THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
Audio CD$4.97 (used)

Your Beautiful Mistake Audio CD USD $28.85 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Stephanie McIntosh - Mistake 3 Track CD Single USD $5.34 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Neon One - Big Mistake - 162A 2 - 2006 #197736 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 5m
20th Finger - Mistakes - Sure Player Black - 2003 #107314 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Broombeck - Lowrida - Mistakes Music - 2009 #352557 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Lye By Mistake-Fea Jur CD NEW USD $12.78 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Big Mistake - Part 1 Natalie Imbruglia UK CD single (CD5 / 5") 74321566782 RCA USD $11.86 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Split Enz My Mistake 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) UK CHS2170 CHRYSALIS 1977 USD $17.42 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Sheryl Crow CD single (CD5 / 5") My Favorite Mistake - Digipak UK 582761-2 A USD $14.98 Buy It Now 8h 32m
New Mistake Jellyfish cassette single UK CUSC11 CHRYSALIS 1993 USD $11.23 Buy It Now 8h 34m
Dean Martin I'll Gladly Make The Same Mistake Again UK 7" vinyl single record USD $12.42 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Bravery Honest Mistake - Superdiscount Mix UK 10" vinyl single record 988-0023 USD $18.36 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Keith Richards Make No Mistake 7" vinyl single record UK VS1179 VIRGIN 1989 USD $18.68 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Teitur All My Mistakes UK CD album (CDLP) CDAG25 A&G RECORDS 2009 USD $19.35 Buy It Now 9h 9m
Jellyfish New Mistake 7" vinyl single record UK CUSS11 CHARISMA 1993 USD $13.68 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Men At Work It's A Mistake 7" vinyl single record UK A3475 EPIC 1983 USD $12.42 Buy It Now 9h 17m
MEN AT WORK IT'S A MISTAKE 12" 1983 WITH SHINTARO + BE GOOD JOHNNY UK USD $4.98 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Paul Anka's 21 Golden Hits LP 1963 LSP-2691 Rare Printing mistake VG+/EX Vinyl USD $23.70 Buy It Now 11h 42m
45RPM The Knack Pay The Devil/Lil Cals Big Mistake Capitol A-5054 0909E USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Country 45 Billy Talmadge - I Made A Mistake And I'M Sorry / 'Tis Sweet To Be Re USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Soul Crossover 45 Johnny Williams Be Mine/Made A Mistake Bashie 16694 USD $63.75 Buy It Now 14h 35m
FRESH MAGGOTS"CAR SONG"ACID FOLK- RARE 7" EP 1972 PORTUGAL "MISTAKE"TOP COPY NM USD $99.99 [0 bids]
Country 45 Don Winters - Look What Happened / Forgive My Mistakes On Rca Victor USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Gruppo Sportivo Mistakes Promo Original Sire LP New Wave Punk NM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 8m
My Favourite Mistake [CD 2] Audio CD USD $14.79 Buy It Now 16h 15m
CHARLES BEVERLY: Don't Make Me Pay For His Mistakes 45 Soul USD $12.00 Buy It Now 16h 34m
AMUSEMENT PARKS ON FIRE Yesterdays Mistakes CD USD $15.93 Buy It Now 16h 46m
THE MISTAKE - FUCK EVERYTHING UP-CD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Happy Mistake -Deluxe- Audio CD USD $21.76 Buy It Now 16h 59m
12" VERY RARE LP MISTAKES BY GRUPPO SPORTIVO (1978) SIRE SRK 6066 WITH 7 INCH EP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 10m
GARETH GATES Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) CD USD $1.25 Buy It Now 17h 10m
GARETH GATES Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 17h 10m
KEN DODD The Same Mistakes / Call Me Mister Sunshine 7" 45 USD $3.66 Buy It Now 17h 11m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 17h 17m
SHERYL CROW cassette tape pop single (digi pack) MY FAVOURITE MISTAKE cat5827614 USD $3.74 Buy It Now 17h 35m
JEB JOY NICHOLS That's All I Want/My Mistake Rare 2 Track CD! USD $2.49 Buy It Now 17h 40m
WOOFING COOKIES Such A Mistake/Girl From Japan 7" 1984 NYC power pop EX HEAR IT USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 47m
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake 3 Track CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 17h 49m
THE BRAVERY A Honest Mistake 3 Track CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 17h 50m
THE BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 17h 51m
THE BRAVERY An Honest Mistake DVD USD $5.31 Buy It Now 17h 51m
THE BRAVERY - Live (Honest Mistake) - 7" Vinyl Single *Picture Cover* USD $1.86 Buy It Now 18h
Split Enz-My Mistake plus Crosswords -Free UK Post USD $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 41m
Ace Kennedy 45 rpm record northern soul Popcorn I Made a Mistake USD $25.00 [0 bids]
Gruppo Sportivo - Sire PRO-S-813 - From the Sire Album "Mistakes" 33 1/3 PROMO USD $2.50 Buy It Now 19h 33m
Gruppo Sportivo - Sire EP 6066 - More mistakes (M-) 33 1/3 RPM USD $2.50 Buy It Now 19h 33m
THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE Angel Cherub Design T-SHIRT Black (XL) Concert TOUR Band USD $14.95 Buy It Now 19h 38m
JELLYFISH - NEW MISTAKE (4 TRACK MAXI-SINGLE, 1993, CHARISMA V25H-12663) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
20h
ROYALETTES: It's A Big Mistake 45 (dj) Soul USD $18.00 Buy It Now 20h 3m
(EY383) Gareth Gates, Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) - 2002 CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 21h 5m
(EY391) The Bravery, An Honest Mistake - 2005 CD USD $3.72 Buy It Now 21h 6m
Split Enz "My Mistake" Great Oz 7" USD $4.61 Buy It Now 21h 12m
(CK494) Sheryl Crow, My Favorite Mistake - 1998 DJ CD USD $3.74 Buy It Now 21h 13m
SEALED CD THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE LIGHT A MATCH I DESERVE TO SEE ALL MUSIC LISTED USD $3.00 Buy It Now 21h 44m
James Blunt "All the Lost Souls" w/ 1973, Same Mistake, Carry You Home USD $4.00 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Victory Within Paying for Yesterdays Mistakes CD USD $7.94 Buy It Now 22h 46m
M- 1965 NORTHERN SOUL 45 / TIMI YURO / BIG MISTAKE / TEARDROPS / MERCURY 72478 USD $2.99 [1 bids]
Lisa Morales Beautiful Mistake CD USD $9.74 Buy It Now 23h 23m
The Sisters of Mercy: Some Girls Wander by Mistake cd USD $8.18 Buy It Now 23h 42m
CULTURE CLUB MISTAKE NO. 3 VINYL 7" 45 RECORD EPIC 34-04727 PROMO USD $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDREW TIBBS: Stone Hearted Woman / I Made A Mistake 45 Soul USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Happy Mistakes - Heffron Drive (2014, CD New) 859713103801 USD $13.42 Buy It Now 1 day
The ALMOST - Mistakes T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $23.04 Buy It Now 1 day
The ALMOST - Mistakes T-shirt - NEW - SMALL ONLY USD $23.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Jellyfish / New Mistake [CDS 1993] 10trk Japan Only USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Heffron Drive - Happy Mistakes [CD New] USD $11.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Happy Mistakes - Heffron Drive (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.91 Buy It Now 1 day
ENCHANTERS: We Make Mistakes / The Decision 45 rare Vocal Groups USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Flowers Of Romance - Brilliant Mistakes KOREA CD *SEALED* USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES FIGURINE MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE JAPAN CD SEALED G-16382 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Gary Lewis & The Playboys - She's Just My Style / I Won't Make That Mistake USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA - Big Mistake (UK 4 Tk Enh CD Single Pt 1) USD $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE VALLEY_Burning At The Mistake_used CD_ships from AUS!_C5 USD $9.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Sheryl Crow's 8 Australian CD Singles - All I Wanna Do, Favorite Mistake, Strong USD $17.67 [0 bids]
USD $23.04 Buy It Now
10/7/93PGN15 JELLYFISH : NEW MISTAKE SINGLE ADVERT 7X10" USD $8.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake - Excellent Condition 7" Single Epic A 3475 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Love Committee - I Made A Mistake - T. Electric - Northern Soul - MP3 USD $22.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Cartel - The Perfect Mistake - Radio Promo CD Single - 1210 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Goodman, Dickie - Energy Crisis '74/The Mistake (45,1974) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CULTURE CLUB BOY GEORGE mistake no. 3 *RARE Limited 1984 PHILIPPINES 7" DJ VINYL USD $149.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Some Mistakes You Never Stop Paying For * by Suicide File (Vinyl, Nov-2015,... USD $6.00 [0 bids]
The Beautiful Mistake : Light a Match, for I Deserve T CD (2002)***NEW*** USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEPHANIE MCINTOSH - MISTAKE - UK CD SINGLE USD $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
RICK RAYLE I MADE A MISTAKE / GET IT OFF YOUR MIND WLP 45 HICKORY RECORDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake / Shintaro - 1983 NEAR MINT- Canada 45 USD $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES WARREN & THE KORGIS - THAT WAS MY BIG MISTAKE - 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $1.25 [0 bids]
Bob Delevante - Columbus & The Colossal Mistake [CD New] USD $20.62 Buy It Now 1 day
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia) NEW USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Columbus & The Colossal Mistake - Bob Delevante (2006, CD New) USD $31.58 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beautiful Mistake : This Is Who You Are [Us Import] CD (2004)***NEW*** USD $3.45 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bravery - An honest mistake RED VINYL 7" USD $6.23 Buy It Now 1 day
TEARS FOR FEARS - GOD'S MISTAKE - IMPORT CASSETTE SINGLE USD $12.99 [0 bids]
LARRY GATLIN ALMOST CALLED HER BABY BY MISTAKE & SOMETHIN LIKE EACH OTHERS ARMS USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
More Than A Movie - Mistakes [CD New] USD $7.29 Buy It Now 1 day
DIANA ROSS & MARVIN GAYE * MY MISTAKE & INCLUDE ME IN YOUR LIFE * 45 RPM USD $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK - IT'S A MISTAKE / SHINTARO - PS - VINYL 7" SINGLE 45 E USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Blends Saafir Oakland My Favorite Mistake **RARE LP NEW USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Pan 45 rpm Record: SESAME STREET & EVERYONE MAKE MISTAKES ~1970s USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HITCHHIKERS YOU'RE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE ABC 12248 PROMO M- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ronnie Milsap & Kenny Rogers - Make No Mistake She's Mine 45 1987 VG / VG+ USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"