THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
My Favorite Mistake, Pt. 1 [Single] by Sheryl Crow (CD, Sep-1998)- EXCELLENT USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
My Favorite Mistake, Pt. 1 [Single] by Sheryl Crow (CD, Sep-1998)- NEAR MINT USD $1.09 Buy It Now 1h 21m
SLICK RICK Mistakes Of A Woman In Love With Other Men 12" Def Jam hip-hop rap USD $0.99 [0 bids]
DIANA ROSS & MARVIN GAYE My Mistake (Was To Love You) JET-2233 EP wf7130 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
(930M) The Beautiful Mistake, This Is Who You Are- 2004 USD $9.52 Buy It Now 1h 40m
GARY LEWIS and THE PLAYBOYS, She's Just My Style-I Won't Make That Mistake Again USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 3m
MARCY JOE * 45 * Ronnie / My First Mistake * 1961 #81 * ROBBEE Label #110 * ORIG USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Gruppo Sportivo - Mistakes / 1978 Sire NICE Vinyl! USD $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 11m
MADNESS one step beyond/mistakes 45 EU ps SKA rocksteady MOD rare oop L@@K USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
The Beatles White Album 1968 VG+ SWBO-101 US # 0610797 RARE MISTAKES ON LABEL USD $599.00 [0 bids]
USD $999.09 Buy It Now
Light a Match, For I Deserve to Burn by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Sep-2002, ... USD $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia Group) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Lye by Mistake Fea Jur USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
CLOAK/DAGGER don't need a 7" Record Vinyl grave mistake/jade tree records USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Sonic Avenues Mistakes CLEAR COLORED VARIANT Vinyl LP Record Dirtnap USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - THIS IS WHO YOU ARE - CD, 2004 USD $5.81 Buy It Now 7h 55m
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - LIGHT A MATCH FOR I DESERVE TO BURN - CD, 2002 USD $5.81 Buy It Now 8h 11m
SISTERS OF MERCY 'SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE' CD NEW+ USD $25.73 Buy It Now 10h 3m
BARBRA STREISAND Make No Mistake He's Mine 7" B/w Clear Sailing Pic Sleeve UK C USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10h 14m
BARBRA STREISAND WITH KIM CARNES Make No Mistake He's Mine 7" B/w Clear Sailing USD $11.45 Buy It Now 10h 14m
BARBRA STREISAND Make No Mistake He's Mine DOUBLE 7" Limited Double Pack In Open USD $16.37 Buy It Now 10h 14m
CHARLIE CRANE That Was My First Mistake 7" Demo B/w Ways Of A Woman UK Emi 1975 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 10h 15m
CLOAK/DAGGER Pinata 7" 4 Track, Clear Vinyl In Picture Sleeve US Grave Mistake USD $11.22 Buy It Now 10h 15m
DICKIE GOODMAN Energy Crisis '74 7" Has Sticker On Label B/w The Mistake US Rai USD $3.90 Buy It Now 10h 17m
LULU Don't Take Love For Granted 7" B/w Love Is The Sweetest Mistake Radio Stat USD $3.12 Buy It Now 10h 58m
LULU Don't Take Love For Granted 7" B/w Love Is The Sweetest Mistake UK Rocket USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10h 58m
MEN AT WORK It's A Mistake 7" B/w Shintaro Pic Sleeve UK Epic 1983 USD $3.12 Buy It Now 10h 58m
LOIS WALDEN One And Twenty 7" B/w The Mistake US Earth USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10h 58m
MEN AT WORK It's A Mistake 7" Has Number Sticker On Label BRAZILLIAN Cbs 1983 USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10h 58m
PHANTOM ROCKER AND SLICK My Mistake 7" B/w Runnin' From The Hounds Factory Samp USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10h 58m
MEN AT WORK It's A Mistake 7" Promo B/w Shintaro Pic Sleeve UK Epic 1983 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 10h 58m
PHIL COLLINS Against All Odds 7" B/w Making A Big Mistake Pic Sleeve UK Virgin USD $7.79 Buy It Now 10h 59m
INFADELS Make Mistakes 7" B/w Black Eyes And Love Bites Pic Sleeve UK Wall Of S USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 2m
EELS Mistakes Of My Youth 7" B/w A Good Deal, Picture Sleeve Released 08/12/14 USD $14.97 Buy It Now 11h 4m
FRUIT TUMOR Sain 7" B/w Mistake Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED IN FRANCE Tumor 199 USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 5m
FRUIT TUMOR Sain 7" B/w Mistake UK Tumor 1994 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 11h 5m
KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS My Male Curiosity 7" B/w Making A Big Mistake Pic S USD $3.90 Buy It Now 11h 5m
JAMES WARREN AND THE KORGIS That Was My Big Mistake 7" B/w Can't We Be Friends USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 5m
HAZEL DEAN Who Was That Lady 7" Demo B/w One Bad Mistake UK Decca 1978 USD $24.56 Buy It Now 11h 6m
SPIDERZ I Wanna Be Used For Love 7" B/w My Mistake Pic Sleeve UK Hurricane 1980 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 11h 6m
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" B/w Too Many Lies Pic Sleeve UK Cbs 1981 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 11h 7m
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" Promo B/w Too Many Lies Pic Sleeve UK Cbs 1981 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 11h 7m
STROKE Silly Mistakes 7" Promo B/w Too Many Lies UK Cbs 1981 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 11h 7m
KINGBEES My Mistake 7" B/w Once Is Not Enough UK Rso 1980 USD $3.12 Buy It Now 11h 8m
SPIDERZ I Wanna Be Used For Love 7" B/w My Mistake Faint Sticker Mark To Top Ri USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 8m
KAYE SISTERS If Only Tomorrow 7" B/w Mistakes UK Philips 1962 USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 8m
KEN DODD Same Mistakes 7" B/w Call Me Mister Sunshine UK Columbia 1967 USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 9m
WEDDING PRESENT Anyone Can Make A Mistake 1987 UK 12" Vinyl EXCELENT CONDITION USD $23.39 Buy It Now 11h 16m
VIVA LULA Dad Sings The Blues 7" B/w Surely There Must Be Some Mistake Pic Slee USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 19m
TONY KELLY Makin' The Same Mistakes 7" B/w The Way It Is Sticker Mark On Label USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 19m
VIVA LULA Dad Sings The Blues 7" B/w Surely There Must Be Some Mistake Pic USD $7.79 Buy It Now 11h 19m
Z.Z. HILL Think People 7" B/w Don't Make Me Pay For His Mistakes US Hill USD $13.09 Buy It Now 11h 21m
TEITUR Stay Under The Stars All My Mistakes Hitchhiker Mars Umbrella Fire CD NEW USD $4.97 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Designs & Mistakes - Animals On Wheels (1997, CD New) USD $13.09 Buy It Now 12h 33m
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake - Excellent Condition 7" Single Epic A 3475 USD $6.21 Buy It Now 13h
Natalie Imbruglia - Big Mistake CD Single Something Better / Torn USD $1.54 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Number One Gun : Celebrate Mistakes CD (2003) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 13h 26m
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake 10" One Sided Promo (9880023) UK Polydor 2005 USD $3.90 Buy It Now 14h 44m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake POSTER Promo Poster For New Single Aprox 48 X 68 C USD $7.79 Buy It Now 14h 50m
One Foolish Mistake / Stranded Love - Kingsmen (Used Very Good) USD $7.37 Buy It Now 14h 54m
Information Mistakes We Knew We Were Making CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 14h 58m
The Sisters of Mercy - Some Girls Wander By Mistake (1991),19 TRACKS CD ISSUE USD $10.91 Buy It Now 15h 7m
PATTY SMYTH * NO MISTAKES & RIVER OF LOVE * 45 RPM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15h 8m
The Beautiful Mistake : Light a Match, for I Deserve T CD (2002)***NEW*** USD $3.93 Buy It Now 15h 18m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO~10 MISTAKES~VERY RARE 1978 ALT POP VINYL ALBUM WITH INSERT USD $9.35 [0 bids]
78 1950s Eddy Arnold "What Is Life Without Love" "Be Sure There's No Mistake" USD $6.50 Buy It Now 16h 55m
THE SISTERS OF MERCY SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE CD THE CULT USD $6.24 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Margaret McGlinn "When I Could Have Had You/Make No Mistake" 45 PROMO USD $4.95 Buy It Now 18h 29m
1984 Columbia 45rpm BARBARA STREISAND Make No Mistake He's Mine / Clear Sailing USD $7.50 Buy It Now 19h 4m
KEN DODD . THE SAME MISTAKES / CALL ME MISTER SUNSHINE 1967 . Excellent USD $6.23 [0 bids]
CULTURE CLUB Mistake No. 3 7" Vinyl 45 Demo USD $3.00 Buy It Now 20h 8m
SHERYL CROW The Globe Sessions Used CD my favorite mistake, anything but down USD $3.50 Buy It Now 20h 54m
WEDDING PRESENT ANYONE CAN MAKE A MISTAKE RECEPTION REC 006/12 TEST PRESSING 12" USD $19.51 [8 bids]
MADNESS-ONES TEP BEYOND/MISTAKES-RARE ORIGINAL UK PS 7" 45rpm 1979-SKA!SKA!SKA! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 13m
Rod Lunn : Same Mistake CD (2009) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 21h 52m
Stealing Heather Your Mistake CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Marva Whitney 45 rpm Record "I Made a Mistake Because It's Only You" Pt.1 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Sheryl Crow - 2xCD Bundle - My Favourite Mistake (1998) CD1&2 USD $4.29 [0 bids]
The Typos (Make No Mistake Were) The Typos CD USD $4.40 Buy It Now 22h 11m
MADNESS (PS/45 rpm) One Step Beyond/Mistakes (Stiff Records/BUY 56) (1979) USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Sheryl Crow - 2xCD Bundle - My Favourite Mistake & Sweet Child O' Mine + Poster USD $4.60 [0 bids]
BEN LIGHT mistakes / perfidia NEW OLD STOCK 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 22h 16m
Wailers/Jackie & Doreen "I Made A Mistake" Reggae 45 Coxsone mp3 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
MOBY - MISTAKE - 2xCD SET incl.RADIO EDIT + DJ CLUB PROMO REMIXES AMBIENT RARE USD $24.90 Buy It Now 22h 33m
And the Hero Fails Mistake That Cost the World CD USD $4.98 Buy It Now 22h 34m
Eminence - The God Of All Mistakes Braz. Thrash USD $8.99 Buy It Now 22h 42m
Animals On Wheels - Designs & Mistakes [CD New] USD $13.08 Buy It Now 23h 2m
Failure to Excel Mistakes of a Pride Driven Heart CD USD $4.05 Buy It Now 23h 26m
Unknown Artist Children of Our Mistakes CD USD $3.35 Buy It Now 23h 40m
Ken Maffeo Beautiful Mistakes CD USD $3.91 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Beautiful Mistake by Beautiful Mistake USD $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
My Favorite Mistake by Crow, Sheryl USD $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ROYALETTES ~ IT'S A BIG MISTAKE ~ I WANT TO MEET HIM ~ UK MGM DEMO 7" 1966 USD $31.21 Buy It Now 1 day
The Knack-Pay the Devil +Lil' Cals Big Mistake orig 45+jukebox strip 1981 USD $6.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Big Mistake Factory EP MUSIC CD USD $8.22 Buy It Now 1 day
VG++ BARBARA FAIRCHILD KID STUFF/MAKE NO MISTAKES 1972 45 RPM COLUMBIA 4-45903 USD $3.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Harley MIstakes Were Made Live Digipak CD MINT!!!! USD $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Country 45 - Dick Williams - I Made A Million Mistakes - RCA # 6384 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ My Mistake 7" 45 rpm vinyl record + juke box title strip USD $3.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Jellyfish "New Mistake" Japan CD w/OBI USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MISTAKES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"