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $5.97 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Philip Selway Familial LP+CD indie radiohead US $22.95 Buy It Now 13h 37m
Radiohead Greatest Hits 2008 2CD Russian Edition Digipak SEALED US $19.94 Buy It Now 13h 37m
NME THE BIG BASH NOMINATIONS 2003 PROMO CD LIBERTINES COLDPLAY OASIS RADIOHEAD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Lp The King Of Limbs Sealed US $21.00 Buy It Now 13h 39m
RADIOHEAD - KID A - 2CD & 1DVD WITH DELUXE PACKAGING - FREE POST US $19.99 [1 bids]
14h
Strung Out On OK Computer The String Quartet Tribute To Radiohead cd Vitamin US $5.75 Buy It Now 14h 5m
radiohead limited edition 2x cd & dvd #2 US $21.25 Buy It Now 14h 19m
Radiohead HAIL TO THE THIEF 180g GATEFOLD New Sealed LIMITED EDITION Vinyl 2 LP US $23.50 [0 bids]
Radiohead ticket Shepherds Bush Empire 25/05/03 US $8.40 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Radiohead ticket Latitude festival Beccles 19/07/09 US $8.40 Buy It Now 14h 42m
OK Computer by Radiohead (CD, May-1997, Capitol) US $4.00 [1 bids]

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and itīs the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If youīre a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. Iīll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Itīs always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isnīt essential. Airbag isnīt the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"