YOUNG LIONS

Adrian Belew Young Lions album cover

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. Young lions (3:42)
2. Pretty pink rose (4:43)
3. Heartbeat (3:59)
4. Ooking for a u.f.o (3:36)
5. I am what i am (4:11)
6. Not alone anymore (3:13)
7. Men In helicopters (3:17)
8. Small world (3:45)
9. Phone call from the moon (3:38)
10. Gunman (3:51)

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions lyrics

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions tabs

- Adrian Belew / instruments and vocals
- Mike Barnett / string bass (9)
- David Bowie / vocals (2,10)
- Van Kampen (Willem Van Kruysdijk, Mies Wilbrink, Dree Van Beeck, Elen Gieles) / percussion ensemble (1)
- The Prophet Omega / voice (5)

Released by Atlantic

Thanks to Cygnus X-2 for the addition
and to Joren for the last updates

ADRIAN BELEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions Music

Side OneSide One
Sanctuary Records 2005
Side ThreeSide Three
Sanctuary Records 2006
Desire Caught By the Tail (Mlps)Desire Caught By the Tail (Mlps)
Limited Edition · Import
Island Records 2007
Lone Rhino/Twang Bar KingLone Rhino/Twang Bar King
Remastered · Import
BGO Records 2005
Side TwoSide Two
Sanctuary Records 2005
King Crimson 2 CD Space Groove Projekct Two Robert Fripp Adrian Belew Trey Gunn US $10.99 Buy It Now 39m 32s
Adrian Belew-1992 magazine advert US $8.02 Buy It Now 2h 29m
BEARS The Bears '87 LP ADRIAN BELEW KING CRIMSON ORIGINAL WHITE label pr MINT- US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
BEARS Rise And Shine LP ADRIAN BELEW KING CRIMSON ORIGINAL SILVER label MINT- US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King '83 LP 1st press ex-KING CRIMSON US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
David Bowie Lodger Japan Mini LP Brian Eno Adrian Belew US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Adrian Belew Twang Bar King Japan Mini LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 34m
ADRIAN BELEW - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T2) US $11.18 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Adrian Belew - Lone Rhino/Twang Bar King CD US $19.55 Buy It Now 7h 26m
ADRIAN BELEW Desire Caught by the Tail PROMO!!!!! Sterling! US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 24m
= ADRIAN BELEW 7" PS JAPAN BIG ELECTRIC CAT F449 US $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 20m
ADRIAN BELEW - MR MUSIC HEAD CD NEW AND SEALED US $12.85 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW FEATURING DAVID BOWIE-7" P/SLEEVE SINGLE PRETTY PINK ROSE/HEARTBEAT US $8.04 [0 bids]
JOAN ARMATRADING The Key LP Record Adrian Belew 1983 Bad Habits The Dealer US $8.97 Buy It Now 14h 33m
THE BEARS Aches And Pains 1988 Adrian Belew Primitive Talking About Music US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 40m
LAURIE ANDERSON Mister Heartbreak 1984 Peter Gabriel Adrian Belew Bill Laswell US $8.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Adrian Belew Lone Rhino vinyl LP UK 1st 1982 EX+ King Crimson + INNER US $8.02 [1 bids]
Desire of the Rhino King by Adrian Belew (CD, Nov-1991, Island (Label)) US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 20m
99 Cent CD - Saul Zonana - 42 Days 2005 w/ Chasing It Adrian Belew US $0.99 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Frank Zappa "Wanna Buy Some Acid" 2CD Germany 1978 RARE OOP W/Adrian Belew L@@K US $49.99 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail by Adrian Belew, Cassette, 1986, Island US $3.00 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Desire Caught by the Tail MINI LP COVER CD Japan KING CRIMSON US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 52m
Adrian Belew ?- Lone Rhino - Island 12" Vinyl LP - 1982 - NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Acoustic Adrian Belew CD US $12.49 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE STAGE, RYKODISC RCD 10144/45 2 CD, ADRIAN BELEW, FAST FREE SHIPPING US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 31m
The Acoustic Adrian Belew Adrian Belew CD 1993 Adrian Belew Presents Original US $29.95 Buy It Now 22h 40m
Adrian Belew-Lone Rhino-LP-Near Mint-Island-IL 9751-Og Sleeve-Lyrics-Vinyl US $4.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew feat David Bowie - Pretty Pink Rose 3 Track CD Single US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1983 - ADRIAN BELEW - Twang Ban King - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Autographed ADRIAN BELEW CAUGHT BY THE TAIL LP 1986 ISLAND RECORDS US $12.99 [1 bids]
Adrian Belew Oh Daddy / Peaceable Kingdom 7" 45 rpm Atlantic 7-88904 NM in PS US $6.96 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino LP 11 Track With Inner (ilps9675) UK Island 1982 US $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Mr Music Head LP 11 Track Promo Sticker On The Rear Of The Sleeve US $22.32 Buy It Now 1 day
BEARS (ADRIAN BELEW) Rise And Shine LP 14 Track With Inner (ilp026) UK Illegal 1 US $18.61 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW INNER REVOLUTION MEGA RARE ORG 1st PRESS 1992 LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Frank Zappa Uncle Meat 1st USA Press 1987 2 CD Set Adrian Belew Steve Vai US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail 1st Press 1986 USA LP King Crimson Zappa US $18.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Frank Zappa Them Or Us 1st Press 1986 USA CD Adrian Belew Steve Vai US $18.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Frank Zappa Jazz From Hell 1st USA Press 1987 CD Adrian Belew Steve Vai US $16.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Here SEALED 1994 USA CD Frank Zappa Talking Heads King Crimson US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Side One [Digipak] by Adrian Belew (CD, Jan-2005, Sanctuary (USA)) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail EX / NM-,still in shrink! WOW US $8.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew - Desire Caught By The Tail - Original Japanese Mini LP US $16.07 [0 bids]
David Bowie: Stage RCA CPL2-2913 promo double LP Adrian Belew US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
(CD) ADRIAN BELEW - Op Zop Too Wah [Radio Sampler] / 6 Trk / PROMO US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW - LONE RHINO / TWANG BAR KING NEW CD US $21.77 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW-TWANG BAR KING 1983 ISLAND RECORDS GATEFOLD LP 90108-1 EXC. VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KING CRIMSON Level Five Mini LP CD JAPAN IECP-10047 / Robert Fripp Adrian Belew US $9.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail Mini LP CD JAPAN UICY-9239 / King Crimson US $4.99 [0 bids]
item will be updated ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King ex-KING CRIMSON prog Lp US $0.56 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - "Op Zop Too Wah" RADIO SAMPLER CD - 1996 1st US PROMO ONLY - RARE US $21.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Desire of the Rhino King by Adrian Belew (CD, Nov-1991, Island (Label)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew Signed Autographed 10x8 Photo, King Crimson US $24.12 Buy It Now 2 days
Tori Amos / Strange Little Girls (CD) Grammy Nominated / Adrian Belew, Jon Evans US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Resonator cd Tony Levin (Bass) MINT (2006, Narada) PETER GABRIEL w/ Adrian Belew US $11.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew Lone Rhino Factory Sealed US $69.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew Twang Bar King Lp Factory Sealed US $69.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW - MR MUSIC HEAD US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW - TWANG BAR KING US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew-1983 poster size press advert US $16.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Here by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $12.21 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Young Lions Cassette Tape 1990 Atlantic 82099-4 King Crimson Solo US $4.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew Mr Music Head Cassette Tape 1989 Atlantic 81959-4 King Crimson Solo US $6.29 Buy It Now 2 days
BEARS - Bears (2006) CD - NOT the Adrian Belew band - The Shins, Elliot Smith US $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew- Mr. Music Head - Cassette US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew: Desire of the Rhino King ~ EXCELLENT CD (1991, Island Records USA) US $7.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew The Lone Rhinoceros 10" 45rpm UK import NM King Crimson in shrink US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEARS (ADRIAN BELEW OF KING CRIMSON) self titled s/t MIRF 1026 LP PS EX/EX US $22.03 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW * Twang Bar King * (Vinyl album)..Island records 7567-90108-1 VG+ ! US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
KING CRIMSON Sleepless 12" NM!!! DANCE & INST MIXES Robt Fripp, Adrian Belew US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JOAN ARMATRADING The Key ORIG W/GLOSSY INNER VG++ ADRIAN BELEW Drop The Pilot US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions CD Compact Disc US $4.75 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW: MR. MUSIC HEAD CD! RARE OOP! W/OH DADDY, ONE OF THOSE DAYS! EX+/NM US $12.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew - Desire Caught By The Tail Vinyl LP Island 90551 King Crimson US $7.98 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie, Adrian Belew,CD,Cut-Out,Pretty Pink Rose EP US $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew - Oh Daddy/Peaceable Kingdom - 1989 USA Picture Sleeve PS 7" US $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
David Bowie - Stage 2 cd 1978 German RCA Adrian Belew Simon House Roger Powell US $139.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Adrian Belew - Lone Rhino/Twang Bar King [CD New] US $15.16 Buy It Now 3 days
King Crimson "Beat" 1982 CD Great shape Adrian Belew US $4.77 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW TWANG BAR KING island gatefold A-1U Lp ex US $20.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Salad Days Adrian Belew King Crimson CD Signed US $89.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Raisins SEALED 1983 debut LP Adrian Belew produced Psychodots Bucket Rel US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
* ADRIAN BELEW - Young Lions US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Adrian Belew "Mr. Music Head", 1989 Vinyl LP Record, EX Cond,, Atlantic 81959-1 US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Side Two, Adrian Belew, Very Good US $5.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Adrian Belew "Lone Rhino" Promo VG+ Vinyl LP Orig Inner Play Tested US $3.99 [0 bids]
KING CRIMSON thrakattak JAPAN CD Trey Gunn Adrian Belew Robert Fripp Tony Levin US $24.09 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW HERE 1994 PRESS JAPAN CD King Crimson US $21.24 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew Here (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew Mr. Music Head (CD, Apr-1989, Atlantic (Label)) US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW TWANG BAR KING JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew and David Bowie Pretty Pink Rose CD Promo US $14.44 [0 bids]
Beat Remaster King Crimson Import Holland CD Robert Fripp LP format Adrian Belew US $54.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DAVID BOWIE lodger JAPAN MINI LP CD ADRIAN BELEW BRIAN ENO SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEARS . Rise And Shine . 1988 ROCK POP Adrian Belew IRS-42139 vinyl lp US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy ADRIAN BELEW music online Buy ADRIAN BELEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADRIAN BELEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions ratings distribution

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I don't dare to say that this is a poor album even though I have tried to enjoy this album with many different angles. It's probably my preconception that Adrian Belew has been so powerful as the front man of legendary band King Crimson. I knew him for the first time when King Crimson reincarnated themselves with a new album "Discipline" after a long musical break. Some people even mentioned that the band was defunct. My only reason to purchase "Young Lions" couple years ago was that Mr. Belew's work with King Crimson. When I saw that "Heartbeat" (track 3) was featured I finally made a purchase decision and ordered it from the net. At first spin I did not believe what I was hearing - it was truly terrible record. The composition was too loose with no cohesiveness between one part to the other, and there is basically no melody that I can emulate. I did try it many times until I gave up and put it for a long time on my CD shelf. When I saw Adrian Belew was added into this page, my reaction was: "What?!". Give me a break! So, I did try (again?) to spin the CD last night and it still did not stir me up at all. I was totally confused if this kind of music is considered as prog. The music is a blend of glam rock (those like Marc Bolan and T Rex) and psychedelic composed in poppy style. I don't know whether I have given a clear picture about this album to you or not. I'm probably totally wrong with this opinion as I only heard this album. The other albums may be good ones. So, I decided to give this album with two stars rating, i.e. for "Collectors / fans only" as I want to respect those King Crimson aficionado. I've just remembered a friend of mine who collected any CD where any member of Deep Purple, any MARK, has ever contributed and he came up with 300 plus CDs! Put this thing in perspective, I don't want to say that this is poor as I leave it up to you. For those who love King Crimson like my friend loves Deep Purple, this album might be a worthwhile purchase. Unfortunately, you've just missed mine which I've just sold it (today) to Jl. Surabaya (CDs secondary market in my country) for five bucks. It's a good deal as with additional two bucks I got Hawkwind CD (digipak). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild mother Brown has lost her child, just another forgotten sons! - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#42009) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Adrian Belew's first album of the 90s would ultimately be his weakest in my opinion. While there a few really good songs, there are some others that just feel like they shouldn't have made the cut and others that feel plain and are somewhat boring. Despite that, you'll also find two collaborations with David Bowie on the album (two of the best songs on the album are the Bowie ones) and a reworking of the classic King Crimson song Heartbeat, that while not as great as the original, suffices enough and is probably of the same quality. Having said that, the inclusion of this song could also give a hint that Belew wasn't at his creative best at this point so he needed something to fill the void. Whatever it is, Young Lions is the blemish of Adrian Belew's career (in my opinion of course).

There are some good songs here, though. Pretty Pink Rose was the single release from this album, and the collaboration between Belew and Bowie is great and Bowie sounds fantastic on this song. With Heartbeat, you can expect a more stripped down version of the piece (since Belew doesn't have the abilities on drums or bass of Bill Bruford or Tony Levin), and a version that makes you ask why he re-recorded the song in the first place. There's nothing different about it structurally or musically. Men In Helicopters (which would get a face-lift on Side Three as Men in Helicopters v4.0) is another great piece that has a nice chord progression and some thoughtful, poignant lyrics from Belew. Gunman is the finale to the album and the second David Bowie collaboration. Again, Bowie sounds great on this track and Belew was able to write some really interesting backing music for the piece.

In the end, Young Lions is probably the album you'll want to get last in the Belew catalog. It has some decent pieces, and some great pieces, but there's an odd feeling I get when I listen to this album. I can't recommend it to anyone. I can recommend it to fans of Belew's solo material, as you'll probably find some nice things here and there. But for the general public, don't by any means use this album as an entry point into the solo career of Adrian Belew.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#110621) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 03, 2007

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
1 stars This isn't progressive rock- nothing here is. This Adrian Belew solo album consists of ten straightforward rock songs, most of which sound like bad ELO. Perhaps this is partially due to the fact that the album contains two covers, one of which is "Not Alone Anymore," originally by The Traveling Wilburys. The problem is, not only is this album devoid of any progressive elements, it's chock full of second-rate pop-rock. Unless one is looking to complete a Belew discography or simply likes simple rock, this one is best passed by.

"Young Lions" Probably the best song this weak record has to offer, the music itself seems like a cross between Jethro Tull and ELO, featuring good rhythm and a variety of sound. Belew's singing is good, as is his brief guitar solo.

"Pretty Pink Rose" Bowie wrote this upbeat song, and sang lead vocals on it. It's not bad, but it does sound like skating rink music.

"Heartbeat" This is a cover of the King Crimson song of the same name. It sounds almost like a typical pop track of 1980s.

"Looking for a U.F.O." This simply sounds like ELO from the 1980's with sock-hop like music. The lyrics express the idea that perhaps an extraterrestrial could visit earth to teach us how to "clean up our mess."

"I Am What I Am" This is something of an instrumental track in which Belew shows off his guitar work, both that with distortion and that without. The speaker is Nashville, Tennessee radio evangelist, Prophet Omega (whom Belew found out about through his friend Al Kooper), who broadcasted from his own apartment. Belew used his speeches in two other tracks on other albums.

"Not Alone Anymore" This is a cover of the song by The Traveling Wilburys; incidentally, it sounds like Jeff Lynne's most recent work as ELO, Zoom.

"Men in Helicopters" Yet another basic rock song, this one is upbeat and can be fun, but there isn't much substance to it. The lyrics are a ridiculous attempt at describing poetic justice regarding dolphin killers and poachers, and how, if there is a God, he should see how we treat the planet and "pull the plug on us" by snuffing out the sun. Yeah, because that'll help the animals.

"Small World" Tribal rhythms begin this one, which is full of ridiculous lyrics and consists of a quirky composition.

"Phone Call from the Moon" Starting with jazzy, R&B like sounds and the noise of a telephone dialing, this is a laid back track. Some of the lyrics are spoken as one half of a conversation. If I were pressed to compare it to anything, I would say this sounds like a weak track from The Police.

"Gunman" This is the song Bowie co-wrote with Belew. It's not really different from anything else from before, except the guitar work is a bit creative.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#193941) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 stars I think this is a really nice album. I like it a lot. Itīs obvious thatīs not a prog album, just pop songs. But it doesnīt mean that itīs bad. The opening track is great, and Bowie collaboration on the second and the closing tracks adds a little bit of glamour to the album. the King Crimson ... (read more)

Report this review (#100701) | Posted by Pieterland | Monday, November 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If one leans toward the murky or brutal sounds of Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and their ilk, this album is going to be difficult to appreciate. Anyone who loves the classic progressive rock bands who started off in the sixties and seventies (e.g., King Crimson, ELP, Yes, The Moody Blues) or got of ... (read more)

Report this review (#87548) | Posted by convocation | Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I have to agree with both rewievs. It's really hard to listen to this album more than once. It's boring, and in worse moments - irritating. It was published in 1990, and at this time things were getting better, generally, in rock music. But here it seems that we are deep in eighties. I accep ... (read more)

Report this review (#74492) | Posted by kajetan | Sunday, April 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADRIAN BELEW "Young Lions"