YOUNG LIONS

Adrian Belew Young Lions album cover

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. Young lions (3:42)
2. Pretty pink rose (4:43)
3. Heartbeat (3:59)
4. Ooking for a u.f.o (3:36)
5. I am what i am (4:11)
6. Not alone anymore (3:13)
7. Men In helicopters (3:17)
8. Small world (3:45)
9. Phone call from the moon (3:38)
10. Gunman (3:51)

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions lyrics

Search ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions tabs

- Adrian Belew / instruments and vocals
- Mike Barnett / string bass (9)
- David Bowie / vocals (2,10)
- Van Kampen (Willem Van Kruysdijk, Mies Wilbrink, Dree Van Beeck, Elen Gieles) / percussion ensemble (1)
- The Prophet Omega / voice (5)

Released by Atlantic

Thanks to Cygnus X-2 for the addition
and to Joren for the last updates

ADRIAN BELEW MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions Music

Atlantic / Wea 1990
Lone Rhino/Twang Bar KingLone Rhino/Twang Bar King
Remastered · Import
BGO Records 2005
45 RECORD ADRIAN BELEW : OH DADDY, PEACEABLE KINGDOM US $3.73 Buy It Now 42m 28s
ADRIAN BELEW * Twang Bar King * (Vinyl album)..Island records 7567-90108-1 VG+ ! US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 17m
KING CRIMSON Disipline REMAST PLUS CD & AUDIO DVD with 5.12 DISC Adrian Belew US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Adrian Belew Young Lions CD Compact Disc US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
David Bowie, Adrian Belew,CD,Cut-Out,Pretty Pink Rose EP US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Adrian Belew - Desire Caught By The Tail Vinyl LP Island 90551 King Crimson US $8.40 Buy It Now 5h 22m
David Bowie - Stage 2 cd 1978 German RCA Adrian Belew Simon House Roger Powell US $139.90 Buy It Now 11h 27m
Adrian Belew Side Three CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew - Lone Rhino/Twang Bar King [CD New] US $14.09 Buy It Now 15h 44m
ADRIAN BELEW TWANG BAR KING island gatefold A-1U Lp ex US $21.54 Buy It Now 17h 36m
Salad Days Adrian Belew King Crimson CD Signed US $89.95 Buy It Now 17h 47m
The Raisins SEALED 1983 debut LP Adrian Belew produced Psychodots Bucket Rel US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 59m
ADRIAN BELEW LONE RHINO IL-9751 WITH LYRIC SLEEVE LP US $5.99 [0 bids]
Side Two, Adrian Belew, Very Good US $5.98 Buy It Now 22h 40m
Adrian Belew , Audio CD, Pretty Pink Rose US $7.60 Buy It Now 23h 34m
ADRIAN BELEW - INNER REVOLUTION CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Pretty Pink Rose [EP] by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $10.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Here (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Mr. Music Head (CD, Apr-1989, Atlantic (Label)) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Young Lions (CD, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW TWANG BAR KING JAPAN US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail EX / NM-,still in shrink! WOW US $8.00 [0 bids]
Beat Remaster King Crimson Import Holland CD Robert Fripp LP format Adrian Belew US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW FEATURING DAVID BOWIE-7" P/SLEEVE SINGLE PRETTY PINK ROSE/HEARTBEAT US $8.29 [0 bids]
DAVID BOWIE lodger JAPAN MINI LP CD ADRIAN BELEW BRIAN ENO SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew "Twang Bar King" LP Island Records 90108-1 Gatefold FREE SHIP Blues US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW Op Zop 5TRX SAMPLER PROMO CD King Crimson US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADRIAN BELEW lot of 3 Solo LPs Near-MINT from 1983-1990 King Crimson ROCK US $15.00 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW LONE RHINO LP 503 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adrian Belew- Desire Caught by the Tail- new cassette! US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
PETER WOLF LIGHTS OUT + INNER ~ WITH MICK JAGGER, ADRIAN BELEW, MICHAEL JONZUN US $3.30 [0 bids]
? Adrian Belew - Twang Bar King (Island) gatefold cover US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PSYCHODOTS On the Grid cd Bears Adrian Belew VG US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW "TWANG BAR KING" LP JAPANESE PRESS W/OBI US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL LP 503 US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW-DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL-King Crimson-Talking Heads-NEW cutout LP! US $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
ADRIAN BELEW - LONE RHINOCEROS 10" SINGLE VERY GOOD++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Adrian Belew 6" Flexi DiscGuitar Player 1987 Joan Miro's Procession... US $3.97 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Lone Rhino Promo Issue LP EX/EX US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PSYCHODOTS very rare Autographed cd VG all three members Bears Adrian Belew look US $14.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Acoustic rare cd AUTOGRAPHED! King Crimson VG beatles cover US $19.99 [0 bids]
Lone Rhino/Twang Bar King by Adrian Belew (CD, Aug-2009, Beat Goes On) US $11.17 Buy It Now 2 days
The Bears with Adrian Belew- 3 Vintage Albums US $13.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew-Oh Daddy (Near Mint) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
IRRESPONSIBLES Backwards Boy CD Adrian Belew 1997 power-pop New England no jackt US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEARS 1987 USA promo 7" 45 TRUST (mix 106) w/Adrian Belew Primitive Man US $7.20 Buy It Now 2 days
ROB FETTERS CD Lefty Loose adrian belew SEALED! RARE! US $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ADRIAN BELEW Desire Caught by the Tail MINI LP COVER CD Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
The BEARS s/t LP PRIMITIVE MAN I.R.S. records ADRIAN BELEW KING CRIMSON US $6.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino MINI LP COVER CD Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King MINI LP COVER CD Japan US $19.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - SIDE TWO (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $19.31 Buy It Now 3 days
ADRIAN BELEW - YOUNG LIONS CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jean Michel Jarre - Zoolook - Israel Israeli LP LISTEN Synth-Prog / Adrian Belew US $12.34 Buy It Now 3 days
KING CRIMSON Beat WARNER 1-23692 ROBERT FRIPP Adrian Belew BILL BRUFORD (1982) US $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JARS OF CLAY FLOOD /SINKING ADRIAN BELEW SILVERTONE USA CASSETTE SINGLE MC US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Adrian Belew - Side Three (CD, Apr-2006, Sanctuary (USA)) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Side Two [Digipak] Adrian Belew King Crimson CD US $49.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Three of a Perfect Pair King Crimson CD Holland Import Robert Fripp Adrian Belew US $59.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Mr. Music Head by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1989, Atlantic (Label)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail by Adrian Belew (CD, 1986, Island (Label)) US $9.00 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail by Adrian Belew (1986, Island... US $4.50 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW / BOWIE "Young Lions" SEALED ROCK/POP CD "ONE OF LASY TWO" US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
King Crimson ADRIAN BELEW Op Zop Too Wah RARE PROMO ADVNCE CD 1996 USA MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DAVID BOWIE lodger JAPAN MINI LP CD ADRIAN BELEW BRIAN ENO SEALED US $22.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew - Side Two [CD New] US $13.15 Buy It Now 4 days
Frank Zappa Baby Snakes Mini LP CD JAPAN VACK-1245 / The Mothers Adrian Belew US $9.99 [0 bids]
Desire Caught by the Tail Adrian Belew [24-bit remastered](mini lp CD 2002 Japan US $14.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions CASSETTE Tape 1990 King Crimson Zappa Bowie US Press US $5.00 [0 bids]
Inner Revolution - Adrian Belew (Cassette 1992, Atlantic) in NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
2 promo 12" BEARS Trust Aches Pain Adrian Belew King Crimson MINT power pop 1987 US $4.95 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW Pretty Pink Rose DUET w DAVID BOWIE + Oh Daddy CD oop/htf THE BEARS US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Lot 4 promo CD singles MICHAEL BOLTON BONHAM ADRIAN BELEW Oh Daddy BARDENS Gold US $8.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Guitar as Ochestra: Experimental Guitar Series, Vol. 1 by Adrian Belew... US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew Young Lions 1990 Cassette Tape King Crimson Prog Guitar Rock 820994 US $7.80 Buy It Now 4 days
Adrian Belew 10" vinyl single record Big Electric Cat UK 10WIP6791 ISLAND 1982 US $15.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Young Lions by Adrian Belew (Cassette, May-1990, Atlantic (Label)) promo US $0.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - Twang Bar King 1981 LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Here by Adrian Belew (CD, Apr-1994, Caroline Distribution) US $12.21 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW - INNER REVOLUTION CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Pretty Pink Rose [EP] by Adrian Belew (CD, May-1990, Atlantic) US $13.56 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King VERY GOOD (VINYL ALBUM 1983) US $12.67 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW + OA PINK FLOYD TRIBUTE THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY ARGENTINA NEW CD US $28.07 Buy It Now 4 days
ADRIAN BELEW-"DESIRE CAUGHT BY THE TAIL" 1986 ISSUE DJ LP-NM VINYL US $8.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW:LONE RHINO:(ISLAND 1982) COVER DAMAGED AS SHOWN, DISK EX+ US $23.20 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew-Lone Rhino-LP-Near Mint-Island-IL 9751-Og Sleeve-Lyrics-Vinyl US $11.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew Salad Days CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ADRIAN BELEW "Twang Bar King" Cassette Tape Used US $5.00 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew ?- Lone Rhino - Island 12" Vinyl LP - 1982 - NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW (Talking Heads,King Crimson,F. Zappa) "Lone Rhino" Mint Top Copy! US $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ADRIAN BELEW Twang Bar King LP Island EX/EX US $14.51 Buy It Now 5 days
2 ADRIAN BELEW RECORDS TWANG BAR KING / LONE RHINO VINYL LPs Perfect US $12.99 [0 bids]
Adrian Belew Twang Bar King Lp Factory Sealed US $69.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Adrian Belew Lone Rhino Factory Sealed US $69.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ADRIAN BELEW 3 Replica TO THE ORIGINAL LP IN A RARE JAPAN OBI CD Sealed Set US $254.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The BEARS RISE and SHINE Adrian Belew 1985 IRS 42139 Album vinyl record 12" US $9.99 [0 bids]
ADRIAN BELEW Lone Rhino PROMO 1982 ISLAND KING CRIMSON prog Lp US $8.26 [0 bids]
JARS OF CLAY Japan 1997 Promo SEALED Mint CD JARS OF CLAY ADRIAN BELEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DAVID BYRNE "THE CATHERINE WHEEL" ENO / ADRIAN BELEW 1981 SIRE LP / RECORD NM US $9.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy ADRIAN BELEW music online Buy ADRIAN BELEW & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADRIAN BELEW DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions ratings distribution

ADRIAN BELEW Young Lions reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars I don't dare to say that this is a poor album even though I have tried to enjoy this album with many different angles. It's probably my preconception that Adrian Belew has been so powerful as the front man of legendary band King Crimson. I knew him for the first time when King Crimson reincarnated themselves with a new album "Discipline" after a long musical break. Some people even mentioned that the band was defunct. My only reason to purchase "Young Lions" couple years ago was that Mr. Belew's work with King Crimson. When I saw that "Heartbeat" (track 3) was featured I finally made a purchase decision and ordered it from the net. At first spin I did not believe what I was hearing - it was truly terrible record. The composition was too loose with no cohesiveness between one part to the other, and there is basically no melody that I can emulate. I did try it many times until I gave up and put it for a long time on my CD shelf. When I saw Adrian Belew was added into this page, my reaction was: "What?!". Give me a break! So, I did try (again?) to spin the CD last night and it still did not stir me up at all. I was totally confused if this kind of music is considered as prog. The music is a blend of glam rock (those like Marc Bolan and T Rex) and psychedelic composed in poppy style. I don't know whether I have given a clear picture about this album to you or not. I'm probably totally wrong with this opinion as I only heard this album. The other albums may be good ones. So, I decided to give this album with two stars rating, i.e. for "Collectors / fans only" as I want to respect those King Crimson aficionado. I've just remembered a friend of mine who collected any CD where any member of Deep Purple, any MARK, has ever contributed and he came up with 300 plus CDs! Put this thing in perspective, I don't want to say that this is poor as I leave it up to you. For those who love King Crimson like my friend loves Deep Purple, this album might be a worthwhile purchase. Unfortunately, you've just missed mine which I've just sold it (today) to Jl. Surabaya (CDs secondary market in my country) for five bucks. It's a good deal as with additional two bucks I got Hawkwind CD (digipak). Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild mother Brown has lost her child, just another forgotten sons! - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#42009) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 08, 2005

Review by Cygnus X-2
2 stars Adrian Belew's first album of the 90s would ultimately be his weakest in my opinion. While there a few really good songs, there are some others that just feel like they shouldn't have made the cut and others that feel plain and are somewhat boring. Despite that, you'll also find two collaborations with David Bowie on the album (two of the best songs on the album are the Bowie ones) and a reworking of the classic King Crimson song Heartbeat, that while not as great as the original, suffices enough and is probably of the same quality. Having said that, the inclusion of this song could also give a hint that Belew wasn't at his creative best at this point so he needed something to fill the void. Whatever it is, Young Lions is the blemish of Adrian Belew's career (in my opinion of course).

There are some good songs here, though. Pretty Pink Rose was the single release from this album, and the collaboration between Belew and Bowie is great and Bowie sounds fantastic on this song. With Heartbeat, you can expect a more stripped down version of the piece (since Belew doesn't have the abilities on drums or bass of Bill Bruford or Tony Levin), and a version that makes you ask why he re-recorded the song in the first place. There's nothing different about it structurally or musically. Men In Helicopters (which would get a face-lift on Side Three as Men in Helicopters v4.0) is another great piece that has a nice chord progression and some thoughtful, poignant lyrics from Belew. Gunman is the finale to the album and the second David Bowie collaboration. Again, Bowie sounds great on this track and Belew was able to write some really interesting backing music for the piece.

In the end, Young Lions is probably the album you'll want to get last in the Belew catalog. It has some decent pieces, and some great pieces, but there's an odd feeling I get when I listen to this album. I can't recommend it to anyone. I can recommend it to fans of Belew's solo material, as you'll probably find some nice things here and there. But for the general public, don't by any means use this album as an entry point into the solo career of Adrian Belew.

Send comments to Cygnus X-2 (BETA) | Report this review (#110621) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 03, 2007

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
1 stars This isn't progressive rock- nothing here is. This Adrian Belew solo album consists of ten straightforward rock songs, most of which sound like bad ELO. Perhaps this is partially due to the fact that the album contains two covers, one of which is "Not Alone Anymore," originally by The Traveling Wilburys. The problem is, not only is this album devoid of any progressive elements, it's chock full of second-rate pop-rock. Unless one is looking to complete a Belew discography or simply likes simple rock, this one is best passed by.

"Young Lions" Probably the best song this weak record has to offer, the music itself seems like a cross between Jethro Tull and ELO, featuring good rhythm and a variety of sound. Belew's singing is good, as is his brief guitar solo.

"Pretty Pink Rose" Bowie wrote this upbeat song, and sang lead vocals on it. It's not bad, but it does sound like skating rink music.

"Heartbeat" This is a cover of the King Crimson song of the same name. It sounds almost like a typical pop track of 1980s.

"Looking for a U.F.O." This simply sounds like ELO from the 1980's with sock-hop like music. The lyrics express the idea that perhaps an extraterrestrial could visit earth to teach us how to "clean up our mess."

"I Am What I Am" This is something of an instrumental track in which Belew shows off his guitar work, both that with distortion and that without. The speaker is Nashville, Tennessee radio evangelist, Prophet Omega (whom Belew found out about through his friend Al Kooper), who broadcasted from his own apartment. Belew used his speeches in two other tracks on other albums.

"Not Alone Anymore" This is a cover of the song by The Traveling Wilburys; incidentally, it sounds like Jeff Lynne's most recent work as ELO, Zoom.

"Men in Helicopters" Yet another basic rock song, this one is upbeat and can be fun, but there isn't much substance to it. The lyrics are a ridiculous attempt at describing poetic justice regarding dolphin killers and poachers, and how, if there is a God, he should see how we treat the planet and "pull the plug on us" by snuffing out the sun. Yeah, because that'll help the animals.

"Small World" Tribal rhythms begin this one, which is full of ridiculous lyrics and consists of a quirky composition.

"Phone Call from the Moon" Starting with jazzy, R&B like sounds and the noise of a telephone dialing, this is a laid back track. Some of the lyrics are spoken as one half of a conversation. If I were pressed to compare it to anything, I would say this sounds like a weak track from The Police.

"Gunman" This is the song Bowie co-wrote with Belew. It's not really different from anything else from before, except the guitar work is a bit creative.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#193941) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 stars I think this is a really nice album. I like it a lot. Itīs obvious thatīs not a prog album, just pop songs. But it doesnīt mean that itīs bad. The opening track is great, and Bowie collaboration on the second and the closing tracks adds a little bit of glamour to the album. the King Crimson ... (read more)

Report this review (#100701) | Posted by Pieterland | Monday, November 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If one leans toward the murky or brutal sounds of Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and their ilk, this album is going to be difficult to appreciate. Anyone who loves the classic progressive rock bands who started off in the sixties and seventies (e.g., King Crimson, ELP, Yes, The Moody Blues) or got of ... (read more)

Report this review (#87548) | Posted by convocation | Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I have to agree with both rewievs. It's really hard to listen to this album more than once. It's boring, and in worse moments - irritating. It was published in 1990, and at this time things were getting better, generally, in rock music. But here it seems that we are deep in eighties. I accep ... (read more)

Report this review (#74492) | Posted by kajetan | Sunday, April 09, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADRIAN BELEW "Young Lions"