THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
Audio CD$4.97 (used)

Z Z HILL THINK PEOPLE/DON'T MAKE ME PAY FOR HIS MISTAKES HILL 222 USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Men At Work It's A Mistake (PS) 7" Vinyl Single USD $7.39 Buy It Now
SPLIT ENZ MY MISTAKE chrysalis 77 12in p/s 45 EX+ USD $7.38 Buy It Now
THE BRAVERY - AN HONEST MISTAKE (CD SINGLE) USD $1.23 Buy It Now
GARY LEWIS & PLAYBOYS "SHE'S JUST MY STYLE / I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN" 45 USD $2.75 Buy It Now
The Beautiful Mistake - Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn (CD, 2002, Militia) USD $5.39 Buy It Now
Happy Mistakes USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Moby Grape-Truckin' Man/If You Can't Learn From My Mistakes (VG+) promo USD $6.50 Buy It Now
Soul 45 Andrew Tibbs - Stone Hearted Woman / I Made A Mistake On M-Pac! USD $3.00 [1 bids]
19m 5s
SISTERS OF MERCY SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE LONG PLAY CASSETTE TAPE WARNER 92 USD $15.39 Buy It Now 45m 5s
EDDY EDWARDS- OUR MISTAKE BROUGHT US TOGETHER/ HAVE YOU EVER TASTED.. "SINGLE" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 48m 1s
RAY PARKER JR * EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES & TWO PLACES AT THE SAME TIME * 45RPM USD $2.25 Buy It Now 59m 38s
Various - Mistakes Were Made: Five Years Of Raw Blues (2-CD) - Blues Label Co... USD $29.24 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Soul 45 - Lee Williams & Cymbals - I Can Make Mistakes Too - Mint- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Fabio Rocha's Shining Star - Fatal Mistake CD Megahard Records 2000 MEGA RARE USD $22.49 Buy It Now 1h 24m
MEN AT WORK: SUPER HITS [WHO CAN IT BE NOW,IT'S A MISTAKE,DOWN UNDER+] FREE SHIP USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 37m
The Platters DOO WOP 45 (Mercury 71320) My Old Flame/You're Making a Mistake M- USD $4.97 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Five Stairsteps & Cubie I Made A Mistake Stay Close To Me Curtom Curtis Mayfield USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Another Good Mistake by Camila Ballario (CD, May-2015, Striking Note) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
JEB LOY NICHOLS My Mistake 2016 UK 2-trk promo test CD USD $3.68 Buy It Now 3h 29m
(315M) The Bravery, An Honest Mistake - new 2005 CD USD $3.68 Buy It Now 3h 59m
MEN AT WORK ITS A MISTAKE 3803959 EP xd5580 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
HANNAH & HER SISTERS YOU KEEP ME HANGIN' ON 1995 ALMIGHTY 12 ALMY 72 ** MISTAKE* USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Funk Soul 45 Marva Whitney I made a mistake because it's only you King 6268 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5h
Sonic Avenues Mistakes LP Ltd clear vinyl Dirtnap Exploding Hearts Spits USD $11.99 [0 bids]
USD $17.99 Buy It Now
Rare Soul 45 Lee Williams Cymbals Get it together / I can Make Mistakes too USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 16m
SPLIT ENZ - MY MISTAKE - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1977 USD $6.03 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Electric Eel Shock - Big Mistake single Promo CD 2007 Garage Rock USD $1.22 [0 bids]
(793L) Cantinero, Beautiful Mistakes - 2004 DJ CD USD $3.67 Buy It Now 5h 44m
The Suicide File - Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For LP (Clear/1089) USD $16.50 Buy It Now 6h 5m
(930M) The Beautiful Mistake, This Is Who You Are- 2004 USD $6.15 Buy It Now 7h 53m
Fivehead : Big Mistake Factory CD (2001) USD $4.98 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Gruppo Sportivo - Mistakes / 1978 Sire NICE Vinyl! USD $6.95 Buy It Now 8h 23m
Suicide File Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For Rock CLEAR LP NEW Piranha USD $14.00 Buy It Now 9h 16m
IMPRESSIONS "I'M SO PROUD / I MADE A MISTAKE" 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Beautiful Mistake THIS IS WHO YOU ARE Rock Music CD **NEW** 2004 Militia Group USD $2.49 Buy It Now 11h 18m
Beautiful Mistake by Beautiful Mistake CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Light a Match for I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now 11h 45m
DIANA ROSS MARVIN GAYE "MY MISTAKE/(Same)" MOTOWN 1269 (1973) PROMO 45rpm USD $2.00 Buy It Now 12h 22m
BARBRA STREISAND & KIM CARNES * 45 * Make No Mistake He's * 1984 * LOOKS MINT ! USD $8.00 Buy It Now 12h 52m
THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE THIS IS WHO YOU ARE CD 10 TRACKS USD $5.25 Buy It Now 13h 3m
KEITH RICHARDS Make No Mistake 45 Virgin Rec. 99240 1988 VG++ PICTURE SLEEVE B2 USD $9.98 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Practice Avoiding Mistakes New CD USD $15.11 Buy It Now 13h 56m
SISTERS OF MERCY 'SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE' CD NEW+ USD $17.58 Buy It Now 16h 15m
WEDDING PRESENT Anyone Can Make A Mistake 1987 UK 12" Vinyl EXCELENT CONDITION USD $14.77 Buy It Now 17h 29m
TEITUR Stay Under The Stars All My Mistakes Hitchhiker Mars Umbrella Fire CD NEW USD $4.97 Buy It Now 17h 45m
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake - Excellent Condition 7" Single Epic A 3475 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 19h 13m
THE SISTERS OF MERCY - SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE CD USD $6.15 Buy It Now 19h 22m
New Mistake Ep by Jellyfish (CD 1993 Charisma) USD $2.39 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Eminence - God Of All Mistakes - Eminence CD 72VG USD $6.23 Buy It Now 19h 51m
KATE BUSH This Womans Work CD 3 Track Single Mix B/w Be Kind To My Mistakes An USD $15.51 Buy It Now 20h
cd M2 cd single SHERYL CROW - MY FAVORITE MISTAKE - IN NEED - CAROLINA digipack USD $16.19 Buy It Now 20h 4m
SHERYL CROW : My Favorite Mistake - 1998 1-track DJ PR0M0 CD, stickered digipak USD $1.84 [0 bids]
SHERYL CROW : My Favorite Mistake - A&M 1998 UK 3-track CD single USD $1.84 [0 bids]
N183-30/7P08 MEN AT WORK 2 PAGE ARTICLE & I'TS A MISTAKE SONGWORDS USD $6.16 Buy It Now 20h 47m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO-MISTAKES 1978 SIRE RECORDS LP SRK 6066 EXC. VG+ USD $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
BEATLES PAPERBACK WRITER MEO 119 RARE ISRAEL ISRAELI PS 7" 45 EP MISTAKE USD $99.00 [0 bids]
The Sisters Of Mercy - Some Girls Wander By Mistake Signed Autographed Cd USD $18.48 Buy It Now 23h 2m
78 1950s Eddy Arnold "What Is Life Without Love" "Be Sure There's No Mistake" USD $6.50 Buy It Now 23h 7m
A Grave Mistake Accompaniment CD By The Whisnants 2016 Daywind Soundtracks NEW USD $8.49 Buy It Now 23h 37m
Natalie Imbruglia - Big Mistake Single CD1- 3 Track CD USD $0.73 [0 bids]
Margaret McGlinn "When I Could Have Had You/Make No Mistake" 45 PROMO USD $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BARBRA STREISAND & KIM CARNES 7"PS Spain 1984 Make no mistake, he's mine PROMO USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GRUPPO SPORTIVO - 10 MISTAKES - VINYL ALBUM/LP - DUTCH POP/NEW WAVE USD $12.32 Buy It Now 1 day
1984 Columbia 45rpm BARBARA STREISAND Make No Mistake He's Mine / Clear Sailing USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PUBLIC SERVANTS 7"- JUNGLE HOTEL - A MISTAKE -1981 - NO /WAVE - N/M VINYL USD $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MC LYTE I can't Make a Mistake PROMO DJ CD w/ AUDIO BIO USD $14.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Iron Maiden Piece (piace) Of Mind Lp Rare Scarce Venezuela Gatefold mistake USD $150.00 Buy It Now 1 day
She's Just My Style by Gary Lewis Liberty Records 45 RPM Wont Make Mistake Again USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS she's just my style/i won't make that mistake aga 45 USD $1.89 Buy It Now 1 day
(GW602) R.P.G, Break Out / Big Mistake - DJ CD USD $3.02 Buy It Now 1 day
And the Hero Fails, Mistake That Cost the World, Excellent USD $4.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Eminence - The God Of All Mistakes Braz. Thrash USD $8.09 Buy It Now 1 day
MEMPHIS SLIM Messin' Around With The Blues /Mistake in Life 1970 King 45-6301 US USD $1.22 [0 bids]
OTIS WILLIAMS AND HIS CHARMS~ THAT'S YOUR MISTAKE~ VG++~TOO LATE ~ DOO WOP 45 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LEE WILLIAMS & CYMBALS 45 Get It Together / I Can Make Mistakes Too - NM USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE KINGBEES "MY MISTAKE" ON THE RSO LABEL 1980 USD $1.48 [0 bids]
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia Group) USD $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
I Did the Same Mistake Again Siggi Fassl Audio CD USD $25.79 Buy It Now 1 day
FRED BAKER I Gotta Do What I Gota Do b/w Same Mistake 7" 45 Capitol WLP PROMO USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mistakes/Gravity by Robert Ellis Orrall. USD $27.84 Buy It Now 1 day
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake CD USD $3.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Phantom, Rocker & Slick ?- My Mistake - EMI America 7" Vinyl 45 - PS - 1985 NM- USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Some Girls Wander By Mistake USD $11.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Patty Smyth ~45~ No Mistakes / River Of Love USD $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Unknown Artist Your Mistake CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Keisha White - Don't Mistake Me (Remixes) - Korova - 2006 #195029 USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Stamp - Mistakes (Remixes) - Egoiste - 2003 #129093 USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Album- The Beautiful Mistake - Light a Match, For I deserve to Burn 10 track USD $6.03 Buy It Now 1 day
My Mistake Split Enz UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) CHS2170 CHRYSALIS 1977 USD $17.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Natalie Imbruglia Big Mistake - Part 1 UK CD single (CD5 / 5") 74321566782 RCA USD $11.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Jellyfish New Mistake 7" vinyl single record UK CUSS11 CHARISMA 1993 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
All the Lost Souls James Blunt CD 1973 Same Mistake NEW USD $2.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Jellyfish New Mistake cassette single UK CUSC11 CHRYSALIS 1993 USD $11.08 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAVERY - LIVE - UNCONDITIONAL / HONEST MISTAKE - UK 7" PIC/SLV VINYL - INDIE USD $7.54 Buy It Now 1 day
GARETH GATES - ANYONE OF US (STUPID MISTAKE) 2002 UK CASSINGLE USD $36.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists-Mistakes Were Made - Five Years Of Raw Blues, Damaged LiveCD NEW USD $18.31 Buy It Now 1 day
PHIL COLLINS 7" single AGAINST ALL ODDS / MAKING A BIG MISTAKE (good price) USD $3.68 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bravery-An Honest Mistake [DVD] CD PAL, DVD-Video, Colour, Single Excellent USD $2.78 Buy It Now 1 day
SISTERS OF MERCY: SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE [COLLECTION OF SINGLES 80-83] OOP USD $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"