CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE

Meshuggah Contradictions Collapse album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy MESHUGGAH Music
Studio Album, released in 1991

1. Paralyzing Ignorance (4:27)
2. Erroneous Manipulation (6:20)
3. Abneagating Cecity (6:31)
4. Internal Evidence (7:28)
5. Qualms of Reality (7:07)
6. We'll Never See the Day (6:03)
7. Greed (7:06)
8. Choirs of Devastation (4:00)
9. Cadeverous Mastication (7:31)

Search MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse lyrics

Search MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse tabs

- Fredrik Thordendal / guitar & lead vocals
- Peter Nordin / bass & vocals
- Jens Kidman / guitar & lead vocals
- Tomas Haake / drums & vocals

NB 049 LP 08-29981 (Nuclear Blast Europe)
NB 049 CD 84-29982 (Nuclear Blast Europe)
NB 049 MC 08-29984 (Nuclear Blast Europe)
Japanese version: Victor VICP-5660 (Mundo).

Thanks to m@x for the addition

MESHUGGAH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse Music

Nuclear Blast Americ 1999
Contradictions CollapseContradictions Collapse
Limited Edition
Nuclear Blast Americ 2013
Contradictions Collapse-Reloaded - Meshuggah New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.16 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Meshuggah ?- Contradictions Collapse & None. CD. Digipak. Nuclear Blast NB 292-2 US $10.97 [0 bids]
Meshuggah Contradictions Collapse import vinyl US $25.00 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse / None CD New Thrash Metal Reloaded Edition US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MESHUGGAH**CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE (DELUXE/LIMITED EDITION)**CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Contradictions Collapse/None by Meshuggah (CD, May-1999, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MESHUGGAH 'Contradictions Collapse' CD 1991 NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS FIRST PRESS! US $30.00 [0 bids]
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse (reloaded) NEW CD US $10.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse (reloaded) NEW CD US $12.28 Buy It Now 5 days
MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse LP First Press 1991 Mint Wax! TESSERACT US $50.00 [0 bids]
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse (Reloaded) (NEW CD) US $12.53 Buy It Now 6 days
Contradictions Collapse/None by Meshuggah (CD, May-1999, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $4.90 Buy It Now 8 days
Contradictions Collapse/None [1999] by Meshuggah (CD, Sep-2008, Nuclear Blast... US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Meshuggah / Contradictions Collapse JAPAN+3 OOP!!!!! *O US $79.99 Buy It Now 11 days
CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE BY MESHUGGAH (CD) US $21.37 Buy It Now 12 days
Contradictions Collapse/None by Meshuggah *New CD* US $11.91 Buy It Now 12 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse Bonus Track Ltd Reis CD US $18.89 Buy It Now 13 days
MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse SIGNED Vinyl LP Rare Original Pressing 1991 US $130.25 Buy It Now 13 days
MESHUGGAH - CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE/NONE [1999] - NEW CD US $11.38 Buy It Now 15 days
Meshuggah-Contradictions Collapse (Reloaded) CD NEW US $18.03 Buy It Now 18 days
Meshuggah-Contradictions Collapse (Reloaded) CD NEW US $12.84 Buy It Now 18 days
Meshuggah : Contradictions Collapse CD (1999) US $8.54 Buy It Now 20 days
MESHUGGAH - CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE * - NEW CD US $15.48 Buy It Now 20 days
Contradictions Collapse - Meshuggah New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.24 Buy It Now 20 days
MESHUGGAH CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE + NONE EP SEALED CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 21 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse (CD New) US $16.04 Buy It Now 24 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse [CD New] US $14.36 Buy It Now 24 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse CD US $19.29 Buy It Now 26 days
MESHUGGAH - CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE RELOADED (BONUS) (TRACKS) NEW CD US $21.14 Buy It Now 27 days
Contradictions Collapse/None [1999] by Meshuggah (CD, Sep-2008, Nuclear Blast (U US $5.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Contradictions Collapse - Meshuggah (2013, CD New) Lmtd ED. US $15.87 Buy It Now 28 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse [CD New] US $15.09 Buy It Now 28 days
MESHUGGAH - CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE (BONUS) (TRACK) (LTD) (REISSUE) NEW CD US $21.14 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy MESHUGGAH music online Buy MESHUGGAH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESHUGGAH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse ratings distribution

MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse reviews

Review by Bj-1
4 stars Quite different from what you are used to expect from Meshuggah, "Contradictions Collapse" shows their obvious thrash-metal influences well here, as you can compare it to some of Metallica or Slayers most technical moments. It's still not as complex as their later albums, but it gives clear hints of what to come, though you can also hear they were also searching for a sound. Guitarists/Vocalists Fredrik Thordendal and Jens Kidman delivers some really great and complex riffs here, some of them even be up to pair with their more known stuff, though in a less extreme style. These riffs are backed up with Tomas Haake's excellent drumming and Peter Nordin's faultless bass playing. The songs are generally long, most of them clocks in at 6-7 minutes, but they're never really boring, though some of them could have been a bit better.

This one might be their most acessible, though I suggest you start with 1995's "Destroy Erase Improve" concidering that "Destroy Erase Improve" explains better what Meshuggah really are better than this one. A very good, if not excellent debut album, in my opinion. Sadly underrated! 4.25/5

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#37960) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Review by UMUR
3 stars Oh well how do I start the line of Meshuggah reviews that I´m going to make ? Let´s start by saying that this is tech metal band Meshuggah´s debut album. An album I have owned for many years. Since 1994 to be exact. I found the LP in a second hand store and fell for the apocalyptic cover art. I had heard about Meshuggah and seen commercials for Contradictions Collapse in some of the metal magazines I read at the time, but never got around to buying the album until I accidently fell over it.

Well I got home from the store put the LP on and expected to hear some death metal which was what I thought Meshuggah would be as it was THE big thing in metal in the early nineties, but I was totally let down, as I heard some tech metal version of Metallica. At least that´s what I thought it sounded like at the time and still do to some extent. In time I have come to appreciate Contradictions Collapse more, but it will never be my favorite Meshuggah album. It´s way to imature. The tecnical level is very high, but I think there are too many ideas in every song to really catch my attention. Something I think is so different from the later albums from Meshuggah which are more repetitive but also more groovy and heavy IMO. I have a tendency to get tired of Contradictions Collapse after a couple of songs because there´s too much happening and no direction.

The production is good, but not outstanding.

The level of the musicians are so high that I have a hard time figuring out what they play at times. Tempo and time signature changes are a piece of cake for these guys and it is done with ease at high speed. I have always been fashinated by drummer Tomas Haake and on this release it is no different. The man is simply one of the best drummers in the world, if you like this kind of drumming.

Even though this is my least favoured Meshuggah album, it is still light years ahead of many other bands in this genre and therefore Contradictions Collapse deserves 3 stars.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#161854) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 15, 2008

Review by JJLehto
3 stars When we listen to Meshuggah today it is tough to imagine they began as thrash metal influenced by Metaallica. However, you can hear it on this album. Contradictions Collapse is deeply rooted in thrash metal. You can hear it in the drumming and especially in the guitar riffs. However, we do see hints of what was in store. For a thrashy album there are some serious signs of technicality, use of various time signatures, and bits of jazz fusion, (in the solos). This is not a prog-metal album, I would say it is technical metal but it is a great work regardless.

This album does have a different sound from their later works. The guitars are not as heavy sounding and instead of their soul crushing, staccato, riffs this albums uses tremolo picking thrash metal riffs. However, even back in these days they use their mechanical, complex jazzy guitar solos. Fredrik is one hell of a player.

You can really hear the bass on this album, MUCH more than on later works, and I am always a fan of that. Their bassist at the time was Peter Nordin and while he may not lay down anything mind blowing, there is some great bass work here and you can REALLY hear it.

Jens vocals on this album are actually the most tolerable of any Meshuggah work. He employs a harsh, yet non pitched scream. This is perfectly tolerable for ANY fan of metal and the vocals actually fit the music quite well, as opposed to later albums where his vocals seem to just pierce everything.

My favorite part of Meshuggah. The drumming. Tomas Haake is, in my opinion, the best drummer there is right now. We all know his insane poly rhythmic drumming with complex bass patterns and pin point accuracy, not to mention some great jazzy beats. While you do hear traces of that this album features more straight forward thrash drumming, which is still impressive nonetheless.

Paralyzing Ignorance. Begins with a slow melodic intro which quickly picks up intensity. Here is some great work of Haake's drumming. A simple, slow riff begins before we are thrown into a chaotic bass section. Then the thrash begins. The rest of the song is very thrashy and their is a sweet solo in there.

Erroneous Manipulation. A nice heavy intro! For a while the song continues slow and heavy with some nice thrash bursts. The middle section is great! With some complex soloing, and even a small melodic section. Some crazy bass as well!

Abnegating Cecity. A nice thrashy song, though not extremely fast, and with some interesting solos throughout.

Internal Evidence. A sweet bass intro quickly followed by some technical drumming. Gotta love a drummer that can work some technicality into thrash! In fact this song has some of the albums most technical drumming, and some of his jazz prowess as well. Overall this song is quite progressive.

Qualms of Reality. Another nice thrashy song.

We'll Never See the Day. A fairly slow beginning that moves into a faster Metallica-esque downpicking riff. In fact this song has a VERY strong Metallica sound. However, the solos the bizzare meshuggah solo's we all love, and their is some great drumming yet again.

Greed. The beginning almost has a hardcore feel to it with the drums. Also, another great place to hear some killer bass. The song then goes into a thrashy section with some off beat drumming! It sounds like the Haake we now know. The song is pretty quick, and has a nice progression throughout.

Choirs of Devastation. An instrumental song (well not quite), this one is fairly mellow, (compared to the rest). There is a beautiful minute long opening, when some heavy riffs and great drumming kicks in. After some spoken word a REALLY groovy riff comes followed by some blazing, yet wonderful solos. Great ending. This is my favorite song from the album! A real winner here.

Cadaverous Mastication. Not one of my favorites, a good song but nothing spectacular here. The weakest on the album. Not bad really, but not good.

Overall, a great album! Obviously the regular progger should stay away from this, or any meshuggah album. However, fans of prog-metal this is a good work! It is still very thrashy so it depends on how metal your taste is. For me, this album is a solid 4 but for this site I give it 3 stars.

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#224520) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 04, 2009

1 stars BRÂNTĂ PROASTĂ ÎN BURDUF DE CÂINE And to think that we live in a world that cares about it's citizens ... If this was true, Contradictions Collapse wouldn't exist. It's outrageous to let such mind altering acoustic wreck add to the world's decrepitude. Such pollution should become ill ... (read more)

Report this review (#176843) | Posted by Zarec | Monday, July 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Meshuggah's debut isn't extremely prog, but you can sense the elements within this album. All in all it's an ultra-complex and experimental album, covering lots of ground as far as sounds and styles. The band hasn't completely come into their sound and would prove to be more solid as musicians ... (read more)

Report this review (#39567) | Posted by | Friday, July 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MESHUGGAH "Contradictions Collapse"