YOUNG LIONS

Adrian Belew Young Lions album cover

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. Young lions (3:42)
2. Pretty pink rose (4:43)
3. Heartbeat (3:59)
4. Ooking for a u.f.o (3:36)
5. I am what i am (4:11)
6. Not alone anymore (3:13)
7. Men In helicopters (3:17)
8. Small world (3:45)
9. Phone call from the moon (3:38)
10. Gunman (3:51)

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions lyrics

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions tabs

- Adrian Belew / instruments and vocals
- Mike Barnett / string bass (9)
- David Bowie / vocals (2,10)
- Van Kampen (Willem Van Kruysdijk, Mies Wilbrink, Dree Van Beeck, Elen Gieles) / percussion ensemble (1)
- The Prophet Omega / voice (5)

Released by Atlantic

Thanks to Cygnus X-2 for the addition
and to Joren for the last updates

ADRIAN BELEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions Music

Lone Rhino/Twang Bar KingLone Rhino/Twang Bar King
Remastered · Import
BGO Records 2005
Lone RhinoLone Rhino
Import · Limited Edition
Universal Japan 2007
Twang Bar King (mlps)Twang Bar King (mlps)
Import · Limited Edition
Universal Japan 2007
Coming AttractionsComing Attractions
Thirsty Ear 2000
Side OneSide One
Sanctuary Records 2005
ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions CD 1990 RARE 1990 US $13.98 Buy It Now 3h 10m
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhinoceros/Big Electric Cat UK 10" US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Adrian BELEW Desire Caught 1st Ed JAPAN Mini LP CD OBI UICY-9239 Beware Fakes! US $31.44 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Here Adrian Belew King Crimson CD Robert Fripp US $23.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
ADRIAN BELEW-Young Lions-KING CRIMSON-The Bears-DAVID BOWIE/"PEAS"Guitar ROCK/ss US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 59m
ADRIAN BELEW - Lone Rhino LP '82 Island shrink US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
ADRIAN BELEW - SIDE ONE NEW CD US $19.34 Buy It Now 5h 32m
2xLP FRANK ZAPPA "SHEIK YERBOUTI" on ZAPPA RECORDS (1979) ADRIAN BELEW US $15.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Adrian Belew Side One CD US $12.10 Buy It Now 8h 30m
KING CRIMSON Thrak CD Robert Fripp Trey Gunn Adrian Belew Progressive Metal US $4.00 [0 bids]
PORCUPINE TREE Deadwing CD Progressive Metal Opeth Steven Wilson Adrian Belew US $4.00 [1 bids]
1 CENT CD: Adrian Belew 'Never Enough' ex King Crimson RARE 4-song PROMO EP 1994 US $0.01 [1 bids]
Adrian Belew - Desire Caught By The Tail Vinyl LP-Island 90551-1-EX-King Crimson US $4.95 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino PROMO 1982 (ISLAND KING CRIMSON Lp US $8.26 [0 bids]
JERRY HARRISON Walk on Water CD Talking Heads Adrian Belew Bernie Worrell US $3.99 Buy It Now 21h 40m
ADRIAN BELEW - MR. MUSIC HEAD LP (1989) - ATLANTIC - 81959-1 - EXCELLENT US $6.00 [0 bids]
prog ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King 1983 ISLAND LP M- King Crimson Frank Zappa US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino CD MINI LP US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King LP NM- Island US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW 'Op Zop + 5' Rare unplayed Rock CD PROMO ONLY 1996 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew ?- Lone Rhino - Island Vinyl LP - 1982 - NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
Side One [Digipak] by Adrian Belew (CD, Jan-2005, Sanctuary (USA)) US $8.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Here Japan CD NEW 94 King Crimson David Bowie Zappa Nine Inch Nails US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KING CRIMSON Beat 1982 VG++ Adrian Belew Robert Fripp US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew "Twang Bar King" LP Island Records 90108-1 Gatefold FREE SHIP Blues US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
King Crimson ADRIAN BELEW Never Enough w/ 3 UNRELEASE TRX PROMO dj CD Single US $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW RECORD ALBUM DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL 90551-1*GREAT SHAPE* (R424) US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW - MR. MUSIC HEAD -CD-MINT US $3.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew YOUNG LIONS CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEARS RISE AND SHINE POWER POP ADRIAN BELEW KING CRIMSON PRIMITIVE MAN US $4.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew YOUNG LIONS CD 1990 US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
New shrink rapped Acoustic Adrian Belew, The by Adrian Belew CD first pressing US $60.00 [0 bids]
GARLAND JEFFREYS Escape Artist cassette tape 1981 Lou Reed & Adrian Belew US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ULTRA VIOLET - Another Victim LP SEALED Adrian Belew US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW - Mr Music Head JAPAN Import (2-CD LOT) Young Lions ex-King Crimson US $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW - YOUNG LIONS CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Coming Attractions - Adrian Belew (2000, CD New) US $11.78 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW USA 1990 CD Young Lions DiscMINT US $12.58 Buy It Now 3 days
ADRIAN BELEW - COMING ATTRACTIONS NEW CD US $22.80 Buy It Now 3 days
Sun Domingo - Songs For End Times (CD 2011)-Adrian Belew/Marillion/Bruce Soord US $1.66 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Mr Music Head vinyl LP UK 1st 1989 EX+ King Crimson US $6.70 [0 bids]
JARS OF CLAY FLOOD /SINKING ADRIAN BELEW SILVERTONE USA CASSETTE SINGLE MC US $20.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Adrian Belew King Crimson - Side One - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! Digipak US $7.17 Buy It Now 3 days
Here by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Young Lions/Pretty Pink Rose by Adrian Belew CD 2008 Wounded Bird KING CRIMSON US $9.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino LP Island 1982 w/ Inner Sleeve ART ROCK King Crimson US $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Mr. Music Head by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1989, Atlantic (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Inner Revolution by Adrian Belew (CD, Jan-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew - Side One (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Pretty Pink Rose [EP] by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic) US $1.99 [0 bids]
PAUL SIMON(of And Garfunkel)Linda Ronstadt-LOS LOBOS-Adrian Belew-EVERLY BROS. US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
1 CENT CD: Rick Altizer with Adrian Belew 'Blue Plate Special' SEALED US $0.01 [0 bids]
RARE DAVID BOWIE LIVE IN JAPAN CD MAY 15 1990 ADRIAN BELEW GUITAR ITALY RELEASE US $24.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - INNER REVOLUTION CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - Young Lions LP - W/David Bowie N/Mint Vinyl US $14.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew cd 5041 US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL JAPAN CD 3500yen US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew - Twang Bar King - Gatefold LP Record/Vinyl Island Rec. 7 90108-1 US $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew - Lone Rhino LP GREEK PRESSING US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PAUL SIMON-Rhythm Of The Saints-ADRIAN BELEW-Uakti/Africa/HUGH MASEKELA-J.Cale US $8.49 Buy It Now 5 days
DC TALK-Solo/SPECIAL EDITION/King Crimson/MICHAEL TAIT-Adrian Belew-TONY LEVIN US $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew - Desire Caught By The Tail - LP Record/Vinyl, Island Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE ELVIS BROTHERS SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE / CROSSWINDS 1985 7" 45 ADRIAN BELEW US $29.99 [0 bids]
King Crimson Starless And Bible Black Remastered Robert Fripp Adrian Belew HDCD US $11.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL LP 503 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew - Mr. Music Head LP GERMANY 1989 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew (King Crimson / The Bears) ~ Op Zop Too Wah cd Passenger 1996 MINT US $16.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ADRIAN BELEW LONE RHINO LP 503 US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ADRIAN BELEW LONE RHINO ROCK MUSIC RECORD LP KING CRIMSON US $4.99 [0 bids]
AUDIO CASSETTE ADRIAN BELEW INNER REVOLUTION /PROGRESSIVE ROCK/GUITAR/ZAPPA US $1.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Pretty Pink Rose CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Inner Revolution by Adrian Belew/new cd/King Crimson US $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Salad Days, Adrian Belew, US $10.94 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BOWIE "Stage" 2 LP set Adrian Belew Carlos record US $18.71 Buy It Now 6 days
ADRIAN BELEW "Twang Bar King" Cassette Tape Used US $3.59 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew The Lone Rhinoceros 10" 45rpm UK import NM King Crimson in shrink US $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Adrian Belew - Pretty Pink Rose US CD EP 4 trx EX 2 non-LP trx Neptune Rock +1 D US $2.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - Side Two - CD US $16.61 Buy It Now 7 days
ADRIAN BELEW TWANG BAR KING VG+ HEAR IT US $11.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions vinyl LP US 1st 1990 EX+ King Crimson David Bowie US $6.70 [0 bids]
LAURIE ANDERSON Home Of The Brave LP OOP mid-80's Adrian Belew avant-garde US $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Adrian Belew LONE RHINO CD MINI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ADRIAN BELEW - COMING ATTRACTIONS - NEW CD US $14.94 Buy It Now 7 days
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail LP Record US $3.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DAVID BOWIE publicity photo #2 w/ Adrian Belew US $6.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Pretty Pink Rose [EP] by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic) US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
ADRIAN BELEW Not Alone Anymore 1990 PROMO CD US $6.95 Buy It Now 8 days
VINYL LP The Bears - Rise And Shine / Adrian Belew / w/ insert US $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Bears - Adrian Belew TRUST (Mix 106) Promo Vinyl 7" Single [1987] NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
King Crimson ADRIAN BELEW Oh Daddy PROMO DJ CD single US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Mr. Music Head, Adrian Belew, Good US $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label) Like New US Seller US $3.19 Buy It Now 8 days
Side One [Digipak] by Adrian Belew (CD, Jan-2005, Sanctuary (USA)) US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Adrian belew lone Rhino King Crimson Talking Heads US $3.75 Buy It Now 9 days
KING CRIMSON-People-PROMO-Single-ADRIAN BELEW-Robert Fripp-TONY LEVIN-Virgin/Cd US $3.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Adrian Belew Lone Rhino Vinyl Album Vintage LP great cond! US $14.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LAURIE ANDERSON Mister Heartbreak LP Adrian Belew US $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Adrian Belew Desire Caught by the Tail vinyl LP EX 1986 King Crimson US $12.95 Buy It Now 9 days
ADRIAN BELEW "Desire Caught By The Tail" (CD 1986) 8-Tracks **GREAT SHAPE** OOP US $17.88 Buy It Now 9 days
KING CRIMSON Beat JAPAN MINI LP CD OBI PCCY-01429 HDCD Robert Fripp Adrian Belew US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy ADRIAN BELEW music online Buy ADRIAN BELEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADRIAN BELEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions ratings distribution

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I don't dare to say that this is a poor album even though I have tried to enjoy this album with many different angles. It's probably my preconception that Adrian Belew has been so powerful as the front man of legendary band King Crimson. I knew him for the first time when King Crimson reincarnated themselves with a new album "Discipline" after a long musical break. Some people even mentioned that the band was defunct. My only reason to purchase "Young Lions" couple years ago was that Mr. Belew's work with King Crimson. When I saw that "Heartbeat" (track 3) was featured I finally made a purchase decision and ordered it from the net. At first spin I did not believe what I was hearing - it was truly terrible record. The composition was too loose with no cohesiveness between one part to the other, and there is basically no melody that I can emulate. I did try it many times until I gave up and put it for a long time on my CD shelf. When I saw Adrian Belew was added into this page, my reaction was: "What?!". Give me a break! So, I did try (again?) to spin the CD last night and it still did not stir me up at all. I was totally confused if this kind of music is considered as prog. The music is a blend of glam rock (those like Marc Bolan and T Rex) and psychedelic composed in poppy style. I don't know whether I have given a clear picture about this album to you or not. I'm probably totally wrong with this opinion as I only heard this album. The other albums may be good ones. So, I decided to give this album with two stars rating, i.e. for "Collectors / fans only" as I want to respect those King Crimson aficionado. I've just remembered a friend of mine who collected any CD where any member of Deep Purple, any MARK, has ever contributed and he came up with 300 plus CDs! Put this thing in perspective, I don't want to say that this is poor as I leave it up to you. For those who love King Crimson like my friend loves Deep Purple, this album might be a worthwhile purchase. Unfortunately, you've just missed mine which I've just sold it (today) to Jl. Surabaya (CDs secondary market in my country) for five bucks. It's a good deal as with additional two bucks I got Hawkwind CD (digipak). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild mother Brown has lost her child, just another forgotten sons! - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#42009) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Adrian Belew's first album of the 90s would ultimately be his weakest in my opinion. While there a few really good songs, there are some others that just feel like they shouldn't have made the cut and others that feel plain and are somewhat boring. Despite that, you'll also find two collaborations with David Bowie on the album (two of the best songs on the album are the Bowie ones) and a reworking of the classic King Crimson song Heartbeat, that while not as great as the original, suffices enough and is probably of the same quality. Having said that, the inclusion of this song could also give a hint that Belew wasn't at his creative best at this point so he needed something to fill the void. Whatever it is, Young Lions is the blemish of Adrian Belew's career (in my opinion of course).

There are some good songs here, though. Pretty Pink Rose was the single release from this album, and the collaboration between Belew and Bowie is great and Bowie sounds fantastic on this song. With Heartbeat, you can expect a more stripped down version of the piece (since Belew doesn't have the abilities on drums or bass of Bill Bruford or Tony Levin), and a version that makes you ask why he re-recorded the song in the first place. There's nothing different about it structurally or musically. Men In Helicopters (which would get a face-lift on Side Three as Men in Helicopters v4.0) is another great piece that has a nice chord progression and some thoughtful, poignant lyrics from Belew. Gunman is the finale to the album and the second David Bowie collaboration. Again, Bowie sounds great on this track and Belew was able to write some really interesting backing music for the piece.

In the end, Young Lions is probably the album you'll want to get last in the Belew catalog. It has some decent pieces, and some great pieces, but there's an odd feeling I get when I listen to this album. I can't recommend it to anyone. I can recommend it to fans of Belew's solo material, as you'll probably find some nice things here and there. But for the general public, don't by any means use this album as an entry point into the solo career of Adrian Belew.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#110621) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 03, 2007

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
1 stars This isn't progressive rock- nothing here is. This Adrian Belew solo album consists of ten straightforward rock songs, most of which sound like bad ELO. Perhaps this is partially due to the fact that the album contains two covers, one of which is "Not Alone Anymore," originally by The Traveling Wilburys. The problem is, not only is this album devoid of any progressive elements, it's chock full of second-rate pop-rock. Unless one is looking to complete a Belew discography or simply likes simple rock, this one is best passed by.

"Young Lions" Probably the best song this weak record has to offer, the music itself seems like a cross between Jethro Tull and ELO, featuring good rhythm and a variety of sound. Belew's singing is good, as is his brief guitar solo.

"Pretty Pink Rose" Bowie wrote this upbeat song, and sang lead vocals on it. It's not bad, but it does sound like skating rink music.

"Heartbeat" This is a cover of the King Crimson song of the same name. It sounds almost like a typical pop track of 1980s.

"Looking for a U.F.O." This simply sounds like ELO from the 1980's with sock-hop like music. The lyrics express the idea that perhaps an extraterrestrial could visit earth to teach us how to "clean up our mess."

"I Am What I Am" This is something of an instrumental track in which Belew shows off his guitar work, both that with distortion and that without. The speaker is Nashville, Tennessee radio evangelist, Prophet Omega (whom Belew found out about through his friend Al Kooper), who broadcasted from his own apartment. Belew used his speeches in two other tracks on other albums.

"Not Alone Anymore" This is a cover of the song by The Traveling Wilburys; incidentally, it sounds like Jeff Lynne's most recent work as ELO, Zoom.

"Men in Helicopters" Yet another basic rock song, this one is upbeat and can be fun, but there isn't much substance to it. The lyrics are a ridiculous attempt at describing poetic justice regarding dolphin killers and poachers, and how, if there is a God, he should see how we treat the planet and "pull the plug on us" by snuffing out the sun. Yeah, because that'll help the animals.

"Small World" Tribal rhythms begin this one, which is full of ridiculous lyrics and consists of a quirky composition.

"Phone Call from the Moon" Starting with jazzy, R&B like sounds and the noise of a telephone dialing, this is a laid back track. Some of the lyrics are spoken as one half of a conversation. If I were pressed to compare it to anything, I would say this sounds like a weak track from The Police.

"Gunman" This is the song Bowie co-wrote with Belew. It's not really different from anything else from before, except the guitar work is a bit creative.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#193941) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 stars I think this is a really nice album. I like it a lot. Itīs obvious thatīs not a prog album, just pop songs. But it doesnīt mean that itīs bad. The opening track is great, and Bowie collaboration on the second and the closing tracks adds a little bit of glamour to the album. the King Crimson ... (read more)

Report this review (#100701) | Posted by Pieterland | Monday, November 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If one leans toward the murky or brutal sounds of Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and their ilk, this album is going to be difficult to appreciate. Anyone who loves the classic progressive rock bands who started off in the sixties and seventies (e.g., King Crimson, ELP, Yes, The Moody Blues) or got of ... (read more)

Report this review (#87548) | Posted by convocation | Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I have to agree with both rewievs. It's really hard to listen to this album more than once. It's boring, and in worse moments - irritating. It was published in 1990, and at this time things were getting better, generally, in rock music. But here it seems that we are deep in eighties. I accep ... (read more)

Report this review (#74492) | Posted by kajetan | Sunday, April 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADRIAN BELEW "Young Lions"