THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
Audio CD$4.99 (used)
GRUPPO SPORTIVO-MISTAKES 1978 SIRE RECORDS LP SRK 6066 EXC. VG+ USD $4.99 Buy It Now 32m 28s
78 RPM Record Gene Krupa Fun and Fancy Free, I'll never make that same mistake USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
MC LYTE - I CAN'T MAKE A MISTAKE (12") 1998!!! RARE!!! THE NEPTUNES!!! ? USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
(930M) The Beautiful Mistake, This Is Who You Are- 2004 USD $8.92 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Gruppo Sportivo - Mistakes / 1978 Sire NICE Vinyl! USD $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Suicide File Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For Rock CLEAR LP NEW Piranha USD $14.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Sep-2002, ... USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia Group) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
PERE UBU-dub housing-ITALY ORIG LP-1979-spelling mistake label- EX+ USD $35.80 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Lye by Mistake Fea Jur USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
No Mistakes Allowed by Hellfish (CD, Feb-2000, HiGHBorn) NEW and SEALED USD $7.83 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Beautiful Mistake THIS IS WHO YOU ARE Rock Music CD **NEW** 2004 Militia Group USD $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 7m
PRACTICE AVOIDING MISTAKES USD $12.63 Buy It Now 5h 48m
PRACTICE AVOIDING MISTAKES USD $15.47 Buy It Now 7h 44m
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - THIS IS WHO YOU ARE - CD, 2004 USD $5.02 Buy It Now 7h 56m
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - LIGHT A MATCH FOR I DESERVE TO BURN - CD, 2002 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 8h 12m
SISTERS OF MERCY 'SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE' CD NEW+ USD $16.40 Buy It Now 10h 4m
Natalie Imbruglia Big Mistake - Part 1 UK CD single (CD5 / 5") 74321566782 RCA USD $13.87 Buy It Now 10h 10m
the mistakes radiation 1981 uk twist & shout label newave punk vinyl 7 inch 45 USD $39.45 Buy It Now 10h 23m
MEN AT WORK ' IT'S A MISTAKE ' PIC COVER 7" 45 AUST PRESS USD $2.88 [0 bids]
Barbra Streisand Make No Mistake He's Mine 7" vinyl single record Dutch USD $18.93 Buy It Now 10h 49m
My Favourite Mistake Sheryl Crow CD single (CD5 / 5") UK 582763-2 A USD $13.87 Buy It Now 11h 14m
WEDDING PRESENT Anyone Can Make A Mistake 1987 UK 12" Vinyl EXCELENT CONDITION USD $21.91 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Jellyfish New Mistake cassette single UK CUSC11 CHRYSALIS 1993 USD $13.14 Buy It Now 11h 28m
RADIANT REPUBLIC OF TEXAS Golden Gate Mistake CD New POST PUNK ROCK Rare OOP USD $2.99 Buy It Now 11h 32m
TEITUR Stay Under The Stars All My Mistakes Hitchhiker Mars Umbrella Fire CD NEW USD $6.97 Buy It Now 11h 33m
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake - Excellent Condition 7" Single Epic A 3475 USD $5.82 Buy It Now 13h 2m
GARY LEWIS " I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN / SHE'S JUST MY STYLE " 1965 45rpm USD $1.49 Buy It Now 13h 23m
MEN AT WORK, IT'S A MISTAKE, VG/G, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, USD $2.62 Buy It Now 13h 36m
One Foolish Mistake / Stranded Love - Kingsmen (Used Very Good) USD $8.41 Buy It Now 14h 55m
PATTY SMYTH * NO MISTAKES & RIVER OF LOVE * 45 RPM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
Impressions - I'm So Proud / I Made A Mistake - HMV POP 1295 Demo - Northern Sou USD $29.23 Buy It Now 15h 24m
Iron Maiden Piece (piace) Of Mind Lp Rare Scarce Venezuela Gatefold mistake USD $150.00 Buy It Now 15h 50m
78 1950s Eddy Arnold "What Is Life Without Love" "Be Sure There's No Mistake" USD $6.50 Buy It Now 16h 55m
THE BRAVERY - AN HONEST MISTAKE 1 track promo CD, UK release USD $1.45 [0 bids]
A Grave Mistake Accompaniment CD By The Whisnants 2016 Daywind Soundtracks NEW USD $8.49 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Margaret McGlinn "When I Could Have Had You/Make No Mistake" 45 PROMO USD $4.95 Buy It Now 18h 30m
AURORA The Day It Rained Forever UK CD single 2002 Your Mistake / In My Skin USD $2.91 [0 bids]
northern soul LEE WILLIAMS & THE CYMBALS I Can Make Mistakes Too HEAR SOUNDCLIP! USD $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 58m
1984 Columbia 45rpm BARBARA STREISAND Make No Mistake He's Mine / Clear Sailing USD $7.50 Buy It Now 19h 5m
THE PUBLIC SERVANTS 7"- JUNGLE HOTEL - A MISTAKE -1981 - NO /WAVE - N/M VINYL USD $16.00 Buy It Now 19h 28m
Sheryl Crow My Favourite Mistake Cat No. 582763-2 Cd Single USD $1.45 [0 bids]
The Bravery: An Honest Mistake (Deleted 2 track CD Single) USD $2.18 Buy It Now 19h 51m
MC LYTE I can't Make a Mistake PROMO DJ CD w/ AUDIO BIO USD $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
Sonic Avenues Mistakes LP Ltd clear vinyl Dirtnap Exploding Hearts Spits USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $29.99 Buy It Now
JELLYFISH - NEW MISTAKE-CD USD $0.95 [0 bids]
Elvis Presley I Want You, I Need You, I Love You Mint Mistake Label USD $75.00 Buy It Now 20h 56m
MADNESS-ONES TEP BEYOND/MISTAKES-RARE ORIGINAL UK PS 7" 45rpm 1979-SKA!SKA!SKA! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 14m
CONCEPT 2 - NO MISTAKE - UNLOCK THE SECRETS - DRUM & BASS 12" VINYL RECORD DJ USD $5.83 Buy It Now 22h 4m
Eminence - The God Of All Mistakes Braz. Thrash USD $8.09 Buy It Now 22h 43m
MARCY JOE MY FIRST MISTAKE/RONNIE RECORD 45 USD $4.91 Buy It Now 23h 3m
30p START Sheryl Crow My Favorite Mistake UK CD Single USD $0.44 [0 bids]
Natalie Imbruglia Shiiver single plus Big Mistake single 2CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
"Strutter" Kiss on Casablanca NEB-0015 Mistake Label 1974 USD $250.00 [0 bids]
Without music, life would be a mistake vinyl record spray paint handmade USD $25.17 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES FIGURINE MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE JAPAN CD OBI D2849 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
78RPM 2 Ink Spots on Decca, Just Plain Love, Greatest Mistake, Just 4Me, Meet wV USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES FIGURINE MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE JAPAN CD OBI H571 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Rare Country 45 - Dick Williams - I Made A Million Mistakes - RCA # 6384 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ My Mistake 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip USD $5.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage 8-Tack, THREE DOG NIGHT-HARMONY, Night In The City,Mistakes USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
WOOFING COOKIES Such A Mistake/Girl From Japan 7" 1984 NYC power pop EX HEAR IT USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bravery-An Honest Mistake [DVD] CD PAL, DVD-Video, Colour, Single Excellent USD $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Patty Smyth ~45~ No Mistakes / River Of Love USD $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Unknown Artist Your Mistake CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bravery An Honest Mistake - Red Vinyl UK 7" vinyl single record 9880264 USD $10.44 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Album- The Beautiful Mistake - Light a Match, For I deserve to Burn 10 track USD $5.74 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK IT'S A MISTAKE 12" 1983 WITH SHINTARO + BE GOOD JOHNNY UK USD $5.83 Buy It Now 1 day
All the Lost Souls James Blunt CD 1973 Same Mistake NEW USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Keith Richards 3" CD single (CD3) Make No Mistake Japanese VJD-10204 VIRGIN USD $32.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists-Mistakes Were Made - Five Years Of Raw Blues, Damaged LiveCD NEW USD $18.31 Buy It Now 1 day
PRINCE CD single GREATEST ROMANCE SPAIN *P*R*O*M*O* + MISTAKE INSERT USD $24.99 [0 bids]
USD $34.99 Buy It Now
SHERYL CROW MY FAVOURITE MISTAKE CD SINGLE USD $3.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Natalie imbruglia big mistake cd single USD $2.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Gruppo Sportivo: Back To 19 Mistakes CD Rare OOP Import USD $8.00 [1 bids]
SISTERS OF MERCY: SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE [COLLECTION OF SINGLES 80-83] OOP USD $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW - MY FAVORITE MISTAKE CD SINGLE B2 USD $2.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Oldies Phil Bo Smash 1741 45rpm Morning Star Oh What A Mistake Cajun Swamp USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WISHBONE ASH No Smoke Without Fire UNPLAYED Vinyl w/Insert MISTAKE on Catalog # USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sheryl Crow - 2xCD Bundle - My Favourite Mistake & Sweet Child O' Mine + Poster USD $4.37 Buy It Now 1 day
70's COMPACT 33 (No Cover) - GRUPPO SPORTIVO - SIRE 6066 - "MORE MISTAKES" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The bravery - an honest mistake - red vinyl 7" Unplayed, 2004, First Single USD $8.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Gruppo Sportivo - More Mistakes 1979 USA 45 SIRE USD $5.83 [0 bids]
MFSB/CHI-LITES Love is the Message/My First Mistake T.D. 12" VG+ HEAR USD $8.00 [1 bids]
RAY PARKER JNR - Everybody makes mistakes - 1980 US 7" Vinyl Single USD $7.29 Buy It Now 1 day
(GO829) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Same Mistake - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Emily Herring-Your Mistake CD NEW USD $15.74 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY LEWIS MY HEART'S SYMPHONY / I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN ua 35780 USD $2.19 [0 bids]
BEN LIGHT mistakes / perfidia NEW OLD STOCK 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
DEAN MARTIN angel baby/i'll gladly make the same mistake again CAPITOL 45 USD $5.04 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLARD MCDANIEL: Mobile / My Greatest Mistake 45 (faint wol) Blues USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Magical Mistakes - Cracks In The Surface [Vinyl New] USD $14.38 Buy It Now 1 day
VA: BACK TO THE FRONT VOL 2 - DEMICS- BRIARD- SPELLING MISTAKES RARE PUNK ROC-LP USD $1.25 [2 bids]
THE SISTERS OF MERCY - ANDREW ELDRITCH - SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE USD $6.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Perfect Mistake Chris While & Julie Matthews Audio CD USD $22.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Mistakes of my Youth / A Good Deal [7" Vinyl] Audio CD USD $10.76 Buy It Now 2 days
CD . Bush, Kate . Sensual World / Be Kind to My Mistakes / Im Still . Single, EP USD $7.23 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DREAM WEAVERS - IT'S ALMOST TOMORROW - RARE LABEL MISTAKE - FREE SHIPPING USD $4.95 [0 bids]
4 Sheryl Crow CD Strong Enough - Can't Cry Anymore - My Favorite Mistake USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PHANTOM.ROCKER AND SLICK-MY MISTAKE STRAY CATS JAPAN PROMO 7" USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
0 result found for "THE MISTAKES"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MISTAKES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"