THE ARTIST MANIFESTO: DOCUMENT 1

2. Going Back (5:20)
3. Art's End (4:52)

Search ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 lyrics

Search ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 tabs

- Alon / vocals, 6 & 12 string acoustic guitars, keyboards, M-Tron, EBow, programming & The Alonomorphic Control Station
- Kenny Jackson / drums
- Jim Hamilton of Alo Brazil / percussion (1)
- Shaun Patrick Callen / bass (2)
- Chico Huff / bass (1)
- Eileen Brady / vocals (1)
- Denise NeJame / vocals (2)
- Harrison McKay / Korg MS2000 keyboard (3)
- Scott Herzog / madness laughter (2)

CD Great Egg Music (2005)

Thanks to m@x for the addition
and to Desoc for the last updates

ALON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 Music

Northern Soul 45 Willie Harper "NEW KIND OF LOVE" ALON 9000 US $9.99 [0 bids]
ELVIS PRESLEY A LEGENDARY PERFORMER 3 Cassette Tape Set 1985 NOS Never Walk Alon US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 42m
(CF608) Geva Alon, The Wind Whispers - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 11h 27m
(CF654) Geva Alon, Come Race Me - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 11h 30m
Brecker Brothers - Electric Jazz Fusion Play-Alon CD US $19.81 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Alon Nechushtan - Ritual Fire [CD New] US $16.74 Buy It Now 21h 35m
WILLIE HARPER - YOUR GONNA PAY - ALON US $13.05 Buy It Now 23h 20m
The Stokes - The Fat Cat / Banana Split on ALON (DJ PROMO) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Alon Nechushtan & Talat - Growl [CD New] US $12.56 Buy It Now 1 day
ALON NECHUSHTAN / TALAT - GROWL NEW CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 1 day
KENT ALLAN (GIRL VOICE) ALON TEEN 45 RECORD #9008 VG++ US $2.99 [0 bids]
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER NEW CD US $25.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Nm! 45 Jim Henson, Frank Oz - Never Before, Never Again / Movin' Right Alon US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ALON NECHUSHTAN & TA - THE GROWL - NEW CD US $15.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Geva Alon - Get Closer [CD New] US $18.65 Buy It Now 2 days
The Growl - Alon Nechushtan New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.88 Buy It Now 2 days
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER [GEVA ALON] - NEW CD US $15.67 Buy It Now 2 days
ALON YAVNAI TRAVEL NOTES CD SEALED LW94 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Alon In Love Soundtrack KOREA CD *SEALED* RARE US $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Geva Alon - In The Morning Light [CD New] US $17.53 Buy It Now 3 days
WILLIE HARPER - "CLOUDY WEATHER" b/w "I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU" on ALON (VG++) US $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WILLIE HARPER - "POWER OF LOVE" b/w "YOU'RE GONNA PAY" on ALON (M-) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
WILLIE HARPER - "NEW KIND OF LOVE" b/w "BUT I COULDN'T" on ALON (VG++) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ALON YAVNAI - D.S. AL CODA [ALON YAVNAI] - NEW CD US $11.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Cool it Now / Cool it Now (Sing Alon) New Edition 45 7" MCA Record Disco1980's US $3.77 [0 bids]
inspirational soul 45 Norman Charles Climb Every Mountain You'll Never Walk Alon US $7.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Ray Parker Jr. 12" Single After Midnite/I Don't Think That Man Should Sleep Alon US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Geva Alon - Get Closer CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 3 days
D. Shostakovich - Shostakovich Film Series: Music From The Film Alon CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Alon Nechushtan - Ritual Fire CD US $18.33 Buy It Now 3 days
Alon Yavnai - Ds Al Coda CD US $19.69 Buy It Now 3 days
YAVNAI ALON - TRAVEL NOTES - OS510 US $21.09 Buy It Now 4 days
Geva Alon - In the Morning Light (2012) CD -NEW - FREE FASTPOST US $12.69 Buy It Now 4 days
Las Cantigas De Santa Maria: Songs and Instrumental Music From the Court of Alon US $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Nashville Bluegrass Band American Beauty Fiddlin' Bill Holiday Pickin' All Alon US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - RITUAL FIRE NEW CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 5 days
Venture Bound - Nechushtan,Alon New & Sealed CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 5 days
SKIP EASTERLING 45 Keep The Fire Burning ALON r&b northern soul US $8.00 [0 bids]
Alon & Talat Nechushtan - Growl CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 5 days
Alon Geva - In The Morning Light CD US $21.59 Buy It Now 5 days
SALSA cd Chappotin y sus estrellas BENNY MORE son 14 SENEN SUAREZ Pachito Alon US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
GEVA ALON "I See The Love" RARE 1-Track Promo CD US $6.51 [0 bids]
(DH161) Geva Alon, In The Morning Light - 2012 CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Yavnai Alon - Travel Notes NEW CD US $19.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Yavnai, Alon Shir Ahava CD US $8.98 Buy It Now 6 days
GEVA ALON - In The Morning Light. new UK 10 track CD album (Buy 3 = Free P US $3.18 Buy It Now 6 days
BONNIE TYLER holding out for a hero 7" 3 track b/w i can't leave your love alon US $8.14 Buy It Now 6 days
MENDELSSOHN:PIANO CTOS NOS 1 & 2/SYM BY GOLDSTEIN,ALON (CD) US $21.79 Buy It Now 7 days
New Beginnings by Alon Yavnai (CD, seaside) US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Jacques Brel sung in Hebrew by Gil Alon Rare OOP Israeli CD New US $200.00 Buy It Now 7 days
IDA MARIA quenn of the world 7" still sealed 3 track b/w everybody's always alon US $8.97 Buy It Now 7 days
Geva Alon - Get Closer (NEW CD) US $18.33 Buy It Now 8 days
Geva Alon - In The Morning Light (NEW CD) US $18.33 Buy It Now 8 days
MOSHE ALON LP VINYL RECORD ISMEJU IA RIBON IDISCH IDISH SCHWARZ FOLKSTIMIEJE US $9.97 Buy It Now 8 days
Zoey Van Goey - The Cage Was Unlocked All Alon (NEW CD) US $13.44 Buy It Now 8 days
Ritual Fire - Alon Nechushtan New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.00 Buy It Now 8 days
ASSOCIATES Breakfast 7" Picture Disc, Orig 1984 Ltd Edition, B/W Breakfast Alon US $11.40 Buy It Now 8 days
GEVA ALON - IN THE MORNING LIGHT - 105161925 US $17.19 Buy It Now 9 days
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER - 13013149 US $17.19 Buy It Now 9 days
Zoey Van Goey : The Cage Was Unlocked All Alon CD (2009) US $11.25 Buy It Now 9 days
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose 45 Never Gonna Be Alon US $2.00 Buy It Now 9 days
israeli hebrew instrumental 1990 LP-alon bor-marimba dream-nachum heiman songs US $25.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Alon Olearczyk (POOGY) ISRAELI HEBREW ROCK OOP CD ???? ??????'?? ???? ???? ???? US $25.00 Buy It Now 10 days
ALON OLEARTCHIK Shaashuei Keilu LP 1987 Made in Israel Vinyl Album BAN 15236 VG US $54.95 Buy It Now 10 days
ASSOCIATES (80'S GROUP) breakfast 7" limited edition pic disc b/w breakfast alon US $8.14 Buy It Now 10 days
(DJ490) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 11 days
(DH609) The Great Enlightenment, Geva Alon - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 11 days
Progress: Special Limited Edition - Take That New & Sealed CD BOX SET-STAND ALON US $33.35 Buy It Now 11 days
FRANK SINATRA love's been good to me 7" solid centre label design b/w a man alon US $8.14 Buy It Now 11 days
JOHN TRAVOLTA AND OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN you're the one that i want 7" b/w alon US $8.14 Buy It Now 12 days
SOUL 45 - WILLIE HARPER - BUT I COULDN'T / NEW KIND OF LOVE - ALON 9000 US $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
KENT ALLAN what have i done 7" b/w too late for tears (9008) us alon US $8.14 Buy It Now 12 days
SKIP EASTERLING "Pennsylvania Coalyard Blues" b/w "Bandida Woman" ALON 9039 NM** US $59.99 Buy It Now 12 days
RARE NOLA SOUL ELDRIDGE HOLMES Popcorn pop pop ALON LISTEN US $35.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Geva Alon - In the Morning Light - 10 Track US $6.51 Buy It Now 13 days
GEVA ALON - COME RACE ME - 2011 PROMO CD SINGLE US $3.25 Buy It Now 14 days
GIL ALON SUNG JACQUES BREL IN HEBREW ISRAEL NEW CD US $80.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Willie Harper ~45~ You're Gonna Pay ~ Alon 9003 US $14.95 Buy It Now 14 days
The Alon Farber Hagiga Quintet - Exposure US $18.50 Buy It Now 14 days
Alon Farber Hagiga Sextet - Optimistc View US $18.50 Buy It Now 15 days
78RPM HMV B1642 Paul Whiteman, Until My Luck Comes Rolling Alon/Journey's End V- US $13.95 Buy It Now 15 days
(DH668) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 15 days
Zz/Various Artists - Best Of Worship V03 Grace Alon (2007) - Used - Compact US $0.99 Buy It Now 15 days
ALON YAVNAI - D.S. AL CODA NEW CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 15 days
Willie Harper "The Power of Love"/"You're Gonna Pay"Alon 9003 1960 Northern Soul US $17.50 Buy It Now 16 days
(DK968) Geva Alon, I See The Love - 2012 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 16 days
VARIOUS-FOR WHEN YOU`RE ALON CD NEW US $7.90 Buy It Now 16 days
WILLIE HARPER - Alon 9003- You're Gonna Pay / Power of Love - '61 SOUL DJ VG/VG+ US $14.00 Buy It Now 16 days
GEVA ALON - IN THE MORNING LIGHT NEW CD US $25.05 Buy It Now 16 days
RAABE,MAX-ONE CANNOT KISS ALON CD NEW US $18.42 Buy It Now 16 days
Michael English - In Christ Alon-Greates Hits [CD New] US $7.76 Buy It Now 17 days
NEW Gorgeous Excursion Alon The Boulevard De by Compact Disc Book Free Shipping US $24.38 Buy It Now 17 days
THE STOKES: YOUNG MAN, OLD MAN & ONE MINT JULEP; ALON 9029 VG++ 45 RPM US $11.00 Buy It Now 17 days
(DO672) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2012 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 17 days
Geva Alon - In The Morning Light NEW CD US $14.32 Buy It Now 17 days
french israeli hebrew CD-jacques brel songs in hebrew-gil alon-OOP -sealed US $33.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Geva Alon - Get Closer NEW CD US $14.32 Buy It Now 18 days
LADY OF THE GREEN by ARIANE LYDON - THE CD ALBUM Cacophony Cindy You're Not Alon US $5.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Michael English - In Christ Alon-Greates Hits CD US $11.69 Buy It Now 18 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - VENTURE BOUND NEW CD US $21.39 Buy It Now 18 days

More places to buy ALON music online Buy ALON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 ratings distribution

ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars In three tracks, the artist extraordinaire ALON takes you through many worlds and atmospheres. He uses an incredible powerfully expressive voice to make his lyrics stick and music that is very much progressive in every sense of the word.

In a few seconds over 16 minutes, you will hear three tracks that will move you emotionally and sweep you away completely. "Art's End" reminded me so much of the Bowie/Eno period when Low came out, featuring a synthesized atmosphere with a catchy rhythm that does not let go. I was really getting off on the song and was hoping that it would continue, alas all good things must end.

ALON has a very hip website as well; it is a work of art in progress with a message from him about his music and the site for you to view. Everything about this artist is progressive and that is why I appreciate everything he does. So once again, I get only a taste. I have a feeling he is setting me up for an incredible full-length album that I will never forget.

Make sure you go to his site to check out some sound samples and listen to what he has to say. This artist has something to say so pay attention.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck-http://www.muzikreviews.com

May 26, 2005

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#35097) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 26, 2005

Review by Gatot
3 stars WOW! This is another form of prog music that is accessible to most ears, I would say. This is what I really love as a reviewer where I have to challenge and expose myself on different kinds, forms or styles of music. Is this record prog? Well, it does not seem to matter to me and probably to most of you (if you have listened to) as the experience that I have had listening to and enjoying this three-track EP is rewarding. For sure, I cannot categorize this kind of music under normal pop song as it has many musical elements that do not fit into any kind of pop song. Also, the music offered here gives us an excellent soundscapes. Listening to this record gives me a sort of enjoyment pleasure. The first spin of this CD I put it at my car stereo and I could feel different kind of ambient / atmosphere as it has wider dynamic range as compared to many other CDs that I have spun so far. When I reached home, I played it LOUD at my decent (even though mid-price) home stereo with B&W bookshelf speaker system, NAD amplification and NAD CD player. The result? Amazing!!! Yes, I reconfirm that this CD gives a much wider dynamic range with great musical ambience.

Who is the guy? It seems I'm not familiar with his name before. Well, sorry - I might not be pretty updated with prog development. For what I know from the official website and promotional material, Alon is a composer and singer from Drexel Hill in Pennsylvania. He offers three enjoyable tracks combining combine strong ambient soundscapes with psychedelic touch in a straight forward structure. He mixed the record through his own invention of "Alonomorphic Control Station". In a nutshell, his music can be categorized as art rock with heavy influence of psychedelic through the acoustic guitar style he delivers.

"Time Will Tell" is a song with solid rhythm base using acoustic guitar augmented with keyboard. With a solid bass line by Chico Huff this song provides a smooth flow of music with powerful vocal in relatively low (and a bit flat) register notes. The strings section enrich the textures of the song and it sometime provides an uplifting mood. Simply put, this is a very enjoyable track especially with the perfect mixing.

In "Going Back", Alon delivers his vocal in more aggressive way combined with the upbeat tempo of the music. This is probably what I would say like a modern rock music with groovy style - it's the kind of Cold Play music, I guess. Even though I do not really favor this song, I still consider that as a song it has been composed nicely. Through this song you may have complained about the progness of this track. I would agree with that if that is the case.

The EP concludes with "Art's End" that is basically represents Alon's manifestation of sounsdscapes exploration. So it's explorative in nature. As you might have guessed it starts off with programming effects with heavy bass and sound effects. The keyboard enters the music in long sustain notes that remind me to the work of Klaus Schulze or Edgar Froese (Tangerine Dream). Throughout the span of the music there are percussive loop that form as main rhythm section. Unfortunately it has a flat, monotonous structure that makes a bit boring to my ears.

This three-track EP has a good composition and delivered well by contributing musicians involved in this record. It is hoped that this album will have a follow-up with a full-length album.

Progressively yours,GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#38393) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 03, 2005

Post a review of ALON "The Artist Manifesto: Document 1"