THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

MistakesMistakes
Mfs 1996
$17.74

Sheryl Crow My Favourite Mistake Australian CD Single - Like New USD $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Goldie - We'll Make The Same Mistake - 7" Record Single USD $6.35 Buy It Now 2h 4m
FREDERIC FERRARI MISTAKES & MY BELOVED PARLOPHONE R3500 USD $3.18 Buy It Now 3h 11m
SHERYL CROW CD My Favorite Mistake USA Gatefold DIGI-PACK 1998 Mint / UNPLAYED USD $15.22 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Men At Work The Works Australian CD" Johnny Downunder Mistake Overkill USD $6.91 [0 bids]
5h
(ROCK 45 PICTURE DISC) KATE BUSH - THIS WOMAN'S WORK / BE KIND TO MY MISTAKES USD $18.75 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Ellis Paul-Sweet Mistakes CD NEW USD $6.00 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Comateens-The Late Mistake/Ice Machine 7" Single.1983 Virgin VS 575.New Wave. USD $3.17 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Tears For Fears-God`S Mistake -Cds- (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $9.51 Buy It Now 7h 2m
78rpm PAINT YOURSELF A RAINBOW / MISTAKES Donald Peers, HMV B. 10227 USD $19.10 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Alvin James 45 Sweet Lies/The Best Mistake Aztec FS 101 Private 70s County Gold USD $13.00 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Sisters Of Mercy SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE Badge Gothic Rock Punk Goth USD $6.35 Buy It Now 7h 15m
Gary Lewis 45 Shes Just My Style bw I Wont Make That Mistakes Again on Liberty USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
natalie imbruglia big mistake cd USD $2.08 Buy It Now 7h 59m
MC Lyte CD - I Can't Make A Mistake - from album Seven & Seven USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
New Sealed The Beautiful Mistakes Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn Cd Rock USD $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
JAMES BLUNT SAME MISTAKE ISRAELI 1 TRACK PROMO CD VERY RARE USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8h 17m
Sheryl Crow - My Favorite Mistake PT 2 [New CD] USD $13.47 Buy It Now 8h 44m
JOHNNY HALLYDAY RARE ISRAEL ISRAELI MISTAKE 10" LP ROCK AND TWIST WITH JACK HAMM USD $65.00 Buy It Now 9h 7m
PICTURE DISC VINYL SINGLE FROM MEN AT WORK - ITS A MISTAKE USD $17.82 [0 bids]
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA - Big Mistake - Part 1 - 1998 UK 3-track enhanced CD single USD $7.63 Buy It Now 9h 35m
Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake by James Figurine (CD, May-2006, Plug Research) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
TEARS FOR FEARS - God's Mistake US 1995 Epic promo CD USD $8.90 Buy It Now 11h 3m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO - BACK TO 19 MISTAKES CD NEW+ USD $38.11 Buy It Now 11h 13m
FRUIT TUMOR sain/mistake TUMA 1 tumor records 1994 7" PS EX+/EX USD $8.90 Buy It Now 11h 22m
THE AFTERMATH DUMB AND UNAWARE 7'' EP VINYL VG+/VG+ GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS USD $2.80 Buy It Now 11h 27m
NORTHERN SOUL CANARIOS PAIN/YOU MADE A MISTAKE CALLA 162 PROMO USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 39m
Ted Taylor Paying For My Love Mistakes 7" PROMO WLP DJ 1977 NM Paying For My USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 54m
NORTHERN SOUL-ROSCOE SHELTON-VALDOT 7001-TIME AND DISTANCE/YESTERDAY'S MISTAKES USD $30.00 Buy It Now 11h 56m
FRANK VIRTUOSO Virtue ARCADE AR-135 I Made A Mistake OOH YA GOTTA e++ 78rpm 78 USD $15.00 [0 bids]
(IH93) Neverman, Mr Mistake - 2016 DJ CD USD $6.35 Buy It Now 12h 3m
CARTEL The Perfect Mistake w/ ULTRA RARE MIX USA PROMO radio DJ CD single 2009 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 16m
Whyte Horses - Natures Mistakes - 2 Track USD $5.08 Buy It Now 12h 29m
Gruppo Sportivo Mistakes 1979 Sire SRK-6066 Greg Calbi Sterling Promo Press NM- USD $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Ohio Express 'Beg Borrow And Steal' Mint 7" record + 'Hanky Panky' label mistake USD $19.00 Buy It Now 13h 14m
THE SISTERS OF MERCY - SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $8.98 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Clyde McPhatter: "Twice As Nice" / "Where Did I Make My Mistake" - '59 - pl well USD $4.25 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Personalised Record For Rachel 45 with printing mistake. USD $2.16 [0 bids]
Gruppo Sportivo - Back To 19 Mistakes (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.04 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Ruth Brown w/ Orchestra / Am I Making Mistake Again / Teardrops Eyes - 78 Record USD $17.99 Buy It Now 15h 39m
Sly Boogy - Fatal Mistake 12" Mint- UL 001 02 Vinyl 2002 Record USD $18.00 Buy It Now 15h 43m
LEE WILLIAMS & CYMBALS "I CAN MAKE MISTAKES TOO" USD $19.09 Buy It Now 15h 54m
Carousel ABC 10953 ONE MISTAKE (RARE ROCK N ROLL PROMO 45) MAKE OFFER USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 5m
ROY ENGLAND Photon (Remixes) 12" NEW VINYL Make Mistakes Attendat Time For Trees USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 12m
(ET525) Teitur, All My Mistakes - 2009 DJ CD USD $3.81 Buy It Now 16h 29m
CHRIS ANDREWS 1969 SINGLE MADE IN SOUTH AFRICA 45 *MAKER OF MISTAKES, BELINDA* 7 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 33m
Dean Martin - I'll Gladly Make The Same Mistake Again 7" VG+ Vinyl 45 Capitol USD $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Aviv Gefen & the mistake full moon 2 CDs rare USD $44.25 Buy It Now 17h 4m
PERE UBU-dub housing-ITALY ORIG LP-1979-spelling mistake label- EX+ USD $27.30 [0 bids]
Middle Kids Mistake 2018 U.S. promo cd USD $3.32 Buy It Now 17h 52m
NUMBER ONE GUN - Celebrate Mistakes - Metal Hard Rock Music CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Vayden-Children of Our Mistakes (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $11.73 Buy It Now 18h 19m
78 RPM "TEARDROPS FROM MY EYES/AM I MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN?" RUTH BROWN 1 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m
MEN AT WORK: IT'S A MISTAKE B/W SHINTARO, EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $10.00 Buy It Now 19h 7m
ACE KENNEDY Buck Dancin / I Made a Mistake 45 RECORD RARE DOO WOP PROMO USD $40.00 Buy It Now 19h 17m
RAPHAEL GUALAZZI-HAPPY MISTAKE (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $7.59 Buy It Now 20h 11m
MEN AT WORK (It's A Mistake) Columbia 38-03959 + picture sleeve USD $4.50 Buy It Now 20h 42m
MARVA WHITNEY_I MADE A MISTAKE BECAUSE IT'S ONLY YOU Pt. 1 & 2_ 7" VINYL 45 RPM USD $1.00 [0 bids]
Drive Like Red, Silence of September, Stella Blackrose, Mistake U.S. promo cd USD $3.00 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Heffron Drive: Happy Mistakes: Unplugged CD "2015" New In Jewel Case Shrink Wrap USD $12.99 [0 bids]
Stephanie McIntosh Tightrope Deluxe edition CD box set NEW Mistake Overcome USD $17.25 Buy It Now 23h 13m
JEB JOY NICHOLS That's All I Want/My Mistake Rare 2 Track CD! USD $2.53 Buy It Now 23h 43m
BARBRA STREISAND : MAKE NO MISTAKE,HE'S MINE ( DUET WITH KIM CARNES ) : A4994 USD $1.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Rolling Stones 'Biggest Mistake' Display Promo Card Flat 11" x 11" USD $7.60 [0 bids]
The Suicide File - Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For (NEW VINYL LP) USD $24.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Her One Mistake, CD/Spoken Word by Perks, Heidi; Dillon, Kirsty (NRT); Maisey... USD $32.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Lacy J. Dalton-Wild Turkey / Everybody Makes Mistakes USD $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Rick Derringer - I Play Guitar - Mistake Magnifique - Vinyl Record 12" Single USD $10.18 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW - THE VERY BEST OF + MY FAVORITE MISTAKE 2 X CD USD $3.81 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW - MY FAVORITE MISTAKE 2 X CD SINGLE USD $3.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Gene & Jerry: You Just Can't Win (By Making The Same Mistake) 45 - Soul USD $3.75 Buy It Now 1 day
JACKSON & JONES - MAKE NO MISTAKE 7" VINYL USD $9.54 Buy It Now 1 day
BEYENE, Girma/AKALE WUBE - Ethiopiques 30: Mistakes On Purpose - Vinyl (2xLP) USD $29.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - My Mistake 12" 1977 USD $3.81 [0 bids]
78 1950s Eddie Arnold "What Is Life Without You" "Be Sure There's No Mistake" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Natalie Imbruglia - Big Mistake - CD2 - Strictly Limited Edition + Postcards USD $3.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Marva Whitney - I Made A Mistake Because It's Only You 45 King funk USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CONNY BLOOM Last Mistake Telegram Records 3984-26272-9 Cardboard 1999 CD Single USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMOS MILBURN 78 That was your last mistake / Everybody clap ALADDIN VG++R USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
A Forest Of Stars-Grave Mounds & Grave Mistakes (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $44.21 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLARD McDANIEL 45 My Greatest Mistake/Mobile CROWN r&b f3224 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Girls Aloud Chemistry Tour 2006 You Can't Mistake My Biology Tote Bag New Rare USD $19.09 Buy It Now 1 day
THE PLATTERS: ~ 'YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE' ~ 1958 Mercury 7" SP ~ (EX) USD $15.92 [0 bids]
D PLUS - MISTAKE - KRWYRAWN51-CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mr. Little Jeans Good Mistake ep U.S. promo cd hard-to-find USD $2.97 Buy It Now 1 day
A Forest Of Stars-Grave Mounds & Grave Mistakes (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $46.97 Buy It Now 1 day
A Forest Of Stars-Grave Mounds & Grave Mistakes (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $41.43 Buy It Now 1 day
OTISWILLIAMS - THATS YOUR MISTAKE - CANADIAN QUALITY 78 USD $25.47 [0 bids]
Terra Lightfoot - New Mistakes [CD] USD $15.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Hank Locklin Sweetest Mistake/Hang My Picture In 45 RPM USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
KEITH RICHARDS "STRUGGLE / MAKE NO MISTAKE" 1988 DJ PROMO ONLY 12" MINT VINYL USD $29.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Altar - And God Created Satan To Blame For His Mistakes [New CD] USD $16.08 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL YOUNG LP Trans 1982 Geffen 2018 Error Mistake First Edition Pressing USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - THIS IS WHO YOU ARE - CD, 2004 USD $2.62 Buy It Now 1 day
A Forest Of Stars-Grave Mounds & Grave Mistakes (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $38.92 Buy It Now 1 day
MADNESS ONE STEP BEYOND MISTAKES STIFF MO 1922 SUGGS ROCK SKA SPANISH USD $4.08 [2 bids]
(IK408) The Last Shadow Puppets, My Mistakes Were Made For You - 2008 DJ CD USD $11.45 Buy It Now 1 day
The Nevermen-Mr. Mistake (Boards Of Canada Remix) Ltd 7" Picture Disc USD $19.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock 45 Men At Work - It'S A Mistake / Shintaro On Columbia USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Faith Global - The Same Mistakes - Survival 003 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"