LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Rhino/Elektra 2003
DramaDrama
Extra tracks · Remastered
Elektra / Wea 2004
Yes Man DVD 2009 COMEDY ROMANCE TOP BOX OFFICE FILM Jim Carrey Zooey Deschanel US $9.27 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Yes Man DVD Dc Widescreen 2 Disc Special Edition US $19.55 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Yes Man Jim Carrey Used Blu-ray Disc Not Dvd US $2.99 [0 bids]
BOB THE BUILDER "YES WE CAN" DVD~PLUS BONUS ADVENTURES~46 MINUTES,NEW IN PACKAGE US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
???Sir??Sir Yes Sir. Sorry Sir Hong Kong DVD TVB Drama Series Complete (Chinese US $28.00 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Go for No the Movie: Yes is the Destination No is How.. US $14.95 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Legends of Rock Yes Years A Retrospective Laserdisc Excellent Condition 50250-6 US $10.00 [0 bids]
YES GREATEST VIDEO HITS DVD US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 27m
House of Yes - Live from House of Blues (DVD, 2000) US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $7.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) - NEW US $6.44 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Burn After Reading [Fantastic Movie - Incredibly Funny & Entertaining, YES!!] US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES GREATEST VIDEO HITS VHS UNPLAYED 1991 US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 43m
YES BOSS (SHAHRUKH KHAN, JUHI CHAWLA) - BOLLYWOOD HINDI DVD US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Yes Man Blu-ray US $7.78 Buy It Now 10h 15m
YES GIORGIO New Sealed DVD Luciano Pavarotti Warner Archive Collection US $15.32 Buy It Now 10h 57m
Yes - Yessongs VHS The 1973 Tour Concert Video US $2.95 Buy It Now 10h 58m
YES - Acoustic DVD with slipcase US $7.99 Buy It Now 11h
Rick Wakeman - Classic Rock Legends/new dvd/YES US $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 14m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.95 Buy It Now 11h 14m
YES New Sealed 2014 LONELY HEART: BEST OF THE LIVE PERFORMANCES DVD US $18.99 Buy It Now 11h 16m
STEVE HOWE of YES & ASIA New Sealed 2014 LIVE CONCERT & MORE DVD US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Yes Man (DVD, FULL & WIDESCREEN) JIM CARREY NO SCRATCHES US $2.69 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Yes (DVD, 2005) US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Yes: Live at Montreux 2003 DVD, Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Rick Wak US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h
NEW Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) US $10.99 Buy It Now 12h 28m
YES MAN new blu-ray JIM CARREY ZOOEY DESCHANEL BRADLEY COOPER TERENCE STAMP US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes Minister: The Complete Collection DVD, Derek Fowlds, Nigel Hawthorne, Paul E US $37.99 Buy It Now 13h
Saw Ii, Dvd. Oh Yes There Will Be Blood US $0.79 [0 bids]
The Yes Men DVD NEW Sealed US $3.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can!, Acceptable DVD, , US $3.98 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Magnification, Yes, Good US $36.83 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Yes - Live in Philadelphia 1979 (DVD, 2003) GREAT SHAPE US $7.35 Buy It Now 14h 52m
VHS Yes - Greatest Video Hits 1991 Jon Andersen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.25 Buy It Now 15h 46m
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 50m
Yes Man (2 Disc Special Edition), Excellent DVD, Molly Sims, Danny Masterson, Te US $5.08 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Yes Man DVD Comedy and PG-13 ? US $8.50 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Yes: Symphonic Live (DVD, 2 Discs, 2002, Eagle Vision/Panorama (Hong Kong)) US $29.95 Buy It Now 16h 35m
"YES MAN" - DVD MOVIE US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Ray, the Notebook, Yes Man, the Break-up US $5.00 [0 bids]
A Real American Hero & The Voyage of the Yes / 2 DVD Movies for one low price US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man Jim Carrey US $3.00 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Yes Yes DVD US $4.00 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Yes Man DVD JIM CARREY US $0.99 [0 bids]
e5047 Japan Laserdisc The History of BEAT CLUB vol.2, Deep Purple, Yes, Free ? US $38.90 Buy It Now 18h 3m
YES - SPEAK & ACOUSTIC - 35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - DVD - STEVE HOWE US $3.00 [0 bids]
YES EP Sampler - Classic Pictures- ETV DVD US $5.99 Buy It Now 18h 37m
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey Special Edition US $1.79 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Yes Yesspeak 35th Anniversary 2 DVD Set Signed Autographed By Rick Wakeman Rare! US $20.00 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON of YES New Sealed SOLO LIVE CONCERT DVD w 10 UNRELEASED SONGS + US $16.99 Buy It Now 19h 14m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) JIM CARREY 2008 WIDESCREEN US $0.99 Buy It Now 19h 38m
YES BOSS DVD SHAH RUKH KHAN JUHI CHAWLA ADITYA PANCHOLI US $3.99 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Yes Man (Special Edition) US $14.10 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Yes - Yessong Japan LD US $15.00 Buy It Now 20h 26m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) Jim Carrey FAST SHIPPING!!! US $4.99 [0 bids]
5 Jim Carrey DVD Lot: Liar Liar Ace Ventura The Number 23 Yes Man Lemony Snicket US $8.95 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Yes virginia there is a Santa claus dvd US $5.99 [0 bids]
Chaser's War On Everything - Yes We Canberra (DVD, 2010) US $15.79 Buy It Now 23h 31m
Yes You Can Sing Pepi Lemer VHS Booklet Audio Cassette US $74.89 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Yes Prime Minister - Series 2 DVD - New & Sealed! R.4 - Television Show US $20.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Prime Minister-Series 1 DVD - New & Sealed! R.4 - Television Show US $20.14 Buy It Now 1 day
Barack Obama: Yes We Can NEW R4 DVD US $18.58 Buy It Now 1 day
The Chaser - Yes We Canberra DVD - New & Sealed! R.4 - Television Show US $28.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Giorgio (DVD, 2009) US $4.95 [1 bids]
Yes Man DVD *NEW* US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dvd-yes Men Fix The World (2010) - Prev - Dvd US $2.01 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men, Excellent DVD, Dr. Andreas Bichlbauer, Mike Bonanno, Andy Bichlbaum US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
AsiA in Asia VHS John Wetton Geoff Downes Steve Howe Greg Lake YES ELP Buggles US $8.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Excellent DVD, Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradl US $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe (VHS, 1989) Yes Still Sealed New VHS Free Ship. US $5.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) Brand NEW w/slipcover US $10.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (Fix It) (DVD, 2005) US $6.99 [0 bids]
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA S US $4.00 [0 bids]
Laserdisc - Say Yes US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man DVD US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES-YESSONGS JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD) - Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, New Girl, Bradley Cooper US $0.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (NEW Special Widescreen DVD) Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper US $18.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Tha Alphabet Killer,Eliza Dushku,Carl Elwes,Timothy Hutton,R,Blu-ray,True,YES,$$ US $5.29 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob The Builder **Set of 5 VHS Videos** "CAN WE DO IT? YES, WE CAN!!" US $4.95 [0 bids]
Yes - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 - HD-DVD Format DVD - Brand New US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes System Dr. Nate Booth Influence Patients Comprehensive Dentistry US $499.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage 1973 Concert Video Of Original Yes Yessongs US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
I'll Say Yes DVD By Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir Worship 885915 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $1.75 [0 bids]
PRISTINE American Horror Story Season First 1 Widescreen DVD 4 yes 4 disc set US $17.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder Yes We Can!: B DVD US $12.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
6 DVD COMEDY Yes Man, Click, Talladega Nights, Big Daddy, Jeff Foxworthy US $6.99 [0 bids]
Vintage V H S Rock Video Tape Yes Greatest Video Hits US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.00 [1 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"