BLÅ SOM ALTID

- Per Wium / keyboards, vocal
- Steen Toft Andersen / keyboards, harmonica, vocal
- Torsten Olafsson / bass, vocal, vibraphone, shakuhachi
- Gert Smedegaard / drums

LP KMF ROLP 6570 (1977, Denmark)

Thanks to progbear for the addition

ACHE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ACHE Blå Som Altid Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
De Homine Urbano/Green ManDe Homine Urbano/Green Man
Cowbell Mu 2006
Ache - Pictures From Cyclus 7Ache - Pictures From Cyclus 7
Green Tree Records

More places to buy ACHE music online Buy ACHE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ACHE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ACHE Blå Som Altid ratings distribution

ACHE Blå Som Altid reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Delightul 70´s prog rock band from Denmark. I really didn´t know about its existence before I saw some reviews here on PA. I wanted to start with them with their third album, the conceptual Pictures From Cyclus 7, but when the CD arrived they had mistaken it for this one. Oh well, guess I´ll have to write about that one afterwards. Anyway, Bla Som Altid is far from bad. In fact I liked very much. Although they sing in their native language on this work, their sound is very much international.

The music here is a mix of heavy rock with some folk inlfuences, plus a little bit of jazz and symphonic elements. Sometimes they sound like Deep Purple MK I (around the time of their self titled LP), sometimes like Uriah Heep or Jethro Tull, but most of the time you can say they have a personality of their own. Their main feature here is the guitar talents of Finn Olafsson: the guy is very good. I also loved the keyboards (lots of Hammond!). Vocals are only average, but some backings are very well done. Production is ok. A shame this CD is so short (35 minutes)

Their songwriting is quite good, but not exceptional: there are no fillers, all tracks are good and varied, with tasteful arrangements and nice perfomances by all involved. Nothing is very complicated or bombastic as one might expect from a symphonic band, but it is still good. If you like 70´s prog rock with the aforementined highs and lows, you should check this out. Ache definitly deserved more exposure. Rating: 3,5 stars.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#284655) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 02, 2010

3 stars Ache exists and splits up with this, their fourth album. The DNA profile of Ache is still very much present on this album. Excellent Hammond organ passages is scattered around this album. The symphonic prog elements has been replaced with a more jazzy type of pop rock though. I think this is ... (read more)

Report this review (#298987) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, September 13, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After countless auditions from ACHE "Bla Som Altid", I realy can't say which this albun deserves figure in my collection. The work from this Danish band ( at least in this disk) is im my opinion, a simple mixture of slow passages (like ballads) with more fast themes (with some riffs and duets b ... (read more)

Report this review (#283065) | Posted by maryes | Saturday, May 22, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars With this album,Ache,is picking up the pace quite considerably,from Pictures From Cyclus 7. Don't get me wrong Cyclus is excellent in a mellow soothing way.Here we have most songs written by the bass player,who I'm sure is was a fan of Kansas and the vocal harmonies of Styx + twin guitar attac ... (read more)

Report this review (#221722) | Posted by gr8dane | Thursday, June 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ACHE "Blå Som Altid"