AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

The Best ofThe Best of
Capitol 2008
I Might Be Wrong: Live RecordingsI Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings
Parlophone 2001
NEW & SEALED Jigsaw Falling Into Place by Radiohead (2008) - Single FREEPOST CD US $6.57 Buy It Now 50m 34s
Philip Selway / Radiohead / Japan Import / Bonus Track + 2 US $23.50 Buy It Now 57m 18s
Ultraista / Radiohead / Japan Bonus Tracks + 5 / Four tet,David Lynch Remix US $27.99 Buy It Now 57m 18s
Romeo + Juliet Movie Soundtrack Garbage Everclear Cardigans Radiohead Surfers US $1.94 [0 bids]
57m 46s
True Love Waits: Christopher O'Riley Plays Radiohead (CD, 2003, Odyssey) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Tribute - Piano Tribute To Radiohead [CD New] US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
RADIOHEAD HIGH & DRY VINYL 12" NEW SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RADIOHEAD KARMA POLICE 12" VINYL NEW SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RADIOHEAD PYRAMID SONG 12" VINYL SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RADIOHEAD MY IRON LUNG VINYL RECORD SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RADIOHEAD DRILL VINYL 12" RECORD NEW SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RADIOHEAD JUST 12" VINYL RECORD NEW SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 39m
RADIOHEAD PARANOID ANDROID VINYL NEW SEALED SLEEVE BENT US $21.93 Buy It Now 1h 41m
RADIOHEAD - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $25.31 Buy It Now 1h 59m
ADVANCE PROMO CD-RARE-RADIOHEAD-COLDPLAY-ARCTIC MONKEYS-COCO FREEMAN+U2-DIDO+VA US $3.00 [0 bids]
DJ PROMO CD-RADIOHEAD-R.E.M-QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE-LINKIN PARK-A PERFECT CIRCLE US $3.00 [0 bids]
HITMAKERS TOP 40 SAMPLER-PROMO CD-NEW-CATHY DENNIS-RADIOHEAD-SHAI-GENERAL GRANT+ US $3.00 [0 bids]
HITDISC 250B-PROMO CD-FOGHAT-DEFTONES-SEAN LENNON-RADIOHEAD-BUDDY GUY-BEN HARPER US $3.00 [0 bids]
Go to Sleep [Single] by Radiohead (CD, Aug-2003, Emi/Parlophone) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead-Exit Music EP #1 12"-RARE COVER VERSIONS-FREE UK P&P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $10.11 Buy It Now 2h 55m
HITDISC 109B-1995-18 TRX.V/A UNPLAYED ROCK/URB PROMO CD-PINK FLOYD+RADIOHEAD US $3.29 [0 bids]
HITDISC 241B 16 TRKS.1998 UNPLAYED ROCK PROMO CD-RADIOHEAD+FUEL+ELLIOT SMITH+ US $3.29 [0 bids]
HITDISC 209B 18 TRKS.1997 UNPLAYED ROCK PROMO CD-MISFITS+OASIS+RADIOHEAD+BLUR US $3.29 [0 bids]
HITDISC 089B-1995-16 TRX.V/A UNPLAYED ROCK/URB.PROMO CD-RADIOHEAD+DANZIG+SEGER US $3.29 [0 bids]
3h
HITDISC 005B-1993-16 TRX.V/A UNPLAYED AOR/URB.PROMO CD-RADIOHEAD+PETE TOWNSHEND US $3.29 [0 bids]
3h
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $0.99 [1 bids]
Radiohead - The King Of Limbs (NEW CD) US $17.29 Buy It Now 3h 19m
I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol) US $4.95 [0 bids]
V.A. Acoustic w/Radiohead, Stereophonics, Coldplay, nick Drake new and sealed. US $9.95 [0 bids]
Sigur Ros Petta Er Island LP vinyl record godspeed you! black emperor radiohead US $35.95 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Radiohead OK Computer CD US $10.11 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Radiohead OK Computer Vinyl NEW SEALED US $11.50 [2 bids]
Radiohead - Kid A (2009) 2 CD SET NEW & SEALED WITH ALL ARTWORK US $6.67 [0 bids]
RARE OOP RADIO HEAD RADIOHEAD LIVE 2001 BOOT CD LOOK US $19.99 [0 bids]
Massive Attack Remix LP vinyl record sealed radiohead portishead bjork unkle US $25.95 Buy It Now 4h 34m
ZAPP 4 - WE SUCK YOUNG BLOOD: THE RADIOHEAD SONGBOOK NEW CD US $23.76 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Radiohead - In Rainbows (NEW CD) US $17.71 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Pablo Honey by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1993, Capitol) US $3.95 Buy It Now 5h 2m
RADIOHEAD - Creep 12" Vinyl Original Issue US $50.56 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Amnesiac by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2001, Capitol) US $3.49 [0 bids]
Amnesiac Quartet - Vol. 2-Tribute To Radiohead [CD New] US $27.99 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Radiohead - OK Computer NR MINT! 24HR POST!! US $7.58 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Radiohead - Kid A-from the vaults-LP/Vinyl/Record US $14.50 [11 bids]
Radiohead-Amnesiac-limited edition-from the vaults-LP/Vinyl/Record US $15.75 [9 bids]
JONNY GREENWOOD Bodysong Extras 7" Vinyl (Radiohead/Johnny) US $26.00 [0 bids]
`Noir Paranoic` RADIOHEAD Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.42 [0 bids]
`Zephyr` RADIOHEAD Art Print Typography Album Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.42 [0 bids]
PLASTIC MUTATIONS The Electronic Tribute To RADIOHEAD CD 2001 Vitamin Records US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Radiohead - In Rainbows [CD New] US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
RADIOHEAD Airbag / How Am I Driving 1998 USA ONLY MINI CD LP Thom Yorke US $6.67 Buy It Now 6h 33m
* RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS DIGIPAK US $5.50 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Beta Collide; Radiohead; Ba...-Beta Collide: Psst Psst! CD NEW US $14.31 Buy It Now 6h 47m
radiohead limited edition 2x cd & dvd #2 US $29.74 Buy It Now 6h 51m
radiohead limited edition 2x cd & dvd US $29.74 Buy It Now 6h 56m
RADIOHEAD - I Might Be Wrong - Live Recordings CD 2001 Parlophone Card Sleeve US $5.05 [0 bids]
MADONNA Die Another Day RADIOHEAD Street Spirit DJ TIESTO Mixes Record Trance US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h
Amnesiac [LP] by Radiohead (Vinyl, Apr-2006, Capitol/EMI Records) US $23.98 Buy It Now 7h 4m
OK Computer by Radiohead (CD, May-1997, Capitol) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead OK Computer 2008 Double LP Vinyl Alternative Experimental Rock New US $38.81 Buy It Now 7h 17m
RADIOHEAD «THE BENDS» CASSETTE VG (Made in Canada) PARLOPHONE US $6.00 [0 bids]
Radiohead ticket Valby Hallen Copenhagen 07/09/00 US $16.88 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket Birmingham NEC 19/11/97 US $13.51 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket Brighton Centre 14/09/97 US $13.51 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket Plaza Glasgow 27/09/94 US $33.77 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket University of London Union 12/05/93 #686 US $33.77 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket The Garage Glasgow 16/03/95 US $33.77 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket University of London Union 12/05/93 #335 US $33.77 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead ticket The Garage London 01/09/93 US $33.77 Buy It Now 7h 46m
RADIOHEAD - THE LOWDOWN [RADIOHEAD] [CD BOXSET] [2 DISCS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.36 Buy It Now 7h 48m
RADIOHEAD ITCH 1994 Japan EMI CD Live Tracks Thom Yorke TOCP-8285 US $11.73 Buy It Now 7h 56m
ATOMS FOR PEACE Amok 2013 AUSSIE PROMO POSTER ORIGINAL 42cm x 59cm RADIOHEAD US $18.58 Buy It Now 8h 5m
LAUNCH DIGITAL MAGAZINE CD-ROM 6 Issues- No Doubt Radiohead Goo Goo Dolls Live US $14.99 [0 bids]
My Iron Lung [EP] by Radiohead (CD, Aug-2003, Parlophone (UK)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Kid A by Radiohead (CD, Oct-2000, Capitol) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Hail to the Thief [PA] by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2003, Capitol) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Amnesiac by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2001, Capitol) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead, Karma Police, CD 1 Audio CD US $8.66 Buy It Now 9h 27m
cd: RADIOHEAD - COLLEGE KARMA EP 6 TRACK US $3.98 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Radiohead Lp The King Of Limbs Sealed US $21.00 Buy It Now 9h 34m
RADIOHEAD - OK Computer (UK 12 Track CD Album) US $5.89 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Radiohead-Go To Sleep (VG+ promo) US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Low "owL Remix" Org CD '98 Magnetic Fields Radiohead Albini Codeine Neotropic US $4.99 [0 bids]
American Music Club "Mercury" CD '93 Radiohead Eitzel Red House Painters Idaho US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of [US Limited Edition] by Radiohead  2 CDs   Minty CD  New Case   US $1.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Hail To The Thief Radio Head Thom Atoms For Peace Flea LP RHCP Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead, The Bends Audio CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 34m
CMJ New Music Vol 90 Feb 2001 CD 17trks Radiohead, Fatboy Slim, Garageland US $4.99 [0 bids]
Everyone into Position by Oceansize RADIOHEAD Porcupine Tree US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Amnesiac by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2001, Capitol) US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 47m
CMJ New Music Vol 56 April 1998 CD 18trks Radiohead, Foil, Foam, Swervedriver US $4.99 [0 bids]
Blur, Coldplay, Radiohead, James Blunt, Amy Winehouse, Sade - U.S. PROMO cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief SPECIAL EDITION CARDBOARD SLEEVE US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h
RADIOHEAD - College Karma EP - 6 Track PROMO CD Single - Digipack - Capitol US $3.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and it´s the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If you´re a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. I´ll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It´s always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isn´t essential. Airbag isn´t the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"