YOUNG LIONS

Adrian Belew Young Lions album cover

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. Young lions (3:42)
2. Pretty pink rose (4:43)
3. Heartbeat (3:59)
4. Ooking for a u.f.o (3:36)
5. I am what i am (4:11)
6. Not alone anymore (3:13)
7. Men In helicopters (3:17)
8. Small world (3:45)
9. Phone call from the moon (3:38)
10. Gunman (3:51)

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions lyrics

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions tabs

- Adrian Belew / instruments and vocals
- Mike Barnett / string bass (9)
- David Bowie / vocals (2,10)
- Van Kampen (Willem Van Kruysdijk, Mies Wilbrink, Dree Van Beeck, Elen Gieles) / percussion ensemble (1)
- The Prophet Omega / voice (5)

Released by Atlantic

Thanks to Cygnus X-2 for the addition
and to Joren for the last updates

ADRIAN BELEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions Music

Atlantic / Wea 1990
Lone Rhino/Twang Bar KingLone Rhino/Twang Bar King
Remastered · Import
BGO Records 2005
ADRIAN BELEW Desire Caught by the Tail MINI LP COVER CD Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
The BEARS s/t LP PRIMITIVE MAN I.R.S. records ADRIAN BELEW KING CRIMSON US $6.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino MINI LP COVER CD Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King MINI LP COVER CD Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - SIDE TWO (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $19.30 Buy It Now 3h 23m
ADRIAN BELEW - YOUNG LIONS CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Jean Michel Jarre - Zoolook - Israel Israeli LP LISTEN Synth-Prog / Adrian Belew US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
KING CRIMSON Beat WARNER 1-23692 ROBERT FRIPP Adrian Belew BILL BRUFORD (1982) US $12.00 Buy It Now 10h 27m
JARS OF CLAY FLOOD /SINKING ADRIAN BELEW SILVERTONE USA CASSETTE SINGLE MC US $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
Adrian Belew - Side Three (CD, Apr-2006, Sanctuary (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Side Two [Digipak] Adrian Belew King Crimson CD US $49.95 Buy It Now 16h 15m
Three of a Perfect Pair King Crimson CD Holland Import Robert Fripp Adrian Belew US $59.95 Buy It Now 16h 17m
Mr. Music Head by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1989, Atlantic (Label)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail by Adrian Belew (CD, 1986, Island (Label)) US $9.00 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail by Adrian Belew (1986, Island... US $4.50 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW / BOWIE "Young Lions" SEALED ROCK/POP CD "ONE OF LASY TWO" US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 31m
King Crimson ADRIAN BELEW Op Zop Too Wah RARE PROMO ADVNCE CD 1996 USA MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
DAVID BOWIE lodger JAPAN MINI LP CD ADRIAN BELEW BRIAN ENO SEALED US $22.99 [0 bids]
20h
Adrian Belew - Side Two [CD New] US $12.85 Buy It Now 22h 13m
Frank Zappa Baby Snakes Mini LP CD JAPAN VACK-1245 / The Mothers Adrian Belew US $9.99 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail Adrian Belew [24-bit remastered](mini lp CD 2002 Japan US $14.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions CASSETTE Tape 1990 King Crimson Zappa Bowie US Press US $5.00 [0 bids]
Inner Revolution - Adrian Belew (Cassette 1992, Atlantic) in NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
2 promo 12" BEARS Trust Aches Pain Adrian Belew King Crimson MINT power pop 1987 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Pretty Pink Rose DUET w DAVID BOWIE + Oh Daddy CD oop/htf THE BEARS US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot 4 promo CD singles MICHAEL BOLTON BONHAM ADRIAN BELEW Oh Daddy BARDENS Gold US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Guitar as Ochestra: Experimental Guitar Series, Vol. 1 by Adrian Belew... US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Young Lions 1990 Cassette Tape King Crimson Prog Guitar Rock 820994 US $7.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew 10" vinyl single record Big Electric Cat UK 10WIP6791 ISLAND 1982 US $15.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (Cassette, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) promo US $0.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - Twang Bar King 1981 LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Here by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $12.21 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - INNER REVOLUTION CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Pretty Pink Rose [EP] by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic) US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King VERY GOOD (VINYL ALBUM 1983) US $14.93 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW + OA PINK FLOYD TRIBUTE THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY ARGENTINA NEW CD US $28.07 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW-"DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL" 1986 ISSUE DJ LP-NM VINYL US $8.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW:LONE RHINO:(ISLAND 1982) COVER DAMAGED AS SHOWN, DISK EX+ US $23.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew-Lone Rhino-LP-Near Mint-Island-IL 9751-Og Sleeve-Lyrics-Vinyl US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Salad Days CD US $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW "Twang Bar King" Cassette Tape Used US $5.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew ?- Lone Rhino - Island 12" Vinyl LP - 1982 - NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW (Talking Heads,King Crimson,F. Zappa) "Lone Rhino" Mint Top Copy! US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King LP Island EX/EX US $14.53 Buy It Now 2 days
2 ADRIAN BELEW RECORDS TWANG BAR KING / LONE RHINO VINYL LPs Perfect US $12.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Twang Bar King Lp Factory Sealed US $69.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew Lone Rhino Factory Sealed US $69.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW 3 Replica TO THE ORIGINAL LP IN A RARE JAPAN OBI CD Sealed Set US $254.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The BEARS RISE and SHINE Adrian Belew 1985 IRS 42139 Album vinyl record 12" US $9.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino PROMO 1982 ISLAND KING CRIMSON prog Lp US $8.26 [0 bids]
JARS OF CLAY Japan 1997 Promo SEALED Mint CD JARS OF CLAY ADRIAN BELEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BYRNE "THE CATHERINE WHEEL" ENO / ADRIAN BELEW 1981 SIRE LP / RECORD NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
Coming Attractions by Adrian Belew CD IS MINT PUNCH HOLE IN BARCODE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ADRIAN BELEW: MR. MUSIC HEAD CD! RARE OOP! W/OH DADDY, ONE OF THOSE DAYS! EX+/NM US $12.48 Buy It Now 3 days
BIG ELECTRIC CAT~Adrian Belew BW Lone Rhinoceros ISLAND 10WIP 6791 10" 45 UK US $5.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Op Zop Too Wah by Adrian Belew (CD, Sep-1996, Adrian Belew Presents) US $7.78 [0 bids]
THRAK by King Crimson (CD, Apr-1995, Virgin) Robert Fripp Adrian Belew US $8.80 [0 bids]
Here by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $1.69 [0 bids]
The Guitar as Ochestra: Experimental Guitar Series, Vol. 1 by Adrian Belew... US $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ADRIAN BELEW - Mr. Music Head - Cassette Tape - 1989 - Atlantic - Art Rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew~Joan Miros Procession~Unplayed 1987 Guitar Player Soundpage US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The BEARS Rise and Shine vinyl LP EX 1988 Adrian Belew w/INSERT US $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ADRIAN BELEW from king crimson Young Lions CASSETTE EX US $0.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Oh Daddy - Adrian Belew (Cassette Single, 1989) in NM US $3.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew: Here ~ EXCELLENT CD (1994, Caroline Records, Inc. (USA)) US $11.47 Buy It Now 4 days
Lone Rhino Adrian Belew Cassette US $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW - Lone Rhino - Twang Bar King Viny lLP Island 20th Anniverary Label US $14.03 [0 bids]
WILLIAM SHATNER[STAR TREK]: HAS BEEN [Joe Jackson,Adrian Belew,Henry Rollins++] US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEARS CD AUTOGRAPHED Adrian Belew (entire band) OOP Japan press no UPC 1987 US $77.77 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew:3 CD+Rhino Promo Box Japan Mini-LP New (king crimson bill bruford Z US $130.50 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW HERE CD 12 TRACKS - 1994 DUTCH US $13.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Salad Days by Adrian Belew (CD, Feb-1999, Thirsty Ear) US $9.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew - Inner Revolution CD 1992 US $9.00 [0 bids]
Here by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $9.00 [0 bids]
Op Zop Too Wah by Adrian Belew (CD, Sep-1996, Adrian Belew Presents) US $9.00 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW 3 CD Replica LP TREMENDOUSLY RARE LIMITED JAPAN OBI Sealed Box Set US $297.49 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW * OH DADDY & PEACEABLE KINGDOM * 45 RPM US $5.75 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW "EVERYTHING" RARE MEX 7" PRO SINGLE Read shipp fees UNPLAYED NEW US $18.00 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King LP ROCK ISLAND Gatefold US $3.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Twang Bar King Promo LP 1983 Gatefold US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW ~ Inner Revolution - 1992 CD - King Crimson US $4.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - INNER REVOLUTION CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
AL KOOPER / ADRIAN BELEW / NINA GERBER / TERRE ROCHE + "CHRISTMAS GUITARS" CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
CD/Japan- ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions w/OBI RARE ORIGINAL 1990 - KING CRIMSON US $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew ft. David Bowie "Pretty Pink Rose" SEALED 12" Germany 1990 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Pretty Pink Rose [EP] by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE BEARS S/T CD 1987 Adrian Belew IRS Records RARE VG OOP made in Japan US $69.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew - Standing In The Shadow - Promo Only CD Single (PRCD 4430-2) US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew Cassette, May-1990, Atlantic Advance Promo SEALED US $5.97 Buy It Now 5 days
DESIRE OF THE RHINO KING / ADRIAN BELEW / VG CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail EX / NM-,still in shrink! WOW US $8.00 [0 bids]
Kevin Max Stereotype Be New CD former DC Talk / Audio Adrenaline Adrian Belew US $5.71 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew HERE orig 1994 poster! King Crimson US $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Come Together Guitar Tribute Beatles CD 1993 jazz adrian belew allan holdsworth US $14.02 [0 bids]
THE BEARS cd RISE AND SHINE Adrian Belew Rob Fetters psychodots US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The BEARS Adrian Belew 1987 IRS 42011 Album vinyl record 12" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jars of Clay CD's self-titled+If I Left the Zoo MINT Christian rock Adrian Belew US $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ADRIAN BELEW, Desire Caught By the Tail USA 1st pressing EXCELLENT-LP US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ADRIAN BELEW, Twang Bar King USA 1st pressing EXCELLENT-LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days

More places to buy ADRIAN BELEW music online Buy ADRIAN BELEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADRIAN BELEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions ratings distribution

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I don't dare to say that this is a poor album even though I have tried to enjoy this album with many different angles. It's probably my preconception that Adrian Belew has been so powerful as the front man of legendary band King Crimson. I knew him for the first time when King Crimson reincarnated themselves with a new album "Discipline" after a long musical break. Some people even mentioned that the band was defunct. My only reason to purchase "Young Lions" couple years ago was that Mr. Belew's work with King Crimson. When I saw that "Heartbeat" (track 3) was featured I finally made a purchase decision and ordered it from the net. At first spin I did not believe what I was hearing - it was truly terrible record. The composition was too loose with no cohesiveness between one part to the other, and there is basically no melody that I can emulate. I did try it many times until I gave up and put it for a long time on my CD shelf. When I saw Adrian Belew was added into this page, my reaction was: "What?!". Give me a break! So, I did try (again?) to spin the CD last night and it still did not stir me up at all. I was totally confused if this kind of music is considered as prog. The music is a blend of glam rock (those like Marc Bolan and T Rex) and psychedelic composed in poppy style. I don't know whether I have given a clear picture about this album to you or not. I'm probably totally wrong with this opinion as I only heard this album. The other albums may be good ones. So, I decided to give this album with two stars rating, i.e. for "Collectors / fans only" as I want to respect those King Crimson aficionado. I've just remembered a friend of mine who collected any CD where any member of Deep Purple, any MARK, has ever contributed and he came up with 300 plus CDs! Put this thing in perspective, I don't want to say that this is poor as I leave it up to you. For those who love King Crimson like my friend loves Deep Purple, this album might be a worthwhile purchase. Unfortunately, you've just missed mine which I've just sold it (today) to Jl. Surabaya (CDs secondary market in my country) for five bucks. It's a good deal as with additional two bucks I got Hawkwind CD (digipak). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild mother Brown has lost her child, just another forgotten sons! - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#42009) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Adrian Belew's first album of the 90s would ultimately be his weakest in my opinion. While there a few really good songs, there are some others that just feel like they shouldn't have made the cut and others that feel plain and are somewhat boring. Despite that, you'll also find two collaborations with David Bowie on the album (two of the best songs on the album are the Bowie ones) and a reworking of the classic King Crimson song Heartbeat, that while not as great as the original, suffices enough and is probably of the same quality. Having said that, the inclusion of this song could also give a hint that Belew wasn't at his creative best at this point so he needed something to fill the void. Whatever it is, Young Lions is the blemish of Adrian Belew's career (in my opinion of course).

There are some good songs here, though. Pretty Pink Rose was the single release from this album, and the collaboration between Belew and Bowie is great and Bowie sounds fantastic on this song. With Heartbeat, you can expect a more stripped down version of the piece (since Belew doesn't have the abilities on drums or bass of Bill Bruford or Tony Levin), and a version that makes you ask why he re-recorded the song in the first place. There's nothing different about it structurally or musically. Men In Helicopters (which would get a face-lift on Side Three as Men in Helicopters v4.0) is another great piece that has a nice chord progression and some thoughtful, poignant lyrics from Belew. Gunman is the finale to the album and the second David Bowie collaboration. Again, Bowie sounds great on this track and Belew was able to write some really interesting backing music for the piece.

In the end, Young Lions is probably the album you'll want to get last in the Belew catalog. It has some decent pieces, and some great pieces, but there's an odd feeling I get when I listen to this album. I can't recommend it to anyone. I can recommend it to fans of Belew's solo material, as you'll probably find some nice things here and there. But for the general public, don't by any means use this album as an entry point into the solo career of Adrian Belew.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#110621) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 03, 2007

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
1 stars This isn't progressive rock- nothing here is. This Adrian Belew solo album consists of ten straightforward rock songs, most of which sound like bad ELO. Perhaps this is partially due to the fact that the album contains two covers, one of which is "Not Alone Anymore," originally by The Traveling Wilburys. The problem is, not only is this album devoid of any progressive elements, it's chock full of second-rate pop-rock. Unless one is looking to complete a Belew discography or simply likes simple rock, this one is best passed by.

"Young Lions" Probably the best song this weak record has to offer, the music itself seems like a cross between Jethro Tull and ELO, featuring good rhythm and a variety of sound. Belew's singing is good, as is his brief guitar solo.

"Pretty Pink Rose" Bowie wrote this upbeat song, and sang lead vocals on it. It's not bad, but it does sound like skating rink music.

"Heartbeat" This is a cover of the King Crimson song of the same name. It sounds almost like a typical pop track of 1980s.

"Looking for a U.F.O." This simply sounds like ELO from the 1980's with sock-hop like music. The lyrics express the idea that perhaps an extraterrestrial could visit earth to teach us how to "clean up our mess."

"I Am What I Am" This is something of an instrumental track in which Belew shows off his guitar work, both that with distortion and that without. The speaker is Nashville, Tennessee radio evangelist, Prophet Omega (whom Belew found out about through his friend Al Kooper), who broadcasted from his own apartment. Belew used his speeches in two other tracks on other albums.

"Not Alone Anymore" This is a cover of the song by The Traveling Wilburys; incidentally, it sounds like Jeff Lynne's most recent work as ELO, Zoom.

"Men in Helicopters" Yet another basic rock song, this one is upbeat and can be fun, but there isn't much substance to it. The lyrics are a ridiculous attempt at describing poetic justice regarding dolphin killers and poachers, and how, if there is a God, he should see how we treat the planet and "pull the plug on us" by snuffing out the sun. Yeah, because that'll help the animals.

"Small World" Tribal rhythms begin this one, which is full of ridiculous lyrics and consists of a quirky composition.

"Phone Call from the Moon" Starting with jazzy, R&B like sounds and the noise of a telephone dialing, this is a laid back track. Some of the lyrics are spoken as one half of a conversation. If I were pressed to compare it to anything, I would say this sounds like a weak track from The Police.

"Gunman" This is the song Bowie co-wrote with Belew. It's not really different from anything else from before, except the guitar work is a bit creative.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#193941) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 stars I think this is a really nice album. I like it a lot. It´s obvious that´s not a prog album, just pop songs. But it doesn´t mean that it´s bad. The opening track is great, and Bowie collaboration on the second and the closing tracks adds a little bit of glamour to the album. the King Crimson ... (read more)

Report this review (#100701) | Posted by Pieterland | Monday, November 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If one leans toward the murky or brutal sounds of Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and their ilk, this album is going to be difficult to appreciate. Anyone who loves the classic progressive rock bands who started off in the sixties and seventies (e.g., King Crimson, ELP, Yes, The Moody Blues) or got of ... (read more)

Report this review (#87548) | Posted by convocation | Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I have to agree with both rewievs. It's really hard to listen to this album more than once. It's boring, and in worse moments - irritating. It was published in 1990, and at this time things were getting better, generally, in rock music. But here it seems that we are deep in eighties. I accep ... (read more)

Report this review (#74492) | Posted by kajetan | Sunday, April 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADRIAN BELEW "Young Lions"