AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING?

Buy RADIOHEAD Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1998

1. Airbag (4:46)
2. Pearly (3:33)
3. Meeting in the Aisle (3:09)
4. A Reminder (3:51)
5. Polyethylene (Parts One and Two) (4:22)
6. Melatonin (2:09)

- Jonny Greenwood / guitars and keyboards
- Ed O'Brien / guitar and vocals
- Phil Selway / drums

Capitol CD (1998)

Thanks to frenchie for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RADIOHEAD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
OK ComputerOK Computer
Hail To The ThiefHail To The Thief
Parlophone 2003
I Might Be Wrong: Live RecordingsI Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings
Parlophone 2001
Give Me Some Rock N Roll - Radiohead, Black Keys Santogold Dandy Warhol CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 47m 40s
I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001,EMI) US $2.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD "Give Up The Ghost/ TKOL / Bloom" 12" - Sealed! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
RADIOHEAD "Good Evening Mrs Magpie / Bloom" 12" - Sealed! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Radiohead Fake Plastic Trees (Cd single) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD "Feral / Morning Mr Magpie / Separator" 12" - Sealed! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RADIOHEAD "Morning Mr Magpie / Bloom / Bloom" 12" - Sealed! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
RADIOHEAD "Little By Litte / Lotus Flower" 12" - Sealed! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
OK Computer by Radiohead (CD, May-1997, Capitol) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
radiohead ok Computer/Texas Is The Reason/ Get Up Kids Eudora Vinyl Bundle US $70.00 [0 bids]
Radiohead, Primal Scream, Texas, Smash Mouth, Guided by Voices - U.S. PROMO 2 cd US $13.98 Buy It Now 1h 27m
RADIOHEAD GOOD EVENING MRS MAGPIE 12" 1500 ONLY US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Com Lag (2plus2isfive) by Radiohead (CD, Apr-2007, Capitol/EMI Records) US $2.99 [0 bids]
150 CD SINGLES LOT - DAVID BOWIE, NEIL YOUNG, NEW ORDER, RADIOHEAD-CD-CDS-CD LOT US $29.00 [16 bids]
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, 1995, EMI Odeon Parlophone) MADE IN ARGENTINA US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Radiohead, Cocteau Twins, Luscious Jackson, Blind Melon - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 58m
RADIOHEAD- THE BENDS US $3.50 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Radiohead: Pablo Honey 1992 US $0.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD PYRAMID SONG 4TRK SINGLE CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
RADIOHEAD PYRAMID SONG CARDBOARD 3TRK SINGLE CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Radiohead Pablo Honey Very Good+ CD US $2.79 Buy It Now 2h 18m
RADIOHEAD KNIVES OUT CARDBOARD 3TRK SINGLE CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
clueless limited edition cassette radiohead beastie boys supergrass the muffs US $19.99 [0 bids]
RARE Radiohead - The King of Limbs 2x 10" + CD Newspaper Bag edition (lp kid a US $55.00 [1 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS-Album Network Rock Tuneup 99 CD-R. Zander,Neil Young,Radiohead US $0.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD - Album Cover Longsleeve - T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $37.55 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Boy Krazy, Shai, Wailing Souls, Radiohead, Brian McKnight -U.S. PROMO cd - RAR US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 45m
OK Computer by Radiohead (CD, May-1997, Capitol) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SLIPCASED Radiohead - In Rainbows 2x 12" LP + CD (kid a the king of limbs dvd US $46.00 [2 bids]
3h
EVENING - Other Victorians CD Lookout Records Radiohead Interpol Enon Blonde Red US $6.99 [0 bids]
ROMEO AND JULIET-Radiohead-GAVIN FRIDAY-The Cardigans-BUTTHOLE SURFERS-Garbage US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 3m
NEW - Radiohead "Remyxomatosis" Vogel & "Sktterbrain" Four Tet Remixes 12" Vinyl US $99.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
RADIOHEAD PYRAMID SONG 1TRK PROMO CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
RADIOHEAD / knives out /JAPAN TOUR EDIT LTD OBI US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
RADIOHEAD / street spirit /UK LTD US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
RADIOHEAD / creep /JAPAN LTD OBI US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
RADIOHEAD: Morning Mr. Magpie (nathan Fake Rmx) / Bloom (harmonic 3i3 Rmx) / Bl US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
RADIOHEAD IN RAINBOWS JAPAN RELEASE CD NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
RADIOHEAD / pyramid song /JAPAN LTD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
RADIOHEAD / pyramid song /JAPAN LTD OBI US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
CATHERINE WHEEL Adam & Eve PROMO ADVANCE CD Alternative BRITPOP radiohead 1997 US $18.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
RADIOHEAD In Rainbows CD new and sealed -- Japanese release Japan US $21.99 [0 bids]
RADIOHEAD / knives out / JAPAN LTD CD OBI US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
RADIOHEAD There there. PROMO CD SINGLE Hail To The Thief THOM YORKE Edit 2003 US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
RADIOHEAD "PARANOID ANDROID EP1" SEALED! 180 GR. VINYL! US $13.99 [0 bids]
100% HITS VCD VIDEO CD JUKEBOX RADIOHEAD GREEN DAY SILVERCHAIR BECK BEASTIE BOYS US $6.56 Buy It Now 4h 48m
100% HITS VCD VIDEO CD JUKEBOX RADIOHEAD GREEN DAY SILVERCHAIR BECK BEASTIE BOYS US $6.56 [0 bids]
THE ALBUM COMPILATION DOUBLE CD - RADIOHEAD, ASH, DAFT PUNK, MUSE, etc... US $4.70 [0 bids]
Radiohead Hail To The Thief Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
Radiohead Pablo Honey Cassette New Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Radiohead OK Computer Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 57m
Radiohead The Bends Cassette New Seal OOP 3 USD Shipoing Registered Worldwide US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Triple J Hottest 100 Volume 1 - Tool, Ween, U2, Radiohead, Nick Cave (Vol) 2CD US $20.65 Buy It Now 7h 6m
RADIOHEAD ( BRAND NEW CD ) PABLO HONEY ( CREEP ) US $7.81 Buy It Now 7h 39m
RADIOHEAD - KING OF LIMBS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $25.29 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Radiohead - Karma Police 3 Track CD Single Digipak US $8.40 Buy It Now 7h 48m
UNKLE sealed 2LP Psyence Fiction MO WAX/london ORIGINAL radiohead THOM YORKE US $10.49 [2 bids]
RADIOHEAD - The Bends - 1995 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 8h 47m
RADIOHEAD - Magazine Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 9h 18m
Radiohead / TKOL RMX 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 / Japan Import / Bul-Spec CD / 2CD US $26.80 Buy It Now 9h 29m
THOM YORKE (Radiohead) - Magazine Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 9h 38m
RADIOHEAD - Magazine Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 9h 42m
Tribute To Radiohead - Strung Out On Kid A-String Quartet Tribute CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 9h 43m
Radiohead - There there. - Promo Only CD Single (DPRO 7087 6 17808 2 6) US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 3m
Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong (Live Recordings) (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $28.98 Buy It Now 10h 3m
GREATEST HITS ALBUM 2 CD CHER KIM WILDE RADIOHEAD B52'S BEACH BOYS + MORE US $6.10 Buy It Now 10h 5m
RADIOHEAD - KID A (2000 CD ALBUM) EXCELLENT CONDITION US $5.10 Buy It Now 10h 22m
EVERCLEAR,RADIOHEAD,CD,Ka-Boom! US $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 51m
Pablo Honey by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1993, Capitol) US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Radiohead : Hail to the Thief CD (2003) US $4.00 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Radiohead Street Spirit UK Limited 7" White Vinyl NM Thom Yorke Jonny Greenwood US $45.00 Buy It Now 11h 49m
ROMEO + JULIET - SOUNDTRACK Garbage Radiohead The Cardigans Butthole Surfers US $4.90 Buy It Now 11h 49m
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief - CD US $4.59 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Radiohead - Pablo Honey (1997) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.29 Buy It Now 12h 22m
RADIOHEAD - BEST OF CD ~ CREEP~KARMA POLICE ~ 90's INDIE POP ~ THOM YORKE *NEW* US $11.78 Buy It Now 12h 31m
RADIOHEAD - Pablo Honey DEBUT / Album Cassette Tape / Indie 1993 / 024 / US $11.92 Buy It Now 13h 29m
RADIOHEAD: Feral (lone Rmx) / Morning Mr. Magpie (pearson Sound Scavenger Rmx) US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 30m
ROMEO + JULIET[OST]: RADIOHEAD,EVERCLEAR,CARDIGANS,BUTTHOLE SURFERS,GARBAGE+ ECD US $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 15m
Radiohead The King Of Limbs 2011 UK 2 X 10" Clear Vinyl LP Newspaper CD Sealed US $150.00 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Modeselektor w/ Thom Yorke (RADIOHEAD) - This UK 7" US $17.04 Buy It Now 14h 31m
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $2.49 Buy It Now 14h 32m
RADIOHEAD ~ GO TO SLEEP ~ 2003 UK 1-TRACK PROMO CD ~ PARLOPHONE CDRDJ 6613 US $9.38 Buy It Now 14h 34m
RADIOHEAD - HAIL TO THE THIEF [PA] [724358454321] - NEW CD US $5.90 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Radiohead LOT of 6 Special Collector's Edition: Pablo Honey, The Bends, OK Comp US $250.00 Buy It Now 15h 15m
JULIAN FANE - Special Forces (Planet Mu CD 2004) Sigur Rós Dntel M83 Radiohead US $5.10 Buy It Now 15h 30m
RADIOHEAD Hail to the Thief CD US $1.04 [2 bids]
Radiohead Paranoid Android import japan 4 tracks US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 2m
The Bends by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1995, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Amnesiac by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2001, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings by Radiohead (CD, Nov-2001, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
The King of Limbs [Digipak] by Radiohead (CD, Mar-2011, TBD Records) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Pablo Honey by Radiohead (CD, Mar-1993, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Kid A by Radiohead (CD, Oct-2000, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
17h
Radiohead Kid A Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING REGISTERED WORLDWIDE US $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 5m
Hail to the Thief by Radiohead (CD, Jun-2003, Capitol) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Lollapalooza 2008 Chrysalis Music Sampler Promo CD Radiohead Kanye West RARE/OOP US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 6m
Rainbows by Radiohead (CD, Jan-2008, ATO (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Radiohead I Might Be Wrong Live Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING WORLDWIDE US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief - Capitol/EMI - 2LP - 45rpm - Vinyl VG+ US $30.00 Buy It Now 17h 29m
RADIOHEAD - FAKE PLASTIC TREES PT 1 (LTD) (EP) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $20.12 Buy It Now 17h 34m

More places to buy RADIOHEAD music online Buy RADIOHEAD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RADIOHEAD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? ratings distribution

RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? reviews

Review by frenchie
4 stars This EP is very good. A Nice follow on to OK Computer, serving as a nice epilogue of B- Sides. "Palo Alto" and "Pearly" are standout pieces on this EP. None of the tracks quite match up to the songwriting skills on OK Computer but they are still excellent tracks. The best offering here is Polyethylene, one of my favourite Radiohead pieces. Part one is short acoustic intro that explodes into a much more distorted guitar based tune which is part two. This EP is definetly worth tracking down if you love Radiohead. I am rating this album 4 stars because it is an excellent EP to have, yet i would never consider it essential. The only EP that really is essential is probably "Tremulant" by The Mars Volta, if you loved Deloused in the Comatorium that is. Anyway, "Airbag/How Am I Driving" is one of the better Radiohead EP's out there, though i would say "I Might Be Wrong" is the best.

Send comments to frenchie (BETA) | Report this review (#35065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by FloydWright
4 stars I had the luck to pick this up at a used CD store very inexpensively and at risk of sounding cliched, it was a steal! Although I could not give it 5 stars because there is a sense of some promising ideas not quite developed as far as they could be (and as with many RADIOHEAD works, I wish it had come with lyrics because I can barely understand what's being said even though English is my native language!), I must say, what is there--is extremely beautiful, and I honestly consider this almost up there with the two albums it resembles the most. Stylistically, the album seems somewhere in between The Bends and OK Computer, although not quite "classifiable" as either.

"Meeting in the Aisle" is unlike anything I have ever heard from RADIOHEAD, and is to my mind the best track on the album. It has an electronic, almost world-beat kind of sound, and I admire the unusual scale and pitch bending used here, which gives it hints of Asia or the Middle East. This appealed very much to me as a fan of artists such as PINK FLOYD, RICK WRIGHT, and PETER GABRIEL, who seem to delight in intricately layered, synth and effect-heavy, unusual pieces. The other thing I appreciate...although one might tend to automatically think of it as dark, like almost all other RADIOHEAD pieces, this one has in my opinion room for interpretation by the listener. Most of the time I enjoy THOM YORKE's singing, but this was definitely one time where he was most effective by not singing--this song does not have to be melancholy. It can be if you want, but it can also be adventurous, exciting, mysterious, and even uplifting if you are not too put-off by the unusual scales. This is an overlooked gem!

"Airbag", of course, is an excellent track, which featured on OK Computer, where I think it was one of the standout tracks along with "Subterranean Homesick Alien", "Let Down", and "Climbing up the Walls". "Pearly": Some very interesting guitar tones from JONNY GREENWOOD here, and an entrancing rhythm that seems typical of the Bends/OK Computer era. Was not one of the major standouts, though.

"A Reminder": This track had an almost PINK FLOYD-like connotation; the ambient sound effects were reminiscent of many PF works, and the keyboard work sounds quite similar to RICK WRIGHT's ethereal Farfisa work typical of earlier albums such as More and Ummagumma. This immediately drew me in, and I very much enjoyed it.

"Polyethylene": Promising, but it had a raw, unfinished sound. I am wondering, though-- was this deliberate? It sounds remarkably like something from SYD BARRETT's The Madcap Laughs, where due to BARRETT's problems at the time, there were a lot of interruptions, abrupt changes in the music, and overheard comments from the studio. I especially like what this track turns into in Part 2, particularly the synth and the crisp percussion work.

"Melatonin": Beautiful, lyrical synth-string work here, very melancholy (perhaps the word the song's title is intended to evoke?). It has an almost yearning sound to it reminiscent of the end of "Street Spirit" ("Immerse your soul in love..."). I admit I cannot understand the lyrics, so I'm going on the tone of the music and voice alone. It actually becomes very uplifting. I like the way the bass and percussion are understated here--very effective with that synth work. This is one of the songs, though, that I wish were extended into a fuller piece, so it does indeed leave a sense of yearning, wanting something more that doesn't quite come. "Palo Alto": An enjoyable, rocking tune, but as with "Pearly", not a total standout from the rest of their work of that era.

All in all, a quality effort that I consider myself very lucky to have found, but its major flaw is that it leaves the listener wanting...where is the rest? It would certainly be nice to see some of these ideas extended, espeically "Meeting in the Aisle", "Melatonin", "A Reminder", and "Polyethylene".

Send comments to FloydWright (BETA) | Report this review (#35066) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 19, 2005

Review by memowakeman
3 stars This is another Radiohead`s EP, in this case, this EP is from Ok Computer Era, in some of the songs we can listen to that unique OK`s sound, also, the cover of the album is reminiscent to that album. Of course i cant say this is a prog EP, and EP of a prog band, all of us know that Radiohead is not a "convincent" progressive band, maybe Art Rock, i dont know, lets talk about this EP. The first song is Airbag, a well known song, the first song of OK Computer, a great song, with good guitars and great sound effects, a weir lyric i think, all the songs here are B- Sides but Airbag, then Pearly, i think it is the most special song of this EP, is great, good vocals, piano work is also good, the next song, is Meeting in the Aisle, if you havent heard any instrumental song, here you can find one, Radiohead is notknown for doing instumental pieces, there are a few , this is a good one, but it is not the best, only a good song for the album, the next song is A Reminder, this song is something like The Bends Ok Computer mix of styles, is slow, good, but not the best of the EP, then i have to do a special mention to Polyethylene , i think it is a beautiful song, if you are looking for progressive music, maybe this is not a good example, but you can give a chance to this song, its lenght is over 4 minutes, but here we can find Mellotron!, the song is a two part song, first part is only with voice and some soft sounds, the second is with all the instruments, good good song, Melatonin is another melhancolic, sad, soft song, it starts with the sound of keyboards, and then the beautiful Thom`s voice, then drums make their appereance, its a nice song, good atmosphere sound i think, and the last song is Palo Alto is another good song, one of the most well known B-Sides, it is not my favorite song, is good, but i have nothing more to say about it. Well, i really enjoy this EP, in fact now im listening to it, 25 minutes of good Radiohead work, i`d like to give it 4 stars, because it deserves at least 4 stars, but im going to give it only 3 because we`re talking about progressive rock, and this isnt a prog EP, of course it has prog passages, but only a few. A good suggestion for every Radiohead fan, and i will suggest it to all of you, give it a chance.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#75167) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 16, 2006

Review by UMUR
4 stars Airbag/How Am I Driving is an EP Radiohead released after releasing their groundbreaking album OK Computer. Having become big stars and selling millions of albums probably got the record company to push Radiohead into releasing something new in a hurry. In this case it was a good idea and this is not the kind of product were you sit thinking that it was done with the left hand. This is actually a very good EP. At times even better and more experimental than OK Computer.

The music is still rooted in nineties british rock with the normal rock instrumentation guitar, bass, drums and vocals as the dominant features. On OK Computer all sorts of odd and pleasant noises and keyboard notes foated around and itīs the same with Airbag/ How Am I Driving. These songs could be outtakes from the OK Computer sessions and if they are they are really strong outtakes. The only song which also appear on OK Computer is Airbag. The rest of the songs have not been released before which means you get six completely new Radiohead songs in the same quality as the songs on OK Computer.

The musicianship is good as you will know if you own OK Computer.

The production is similar pleasant and warm as it is on OK Computer.

If youīre a fan of OK Computer this EP has to be in your collection. I would like to see future issues of OK Computer including this EP as it would make the album even more complete. Iīll have to go with a 4 star rating because the songs are really of high quality.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#175556) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2008

4 stars I picked this up years ago in a record shop and it turned out to be a wise move. I've never been a huge RADIOHEAD fan but I still play "The Bends" , "OK Computer" and "Kid A" once in a while because they are all great albums. This particular EP was released after "OK Computer" in the USA and features B-sides from that album except for the opening track which was on that studio album. It's incredible to think how influencial this band has been even in the Post- Rock genre.

"Airbag" opens with some down and dirty guitar but later we get some Post-Rock styled guitar. A relentless beat as vocals cry out over top. Catchy stuff. It turns experimental after 3 1/2 minutes. Mellotron in this one too. "Pearly" features some raw sounding guitar as vocals drums and bass join in. Good tune. "Meeting In The Aisle" builds as a beat joins in. A cool sounding instrumental.

"A Reminder" opens with sampled voices before laid back music takes over. Vocals 1 1/2 minutes in. "Polyethylene (Parts One And Two) opens with reserved vocals and acoustic guitar. It kicks in at a minute. Nice. Mellotron in this one as well. "Melatonin" sounds like it has strings or mellotron in it as vocals and random drum patterns join in. "Palo Alto" opens with experimental sounds then kicks in but settles again quickly. It ends like it began.

If your a RADIOHEAD fan don't even hesitate this is a worthy addition to your collection.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#290418) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 15, 2010

4 stars As a lover of b-sides and rarities, this is my kind of record... It has those songs that couldn't be fitted on the album, or to independent for that album (a masterpiece to be said: OK COMPUTER), so, it shows a very dark and somber, sometimes ambient direction that in time was tamed by the band ... (read more)

Report this review (#142163) | Posted by arqwave | Thursday, October 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is a very strong EP from Radiohead. This collection of songs proves how Radiohead were writing a lot of strong material at the time of Ok Computer. But don't listen to this expecting Ok Computer 2. On many of the songs on this EP, the band were trying a lot of new things, and increasing t ... (read more)

Report this review (#84773) | Posted by Harry Hood | Tuesday, July 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Itīs always difficult to rate EPS because of its special status. We find here very good material but it isnīt essential. Airbag isnīt the best song in Ok computer but it is a good intro to any record 7,5/10 Pearly is a catchy song that still makes its best live (9/10) Meeting in the ais ... (read more)

Report this review (#62728) | Posted by tailsme | Sunday, January 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RADIOHEAD "Airbag/How Am I Driving?"