THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

Lye By Mistake-Fea Jur CD NEW USD $12.78 Buy It Now
LP : Gruppo Sportivo - 10 Mistakes (1978 original) USD $3.77 [0 bids]
THE KINGBEES "MY MISTAKE" ON THE RSO LABEL 1980 USD $1.51 [0 bids]
Big Mistake "Big Ego" Green 7" Vinyl (hardcore/ska) USD $1.00 [1 bids]
45RPM The Knack Pay The Devil/Lil Cals Big Mistake Capitol A-5054 0909E USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h
Blues Ruth Brown 78 "Am I Making The Same Mistake Again?/Teardrops From My Eyes" USD $11.00 [0 bids]
Soul Crossover 45 Johnny Williams Be Mine/Made A Mistake Bashie 16694 USD $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
CHARLES BEVERLY: Don't Make Me Pay For His Mistakes 45 Soul USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 50m
SHERYL CROW cassette tape pop single (digi pack) MY FAVOURITE MISTAKE cat5827614 USD $3.76 Buy It Now 5h 50m
AURORA The Day It Rained Forever UK CD single 2002 Your Mistake / In My Skin USD $2.50 Buy It Now 5h 52m
THE SISTERS OF MERCY-SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE CD 1992 GOTH ROCK/JOY DIVISION USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Barbra Steisand & Kim Carnes MAKE NO MISTAKE, HE'S MINE NM 45 in Picture Sleeve USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 2m
The Montanas Run To Me / You're Making A Big Mistake 45 rpm Independence Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 10m
THE BRAVERY - Live (Honest Mistake) - 7" Vinyl Single *Picture Cover* USD $1.56 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Split Enz-My Mistake plus Crosswords -Free UK Post USD $10.06 Buy It Now 6h 56m
WOOFING COOKIES Such A Mistake/Girl From Japan 7" 1984 NYC power pop EX HEAR IT USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
GARTEH GATES Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) CD USD $3.21 Buy It Now 8h 14m
ROYALETTES: It's A Big Mistake 45 (dj) Soul USD $18.00 Buy It Now 8h 19m
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake 3 Track CD USD $3.21 Buy It Now 8h 39m
THE BRAVERY A Honest Mistake 3 Track CD USD $3.21 Buy It Now 8h 39m
THE BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD USD $3.21 Buy It Now 8h 39m
THE BRAVERY An Honest Mistake DVD USD $5.34 Buy It Now 8h 39m
AMUSEMENT PARKS ON FIRE Yesterdays Mistakes CD USD $16.03 Buy It Now 8h 51m
(EY383) Gareth Gates, Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake) - 2002 CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 9h 21m
(EY391) The Bravery, An Honest Mistake - 2005 CD USD $3.75 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Split Enz "My Mistake" Great Oz 7" USD $4.57 Buy It Now 9h 27m
(CK494) Sheryl Crow, My Favorite Mistake - 1998 DJ CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 9h 29m
78 RPM 2 Record Lot Bluebird RCA Eddy Arnold I Walk Alone Be Sure No Mistake USD $29.95 Buy It Now 9h 30m
78 RPM Record RCA Eddy Arnold Be Sure No Mistake What Is LIfe Without Love USD $19.95 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Rare: Chuck Berry 45: Brenda Lee B/W Brenda Lee (Label is a mistake) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
Victory Within Paying for Yesterdays Mistakes CD USD $7.94 Buy It Now 11h 2m
1981 NM Wax Lacy J Dalton Takin It Easy 25AP 2102 Japan Everybody Makes Mistakes USD $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Good Mistakes ACE CD USD $46.74 Buy It Now 11h 20m
12" VERY RARE LP MISTAKES BY GRUPPO SPORTIVO (1978) SIRE SRK 6066 WITH 7 INCH EP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Lisa Morales Beautiful Mistake CD USD $9.74 Buy It Now 11h 38m
Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake James Figurine CD USD $41.43 Buy It Now 11h 40m
The Sisters of Mercy: Some Girls Wander by Mistake cd USD $8.18 Buy It Now 11h 58m
ANDREW TIBBS: Stone Hearted Woman / I Made A Mistake 45 Soul USD $15.00 Buy It Now 12h 24m
Happy Mistakes - Heffron Drive (2014, CD New) 859713103801 USD $13.14 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Make No Mistake Audio CD USD $29.50 Buy It Now 13h 2m
The ALMOST - Mistakes T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY USD $22.84 Buy It Now 13h 8m
The ALMOST - Mistakes T-shirt - NEW - SMALL ONLY USD $22.84 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Heffron Drive - Happy Mistakes [CD New] USD $10.09 Buy It Now 13h 55m
Happy Mistakes - Heffron Drive (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.45 Buy It Now 13h 59m
What Doesn't Kill Me Make a Big Mistake Gross Grolland CD USD $45.82 Buy It Now 14h 8m
ENCHANTERS: We Make Mistakes / The Decision 45 Vocal Groups USD $40.00 Buy It Now 14h 28m
Same Mistakes Audio CD USD $10.14 Buy It Now 14h 32m
Flowers Of Romance - Brilliant Mistakes KOREA CD *SEALED* USD $16.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
LEE WILLIAMS AND THE CYMBALS - GET IT TOGETHER / I CAN MAKE MISTAKES TOO. USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Gary Lewis & The Playboys - She's Just My Style / I Won't Make That Mistake USD $1.99 Buy It Now 17h 5m
JEB JOY NICHOLS That's All I Want/My Mistake Rare 2 Track CD! USD $2.50 Buy It Now 17h 30m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA - Big Mistake (UK 4 Tk Enh CD Single Pt 1) USD $3.51 Buy It Now 18h 11m
THE VALLEY_Burning At The Mistake_used CD_ships from AUS!_C5 USD $9.14 Buy It Now 19h 5m
Infadels - Make Mistakes 3 Track CD Single USD $6.05 Buy It Now 19h 20m
SEALED CD THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE LIGHT A MATCH I DESERVE TO SEE ALL MUSIC LISTED USD $3.00 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Robocop Kraus-Blunders And Mistakes VINYL LP NEW USD $25.68 Buy It Now 21h 11m
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake - Excellent Condition 7" Single Epic A 3475 USD $5.02 Buy It Now 21h 22m
Cartel - The Perfect Mistake - Radio Promo CD Single - 1210 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 23h
Goodman, Dickie - Energy Crisis '74/The Mistake (45,1974) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 23h 7m
CULTURE CLUB BOY GEORGE mistake no. 3 *RARE Limited 1984 PHILIPPINES 7" DJ VINYL USD $149.00 Buy It Now 23h 12m
Big Mistake - Just A Taste - 1991 Community Chest 7 Inch Vinyl Record NEW USD $2.99 Buy It Now 23h 30m
The Beautiful Mistake : Light a Match, for I Deserve T CD (2002)***NEW*** USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Funk/Soul -Ted Taylor - Paying For My Love Mistakes - Alarm Records USD $10.06 [0 bids]
RICK RAYLE I MADE A MISTAKE / GET IT OFF YOUR MIND WLP 45 HICKORY RECORDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jellyfish / New Mistake [CDS 1993] 10trk Japan Only USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK - It's A Mistake / Shintaro - 1983 NEAR MINT- Canada 45 USD $2.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob Delevante - Columbus & The Colossal Mistake [CD New] USD $22.10 Buy It Now 1 day
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia) NEW USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STEPHANIE MCINTOSH - MISTAKE - UK CD SINGLE USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Columbus & The Colossal Mistake - Bob Delevante (2006, CD New) USD $23.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Giant Haystacks "Blunt Instrument" Mistake Records #4 12" Lp USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Grease Band: Tracklist: My Baby Left Me. Mistake No Doubt.Let It Be Gone. W USD $17.23 Buy It Now 1 day
The Beautiful Mistake : This Is Who You Are [Us Import] CD (2004)***NEW*** USD $4.06 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bravery - An honest mistake RED VINYL 7" USD $6.27 Buy It Now 1 day
LARRY GATLIN ALMOST CALLED HER BABY BY MISTAKE & SOMETHIN LIKE EACH OTHERS ARMS USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1 day
More Than A Movie - Mistakes [CD New] USD $7.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Sonic Avenues Mistakes LP Ltd clear vinyl Dirtnap Exploding Hearts Spits USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MARVA WHITNEY--I MADE A MISTAKE BECAUSE IT'S ONLY YOU PTS.1 & 2--KING 45-6268 USD $9.99 [1 bids]
DIANA ROSS & MARVIN GAYE * MY MISTAKE & INCLUDE ME IN YOUR LIFE * 45 RPM USD $2.25 Buy It Now 1 day
EXPERIENCE THE Group plays PINK FLOYD (with major Mistake on cover!!) Obscure LP USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Globe Sessions by Sheryl Crow [My Favorite Mistake] (CD, 1998, A USD $3.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Phil Collins - Against All Odds / Making A Big Mistake - Vinyl - Virgin 1984 USD $11.31 [0 bids]
THE SISTERS OF MERCY:SOME GIRLS WANDER BY MISTAKE (1992) Merciful Release CD-NEW USD $3.76 [0 bids]
SHERYL CROW - THE VERY BEST OF + MY FAVORITE MISTAKE 2 X CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 1 day
HITCHHIKERS YOU'RE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE ABC 12248 PROMO M- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ronnie Milsap & Kenny Rogers - Make No Mistake She's Mine 45 1987 VG / VG+ USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Some Girls Wander By Mistake New CD USD $11.66 Buy It Now 1 day
(FT864) Infadels, Make Mistakes - 2008 DJ CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 1 day
LONE RANGER - ROSE MARIE / CARLTON LIVINGSTONE - YOU MAKE YOUR MISTAKE 12" DH813 USD $6.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Every Machine Makes A Mistake: A Tribute To Radioh (2011, CD New) USD $15.17 Buy It Now 1 day
(FZ889) Stephanie Mcintosh, Mistake - 2007 DJ CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Country Unplayed 45 Steve Wariner - If I Didn'T Love You / The Same Mistake Agai USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
James Blunt NEW Sealed DVD+CD GiftPack "All the Lost Souls" ft 1973/Same Mistake USD $4.86 Buy It Now 1 day
(GM926) Jeb Loy Nichols, My Mistake - 2015 DJ CD USD $3.76 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bravery-An honest mistake-2005 cd single USD $1.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MEN AT WORK - IT'S A MISTAKE / SHINTARO - PS - VINYL 7" SINGLE 45 E USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Every Machine Makes A Mistake: A Tribute To Radioh [CD New] USD $12.86 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"