AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

My Iron LungMy Iron Lung
Parlophone 1998
Best of RadioheadBest of Radiohead
Parlophone 2008
Radiohead - KING OF LIMBS - US Little By Little Lotus Flower Codex Sealed LP New US $29.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Jigsaw Falling Into Place CD Maxi Single Thom Yorke US $4.99 [0 bids]
Thom Yorke Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses 12" Vinyl radiohead atoms for peace US $21.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead Supercollider / The Butcher 12" SEALED Record Store Day RSD RARE OOP US $14.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD- ROCKS LIVE IN GERMANY 2001- 2 CD DIGIPACK IMPORT SET- WORLD SHIPPING! US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
RADIOHEAD- AT THE BEACON THEATRE 2003-2 CD IMPORT DIGIPAK- WORLDWODE SHIPPING ! US $25.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
RADIOHEAD The Black Sessions 1995 THOM YORKE Live Paris US $37.25 [0 bids]
NEW! RADIOHEAD AMNESIAC CD [Limited Edition] [Limited] Jun-2001 LOW STARTING BID US $2.99 [4 bids]
Radiohead : Interview Disc CD (1997) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
RADIOHEAD KID A LIMITED EDITION NEW SEALED (CD, Oct-2000, Capitol) NEW! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Nowhere by Original Soundtrack (CD, Mar-1997, Mercury) Marilyn Manson Radiohead US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Radiohead There There / Paperbag Writer Rare 7' Promo Record USA Seller US $3.99 [0 bids]
Lamb 2 CD lot Self Titled S/T Fear of Fours RARE Promo CD portishead radiohead US $7.00 [0 bids]
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Q MAGAZINE CD - ESSENTIAL GLASTONBURY -MUSE - RADIOHEAD US $8.03 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD - REMYXOMATOSIS / SKTTERBRAIN - 2 Track Acetate ADVANCE DJ Promo REMIX US $66.90 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Radiohead - Go To Sleep/Gagging Orders/I Am A Wicked Child - SEALED U.S. cd US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h 36m
OK Computer by Radiohead (CD, May-1997, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead "Hail To The Theif" Double LP 12" 180 Gram Art Rock 2003 US $15.00 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Creep CD Single JAPANESE Four Track EP Yes I Am TOCP-8129 STILL SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong - Live Recordings - 2001 Capitol CD - Ships FREE! US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
18 CDs - Autechre, Radiohead, Tricky, tATu, KLF, Placebo, Air, Stereolab US $25.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD Airbag/Am I Driving (Deleted 1998 US-only 7-track mini CD USA US $4.37 Buy It Now 5h 4m
In Rainbows [Digipak] by Radiohead (CD, Jan-2008, ATO (USA)) US $11.69 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Pablo Honey by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1993, Capitol) US $11.69 Buy It Now 5h 22m
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $11.69 Buy It Now 5h 22m
RADIOHEAD "MY IRON LUNG (DJ-COPY, OBI, JAPAN ONLY SPECIAL EDITION) US $10.00 [1 bids]
RADIOHEAD Pablo Honey CD BRAND NEW US $9.90 Buy It Now 5h 24m
RADIOHEAD "COM LAG" (DJ-COPY, OBI, SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION) US $10.00 [1 bids]
TAR HEEL VOICES TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY 2002 CD A CAPPELLA THV UNC Radiohead U2 WHO US $5.21 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Ltd Ed RADIOHEAD At Ground Zero PROMO CD Music & Interviews RARE 800 copies only US $20.00 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD-THE BEST OF-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed C41 US $17.50 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Diplo MAJOR LAZER Lazers Never Die CD THOM YORKE Radiohead COLLIE BUDDZ M.I.A. US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Radiohead, The Best Of, 180 Gram 33rpm (Limited Edition) Sealed 4LP Set US $139.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
RADIOHEAD - KING OF LIMBS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $15.92 Buy It Now 7h 47m
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF NEW CD US $18.07 Buy It Now 7h 47m
RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS NEW CD US $18.07 Buy It Now 7h 47m
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $4.70 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS NEW VINYL US $25.98 Buy It Now 7h 56m
TRIPLE J HOTTEST 100 VOLUME 9-CDx2-RADIOHEAD-NIC CAVE-SUPERHEIST-WEEZER-GEORGE US $12.26 Buy It Now 8h 30m
This is Fort Apache LP Radiohead Sebadoh Billy Bragg Buffalo Tom The Lemonheads US $36.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF NEW CD US $18.79 Buy It Now 9h 18m
VITAMIN STRING QUARTET RADIOHEAD'S RAINBOWS / VAR NEW CD US $23.09 Buy It Now 9h 19m
RADIOHEAD - KID A (SPECIAL) (ED) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $41.75 Buy It Now 9h 22m
CD Album Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong (Live Recordings) [Live] US $6.41 Buy It Now 10h 9m
3 CDs:BABYLON ZOO THE BOYS... SUPERGRASS LIFE ON OTHER.. RADIOHEAD THE BENDS US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Lawrence University Jazz Ensemble - Radiohead Jazz Project CD US $23.83 Buy It Now 10h 33m
RADIOHEAD Best of Remixes Vol.2 12" NEW VINYL Modeselektor Four Tet Nathan Fake US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 35m
RADIOHEAD - SUPERCOLLIDER / THE BUTCHER - 12" P/S - RECORD STORE DAY (RSD) 2011 US $56.33 [0 bids]
THOM YORKE (Radiohead) - Magazine Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Radiohead - Amnesiac (2001) CD - Free Postage & Packaging! US $6.36 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Treat Her Right (Morphine) / Radiohead / Belly / LISTEN US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
RADIOHEAD - OK COMPUTER NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 11h 47m
Rare Thom Yorke Radiohead All For The Best 7" Vinyl US $8.05 [1 bids]
RADIOHEAD Amnesiac CD BRAND NEW US $11.19 Buy It Now 12h 6m
RADIOHEAD GO TO SLEEP CD 2 Single 2003 Hail To The Thief There There OK Computer US $0.79 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD THERE THERE CD Single 2003 Hail To The Thief Go To Sleep OK Computer US $0.79 [0 bids]
ANYONE CAN PLAY RADIOHEAD A Tribute CD 2001 album Miranda Sex Garden single US $0.79 [0 bids]
LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY JAZZ ENSEMBLE - RADIOHEAD JAZZ PROJECT NEW CD US $27.05 Buy It Now 12h 8m
RADIOHEAD - PYRAMID SONG PT 1 (LTD) (EP) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $18.76 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Radiohead - OK Computer CD US $3.50 Buy It Now 12h 35m
THOM YORKE (Radiohead) - Magazine Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 12h 38m
THOM YORKE (Radiohead) - Magazine Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 12h 39m
RADIOHEAD The Best Of 2CD BRAND NEW Greatest Hits US $14.84 Buy It Now 12h 44m
RADIOHEAD - 2+2=5 PT 1 (LTD) (EP) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $18.76 Buy It Now 12h 57m
WONKY VS. RADIOHEAD - STREET SPIRIT - NO LABEL WONKY001 W/LABEL UNOFF. RELEASE US $6.42 [0 bids]
Triple J Hottest 100 Vol. 1 2Cd - Bjork,Belly,Ween,Iggy Pop,Nick Cave,Radiohead US $26.25 Buy It Now 13h 31m
RADIOHEAD - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF MA) US $8.61 Buy It Now 13h 35m
RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS - LAMINATED PROMO POSTER US $12.21 Buy It Now 14h 9m
Radiohead - Australian Tour 2012 - Laminated Promo Tour Poster US $12.21 Buy It Now 14h 16m
RADIOHEAD " PYRAMID SONG " RARE 3 TRACK CD SINGLE CARD SLEEVE 2001 EXCELLENT US $4.81 Buy It Now 14h 22m
Thom Yorke - Radiohead - The Eraser - Laminated Promo Poster US $12.21 Buy It Now 14h 26m
ATOMS FOR PEACE Amok Deluxe Edition 180g vinyl 2LP + CD SEALED/NEW Radiohead US $105.44 Buy It Now 14h 41m
RADIOHEAD "Hail to the Thief" 2LP 2008 Capitol 180 Gram Vinyl Album New Sealed US $29.95 Buy It Now 14h 46m
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief (Collectors) NEW 2CD+DVD US $22.79 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Lot of 7DVD Robbie Williams,Radiohead,Placebo,Rooster,Joe Strummer US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 4m
Radiohead Street Spirit (fade Out) Cd1 Single With Poster In Vgc US $4.81 Buy It Now 15h 4m
JONNY GREENWOOD Norwegian Wood Soundtrack SEALED - FREE SHIPPING Radiohead US $8.00 Buy It Now 15h 22m
RADIOHEAD 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/6439 US $8.03 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Radiohead "Other Colors" BBC Italian LP 180 GRAM ORANGE WAX #d/100 made NM/NM US $20.69 Buy It Now 16h 57m
*NEW* RADIOHEAD - 'GO TO SLEEP' RARE 1-TRACK UK PROMO CD SINGLE US $8.03 Buy It Now 17h
High & Dry [Maxi Single] CD - Radiohead US $1.99 [1 bids]
RADIOHEAD INTERVIEW CD and 120 Page BOOK NEW US $4.81 Buy It Now 17h 25m
Christopher O'Riley Plays Radiohead CD Album True Love Waits Exit Music Karma Po US $4.81 Buy It Now 17h 29m
RADIOHEAD SOUNDGARDEN BLIND MELON CD ONLY BRAZIL 2010 MEGA RARE US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
TEARS FOR FEARS 1995 CD Single DIGIPACK RAOUL RADIOHEAD cover version US $4.81 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Spearhead / Radiohead / Mazzy Star / Morrissey / LISTEN US $8.99 Buy It Now 18h 14m
CD Single - Paranoid Android, Radiohead US $1.61 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD - MY IRON LUNG (CD) (REF E2) US $6.42 Buy It Now 18h 22m
RADIOHEAD - I MIGHT BE WRONG: LIVE RECORDINGS [724353661625] - NEW CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 53m
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief (Collector's Edition) [CD New] US $22.95 Buy It Now 18h 55m
Radiohead In Rainbows CD [Import] US $32.99 Buy It Now 19h 7m
RADIOHEAD-Lot of 2 vintage adverts US $4.81 Buy It Now 19h 20m
Radiohead - The Bends (1995) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $7.84 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Radiohead - OK Computer (1997) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $7.84 Buy It Now 19h 25m
***I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol)*** US $3.00 [0 bids]
Radiohead - Drill (1992 VG+/VG+ 12" vinyl EP) rare first release (1 of 3000) US $160.96 Buy It Now 19h 58m
CD ALBUM Radiohead - Bends US $1.45 [0 bids]
Hail To The Thief - Radiohead CD New ! Sealed ! US $9.90 Buy It Now 20h
`Noir Paranoic` RADIOHEAD Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.03 [1 bids]

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and itīs the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If youīre a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. Iīll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Itīs always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isnīt essential. Airbag isnīt the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"