LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Fly From HereFly From Here
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
BOB THE BUILDER - YES WE CAN! [BACK TO SCHOOL PACKAGING] - NEW DVD US $4.78 Buy It Now 32m 37s
YES GREATEST VIDEO HITS VHS STEVE HOWE JON ANDERSON US $20.00 Buy It Now 40m 22s
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $1.48 Buy It Now 55m 48s
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Get Smart/Yes Man (Blu-Ray/Dbfe) US $9.19 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $7.23 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Bob The Builder YES WE CAN! DVD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Yes [DVD] (2005) Joan Allen; Simon Abkarian; Sam Neill; Shirley Henderson US $4.39 Buy It Now 4h 35m
Brand New and Sealed Yes, Virginia There Is A Santa Claus Animated (DVD, 2010) US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Say Yes DVD Lin Chiling Huang Bo Godfrey Gao NEW R3 English Subtitles US $12.34 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe In the Big Dream Yes Video Rare VHS 1989 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Yes Sir Jack Nicklaus And The Historic 1986 Masters Victory Aae US $22.29 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES - LIVE IN AMSTERDAM [DVD BOXSET] - NEW DVD BOXSET US $9.64 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Yes Man DVD *NEW* US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Get Smart (2008)/Yes Man Blu-ray US $7.74 Buy It Now 13h 5m
Yes - Symphonic Live (DVD + CD Collector's Edition) NEW US $13.09 Buy It Now 13h 50m
YES YOU CAN-YES YOU CAN DVD NEW US $14.56 Buy It Now 14h 48m
THE HOUSE OF YES VHS Parker Posey TORI SPELLING Freddie Prinze Jr. MINT! US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 3m
Yes, Sir. Sorry, Sir! ???Sir??Sir "Moses Chan, Tavia Yeung, Ron Ng" TVB US $10.99 Buy It Now 16h 22m
Bob the Builder Yes We Can! 120 MINS 3 GAMES READ ALONG KIDS NEW! DVD FREE SHIP! US $6.88 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 12m
YOLANDA ADAMS ONLY IF GOD SAYS YES (ACCOMPANIMENT PERFORMANCE TRACK) US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 38m
BOB THE BUILDER "YES WE CAN" DVD~PLUS BONUS ADVENTURES~46 MINUTES,NEW IN PACKAGE US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can!, Good DVD, , US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 39m
HOUSE OF YES RARE DVD Parker Posey Josh Hamilton Tori Spelling Jackie O US $31.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Yes, Virginia 2010 DVD Video Based On A True Story Retail: $9.99 US $6.00 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.09 [0 bids]
BOB THE BUILDER:YES WE CAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
TROY,Brad Pitt,Eric Bana,Orlando Bloom,Diane Kruger,Sean Bean,2-Disc Edition,YES US $1.49 [0 bids]
The Internship,Vince Vaughn,Owen Wilson,2013,Rose Byrne,Max Minghella,Comedy,YES US $4.25 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $8.00 Buy It Now 21h 48m
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $1.00 Buy It Now 23h 11m
yes prime minister series 2 NEW DVD US $9.73 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Yes Yespeak 2003 US PROMO NTSC DVD Howe Wakeman Anderson Squire White NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 57m
YES - YESSONGS / NEW DVD US $19.03 Buy It Now 1 day
YES MAN (2008) NEW BLU-RAY US $14.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe Evening of Yes Japan DBL Laserdisc 1995 ABWH LD US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ray, the Notebook, Yes Man, the Break-up US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES: SYMPHONIC LIVE NEW BLU-RAY US $24.09 Buy It Now 1 day
GET SMART (2008) / YES MAN (2PC) (2 PACK) NEW BLURAY US $17.16 Buy It Now 1 day
WONDER STUFF - OH YES ITS THE WONDER STUFF (UK) NEW DVD US $44.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $5.00 [0 bids]
DVD USED YES MAN JIM CARREY US $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
YES SONGS YESSONGS 1973 (ID7033VA) FS DIGITAL CLV US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Greater Yes: The True Story of Amy Newhouse (DVD, 2010) **BRAND NEW** US $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men - Dvd Brand New (Comedy) R4 US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] (2009) Jim Carrey; Zooey Deschanel US $3.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2012) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Good DVD, Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Co US $1.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
YES-KEYS TO ASCENSION / (FULL AC3 DOL) DVD NEW US $19.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Saw (DVD, 2005, Widescreen) CARY ELWES, DANNY GLOVER,MONICA POTTER, HORROR- YES US $3.99 [0 bids]
Bob The Builder Yes We Can DVD US $11.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Harley Yes To Running: Bill Harley Live DVD US $9.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can [VHS] by US $5.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes You Can! DVD US $8.46 Buy It Now 1 day
NBC News Presents: Yes We Can! - The Barack Obama Story DVD US $4.80 Buy It Now 1 day
SAW II L/N DVD, 2-Disc Set, Uncut Edition OH YES.THERE WILL BE BLOOD! FAST SHP US $5.29 Buy It Now 1 day
GET SMART/YES MAN - NEW BLU-RAY BOXSET US $10.73 Buy It Now 1 day
A Greater Yes: The Story of Amy Newhouse DVD US $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Meet the Parents Wedding Crashers Something About Mary I Love You Man Yes Man US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) New Product US $3.25 [4 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005)*SAVE*CLEARANCE*SAVE NOW! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, Used) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus Video VHS VGC RARE US $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - 35th Anniversary Concert: Songs From Tsongas (DVD, 2004, 2-Disc Set) US $4.99 [1 bids]
"GREATEST VIDEO HITS" YES VHS VG+ US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Live in Amsterdam (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $15.99 [0 bids]
US press YES Yessongs LD Gatefold Laserdisc 1974 IMAGE ID3144CL JAPAN rare US $49.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Bollywood 2 Filme Zamaana Deewana Yes Boss DVD New US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) US $0.69 [0 bids]
YES MAN BY CARREY,JIM (Blu-Ray) US $17.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
The BOURNE SUPREMACY,Matt Damon,Karl Urban,Joan Allen,Julia Stiles,Brian Cox,YES US $1.49 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.29 [0 bids]
YES New Sealed Ltd Ed 2014 GREATEST HITS & PERFORMANCES CD & DVD SET US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia DVD - Macy's Neil Patrick Harris, Jennifer Love Hewitt - NEW US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES**SYMPHONIC LIVE**BLU-RAY US $12.27 Buy It Now 1 day
The Karate Kid,Jaden Smith,Jackie Chan,Justin Bieber Music Video,R,2010,YES$$$$$ US $2.49 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) FANTASTIC ANIMATION!!! BASED ON A TRUE STORY! US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2010) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! / Can We Fix It? (DVD 2 disc set) NEW US $15.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man Widescreen and Full Screen Dual Format DVD US $3.49 [0 bids]
YES LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979 DVD FACTORY SEALED NEW MINT CLASSIC ROCK MUSIC US $19.99 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus (VHS, 1994) US $0.99 [0 bids]
SAGA Trust CD+DVD Special Edition PROG (Rush, Genesis, Styx, RPWL, Yes, Utopia) US $16.99 [0 bids]
YES MAN JIM CARREY (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Yes Man DVD Comedy and PG-13 ? US $8.50 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition) US $1.00 [0 bids]
VHS Yes - Greatest Video Hits 1991 Jon Andersen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes - 9012Live - New Sealed Official USA Image DVD - RARE! NOT Bootleg US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
New! (2) VHS Lot "JUST SAY YES Vol. 1+2" Sire Morrissey/Ministry/Betty Boo/Ice-T US $28.88 Buy It Now 2 days
What Happens When Women Say Yes to God (2011, DVD) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009, Blu-Ray ONLY) US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"