LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
FragileFragile
Frontiers Records 2011
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
GET SMART/YES MAN - NEW BLU-RAY BOXSET US $11.67 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Yes - Symphonic Live (DVD+CD) PAL - Jon Anderson Prog Rock US $7.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Keys To Ascension (DVD) PAL - Jon Anderson Genesis Prog Rock US $7.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia 2010 DVD Video Based On A True Story Retail: $9.99 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus Video VHS VGC RARE US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
"GREATEST VIDEO HITS" YES VHS VG+ US $4.49 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $5.97 Buy It Now 9h 42m
2 x DVD Yes - Soon Live (Manufactured, Rare Brazil Edition) US $32.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.50 Buy It Now 10h 41m
(5) Jim Carrey DVD Movies: Yes Man Man On the Moon Batman Forever Bruce Almighty US $10.95 Buy It Now 11h 2m
(6) Jim Carrey DVD Movies: Yes Man The Cable Guy The Number 23 Bruce Almighty US $12.95 Buy It Now 11h 15m
YES MAN- DVD: JIM CARREY US $3.50 Buy It Now 11h 19m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) - Like New! US $3.00 [0 bids]
The House of Yes (DVD, 1999) US $16.00 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 19m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) US $2.79 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! / Can We Fix It? (DVD 2 disc set) NEW US $15.37 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) jim carrey US $3.50 [0 bids]
Yes Live in Philadelphia 1979 DVD US $5.50 [0 bids]
Yes Man [WS/P&S] (2009, DVD New) WS/FS US $3.15 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Yes Man [WS] [Special Edition] [Includes Digital (2009, Blu-ray New) BLU-RAY/WS US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection [3 Disc (2005, DVD New) CLR/CC/Snap US $32.97 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Yes Minister: The Complete Collection [4 Discs] (2005, DVD New) US $47.29 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Get Smart (2008) /Yes Man (2013, Blu-ray New) BLU-RAY/WS US $8.25 Buy It Now 13h 57m
LOT 3 *** Yes Minister - (VHS) 4 1980 BBC classic sitcom US $0.99 [0 bids]
14h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.29 [0 bids]
Bob The Builder , Yes We Can (2004) US $0.50 [0 bids]
Yes - Keys To Ascension DVD Jon Anderson Chris Squire Steve Howe Rick Wakeman ! US $16.38 Buy It Now 15h 30m
The Yes Men Fix the World (DVD, 2010), DVD ONLY, (Acc), +Free S/H Rates US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Nurse! No Nurse! (DVD, 2005) RARE AND OOP US $11.99 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Yes, Minister TV Show Lot of 9 Audio Cassettes Nigel Hawthorne Paul Eddington US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man, Very Good DVD, Terence Stamp, John Michael Higgins, Zooey Deschanel, Ji US $4.00 Buy It Now 16h 20m
Morning Musume DVD Egao YES Nude w/obi photo card NEW US $0.99 [1 bids]
Yes Man - Blu-Ray Region B Brand New US $17.74 Buy It Now 17h
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]
New! (2) VHS Lot "JUST SAY YES Vol. 1+2" Sire Morrissey/Ministry/Betty Boo/Ice-T US $28.88 Buy It Now 17h 56m
Complete YES MINISTER 1 2 & 3 YES PRIME MINISTER 1 & 2 US $61.61 Buy It Now 18h 32m
RARE VHS - *YES: Greatest Video Hits* [G] {1991} Music US $18.22 Buy It Now 18h 48m
Yes Man DVD 2009 ? Comedy ? Jim Carrey ? TOP BOX OFFICE FILM ? US $8.36 Buy It Now 21h 3m
Yes Minister Series One, DVD Excellent Condition - R4 US $11.21 [0 bids]
Yes Prime Minister BBC Region 2 Complete Collection (DVD) Genuine UK Set US $12.00 [0 bids]
BBC Yes, Minister Complete Collection (DVD) Region 2 -Genuine UK Set US $15.00 [0 bids]
AsiA in Asia VHS John Wetton Geoff Downes Steve Howe Greg Lake YES ELP Buggles US $9.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Go for No the Movie: Yes is the Destination No is How.. US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
House of Yes - Live from House of Blues (DVD, 2000) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $1.00 [0 bids]
DVD Lot, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Napoleon Dynamite, Shallow Hal, Yes Man US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey US $0.99 [1 bids]
YES BOSS (SHAHRUKH KHAN, JUHI CHAWLA) - BOLLYWOOD HINDI DVD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES-YESSONGS JAPAN US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD Jim Carrey Special Edition US $1.79 Buy It Now 1 day
YES New Sealed 2014 LONELY HEART: BEST OF THE LIVE PERFORMANCES DVD US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEVE HOWE of YES & ASIA New Sealed 2014 LIVE CONCERT & MORE DVD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $5.98 [0 bids]
YES - Acoustic DVD with slipcase US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Wakeman - Classic Rock Legends/new dvd/YES US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD, 2002) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - The Director's Cut (DVD, 2008, 2-Disc Set) US $15.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Say Yes Enterprise ????? Taiwan Drama US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Yes - Live at Montreux 2003 (DVD, 2007) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN new blu-ray JIM CARREY ZOOEY DESCHANEL BRADLEY COOPER TERENCE STAMP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [1 bids]
Yes: Classic Artists (2008, DVD New) US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD New) US $4.05 Buy It Now 1 day
YES PRIME MINISTER: SERIES 2 (1987) NEW DVD US $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE YES MEN PRANKS JOKES GAGS ANDY BICHLBAUM MIKE BONANNO SMITH US $0.95 [0 bids]
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe In the Big Dream Yes Video Rare VHS 1989 US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES SYMPHONIC LIVE NEW DVD US $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes: Symphonic Live (DVD, 2 Discs, 2002, Eagle Vision/Panorama (Hong Kong)) US $26.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (DVD+CD Collector's Edition) US $10.99 [0 bids]
"YES MAN" - DVD MOVIE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Real American Hero & The Voyage of the Yes / 2 DVD Movies for one low price US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Yes DVD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YES LIVE FROM THE HOUSE OF BLUES DVD US $12.99 [0 bids]
e5047 Japan Laserdisc The History of BEAT CLUB vol.2, Deep Purple, Yes, Free ? US $38.90 Buy It Now 1 day
YES EP Sampler - Classic Pictures- ETV DVD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
F/S New Yes First Specification Marudo~Ukku Scramble Exhaust Blu-Ray Disc 1a US $119.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Excellent DVD, Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradl US $1.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.49 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessong Japan LD US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Comedy DVD Collection - Couples Retreat, Heartbreak Kid, The Other Guys, Yes Man US $15.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men, Excellent DVD, Dr. Andreas Bichlbauer, Mike Bonanno, Andy Bichlbaum US $1.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man Widescreen and Full Screen Dual Format DVD US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
#285- Newish VHS * Phil Vassar - featuring " I'LL TAKE THAT AS A YES " US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Minister-Series 1 DVD - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $21.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Prime Minister - Series 2 DVD - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $21.15 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"