THE MISTAKES

The Mistakes

The Mistakes The Mistakes album cover

Buy THE MISTAKES Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head (5:05)
2. Aye-Aye Monster (6:15)
3. Haiku Andy (0:30)
4. Island of Lost Luggage (4:40)
5. Nests (1:57)
6. Career Politicians (7:54)
7. Haiku Henry (0:43)
8. Ennui (prelude) (1:29)
9. Transmogrification of Chili (ennui) (3:02)
10. Warm Papaya (3:58)
11. Shoko (0:43)
12. Waiting on Williams (8:24)
13. Hai kuneally (0:40)
14. Hot Cakes or Abbatoir? (2:39)
15. A Plethora Of Pinatas (1:04)
16. Assembly Language (4:30)
17. Sirenita The Greek (2:32)
18. Baby Blues (7:04)
19. Prince Poem (0:41)
20. The Mistakes vs. Dropped D (9:26)

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes lyrics

Search THE MISTAKES The Mistakes tabs

- Mike Keneally / guitars & keyboards
- Henry Kaiser / guitars
- Andy West / bass
- Prairie Prince / drums

CD Immune Records

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

THE MISTAKES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MISTAKES The Mistakes Music

The MistakesThe Mistakes
Immune Records 1996
STORM QUEEN Let's Make Mistakes 12" NEW VINYL Environ Morgan Geist Metro Area USD $15.99 Buy It Now 33m 47s
PROMO The Royalettes It's a Big Mistake / It's Better not to Know 1966 45rpm VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 36m 36s
Ray Parker Jr & Raydio Everybody Makes Mistakes / Two Places 7" 45 rpm Arista NM USD $3.25 Buy It Now 43m 51s
(CH930) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Same Mistake - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.13 Buy It Now 1h 8m
CULTURE CLUB Mistake No. 3 07VA-1012 EP wd7046 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
CULTURE CLUB Mistake No. 3 07VA-1012 EP wd7044 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Platters MY OLD FLAME / YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE SOUL-45 Mercury 71320X45 NM USD $3.50 Buy It Now 3h 35m
THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE This Is Who You Are CD 2004 Post Hardcore USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE - THIS IS WHO YOU ARE - CD, 2004 - CUTOUT / BROKEN CASE USD $5.81 Buy It Now 4h 4m
MEN AT WORK "IT'S A MISTAKE / SHINTARO" 45w/PS MINT USD $3.75 Buy It Now 5h 51m
BEN LIGHT mistakes / perfidia NEW OLD STOCK 45 USD $1.89 Buy It Now 5h 52m
5 Red Caps "I Made a Great Mistake/I'm The One" 78rpm 10" Single USD $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Learning By Mistake - Amazing Circus Midgets (CD, 1999) Punk Rock Metal Rare OOP USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Barbra Streisand & Kim Carnes, Make No Mistake He's Mine ~ 1984 Columbia 45+PS USD $3.77 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Victory Within - Paying for Yesterday's Mistakes - 2005 Whiskey Records USD $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Sheryl Crow My Favourite Mistake Australian CD single (1998) USD $3.79 Buy It Now 9h 37m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO 10 MISTAKES CASSETTE USD $9.43 Buy It Now 9h 42m
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA_Big Mistake_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA USD $7.65 Buy It Now 10h
BARBRA STREISAND & KIM CARNES - MAKE NO MISTAKE, HE'S MINE - 7"45 RECORD 1984 USD $3.74 Buy It Now 11h 17m
the mistakes radiation 1981 uk twist & shout label newave punk vinyl 7 inch 45 USD $42.49 Buy It Now 11h 28m
*LISTEN - POPCORN - NORTHERN SOUL - ACE KENNEDY - I MADE A MISTAKE - BUCK DANCIN USD $90.00 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Teitur - All My Mistakes NEW CD ALBUM USD $15.33 Buy It Now 12h 18m
The Last Shadow Puppets (Arctic Monkeys) - My Mistakes Were... - Scarce promo CD USD $7.86 Buy It Now 12h 30m
The Last Shadow Puppets (Arctic Monkeys) - My Mistakes Were Made... - Promo CD USD $7.86 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Stephanie Mcintosh Mistake CD Promo Single USD $4.71 Buy It Now 12h 48m
PHIL COLLINS-Against All Odds/MIKE RUTHERFORD-Making A Big Mistake UK 7" EX Cond USD $4.71 Buy It Now 13h
NUMBER ONE GUN_celebrate mistakes_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! USD $7.65 Buy It Now 13h 27m
This Is Who You Are, The Beautiful Mistake, Very Good USD $3.50 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Sheryl Crow My favourite mistake Euro Promo Digipack USD $25.99 Buy It Now 14h 7m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO 10 Mistakes LP 10 Track With Insert Sleeve Has Sticker Tear UK USD $9.90 Buy It Now 14h 12m
Gary Lewis And The Playboys-RARE Mistake Early Issue-Vinyl LP-Gatefold #LST-7468 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Sheryl Crow CD single (CD5 / 5") My Favorite Mistake - Digipak UK 582761-2 A USD $18.88 Buy It Now 14h 47m
Bravery An Honest Mistake - Red Vinyl UK 7" vinyl single record 9880264 USD $11.24 Buy It Now 15h 5m
INK SPOTS 78 we'll meet again / my greatest mistake USD $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
JAZZ 78 wild bill davis ORGAN make no mistake /things aint what they used to be USD $11.84 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Keith Richards Make No Mistake 7" vinyl single record USA 7-99240 VIRGIN 1988 USD $28.26 Buy It Now 15h 37m
GARY LEWIS and THE PLAYBOYS, She's Just My Style-I Won't Make That Mistake Again USD $10.95 Buy It Now 16h 17m
Sheryl Crow CD single (CD5 / 5") My Favourite Mistake UK 582763-2 A USD $14.94 Buy It Now 16h 22m
Dickie Goodman "Energy Crisis '74 / The Mistake" Rainy Wednesday 7" vinyl USD $9.46 Buy It Now 16h 33m
Natalie Imbruglia Big Mistake - Part 1 CD single (CD5 / 5") UK 74321566782 RCA USD $14.94 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Dean Martin I'll Gladly Make The Same Mistake Again UK 7" vinyl single record USD $15.65 Buy It Now 16h 51m
NUMBER ONE GUN - Celebrate Mistakes - Christian Music CCM - Rock Metal CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 58m
GRUPPO SPORTIVO - MISTAKES - SIRE 1978 SRK 6066 PROMO VINYL LP ALBUM -A USD $2.29 Buy It Now 17h 35m
BAD BUSINESS s/t CD early-00's hardcore Grave Mistake Third Party USD $1.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
JAMES WARREN & THE KORGIS THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE 7" VINYL USD $7.07 Buy It Now 19h 36m
Teitur - All My Mistakes - CDAG25 USD $19.22 Buy It Now 19h 36m
Split Enz 'My Mistake / Crosswords - The Woman Who Loves You' 12" Single Record USD $3.94 Buy It Now 19h 39m
James Figurine - Mistake; Mistake; Mistake; Mis - PLG74CD USD $13.60 Buy It Now 19h 41m
JAMES BLUNT SOME MISTAKE RARE CD ARGENTINA PROMO USD $22.99 Buy It Now 20h 2m
SHERYL CROW cassette tape pop single (digi pack) MY FAVOURITE MISTAKE cat5827614 USD $4.71 Buy It Now 20h 30m
Gruppo Sportivo - More Mistakes - Rare 2x7" single Sire Punk New Wave USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Big Mistake - Just A Taste - 1991 Community Chest 7 Inch Vinyl Record NEW USD $2.99 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Your Beautiful Mistake USD $8.51 Buy It Now 21h 38m
PABLO GAD - BEST OFF LP(CRISIS - SAD MISTAKE - GUN FEVER) USD $20.45 Buy It Now 22h 12m
Failures Mistakes & Music - Mark Miller (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.96 Buy It Now 22h 12m
PATTY SMYTH of scandal CD Don Henley SOMETIMES LOVE JUST AINT ENOUGH no mistakes USD $10.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Infadels - Make mistakes UK 7" USD $6.28 Buy It Now 22h 25m
7" 45 rpm - RONNIE MILSAP - MAKE NO MISTAKE SHE'S MINE/YOU'RE MY LOVE - jukebox USD $2.99 Buy It Now 22h 40m
This Is Who You Are by The Beautiful Mistake (CD, Apr-2004, The Militia Group) USD $0.01 [0 bids]
29/4/89Pgn27 Advert: Keith Richards 'make No Mistake' Single On Virgin 7x11" USD $11.01 Buy It Now 22h 58m
AMADEUS - LOVE AND OTHER MISTAKES CD 14 TRACKS NEW+ +++++++++ USD $20.99 Buy It Now 23h 5m
Natalie Imbruglia - Left Of The Middle CD Torn Big Mistake USD $1.56 Buy It Now 23h 24m
This Is Who You Are - Beautiful Mistake (2011, CD New) USD $10.75 Buy It Now 23h 53m
David Frye I Am The President And Make No Mistake About That LP Vinyl Record USD $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
(CI48) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Same Mistake - 2011 DJ CD USD $3.13 Buy It Now 1 day
(CY363) Sheryl Crow, My Favourite Mistake - 1998 DJ CD USD $4.71 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE THIS IS WHO YOU ARE CD 10 TRACKS USD $4.22 Buy It Now 1 day
GRUPPO SPORTIVO: Mistakes LP SIRE RECORDS SRK6066 US 1979 VG++ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Madness ~ Mistakes ~ US 45 Rare Stock Copy/Non-Lp Flip USD $9.99 [0 bids]
MEN AT WORK It's a Mistake / Shintaro 7" Vinyl 45 w/ps Import USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Happy Mistake - Raphael Gualazzi (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Scandal PATTY SMYTH No Mistakes w/ Drive you UNRELEASED TRK UK 7 Inch vinyl 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kingbees - Kingbees (RSO 3075) (with Jamie James) ('80) (with "My Mistake") USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES BLUNT Same Mistake 1 Track Promo CD Single 2007 USD $7.86 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB DYLAN 1979 ERROR PRESS MISTAKE RECORD SLOW TRAIN MINT PS SCARCE USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Brilliant Mistakes ~ DUMB LUCK ~ Like New condition CD with booklet NYC band USD $2.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Caramel by Caramel (CD, May-1998, Geffen) Lucy, Mother Nature's Mistakes OOP USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GEORGE MORGAN I'D LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST MISTAKE 7" 45 RPM RARE PROMO COUNTRY USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RUMBLE IN RHODOS - THE WEIGHT OF THE MISTAKE - MKR003CD USD $14.22 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 1 Track Radio Edit Promo In Special Sleeve EUROPEA USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
COMPULSION Mall Monarchy CD 4 Track B/w A Little Mistake, Galvanised And F Byron USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 1 Track Radio Edit Promo With Info Stickered Case USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
CLEAR Johnny Marr Was A Mistake CD 3 Track B/w Cigarettes And Spies And They EU USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
BRAVERY An Honest Mistake CD 2 Track B/w Hey Sunshiney Day EUROPEAN Polydor 200 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
CANTINERO Beautiful Mistakes CD 2 Track B/w Nice Day UK Ryko 2004 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 1 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit With Info Stickre USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 3 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit B/w Need A Dub An USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID MORALES Needin' U CD 1 Track Original Mistake Radio Edit UK Manifesto 199 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
INFADELS Make Mistakes CD 4 Track Radio Edit Promo In Card Sleeve B/w Remix, Rem USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
INFADELS Make Mistakes CD 4 Track Radio Edit Promo With Info Stickered Card Slee USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
ISLAND Way I'm Feeling Now CD 3 Track B/w I Still Believe And Same Mistakes EUR USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
LAST SHADOW PUPPETS My Mistakes Were Made For You CD One Track Promo UK Domino USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
KEISHA WHITE Don't Mistake Me CD 1 Track Promo In Special Sleeve EUROPEAN Korov USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
KEISHA WHITE Don't Mistake Me CD 2 Track Radio Mix B/w Soul Seekerz Radio Mix E USD $9.43 Buy It Now 1 day
MC LYTE I Can't Make A Mistake CD 3 Track Radio Edit B/w Instrumental, Acappella USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
MC LYTE I Can't Make A Mistake CD 3 Track Radio Edit With Info Stickered Case B/ USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Big Mistake CD 3 Track Part 1 B/w Something Better And Torn USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NATALIE IMBRUGLIA Wishing I Was There CD 3 Track Part 1 Of 2 B/w Big Mistake Liv USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NUMBER ONE GUN Celebrate Mistakes CD 11 Track EUROPEAN Floodgate 2003 USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW My Favorite Mistake CD 1 Track Promo In Special Digi Pack UK A USD $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
0 result found for "THE MISTAKES"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy THE MISTAKES music online Buy THE MISTAKES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MISTAKES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes ratings distribution

THE MISTAKES The Mistakes reviews

Review by MikeEnRegalia
4 stars If you enjoy early Mike Keneally albums like hat., Sluggo! or Boil That Dust Speck, you'll probably love this album. It is not a pure MK album though, Henry Kaiser adds tons of interesting ideas. Some of the stuff is pretty inaccessible for people not used to Jazz improvisation or atonal Avant-Prog though.

About half of the album tracks are short bits of less than one minute ... I'll just comment on the longer tracks. But these bits are not just interludes ... sometimes they contain motifs which are explored in the longer tracks, sometimes they are funny outtake-like clips.

Put The Bass In The Middle Of My Head: This is a cool improvised track without vocals which dwells on a basic rhythm while bass and the two guitars just go crazy.

Aye-Aye Monster: A pretty normal song ... quite harmonic, with interesting vocal arrangements. It flows nicely and the vibe is reminiscent of bands like Blues Traveller. But during 2 minutes in the middle of this 6 minute song they go freestyle and play around with the song structures in a very "Avant" way.

Island of Lost Luggage: One of my favorite songs on the album, pretty much everything is improvised, based on a single key melody.

Career Politicians: A really weird song. Mike Keneally has a way of creating really odd harmonic "situations" ... there are only so many chords and only 12 different notes, and you would think that most chords have been done many times before, but somehow Keneally manages to create really unique sounding structures.

Transmogrification of Chili (ennui): This song is pretty normal, a rock song with funky guitars, although Keneally's vocals are nearly as weird as in the preceding song.

Warm Papaya: This songs basically consists of pretty cool guitar improvisations which are reminiscent of King Crimson. Drums and Bass are very reduced, one of the few calm and mellow songs on the album.

Waiting on Williams: This is really funny to listen to. Keneally plays some country-rock riffs and varies and twists them a little bit, and the band joins in. The song builds up steadily for about 3 minutes, then MK plays a nice Zappa-esque solo, followed by a solo by Kaiser which is easily on par. After that they play together for a while in a bluesy call-response scheme.

Assembly Language: Another weird song like Career Politicians, very much Keneally. It features a really crazy MK solo.

Sirenita The Greek: This is a short track with many amazing moments ... one of the highlights of the album for me. All the instruments and the vocals just go crazy.

Baby Blues: how cute ... the song begins with some baby voice samples which "sing" blues vocals and are doubled by MK's wah-wah guitar. Then the band joins in, playing a really mellow slow blues. Kaiser plays a blues solo, the baby vocals go on and MK plays variations of them.

The Mistakes vs. Dropped: The longest song on the album - 9 1/2 minutes of improvisation. The song pretty much summarizes the album.

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars The Mistakes? I think it wasn't a mistake. It's just too bad that these guys only got together to make one album.

Mostly, this album sounds like a Mike Keneally driven project. Most of the songs sound more like work from his albums than any of the other band members. They are inventive, guitar driven experimental rock, with Keneally, flair for humor. The next most obvious feature is Henry Kaiser's bizarre, but beautiful guitar work. He also seems to push Keneally's always great playing to it's boundaries.

The best comparison I can make is to Captain Beefheart's later, jazzier angular work. It's not exactly the same, but there are many similarities in the compositional style.

While all the songs are great, the standout tracks to me are Career Politicians, where Keneally seems to be comparing our entrenched electees to pirates, Waiting On Williams, an improvement by this group on the already great version included in The Tar Tapes, Vol. 1, and Baby Blues, and eerie piece based around a loop of Keneally's baby, Jesse. For an excellent example of that style, look for Scott Johnson's John Somebody album, it will blow your mind.

My only complaint is that while Andy West's playing is good on this album, he just doesn't break loose like he would at Dixie Dregs concerts, or occasionally on their albums (listen to Odyssey for an example.

Post a review of THE MISTAKES "The Mistakes"