LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA 1979

- Steve Howe / guitars
- Alan White / drums

DVD BMG Special Products # 45901
Released date: Sep 30, 2003

Thanks to Gatot for the addition
and to m@x for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) - BRAND NEW - FACTORY SEALED - JIM CAREY - ZOOEY DESCHANEL - US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Yes / Rock Of The 70s DVD US $25.27 Buy It Now 4h 48m
YES MAN - JIM CARREY - ZOOEY DESCHANEL - BRADLEY COOPER - BLU-RAY US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.75 Buy It Now 6h 46m
YES VIRGINIA / NEW DVD US $12.36 Buy It Now 6h 59m
-YES WE CAN DVD NEW US $10.41 Buy It Now 7h 3m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.10 Buy It Now 7h 27m
2 DRAGON TALES DVDS-WE CAN WORK IT OUT & YES,WE CAN US $2.99 [0 bids]
NEW BOB The BUILDER in YES WE CAN a KIDS Learning is FUN Movie US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Dragon Tales - Yes, We Can! (DVD, 2002) US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Very Good Condition! US $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 52m
The Yes Men (DVD, 2005) US $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Yes, Virginia (DVD, 2013) US $3.99 [1 bids]
The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir: I'll Say Yes by Brooklyn Tabernacle US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 5 DVDs Comedy Movies Yes Man Date Night My Big Fat Greek Wedding US $20.00 Buy It Now 11h 39m
Yes - Keys To Ascension DVD Jon Anderson Chris Squire Steve Howe Rick Wakeman ! US $16.74 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009, 2-Disc Set With Digitial Copy) FREE USA SHIPPING! US $7.89 Buy It Now 12h 12m
Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe (1989, VHS) YES RARE!! US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Movie Comedy Jim Carrey Zooey Deschanel US $4.97 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Anne Kashiwa Tim Lewis Walk Yes We're Walking Video VHS US $4.99 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) KIDS CHILDRENS US $9.95 Buy It Now 14h 24m
The Yes Men Fix The World US $8.96 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! US $9.86 Buy It Now 14h 25m
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! (Bilingue) US $9.86 Buy It Now 14h 26m
YES - Yesspeak - 35th Anniversary (DVD, 2004) THE CLASSIC LINE UP US $4.99 Buy It Now 14h 40m
DRAGON TALES-YES WE CAN / (DUB SUB DTS) DVD NEW US $10.60 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Yes Man (DVD 2009)~Like New Condition Excellent Movie Price Reduced US $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 50m
HBO 2014 Emmy Consideration 29 DVD set YES 29 DVD's US $60.00 [0 bids]
The House of Yes (DVD, 1999) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder: Yes We Can! US $4.00 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Get Smart/Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2013, 2-Disc Set); FAST SHIPPING US $3.33 [2 bids]
Yes, Prime Minister Complete Collection 3 DVD Set Nigel Hawthorne Paul Eddington US $20.00 [1 bids]
CAT.8,2013,Matthew Modine,Maxim Roy,Ted Whittall,Not Rated,Doomsday Series,YES$$ US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES YESSONGS DVD New Sealed US $9.70 Buy It Now 17h 21m
Yes - Fragile (DVD Audio, 2002) US $136.99 Buy It Now 17h 44m
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes, Giorgio DVD Movie 1982 US $19.92 Buy It Now 17h 59m
The YES MEN (2003) Andy Bichlbaum Mike Bonanno Michael Moore Marco Deserlis US $7.95 Buy It Now 18h 39m
The Yes Men DVD New Sealed US $2.99 Buy It Now 20h 5m
Yes Man DVD - Special Edition - DISC is MINT !!! US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - The Best of Musikladen Live, , New DVD, , US $57.38 Buy It Now 21h 47m
YES MAN (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $7.38 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus VHS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (Single-Disc Edition), Good DVD, Cecilia Antoinette, Molly Sims, Danny M US $1.00 Buy It Now 23h 23m
Yes: The Revealing Science of God DVD US $10.88 Buy It Now 23h 49m
Yes/The Moody Blues: Live Rarities DVD US $10.22 Buy It Now 23h 49m
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $6.28 [0 bids]
Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection *New DVD* US $23.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Yessongs *New DVD* US $8.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Minister: The Complete Collection *New DVD* US $32.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Brand New and Sealed Yes, Virginia There Is A Santa Claus Animated (DVD, 2010) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes NEW R4 DVD US $18.38 Buy It Now 1 day
DVD YES, CAPTAIN VOL.1-20END KOREAN DRAMA DVD GOOD EngLISH Subs US $34.95 Buy It Now 1 day
YES [Symphonic Live] DVD NEW dts US $3.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Special Edition) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Yes Men DVD NEW Sealed US $3.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) Jim Carrey Language & Subtitle English Francais & Espanol US $1.29 [0 bids]
Yes Giorgio VHS OOP Luciano Pavarotti Kathyrn Harrold Opera Musical US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $3.50 [0 bids]
YES MAN BLU RAY DVD - Special Edition (AUSSIE SELLER) *REDUCED PRICE* $11.25 US $9.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man DVD *NEW* US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NICKLAUS,JACK-YES SIR JACK NICKLAUS & HISTORIC 1986... DVD NEW US $18.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - YesYears (VHS, 1991) Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Chris Squire..... US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES KEYS TO ASCENSION DVD ONLY IN BRAZIL DIFFERENT COVER & BCKCOVER IN PORUGUESE US $29.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Warner Bros 883316126035 Yes Giorgio!, DVD US $31.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Inside Yes: A Critical Review 1968-1973 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Virginia US $6.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia 2010 DVD Video Based On A True Story Retail: $9.99 US $2.88 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (Fix It) (DVD, 2005) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Bob the Builder - Yes We Can! (DVD, 2005) Great Working Condition Very Clean US $4.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Virginia DVD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Say Yes! DVD (Chiling Lin, Bo Huang, Hailu Qin) - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $15.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Acoustic Live 2004 Concert Performance Classic Rock Band Music Video DVD NEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes, Minister & Yes, Prime Minister: The Complete Collection DVD US $65.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAND NEW SEALED Bob the Builder Yes We Can! DVD HIT Entertainment US $7.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Director's Cut Wondrous Songs Live Concert Performance Music Video DVD NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.09 [0 bids]
BOB THE BUILDER "YES WE CAN" DVD~PLUS BONUS ADVENTURES~46 MINUTES,NEW IN PACKAGE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW "YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS" ANIMATED DVD HARRIS HEWITT, MOLINA R US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes, Giorgio 1982 Luciano Pavarotti, Eddie Albert, James Hong, Kathryn Harrold US $29.83 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - TOTAL ROCK REVIEW - NEW DVD US $14.57 Buy It Now 1 day
TROY,Brad Pitt,Eric Bana,Orlando Bloom,Diane Kruger,Sean Bean,2-Disc Edition,YES US $1.49 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009, Widescreen Special Edition) Brand New and Sealed US $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Internship,Vince Vaughn,Owen Wilson,2013,Rose Byrne,Max Minghella,Comedy,YES US $4.25 [0 bids]
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Clause Movie DVD New US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VHS Yes - Greatest Video Hits 1991 Jon Andersen, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe US $5.00 [0 bids]
(7) Jim Carrey DVD Lot: The Mask The Majestic Yes Man Dumb & Dumber & MORE US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (DVD, 2009) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A Greater Yes *New DVD* US $4.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE YES MEN PRANKS JOKES GAGS ANDY BICHLBAUM MIKE BONANNO SMITH DVD US $3.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes:classic Artists - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $20.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes Man (Blu-ray Disc, 2009) US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGEL HAWTHORNE YES MINISTER STAR SIGNED COVER +1 PHOTO US $16.67 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 ratings distribution

YES Live in Philadelphia 1979 reviews

Review by Gatot
1 stars Don't get me wrong with the rating. I just want to use the rating system appropriately. I'm a great fan of Yes but I will not recommend you to have this DVD in your collection unless you really a die-hard fan of the band. Even, if you have this DVD, I'm sure that it's gonna serve you as a documentary thing. It applies to me really. I rarely watch this video because of one good reason: the audio quality is poor. It's not that the sound is not high fidelity as in the case of Yessongs DVD; but the audio volume is inconsistent - sometime is loud and the outher time is soft.

The definitive aim for me to have it, in additoon to the 'big-fan' factor, is the footage of "Circus of Heaven" in this live set. As you know, when I reviewed Yes "Tormato" my firrst love with the album was with this song. So I was so curious to see how it's like being performed live. Recorded on videotape at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 21, 1979, this Yes concert finds the band during the summer leg of their "In the Round" tour, which was the last to feature the band's "classic" lineup of vocalist Jon Anderson, guitar wizard Steve Howe, bassist Chris Squire, drummer Alan White, and keyboardist Rick Wakeman. With this in mind, it's a historic live performance, isn't it? Yeah, it is for me. What followed, as you know it, Rick and Jon left the band and they were absent for YES "Drama" album.

Don't expect that "The Ancient" performed in this live set is as full coverage track of the original album! It's only the acoustic guitar part with vocal and without the stunning acoustic guitar solo - just rhythm section. Too bad. "Starship Trooper" is performed excellently with great keyboard solo. There is also short drum solo by Alan White augmented with Rick's keyboard effects.

It's only good for completionists who want to collect anything YES. Keep on proggin'!

Progressively yours, GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#39715) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 18, 2005

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars My low rating is not for the performance of the band, which I believe was probably excellent. My rating is for the extremely low quality of the finished product. The picture quality is murky, and when I say murky I mean really murky. Even compared with most other concert films from the 70's I have ever seen. Even the Yessongs video has excellent picture quality compared to this. The sound quality is also not the best, the mix is not quite what it ought to be (or maybe just the best you could do given the source material). But maybe the biggest problem of all is the short running time. This is very far from a complete show.

To me this release is a strictly historical document and not one for listening/viewing pleasure. I can recommend it only to Yes scholars and serious collectors and even to them only after having invested in all other Yes DVD's out there. I have quite a few Yes DVD's myself (I think I have most of them) and this one is among the very worst.

Avoid!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#199710) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review by thehallway
2 stars Yessongs but circular

Was this show filmed on a home video camera? The quality is very poor, both in terms of sound and visually. The band were probably doing fine on that evening but this recording doesn't do them justice. I'm confused as to why it was released in the first place, especially considering how short it is; there's only about 40 minutes of footage and five and a half songs. It can't possibly be the full show. Having said that, 'Starship Trooper' is great (keytar!) and White treats us to a little drum solo.

Definately non-essential, unless you were there. Stick with Yessongs.

*Oh and Chris Welch's introduction isn't really relevant, even though he is a nice man.

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279209) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars An energetic and very good live concert by Yes filmed at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, in 21 June 1979, during their last tour from the seventies. It is a shame that the quality of the video and more particularly of the audio of this concert video are not very good, in fact sounding very distant, like a bootleg sometimes despite being an official release. They still play at their peak as musicians, with a lot of enthusiasm, looking like really enjoying their playing. The audience also sounds and looks very happy. It is also a shame that it only has a few songs from the set list they were playing then. Anyway, it still is a good historical document from the late seventies.The band was playing "in the round" then (with a revolving stage placed at the centre of the auditoriums) and it seems that the stage really revolved at a high speed as can be seen in this video. The most interesting parts of this concert video are "Circus of Heaven", a song from their "Tormato" album (one of my favourite songs from that album), played very well, and a very good version of "Starship Trooper" played with very good solos by Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman (who used a keytar, which is a portable keyboard, to play part of his solo while Jon Anderson also played a bit of background keyboards). I hope that this concert video and their QPR concert video with Patrick Moraz from 1975 could be remixed and improved to be released again in the DVD and /or Blue Ray formats. I think that maybe they could improve both videos a lot using the modern digital technology available in the present.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#1062968) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 19, 2013

5 stars AS A MATTER A FACT IT'S GREAT! I don't know why everyone is so negative when it comes down to this DVD... People complain about the quality of sound and picture...ccc... I'd rather watch this concert -when they were on top of the world, then some new one,like house of blues-where they ... (read more)

Report this review (#163622) | Posted by Frier_John | Monday, March 10, 2008 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Could this DVD bring someting more to YesShows? Apparently NO I'm afraid... Some bootlegs have a better sound!!! What about the choice of the songs? UN-understandable!!! Where are On the silent wings of freedom, Awaken or Ritual??? Nowhere, but you'll see some unsurprising versions of old son ... (read more)

Report this review (#48499) | Posted by spide | Monday, September 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Well, I really must agree with Gatot above: not only the sound, but the image of this DVD is really poor. In fact, I found this one in a supermarket's cheap cest! The performance is brilliant, though, it features some very nice Wakeman/Howe improv on STARSHIP TROOPER and ROUNDABOUT, and of co ... (read more)

Report this review (#40170) | Posted by | Sunday, July 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live in Philadelphia 1979"