VENI VIDI VICI

Pär Lindh Project Veni Vidi Vici album cover

Buy PÄR LINDH PROJECT Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Adagio (0:56)
2. Veni, Vidi, Vici (7:56)
3. Gradus ad Parnassum (13:55)
4. Tower of Thoughts (5:01)
5. River of Tales (3:12)
6. Juxtapoint (4:16)
7. Le Grande Chambardement (2:13)
8. Adagio con flauto et clavicembalo (0:54)
9. Hymn (4:55)
10. The Premonition (7:34)

Search PÄR LINDH PROJECT Veni Vidi Vici lyrics

- Marcus Jäderholm / bass no 10
- Niclas Blixt / horn
- Eric Ullman / bassoon
- Jens Johansson / flute

*Keyboards used: Church organ from Vårfrukyrkan in Enköping, Blüthner Grand Piano, John Sergeant Harpsichord, Therminovox, Hammond organs C3 and L-100 Leslies 147 and 760, Mellotron Mark V, Fender Rhodes Bass Piano Korg and Roland Synthesizers.

CRIMSONIC LABEL #CLSCD 106

PÄR LINDH PROJECT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PÄR LINDH PROJECT Veni Vidi Vici Music

More places to buy PÄR LINDH PROJECT music online Buy PÄR LINDH PROJECT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PÄR LINDH PROJECT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PÄR LINDH PROJECT Veni Vidi Vici ratings distribution

PÄR LINDH PROJECT Veni Vidi Vici reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I am quite severe but this is quite a let-down compared to the previous ones. I found the sound fairly poor and the inspiration also . The only time I had a chance to see him live (in Verviers), he played mostly from this album and Gothic Impression , but most of those numbers from VVV were not better live than on this album.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#4453) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Review by Greger
5 stars Besides the live album "Live In America", it's been almost four years since the Swedish symphonic rock masters PÄR LINDH PROJECT's released their previous album "Mundus Incompertus" (1997). Their new album is called "Veni Vidi Vici". A nice surprise is that they have recruited the magnificent bass player Jonas Reingold to their line-up. Jonas is one of Sweden's finest bass players and he has replaced Marcus Jäderholm who has decided to leave the group. The great guitar player Jocke Ramsell has also left the group and is replaced by John Hermansen. Personally I preferred Jocke's guitar playing, but instead I got Jonas Reingold on bass. The new album follows the same musical direction as the previous ones: pompous and bombastic Symphonic Rock with a big dose of Baroque and Classical Music influences. Heavy guitar riffs, church organ and mellotron bombardments blended with beautiful female vocals by Magdalena Hagberg. The music has a big contrast between intricate and complex instrumental passages to quieter instrumental moments. Perhaps not as good as the "Mundus Incompertus" album, but any fan of PÄR LINDH PROJECT (such as myself) won't get disappointed. You have my word on it!

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#4454) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 16, 2004

Review by richardh
5 stars This is a beautifull prog rock album.The band have really found their feet and Par Lindh finally gets away from the overt Emerson and Wakeman stylings prevailent on earlier studio efforts.This is true PROGRESSIVE MUSIC- intricate,original and challenging the listener.Top stuff!

Send comments to richardh (BETA) | Report this review (#4456) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 03, 2004

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
4 stars I thought that after twenty years of Progressive Rock I couldn't be amazed by anybody, but I was wrong, a few months ago was ANGLAGARD, a band which I had refused to take seriously for many years mostly because they were not from the wonderful 70's, now is the turn for PÄR LINDH PROJECT, casually both bands are from Sweden and both incredibly good.

This is the first time when I will do a 100% objective review, because the only PÄR LINDH PROJECT album I heard is "Veni Vidi Vici", so my opinion won't be influenced by any previous experience with the band, and my impression about this album couldn't be better, it's simply amazing.

Progarchives catalogues "Veni Vidi Vici" as symphonic prog, but I believe they are the only almost pure expression of Baroque Progressive, a non-existent sub-genre that could be perfectly applied to this band.

Par Lind plays an incredible variety of keyboards as the Church organ from Vårfrukyrkan in Enköping which is simply haunting and extremely strong, Blüthner Grand Piano (My favorite piano), John Sergeant Harpsichord, Hammond organs C3 and L-100, Mellotron, etc. and the guy is extremely skillful in every one. But what most impresses me is his style, perfect and far from being overplayed (something not very common in talented keyboardists and composers).

Also impressive is the beautiful voice of Magdalena Hagberg, not as operatic as Annie Haslam or aggressive as the incredible Christina Murphy (Magenta), only beautiful and more than adequate for the music, she also plays violin with great skill.

The first track "Adagio" is a short musical piece that leaves me wishing for a couple of minutes more, absolutely classical and beautiful, perfect overture for the album, specially when followed by the frenetic "Veni Vidi Vici" creating an almost shocking contrast between the classical and the modern, but this second track also has incredible organ interruptions that would make Johan Sebastian Bach proud of his legacy, a great track.

"Gradus ad Parnasum" has a strong piano introduction supported with impressive chorus and followed by the whole band, the next section is a soft male voice with a sweet music followed by Magdalena Hagberg with her wonderful voice, several times interrupted by hard rocking parts, this is the tonic up to the middle where a powerful baroque chorus and piano announce a very complex passage where the listener can enjoy all kind of instruments, the changes keep following one after the other, almost 14 minutes of Progressive Rock at it's best.

"Tower of Thoughts" is also another great track where the contrasts are simply delightful, if the Grand Piano interpretation deserves a special recognition; the ultra baroque Organ deserves to be applauded. Incredibly the next track "River of Tales" is just the opposite, calmed, soft and especially beautiful.

"Juxtapoint" starts somehow similar to Veni Vidi Vici but at the same time has a different approach, the changes keep the listener interested but dazzled, as a bright light confuses the viewer, the brilliant musical changes leave the listener perplex. From soft vocals (male and female) to powerful organ passages and a killer guitar section by John Hermansen. The things get a bit calmed with "Le Grand Chambardement" (Chorale) and "Adagio con Flauta et Clavicembalo a very short instrumental perfectly described by the name.

"Hymn" can also be described by its name, Magdalena's voice with baroque organ, a beautiful contrast of sounds, frightening and relaxing but carefully blended so there's no collision. Amazing technique, when the rest of the band enters the contrast is even harder because of the more modern sound with a dreamy violin and Hammond.

The album ends with "The Premonition" a great closer that starts with clear ELP influence that soon turns into a Wakeman like keyboard, amazing, the guy can play with the style of two of the greatest keyboardists with no problem, only in this track the bass is played by Marcus Jäderholm and the guitar by Jocke Ramsell, who do a hell of a job.

The drummer Nisse Bielfeld does a perfect job in an album where drums have to be precise and accurate as a Swiss watch.

Still after some days I'm confused but extremely pleased with "Veni Vidi Vici", a total masterpiece that deserves to be included in every musical collection.

Today I will rate the album with 4 stars, maybe when I fully understand all the aspects I'll give an extra star, the only thing I know for sure is that I'll be reviewing more PÄR LINDH PROJECT releases very soon because I plan to buy each and every one in the next days.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#4457) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 16, 2004

Review by erik neuteboom
3 stars After a short classical piece entitled Adagio the titletrack starts with the majestic church organ sound, followed by a splendid build-up part with swinging bass, jazzy piano and wonderful violin-Mellotron eruptions. During the other tracks on this CD Par Lindh delivers great keyboard work (sparkling piano, fluent Hammond organ runs, tender harpsichord and exciting synthesizer flights), obviously less Keith Emerson sounding than on his previous albums that often sound like a tribute to Pictures At An Exhibition! The compositions contain many strong shifting moods and often harder- edged guitar work (almost metallish). Female singer Magdalena Hagberg has a beautiful voice but she lacks a bit power in the more heavy parts. This CD also delivers some nice instrumentation with the PLP choir (Le Grand Charbardement) and violin in the final track Premonition (also swirling Hammond runs). I prefer the excellent album Mundus Incompertus but Veni, Vidi, Vici is a convincing CD that will please the keyboard aficionados.

Send comments to erik neuteboom (BETA) | Report this review (#75498) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 19, 2006

4 stars Symphonic prog at it's very best. Lindh's keyboards of various types make a frame and play a prominent role on this, as well as on his other albums. But there is so much more here to discover and like. The voice of Magdalena Hagberg has a beautiful and clear sound which fits together with the ... (read more)

Report this review (#65882) | Posted by | Saturday, January 21, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Another terrific outing from Swedens...Par Lindh. Containing the ever superb keyboard- loaded songs...we by now, have come to expect....there are some beautiful moments (from the intro) ripped apart by som fabulous flurry´s in the ELP vein including some wonderfull churchorgan (aparently the Chur ... (read more)

Report this review (#4455) | Posted by Tonny Larz | Tuesday, March 02, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Outstanding. This is possibly my favourite Par Lindh album, but purchase them all. Not only does he incorporate some killer church organ, but he also writes lovely, memorable songs. I'd have to say he's in my top 5 artists of the past decade. ... (read more)

Report this review (#4450) | Posted by | Saturday, December 06, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PÄR LINDH PROJECT "Veni Vidi Vici"