LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
Bob the Builder Yes We Can!~Full screen~Excellent! US $1.99 [0 bids]
49m 26s
JON ANDERSON of YES New Sealed SOLO LIVE CONCERT DVD w 10 UNRELEASED SONGS + US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can [VHS] by US $5.27 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Yes - Classic Artists *New DVD* US $11.54 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Japan MIKA NAKASHIMA ???? Yes My Joy 2007 Taiwan w/obi DVD+Promo 20-P New US $31.79 Buy It Now 5h 53m
The Syn: Syndestructible Tour DVD 2006 (w/Chris Squire & Alan White of Yes) US $8.50 [1 bids]
Yes Man (NEW Special Widescreen DVD) Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper US $18.08 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) $2 SHIPPING US $3.95 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Blu-Ray: Yes Man (2-Disc Set) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man DVD JIM CARREY US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yesacoustic (DVD, 2004) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE (DVD, 2007) SEALED EUROPE IMPORT prog US $24.50 Buy It Now 8h 44m
YES - CLASSICS 2DVD SET SEALED prog US $19.50 Buy It Now 8h 44m
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA R US $5.33 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Yes - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 - HD-DVD Format DVD - Brand New US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 58m
The Yes System Dr. Nate Booth Influence Patients Comprehensive Dentistry US $499.00 Buy It Now 9h 11m
YES, YOUR QUESTION RAVI ZACHARIAS 6 DVD SET COLLECTIONS FROM TOP UNIVERSITIES US $38.00 [0 bids]
YES! - John Mayer - "Any Given Thursday" DVD US $5.00 [0 bids]
New "Yes Virginia; There is a Santa Claus" Book and DVD set US $5.97 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.99 Buy It Now 10h 58m
I'll Say Yes DVD By Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir Worship 885915 US $14.99 Buy It Now 11h
YES - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 [DVD] [REGIONS 1,4] NEW DVD US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Bob the Builder Yes We Can!: B DVD US $12.79 Buy It Now 12h 54m
YES-YESSONGS JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 10m
YES MAN (2008) Jim Carrey Zooey Deschanel Bradley Cooper Terence Stamp Blu-ray US $9.95 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Yes Minister: The Complete Collection DVD, Derek Fowlds, Nigel Hawthorne, Paul E US $31.34 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Jim Henson's Preschool Collection - Yes, I Can Help (VHS, 1995) US $1.99 [0 bids]
The House of Yes (DVD, 1999) Parker Posey Dark Comedy US $17.99 Buy It Now 14h
YES - Greatest Video Hits - New Factory Sealed DVD - Definitive Video Collection US $8.99 Buy It Now 14h 2m
NEW DVD!! NBC NEWS PRESENTS:YES WE CAN THE BARACK OBAMA STORY,BIOGRAPHY US $14.49 Buy It Now 14h 3m
YES, DEAR: Rare '02 DVD, JEAN LOUISA KELLY, ANTHONY CLARK, MIKE O'MALLEY, 2 EPS US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) Near Mint condition Steve Howe US $9.00 [0 bids]
Hellsing Perfect Limited Edition Collection 3 disc Ultra Rare OOP! yes! DVD US $25.98 Buy It Now 14h 44m
Yes Man Blu-ray - New & Sealed! Region B US $15.16 Buy It Now 14h 54m
YES MAN (WS) (SPECIAL) (DIGIPAK) NEW BLURAY US $16.63 Buy It Now 15h 6m
Yes Giorgio Luciano Pavarotti Laserdisc Rare US $16.19 Buy It Now 16h 9m
NEW Yes Man Blu-Ray DVD Jim Carrey Sealed US $10.00 [0 bids]
The Yes Men DVD - Andreas Bichlbauer, Mike Bonanno, Andy Bichlbaum US $3.99 Buy It Now 16h 47m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.99 [0 bids]
A Real Anerican Hero / The Voyage Of The Yes Two Movies On One Brand New DVD US $4.49 Buy It Now 17h 20m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey, Bradley Cooper US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 30m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) NEIL PATRICK HARRIS - JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 48m
YES PRIME MINISTER: SERIES 2 (1987) NEW DVD US $17.79 Buy It Now 18h 17m
House of Yes - Live from House of Blues (VHS, 2000) US $3.86 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu Ray) US $39.75 Buy It Now 19h 19m
YES MEN FIX THE WORLD NEW DVD US $28.11 Buy It Now 19h 52m
A GREATER YES - ANNE UNDERWOOD/ BRADLEY DORSEY * R4 DVD (VGC/NM) US $6.39 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Yes 9012 Live Mexican Edition DVD US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Yes Acoustic Mexican Edition DVD US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Yes The New Director's Cut Mexican Edition DVD US $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 43m
Yes The Reaveling Science Of God Live DVD+CD US $36.99 Buy It Now 22h 43m
YES - YES ACOUSTIC [2010] BRAND NEW DVD JON ANDERSON STEVE HOWE US $5.95 [0 bids]
Yes Men, The (DVD, 2005) US $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Yes - Yessongs VHS The 1973 Tour Concert Video US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN BLU RAY DVD - Special Edition (AUSSIE SELLER) *REDUCED PRICE* $11.25 US $9.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Three Stooges: Yes We Have No Bonanza; We Want Our Mummy: Restless Knights US $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Get Smart/Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2013, 2-Disc Set) Tested! US $8.48 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Yes, Prime Minister - The Grand Design [VHS] US $14.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $11.99 [0 bids]
Les Ballets Trockadero, Vol. 2: Les Sylphides/Le Grand Pas de Quatre/Yes, Virgin US $15.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Live At Montreux 2003 Blu-Ray [Import] US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Symphonic Live 2DVD [Import] US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Symphonic Live Blu-Ray [Import] US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Years DVD [Import] US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - YESACOUSTIC [2010] [REGION 0] [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $7.89 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Yes, Virginia DVD (2010) Neil Patrick Harris, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Alfred M US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
3 "Jim Carrey" Blu-ray Discs...The Mask / Me, Myself & Irene / Yes Man! US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man. DVD. Comedy, Romance. Jim Carrey, PG-13 (2009) Widescreen US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Claus DVD NIB Neil Patrick Harris English Spanish US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
A Real American Hero / The Voyage Of The Yes [Slim Case] [DVD] (1974) US $0.25 [0 bids]
Backstage At BUDZ HOUSE,Comedy Special,Kevin Hart,Luenell,Faizon Love,R,DVD,YES$ US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) NEW SEAL US $6.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Minister - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2003, 4-Disc Set) US $5.00 [1 bids]
Owner of a Lonely Heart:best of Yes - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $18.36 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man = NEW Blu-Ray Region B US $15.07 Buy It Now 1 day
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (DVD, 2010) YES combine shipping! US $0.75 [2 bids]
YES Live In Philadelphia 1979 LIVE VIDEO DVD with 5.1 SURROUND SOUND and BONUS US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia (DVD 2010) Jennifer Love Hewitt Neil Patrick Harris Alfred Molina US $7.99 [0 bids]
5x Blu-ray Discs COMEDY : License to web, The Bucket List, Yes Man, etc... US $14.00 [0 bids]
Yes - 9012 Live (VHS) 1985 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
"According yes! Nyaruko's" Blu-ray BOX (Limited Edition) JAPAN ANIME US $322.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Brand New and Sealed Yes, Virginia There Is A Santa Claus Animated (DVD, 2010) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Symphonic Live NEW DVD US $7.25 Buy It Now 1 day
LOT OF 8 Heavy Metal Rock VHS OOP Metallica AC/DC OZZY RUSH DEF LEPPARD TULL YES US $17.95 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs VHS The 1973 Tour Concert Video US $2.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Yesacoustic (DVD, 2004) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Little House on the Prairie - Special Edition Movie Boxed Set (Look Back to Yes US $27.33 Buy It Now 2 days
VHS: SAY YES....JONATHAN WINTERS~ US $5.77 Buy It Now 2 days
YES New Sealed 2014 35th ANNIVERSARY LIVE CONCERT BLU RAY US $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]
A Real American Hero / The Voyage Of The Yes [Slim Case] [DVD] (1974) US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage V H S Rock Video Tape Yes Greatest Video Hits US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"