LIVE IN NEW YORK

Leb I Sol Live In New York album cover

Buy LEB I SOL Music
Live, released in 1991

1. The Big City (3:11)
2. Si zaljubiv edno mome (5:54)
3. Jovano, Jovanke (7:11)
4. Uci me majko, karaj me (5:27)
5. Blagoslov (2:14)
6. Bistra voda (7:28)
7. Rainy Night In N.Y.C. (0:24)
8. Aber dojde Donke (6:50)
9. Going Back To Skopje (3:32)

Search LEB I SOL Live In New York lyrics

Search LEB I SOL Live In New York tabs

- Vlatko Stefanovski / guitars, vocals
- Dragoljub Djuricic / drums
- Bodan Arsovski / bass
- Koki Dimusevski / keyboards

LP Third Ear Music (1991 Yugoslavia)

Thanks to seyo for the addition
and to seyo for the last updates

LEB I SOL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LEB I SOL Live In New York Music

Leb I SolLeb I Sol
Imports 2014
Leb I Sol 2Leb I Sol 2
Imports 2014
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL/double life RARE MACEDONIAN 1993 CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 4 days
LEB I SOL TANGENTA FANTSTIC YUGOSLAV JAZZ FOLK ROCK ORIGIN 1ST PRESS1984 EX-/EX US $35.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL 2 ethno Yugoslav jazz rock PRESSING 1979 VG/EX US $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL KAO KAKAO ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESSING 1987 EX/NM- US $34.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL SAME FANTASTIC EX YUGOSLAV PRESSING ETHNO JAZZ ROCK 1978 VG-/EX- US $26.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LEB I SOL PUTUJEMO ORIGINAL EX YUGOSLAV 1ST PRESS JAZZ ROCK 1989 EX-/EX US $26.00 Buy It Now 6 days
2CD LEB I SOL - Live in Macedonia 30th Anniverary Tour Concert 2006 one records US $28.00 Buy It Now 7 days
LEB I SOL - NIE CETVORICATA RARE YUGO JAZZ ROCK FUSION 7"PS 1978 US $26.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LEB I SOL feat. DADO TOPIC TAKA NATAKA, MACEDONIAN JA FOLK ROCK CD US $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
PREDMESTJE "Brez Naslova" CD kraan Leb I Sol US $17.74 Buy It Now 9 days
LEB I SOL"2 ZLATNA"PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $45.00 Buy It Now 10 days
LEB I SOL AKUSTICNA TRAUMA ETHNO JAZZ EXYUGOSLAV 2LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 12 days
LEB I SOL KALABALAK FUSION JAZZ ROCK EXYUGOSLAV LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 12 days
LEB I SOL S/T ETHNO JAZZ STEFANOVSKI EXYUGOSLAV LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Leb-I-Sol - Con Briorubato - Basic Beat - 1995 #30935 US $4.82 Buy It Now 14 days
Vlatko Stefanovski ( Leb i Sol) ?- 3 Summer Days CD limited/ sealed MINT US $14.00 Buy It Now 14 days
LEB I SOL KALABALAK VG LP YUGO JAZZROCK FUSION Izvir Oko Smak Yugoslav US $20.00 Buy It Now 15 days
OMLADINA V/A INDEXI LEB I SOL JAZZ FUSION FUNK EXYU 2LP US $119.99 Buy It Now 15 days
LEB I SOL Same, Jazz Rock Fusion YU Press EX LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 16 days
LEB I SOL - (?) !!! EXTRA RARE YUGO JAZZ - ROCK FUSION !!! US $19.90 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL BESKONACNO , YUGOSLAV LP US $32.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL 2 , MACEDONIAN PROG ETHNO JAZZ YUGOSLAV LP US $44.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL 1st, MACEDONIAN PROG ETHNO JAZZ YUGOSLAV LP US $42.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LEB I SOL FIRST LP EX RARE YUGO RARE FUSION JAZZ ROCK Smak, Indexi, Time US $35.00 Buy It Now 18 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV LP 1987+INNER SLEEVE-MACEDONIAN FOLK-ROCK US $19.00 Buy It Now 18 days
VLATKO STEFANOVSKI - COWBOYS & INDIANS.LEB I SOL..FUSION.JAZZ ROCK.FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 19 days
3 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN PROGRESSIVE CD' S LOTGSMAK.REZONANSA.LEB I SOL.FREE SHIPPIN US $23.99 Buy It Now 19 days
3 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK FUSION CASSETTES LOT.VIKTORIJA.LEB I SOL.FREE SHIPPING US $13.99 Buy It Now 19 days
4 FORMER YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK..ALTER ROCK. CASSETTES.LEB I SOL.B.LEFT..FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 19 days
4 YUGOSLAVIAN ROCK PROG. FUSION.CASSETES LOT.R.CORBA.LEB I SOL..SMAK..FREE SHIP. US $17.99 Buy It Now 19 days
LEB I SOL RUCNI RAD, YUGOSLAV JAZZ PROG ETHNO ROCK LP US $26.00 Buy It Now 23 days
LEB I SOL 1979 RARE UNIQUE EXYU CASSETTE TAPE ROCK JAZZ US $34.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Damage Vol76 RARE NEW CD Buzzcocks LEMONHEADS PJ Harvey JOI Leb i Sol CAKE Dink US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
LEB I SOL"SREBRANA" PROG FUSION JAZZ ROCK YUGOSLAVIA LP MINT US $35.00 Buy It Now 24 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV LP-1987-CLASSIC ROCK US $10.00 Buy It Now 25 days
LEB I SOL SLEDOVANJE RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG+/EX US $18.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL BESKONACNO RARE ORIGINAL YUGOSLAVIA JAZZ ROCK 1ST PRESS 1981 VG/EX- US $18.00 Buy It Now 26 days
LEB I SOL-KAO KAKAO-YUGOSLAV CASSETTE TAPE 1987-YUGOSLAV JAZZ-ROCK-FOLK US $10.00 Buy It Now 27 days
LEB I SOL NIE CETVORICATA 78'PROG WHITE LABEL EXYU 7"PS US $24.99 Buy It Now 27 days
LEB I SOL-NIE CETVORICATA/DEVETKA-ORIGINAL YUGOSLAV 7" 45rpm 1978-YUGO PROG ROCK US $11.00 Buy It Now 29 days
LEB I SOL akusticna trauma live 2001 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock CD US $28.00 Buy It Now 29 days
LEB I SOL best of vol. 1+2 2003 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock TWO CDs US $50.00 Buy It Now 29 days
LEB I SOL rucni rad + beskonacno 2000 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock 2 albums on 1CD US $30.00 Buy It Now 29 days
LEB I SOL sledovanje 2000 MACEDONIAN folk/jazz/rock CD with bonus songs US $28.00 Buy It Now 29 days
NIKOLA DIMUSHEVSKI ex LEB I SOL live MACEDONIAN 1995 CD US $20.00 Buy It Now 29 days
LEB I SOL live in New York YUGOSLAVIAN 1991 jazz/rock/etno CASSETTE US $13.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy LEB I SOL music online Buy LEB I SOL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LEB I SOL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LEB I SOL Live In New York ratings distribution

LEB I SOL Live In New York reviews

Review by Seyo
2 stars A dissapointing live document from North American tour.

After the last studio album "Putujemo", drummer Garo Tavitijan again left in 1990, this time for good with ambition to pursue jazz career in the band PARAMECIUM. So for the spring 1991 US/Canadian tour his usual replacement Dragoljub Djuricic returned and with Dimusevski already in team it looked like a promising return to their fusion roots. In fact this is probably the closest ever they went back to jazz improvisations since "Infinity" album from 1981! Unfortunately this material is so inconsistent and weak with many gaping holes and errors.

I can agree with Stephen that Djuricic definitely did not have his best moments on this album, but since I already pointed out in other reviews that IMO he is not nearly as good as Tavitijan for the fusion style of LEB I SOL, I will not mention him here again. But I need to stress that out of nine songs only 3 stand out, all of them are Macedonian ethno-fusion and previously unreleased so that's why "Live in New York" can be considered a collector's item: "Si zaljubiv edno mome", "Jovano, Jovanke" (this had appeared on "Zvucni zid" soundtrack LP though) and "Uci me majko, karaj me". Together with "Bistra voda" and "Aber dojde donke" this could have been a fine set of a refreshed jazz-rock sound. However the sound of the audience in the NY CBGB club with female screams is more than annoying and "Aber dojde donke" was spoiled by terrible "c'mon altogether now" ending.

The remaining tracks are ridiculous and unneccessary fillers in the shape of outdoor street, rain and airplane sounds. "Blagoslov" is a record of the blessing performed by a priest over the band members in Toronto Macedonian Orthodox Church! For God's sake, what's the point in putting this onto the music album? Experiment? Art performance? Or simply a religious ritual? OK in 1991 religion was trendy and "cool" stuff in ex Yugoslavia, but since I witnessed what the organized religion en generale has done in the past 10-15 years in the ex-YU countries, I am sorry to sound so in opposition, but I just don't like the idea.

Too bad, a few good moments cannot convince me to rate this album higher than 2 stars, so if you are not a dedicated LEB I SOL follower, do not buy it.

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#40808) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 29, 2005

Review by clarke2001
1 stars This is a weak LEB I SOL's live document; actually, it's probably the weakest thing LEB I SOL ever issued. Let me explain why. Well, the problem does not lie in the fact that all the songs suffer from poor performance (and for terrible sound quality as well). The problem lies in the fact the the guys from the band tried to make some sort of audio documentary from their North American Tour in the early 90s. This does not necessary have to be a bad idea, but I am almost one hundred percent sure that was not their intention at first place, they did it simply to spread the material over the reasonable CD length (little bit more than forty minutes).

Having that said, do not except any audio version of Michael Palin here. Occasionally, between tracks, you can hear audio excerpts from the events on their Tour: sound of rain in New York City, blessing from Orthodox priest, airport and airplane sounds from their travel back home. Unnecessary. It seems like they have a complex coming from the small and relatively unknown rock community, and they just wanted to be "big", "famous" and to have live document from the Big Apple. The songs were performed in famous (and overrated) CBGB club, and the time for the performance is limited even for the most famous names. I really do not understand why they just didn't played songs in some other NYC club, if they wanted to remain faithful to this CD, title-wise. I'm sure there are loads of venues in the Big Apple. If they wanted to include some interesting audio sketches on CD, there are so many better things to include: interviews, different takes, mistakes...

So much for the concept of this album. Now a few words about the music itself, but only a few, because actually it doesn't deserve more than a sentence or two.

It's terrible. The first thing you will notice is awful drumming. Dragoljub Djuricic is a strange man: on some live gigs his drumming is perfect, and on the other hand he sometimes sounds like a total amateur. This was one of his bad days, definitely. Muddy recording didn't help much, sound's peak is around 8-10kHz, amplifying the noises from the audience. I must admit that was a common feature of many taped LEB I SOL live recordings from the eighties. On the other hand, the concert that I witnessed was (and still is) the best musical experience of my life. That's one reason more why I was so disappointed with this one. Some tracks were previously unreleased, but even that can't save this extremely poor issue. This is only for die-hard LEB I SOL completists. This album does not contain fillers, this album IS a filler.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#102183) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 08, 2006

Post a review of LEB I SOL "Live In New York"