LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Atlantic 2003
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.00 Buy It Now 32m 57s
Inside Yes: A Critical Review 1968-1973 US $4.99 Buy It Now 35m 59s
Yes Virginia US $6.39 Buy It Now 1h 12m
5 Yes Prime Minister VHS Bishop's Gambit Official Secrets, Power 2 People US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) Great Working Condition Very Clean US $4.79 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Say Yes! DVD (Chiling Lin, Bo Huang, Hailu Qin) - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $15.35 Buy It Now 3h 4m
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) GetDVDFlix US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe (VHS, 1989) Yes. New Condition Sealed VHS. US $5.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Minister & Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection DVD US $65.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
BRAND NEW SEALED Bob the Builder Yes We Can! DVD HIT Entertainment US $7.15 Buy It Now 3h 53m
A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD, 2010) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes: Live At Montreux 2003 (Blu-ray) US $9.76 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! (DVD, 2009) FAST SHIPPING US $7.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD 2009)~Like New Condition Excellent Movie Price Reduced US $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Yes / Live 1975 at Q.P.R. vol.1 DVD US $40.00 Buy It Now 8h 10m
Yes, Giorgio 1982 Luciano Pavarotti, Eddie Albert, James Hong, Kathryn Harrold US $29.83 Buy It Now 8h 14m
YES - TOTAL ROCK REVIEW - NEW DVD US $14.57 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Widescreen Special Edition) Brand New and Sealed US $8.50 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Yes Giorgio VHS OOP Luciano Pavarotti Kathyrn Harrold Opera Musical US $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.75 Buy It Now 9h 30m
THE YES MEN PRANKS JOKES GAGS ANDY BICHLBAUM MIKE BONANNO SMITH DVD US $3.21 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Yes:classic Artists - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $20.49 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Silent Mobius Vol. 4 - Yes, My Master (VHS, 2000, Subtitled) US $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 46m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey! Freaking Hilarious! US $8.25 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Yes Acoustic Live 2004 Concert Performance Classic Rock Band Music Video DVD NEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 11h 3m
(6) Jim Carrey Movies DVD Liar Liar, Ace Ventura, Yes Man, Bruce Almighty, Dumb US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.29 Buy It Now 11h 42m
JIM HENSON'S MUPPET BABIES YES I CAN HELP SEALED VHS US $34.95 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Yes Director's Cut Wondrous Songs Live Concert Performance Music Video DVD NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 50m
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (VHS, 2005) US $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 54m
The Yes Men DVD New Sealed US $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 56m
T-Tapp Yes You Can With T-Tapp DVD Workout Fitness Teresa Tapp New Seminar US $11.95 Buy It Now 12h 20m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) Jim Carry, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper US $6.49 Buy It Now 12h 30m
YES VIRGINIA NEW DVD US $12.42 Buy It Now 12h 43m
YES YESSONGS 1973 CONCERT VIDEO NM+ VHS US $17.95 Buy It Now 12h 46m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Yes "Yessongs" 9 tracks, Live in London, December 1972 - Roger Dean Cover US $17.50 Buy It Now 13h 38m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $1.99 [0 bids]
NEW Yes Man [Blu-ray] (2008) US $11.54 Buy It Now 13h 57m
RICK WAKEMAN (YES) ~OUT THERE~ALL REGIONS W/S DVD~NEW & SEALED~5.1 Dolby & DTS US $5.95 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Yes Madam 5 New Dvd US $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 10m
YES:Greatest Video Hits: DVD NEW US $17.60 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.00 [0 bids]
YES YesSongs Japan Laserdisk NM w/Title sticker BVVP-40 US $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 58m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.09 [0 bids]
SEALED NEW CBS Sneak Peak VHS Tape - Blockbuster - CSI & YES DEAR Premiere US $5.35 Buy It Now 21h 34m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 35m
rare CD/DVD PROMO ONLY 80s Howard Jones A-HA Bananarama COMMUNARDS SimpleRed YES US $47.99 Buy It Now 22h 20m
Yes - LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 Blu-ray DVD - Sealed US $11.99 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Yes Years - A Retrospective 1991 VHS ULTRA-RARE PROMOTIONAL COPY **** WOW!!!!!!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 41m
Yessongs. YES. Concert DVD. US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $14.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Prime Minister Complete Collectio - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $48.36 Buy It Now 1 day
CHILDREN/FAMILY-A GREATER YES DVD NEW US $10.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live At Montreux 2003 - BLR Region 4 Brand New Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 9 DVD's - Hitch; Hot Shots; Major League; Van Wilder; Yes Man and more US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES - YESSPEAK NEW DVD US $20.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes:live At the Montreux - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $14.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Mika Nakashima: Concert Tour 2007 - Yes my Joy (2007) Japan / DVD TAIWAN US $31.69 Buy It Now 1 day
YES 35th Anniversary Concert SONGS FROM TSONGAS 2-DVD Set US $17.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Good DVD, Cecilia Antoinette, Molly Sims, Danny M US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Harley, Bill-Yes To Running: Bill Harley DVD NEW US $15.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Jon Anderson - SYMPHONIC LIVE 2-DVD Set - Sealed US $5.95 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Very Good Condition! US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES, YOU CAN! VHS EXERCISE VIDEO FOR M.S. US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES New Sealed 2014 35th ANNIVERSARY LIVE CONCERT BLU RAY US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man - Blu-Ray Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $13.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Yessong Japan LD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES-LIKE IT IS - YES AT THE BRISTOL HIPPODROME-JAPAN BLU-RAY N44 US $57.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES-LIKE IT IS - YES AT THE BRISTOL... -JAPAN DVD+ 2 CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed Q06 US $67.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES-LIKE IT IS - YES AT THE BRISTOL..-JAPAN BLU-RAY+ 2 CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed S69 US $77.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES-LIKE IT IS - YES AT THE BRISTOL HIPPODROME-JAPAN DVD K81 US $47.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Saw II (DVD, 2006) Shawnee Smith, Tony Nappo Oh yes, there will be blood Full US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN Blu Ray US $4.50 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $4.99 [0 bids]
NEW Yes Man DVD US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Acceptable DVD, Cecilia Antoinette, Molly Sims, D US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003 BY YES (Blu-Ray) US $22.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) Jim Carey WS NEW (READ DESCRIPTION) US $7.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $6.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009)BILINGUAL US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) US $0.10 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia There is a Santa Claus DVD English and Spanish Audio New US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes-Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert (Blu-Ray) US $13.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Prime Minister Complete Collection 3 discs - free S&H US $17.00 [5 bids]
Yes Minister Complete Collection 4 discs - free S&H US $4.99 [1 bids]
Yes But - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $24.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Sir, Sorry Sir! ???SIR??SIR ~ TVB Hong Kong Cantonese Drama DVD w/ Eng Sub US $43.90 Buy It Now 1 day
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI-YES,GIORGIO DLX LETTER-BOX EDITION US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men-2003-Jacques Servin-Movie-DVD US $17.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Classic Artists - Yes DVD - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $26.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $6.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes (DVD, 2005) US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) Jim Carrey Zooey Deschanel Bradley Cooper US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"