THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
cd-single, Natalie Imbruglia - Big Mistake, 4 Tracks USD $1.85 Buy It Now 1h 47m
BARBRA STREISAND & KIM CARNES - MAKE NO MISTAKE, HE'S MINE - 7"45 RECORD 1984 USD $3.83 Buy It Now 2h
Split Enz 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - My Mistake USD $5.48 Buy It Now 2h 45m
MIKEY GENERAL/RAS INDIAN - Make No Mistake - 7" USD $9.55 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Jellyfish (Jason Falkner) New Mistake 1993 CD Demos USD $14.24 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Paul Ellis - Sweet Mistakes CD USD $17.59 Buy It Now 4h 26m
THE BRAVERY - An Honest Mistake 7 inch Red Vinyl - MINT USD $9.23 Buy It Now 5h 12m
EUROP EUROP - Repeating Mistakes - limited LP USD $30.95 Buy It Now 5h 29m
EMO MUSIC CD LOT OF 5: THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - THIS IS WHO YOU ARE *NEW/SEALED USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
GHRUPPO SPORTIVO 10 Mistakes LP USD $7.69 Buy It Now 6h 34m
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 1 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit UK Manifesto 199 USD $8.07 Buy It Now 7h 30m
Mistakes By Frankie Froba's Rare Vintage Piano Sheet Music USD $7.69 Buy It Now 7h 40m
COMPULSION Mall Monarchy CD 4 Track B/w A Little Mistake, Galvanised And F Byron USD $8.07 Buy It Now 7h 45m
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 1 Track Radio Edit Promo With Info Stickered Case USD $8.07 Buy It Now 8h 9m
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 1 Track Radio Edit Promo In Special Sleeve EUROPEA USD $8.07 Buy It Now 8h 15m
The Greatest Mistake of My Life By Billy Cotton Music USD $10.77 Buy It Now 8h 20m
The Greatest Mistake Of My Life by The Street Singer Rare Vintage Piano USD $9.23 Buy It Now 8h 20m
MEN AT WORK 'IT'S A MISTAKE' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE USD $2.30 Buy It Now 8h 25m
CANTINERO Beautiful Mistakes CD 2 Track B/w Nice Day UK Ryko 2004 USD $8.07 Buy It Now 8h 32m
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 3 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit B/w Need A Dub An USD $8.07 Buy It Now 8h 35m
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 2 Track B/w Hey Sunshiney Day EUROPEAN Polydor 200 USD $8.07 Buy It Now 9h
CLEAR Johnny Marr Was A Mistake CD 3 Track B/w Cigarettes And Spies And They EU USD $8.07 Buy It Now 9h 6m
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 1 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit With Info Stickre USD $8.07 Buy It Now 9h 26m
ELVIS PRESLEY LPM 2999 ROUSTABOUT USA MISTAKE LBL MONO/MONAURAL SILVER/WHITE!!! USD $149.99 [0 bids]
Men At Work(7" Vinyl P/S)It's A Mistake-Epic-A 3475-UK-Ex/VG+ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 41m
GROSS GROLLAND "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes a Big Mistake" CD Russia Thrash USD $6.00 Buy It Now 10h 16m
BRAIN F? Sleep Rough LP NEW SEALED PUNK VINYL GRAVE MISTAKE USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
BRAIN F? Empty Set LP NEW SEALED PUNK VINYL GRAVE MISTAKE USD $15.99 Buy It Now 11h
GARETH GATES Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) EU CD Forever Blue-Unchained Melody USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 17m
Dickie Goodman: Energy Crisis '74 / The Mistake [Unplayed Copy] USD $6.97 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Natalie Imbruglia - Left of the Middle (CD 2000) Features "Torn" "Big Mistake" USD $4.61 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Sheryl Crow - Globe Sessions CD grammy winner my favorite mistake mississippi USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Mark Davis - Mistakes I Meant To Make [CD New] USD $13.97 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Our First Mistake, Kerrigan-Lowdermilk, Good USD $39.67 Buy It Now 12h 54m
MEN AT WORK, IT'S A MISTAKE / SHINTARO. ORIGINAL 1983 EPIC SINGLE USD $1.53 [0 bids]
14h
Memphis Slim BLUES 45 (King 6301) Messin' Around With The Blues/Mistake In Life USD $8.95 Buy It Now 14h 8m
BUCK-TICK-MISS TAKE BOKU WA MISTAKE-JAPAN CD DVD LTD F25 USD $24.50 Buy It Now 14h 8m
CLIFF JOSEPH Don't Blame Me For Your Mistakes Country / Reggae USD $19.00 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye MOTOWN 45 My Mistake / Include USD $11.98 Buy It Now 14h 43m
The Big Collapse, The Beautiful Mistake - Autographed Militia Group Comp USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
CANADA NEW WAVE 45 RPM MADNESS : ONE STEP BEYOND (EDIT) + MISTAKES USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
T- BONES:I Am Louisiana Red +3-France 7" Riviera EP w/PCV Mistake With Yardbirds USD $648.98 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Billy Talmadge I Made A Mistake I'm Sorry / Sweet To Be Remembered Decca 46397 M USD $25.00 Buy It Now 16h 49m
Blunders & Mistakes - 2 DISC SET - Robocop Kraus (2007, CD New) USD $32.40 Buy It Now 17h 8m
KIM CARNES, MISTAKEN IDENTITY LP-Dutch EMI America+ inner-LABEL SPELLING MISTAKE USD $3.70 Buy It Now 17h 31m
SHERYL CROW - My Favorite Mistake (UK 3 Tk CD Single Pt 2) USD $3.84 Buy It Now 17h 51m
GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS/SHE'S JUST MY STYLE/I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN USD $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 52m
RICK RAYLE I Made a Mistake / Get It Off Your Mind 45 Hickory 1396 PROMO NM USD $7.47 Buy It Now 17h 55m
THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE THIS IS WHO YOU ARE CD 10 TRACKS USD $4.98 Buy It Now 18h 8m
SUICIDE FILE SOME MISTAKES CD HARDCORE PUNK OOP USD $30.00 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Ronnie Milsap Kenny Rogers Make No Mistake She's Mine Promo Sleeve 45 RPM Vinyl USD $12.75 Buy It Now 18h 37m
(AK414) Stephanie Mcintosh, Mistake - 2007 CD USD $4.61 Buy It Now 18h 39m
ROBOCOP KRAUS - BLUNDERS & MISTAKES (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $39.89 Buy It Now 19h 4m
LV CD ALBUM...JAMES FIGURINE..MISTAKE USD $9.78 Buy It Now 19h 47m
THE FATAL MISTAKE - DIE TRYING CD USD $10.13 Buy It Now 19h 50m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO - MISTAKES - SIRE 1978 SRK 6066 PROMO VINYL LP ALBUM USD $2.29 Buy It Now 20h 6m
Light a Match for I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake USD $3.99 Buy It Now 23h 24m
MARK MILLER - FAILURES, MISTAKES & MUSIC NEW CD USD $16.49 Buy It Now 1 day
WEDDING MISTAKES-VIRGIN ROAD-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK D86 USD $19.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Crow, Sheryl, My Favorite Mistake Pt 1 / Subway / Crash Audio CD USD $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Sheryl Crow My Favorite Mistake - Digipak UK CD single (CD5 / 5") 582761-2 A USD $18.47 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beautiful Mistake - Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn (CD) 10 Tracks USD $6.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Natalie Imbruglia Big Mistake - Part 1 CD single (CD5 / 5") UK 74321566782 RCA USD $14.62 Buy It Now 1 day
New, Genuine Licensed BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE Canvas PATCH USD $2.60 Buy It Now 1 day
My Favourite Mistake Sheryl Crow UK CD single (CD5 / 5") 582763-2 A USD $14.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Bravery An Honest Mistake - Red Vinyl UK 7" vinyl single record 9880264 USD $15.31 Buy It Now 1 day
INFADELS - Make Mistakes - CD single USD $6.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Tears For Fears God's Mistake CD single (CD5 / 5") Austrian 663117-1 EPIC 1996 USD $13.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Bravery 10" vinyl single record Honest Mistake - Superdiscount Mix UK 988-0023 USD $22.65 Buy It Now 1 day
MALY - Generic Mistake EP - 12" USD $15.08 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BRAVERY - CD Single - An Honest Mistake - 1 Track Promo CD. USD $1.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Vayden(CD Album)Children Of Our Mistakes-Crush Recordings USD $12.19 Buy It Now 1 day
THE KING'S MEN "MISTAKES" 78RPM 195? "AT SUNDOWN" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Robocop Kraus - Blunders & Mistakes [CD New] USD $34.62 Buy It Now 1 day
James Figurine - Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake [CD New] USD $8.76 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beautiful Mistake : Light a Match, for I Deserve T CD (2002) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Phil Collins, Against all odds, Mike Rutherford, Making a big mistake, 1984 7" USD $1.16 [0 bids]
OMD-Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark "LOCOMOTION" UK 7" with SPELLING MISTAKE USD $10.40 [0 bids]
The Knack -45- VG++ / VG++ Pay the Devil (Ooo Baby Ooo) / Lil' Cals Big Mistake USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GRUPPO SPORTIVO 10 Mistakes LP Dutch pressing USD $10.00 [0 bids]
... AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD, MISTAKES & REGRETS, M/EX, 1 Track USD $1.53 [0 bids]
90'S Nm! 45 Sheryl Crow - There Goes The Neighborhood / My Favorite Mistake On A USD $3.00 [1 bids]
Fred Baker . I'd Only Make The Same Mistake Again . Original Capitol 45rpm USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Elvis Costello - Brilliant Mistake (NEW 7" VINYL) USD $14.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Men at Work - Cargo (Columbia 38660) ('82) (Colin Hay) ("It's a Mistake") USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NORTHERN SOUL - CLYDIE KING - MY MISTAKES OF YESTERDAY NM PROMO VINYL 7" 45 RPM USD $12.99 [0 bids]
USD $18.99 Buy It Now
Don Williams Mistakes/Fool Fool Heart 45 RPM USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Blue Steele's Orchestra Mistakes / Rock Me To Sleep 78 rpm VICTOR 22142 USD $7.50 [0 bids]
JOHNNY GOODISON - ONE MISTAKE / A LITTLE UNDERSTANDING UK DEMO 45 - N/SOUL - EX USD $15.41 [0 bids]
OMD-Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark "LOCOMOTION" UK 7" SIGNED and MISTAKE USD $38.52 [0 bids]
JETHRO TULL LP Thick As A Brick 1972 Chrysalis 1003 Ian Anderson Unique Mistake USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
90'S 45 Sheryl Crow - My Favorite Mistake / There Goes The Neighborhood On A USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Keith Richards: Lot of 7" Vinyl: Jumpin' Jack Flash/Make No Mistake/Take It So. USD $15.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
FIVE STAIRSTEPS & CUBIE - stay close to me b/w i made a mistake - CURTOM - NM // USD $4.99 [1 bids]
ZZ Hill 45 Don't Make Me Pay for His Mistakes/Think People Hill 222 USD $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE IMPRESSIONS I'M SO PROUD / I MADE A MISTAKE 45 DJ DEMO UK HMV 1964 USD $117.43 [7 bids]
Crew Cuts The - Seven Days / That's Your Mistake 45 1956 USD $1.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Andrew Tibbs I Made A Mistake / Stone Hearted Woman M-Pac 7228 EX Soul R USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
90'S 45 Patty Smyth - No Mistakes / River Of Love On Mca Records USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Barbara Fairchild - Kid Stuff / Make No Mistakes 45 1973 VG+ USD $1.39 Buy It Now 1 day
0 result found for "THE MISTAKES"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MISTAKES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Send comments to MikeEnRegalia (BETA) | Report this review (#62705) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 01, 2006

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#293466) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, August 05, 2010

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"