TERRA SERRANUM

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Lands End Terra Serranum album cover

Buy LANDS END Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Life As We Know It... (2:51)
2. The Revolution, Like Saturn, Devours Its Children (8:05)
3. For Reasons Unknown (5:49)
4. The Philosophy Of Containers (0:28)
5. Terra Surranum (12:47)
6. A Castle, Mother, Nanny And A Warm, Soft Bed (7:27)
7. Neptunes Last Tear (19:31)
8. Daura (2:12)
9. ...The End Of Life As We Know It (11:58)

Search LANDS END Terra Serranum lyrics

Search LANDS END Terra Serranum tabs

- Mark Lavallee / percussives, chocolate milk, Hammond organ, dulcimer, 12 string guitar on "Philosophy Of Containers"
- Francisco Neto / guitars, acoustic guitar, guitar synthesizer, celery & gravy
- Jeff McFarland / vocals, acoustic guitar, occasional electric guitar, vanilla malts
- Fred Hunter / bass guitar, Taurus pedals, organ, synthesizers, mellotron, stella, percussives on "Philosophy Of Containers"

Cyclops CYCL 024 (LECD3)

LANDS END MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LANDS END Terra Serranum Music

Audio CD$59.95 (used)
DrainageDrainage
Cyclops Records 1998
Audio CD$124.99 (used)

More places to buy LANDS END music online Buy LANDS END & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LANDS END DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LANDS END Terra Serranum ratings distribution

LANDS END Terra Serranum reviews

Review by Hibou
4 stars "Terra Serranum" is a step above the band's debut album "Pacific Coast Highway" and a fairly good match to their masterpiece "Natural Selection". It's hard to describe each of "Terra Serranum"s tracks individually because all of them feature many time changes and musical themes, and I lack the space to go into details. For example, after the quiet 2:51-minute intro, track 2 hits you right away with a floydian wall of sound but soon hooks you with some unexpected choppy beats, some entrancing guitar play over a background of keyboards and some cool, almost murmured vocals vaguely reminiscent of Mark Hollis - the contrast between their smoothness and the tightness of the music is fascinating. Like many others on the album, this track goes through a whole gamut of musical emotions and ends in an explosion of seering guitars and soaring keyboards.

The most interesting tracks are the longer ones (especially the title track) where the musicians are given the space to build on different themes, each blending ever so smoothly into one another. What amazes about "Terra Serranum" is its simplicity and the resulting overall, hallucinating effect. For a truly unique musical experience in psychedelia, immerse yourself into "Terra Serranum". It's prog from the bottom of the sea, full of wavy, lustrous, hidden treasures.

Send comments to Hibou (BETA) | Report this review (#4354) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 08, 2004

3 stars I found this record to be fairly average overall. I mean there are some beautiful instrumental moments, especially the Gilmour-like guitars.There is also a Pink Floyd vibe and we see that right away on the first song. The second song has a nice spacey intro, but the big let down for me are the vocals. At times they are a little off key and weak. And there is also a Neo-Prog feel at times, that I don't mind, I just didn't expect with a Pschedelic record.

For me the highlights are "Neptune's Last Tear" and "...The End Of Life As We Know It".

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#89521) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars The first « Lands End » album was a pleasant surprise. Their soft approach to space (or ocean?) rock was particularly pleasant. And since you never change a winning team, the mood will be very similar on "Terra Serranum".

Some great but too scarce guitar breaks are fully Gilmour oriented ("For Reason Unkown") and add a special style to their peaceful music. This album is probably less personal than "Pacific Coast Highway". Definite and pleasant "Genesis" inspiration during the title track ("Cinema Show").

Best parts of this album are the instrumental ones. I felt vocals a bit weak, uniform and dull at times. Numbers are at times too jam- oriented as well to my taste. My attention could hardly be kept throughout this lengthy album (over seventy minutes).

The longest piece "Neptune's Last Tear" changes so many time from mood, without much of a recurrent theme, that it sounds as a collection of short pieces without unity. Still, it is one of the most interesting songs. There is a part featuring some sorts of whale cries (at least it is what I can distinguish). This reminds me of "Crying For The Whale" album from "Abarax". These two bands have definite musical links. And since water and oceans are a major preoccupation for "Lands End" (where the ocean starts), I guess that this song is fully in-line with their philosophy.

I preferred though their debut album to this one: it is less intense, less structured and less melodic. Three stars and at times useful when you need a smooth break.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#151918) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Post a review of LANDS END "Terra Serranum"