SCOPE I

Scope

Scope Scope I album cover

Buy SCOPE Music
Studio Album, released in 1974

1. Watch Your Step (6:20)
2. Can You Follow Me (6:40)
3. Kayakokolishi (7:19)
4. Yesternight's Dream (1:40)
5. Description (6:30)
6. Walpurgis Night (9:49)
7. Chewing Gum Telegram (4:50)
8. The Queen Can Do No Wrong (3:10)

Search SCOPE Scope I lyrics

Search SCOPE Scope I tabs

- Rik Elings / Fender Rhodes piano, Hammond organ, Grand piano, flute, Mini-moog
- Rens Nieuwland / guitar
- Henk Zomer / drums, percussion
- Erik Raayman / bass, Grand piano, percussion

Guest:
- Jochen Petersen / Soprano saxophone

LP ATLN 40553 (1974)

SCOPE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SCOPE Scope I Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Fight for My DeathFight for My Death
CD Baby 2012

More places to buy SCOPE music online Buy SCOPE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SCOPE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SCOPE Scope I ratings distribution

SCOPE Scope I reviews

Review by Carl floyd fan
3 stars This is a pretty good cd but nothing special. I like instrumental cds but this one could have used some vocals. For a fusion cd it just seemed far to average. Its a good cd to listen to for laid back moods or back ground music but nothing innovative in my opinion. Maybe I should give it another listen. I defiantly will in fact, its a very chill cd, just nothing that blows my mind.

Send comments to Carl floyd fan (BETA) | Report this review (#35808) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Formed in Zwolle in 1971,SCOPE were a four-member Jazz-Prog outfit,who was born out of the ashes of the band ''Strange power''.Founding members were drummer Henk Zomer and keyboardist/flutist Rik Elings.Reportedly the band started as a Symphonic rRck group,but soon they switched to a more jazzy progressive style.SCOPE played a lot of gigs in their country and Germany and finally they recorded their self-titled debut for ther Negram Lanel on German ground.

Their style is a combination of Classic Progressive Rock with Canterbury influences and Jazz Rock of the RETURN TO FOREVER school.Guitarist Ren Nieuwland performs fantastically with a variety of tempos,as he was given a lot of space for endless,improvisational and delightful solos,not far from JOHN MCLAUGHLIN's work with the MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA.Elings is also on the top of this performance with his nice electric piano in the vein of CHICK COREA, while he also plays some dominant organ parts in a couple of songs.The funky bass lines belong to talented bassist Erik Raayman,while Zomer is also present with some steady and confident drumming.Parts of the album are characterized by the massive interplays of the members,reminding of their fellows SUPERSISTER and there are also some really dark parts with haunting flutes and slow guitars,where the band comes closer than ever to Classic 70's Progressive Rock.For fans of varied,instrumental, jazzy progressive rock played with inspiration and talent,this is a great musical adventure.Essential for the fans of the afore-mentioned styles.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#255532) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 10, 2009

Post a review of SCOPE "Scope I"