SANCTUS IGNIS

Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Second Sight (6:07)
2. The Inner Road (5:45)
3. In Nomine... (5:04)
4. The Stringless Violin (7:00)
5. Seven Lands Of Sin (11:40)
6. Order Of Enlil (4:19)
7. Sanctus Ignis (4:07)
8. Panem Et Circences (5:21)
9. Immigrant Song (4:55)
10. Bonus track: Niflheim (4:05)

Search ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis lyrics

- David Readman / vocals
- Franck Hermanny / bass

SPV SPV 085-41572
Limb Music Products LMP 0105-031

ADAGIO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis Music

Sanctus IgnisSanctus Ignis
LMP 2001
Toccata e fuga BWV 565 (1708) in re Toccata adagio e fuga BWV 564 in DO (1708 17 US $4.62 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Mozart,W.A. - Violin Concertos Adagio Rondo [CD New] US $17.39 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Tchaikovsky/Dvorak/Chopin/Suk/Karlowicz - Adagio Cantabile From Souveni [CD New] US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Adagio 2 - More Famous Adagios [CD New] US $8.87 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Unknown Artist Go for Baroque, Vol. 2: Albinonis Adagio CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Adagio Mozart CD (1997) US $7.24 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Dr. Draw : Adagio CD (2007) US $9.09 Buy It Now 2h 59m
*GARY KARR ~ ADAGIO D'ALBINONI ~ CISCO 24K GOLD GCD 8003* [Ultra Rare US $108.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
ALFREDO ARACIL - ALFREDO ARACIL: ADAGIO CON VARIACIONES; TRES IMAGINES - NEW CD US $15.35 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Adagio - CD. Excellent condition US $9.99 [0 bids]
AFTER HOURS CLASSICS VOL 3 - HAYDN, DVORAK: ADAGIO / VIENNA - NEW CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 6h
Pachelbel: Canon; Mozart: Eine kleine Nachtmusik; Albinoni: Adagio (CD,... US $0.49 [1 bids]
VARIOUS ARTISTS/VARI - ADAGIO, VOL. 2 - NEW CD US $16.75 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Bach Skram Hoff Genetay - Concerto In D Minor Adagio CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Adagio For Strings & Organ In G Minor CD US $17.04 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Adagio Trio - Celtic Heart CD Pop Folk & Traditional US $17.45 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Viotti Boccherini Mozart Rimonda - Adagio & Rondeau For Cello & Orchestra CD US $16.31 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Bach J.S. - Toccata Adagio & Fugue C Major CD Single US $11.71 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Adagio for Relaxation - Mozart, Mascagni, Beethoven, Bruch, Albinoni, Mahler... US $1.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Adagio ** GUITAR TABS * Lesson Software CD (18 SONGS) US $6.95 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Romantic Adagio: Karajan (CD, Jan-1997, DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $3.69 Buy It Now 7h 20m
I Musici - Albinoni Adagio Oboe & Violin Concertos - 6570 085 NM/NM LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h
, Adagio Greatest Hits Audio CD US $5.76 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Robert Haydon Clark - Albinoni Adagio & Pachelbel Canon CD US $1.00 [0 bids]
Tchaikovsky Dvorak Chopin Suk Karlowicz Adagio Cantabile From Souvenir De Floren US $22.66 Buy It Now 10h 32m
W.A. Mozart - Violin Concertos Adagio Rondo CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 10h 32m
Soapy Bubble by Trip Adagio (CD, Jun-2003, Allure Records) US $6.99 Buy It Now 11h 39m
ADAGIO: A WINDHAM HILL COLLECTION / VARIOUS NEW CD US $22.89 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Mahler Mahler: Adagio CD (UK Import) NEW US $9.18 Buy It Now 12h 5m
I Musici - Complete Concertos Op. 9/Adagio For Organ & String [CD New] US $12.03 Buy It Now 12h 39m
ADAGIO FOR STRINGS - NEW CD US $6.80 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Mozart: Oboe Quartet, K370; Oboe Quintet, K406; Adagio, K580 by Lajos Lencsés... US $2.04 [3 bids]
TV 34135S - ALBINONI - Adagio For Organn & Strings - Excellent Con LP Record US $13.58 Buy It Now 12h 58m
JEAN POUGNET Violin Adagio in E for Violin & Orchestra 12" 78 COLUMBIA DX957 US $22.08 Buy It Now 13h 27m
BARBER, SAMUEL - BARBER: ADAGIO FOR STRINGS - NEW CD US $4.07 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Herbert Von Karajan - Summer Adagio (1997) - Used - Audio Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 14h 48m
MOZART, WOLFGANG AMA - MOZART: GREAT MASS IN C MINOR; ADAGIO AND FUGUE - NEW CD US $30.31 Buy It Now 15h 10m
Zukerman: Mozart Concerto K. 218, Adagio K. 261, etc. - CBS Masterworks M 37839 US $27.97 Buy It Now 15h 11m
PACHELBEL, JOHANN - PACHELBEL: CANON/ALBINONI: ADAGIO - NEW CD US $7.91 Buy It Now 15h 12m
ADAGIO a Special Collection of Orchestral classics US $0.99 [0 bids]
SWEETBOX ADAGIO JAPAN CD F6868 US $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Schubert - Trout, Adagio E Flat, Violoncello Op.148 - Nash Ensemble - CRD1052 LP US $6.78 Buy It Now 17h 31m
Various(Vinyl LP)Adagio-Deutsche Grammophon-2535 606-UK-VG/VG US $16.98 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Karajan: Adagio by Leon Spierer, David Bell (CD, 1989, DG) NEW FACTORY SEALED US $9.60 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue; Barber: Adagio; Copland;... US $6.16 Buy It Now 18h 40m
Adagio Albinoni (CD, May-1997, Naxos (Distributor)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pachelbel: Canon; Albinoni: Adagio - Paillard ERATO SEALED US $15.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
2535 606 - ADAGIO - Albinoni / Bach - Ex Con LP Record US $13.58 Buy It Now 19h 14m
EMERALD RAIN/ADAGIO - SANCTUS IGNIS [EMERALD RAIN/ADAGIO] - NEW CD US $13.79 Buy It Now 19h 23m
Handel,G.F. - Son Vn (8)/Adagio/Allegro [CD New] US $13.05 Buy It Now 19h 37m
KARL MUNCHINGER pachelbel kanon / albinoni adagio LP Sealed 411 973-1 Vinyl 1986 US $17.50 Buy It Now 19h 41m
100 Best Adagio Voices [CD New] US $18.18 Buy It Now 19h 50m
Schumann,C. - Adagio [CD New] US $12.80 Buy It Now 19h 50m
Winter Gift, Adagio Trio, Acceptable US $9.86 Buy It Now 20h 34m
UCHIDA, MITSUKO Mozart Two Sonatas,Adagio,Gigue DUTCH PHILIPS 412 616-1 MINT US $89.00 Buy It Now 20h 51m
Karajan: Adagio, , Good US $6.39 Buy It Now 21h 39m
SWEETBOX Adagio w/ 4 BONUS TRX UNRELEASED JAPAN PRESS CD USA Seller AVCD17405 US $24.99 Buy It Now 22h 2m
ADAGIO - SANCTUS IGNIS NEW CD US $23.27 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Mladi, Pohadka, Otce Nas, Adagio No. 2 (The Lindsays), Leos Janacek, Very Good US $9.64 Buy It Now 22h 50m
BEST ADAGIO VOICES 100 / VARIOUS NEW CD US $27.52 Buy It Now 22h 58m
Jacqueline Du Pre Cello Dvorak Concerto, Silent Woods & Adagio Record LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
LOLA BOBESCU ALBINONI ADAGIO ROSSINI ETC. DUTCH DG 2544 044 US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 26m
KURT REDEL PACHELBEL Baroques Air and Adagio FG-272 LP Ab3729 US $14.99 [0 bids]
I MUSICI ALBINONI Adagio & Concertos 18PC-5 OBI LP Ab2719 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Adagio: a Windham Hill Collection US $12.04 Buy It Now 23h 40m
I MUSICI Mozart Adagio and Fugue IN C minor K 546 Philips 45PS EX+ US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Piotr Moss - Symphonie concertante . Adagio III . Portraits US $11.03 Buy It Now 1 day
RAVEL/BOLERO-MOZART/NACHTMUSIK-SMETANA/MOLDAU-ALBINONI/ADAGIO-CD US $3.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Mozart: Piano Sonatas, Adagio, Rondo; Horowitz piano MINT CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MAHLER: ABBADO - SYMFONI 1/ADAGIO SYMFONI 10 (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Joio: The Triumph of Saint Joan Chaconne & Finale/Barber: Adagio ... (CD 1993) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE 7" HOFFMANN WENZINGER - MOZART adagio & rondo K.617 ARCHIV EP US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Various Artists Albinoni: Adagio for Organ & Strings, Pa CD US $7.08 Buy It Now 1 day
BARBER'S ADAGIO MUSIC CASSETTE TAPE/1997/DAVID PIZARRO,JAMES GALWAY US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Albinoni Adagio Vivaldi Gabrieli Jannequin Classical LP Vinyl Record 1977 US $2.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Debussy:Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune" :Adagio-Schonberg:" LP German Import US $4.95 [0 bids]
King The Super Analogue Disc Gary Karr I Adagio D'Albinoni /I Cisco Sealed US $49.99 [0 bids]
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Adagio of whisper - Japan CD - 10Tracks US $13.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Paavo Jarvi,Frankfurt Symphony,NEW CD,Mahler: 4 Movements (Totenfeier/Adagio (fr US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
George Skaroulis Adagio CD (Chris Spheeris Music) Nov 2001 - Evzone Music - EUC! US $8.90 Buy It Now 1 day
CASALS, Pablo. BACH. Adagio/ GRANADOS. Goyescas. Intermezzo. Victor 6501. E+ US $25.00 [0 bids]
Pachelbel Kanon / Albinoni Adagio, Richard Hickox Orchestra: London STS 15441 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALBINONI: ADAGIO, PACHELBEL: CANON / Herbert von Karajan / DG 1984 W-Germany US $9.99 [0 bids]
Adagio for Relaxation Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand New US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - Paul the Young Dude by Adagio US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Mahler Symphony 5 , 10 ( ADAGIO ) James Levine Rca Red Seal 2 lp Box US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber: Adagio for Strings, etc / Golschmann, et al, , , Very Good US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio - Sanctus Ignis [CD New] US $13.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber,S. - Adagio [CD New] US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAUL MAURIAT Adagio - Best 25 JAPAN CD OBI SEALED 1997 US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Schumann/Beethoven - Adagio & Allegro/Trio Clar/Son (1996) - Used - Audio C US $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Davidson ADAGIO MUSIC FOR MASSAGE CD Living Arts Records 2000 GREAT MUSIC US $0.98 [0 bids]
Herbert von Karajan - Adagio, Herbert von Karajan [Conductor],, Very Good US $1.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists Adagio - Karajan 2 CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CHANCE MORRISON SYMPHONY CD MEGA RARE FACTORY SEALED NEW MINT ADAGIO SPAVALDO US $9.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio. 767591500226 US $46.07 Buy It Now 1 day
MAHLER / SCHOENBERG - Adagio No. 10 - NEUMANN - SUPRAPHON US $11.99 [1 bids]
RICHIE BEIRACH-JAZZ ADAGIO-JAPAN MINI LP CD 1215 C75 US $20.50 Buy It Now 1 day
BARBER Horizon/Adagio for Strings/Capricorn Concerto CD San Diego CO, D. BARRA US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Herbert von Karajan - Adagio - Deutsche Grammophon 2530 247 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ADAGIO music online Buy ADAGIO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADAGIO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis ratings distribution

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis reviews

Review by Vanwarp
4 stars Adagio is the creation of french premier guitarist Stephan Forte. In 2001, he surrounded himself with some very capable musicians for his debut album. He got David Readman (Pink Cream 69) on vocals and Dirk Bruinenberg (Elegy) on drums. Stephan Forte programmed the keyboards himself and obtained the services of Richard Anderssen of Majestic for all the complex keyboard solo parts. To round out the band you got Franck Hermanny on bass.

So, who is Stephan Forte?

At a very young age, Forte was heavily influenced by guitar virtuoso Ygnwie Malmsteen, and later by artists such as Shawn Lane and Allan Holdsworth. After practicing an average of 10 hours a day for what must have been most of his childhood life, Forte breezed into the prestigious "Ecole des Musiques Actuelles de Nancy" in France. His penchant for "baroque" music and "neo-classical" influences can be found spread all over his debut album.

Forte's guitar playing is simply impeccable. At times he will remind you of Yngwie Malmsteen and at other moments John Petrucci. You want specifics, then check out his commanding solos on the second half of "Panem et Circences" or his outstanding guitar work on the instrumental "Order of Enlil." In fact, you can actually select any track and find some truly amazing guitar work.

What to expect from Adagio's debut album?

The music here is heavy and very intense and true Symphonic Prog Metal doesn't get any better than this. Classical influences abound, progressive elements throughout, some double bass drums, passionate piano passages, crunchy guitar riffs and amazing guitar and keyboard solos, its all here for your enjoyment! There's no denying Forte's strong songwriting abilities. For orchestration purposes Forte used the "Avigon Symphony Orchestra" and for choir sections, "The Ensemble Vocal de Lyon."

Lets move on to the tracks, shall we?

What a great opener "Second Sight" is, just a wonderful song from beginning to end. The listener is introduced to Adagio in all its glory with piano, choir, orchestrations and great guitar lines in tow.

"The Inner Road" moves along a little more aggressively while "In Nomine" is a little more classically influenced and ranks as one of the highlights on the album.

The organ intro to "The Stringless Violin" left me breathless for a moment. This is an awesome track about facing death and accepting your life for what it is...a very emotional and powerful moment on the album! So much variety, so very rich, so very fulfilling!

"The Seven Lands of Sin" lies at the heart of the album. This epic track encompasses everything you might possibly want to know about Adagio.

"Panem and Circences" is another FAV of mine. This track just grew on me with each listen of the album, and of all the tracks I found myself anxious to hear this one again the most. The whole album is great but this track sort-a sticks out from the bottom half of the album for me!

What to say about Adagio's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"? It is a refreshing interpretation...perhaps not the best I've heard but good nonetheless. The album includes a bonus track titled "Niflheim", 4 extra minutes of music for a total playing time of 58m35s.

There is an effortless feel and flow to Adagio's music. You will be mesmerized by it as well! I have always enjoyed progressive metal & symphonic power metal, but with the coming of Adagio, the quality of the music had never reached this level of overall satisfaction with me.

Genre & Style of Music played here - Progressive Symphonic Neo-classical Metal. Similar in a way to: Therion, Royal Hunt, Blind Guardian, Symphony X and Stratovarius.

Send comments to Vanwarp (BETA) | Report this review (#41745) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 05, 2005

Review by Gatot
5 stars Great Symphonic Power Metal album!

Having been satisfied with the "Underworld" album, my journey to Adagio's music continues with "Sanctus Ignis" - the band's debut album in 2001. To my surprise, I also enjoy this album very much. Now I understand why my colleague metal friend Michelle told me long time ago that the band named as ADAGIO was a great and I thought that it must had been a metal band. Why? I heard the name of the band from a friend who is a metal head. He always talk about metal bands - of course including Dream Theater, Kamelot, Stratovarious and Yngwie Malmsteen.

My first spin of "Sanctus Ignis" just started, I think, about a month ago when I made a decision to ride a bicycle to work. Well, nothing matter actually for most people but it meant something for me. The first day I biked to work was started while listening to the full album of "Sanctus Ignis" and I did enjoy it very well. My journey of approx 50 KM (home - office - home) knew nothing on being tired or bored with the journey, even it made it fruitful and entertaining. Especially, I used a decent Senheizer earphone with a good audio quality that made my PDA MP3 player transmitted great quality. Of course, I did not enjoy this album only while biking. I did spin it also at home to get full enjoyment of the album.

Why liking this album?

There are many reasons on why I like this album very much despite the fact that this kind of music can be heard with bands like Symphony X, Kamelot, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Well, what I can tell you is that Adagio music is much grandiose than the others especially on combining the orchestra into their power metal style. I elaborate the reasons on liking this album as follows:

Power. Oh yeah . this album has "power" to elevate your emotion - well, it does happen with me in many occasion. There is no such thing as mellow track offered by Adagio throughout the contents of this album. All tracks full with energy and they flow nicely from opening track "Second Sight" right way through to bonus track "Niflheim". When I heard the opening track "Second Sight" my pulse ran faster than normal rate and my emotion boosted like a rocket. I feel like I'm running to my final destiny of life. It's very captivating right from the intro part, interlude of guitar solo by the band's leader Stephan Forté. Oh yes, of course there are some transition pieces where the music take curve lines into softer part with a very nice (and wonderful!) clavinet work like in approx minute 5:29. Oh my God . I like this music break! It continues beautifully with great guitar solo and powerful riffing of second track "The Inner Road" (5:45) where my pulse run even faster now because the music is more energetic. The peak of all power the music of this album produces is when the album title track is being played. Oh man .. It's so powerful and it serves as true pulse accelerator for me. This title track might be considered as normal power metal tune but it has great melody and wonderful interlude parts with classical touch and stunning guitar solo. Oh, I almost forget, that this also has powerful riffing!!!

Neat Composition. Power itself does not mean anything for me if the music is not neatly composed and put in an excellent arrangement. Fortunately, Adagio seems masterful on this issue because all of the nine tracks of this album are neatly composed. Bravo Stephan! And remember . this is just the beginning of the band's career and they demonstrated their capability already to the progressive metal world that they can compose excellent music. Why I say so is because of throughout the music Adagio offers many great subtleties that are lumped together nicely into the music. This includes how the band combines orchestral parts into different movements of the music. Of important notice is the band's interpretation of Led Zeppelin's legendary song "Immigrant Song" which the band takes instrumental approach to express their interpretation. Oh man, this is one of great covers that I ever encounter in rock music world. Adagio takes different approach in melody of the song and only maintains the riffs. The interlude part with eastern nuance plus violin work is truly amazing!

Melody. This wraps up everything required for an excellent music. If I got power and neat composition without excellent melody, it's gonna be a catastrophe for me. But that is NOT the case with this album. Each individual has its own nice melody that makes the music flows naturally and beautifully without any little flaw. The band has combined all the elements nicely: power, composition and melody so that the result is very captivating. Imagine if the band only sings the melody without good arrangement and necessary power (to add "drive") - it's gonna be a "dull" music. Even with the simple melody like track 3 "In Nomine ." (5:04), it tends to be boring. But the band has brilliantly added the classical touches and orchestration, plus excellent guitar and keybord works. It becomes so wonderful.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Even though I appreciate this album highly, it might not fit your tastes. I try to figure out things that might not favor you for liking this album. First, if you do not enjoy any music with metal parts / influenced, you'd better not to buy this CD. Second, if your tastes so far are revolving around symphonic prog music like old King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, it's gonna be difficult for you to accept (and therefore appreciate) this album fairly. Third, you might be an Yngwie Malmsteen fan and feel getting bored with what so called neo-classical metal. Fourth, you want to hear something new because this kind music is not invented by Adagio. There were bands that did similar things before Adagio.

For me personally, this album deserves five stars rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110650) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

4 stars Adagio's debut was a very promising album, filled with excellent musicianship, solid songwriting, and fairly good production. This album, along with the follow-up Underworld, are both excellent neo-classical progressive albums. Additionally, this album is the only one by Adagio that is completely ... (read more)

Report this review (#294955) | Posted by Mystery | Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Are they the European counterpart to Symphony X?, I don't think so, it's more than that. They're born not as a response to someone or something else. They create a balance between harmony and a wise sense of their musical faculties manifesting the way they feel the music and not trying to be a ... (read more)

Report this review (#233755) | Posted by Epsilon | Friday, August 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A NICE DEBUT WITH SOME THINGS TO FIX It's been a while since I reviewed my last album, and I think it's time to get back to the business. This is the first release that these French guys delivered to the Progressive Metal Scene and I think it's a pretty decent debut with its remarkable things ... (read more)

Report this review (#136307) | Posted by MadcapLaughs84 | Tuesday, September 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album from the "French" act is based in a deep influence from the neo-classic rock (in a Malmsteen's way) and mixed with progressive elements (in this case sometimes). The guitar's work from the future guitar master Stephan Forté is absolutely great, in each note he catches the enough ins ... (read more)

Report this review (#108743) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Adagio is a symphonic prog/power metal band built around french guitarist Stefan Forté. As a french guy too, it's a shame I didn't discover this band earlier, because the music played here is of top quality. It's heavy, fast paced, very symphonic metal with a lot of classical influences, a cro ... (read more)

Report this review (#73788) | Posted by zaxx | Saturday, April 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADAGIO "Sanctus Ignis"