LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Yes - Yessongs (DVD, 1998) US $9.60 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey Ex Shape US $4.44 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $12.22 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) US $11.78 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yes, Minister - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2003, 4-Disc Set) US $38.60 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yes, Prime Minister - Set (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set) US $30.67 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Yes Man - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $7.38 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Movie: Bob The Builder Yes We Can! US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Yes Acoustic Live 2004 Concert Performance Classic Rock Band Music Video DVD NEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Yes Director's Cut Wondrous Songs Live Concert Performance Music Video DVD NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Yes Man-Blu-Ray-Jim Carrey-Bradley Cooper-Terrence Stamp-FREE SHIPPING!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 4h 51m
the yes men (new and sealed) two funny guys making fun of american business US $3.72 [0 bids]
6h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
DVD YES, CAPTAIN VOL.1-20END KOREAN DRAMA DVD GOOD EngLISH Subs US $36.79 Buy It Now 7h 13m
YES [Symphonic Live] DVD NEW dts US $3.80 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Yes: Symphonic Live [2 Discs] [DVD] US $4.99 [0 bids]
House of Yes - Live from House of Blues (DVD, 2000) US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 20m
YES FRAGILE DVD AUDIO DISC CD NEW SEALED SURROUND SOUND SQUIRE HOWE ANDERSON US $39.99 [0 bids]
9h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Mint US press YES Legends Of Rock : Greatest Video LD Laserdisc ACTO Video 1991 US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 17m
NICKLAUS,JACK-YES SIR JACK NICKLAUS & HISTORIC 1986... DVD NEW US $18.78 Buy It Now 11h 37m
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey US $2.99 [0 bids]
Saw II DVD Widescreen Oh Yes... There Will Be Blood. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - YesYears (VHS, 1991) Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Chris Squire..... US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Bob the Builder Dvd's- Yes We Can AND Dig! Lift! Haul! US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia US $6.30 Buy It Now 12h 54m
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA S US $5.00 [0 bids]
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA R US $5.00 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) Great Working Condition Very Clean US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 40m
" Yes Dear " complete set 20 discs DVD ( Comedy ) US $45.00 [5 bids]
Yes Man DVD US $2.85 Buy It Now 13h 51m
2 x DVD Yes - Soon Live (Manufactured, Rare Brazil Edition) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Say Yes! DVD (Chiling Lin, Bo Huang, Hailu Qin) - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $16.44 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Yes, Minister & Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection DVD US $79.99 Buy It Now 15h 20m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $4.95 [0 bids]
BRAND NEW SEALED Bob the Builder Yes We Can! DVD HIT Entertainment US $7.95 Buy It Now 15h 36m
Battle Of The Bulge,Henry Fonda,Robert Shaw,Robert Ryan,Charles Bronson,WAR,YES$ US $4.95 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs New DVD! Ships Fast! US $9.03 Buy It Now 16h 30m
34 DVD Movies-Unknown/HarrymetSally/Woodsman/Talladega/Yes Man/+ US $19.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Se) (2009) - Prev - Blu-ray US $6.05 Buy It Now 17h 32m
YES MAN ~ BLU-RAY ~ BRAND NEW ~ FREE SHIPPING! JIM CARREY US $6.94 Buy It Now 17h 51m
A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD, 2010) US $4.36 Buy It Now 18h 18m
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD) Andrea Libman, BRAND NEW! US $7.95 Buy It Now 19h 6m
Yes Nurse! No Nurse! (DVD, 2005) Gay - Dutch US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 9m
Yessongs. YES. Concert DVD. US $11.45 Buy It Now 19h 44m
Yes, Giorgio 1982 Luciano Pavarotti, Eddie Albert, James Hong, Kathryn Harrold US $29.83 Buy It Now 19h 57m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Widescreen Special Edition) Brand New and Sealed US $8.50 Buy It Now 20h 23m
Yes Man [Blu-ray] US $4.49 Buy It Now 20h 46m
VHS Yes - Greatest Video Hits 1991 Jon Andersen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.00 Buy It Now 21h 13m
Yes:classic Artists - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $20.49 Buy It Now 21h 38m
The Yes Men Fix the World DVD US $4.98 Buy It Now 21h 39m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h 40m
YES MAN - BLU-RAY - BRAND NEW - FREE SHIPPING - JIM CARREY US $6.00 Buy It Now 21h 53m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Silent Mobius Vol. 4 - Yes, My Master (VHS, 2000, Subtitled) US $9.95 Buy It Now 22h 28m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey! Freaking Hilarious! US $8.25 Buy It Now 22h 32m
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI-YES,GIORGIO DLX LETTER-BOX EDITION US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h
JIM HENSON'S MUPPET BABIES YES I CAN HELP SEALED VHS US $34.95 Buy It Now 23h 28m
2 DVDs - Fools Gold / Yes Man US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (VHS, 2005) US $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 36m
YES VIRGINIA NEW DVD US $13.09 Buy It Now 23h 55m
Yes Man & Me , Myself & Irene US $1.99 [0 bids]
T-Tapp Yes You Can With T-Tapp DVD Workout Fitness Teresa Tapp New Seminar US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) Jim Carry, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES YESSONGS 1973 CONCERT VIDEO NM+ VHS US $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - YESSONGS (VHS) 1989 VIDAMERICA THE 1973 CONCERT VIDEO US $2.99 [0 bids]
Saw (DVD, 2005, Widescreen) CARY ELWES, DANNY GLOVER,MONICA POTTER, HORROR- YES US $3.29 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Jim Carrey Triple Yes Man+Dumb And Dumber+Ace Ventura Pet Detective Reg2 New DVD US $22.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Ws) (2009) - Used - Dvd US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Yes Man [Blu-ray] (2008) US $11.80 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) ~OUT THERE~ALL REGIONS W/S DVD~NEW & SEALED~5.1 Dolby & DTS US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Yesspeak 35th Anniversary (2004) - New - Digital Video Disc US $14.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia (DVD 2010) Jennifer Love Hewitt Neil Patrick Harris Alfred Molina US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Three Stooges: Yes We Have No Bonanza; We Want Our Mummy: Restless Knights US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES YesSongs Japan Laserdisk NM w/Title sticker BVVP-40 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes DVD US $12.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) jim carrey US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 8 Heavy Metal Rock VHS OOP Metallica AC/DC OZZY RUSH DEF LEPPARD TULL YES US $19.95 [0 bids]
Yes - Best Of Musikladen (1999) - Used - Digital Video Disc US $5.81 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED NEW CBS Sneak Peak VHS Tape - Blockbuster - CSI & YES DEAR Premiere US $5.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia Dvd Based On A True Story English And Spanish Audio New US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 Blu-ray DVD - Sealed US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Years - A Retrospective 1991 VHS ULTRA-RARE PROMOTIONAL COPY **** WOW!!!!!!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mika Nakashima: Concert Tour 2007 - Yes my Joy (2007) Japan / DVD TAIWAN US $31.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! DVD US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Prime Minister Complete Collectio - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $48.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (DVD, 2002) US $7.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live At Montreux 2003 - BLR Region 4 Brand New Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - YESSPEAK NEW DVD US $21.10 Buy It Now 1 day
yes virginia dvd US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - Greatest Video Hits (DVD 2005) NTSC R1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES - House of Yes: Live From House of Blues (DVD 2000) NTSC R1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES - Symphonic Live (2DVD 2002) NTSC R1 Live 2001 US $13.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"