THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
Audio CD$2.93 (used)

TEARS OF ANGER Still Alive Prog Metal CD 2004 Russian press mistakes on label USD $6.83 Buy It Now 1h 57m
MIKE OLDFIELD Mistake 12" VINYL 4 Track Super Sound Single B/W The Peak, Family USD $14.26 Buy It Now 2h 15m
The Royalettes - It's A Big Mistake/It's Better Not To Know - 1966 - MGM K13507 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
SISTERS OF MERCY: SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE [COLLECTION OF SINGLES 80-83] OOP USD $13.98 Buy It Now 4h 20m
CULTURE CLUB BOY GEORGE *RARE Limited 1984 PHILIPPINES 7" DJ VINYL mistake no. 3 USD $149.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
SHERYL CROW - MY FAVORITE MISTAKE CD SINGLE B2 USD $2.58 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Big Country CD Music Why The long Face Rare Good Gods Great Mistake Far Post USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake CD 2002 Militia USD $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Gareth Gates - Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) CD Single (2002) USD $2.19 Buy It Now 6h 33m
70's COMPACT 33 (No Cover) - GRUPPO SPORTIVO - SIRE 6066 - "MORE MISTAKES" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 26m
NMS04 You Are Just A Mistake CD Rare OOP Nu Metal 2001 USD $59.95 Buy It Now 7h 43m
THE SUICIDE FILE - Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For - RSD 2015, NEW USD $18.98 Buy It Now 8h 14m
SPLIT ENZ_My Mistake_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!__OH20a USD $9.17 Buy It Now 8h 14m
RAY PARKER JNR - Everybody makes mistakes - 1980 US 7" Vinyl Single USD $6.47 Buy It Now 8h 40m
(GO829) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Same Mistake - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.18 Buy It Now 8h 42m
WILLARD MCDANIEL: Mobile / My Greatest Mistake 45 (faint wol) Blues USD $25.00 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Your Beautiful Mistake Audio CD USD $28.68 Buy It Now 10h 46m
Magical Mistakes - Cracks In The Surface [Vinyl New] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 4m
Mistakes Sonic Avenues CD USD $25.57 Buy It Now 14h 14m
Mistakes Regrets & Coffee Audio CD USD $22.88 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Same Mistake Audio CD USD $16.63 Buy It Now 16h 17m
NEW The Same Mistakes (Vinyl) USD $17.53 Buy It Now 16h 26m
Suicide File "Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For" CD USD $21.39 Buy It Now 17h 2m
New Music Record Paper Arms "Great Mistakes" LP USD $18.33 Buy It Now 17h 3m
New Music Record Slapshot "Same Mistake" 7" USD $10.69 Buy It Now 17h 3m
New Music Record Paper Arms "Great Mistakes" CD USD $12.22 Buy It Now 17h 3m
Enchanters ~45~ We Make Mistakes ~ Sharp 105 ~ M- HEAR USD $34.95 Buy It Now 17h 21m
The Greatest Mistake by Litchfield (CD 2008) SIGNED! AUTOGRAPHED! USD $21.99 Buy It Now 18h 4m
No Mistakes Allowed by Hellfish & Producer CD (Highborn, 2000) BRAND NEW SEALED USD $31.00 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Teitur - All My Mistakes [CD New] USD $13.89 Buy It Now 20h 20m
Sheryl crow my favorite mistake single USD $0.65 [0 bids]
Happy Mistake Audio CD USD $45.17 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Lee Shot Williams & Cymbals - Save It all For You / I can make Mistakes - Black USD $15.57 Buy It Now 21h 11m
PATTY SMYTH of scandal CD Don Henley SOMETIMES LOVE JUST AINT ENOUGH no mistakes USD $10.99 Buy It Now 22h 12m
Natalie imbruglia big mistake cd single USD $1.95 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Barbra Streisand Kim Carnes 45 Make No Mistake He Mine / Clear Sailing USD $1.00 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Z.Z. HILL Think People / Don't Make Me Pay For His Mistakes 45- Soul Funk USD $9.89 Buy It Now 1 day
10 Mistakes Gruppo Sportivo Vinyl Record USD $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BRAVERY - An Honest Mistake - Rare 2004 UK 1-trk CD USD $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage MEN AT WORK cassette tape Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive It's A Mistake Overkill USD $4.99 [0 bids]
GRUPPO SPORTIVO;10 MISTAKES,1977,EPIC EPC 82793,PROMO,FIRST A-1,B-1 ETCHED USD $1.93 [0 bids]
Comateens The Late Mistake UK 7" vinyl single record VS575 VIRGIN 1983 USD $12.90 Buy It Now 1 day
78rpm FRANKIE FROBA love song in 32 bars / mistakes USD $19.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Oldfield 7" vinyl picture disc single Mistake UK VSY541 VIRGIN 1982 USD $14.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Men At Work It's A Mistake 7" vinyl single record Spanish A-3475 CBS 1983 USD $14.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Gruppo Sportivo - Mistakes LP w/ original inner 1978 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gross Grolland - What Doesn't Kill Me Make A Big Mistake NEW CD USD $15.27 Buy It Now 1 day
RADIO FASHION What You Deserve b/w What You Deserve (Mistake Mix) SEALED USD $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Failures, Mistakes & Music USD $4.51 Buy It Now 1 day
PROMO 7" SINGLE P/S 45 - MEN AT WORK - IT' A MISTAKE - WITH INSERT - 83 - Brazil USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES WARREN & THE KORGIS - THAT WAS MY BIG MISTAKE ~ EX USD $5.19 Buy It Now 1 day
DOO-WOP-ENCHANTERS-SHARP 105-WE MAKE MISTAKES/THE DECISION USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KINGSMEN-ONE FOOLISH MISTAKE / STRANDED LOVE CD5 Maxi NEW USD $11.67 Buy It Now 1 day
BUCK-TICK-MISS TAKE BOKU WA MISTAKE-JAPAN CD C15 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Men at Work 45 Shintaro / It's a Mistake record 7" vinyl USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Night Birds - S/T 7" HAND PRINTED SLEEVE POP PUNK SURF GRAVE MISTAKE DIRTNAP USD $1.28 [1 bids]
Marcy Joe Ronnie + My First Mistake Robbee Records 7" 45 rpm R-110 LB-104 LB-105 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SUICIDE FILE some mistakes you never stop paying for VINYL LP rsd 2015 usa USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Les McCann LTD "In San Francisco" Pacific Jazz 1961 NM- Mistake on Cover USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Sep-2002,... USD $0.99 [0 bids]
BUCK-TICK-MISS TAKE BOKU WA MISTAKE-JAPAN CD DVD LTD F25 USD $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Men At Work " IT'S A MISTAKE / WHO CAN IT BE NOW " 12" Columbia 1983 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake UNPLUGGED & 2 UNRELEASE CD Single USA seler SEALED USD $23.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BRAVERY - AN HONEST MISTAKE 1 track promo CD, UK release USD $1.28 [0 bids]
Electric Eel Shock - Big Mistake single Promo CD 2007 Garage Rock USD $1.28 [0 bids]
Infadels - Make Mistakes 7" Vinyl Record 2008 USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK - IT'S A MISTAKE / SHINTARO - PS - VINYL 7" SINGLE 45 E USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Marcy Joe My First Mistake 45 rpm Ronnie USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mistakes Were Made - Mk4 (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.65 Buy It Now 1 day
(947J) Voo, Same Mistakes - DJ CD USD $3.23 Buy It Now 1 day
OTIS WILLIAMS & HIS CHARMS THAT'S YOUR MISTAKE/TOO LATE I LEARNED DELUXE 6091 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gatlin Brothers 45 Almost Called Her Baby By Mistake /Somethin' Like Each Others USD $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK ITS A MISTAKE 075P235 EP wz3216 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
EELS Mistakes Of My Youth 7" VINYL B/W A Good Deal, Picture Sleeve USD $13.09 Buy It Now 1 day
LULU Don't Take Love For Granted 7" VINYL B/W Love Is The Sweetest Mistake USD $2.72 Buy It Now 1 day
VIVA LULA Dad Sings The Blues 7" VINYL B/W Surely There Must Be Some Mistake USD $5.44 Buy It Now 1 day
SPIDERZ I Wanna Be Used For Love 7" VINYL B/W My Mistake (Wean18084) Faint USD $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" VINYL Promo B/W Too Many Lies (Cbsa1085) Pic Sleeve UK USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Sensual World / Be Kind to My Mistakes / Im Still USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DICKIE GOODMAN Energy Crisis '74 7" VINYL Has Sticker On Label B/W The Mistake USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" VINYL B/W Too Many Lies (A1085) Pic Sleeve UK Cbs USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
KINGBEES My Mistake 7" VINYL B/W Once Is Not Enough (Rso62) UK Rso USD $2.72 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES WARREN AND THE KORGIS That Was My Big Mistake 7" VINYL B/w Can't We Be USD $5.44 Buy It Now 1 day
INFADELS Make Mistakes 7" VINYL B/W Black Eyes And Love Bites (Wos031S) Pic USD $5.44 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK It's A Mistake 7" VINYL Has Number Sticker On Label (43550) USD $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS My Male Curiosity 7" VINYL B/W Making A Big Mistake USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY KELLY Makin' The Same Mistakes 7" VINYL B/W The Way It Is (2058286) USD $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
1964 The Impressions - I'm So Proud / I Made A Mistake Mint- 7" ABC 45-10544 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PHIL COLLINS AGAINST ALL ODDS / MAKING A BIG MISTAKE 7" SINGLE PIC SLEEVE USD $4.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Marcy Joe 7" Single 45 - Ronnie / My First Mistake - Robbee Records R-110 NM USD $4.99 [0 bids]
ROBBIE C.-"NO MISTAKES ALLOWED/I NEED A GIRL" 12" SINGLE SEALED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike OLDFIELD * VIRGIN * ~ MISTAKE / FAMILY MAN ~Germany~ MINT 4-Track 12" EP USD $31.95 Buy It Now 1 day
James Blunt NEW Sealed DVD+CD GiftPack "All the Lost Souls" ft 1973/Same Mistake USD $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
(BW510) Gareth Gates, Anyone of Us (Stupid Mistake) - 2002 DJ CD USD $3.57 Buy It Now 1 day
50`s r&b - otis williams & his new group( thats your mistake) deluxe USD $8.00 [0 bids]
FRUIT TUMOR Sain 7" VINYL B/W Mistake (Tuma1) UK Tumor USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" VINYL Promo B/W Too Many Lies (Cbsa1085) UK Cbs USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
PHIL COLLINS Against All Odds 7" VINYL B/W Making A Big Mistake (Vs674) Pic USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1 day
GRUPPO SPORTIVO 10 Mistakes LP VINYL 10 Track With Insert (Sepc82793) UK Epic USD $6.47 Buy It Now 1 day
(GH716) Teitur, All My Mistakes - DJ CD USD $2.01 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MISTAKES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"