THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
INK SPOTS 78 we'll meet again / my greatest mistake USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1h
Promo MGM 10128 George Paxton Lost Moment / Mistakes EXC+ NOS! USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Shirks - Cry Cry Cry 7" EP punk grave mistake 2011 ar-kaics windian garage 45 NM USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE MIKE OLDFIELD GROUP Mistake/(Waldberg) The Peak/Family Man/Mount Teide 12" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
My Favorite Mistake, Pt. 1 [Single] by Sheryl Crow (CD, Sep-1998)- EXCELLENT USD $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
My Favorite Mistake, Pt. 1 [Single] by Sheryl Crow (CD, Sep-1998)- NEAR MINT USD $1.09 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Isaac Hayes 'Hot Buttered Soul' LP MISTAKE! LABELS DO NOT CORRESPOND TO PROGRAM USD $9.95 [0 bids]
Men at Work It's a mistake 7" A3475 EX/EX UK USD $11.24 Buy It Now 2h 29m
7"-Single THE TROGGS Good Vibrations (1975)GERMANY PS / PRESS MISTAKE:NO B-LABEL USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
The Bravery - An Honest mistake UK RED VINYL 7" USD $6.05 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Funk 45 MARVA WHITNEY I Made A Mistake Because It's Only You Pt. 1 KING HEAR USD $8.00 [1 bids]
Number One Gun : Celebrate Mistakes CD (2003) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Phil Collins, Against all odds, Mike Rutherford, Making a big mistake, 1984 7" USD $1.14 [0 bids]
Culture Club Mistake No. 3 1984 DEMO vintage vinyl 7" record (EX) 45 rpm Pop USD $3.25 Buy It Now 5h 39m
The Rainieros Bad Decisions Big Mistakes CD USD $12.00 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Pennye Ford Uh Oh I Made A Mistake 12" Single 1985 Total Vinyl Record USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
SHERYL CROW UK 1998 CD Single MY FAVORITE MISTAKE 582763.2 MINT USD $4.53 Buy It Now 5h 59m
SHERYL CROW UK 1998 DIGIPACK CD Single My Favorite Mistake NON LP traxs NEW USD $5.29 Buy It Now 6h
Pop Promo NM! 45 NATIVE Make No Mistake on RCA (promo) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 31m
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake - 1983 US 2-track 7" Vinyl Single USD $15.15 Buy It Now 6h 33m
COME - Songs: Car and Last Mistake - 7" Sub Pop - 1991 - White Vinyl Record USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE BRAVERY - LIVE EP - HONEST MISTAKE / UNCONDITIONAL - 7" VINYL SINGLE LOGO009 USD $34.88 Buy It Now 6h 51m
VINTAGE THE CREW CUTS 45 RPM SEVEN DAYS/THAT'S YOUR MISTAKE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 21m
EX- !! The Wedding Present/Anyone Can Make A Mistake/1987 Reception 12" Single USD $7.57 Buy It Now 7h 32m
OTIS WILLIAMS & CHARMS: That's Your Mistake 45 Vocal Groups USD $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 43m
The Bravery an honest mistake CD+DVD + Fearless CD New USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 53m
FRANKIE FROBA & His Boys Mistakes - Waltz 78 Brunswick 04653 USD $19.70 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Enchanters The Descision / We Make Mistakes Sharp 105 Group Doo Wop EX USD $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 11m
PATTY SMYTH 45 RPM 7" - No Mistakes USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Glenn Campbell Oh Happy Day/Someone Above MISTAKE 45 RPM RECORD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 31m
Last Shadow Puppets, The - My Mistakes Were Made For You (2008,Promo) M/M USD $6.22 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Sheryl Crow - My Favorite Mistake (1998) NM/VG+ USD $10.84 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Jimmy Riley - Own Mistakes - 7" Cat No. MF2012 002 USD $13.63 Buy It Now 9h
Your Mistake by USD $0.99 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Men At Work-It's A Mistake (Near Mint) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Chainsuck - Angelscore (CD) Prozac, Scarlet Letters, Big Mistake, Emily Says USD $3.00 Buy It Now 10h
(EX444) Keisha White, Don't Mistake Me - 2006 DJ CD USD $4.53 Buy It Now 10h 26m
(EX526) The Bravery, An Honest Mistake - 2005 CD USD $4.53 Buy It Now 10h 35m
PHANTOM, ROCKER & SLICK promo 45 My Mistake w/picture sleeve - NM/unplayed USD $6.00 Buy It Now 10h 37m
THE BRAVERY An Honest Mistake Promo CD Single Island 2005 NM USD $0.99 [0 bids]
FANTASTIC SHAKERS: The Biggest Mistake 45 Soul USD $25.00 Buy It Now 11h 16m
EPIDEMIC promo CD-Walk Away/Make No Mistake/The Slightest Trace+Enhanced Video++ USD $4.88 [0 bids]
USD $9.87 Buy It Now
COMRADE NINE Make No Mistake b/w Western Border RARE PRIVATE PRESS NM-!!! 1986 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 11h 55m
Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake CD, 2002, Militia USD $2.59 Buy It Now 12h 13m
TEAR GAS / Piggy Go Getter original pressing w/ RARE MISTAKE INNER SLICK USD $39.00 [0 bids]
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia Group) USD $1.50 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Patty Smyth 45 No Mistakes / River of Love rpm record 7" vinyl USD $2.50 Buy It Now 13h 39m
Mistakes [Single] by Blue October UK (CD, 2003, A Different Drum ) synthpop CD USD $2.95 [0 bids]
USD $5.10 Buy It Now
Barbra Streisand & Kim Carnes, Make No Mistake He's Mine ~ 1984 Columbia 45+PS USD $3.77 Buy It Now 13h 41m
COMATEENS The Late Mistake x3 Pictures On A String 12 inch John Luongo remix USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 57m
(CZ560) Amusement Parks On Fire, Yesterdays Mistakes - 2005 DJ CD USD $4.53 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Men At Work - It's A Mistake / Shintaro 7" 45 VG+ Columbia 1983 USD $1.68 Buy It Now 14h 11m
The Ataris In This Diary 3-Trk + Video CDS (2003) "A Beautiful Mistake" VG+ USD $14.74 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Led Zeppelin III Record LP Album Exc.Con! (2) Mirror Finish! MISTAKE Pressing USD $33.99 Buy It Now 15h 19m
SPLIT ENZ-1977-My Mistake-45-FREE POST USD $7.04 Buy It Now 15h 39m
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - EP CD, 2003 USD $5.66 Buy It Now 15h 48m
ELVIS PRESLEY LPM 2999 ROUSTABOUT USA MISTAKE LBL MONO/MONAURAL SILVER/WHITE!!! USD $99.99 [0 bids]
Popcorn Promo 45 BOB NEWKIRK Lover / SMALL MISTAKE on Philips (promo) J25 USD $12.50 Buy It Now 17h 37m
Stephen Cummings We All Make Mistakes 7in single 1982 Australian USD $11.74 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Rod Lunn : Same Mistake CD (2009) USD $3.35 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Sheryl Crow : My Favorite Mistake Pt 1 / Subway / Crash CD (1998) USD $3.93 Buy It Now 18h 21m
Mark Miller - Failures Mistakes & Music [CD New] USD $15.33 Buy It Now 19h 45m
Mk4 - Mistakes Were Made [CD New] USD $15.25 Buy It Now 19h 47m
BUCK-TICK-MISS TAKE BOKU WA MISTAKE-JAPAN CD C15 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 19h 54m
MC Lyte(12" Vinyl P/S)I Can't Make A Mistake-East West-Ex/New (UNPLAYED) USD $15.15 Buy It Now 20h 24m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO - 10 MISTAKES 2 VINYL EP ROCK NEW WAVE NEW+ USD $35.80 Buy It Now 20h 50m
Fabio Rocha's Shining Star - Fatal Mistake CD Megahard Records 2000 MEGA RARE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 58m
Delta Goodrem - Mistake Identity 4 Track CD Single Incl Video USD $6.22 Buy It Now 21h 10m
THE SQUADRONAIRES MISTAKES & SLOW COACH DECCA F9896 USD $3.78 Buy It Now 22h 17m
FRANKIE FROBA LOVE SONG IN 32 BARS & MISTAKES BRUNSWICK 04653 USD $3.78 Buy It Now 22h 18m
The Bravery - An honest mistake - UK 2 track CD single USD $7.57 Buy It Now 22h 36m
Beatiful Mistake/Ettison Cleo - Split (2006) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 22h 59m
THE INFADELS - MAKE MISTAKES - UK CD SINGLE USD $3.02 Buy It Now 23h 50m
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 1 Track Radio Edit Promo In Special Sleeve EUROPEA USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 1 Track Radio Edit Promo With Info Stickered Case USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 2 Track B/w Hey Sunshiney Day EUROPEAN Polydor 200 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ARTHUR TRACY (Street Singer) Greatest Mistake Of My Life/When The Harvest... 78 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
COMPULSION Mall Monarchy CD 4 Track B/w A Little Mistake, Galvanised And F Byron USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CANTINERO Beautiful Mistakes CD 2 Track B/w Nice Day UK Ryko 2004 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CLEAR Johnny Marr Was A Mistake CD 3 Track B/w Cigarettes And Spies And They EU USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
INFADELS Make Mistakes CD 4 Track Radio Edit Promo In Card Sleeve B/w Remix, Rem USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
INFADELS Make Mistakes CD 4 Track Radio Edit Promo With Info Stickered Card Slee USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ISLAND Way I'm Feeling Now CD 3 Track B/w I Still Believe And Same Mistakes EUR USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KEISHA WHITE Don't Mistake Me CD 1 Track Promo In Special Sleeve EUROPEAN Korov USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KEISHA WHITE Don't Mistake Me CD 2 Track Radio Mix B/w Soul Seekerz Radio Mix E USD $9.08 Buy It Now 1 day
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake CD 3 Track Part 1 B/w Something Better And Torn Ac USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
LAST SHADOW PUPPETS My Mistakes Were Made For You CD One Track Promo UK Domino USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Wishing I Was There CD 3 Track Part 1 Of 2 B/w Big Mistake Liv USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MC LYTE I Can't Make A Mistake CD 3 Track Radio Edit B/w Instrumental, Acappella USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MC LYTE I Can't Make A Mistake CD 3 Track Radio Edit With Info Stickered Case B/ USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 1 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit UK Manifesto 199 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 1 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit With Info Stickre USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 3 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit B/w Need A Dub An USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
NUMBER ONE GUN Celebrate Mistakes CD 11 Track EUROPEAN Floodgate 2003 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake CD 3 Track Digi Pack B/w In Need And Carolina U USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake CD 1 Track Promo In Special Digi Pack UK A USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake CD 3 Track B/w Subway Ride And Crash And Burn U USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW Soak Up The Sun CD 4 Track Album Version B/w My Favourite Mistake Li USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
TEARS FOR FEARS God's Mistake CD 1 Track Promo In Special Sleeve AUSTRIAN Epic USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
TEARS FOR FEARS God's Mistake CD 1 Track Promo In Special Sleeve US Epic 1995 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
0 result found for "THE MISTAKES"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MISTAKES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"