YOUNG LIONS

Adrian Belew Young Lions album cover

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. Young lions (3:42)
2. Pretty pink rose (4:43)
3. Heartbeat (3:59)
4. Ooking for a u.f.o (3:36)
5. I am what i am (4:11)
6. Not alone anymore (3:13)
7. Men In helicopters (3:17)
8. Small world (3:45)
9. Phone call from the moon (3:38)
10. Gunman (3:51)

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions lyrics

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions tabs

- Adrian Belew / instruments and vocals
- Mike Barnett / string bass (9)
- David Bowie / vocals (2,10)
- Van Kampen (Willem Van Kruysdijk, Mies Wilbrink, Dree Van Beeck, Elen Gieles) / percussion ensemble (1)
- The Prophet Omega / voice (5)

Released by Atlantic

Thanks to Cygnus X-2 for the addition
and to Joren for the last updates

ADRIAN BELEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions Music

Young LionsYoung Lions
Atlantic / Wea 1990
Young Lions / Pretty Pink RoseYoung Lions / Pretty Pink Rose
Wounded Bird Records 2008
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (Cassette, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) promo USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (Cassette, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.78 Buy It Now 14h
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
ADRIAN BELEW - Young Lions, former KING CRIMSON leader USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $7.00 Buy It Now
ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions CASSETTE Tape 1990 King Crimson Zappa Bowie US Press USD $5.00 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - YOUNG LIONS-CD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions on Cassette Tape USD $6.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions Cassette Tape 1990 Atlantic 82099-4 King Crimson Solo USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions CD Compact Disc USD $4.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions 1990 Cassette Tape King Crimson Prog Guitar Rock 820994 USD $7.80 Buy It Now 11 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions Cassette Tape New Sealed USD $8.95 Buy It Now 11 days
ADRIAN BELEW / BOWIE "Young Lions" SEALED ROCK/POP CD "ONE OF LASY TWO" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
ADRIAN BELEW - YOUNG LIONS CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
ADRIAN BELEW & DAVID BOWIE Pretty Pink Rose PROMO CD SINGLE Young Lions SEALED USD $30.99 Buy It Now 14 days
ADRIAN BELEW Not Alone Anymore PROMO CD SINGLE Young Lions TRAVELING WILBURYS 90 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 14 days
ADRIAN BELEW - Young Lions LP - W/David Bowie N/Mint Vinyl USD $13.86 Buy It Now 14 days
Young Lions, Belew, Adrian, Good USD $12.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Adrian Belew - YOUNG LIONS - US Signed Pretty Pink Rose Heartbeat LP David Bowie USD $149.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ADRIAN BELEW YOUNG LIONS DAVID BOWIE KING CRIMSON TALKING HEADS EX US LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew Cassette, May-1990, Atlantic Advance Promo SEALED USD $5.97 Buy It Now 19 days
ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions CD 1990 RARE 1990 USD $13.98 Buy It Now 23 days
ADRIAN BELEW-Young Lions-KING CRIMSON-The Bears-DAVID BOWIE/"PEAS"Guitar ROCK/ss USD $5.49 Buy It Now 23 days
Adrian Belew - Young Lions CD co USD $4.49 Buy It Now 23 days
* ADRIAN BELEW - Young Lions USD $2.99 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy ADRIAN BELEW music online Buy ADRIAN BELEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADRIAN BELEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions ratings distribution

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I don't dare to say that this is a poor album even though I have tried to enjoy this album with many different angles. It's probably my preconception that Adrian Belew has been so powerful as the front man of legendary band King Crimson. I knew him for the first time when King Crimson reincarnated themselves with a new album "Discipline" after a long musical break. Some people even mentioned that the band was defunct. My only reason to purchase "Young Lions" couple years ago was that Mr. Belew's work with King Crimson. When I saw that "Heartbeat" (track 3) was featured I finally made a purchase decision and ordered it from the net. At first spin I did not believe what I was hearing - it was truly terrible record. The composition was too loose with no cohesiveness between one part to the other, and there is basically no melody that I can emulate. I did try it many times until I gave up and put it for a long time on my CD shelf. When I saw Adrian Belew was added into this page, my reaction was: "What?!". Give me a break! So, I did try (again?) to spin the CD last night and it still did not stir me up at all. I was totally confused if this kind of music is considered as prog. The music is a blend of glam rock (those like Marc Bolan and T Rex) and psychedelic composed in poppy style. I don't know whether I have given a clear picture about this album to you or not. I'm probably totally wrong with this opinion as I only heard this album. The other albums may be good ones. So, I decided to give this album with two stars rating, i.e. for "Collectors / fans only" as I want to respect those King Crimson aficionado. I've just remembered a friend of mine who collected any CD where any member of Deep Purple, any MARK, has ever contributed and he came up with 300 plus CDs! Put this thing in perspective, I don't want to say that this is poor as I leave it up to you. For those who love King Crimson like my friend loves Deep Purple, this album might be a worthwhile purchase. Unfortunately, you've just missed mine which I've just sold it (today) to Jl. Surabaya (CDs secondary market in my country) for five bucks. It's a good deal as with additional two bucks I got Hawkwind CD (digipak). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild mother Brown has lost her child, just another forgotten sons! - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#42009) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Adrian Belew's first album of the 90s would ultimately be his weakest in my opinion. While there a few really good songs, there are some others that just feel like they shouldn't have made the cut and others that feel plain and are somewhat boring. Despite that, you'll also find two collaborations with David Bowie on the album (two of the best songs on the album are the Bowie ones) and a reworking of the classic King Crimson song Heartbeat, that while not as great as the original, suffices enough and is probably of the same quality. Having said that, the inclusion of this song could also give a hint that Belew wasn't at his creative best at this point so he needed something to fill the void. Whatever it is, Young Lions is the blemish of Adrian Belew's career (in my opinion of course).

There are some good songs here, though. Pretty Pink Rose was the single release from this album, and the collaboration between Belew and Bowie is great and Bowie sounds fantastic on this song. With Heartbeat, you can expect a more stripped down version of the piece (since Belew doesn't have the abilities on drums or bass of Bill Bruford or Tony Levin), and a version that makes you ask why he re-recorded the song in the first place. There's nothing different about it structurally or musically. Men In Helicopters (which would get a face-lift on Side Three as Men in Helicopters v4.0) is another great piece that has a nice chord progression and some thoughtful, poignant lyrics from Belew. Gunman is the finale to the album and the second David Bowie collaboration. Again, Bowie sounds great on this track and Belew was able to write some really interesting backing music for the piece.

In the end, Young Lions is probably the album you'll want to get last in the Belew catalog. It has some decent pieces, and some great pieces, but there's an odd feeling I get when I listen to this album. I can't recommend it to anyone. I can recommend it to fans of Belew's solo material, as you'll probably find some nice things here and there. But for the general public, don't by any means use this album as an entry point into the solo career of Adrian Belew.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#110621) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 03, 2007

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
1 stars This isn't progressive rock- nothing here is. This Adrian Belew solo album consists of ten straightforward rock songs, most of which sound like bad ELO. Perhaps this is partially due to the fact that the album contains two covers, one of which is "Not Alone Anymore," originally by The Traveling Wilburys. The problem is, not only is this album devoid of any progressive elements, it's chock full of second-rate pop-rock. Unless one is looking to complete a Belew discography or simply likes simple rock, this one is best passed by.

"Young Lions" Probably the best song this weak record has to offer, the music itself seems like a cross between Jethro Tull and ELO, featuring good rhythm and a variety of sound. Belew's singing is good, as is his brief guitar solo.

"Pretty Pink Rose" Bowie wrote this upbeat song, and sang lead vocals on it. It's not bad, but it does sound like skating rink music.

"Heartbeat" This is a cover of the King Crimson song of the same name. It sounds almost like a typical pop track of 1980s.

"Looking for a U.F.O." This simply sounds like ELO from the 1980's with sock-hop like music. The lyrics express the idea that perhaps an extraterrestrial could visit earth to teach us how to "clean up our mess."

"I Am What I Am" This is something of an instrumental track in which Belew shows off his guitar work, both that with distortion and that without. The speaker is Nashville, Tennessee radio evangelist, Prophet Omega (whom Belew found out about through his friend Al Kooper), who broadcasted from his own apartment. Belew used his speeches in two other tracks on other albums.

"Not Alone Anymore" This is a cover of the song by The Traveling Wilburys; incidentally, it sounds like Jeff Lynne's most recent work as ELO, Zoom.

"Men in Helicopters" Yet another basic rock song, this one is upbeat and can be fun, but there isn't much substance to it. The lyrics are a ridiculous attempt at describing poetic justice regarding dolphin killers and poachers, and how, if there is a God, he should see how we treat the planet and "pull the plug on us" by snuffing out the sun. Yeah, because that'll help the animals.

"Small World" Tribal rhythms begin this one, which is full of ridiculous lyrics and consists of a quirky composition.

"Phone Call from the Moon" Starting with jazzy, R&B like sounds and the noise of a telephone dialing, this is a laid back track. Some of the lyrics are spoken as one half of a conversation. If I were pressed to compare it to anything, I would say this sounds like a weak track from The Police.

"Gunman" This is the song Bowie co-wrote with Belew. It's not really different from anything else from before, except the guitar work is a bit creative.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#193941) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 stars I think this is a really nice album. I like it a lot. Itīs obvious thatīs not a prog album, just pop songs. But it doesnīt mean that itīs bad. The opening track is great, and Bowie collaboration on the second and the closing tracks adds a little bit of glamour to the album. the King Crimson ... (read more)

Report this review (#100701) | Posted by Pieterland | Monday, November 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If one leans toward the murky or brutal sounds of Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and their ilk, this album is going to be difficult to appreciate. Anyone who loves the classic progressive rock bands who started off in the sixties and seventies (e.g., King Crimson, ELP, Yes, The Moody Blues) or got of ... (read more)

Report this review (#87548) | Posted by convocation | Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I have to agree with both rewievs. It's really hard to listen to this album more than once. It's boring, and in worse moments - irritating. It was published in 1990, and at this time things were getting better, generally, in rock music. But here it seems that we are deep in eighties. I accep ... (read more)

Report this review (#74492) | Posted by kajetan | Sunday, April 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADRIAN BELEW "Young Lions"