A KIND OF MAGIC

Buy QUEEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1986

1 One Vision (5:08)
2 Kind of Magic (4:23)
3 One Year of Love (4:26)
4 Pain Is So Close to Pleasure (4:19)
5 Friends Will Be Friends (4:07)
6 Who Wants to Live Forever (5:13)
7 Gimme the Prize (Kurgan's Theme) (4:32)
8 Don't Lose Your Head (4:35)
9 Princes of the Universe (3:30)
10 Forever* (instrumental) (3:20)
11 One Vision* (Extended Vision) (6:23)

Search QUEEN A Kind Of Magic lyrics

- Lynton Naiff / string arrangements
- Spike Edney / additional keyboards
- Steve Gregory / saxophone track 3
- Joan Armatrading / incidental vocals 8

1986 & 1991 Queen Productions ltd. Rereleased in 1991 by Hollywood records with 2 bonus tracks noted with an * in track listing. Produced by Queen, Mack and David Richards.

Thanks to tuxon for the addition

QUEEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEEN A Kind Of Magic Music

Queen: Greatest Hits I & IIQueen: Greatest Hits I & II
Hollywood Records 1995
Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)
Box set
Hollywood Records 2002
Live at the Rainbow (Deluxe Box Set)Live at the Rainbow (Deluxe Box Set)
Hollywood Records 2014
Vinyl$14.75
Queen - Queen Ii CD UMGD/HOLLYWOOD US $19.56 Buy It Now 30m 56s
Dickerson Walt - To My Queen CD US $14.17 Buy It Now 31m 46s
Queen Of The Flowers Works For Small Orchestra CD US $20.03 Buy It Now 32m 29s
Queen A DAY AT THE RACES LP Gatefold 7E-101 VG+/VG+ US $10.39 Buy It Now 32m 38s
QUEEN "Stone Cold Crazy" CD single 1992 Hollywood Records Trent Reznor PROMO US $5.99 [1 bids]
33m 7s
Queen - Live At Wembley Stadium CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 33m 10s
TARAMIS LP QUEEN OF THIEVES METAL BLADE 1988 US $21.59 Buy It Now 34m 33s
(BQ849) Sonic Dragolgo, Queen Also - DJ CD US $3.74 Buy It Now 36m 16s
Queen - Interview CD US $7.45 [0 bids]
41m 48s
Ken Dowd King and Queen/A Sad Story 45 RPM RCA Teen US $6.00 Buy It Now 42m 17s
Never You Mind by The New Amsterdams CD! LONELY HEARTS, GOODBYE, DRAMA QUEEN US $1.99 [0 bids]
46m 17s
Queen "Calling All Girls/Put Out The Fire" Canadian 7" White Label Promo US $7.45 [0 bids]
46m 47s
Queen The Game Australia Cassette Tape RARE! US $14.99 Buy It Now 47m 29s
QUEEN D Queen D's World / Rock It To Me Faster 12" orig 1989 US press hip hop NM US $2.99 Buy It Now 50m 10s
QUEEN KIND OF MAGIC 180 GRAM SEALED VINYL LP NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 50m 16s
Queen A Night At the Opera DCC 180g LP Steve Hoffman #0071 US $149.00 [0 bids]
53m 22s
Elegies Elegies: For Angels Punks & Raging Queen CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 57m 34s
FLASH GORDON soundtrack OST QUEEN MINT embossed cover Lp US $12.56 [0 bids]
59m 1s
SILO - ICE QUEEN CD - 4 track EP US $4.66 Buy It Now 1h
Unknown Artist The Snow Queen CD US $4.21 Buy It Now 1h
QUEEN - SELF-TITLED 1st LP - MINT condition - Oz Elektra - Freddie Mercury US $41.91 Buy It Now 1h 7m
BRIAN MAY of QUEEN + FRIENDS Japan 1983 NM 4 Tracks 12"+Obi STAR FLEET US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 2- Dble Vinyl LP-QUEEN,SMITHS,BOWIE,30 TRACKS US $54.01 Buy It Now 1h 11m
HEART * 45 * Little Queen * 1977 #62 * CLEAN ORIGINAL * USA PRESSING on PORTRAIT US $2.68 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BODY LANGUAGE QUEEN 45 RPM RECORD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
She's a Queen: A Collection of Greatest Hits by Queen Latifah Sealed New! US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
QUEEN 2 - NMINT 2nd LP - Oz Elektra - Freddie Mercury - Australia - Queen II TWO US $37.25 Buy It Now 1h 25m
QUEEN MOTHER RAGE - VANGLORIOUS LAW X-CLAN 1991 US $99.98 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody/You're My Best Friend - USA 45 rpm 7" single US $4.99 [1 bids]
Meredith Brooks Queen Latifah Lay Down Candles in the Rain Melanie Aphrodite US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
HORACE ANDY & RHYTHM QUEEN - ELEMENTARY original 1985 Rough Trade UK album US $24.42 [0 bids]
QUEEN - JAZZ - Great condition Oz Elektra LP - 1978 - Freddie Mercury -Australia US $32.60 Buy It Now 1h 42m
JOHNNY CASH 45 SUN-283 "Ballad Of A Teenage Queen" & "Big River" VG+! US $4.35 [3 bids]
NM- QUEEN Hot Space Lyrics Staying Power Dancer Body Language Life is Real Cool US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
ALLEZ ALLEZ African Queen SCALP Records 1A 03264674 Z LP near-mint vinyl US $21.00 Buy It Now 1h 56m
QUEEN LATIFAH - Black Reign LIKE NEW CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Soul Queen of New Orleans - Irma Thomas New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $17.20 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Purcell:fairy Queen/dido & Aeneas - B/esswood Valente New & Sealed CD Free Shipp US $23.49 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Heart-Little Queen-LP-Vinyl Record-Portrait-JRR34799-VG+ US $3.99 [0 bids]
MAE WEST - Queen of Sex SINGS SULTRY SONGS 16 hot ones US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
VINYL LP John Barry - Mary , Queen Of Scots (Original SoundTrack ) Decca US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
NEW - Queen of the Blues by Smith, Bessie US $5.75 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Pink Floyd/Queen Dark Side of the Moon-Wall-Wish You Were Here-Meddle Gold CDs US $155.45 [23 bids]
RPLA Last Night A Drag Queen Saved Your Life Promo CD single US $2.00 [0 bids]
Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love b/w Spread Your Wings 1979 45 VG+ US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
BESSIE SMITH Queen Of The Blues CD New Sealed US $13.92 Buy It Now 2h 42m
NEW ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 LIVE D360 White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
NEW ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 LIVE D360 White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
NEW ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 LIVE D360 White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $16.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Prog Psych LP: Gryphon ~ Red Queen To Gryphon Three ~ Bell 1316 US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Billy Ocean "Suddenly" Arista 8213 CARIBBEAN QUEEN Vinyl NM 1984 SHRINK US $5.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE MICHAEL AND QUEEN : FIVE LIVE CASSETTE TAPE US $3.79 Buy It Now 2h 46m
BEST SHIRT ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 F009 Black T Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $20.88 Buy It Now 2h 46m
BEST SHIRT ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 F009 Black T Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $21.88 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust b/w Don't Try Suicide 1980 45 VG US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Radio Show: FLASHBACK! 2/5/01 QUEEN, CARS, VAN HALEN, GEORGE SATELLITETS, CSN US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust b/w Don't Try Suicide 1980 45 EX US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
My Melody by Queen Pen (CD, 1997, Interscope) US $6.39 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Queen with George HW Bush promo-only cd Hard-To-Find We Are The Champions Remix US $124.99 [0 bids]
Rod Stewart 2003 J CD As Time Goes By Volume II SEALED! Queen Latifah Cher US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Luther Vandross 2003 CD Dance With My Father Beyonce Queen Latifah Busta Rhymes US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
QUEEN:self titled:EKS-75064 ELEKTRA RECORDS US $6.98 [0 bids]
Gutter Queen, Cable, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Drag Queen Music Mixes 4 CD SET volumes 21 thru 24 US $20.00 [0 bids]
Drag Queen Music Mixes 4 CD SET volumes 25 thru 28 US $20.00 [0 bids]
45 record excellent Queen you're my best friend 39 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Made in Heaven - Queen (Cassette 1987, Hollywood) in NM US $10.39 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Lot 2 CD PATRA Think (About It) JAPAN Import & Queen of the Pack CDs EUC US $14.99 [0 bids]
Queen, A night at the Opera US $7.00 [0 bids]
QUEEN + Paul Rodgers -The Cosmos Rocks CD 2008 Queen Touring NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
1980 Queen LP-The Game-Elektra/Asylum Records US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
PATTI PAGE the waltz queen US $0.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN We Are The Champions E-45090-A / We Will Rock You E-45090-B 45 RPM Record US $9.95 [0 bids]
JEANNIE C. RILEY "COUNTRY QUEEN" HILLTOP JS-6112 VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM US $8.00 [0 bids]
CAROL DOUGLAS-Greatest Hits/BROOKLYN NY-Disco(dancing)Queen/DOCTOR'S ORDERS/Cd's US $10.29 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Queen News of the World LP NM 6E-112 1977 US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
45 record Mint vinyl Queen sons and daughters keep yourself alive caterpillar US $56.00 [9 bids]
Drag Queen Music Mixes 4 CD SET volumes 1 thru 4 US $20.00 [0 bids]
45 record VG+ vinyl Queen killer queen flick of the wrist elektra caterpillar US $3.99 [0 bids]
45 record NMint Queen don't try suicide another one bites the dust US $4.99 [0 bids]
QUEEN PEN MAN BEHIND THE MUSIC RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSINGLE! TEDDY RILEY US $17.69 Buy It Now 3h 46m
ORGANIZED NOIZE SET IT OFF ANDREA MARTIN QUEEN LATIFAH NEW ZEALAND CASSINGLE! US $17.69 Buy It Now 3h 46m
QUEEN - The Very Best Of VG 1996 Polytel/Polygram Canada 740 080-2 rare 2cd US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
45 record excellent vinyl Queen bohemian rhapsody I'm in love with my car US $4.49 [0 bids]
New ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 No.006 Best Seller White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $14.88 Buy It Now 3h 56m
New ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 No.006 Best Seller White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $17.88 Buy It Now 3h 56m
New ADAM LAMBERT QUEEN TOUR 2014 No.006 Best Seller White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $15.88 Buy It Now 3h 56m
45 record NMint vinyl Queen body language life is real {song for Lennon} US $5.99 [0 bids]
Queen Latifah / Bananas / NEAR MINT nm TEST PRESSING 4 tracks 12" Single US $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Amalia Rodrigues - Queen of Fado (CD, SPA, Portugal) US $9.97 Buy It Now 4h 6m
NOOR JAHAN MEMORABLE SONGS OF MELODY QUEEN LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
DISNEY Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Veggie Tunes: A Queen, a King, and a Very Blue Berry, , Good US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
BRIAN MAY PP SIGNED & FRAMED 10X8" INCH PHOTO REPRO QUEEN US $24.91 Buy It Now 4h 13m

More places to buy QUEEN music online Buy QUEEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEEN A Kind Of Magic ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(7%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(27%)

QUEEN A Kind Of Magic reviews

Review by clarke2001
2 stars Let's see if we can squeeze anything good of the famous band that went pop: the year is 1986. You're right, not much. Especially not much from the progressive rock point of view.

For the beginning, let us eliminate two awful fillers: "One Year Of Love" and "Pain Is So Close To Pleasure". Avoid these tracks at all costs. Give them a try only if you are fan of cheesy SPANDAU BALLET-like ballads.

Two down, nine to go. Let's move further: "One Vision", "A Kind Of Magic", "Friends Will Be Friends" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" were all present on the chart, and they are all well-known so I won't give them much attention here. The only exception here is "Who Wants To Live Forever", beautiful ballad (with slight touch of prog perhaps), and possibly the best song utilising Yamaha DX7 synthesizer. I'm not a big fan of digital technology and tiny, belly, plastic synth sounds, but these synth pads are just gorgeous and they work perfectly well here. This is the most well-known song from the movie "Highlander". However, this album is not a soundtracks in its entirety, but 4 songs were included in the motion picture, and "One Vision" was included (I think) in the movie "Iron Eagle".

One more fact, slightly off-topic: speaking of synthesizers in "Who Wants To Live Forever", I think that DX7 synth (along with Brian's guitar) represented the trademark of the QUEEN sound in the 80's in a same vain that Freddie's Bechstein piano in the 70's.

The remaining tracks were all included in the "Highlander movie": "Don't Lose Your Head", "Gimme The Prize" and "Princes Of The Universe". All of these are silly, heavy-metal-pop songs in the vain of POISON or EUROPE...oh my God. However, they are not bad at all, they are all high-quality pop tracks, with excellent guitar works from Mr. May, and 80's sound mannerism (that sounds nice to my ears simply because of nostalgic reasons). Brian is providing us solo on the guitar imitating Scottish bagpipes (aha!! prog-folk!! gotcha!), there are some sounds from the movie included (not in a terrible way like on "Flash Gordon"), and last but not the least, there are occasional spice of prog.

Bonus tracks are "Forever", lovely, piano-driven, instrumental version of "Who wants to live forever" and it is excellent. The extended version of "One Vision" is not to be confused with the "Blurred Vision", a B-side of "One Vision" maxi-single from 1985.

This album is essential if: you are a QUEEN fan, you are 80's heavy-pop fan, you are Christopher Lambert fan.

I really can't deny the fact that this album is a good one, actually. Not comparable to QUEEN peaks, but really an enjoyable listening. However, I won't rate it with three stars simply because it won't appeal to the most of the prog rock fans. Two and a half stars rounded to two, but these two are well-deserved ones. Not bad.

Send comments to clarke2001 (BETA) | Report this review (#102359) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 10, 2006

Review by Gatot
2 stars To me, with the release of this album Queen had demonstrated a real decline in their career, musically. It's probably this album was a success commercially but as usual I did not pay attention to a commercial success. If it happens the music is good and commercially successful, ten it's really okay. Through "A Kind of Magic" Queen tried to proof their existence in pop and rock arena. Some songs featured here are industrial in nature - with many loops and programming. This is a good example that even with virtuosity in skills of its individual member there must be good vision and direction on the music which ties all core competence into one cohesive whole: good music and tight compositions. Of course, I'm not saying this is a bad album but it's definitely below the standard of their potentials. Some tracks with good lyrics include "One Vision" and "Friends Will Be Friends". Other tracks that I consider good are: "Gimme The Prize" which represents the classic sound of Queen through Brian's guitar work, and "Don't Lose Your Head". This track reminds me to Saga as the portion of keyboards is quite dominant and the music flows like in a loop fashion. "Princes of the Universe" is actually not a bad track at all.

Overall, I would not recommend you to buy this album unless you are a die hard fan of Queen. For this, I clearly understand as you might be wondering how the band sounds like a decade after its existence in rock music. Keep on rockin' ..!

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#121021) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 07, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars After their great performance during the fantastic "Live Aid" concerts, one was expecting something better than such an album from "Queen".

The second soundtrack from the band. Slightly better than the awful "Flash Gordon" (but some people might tell you that it sucked so much that it was not difficult to do better). Surprisingly, the opening number "One Vision" will not appear on the "Highlander" movie but well on "Iron Eagle" released a year later. This is a typical "Queen" song : bombastic vocals, great chorus and a catchy melody. Fully pop- oriented as the following and title track. These songs don't belong to their most praised ones by their early fan database (but who from them are still fans in 1986? I wasn't any longer to be honest).

Mercury is just doing too much of a circus during "One year Of Love". Almost a pastiche of himself! Press next to avoid this syrupy and useless ballad (even if some good sax is featured). This album seriously lacks in great song writing, but of course there has been a long time since the band released a very good album, and this one is not even close to reach this level.

Mostly pop-oriented it holds some very weak songs : "Pain Is So Close" sounding as a poor Hall & Oates number. Press next. Pop is the word on this album, but I admit that "Friends Will Be Friends" holds many of the ingredients that made "Queen" famous. Some fine guitar notes are sustaining this good number after all. The last two songs were not featured in the movie.

This album is also more on the soft side than usual (at least these awful disco beats are mostly omitted). "Who Wants To Live Forever" is a very poignant song and even if heavy orchestrations are featured I succumb to its fantastic construction. Brilliant vocal section, atmospheric (but short) instrumental middle part and a bombastic final part ending rather smoothly. Did you say "Queen"?

I guess that by this time, one has the right to say : "Can Queen still rock"? Yes, they can. The heavy rock "Gimme The Prize" is there to prove this but this song is a weak example of their rocking angle. Totally uninspired.

The band reverts to their poor sound from the eighties with "Don't Lose Your Head". Electro beats full of synthetic sounds. Press next. Please. Some Rhapsody like vocals to start the closing Princes Of The Universe which is a good rock song where melody also plays an important role. This song brings us several years back in their repertoire. One of my fave from this average work. Needless to tell you that you shouldn't expect any prog in here. Maybe for their next album?

Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160559) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 02, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars "There can be only one!"

In the 70's Queen was primarily an albums band. They did release singles even back then, but the album was clearly the important format for them (as for most Rock bands in the 70's, especially for those with any progressive aspirations). In the 80's, however, Queen (again, like many other Rock bands in those times) transformed into more of a singles band. If I'm not mistaken, every track from this album was either an a-side or a b-side on a single! Further, as many as five of the album's nine tracks had music videos made for them! All this is strong evidence that the album format was not as important as singles and music videos at this time and, sadly, the album suffered somewhat as a result. However, there is a loose concept or common theme to several of the songs on A Kind Of Magic (due to the fact that these songs were written for the film Highlander) that helps to hold it together very well in the end.

The most obvious sign of the fact that the band put priority on making strong singles and music videos rather than making a strong album is the presence on this album of a few songs that do not stand up very well on their own. In the 70's the songs that were released as singles were almost never the most interesting or best songs, but in the 80's - and particularly so on the present album - this was clearly the case. Several of the songs from this album are very good and a few of them are even truly excellent!

The album opens on a high note with One Vision and closes in even stronger fashion with the powerful Princes Of The Universe. Who Wants To Live Forever is, however, the centerpiece of the album. This is a truly beautiful song! Brian May gets a rare vocal performance here at the start of the song and his voice fits in perfectly and blends very well with the much more powerful voice of Freddie. The vocals, the lyrics, the guitars, the drums and the full symphony orchestra make this track into a very powerful and emotional moment. This is simply a great symphonic power ballad, and a definitive Rock classic. A true masterpiece song! Friends Will Be Friends is a real arena anthem with a strong chorus and great guitar play and a great instrumental break and guitar solo. The vocals are, needless to say, simply excellent.

Even though several songs from this album were used in the film Highlander, only Gimme The Prize has obvious connections to the film, incorporating pieces of conversation from the movie. Otherwise, this song is the hardest rocking and most guitar oriented track on this album. Sadly, I think that the dialogue from the film is slightly distracting and takes away from what otherwise could have been a another great song. It does, however, have an amazing guitar driven passage that starts at 2:36 into the track. This part sounds like it is inspired by the music of the Scottish highlands i.e. the melody sounds Celtic. I really love that part! The title track, on the other hand, is not a big favourite of mine. The beat is a bit too static and funky for my tastes. However, the song is saved by some really great guitar work towards the end.

One Year Of Love, Pain Is So Close To Pleasure and Don't Lose Your Head are the least good songs here and they are among the least good songs Queen ever recorded. But in the context of the other songs here, they still work to my satisfaction. The first of these songs includes a saxophone part which is very unexpected on a Queen album. Needless to say, these songs bring the album down a bit. But thankfully, they are reasonably well hidden among the other, far better, songs.

This album is, admittedly, uneven. The cover art is quite awful too, which further distracts from its value. But the better songs are so good that I cannot but give this album a high rating despite the few weak moments.

A Kind Of Magic was the best Queen album since A Day At The Races and remain highly enjoyable for me today after many years of listening.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#189927) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Queen at the peak, but the comercial peak not musicaly. Another chart album in Queen's career, another 2-3 pieces in top 100, money, money everywhere but what about the music. Not much about this album to talk about, at least from progressive perspectiv this is a zero album, in fact I stopped to judge a Queen album from prog view from Jazz from 1978, the last intristing album both for usual listner and for prog conoseurs aswell. From that album I only say my opinion as a usual listner, this time is Kind of magic from 1986. From here I can extract only 2-3 good pieces that I like:Don't Lose Your Head, Kind of Magic and One Vision, the rest are not realy bad, but totaly unintristing for my taste. Queen took a wrong path sincee The game, a pop orientation with some rock flovours here and there, with this album is no diffrent. So a 2 star album for me, weaker than The works and mmuch weaker then the next one The miracle. Fans only.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#209100) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009

4 stars 8/10 I have to say: I love Queen too much to give low ratings for their albums. When I did, meant that they had reached rock bottom (to read Flash and Hot Space). But after a great shift in The Works they continue to enchant me with A Kind of Magic. This album is a sort of unofficial sound ... (read more)

Report this review (#744229) | Posted by voliveira | Wednesday, April 25, 2012 | Review Permanlink

2 stars A Kind of Magic ? 1986 (1.6/5) Nearly one star. 7 ? Best Song: Pain is so Close to Pleasure Ohh boy, what a [&*!#]! Magic? Yeah, it'd take a [%*!#]ing mystical wizard to come up with something as mindboggling and terrible as this album. Ugh, I hate being so rough when Works was so solid, but ... (read more)

Report this review (#445884) | Posted by Alitare | Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I just noticed, that after reviewing every sound Queen has slapped on record, I somehow missed this disc, a late 1980's Queen that was little by little trying to find their old sound. After their comeback in 1984 with The Works (and I say comeback because of the tragedy that was Hot Space in 198 ... (read more)

Report this review (#191008) | Posted by silversaw | Saturday, November 29, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I Really liked this album. It starts out with a great rocker "1 Vision". The rest is a little on the poppy and melodic side but the tunes are quite enjoyable. Side 2 of the album (Mostly the songs from Highlander) were great and powerful songs as well. From the power ballad "Who Wants To Live F ... (read more)

Report this review (#58001) | Posted by | Saturday, November 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This album is quite ordinary. Very 80s pop sounding, because that's all it really is. This is the bad side of Queen, when they went synth crazy, not that synth's are necessarily bad however Queen here are going for a heavy sound on most tracks and the core of the music, in which everything is ... (read more)

Report this review (#41393) | Posted by | Wednesday, August 03, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Well, I like parts of this album. However the first half is mostly pop garbage filler, except for Friends will be friends, which is still pop, but its better. However this album is not prog in any way. The second half dominates. All these songs were used as the Soundtrack to Highlander, a ... (read more)

Report this review (#41055) | Posted by | Sunday, July 31, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEEN "A Kind Of Magic"