THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
Audio CD$4.38 (used)

Watercolor : Beautiful Mistakes CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Julian Lennon Valotte 45/7" | "3 Labels Mistake" | Atlantic 7-89609 | Near Mint USD $11.21 Buy It Now
THE MISTAKE Fuck What You Heard PURPLE / WHITE SPLATTER LP Hellfish Family USD $7.00 Buy It Now
MEN AT WORK - It's a Mistake / Shintaro Japan 7" Vinyl 07-5P-235 USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Chad Lawson-A Grave Mistake: The Lore Variations CD NEW USD $10.88 Buy It Now
Memphis Slim / Blues 45 / Mistake in Life / Messin' Around With The Blues / King USD $15.00 Buy It Now
GRUPPO SPORTIVO/Back to 19 Mistakes (Ariola 258 848) CD Album USD $70.58 Buy It Now
Suicide File "Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For" CD USD $21.15 Buy It Now
New Music Record Paper Arms "Great Mistakes" LP USD $18.13 Buy It Now
New Music Record Slapshot "Same Mistake" 7" USD $10.58 Buy It Now
New Music Record Paper Arms "Great Mistakes" CD USD $12.09 Buy It Now
Enchanters ~45~ We Make Mistakes ~ Sharp 105 ~ M- HEAR USD $34.95 Buy It Now
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA - BIG MISTAKE (3 track CD single) USD $2.59 Buy It Now
MEN AT WORK, IT'S A MISTAKE / NO RESTRICTIONS 1983 OZ 7"x45rpm RECORD PIC SLV NM USD $3.78 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Magical Mistakes - Cracks in the Surface [New Vinyl LP] USD $23.84 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Men at Work / It's a Mistake (Sony Music CBU 67514) CD Album USD $18.84 Buy It Now 3h 36m
FATS DOMINO---ALL BY MISTAKE (Male Artists 78's) USD $21.00 Buy It Now 4h 15m
TSUNAMI - A Brilliant Mistake - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $14.76 Buy It Now 4h 35m
THE BRAVERY - An Honest Mistake - Rare 2004 UK 1-trk CD USD $6.62 Buy It Now 4h 44m
LIGHTFOOT,TERRA-NEW MISTAKES VINYL LP NEW USD $25.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
78rpm FRANKIE FROBA love song in 32 bars / mistakes USD $19.89 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Big Mistake b/w My Baby's Become A Right Wing Extremist [VINYL], Cyanide Pills C USD $10.23 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Ethiopiques 30: Mistakes On Purpose [VINYL], Girma Beyene & Akale Wube CD | 3521 USD $39.14 Buy It Now 6h 7m
The Weight Of The Mistake, Rumble In Rhodos CD | 7071155307743 | New USD $16.61 Buy It Now 6h 7m
We'll Make The Same Mistake 7 : Goldie (7) USD $4.64 Buy It Now 6h 12m
GARY LEWIS She's Just My Style/ I Won't Make That Mistake Again 7" 45 VINYL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Beastellabeast - The Final Mistake 7" Horseglue Records 2004 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Rolling Stones, Keith Richards, Make No Mistakes, PS Picture Sleeve USD $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
PROMO 7" SINGLE P/S 45 - MEN AT WORK - IT' A MISTAKE - WITH INSERT - 83 - Brazil USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
DOO WOP 45 THE MISTAKES CHAPEL BELLS ON LO-FI VG+ REPRO USD $10.50 Buy It Now 8h 23m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA . A BIG MISTAKE / SOMETHING BETTER . 1998 RARE JUKEBOX COPY USD $26.51 [0 bids]
All the Lost Souls by James Blunt 1973 I'll Take Everything Same Mistake CD USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Favourite Mistake by Autumn Hill (CD, 2013, Universal Music) New! Free S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 45m
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake 2 UNRELEASED Europe CD single SEALED USA Seller USD $23.74 Buy It Now 9h 37m
Otis Williams & New Group DOO WOP 45 (DeLuxe 6091) That's Your Mistake/Too VG++ USD $6.97 Buy It Now 9h 56m
The Enchanters We Make Mistakes / The Decision 7" Vinyl Doo Wop 45 Sharp 105 NM USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 57m
JEB JOY NICHOLS That's All I Want/My Mistake Rare 2 Track CD! USD $2.64 Buy It Now 10h
LEE MORGAN The RUMPROLLER BST- 84199 1970's re. RARE LABEL MISTAKE plays NM USD $34.99 Buy It Now 10h
Terra Lightfoot - New Mistakes [New CD] USD $9.98 Buy It Now 10h 26m
Terra Lightfoot - New Mistakes [New Vinyl LP] USD $20.07 Buy It Now 10h 27m
Sheryl Crow My Favorite Mistake + Carolina & In Need Cassette Tape Single TESTED USD $6.62 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Terra Lightfoot - New Mistakes [New CD] USD $10.35 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Terra Lightfoot - New Mistakes [New Vinyl LP] USD $22.64 Buy It Now 10h 37m
JELLYFISH, LOT OF 2 CD SINGLES; BABY'S COMING BACK/NEW MISTAKE USD $5.49 Buy It Now 10h 41m
CITIZEN USELESS- The Presidents of the United Mistakes CD Pig Records USD $12.95 Buy It Now 10h 51m
TEARS FOR FEARS God's Mistake 1995 PROMO Radio DJ CD Single USA MINT ESK 7283 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11h 3m
The Wedding Present - Anyone can make a mistake 12" vinyl single Original 1987 USD $8.62 Buy It Now 11h 14m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake UNPLUGGED & 2 UNRELEASE CD Single USA seler SEALED USD $23.74 Buy It Now 11h 18m
The Last Shadow Puppets ?- My Mistakes Were Made For You CDr UK Promo CD Single USD $14.42 [0 bids]
Men At Work - The Best "Down Under" "Who Can It Be Now" "It's a Mistake" USD $4.25 Buy It Now 11h 38m
You're making a mistake - The Platters - 1958 USD $10.61 Buy It Now 11h 52m
The Mistakes - Angry Youth cd - glam punk USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE LIMELITERS JONAH/JUST AN HONEST MISTAKE RCA 7956 M- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Natalie Imbruglia - Big Mistake / Torn ( Mtv Unplugged) [New CD] USD $8.66 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Robert Ellis Orrall - Mistakes Gravity [New CD] USD $17.70 Buy It Now 12h 43m
(947J) Voo, Same Mistakes - DJ CD USD $2.64 Buy It Now 12h 54m
Audio CD Mistakes We Knew We Were Making - The Information - Free Shipping USD $5.06 Buy It Now 12h 56m
BIG MAYBELLE I`m getting along alright/ My big mistake OKEH 7042 PROMO M- cond USD $19.88 [0 bids]
OTIS WILLIAMS & HIS CHARMS THAT'S YOUR MISTAKE/TOO LATE I LEARNED DELUXE 6091 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 12m
Gatlin Brothers 45 Almost Called Her Baby By Mistake /Somethin' Like Each Others USD $1.00 Buy It Now 13h 16m
45 RECORD 7" - CULTURE CLUB - MISTAKE NO 3 USD $1.00 Buy It Now 14h 13m
David Frye I Am The President And Make No Mistake About That LP Vinyl Record USD $7.50 Buy It Now 14h 42m
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia Group) USD $0.01 [0 bids]
(BW510) Gareth Gates, Anyone of Us (Stupid Mistake) - 2002 DJ CD USD $3.38 Buy It Now 15h 40m
(GH716) Teitur, All My Mistakes - DJ CD USD $2.06 Buy It Now 16h 7m
Audio CD Light a Match for I Deserve to Burn - The Beautiful Mistake - USD $4.63 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Audio CD This Is Who You Are - The Beautiful Mistake - Free Shipping USD $4.48 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Various Artists : New Mistake Part 1 CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 17h 24m
A HERO FROM A THOUSAND PACES- MISTAKES UNPLUGGED-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Infadels - Make Mistakes 7" Vinyl Record 2008 USD $3.97 Buy It Now 17h 31m
FRUIT TUMOR Sain 7" VINYL UK Issue Pressed In France Tumor 1994 B/W Mistake USD $6.62 Buy It Now 18h 8m
INFADELS Make Mistakes 7" VINYL UK Wall Of Sound 2008 B/W Black Eyes And Love USD $5.56 Buy It Now 18h 8m
JAMES WARREN AND THE KORGIS That Was My Big Mistake 7" VINYL UK Rialto 1981 USD $5.56 Buy It Now 18h 9m
KINGBEES My Mistake 7" VINYL UK Rso 1980 B/W Once Is Not Enough (Rso62) USD $2.79 Buy It Now 18h 9m
The Grave Mistakes-Dig Your Own Grave CD NEW USD $15.90 Buy It Now 18h 19m
MEN AT WORK It's A Mistake 7" VINYL Brazillian Cbs 1983 Has Number Sticker On USD $6.62 Buy It Now 18h 25m
MEN AT WORK It's A Mistake 7" VINYL UK Epic 1983 B/W Shintaro (A3475) Pic Sleeve USD $5.56 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Love Committee Electric 1861 I made A Mistake 12" Boogie Papers WLP NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD UK Manifesto 1998 3 Track Original Mistake Radio USD $5.56 Buy It Now 18h 57m
JELLYFISH New Mistake CD UK Virgin 1993 4 Track Part 2 B/W Sebrina Paste USD $6.62 Buy It Now 18h 58m
RICK DERRINGER I Play Guitar 12" VINYL US Passport 1983 4 Track B/W Mistake USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h
TIM ALL-STARS Don't Blame Me For Your Mistake/other Side 12" VINYL UK Tim 2 USD $4.16 Buy It Now 19h 2m
GIRMA BEYENE AND AKALE WUBE Mistakes On Purpose DOUBLE LP VINYL European USD $32.48 Buy It Now 19h 3m
FAITH GLOBAL Same Mistakes LP VINYL UK Issue Pressed In France Survival 1983 9 USD $14.58 Buy It Now 19h 4m
CLOAK/DAGGER Pinata 7" VINYL US Grave Mistake 4 Track, Clear Vinyl In Picture USD $10.20 Buy It Now 19h 4m
NO IDOLS S/T 7" VINYL US Grave Mistake 2005 5 Track Black Vinyl Kovacs USD $5.56 Buy It Now 19h 5m
CHARLIE CRANE That Was My First Mistake 7" VINYL UK Emi 1975 Demo B/W Ways Of A USD $9.01 Buy It Now 19h 5m
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" VINYL UK Cbs 1981 Promo B/W Too Many Lies (Cbsa1085) USD $4.16 Buy It Now 19h 6m
FRUIT TUMOR Sain 7" VINYL UK Tumor 1994 B/W Mistake (Tuma1) USD $4.16 Buy It Now 19h 6m
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" VINYL UK Cbs 1981 B/W Too Many Lies (A1085) Pic Sleeve USD $4.16 Buy It Now 19h 7m
LOIS WALDEN One And Twenty 7" VINYL US Earth B/W The Mistake (E101) USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 11m
HUDSON FORD Take It Back 7" VINYL UK A&M 1973 Promo B/W Make No Mistake USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 11m
PRINCE MELODY / MAJOR BLACK Sweet Girl 7" VINYL Jamaica Macdada B/W Mistake USD $4.16 Buy It Now 19h 11m
KEN DODD Same Mistakes 7" VINYL UK Columbia 1967 B/W Call Me Mister Sunshine USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 12m
BARBRA STREISAND WITH KIM CARNES Make No Mistake He's Mine 7" VINYL Dutch Cbs USD $5.56 Buy It Now 19h 12m
HAZEL DEAN Who Was That Lady 7" VINYL UK Decca 1978 Demo B/W One Bad Mistake USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 12m
BARBRA STREISAND WITH KIM CARNES Make No Mistake He's Mine 7" VINYL UK Cbs 1984 USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 12m
KEISHA WHITE Don't Mistake Me CD European Korova 2006 2 Track Radio Mix USD $3.18 Buy It Now 19h 14m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake 7" VINYL UK Rca 1998 Jukebox Promo Issue USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 15m
GOLDIE (70'S ARTIST) We'll Make The Same Mistake 7" VINYL German Bronze 1979 USD $6.62 Buy It Now 19h 15m

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"