AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

The Best ofThe Best of
Capitol 2008
Best of RadioheadBest of Radiohead
Parlophone 2008
RARE PROMO Beck CD Mutations Nigel Godrich Radiohead DENGUE FEVER IMA Robot AFP US $8.00 Buy It Now 35m 28s
RARE PROMO ONLY Beck CD SEA CHANGE Sampler Golden Age +3 Radiohead IMA Robot ! US $6.00 Buy It Now 39m 41s
RADIOHEAD Amnesiac CD 2001 Capitol EMI US $6.00 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Hail To The Thief CD 2003 Capitol EMI US $6.00 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Kid A CD 2000 Capitol EMI US $6.00 [0 bids]
Hold Me to This - Plays Radiohead Christopher O'Riley German CD album (CDLP) US $19.26 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Radiohead High & Dry/Fake Plastic Trees/Planet Telex CD album (CDLP) AUS US $8.62 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Radiohead My Iron Lung Dutch CD single (CD5 / 5") 8818032 EMI 1994 US $18.26 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Radiohead Amnesiac UK CD album (CDLP) CDFHEIT45101 CAPITOL 2001 US $12.78 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Radiohead The Bends CD album (CDLP) UK CID8053 ISLAND 1996 US $30.72 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Radiohead Anyone Can Play Radiohead - A Tribute To Rad... CD (CDLP) USA US $37.37 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Radiohead High & Dry - Planet Telex CD 1... UK 2-CD single (Double CD single) US $50.92 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Radiohead Karma Police - reissue UK 2-CD single (Double CD single) CDODATA/S03 US $23.92 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead Go To Sleep CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRS6613 PARLOPHONE 2003 US $15.77 Buy It Now 1h 51m
No Surprises - reissue Radiohead 2-CD single (Double CD single) UK CDODATA/S04 US $15.15 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead 2+2=5 - Part 1 UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDR6623 PARLOPHONE 2003 US $11.12 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Street Spirit - 2nd Issue + Poster Radiohead UK 2-CD single (Double CD single) US $32.63 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Dub Tribute To Radiohead Radiohead CD album (CDLP) USA CD8905 VITAMIN 2006 US $14.94 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Strung Out On Kid A - String Quartet Tribute... Radiohead USA CD (CDLP) US $20.75 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead Com Lag 2+2=5 - Sealed Japanese CD album (CDLP) TOCP-66280 EMI US $53.98 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead 2-CD single (Double CD single) Fake Plastic Trees - reissue UK US $17.35 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead My Iron Lung - reissue UK 2-CD single (Double CD single) CDR/S6394 US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead Just - 2nd Issue CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRS6415 PARLOPHONE US $13.32 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Radiohead Creep - Sealed CD single (CD5 / 5") Japanese TOCP-8129 TOSHIBA EMI US $40.69 Buy It Now 1h 51m
ULTIMATE CHILL 2012-TWO CD SET-AUSTRALIA-RADIOHEAD-EMILI SANDE-DANDY US $12.13 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Triple j Hottest 100 Vol 5 2CD Radiohead Spiderbait Foo Fighters etc US $9.29 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Fake Plastic Trees - CD1 Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRS6411 PARLOPHONE US $14.60 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") Street Spirit Australian 8826532 PARLOPHONE US $40.69 Buy It Now 2h 14m
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $3.95 Buy It Now 2h 24m
RADIOHEAD+OK COMPUTER+KARMA+POSTER+AD+FRAMED+ORIGINAL+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING US $116.22 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Radiohead High & Dry/Planet Telex CD single (CD5 / 5") UK CDRS6405 PARLOPHONE US $15.60 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Radiohead Paranoid Android - Parts 1 & 2... 2-CD single (Double CD single) UK US $34.29 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Fake Plastic Trees Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") USA 7243858424-2 EMI 1995 US $40.69 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Radiohead Street Spirit - CD2 UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDR6419 PARLOPHONE 1996 US $20.34 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Anyone Can Play Guitar Radiohead UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDR6333 PARLOPHONE US $70.61 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") High & Dry / Planet Telex UK CDR6405 PARLOPHONE US $13.86 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Anyone Can Play Guitar Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") Australian 8812842 US $45.69 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Creep Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") Dutch 8809192 PARLOPHONE 1994 US $25.74 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Fake Plastic Trees Radiohead 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) USA 5099969353215 US $24.01 Buy It Now 2h 46m
2+2=5 [EP One] Radiohead USA 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 724355345912 US $31.48 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Philippines RADIOHEAD Creep, 7" 45rpm US $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
RADIOHEAD - THE BEST OF........, Brand New Not Sealed US $9.34 Buy It Now 2h 59m
RADIOHEAD - PABLO HONEY - Tape US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF CD SPECIAL EDITION US $29.89 [0 bids]
Pablo Honey by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1993, Capitol) US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
RADIOHEAD Just UK Part 1 CD single US $20.40 Buy It Now 4h 45m
I Might Be Wrong (Live Recordings), Radiohead, Very Good Live US $2.77 Buy It Now 4h 58m
RADIOHEAD - AMAZING AUSTIN - LP US $49.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead "Street Spirit" (Fade Out) CD1 & CD2; excellent cond; Parlophone 1995 US $29.91 [0 bids]
Radiohead "ITCH" very rare, superb condition, 8 track CD Mini Album US $26.58 [0 bids]
Radiohead "High & Dry/Planet Telex" CD1 & CD2; excellent cond; Parlophone 1995 US $29.91 [0 bids]
Radiohead "Just" CD1 & CD2 ~ rare; excellent condition US $29.91 [0 bids]
Radiohead "Fake Plastic Trees" CD1 & CD2; excellent condition; Parlophone 1995 US $29.91 [0 bids]
Misfits, Filter, Trio, Radiohead, Blur, Oasis, Jewel, Kami Lyle - U.S. PROMO cd US $11.23 Buy It Now 5h 39m
AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING? - RADIOHEAD US $3.74 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Pablo Honey by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1993, Capitol) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Paranoid Android CD 3 Track OZ Digipak US $5.60 Buy It Now 6h 56m
RADIOHEAD Just 1995 HOLLAND cardsleeve CD single US $25.50 Buy It Now 7h 9m
RADIOHEAD Karma Police 1997 HOLLAND CD single US $13.60 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Radiohead My Iron Lung - Original Gatefo... 2-CD single (Double CD single) UK US $24.34 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Radiohead Karma Police Australian CD single (CD5 / 5") 8841622 PARLOPHONE 1997 US $45.69 Buy It Now 7h 16m
2+2=5 - Two Plus Two Equals Five Radiohead 2-CD single (Double CD single) UK US $19.34 Buy It Now 7h 16m
RADIOHEAD_Hail To The Thief_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA US $9.34 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") Creep - 2nd Issue Digipack UK CDR6359 US $37.05 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Aftermath - The Radiohead EP - Blade Records 3x12" 2003 US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Radiohead Paranoid Android EP1 USA 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) US $31.48 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Radiohead 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) Street Spirit [Fade Out] USA US $25.25 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Just Radiohead USA 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 5099969353413 CAPITOL / EMI US $24.01 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Radiohead High & Dry / Planet Telex USA 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) US $24.01 Buy It Now 7h 29m
RADIOHEAD HAIL TO THE THIEF SPECIAL EDITION BRAND NEW SEALED ITEM QUICK SHIP US $19.95 Buy It Now 7h 31m
Radiohead Drill USA 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) 5099969354113 CAPITOL / EMI US $24.01 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Radiohead Karma Police EP1 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) USA 5099969353512 US $25.25 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RADIOHEAD_I Might Be Wrong_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA US $9.34 Buy It Now 7h 37m
RADIOHEAD EP CLEAR VINYL LIMITED EDITION-" CREEP " - R6359 US $6.73 [4 bids]
My Iron Lung Radiohead CD single (CD5 / 5") Dutch 831478-2 PARLOPHONE Sealed US $20.75 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Radiohead My Iron Lung - Cd1 UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDRS6394 PARLOPHONE 1994 US $44.01 Buy It Now 7h 46m
Radiohead Lucky UK cassette single GODMC135 GODISCS 1995 US $7.89 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Radiohead Kid A UK CD album (CDLP) CDKIDA1 PARLOPHONE US $20.77 Buy It Now 8h 6m
RADIOHEAD - PARANOID ANDROID - UK CD SINGLE - PART 2 US $3.31 Buy It Now 8h 7m
THOM YORKE (Radiohead) - Magazine Poster US $7.48 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Radiohead Pulse USA magazine MAG JULY 2001 TOWER 2001 US $12.21 Buy It Now 8h 22m
EMI Distribution Book Radiohead book USA DISTRIBUTION BOOK EMI US $38.96 Buy It Now 8h 22m
Radiohead The Bends Album 1995 Magazine Advert #2834 US $8.29 Buy It Now 8h 24m
Radiohead Street Spirit (Fade Out) Dutch 2-CD single (Double CD single) US $150.61 Buy It Now 8h 36m
RADIOHEAD (2CD) BEST OF w/BONUS CD ~ CREEP ~ 90's *NEW* US $19.65 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Radiohead 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) Feral UK TICK005 TICKER TAPE Sealed US $39.78 Buy It Now 8h 57m
Radiohead - Radiohead The Dvd Box NEW DVD US $28.07 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Radiohead Itch Tour Cd Japanese CD album (CDLP) TOCP-8285 TOSHIBA EMI 1994 US $37.37 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Pyramid Song Radiohead 2-CD single (Double CD single) UK CD/SFHEIT45102 EMI US $25.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
I Might Be Wrong Radiohead CD album (CDLP) UK CDFHEIT45104 EMI 2001 US $13.11 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief (CD) US $4.64 Buy It Now 9h
Radiohead : Amnesiac CD (2001) US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Radiohead Hits magazine USA ISSUE 849 HITS 2007 US $23.59 Buy It Now 9h 10m
Radiohead D'Angelo Sparklehorse Dubstar Q MAGAZINE 1996 PROMO CD Mmmm... 18trks! US $0.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Ok Computer UK CD album (CDLP) CDNODATA02 PARLOPHONE 1997 US $16.60 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Radiohead Airbag UK CD album (CDLP) MMPCD6 MUSIC PRIZE LTD 1997 US $11.30 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Radiohead TKOL RMX 1234567 Japanese 2 CD album (Double CD) HSE-60084 HOSTESS US $128.75 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Radiohead The Big Take Over - Issue 47 magazine USA VOLUME XXI NO.2 US $15.68 Buy It Now 9h 22m
BRITPOP AT THE BBC New + Sealed 3 CD Set Radiohead Oasis Blur Pulp Verve Suede US $13.27 Buy It Now 9h 28m
Radiohead Fake Plastic Trees CD 2 + Poster UK CD single (CD5 / 5") CDR6411 US $54.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and it´s the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If you´re a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. I´ll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars It´s always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isn´t essential. Airbag isn´t the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"