THE ARTIST MANIFESTO: DOCUMENT 1

2. Going Back (5:20)
3. Art's End (4:52)

Search ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 lyrics

Search ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 tabs

- Alon / vocals, 6 & 12 string acoustic guitars, keyboards, M-Tron, EBow, programming & The Alonomorphic Control Station
- Kenny Jackson / drums
- Jim Hamilton of Alo Brazil / percussion (1)
- Shaun Patrick Callen / bass (2)
- Chico Huff / bass (1)
- Eileen Brady / vocals (1)
- Denise NeJame / vocals (2)
- Harrison McKay / Korg MS2000 keyboard (3)
- Scott Herzog / madness laughter (2)

CD Great Egg Music (2005)

Thanks to m@x for the addition
and to Desoc for the last updates

ALON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 Music

ALON,GEVA - GET CLOSER [CD NEW] US $13.75 Buy It Now 1 day
ALON YAVNAI TRAVEL NOTES CD SEALED LW94 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Geva Alon-In The Morning Light CD Good US $8.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Yavnai, Alon Travel Notes CD US $8.62 Buy It Now 2 days
Shostakovich,D. - Shostakovich Film Series: Music From The Film Alon [CD New] US $12.73 Buy It Now 2 days
D.S. Al Coda Alon Yavnai CD US $12.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Get Closer Geva Alon CD US $11.25 Buy It Now 3 days
ALON OLEARTCHIK KAVERET POOGY ISRAELI HEBREW LP ???? ???????? ????? 1987 N/MINT US $51.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Raabe,Max One Cannot Kiss Alon CD NEW US $16.45 Buy It Now 3 days
THE STOKES: YOUNG MAN, OLD MAN / ONE MINT JULEP - ALON RECORDS 45 - HEAR IT! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Wolpe,S. - Str Qrt/Trio In Two Parts/Second Piece For Vn Alon (CD New) US $6.04 Buy It Now 3 days
The Growl by Alon Nechushtan & Talat (CD Tzadik Records) John Zorn Klezmer Jazz US $1.99 [1 bids]
(BV526) Geva Alon, Come Race Me - DJ CD US $4.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Wolpe,S. - Str Qrt/Trio In Two Parts/Second Piece For Vn Alon [CD New] US $8.30 Buy It Now 4 days
78RPM Deluxe 3210 Paul Gayten, Gayten's Nightmare/Hard 2 Go through Life Alon sV US $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
WES MCGHEE thanks for the chicken LP 13 track double but sleeve has scratch alon US $8.39 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW EDITION Cool it Now / Cool it Now (Sing Alon) 45 RPM 1984 MCA Record 52455 US $1.25 Buy It Now 5 days
Geva Alon Get Closer 2009 Alternative Indie Rock Music CD Brand New US $20.15 Buy It Now 5 days
Geva Alon In The Morning Light 2011 Alternative Indie Rock Music CD Brand New US $20.15 Buy It Now 5 days
MOSHE ALON CANTA PARA SU PUEBLO jewish hebrew ARGENTINA LP free shipping US $65.14 Buy It Now 6 days
* WILLIE HARPER But I Couldn't/New Kind of Love NOLA NORTHERN SOUL R US $9.99 [0 bids]
NEW EDITION Cool it Now / Cool it Now (Sing Alon) 45 RPM 1984 MCA Record 52455 US $3.77 [0 bids]
(CF608) Geva Alon, The Wind Whispers - 2011 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 6 days
(CF654) Geva Alon, Come Race Me - 2011 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 6 days
Nechushtan,Alon - Ritual Fire [CD New] US $16.46 Buy It Now 7 days
WILLIE HARPER - YOUR GONNA PAY - ALON US $13.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Skip Easterling Alon 9034 Just One More Time b/w He's Got the Whole World 45 US $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER [GEVA ALON] - NEW CD US $15.13 Buy It Now 9 days
Alon Yavnai - Travel Notes (Music CD) US $29.97 Buy It Now 9 days
Alon In Love Soundtrack KOREA CD *SEALED* RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Alon,Geva - In The Morning Light [CD New] US $13.75 Buy It Now 9 days
WILLIE HARPER - "CLOUDY WEATHER" b/w "I'LL NEVER LEAVE YOU" on ALON (VG++) US $30.00 Buy It Now 9 days
WILLIE HARPER - "POWER OF LOVE" b/w "YOU'RE GONNA PAY" on ALON (M-) US $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
WILLIE HARPER - "NEW KIND OF LOVE" b/w "BUT I COULDN'T" on ALON (VG++) US $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Alon Yavnai - Travel Notes (NEW CD) US $20.57 Buy It Now 9 days
THE STOKES-Piecrust & Whipped Cream-Rarer Instrumental Funk Jazz 45-ALON #9019 US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALON YAVNAI - D.S. AL CODA [ALON YAVNAI] - NEW CD US $12.38 Buy It Now 9 days
Ray Parker Jr. 12" Single After Midnite/I Don't Think That Man Should Sleep Alon US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Ritual Fire Alon Nechushtan CD US $13.47 Buy It Now 10 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - WORDS BEYOND NEW CD US $21.58 Buy It Now 10 days
D. Shostakovich - Shostakovich Film Series: Music From The Film Alon CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 10 days
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER NEW CD US $26.17 Buy It Now 10 days
Alon Nechushtan - Ritual Fire CD US $19.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Alon Yavnai - Ds Al Coda CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 10 days
Geva Alon - Get Closer CD US $27.55 Buy It Now 10 days
YAVNAI ALON - TRAVEL NOTES - OS510 US $19.10 Buy It Now 10 days
Geva Alon - In the Morning Light (2012) CD -NEW - FREE FASTPOST US $13.56 Buy It Now 10 days
inspirational soul 45 Norman Charles Climb Every Mountain You'll Never Walk Alon US $7.98 Buy It Now 11 days
ALON NECHUSHTAN - RITUAL FIRE NEW CD US $23.88 Buy It Now 11 days
Nashville Bluegrass Band American Beauty Fiddlin' Bill Holiday Pickin' All Alon US $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Meditations of the Heart, Vol. 1 Alon Michael & Israel Edelson CD US $26.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Various - For When You`Re Alon CD New US $6.48 Buy It Now 11 days
ASSOCIATES BREAKFAST 7" PICTURE DISC, ORIG 1984 LTD EDITION, B/W BREAKFAST ALON US $11.75 Buy It Now 11 days
SALSA cd Chappotin y sus estrellas BENNY MORE son 14 SENEN SUAREZ Pachito Alon US $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
(DH161) Geva Alon, In The Morning Light - 2012 CD US $10.25 Buy It Now 12 days
Yavnai, Alon Shir Ahava CD US $9.32 Buy It Now 12 days
Alon Nechushtan Words Beyond CD US $13.97 Buy It Now 13 days
BONNIE TYLER holding out for a hero 7" 3 track b/w i can't leave your love alon US $8.39 Buy It Now 13 days
New Beginnings by Alon Yavnai (CD, seaside) US $14.99 Buy It Now 13 days
IDA MARIA quenn of the world 7" still sealed 3 track b/w everybody's always alon US $11.97 Buy It Now 14 days
Geva Alon - Get Closer (NEW CD) US $18.89 Buy It Now 14 days
Geva Alon - In The Morning Light (NEW CD) US $18.89 Buy It Now 14 days
MOSHE ALON LP VINYL RECORD ISMEJU IA RIBON IDISCH IDISH SCHWARZ FOLKSTIMIEJE US $9.97 Buy It Now 14 days
Zoey Van Goey - The Cage Was Unlocked All Alon (NEW CD) US $13.85 Buy It Now 14 days
Shostakovich,D. - Shostakovich Film Series: Music From The Film Alon (CD New) US $10.65 Buy It Now 14 days
In The Morning Light - Geva Alon (2012, CD New) US $10.23 Buy It Now 14 days
Israeli Music For Piano - Tal/Seter/Orgad (2013, CD New) Alon Gold US $10.84 Buy It Now 14 days
Ritual Fire - Nechushtan,Alon (2013, CD New) US $10.59 Buy It Now 15 days
Whiskey in the Jar: Essential Irish Drinking Songs & Sing Alon CD US $11.55 Buy It Now 15 days
Zoey Van Goey The Cage Was Unlocked All Alon CD (UK Import) NEW US $10.45 Buy It Now 15 days
The Stokes 45rpm "The Fat Cat" & Banana Split" Alon Records 85-1306. US $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
GEVA ALON - IN THE MORNING LIGHT - 105161925 US $17.51 Buy It Now 15 days
GEVA ALON - GET CLOSER - 13013149 US $16.88 Buy It Now 15 days
ETTI ANKRI I CAN SEE IN YOUR EYES ALON OLERACHIC HEBREW ISRAEL ISRAELI ??? ????? US $33.49 Buy It Now 15 days
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose 45 Never Gonna Be Alon US $2.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Yavnai,Alon - D's Al Coda (CD New) US $9.66 Buy It Now 16 days
israeli hebrew instrumental 1990 LP-alon bor-marimba dream-nachum heiman songs US $25.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Alon,Geva - Get Closer (CD New) US $10.73 Buy It Now 16 days
ASSOCIATES (80'S GROUP) breakfast 7" limited edition pic disc b/w breakfast alon US $8.39 Buy It Now 17 days
GEVA ALON - In The Morning Light. new UK 10 track CD album (Buy 3 = Free P US $4.96 Buy It Now 17 days
(DJ490) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2011 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 17 days
(DH609) The Great Enlightenment, Geva Alon - 2011 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 17 days
FRANK SINATRA love's been good to me 7" solid centre label design b/w a man alon US $8.39 Buy It Now 18 days
JOHN TRAVOLTA AND OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN you're the one that i want 7" b/w alon US $8.39 Buy It Now 18 days
KENT ALLAN what have i done 7" b/w too late for tears (9008) us alon US $8.39 Buy It Now 18 days
SKIP EASTERLING "Pennsylvania Coalyard Blues" b/w "Bandida Woman" ALON 9039 NM** US $59.99 Buy It Now 18 days
ALON OLEARTCHIK Sung PRINCE in HEBREW ISRAELI LP UNDER CHERRY MOON US $50.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Geva Alon - In the Morning Light - 10 Track US $6.71 Buy It Now 19 days
NORTHERN SOUL R&B DON AUSTIN "THE THRILL OF YESTERDAY" ALON US $19.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Nechushtan,Alon - Words Beyond (CD New) US $9.76 Buy It Now 19 days
Words Beyond (CD) by Alon Nechushtan US $1.55 Buy It Now 19 days
GIL ALON SUNG JACQUES BREL IN HEBREW ISRAEL NEW CD US $80.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Willie Harper ~45~ You're Gonna Pay ~ Alon 9003 US $14.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Nechushtan,Alon - Words Beyond [CD New] US $13.37 Buy It Now 21 days
The Alon Farber Hagiga Quintet - Exposure US $18.50 Buy It Now 21 days
Alon Farber Hagiga Sextet - Optimistc View US $18.50 Buy It Now 21 days
78RPM HMV B1642 Paul Whiteman, Until My Luck Comes Rolling Alon/Journey's End V- US $13.95 Buy It Now 21 days
(DH668) Geva Alon, The Great Enlightenment - 2011 DJ CD US $5.03 Buy It Now 21 days
ALON YAVNAI - D.S. AL CODA NEW CD US $23.88 Buy It Now 22 days
12" PROMO ISRAELI HEBREW YELLOW LP Alon Oleartchik US $65.00 Buy It Now 22 days

More places to buy ALON music online Buy ALON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 ratings distribution

ALON The Artist Manifesto: Document 1 reviews

Review by Muzikman
4 stars In three tracks, the artist extraordinaire ALON takes you through many worlds and atmospheres. He uses an incredible powerfully expressive voice to make his lyrics stick and music that is very much progressive in every sense of the word.

In a few seconds over 16 minutes, you will hear three tracks that will move you emotionally and sweep you away completely. "Art's End" reminded me so much of the Bowie/Eno period when Low came out, featuring a synthesized atmosphere with a catchy rhythm that does not let go. I was really getting off on the song and was hoping that it would continue, alas all good things must end.

ALON has a very hip website as well; it is a work of art in progress with a message from him about his music and the site for you to view. Everything about this artist is progressive and that is why I appreciate everything he does. So once again, I get only a taste. I have a feeling he is setting me up for an incredible full-length album that I will never forget.

Make sure you go to his site to check out some sound samples and listen to what he has to say. This artist has something to say so pay attention.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck-http://www.muzikreviews.com

May 26, 2005

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#35097) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 26, 2005

Review by Gatot
3 stars WOW! This is another form of prog music that is accessible to most ears, I would say. This is what I really love as a reviewer where I have to challenge and expose myself on different kinds, forms or styles of music. Is this record prog? Well, it does not seem to matter to me and probably to most of you (if you have listened to) as the experience that I have had listening to and enjoying this three-track EP is rewarding. For sure, I cannot categorize this kind of music under normal pop song as it has many musical elements that do not fit into any kind of pop song. Also, the music offered here gives us an excellent soundscapes. Listening to this record gives me a sort of enjoyment pleasure. The first spin of this CD I put it at my car stereo and I could feel different kind of ambient / atmosphere as it has wider dynamic range as compared to many other CDs that I have spun so far. When I reached home, I played it LOUD at my decent (even though mid-price) home stereo with B&W bookshelf speaker system, NAD amplification and NAD CD player. The result? Amazing!!! Yes, I reconfirm that this CD gives a much wider dynamic range with great musical ambience.

Who is the guy? It seems I'm not familiar with his name before. Well, sorry - I might not be pretty updated with prog development. For what I know from the official website and promotional material, Alon is a composer and singer from Drexel Hill in Pennsylvania. He offers three enjoyable tracks combining combine strong ambient soundscapes with psychedelic touch in a straight forward structure. He mixed the record through his own invention of "Alonomorphic Control Station". In a nutshell, his music can be categorized as art rock with heavy influence of psychedelic through the acoustic guitar style he delivers.

"Time Will Tell" is a song with solid rhythm base using acoustic guitar augmented with keyboard. With a solid bass line by Chico Huff this song provides a smooth flow of music with powerful vocal in relatively low (and a bit flat) register notes. The strings section enrich the textures of the song and it sometime provides an uplifting mood. Simply put, this is a very enjoyable track especially with the perfect mixing.

In "Going Back", Alon delivers his vocal in more aggressive way combined with the upbeat tempo of the music. This is probably what I would say like a modern rock music with groovy style - it's the kind of Cold Play music, I guess. Even though I do not really favor this song, I still consider that as a song it has been composed nicely. Through this song you may have complained about the progness of this track. I would agree with that if that is the case.

The EP concludes with "Art's End" that is basically represents Alon's manifestation of sounsdscapes exploration. So it's explorative in nature. As you might have guessed it starts off with programming effects with heavy bass and sound effects. The keyboard enters the music in long sustain notes that remind me to the work of Klaus Schulze or Edgar Froese (Tangerine Dream). Throughout the span of the music there are percussive loop that form as main rhythm section. Unfortunately it has a flat, monotonous structure that makes a bit boring to my ears.

This three-track EP has a good composition and delivered well by contributing musicians involved in this record. It is hoped that this album will have a follow-up with a full-length album.

Progressively yours,GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#38393) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 03, 2005

Post a review of ALON "The Artist Manifesto: Document 1"