THE ARTIST MANIFESTO: DOCUMENT 1

2. Going Back (5:20)
3. Art's End (4:52)

Search ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 lyrics

Search ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 tabs

- Alon / vocals, 6 & 12 string acoustic guitars, keyboards, M-Tron, EBow, programming & The Alonomorphic Control Station
- Kenny Jackson / drums
- Jim Hamilton of Alo Brazil / percussion (1)
- Shaun Patrick Callen / bass (2)
- Chico Huff / bass (1)
- Eileen Brady / vocals (1)
- Denise NeJame / vocals (2)
- Harrison McKay / Korg MS2000 keyboard (3)
- Scott Herzog / madness laughter (2)

CD Great Egg Music (2005)

Thanks to m@x for the addition
and to Desoc for the last updates

ALON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 Music

ALON 9035- DAVID REYNOLDS- TEARS IN MY EYES/CRY,CRY,CRY-EXCELLENT N`ALLINS DEEP US $49.99 [0 bids]
GEVA ALON - IN THE MORNING LIGHT - 105161925 US $17.79 Buy It Now 17h 20m
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER - 13013149 US $17.79 Buy It Now 17h 20m
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose 45 Never Gonna Be Alon US $2.00 Buy It Now 22h 29m
The Stokes 45rpm "The Fat Cat" & Banana Split" Alon Records 85-1306. US $4.45 Buy It Now 1 day
israeli hebrew instrumental 1990 LP-alon bor-marimba dream-nachum heiman songs US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ASSOCIATES (80'S GROUP) breakfast 7" limited edition pic disc b/w breakfast alon US $8.42 Buy It Now 2 days
(DJ490) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 2 days
(DH609) The Great Enlightenment, Geva Alon - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 2 days
FRANK SINATRA love's been good to me 7" solid centre label design b/w a man alon US $8.42 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN TRAVOLTA AND OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN you're the one that i want 7" b/w alon US $8.42 Buy It Now 3 days
KENT ALLAN what have i done 7" b/w too late for tears (9008) us alon US $8.42 Buy It Now 3 days
*NOLA ROCKIN' INSTROS* ~THE Night Hawks~ :: Rockin' Hawk:: on ALON 1962 ~HEAR~ US $14.99 [0 bids]
SKIP EASTERLING "Pennsylvania Coalyard Blues" b/w "Bandida Woman" ALON 9039 NM** US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ALON OLEARTCHIK Sung PRINCE in HEBREW ISRAELI LP UNDER CHERRY MOON US $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE NOLA SOUL ELDRIDGE HOLMES Popcorn pop pop ALON LISTEN US $35.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - WORDS BEYOND NEW CD US $21.48 Buy It Now 4 days
Geva Alon - In the Morning Light - 10 Track US $6.74 Buy It Now 4 days
Words Beyond (CD) by Alon Nechushtan US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MOSHE ALON CANTA PARA SU PUEBLO jewish hebrew ARGENTINA LP free shipping US $63.72 Buy It Now 5 days
GEVA ALON - COME RACE ME - 2011 PROMO CD SINGLE US $3.36 Buy It Now 5 days
12" PROMO ISRAELI HEBREW YELLOW LP Alon Oleartchik US $65.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Keating! Company B Original Cast Recording CD Album Casey Bennetto Alon Ilsar US $15.18 Buy It Now 5 days
Alon Nechushtan - Words Beyond [CD New] US $15.26 Buy It Now 5 days
2 VINTAGE GERMAN LP ALBUMS IN VERY GOOD COVER "HEINO FAHRTENLIEDER" TO SING ALON US $12.98 [0 bids]
GIL ALON SUNG JACQUES BREL IN HEBREW ISRAEL NEW CD US $80.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Nechushtan Alon - Words Beyond CD US $17.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Willie Harper ~45~ You're Gonna Pay ~ Alon 9003 US $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Alon Farber Hagiga Quintet - Exposure US $18.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Alon Farber Hagiga Sextet - Optimistc View US $18.50 Buy It Now 6 days
78RPM HMV B1642 Paul Whiteman, Until My Luck Comes Rolling Alon/Journey's End V- US $13.95 Buy It Now 6 days
(DH668) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 6 days
THE STOKES-Piecrust & Whipped Cream-Rarer Instrumental Funk Jazz 45-ALON #9019 US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALON YAVNAI - D.S. AL CODA NEW CD US $23.76 Buy It Now 7 days
Willie Harper "The Power of Love"/"You're Gonna Pay"Alon 9003 1960 Northern Soul US $17.50 Buy It Now 7 days
(DK968) Geva Alon, I See The Love - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS-FOR WHEN YOU`RE ALON CD NEW US $7.90 Buy It Now 8 days
WILLIE HARPER - Alon 9003- You're Gonna Pay / Power of Love - '61 SOUL DJ VG/VG+ US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
GEVA ALON - IN THE MORNING LIGHT NEW CD US $26.05 Buy It Now 8 days
RAABE,MAX-ONE CANNOT KISS ALON CD NEW US $18.42 Buy It Now 8 days
TWICE AS NICE going places 7" 3 track b/w follow me round and have you been alon US $26.10 Buy It Now 8 days
Michael English - In Christ Alon-Greates Hits [CD New] US $7.77 Buy It Now 8 days
(DO672) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 8 days
Zz/Various Artists - Best Of Worship V03 Grace Alon (2007) - Used - Compact US $0.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Geva Alon - In The Morning Light NEW CD US $14.82 Buy It Now 9 days
french israeli hebrew CD-jacques brel songs in hebrew-gil alon-OOP -sealed US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Geva Alon - Get Closer NEW CD US $14.82 Buy It Now 9 days
LADY OF THE GREEN by ARIANE LYDON - THE CD ALBUM Cacophony Cindy You're Not Alon US $5.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Michael English - In Christ Alon-Greates Hits CD US $11.69 Buy It Now 10 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - VENTURE BOUND NEW CD US $22.24 Buy It Now 10 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - RITUAL FIRE - NEW CD US $13.09 Buy It Now 10 days
ETTI ANKRI I CAN SEE IN YOUR EYES ALON OLERACHIC HEBREW ISRAEL ISRAELI ??? ????? US $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
(EF863) Geva Alon, In The Morning Light - 2012 CD US $5.23 Buy It Now 10 days
(EF864) Geva Alon, In The Morning Light - 2012 Sealed CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE STOKES - YOUNG MAN OLD MAN - ALON 45 - WLP - ALLEN TOUSSAINT US $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
NORTHERN GRP SOUL 45RPM RECORD - WILLIE HARPER - ALON 9006 - PROMO US $30.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Growl Alon Nechushtan Talat E450546 Very Good Audio CD US $8.25 Buy It Now 11 days
GEVA ALON - In The Morning Light. UK 10 track CD album (Buy 3 = Free P US $3.12 Buy It Now 11 days
Yavnai,Alon - D's Al Coda [CD New] US $15.91 Buy It Now 12 days
NORTHERN SOUL 45RPM RECORD - SKIP EASTERLING - ALON 9030 US $30.00 Buy It Now 12 days
ALON OLEARCHIK YELLOW COLOURED 12" HEBREW ISRAEL ISRAELI POOGY KAVERET US $50.00 Buy It Now 12 days
GEVA ALON I See The Love UK 1-trk promo test CD Neal Casal US $5.05 Buy It Now 12 days
(BU601) Geva Alon, Come Race Me - DJ CD US $4.64 Buy It Now 13 days
(DL193) Geva Alon, I See The Love - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 13 days
Yavnai Alon - Travel Notes NEW CD US $17.51 Buy It Now 13 days
(DX773) The Great Enlightenment, Geva Alon - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 13 days
(DT636) Geva Alon, I See The Love - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 14 days
Alon Yavnai - Travel Notes -OFFICIAL FULL PROMO- (CD 2008) 24HR POST US $6.82 Buy It Now 14 days
(CT406) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2012 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 14 days
(CL697) Geva Alon, The Wind Whispers - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 15 days
Skip Easterling - Pennsylvaina Coalyard Blues - Alon US $168.83 Buy It Now 15 days
Alon Yavnai - Travel Notes (NEW CD) US $20.66 Buy It Now 16 days
HAMSIN - Ephraim Shamir Alon Hillel Ohad Inger Rare Israel Hebrew rock Cassette US $19.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Shostakovich,D. - Shostakovich Film Series: Music From The Film Alon [CD New] US $13.35 Buy It Now 17 days
WILLIE HARPER But I couldn't Alon 9000 classic northern soul - 196? Listen US $28.70 Buy It Now 18 days
ALON OLEARTCHIK KAVERET POOGY ISRAELI HEBREW LP ???? ???????? ????? 1987 N/MINT US $60.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Various Artists-La Pinata: Spanish Sing-Alon CD NEW US $11.82 Buy It Now 18 days
Venture Bound - Nechushtan,Alon US $12.57 Buy It Now 18 days
(BV526) Geva Alon, Come Race Me - DJ CD US $4.64 Buy It Now 19 days
Israeli Music for Piano - Alon Goldstein New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.68 Buy It Now 19 days
Wolpe,S. - Str Qrt/Trio In Two Parts/Second Piece For Vn Alon [CD New] US $8.52 Buy It Now 19 days
78RPM Deluxe 3210 Paul Gayten, Gayten's Nightmare/Hard 2 Go through Life Alon sV US $12.95 Buy It Now 19 days
Northern soul WILLIE HARPER Cloudy Weather ALON M-.DJ Listen! US $30.00 Buy It Now 19 days
WILLIE HARPER ~ But I Couldn't/New Kind Of Love ~ northern soul 45 ~ ALON 9000 $ US $25.00 Buy It Now 20 days
WES MCGHEE thanks for the chicken LP 13 track double but sleeve has scratch alon US $8.42 Buy It Now 20 days
Geva Alon Get Closer 2009 Alternative Indie Rock Music CD Brand New US $20.24 Buy It Now 20 days
Ds Al Coda - Alon Yavnai New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $24.04 Buy It Now 20 days
Brecker Brothers - Electric Jazz Fusion Play-Alon [CD New] US $19.80 Buy It Now 20 days
Geva Alon In The Morning Light 2011 Alternative Indie Rock Music CD Brand New US $20.24 Buy It Now 21 days
Dub Mentor Love etc Promo CD Single Ft Karni Postel & Geva Alon US $5.05 Buy It Now 21 days
(CF608) Geva Alon, The Wind Whispers - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 22 days
(CF654) Geva Alon, Come Race Me - 2011 DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 22 days
Brecker Brothers - Electric Jazz Fusion Play-Alon CD US $19.81 Buy It Now 22 days
Nechushtan,Alon - Ritual Fire [CD New] US $16.10 Buy It Now 22 days
WILLIE HARPER - YOUR GONNA PAY - ALON US $13.51 Buy It Now 22 days
Ritual Fire - Alon Nechushtan New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Alon & Talat Nechushtan - Growl [CD New] US $13.19 Buy It Now 22 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN / TALAT - GROWL NEW CD US $21.87 Buy It Now 22 days
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER NEW CD US $26.05 Buy It Now 22 days
Rock Nm! 45 Jim Henson, Frank Oz - Never Before, Never Again / Movin' Right Alon US $5.00 Buy It Now 22 days

More places to buy ALON music online Buy ALON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 ratings distribution

ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars In three tracks, the artist extraordinaire ALON takes you through many worlds and atmospheres. He uses an incredible powerfully expressive voice to make his lyrics stick and music that is very much progressive in every sense of the word.

In a few seconds over 16 minutes, you will hear three tracks that will move you emotionally and sweep you away completely. "Art's End" reminded me so much of the Bowie/Eno period when Low came out, featuring a synthesized atmosphere with a catchy rhythm that does not let go. I was really getting off on the song and was hoping that it would continue, alas all good things must end.

ALON has a very hip website as well; it is a work of art in progress with a message from him about his music and the site for you to view. Everything about this artist is progressive and that is why I appreciate everything he does. So once again, I get only a taste. I have a feeling he is setting me up for an incredible full-length album that I will never forget.

Make sure you go to his site to check out some sound samples and listen to what he has to say. This artist has something to say so pay attention.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck-http://www.muzikreviews.com

May 26, 2005

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#35097) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 26, 2005

Review by Gatot
3 stars WOW! This is another form of prog music that is accessible to most ears, I would say. This is what I really love as a reviewer where I have to challenge and expose myself on different kinds, forms or styles of music. Is this record prog? Well, it does not seem to matter to me and probably to most of you (if you have listened to) as the experience that I have had listening to and enjoying this three-track EP is rewarding. For sure, I cannot categorize this kind of music under normal pop song as it has many musical elements that do not fit into any kind of pop song. Also, the music offered here gives us an excellent soundscapes. Listening to this record gives me a sort of enjoyment pleasure. The first spin of this CD I put it at my car stereo and I could feel different kind of ambient / atmosphere as it has wider dynamic range as compared to many other CDs that I have spun so far. When I reached home, I played it LOUD at my decent (even though mid-price) home stereo with B&W bookshelf speaker system, NAD amplification and NAD CD player. The result? Amazing!!! Yes, I reconfirm that this CD gives a much wider dynamic range with great musical ambience.

Who is the guy? It seems I'm not familiar with his name before. Well, sorry - I might not be pretty updated with prog development. For what I know from the official website and promotional material, Alon is a composer and singer from Drexel Hill in Pennsylvania. He offers three enjoyable tracks combining combine strong ambient soundscapes with psychedelic touch in a straight forward structure. He mixed the record through his own invention of "Alonomorphic Control Station". In a nutshell, his music can be categorized as art rock with heavy influence of psychedelic through the acoustic guitar style he delivers.

"Time Will Tell" is a song with solid rhythm base using acoustic guitar augmented with keyboard. With a solid bass line by Chico Huff this song provides a smooth flow of music with powerful vocal in relatively low (and a bit flat) register notes. The strings section enrich the textures of the song and it sometime provides an uplifting mood. Simply put, this is a very enjoyable track especially with the perfect mixing.

In "Going Back", Alon delivers his vocal in more aggressive way combined with the upbeat tempo of the music. This is probably what I would say like a modern rock music with groovy style - it's the kind of Cold Play music, I guess. Even though I do not really favor this song, I still consider that as a song it has been composed nicely. Through this song you may have complained about the progness of this track. I would agree with that if that is the case.

The EP concludes with "Art's End" that is basically represents Alon's manifestation of sounsdscapes exploration. So it's explorative in nature. As you might have guessed it starts off with programming effects with heavy bass and sound effects. The keyboard enters the music in long sustain notes that remind me to the work of Klaus Schulze or Edgar Froese (Tangerine Dream). Throughout the span of the music there are percussive loop that form as main rhythm section. Unfortunately it has a flat, monotonous structure that makes a bit boring to my ears.

This three-track EP has a good composition and delivered well by contributing musicians involved in this record. It is hoped that this album will have a follow-up with a full-length album.

Progressively yours,GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#38393) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 03, 2005

Post a review of ALON "The Artist Manifesto: Document 1"