CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE

Meshuggah Contradictions Collapse album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy MESHUGGAH Music
Studio Album, released in 1991

1. Paralyzing Ignorance (4:27)
2. Erroneous Manipulation (6:20)
3. Abneagating Cecity (6:31)
4. Internal Evidence (7:28)
5. Qualms of Reality (7:07)
6. We'll Never See the Day (6:03)
7. Greed (7:06)
8. Choirs of Devastation (4:00)
9. Cadeverous Mastication (7:31)

Search MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse lyrics

Search MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse tabs

- Fredrik Thordendal / guitar & lead vocals
- Peter Nordin / bass & vocals
- Jens Kidman / guitar & lead vocals
- Tomas Haake / drums & vocals

NB 049 LP 08-29981 (Nuclear Blast Europe)
NB 049 CD 84-29982 (Nuclear Blast Europe)
NB 049 MC 08-29984 (Nuclear Blast Europe)
Japanese version: Victor VICP-5660 (Mundo).

Thanks to m@x for the addition

MESHUGGAH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse Music

Nuclear Blast Americ 1995
Catch Thirty ThreeCatch Thirty Three
Nuclear Blast Americ 2005
Meshuggah - Koloss [CD New] US $20.99 Buy It Now 58m 6s
DARKANE-LAYERS OF LIES-RARE ADVANCE PROMO CD-HEAVY METAL-In Flames-Meshuggah-12T US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
None [EP] by Meshuggah (CD, 1994, Nuclear Blast (USA) US $20.99 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH I CD US $6.66 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH KOLOSS US $4.31 [6 bids]
Meshuggah Koloss CD 2012 Nuclear Blast Records US $8.95 Buy It Now 8h 15m
MESHUGGAH kataklysm IN FLAMES hammerfall PRIMAL FEAR sinner DARKANE mod PROMO CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 59m
LACUNA COIL meshuggah IN FLAMES iced earth COC lord mantis SAVAGE MESSIAH CD NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 59m
Obzen (re-issue) - Meshuggah New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.24 Buy It Now 13h 56m
The Destiny Program Subversive Blueprint CD Meshuggah Lamb Of God Shadows Fall US $1.99 [0 bids]
REIDO 2011 -11 CD Sludge Metal Funeral Doom Meshuggah Minsk Corrupted Cough US $12.99 Buy It Now 15h 18m
Meshuggah - Rare Trax [CD New] US $10.90 Buy It Now 16h 51m
Koloss [Limited Edition] [Import] [Audio CD] Meshuggah US $10.99 Buy It Now 17h 27m
MESHUGGAH **The Ophidian Trek **BRAND NEW 2 CD & DVD SET! US $17.96 Buy It Now 19h
MESHUGGAH Chaosphere Pre-owned/Vtg T-shirt (XL) Good Condition Rare US $24.03 Buy It Now 19h 16m
MESHUGGAH - ALIVE (2PC) (W/CD) (BONUS TRACK) NEW DVD US $22.77 Buy It Now 20h 16m
Meshuggah Tribute - String Tribute To Meshuggah [CD New] US $11.70 Buy It Now 20h 46m
MESHUGGAH - NOTHING - BONUS DVD NEW CD US $22.40 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Nothing [10/15] by Meshuggah (CD, Oct-2013, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $11.59 Buy It Now 22h 27m
MESHUGGAH Koloss SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Shirt CD Rare Nothing 001 US $4.76 Buy It Now 22h 34m
MESHUGGAH Koloss SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Shirt CD Rare Nothing 001 US $6.80 Buy It Now 22h 34m
MESHUGGAH Koloss SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Shirt CD Rare Nothing 001 US $20.43 Buy It Now 22h 34m
MESHUGGAH DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT Tour SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER 001 US $4.76 Buy It Now 22h 34m
MESHUGGAH DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT Tour SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER 001 US $6.80 Buy It Now 22h 34m
MESHUGGAH DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT Tour SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER 001 US $20.43 Buy It Now 22h 34m
KONKHRA Spit or Swallow death metal 1st Press OOP Gorefest Unleashed Meshuggah US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ozzfest 2002 Streetwise Summer Sampler CD Meshuggah System Of A Down Soil US $2.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ZERO TOLERANCE 2 CD SET * RARE * 2008 Meshuggah Septicflesh Dismember Warpath US $4.99 [0 bids]
Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah - Catch Thirty-Three (2005)**NEW+SEALED** US $8.02 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH-DESTROY ERASE IMPROVE gojira,sybreed,textures 1995 NUCLEARBLAST ORG! US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah - Chaosphere CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah Tribute - String Tribute To Meshuggah CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah Alive DVD US $20.54 Buy It Now 1 day
MESHUGGAH - RARE TRAX NEW CD US $15.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah - Obzen (2008)**NEW+SEALED** US $10.42 [0 bids]
Beyond Creation - The Aura CD New Meshuggah Gorguts Dying Fetus Necrophagist US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Koloss [Deluxe Edition] [Digipak] by Meshuggah (CD, Mar-2012, 2 Discs,... US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dillinger Escape Plan, The ?- Under The Running Board meshuggah in flames US $2.00 [0 bids]
Dillinger Escape Plan - calculating infinity rare promo meshuggah US $15.00 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH - NOTHING [MESHUGGAH] [727361320003] - NEW CD US $11.54 Buy It Now 1 day
CORONER GRIN CD RARE /celtic frost watchtower toxic atheist meshuggah kreator lp US $7.37 [3 bids]
The Contortionist - Intrinsic CD w/ A Life Once Lost CD BTBAM JFAC Meshuggah US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Chariot - One Wing CD w/ A Life Once Lost CD BTBAM JFAC Meshuggah US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah - Chaosphere (CD) US $11.21 [0 bids]
Meshuggah, Ophidian Trek Audio CD US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Meshuggah Obzen Vinyl Lp Mint Sealed Tool Rammstein US $125.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MESHUGGAH**CONTRADICTIONS COLLAPSE (DELUXE/LIMITED EDITION)**CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
MESHUGGAH**I (EP/RM)**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Catch Thirty-Three by Meshuggah (CD, May-2005, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
MORBID ANGEL Meshuggah SOILENT GREEN Haunted comp CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
String Tribute To Meshuggah 0707541967396, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $20.73 Buy It Now 2 days
MESHUGGAH I LP 4 Track With Gatefold Sleeve (nb34021) Released 29/09/14 EUROPEAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MESHUGGAH-CHAOSPHERE (LTD) (REIS) (DIG) CD NEW US $17.62 Buy It Now 2 days
Dillinger Escape Plan, The ?- The Dillinger Escape Plan EP meshuggah converge US $2.00 [0 bids]
meshuggah xxl grey shirt logo napalm death morbid angel mayhem US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Meshuggah xxl shirt Nothing used US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MASTODON The Bit MESHUGGAH I DISENGAGE ALTER BOYS 6TRK CD SINGLE SAMPLER EX RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Meshuggah - ObZen (CD, Mar-2008, Nuclear Blast (USA)) w/ Slipcase US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse Limited STILL SEALED US $2.99 [1 bids]
The Ophidian Trek [2CD+DVD] [Slipcase] * by Meshuggah (CD, Sep-2014, 3 Discs,... US $9.99 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH - KOLOSS LIMITED EDITION CD DVD ALBUM BOX SET NEW AND SEALED US $18.39 Buy It Now 3 days
EXENCE-TABULA RASA-CD-thrash-death-essence-meshuggah-soilwork US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Nothing by Meshuggah (CD, Aug-2002, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse LP First Press 1991 Mint Wax! TESSERACT US $50.00 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T30) US $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MESHUGGAH - Rare Trax Enhanced CD, Japan +OBI MICP-10259 US $23.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Meshuggah / Koloss CD NEW SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Chaosphere by Meshuggah (CD, Nov-1998, Nuclear Blast (USA)) Early Press US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Meshuggah I CD EP, HA 001 US $43.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Meshuggah - Catch 33 - NB1311-2 US $13.84 Buy It Now 3 days
MESHUGGAH-KOLOSS-JAPAN CD F75 US $28.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Nuclear Blast Blasting Your Ears Vol 2 PROMO CD Meshuggah HYPOCRISY Hammerfall US $4.99 [0 bids]
Meshuggah **GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Indukti S.U.S.A.R. Mariusz Duda RIVERSIDE LP King Crimson Meshuggah US $34.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ANIMALS AS LEADERS The Joy Of Motion 2 LP GREEN VINYL periphery meshuggah sikth US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MESHUGGAH - I - NEW CD ALBUM US $20.83 Buy It Now 3 days
MESHUGGAH - I - NEW VINYL LP ALBUM US $24.03 Buy It Now 3 days
Meshuggah - Obzen Nuclear Blast RED VINYL METAL 2xLP US $50.00 [0 bids]
Meshuggah - I Green 12" Vinyl LP Limited Ed of 300 US $78.87 Buy It Now 4 days
Meshuggah - Koloss (+2DVD, 2013) US $16.03 [0 bids]
Dillinger Escape Plan - Irony Is Dead Scene rare promo mike patton meshuggah US $11.50 [0 bids]
KLONE-ALL SEEING EYE-DIGI-gojira-meshuggah-mastodon-the dillinger escape plan US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Contradictions Collapse/None by Meshuggah (CD, May-1999, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Dillinger Escape Plan rare Miss Machine tour shirt S ( Meshuggah Isis Converge ) US $35.05 Buy It Now 4 days
MESHUGGAH - CHAOSPHERE PROMO CD RARE MINT US $10.99 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH - OBZEN NEW CD US $20.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Meshuggah - Ophidian Trek [CD New] US $27.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Meshuggah - Ophidian Trek [CD New] US $28.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Chaosphere(Bonus Tracks) - Meshuggah US $12.80 Buy It Now 5 days
Meshuggah - The Ophidian Trek - 2CD Digi +DVD - PRE- ORDER 29.09.2014 US $27.90 Buy It Now 5 days
SCARVE ( SOILWORK DARKANE MESHUGGAH mem ) "The Undercurrent" (CD) METAL US $9.62 Buy It Now 5 days
MESHUGGAH Koloss SIGNED TOUR GOLD vinyl lp /500 hand-numbered gojira djent NEW US $240.41 Buy It Now 5 days
MESHUGGAH-KOLOSS-JAPAN CD DVD LTD H75 US $35.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Meshuggah - Koloss KOREA CD *SEALED* US $14.80 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy MESHUGGAH music online Buy MESHUGGAH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MESHUGGAH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse ratings distribution

MESHUGGAH Contradictions Collapse reviews

Review by Bj-1
4 stars Quite different from what you are used to expect from Meshuggah, "Contradictions Collapse" shows their obvious thrash-metal influences well here, as you can compare it to some of Metallica or Slayers most technical moments. It's still not as complex as their later albums, but it gives clear hints of what to come, though you can also hear they were also searching for a sound. Guitarists/Vocalists Fredrik Thordendal and Jens Kidman delivers some really great and complex riffs here, some of them even be up to pair with their more known stuff, though in a less extreme style. These riffs are backed up with Tomas Haake's excellent drumming and Peter Nordin's faultless bass playing. The songs are generally long, most of them clocks in at 6-7 minutes, but they're never really boring, though some of them could have been a bit better.

This one might be their most acessible, though I suggest you start with 1995's "Destroy Erase Improve" concidering that "Destroy Erase Improve" explains better what Meshuggah really are better than this one. A very good, if not excellent debut album, in my opinion. Sadly underrated! 4.25/5

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#37960) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Review by UMUR
3 stars Oh well how do I start the line of Meshuggah reviews that I´m going to make ? Let´s start by saying that this is tech metal band Meshuggah´s debut album. An album I have owned for many years. Since 1994 to be exact. I found the LP in a second hand store and fell for the apocalyptic cover art. I had heard about Meshuggah and seen commercials for Contradictions Collapse in some of the metal magazines I read at the time, but never got around to buying the album until I accidently fell over it.

Well I got home from the store put the LP on and expected to hear some death metal which was what I thought Meshuggah would be as it was THE big thing in metal in the early nineties, but I was totally let down, as I heard some tech metal version of Metallica. At least that´s what I thought it sounded like at the time and still do to some extent. In time I have come to appreciate Contradictions Collapse more, but it will never be my favorite Meshuggah album. It´s way to imature. The tecnical level is very high, but I think there are too many ideas in every song to really catch my attention. Something I think is so different from the later albums from Meshuggah which are more repetitive but also more groovy and heavy IMO. I have a tendency to get tired of Contradictions Collapse after a couple of songs because there´s too much happening and no direction.

The production is good, but not outstanding.

The level of the musicians are so high that I have a hard time figuring out what they play at times. Tempo and time signature changes are a piece of cake for these guys and it is done with ease at high speed. I have always been fashinated by drummer Tomas Haake and on this release it is no different. The man is simply one of the best drummers in the world, if you like this kind of drumming.

Even though this is my least favoured Meshuggah album, it is still light years ahead of many other bands in this genre and therefore Contradictions Collapse deserves 3 stars.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#161854) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 15, 2008

Review by JJLehto
3 stars When we listen to Meshuggah today it is tough to imagine they began as thrash metal influenced by Metaallica. However, you can hear it on this album. Contradictions Collapse is deeply rooted in thrash metal. You can hear it in the drumming and especially in the guitar riffs. However, we do see hints of what was in store. For a thrashy album there are some serious signs of technicality, use of various time signatures, and bits of jazz fusion, (in the solos). This is not a prog-metal album, I would say it is technical metal but it is a great work regardless.

This album does have a different sound from their later works. The guitars are not as heavy sounding and instead of their soul crushing, staccato, riffs this albums uses tremolo picking thrash metal riffs. However, even back in these days they use their mechanical, complex jazzy guitar solos. Fredrik is one hell of a player.

You can really hear the bass on this album, MUCH more than on later works, and I am always a fan of that. Their bassist at the time was Peter Nordin and while he may not lay down anything mind blowing, there is some great bass work here and you can REALLY hear it.

Jens vocals on this album are actually the most tolerable of any Meshuggah work. He employs a harsh, yet non pitched scream. This is perfectly tolerable for ANY fan of metal and the vocals actually fit the music quite well, as opposed to later albums where his vocals seem to just pierce everything.

My favorite part of Meshuggah. The drumming. Tomas Haake is, in my opinion, the best drummer there is right now. We all know his insane poly rhythmic drumming with complex bass patterns and pin point accuracy, not to mention some great jazzy beats. While you do hear traces of that this album features more straight forward thrash drumming, which is still impressive nonetheless.

Paralyzing Ignorance. Begins with a slow melodic intro which quickly picks up intensity. Here is some great work of Haake's drumming. A simple, slow riff begins before we are thrown into a chaotic bass section. Then the thrash begins. The rest of the song is very thrashy and their is a sweet solo in there.

Erroneous Manipulation. A nice heavy intro! For a while the song continues slow and heavy with some nice thrash bursts. The middle section is great! With some complex soloing, and even a small melodic section. Some crazy bass as well!

Abnegating Cecity. A nice thrashy song, though not extremely fast, and with some interesting solos throughout.

Internal Evidence. A sweet bass intro quickly followed by some technical drumming. Gotta love a drummer that can work some technicality into thrash! In fact this song has some of the albums most technical drumming, and some of his jazz prowess as well. Overall this song is quite progressive.

Qualms of Reality. Another nice thrashy song.

We'll Never See the Day. A fairly slow beginning that moves into a faster Metallica-esque downpicking riff. In fact this song has a VERY strong Metallica sound. However, the solos the bizzare meshuggah solo's we all love, and their is some great drumming yet again.

Greed. The beginning almost has a hardcore feel to it with the drums. Also, another great place to hear some killer bass. The song then goes into a thrashy section with some off beat drumming! It sounds like the Haake we now know. The song is pretty quick, and has a nice progression throughout.

Choirs of Devastation. An instrumental song (well not quite), this one is fairly mellow, (compared to the rest). There is a beautiful minute long opening, when some heavy riffs and great drumming kicks in. After some spoken word a REALLY groovy riff comes followed by some blazing, yet wonderful solos. Great ending. This is my favorite song from the album! A real winner here.

Cadaverous Mastication. Not one of my favorites, a good song but nothing spectacular here. The weakest on the album. Not bad really, but not good.

Overall, a great album! Obviously the regular progger should stay away from this, or any meshuggah album. However, fans of prog-metal this is a good work! It is still very thrashy so it depends on how metal your taste is. For me, this album is a solid 4 but for this site I give it 3 stars.

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#224520) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 04, 2009

1 stars BRÂNTĂ PROASTĂ ÎN BURDUF DE CÂINE And to think that we live in a world that cares about it's citizens ... If this was true, Contradictions Collapse wouldn't exist. It's outrageous to let such mind altering acoustic wreck add to the world's decrepitude. Such pollution should become ill ... (read more)

Report this review (#176843) | Posted by Zarec | Monday, July 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Meshuggah's debut isn't extremely prog, but you can sense the elements within this album. All in all it's an ultra-complex and experimental album, covering lots of ground as far as sounds and styles. The band hasn't completely come into their sound and would prove to be more solid as musicians ... (read more)

Report this review (#39567) | Posted by | Friday, July 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MESHUGGAH "Contradictions Collapse"