SANCTUS IGNIS

Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Second Sight (6:07)
2. The Inner Road (5:45)
3. In Nomine... (5:04)
4. The Stringless Violin (7:00)
5. Seven Lands Of Sin (11:40)
6. Order Of Enlil (4:19)
7. Sanctus Ignis (4:07)
8. Panem Et Circences (5:21)
9. Immigrant Song (4:55)
10. Bonus track: Niflheim (4:05)

Search ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis lyrics

- David Readman / vocals
- Franck Hermanny / bass

SPV SPV 085-41572
Limb Music Products LMP 0105-031

ADAGIO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis Music

Slatkin - Vaughan-Williams: Fantasia.../Barber: Adagio... NM LP (Telarc, 1981) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Music for Meditation "Adagio" Albinoni Vivaldi Purcell & More Music CD US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 33m
BARBER**SYMPHONY 2/ADAGIO FOR STRINGS**CD US $8.93 Buy It Now 1h 44m
ARTHUR FIEDLER 12" 78 RPM BACH Adagio / Fantasia in C Major US $15.75 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Bobby Mitchell - Hadyn: Fortepiano Sonatas, Adagio & Variations (NEW CD) US $21.29 Buy It Now 2h 16m
MOZART,SCHUMANN,,ALLEGRO,ADAGIO,HAYDN CONCERTOS STEREO RECORD ALBUM US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
YUDINA, MARIA Mozart Sonata #11,Adagio,Rondo MELODIYA D016881 NM US $69.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Pachelbel Kanon/Albinoni Adagio/Stuttgart Orchestra Karl Munchinger 1978 lp VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Schubert: Piano Quintet "Trout"; Adagio and Rondo Concertante, D. 487, New Music US $8.02 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Karl MŘnchinger ?- Kanon / Adagio / Air / Minuet US $9.75 [0 bids]
Karajan. Strauss (Metamorphosen)+Mozart (Adagio)+Beethoven. DGG 2530 066. NM US $13.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Vivaldi: The four seasons; Albinoni: Adagio; Corelli: Christmas Conc - Karajan US $10.00 [0 bids]
415 201-1 KARAJAN vivaldi the four seasonsalbinoni adagio LP PS EX/EX dgg US $14.46 Buy It Now 3h 34m
HAYDN / SCHENKMAN - SIX SONATAS & AN ADAGIO NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Frank: Hilos (Threads); Danza de los Saqsampillos; Adagio para Amantani; Quijota US $15.09 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Herbert Von Karajan - Very Best Of Adagio [CD New] US $12.46 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Keller Quartett - String Quartets/Adagio [CD New] US $14.83 Buy It Now 4h 19m
G. Mahler - Symphony No 1 In D Adagio From Symphony N [CD New] US $6.64 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Adagio & Concerti [CD New] US $7.62 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Copland/Barber - Fanfare For The Common Man/Adagio [CD New] US $7.30 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Albinoni/Adagio/Pachelbel - Canon-Baroque Music By Bach.. [CD New] US $6.58 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Biagio Antonacci - Adagio Biagio [CD New] US $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 33m
R. Schumann - Cello Concerto Adagio & Alleg [CD New] US $6.47 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Jacqueline Du Pre Cello Dvorak Concerto, Silent Woods & Adagio Record LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
Adagio: A Windham Hill Collection by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2003, Windham) US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Romantic Adagio, Karajan, Herbert Von,Very Good, BMG CD- with front and back art US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
MOZART - ADAGIO MOZART NEW CD US $14.55 Buy It Now 6h 2m
ADAGIO PACHELBEL CANON & GIGUE BACH - IMPORT US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rautavaara,E. - Book Of Visions Adagio Celest [SACD New] US $13.06 Buy It Now 6h 30m
Albinoni: Adagio / Pachelbel: Canon - Herbert von Karajan (Cassette, 1984) US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 41m
ETTORE STRATTA adagio various LP VG+ Promo 105 4047 Vinyl 1973 Brazil Brasil US $37.50 Buy It Now 7h 8m
BACH - ADAGIO NEW CD US $14.55 Buy It Now 7h 47m
BADEN POWELL samba triste /adagio +2 7" 45 French PS Barclay Vinicius Bossa Jazz US $24.99 [0 bids]
HERBERT VON KARAJAN "Grammophon / NM WAX" ALBINONI Adagio in G MG2392 LP Ag7566 US $14.99 [0 bids]
MAHLER / BERNSTEIN / NYP - SYMPHONY 1 / ADAGIO FOR SYMPHONY 10 NEW CD US $12.39 Buy It Now 9h
ADAGIO KARAJAN 1989 JAPAN CD 11 tracks HERBERT VON KARAJAN US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 19m
Albinoni Adagio Oboe and Violin Concertos Imported from Europe Classical LP US $2.00 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Mahler:kindertotenlieder Adagio from - K/gielen Kallisch New & Sealed Compact Di US $26.57 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue; Samuel Barber: Adagio; Copland: Appalachian... US $8.12 Buy It Now 9h 59m
KODáLY, ZOLTáN - KODáLY: SONATA FOR SOLO CELLO; ADAGIO; SONATINA US $15.34 Buy It Now 10h
BEETHOVEN, LUDWIG VA - MOZART: PIANO QUINTET, K452; ADAGIO AND RONDO, - NEW CD US $10.27 Buy It Now 10h
Barber: Cello Concerto; Sonata; Adagio for Strings Super Audio Hybrid CD (CD,... US $13.21 Buy It Now 10h
MOZART, WOLFGANG AMA - MOZART: GREAT MASS IN C MINOR; ADAGIO AND FUGUE - NEW CD US $6.42 Buy It Now 10h 8m
John Purcell & The Cathedral Strings Albinoni Adagio + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $9.65 Buy It Now 10h 11m
LONDON ffrr Pachelbel KANON Albinoni ADAGIO Standage HICKOX STS-15441 US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 15m
ALBINONI, TOMASO - ALBINONI: ADAGIO [ALBINONI, TOMASO] - NEW CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 10h 15m
ADAGIO [CD] [1 DISC] [028946812921] - NEW CD US $6.84 Buy It Now 10h 29m
COPLAND, AARON - COPLAND: FANFARE FOR THE COMMON MAN; BARBER: ADAGIO - NEW CD US $4.32 Buy It Now 10h 54m
ADAGIO MOLTO FOR STRING QUARTET - NEW CD US $8.52 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Jean Derbes - Orchestral Works-Deux Nocturnes Adagio Genese Prae [CD New] US $14.38 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Johann Sebastian Bach - Toccata & Fugue Pastorale Toccata Adagio & Fugu [CD New] US $19.75 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Aromatherapy 04-Adagio [CD New] US $9.80 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Adagio - Archangels In Black [CD New] US $11.49 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Adagio Chillout [CD New] US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 35m
SCHUMANN/FRANCK-LONDON-GOOSENS- ADAGIO STEREO LP-GERMANY-NICE US $12.77 Buy It Now 11h 36m
ADAGIO - Dominate CD +1 (Sealed) $2.99 Ship US $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 2m
ADAGIO D'ALBINONI GARY KARR JAPAN US $17.49 [10 bids]
Adagio - CD Sergey Rachmaninov Adam Khachaturian Spartacus -Excellent condition US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ct Vln (5)/Adagio/Rondos (2) - W.A. Mozart US $15.70 Buy It Now 13h 46m
Mahler:des Knaben Wunderhorn Adagio - Cleveland Orchestra US $14.48 Buy It Now 13h 50m
ALBINONI / PACHELBEL / ORPHEUS CHAMBER ORCHESTRA - ADAGIO / CANON NEW CD US $20.32 Buy It Now 14h 19m
HERBERT VON KARAJAN / BPO - VERY BEST OF ADAGIO NEW CD US $21.77 Buy It Now 15h 15m
F. SCHUBERT - IMPROMPTUS (4)/ADAGIO (G)/SCHE [CD NEW] US $12.70 Buy It Now 17h 29m
STATIC ME s/t LP punk hardcore adagio 380 US $11.24 [0 bids]
BARBER - BARBER'S ADAGIO NEW CD US $12.39 Buy It Now 19h 57m
The Mozart Collection Sonata No. 16, 17 & Adagio In B Minor CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 3m
MARRINER/ALBINONI: ADAGIO w/OBI JPN EAC80011 US $22.00 [0 bids]
ADAGIO: ULTIMATE COLLECTION / VARIOUS NEW CD US $16.72 Buy It Now 21h 2m
JEAN WITOLD - ALBINONI sonata, concerto, adagio CONTREPOINT LP EX+ US $16.00 Buy It Now 21h 28m
F. Schubert - Qnt Pno Trout/Adagio & Rondo [CD New] US $12.24 Buy It Now 21h 44m
Albinoni Tomaso - Adagio & Concerti 0028946960721, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $14.35 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Adagio for Strings (Levi, Atlanta So) 0089408025020, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P US $17.34 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Rhapsody in Blue/adagio/appalachian Spring (Bernstein, Lapo) 0028947763529, CD US $19.04 Buy It Now 21h 46m
ALBINONI~ADAGIO I MUSICI Vinyl LP~Canada Pressing~PHILIPS 6570 085 US $18.98 Buy It Now 21h 55m
CHOPIN / SCHUMANN / ANDSNES / MORK - CELLO SONATA IN G MINOR / ADAGIO US $24.65 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Adagio of dream - Japan CD - 10Tracks US $7.59 Buy It Now 22h 34m
SCHUBERT / CHAMBER PLAYERS OF CANADA - PIANO QUINTET / ADAGIO & RONDO NEW CD US $22.49 Buy It Now 22h 52m
I Musici - Complete Concertos Op. 9/Adagio For Organ & String CD US $19.31 Buy It Now 23h 3m
Albinoni Pachelbel Bach Etc - Adagio/Canon/Etc CD US $18.00 Buy It Now 23h 3m
Adagio & Concerti CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 23h 4m
Keller Quartett - String Quartets/Adagio CD US $19.56 Buy It Now 23h 4m
Copland Barber - Fanfare For The Common Man/Adagio CD US $10.82 Buy It Now 23h 4m
G. Mahler - Symphony No 1 In D Adagio From Symphony N CD US $11.81 Buy It Now 23h 7m
J. Haydn - Six Sons & An Adagio CD US $20.03 Buy It Now 23h 9m
Evgeny Kissin - Pictures At An Exhibition/Toccata Adagio & Fugue/& CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 23h 10m
Slatkin St. Louis So - Vaughan Williams: Tallis Fantasia & Barber: Adagio CD US $13.36 Buy It Now 23h 10m
S. Barber - Adagio CD US $11.81 Buy It Now 23h 10m
Ciganski Diabli - Gypsy Devils-Adagio Furioso CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 23h 11m
Adagio - Archangels In Black CD US $23.37 Buy It Now 23h 11m
Jean Derbes - Orchestral Works-Deux Nocturnes Adagio Genese Prae CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 23h 11m
W.A. Mozart - Ser (2)/Adagio (2) CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 23h 13m
Richie Beirach - Jazz Adagio CD US $33.02 Buy It Now 23h 18m
K. Penderecki - Symphony No. 4 Adagio CD US $23.25 Buy It Now 23h 36m
JACK BRYMER / Mozart Divertimento & Adagio / London-Decca WBg CS 6350, 2E/1E US $17.99 [0 bids]
Adagio-The Ultimate Collection CD US $15.24 Buy It Now 23h 47m
ALBINONI / CMB / CMZ / ECC / PINNOCK - ADAGIO & CONCERTI - ADAGIO & NEW CD US $10.60 Buy It Now 23h 48m
A. Bax - Qt Str 3/Lyricl Interlude/Adagio Ma Non Troppo CD US $13.20 Buy It Now 23h 48m
E. Brusa - Firelights/Adagio/Wedding Song/Requiescat/& CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 23h 48m
F. Schubert - Qnt Pno Trout/Adagio & Rondo CD US $20.03 Buy It Now 23h 48m
F. Schubert - Qnt Pno Trout/Adagio & Rondo C CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 23h 49m

More places to buy ADAGIO music online Buy ADAGIO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADAGIO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis ratings distribution

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis reviews

Review by Vanwarp
4 stars Adagio is the creation of french premier guitarist Stephan Forte. In 2001, he surrounded himself with some very capable musicians for his debut album. He got David Readman (Pink Cream 69) on vocals and Dirk Bruinenberg (Elegy) on drums. Stephan Forte programmed the keyboards himself and obtained the services of Richard Anderssen of Majestic for all the complex keyboard solo parts. To round out the band you got Franck Hermanny on bass.

So, who is Stephan Forte?

At a very young age, Forte was heavily influenced by guitar virtuoso Ygnwie Malmsteen, and later by artists such as Shawn Lane and Allan Holdsworth. After practicing an average of 10 hours a day for what must have been most of his childhood life, Forte breezed into the prestigious "Ecole des Musiques Actuelles de Nancy" in France. His penchant for "baroque" music and "neo-classical" influences can be found spread all over his debut album.

Forte's guitar playing is simply impeccable. At times he will remind you of Yngwie Malmsteen and at other moments John Petrucci. You want specifics, then check out his commanding solos on the second half of "Panem et Circences" or his outstanding guitar work on the instrumental "Order of Enlil." In fact, you can actually select any track and find some truly amazing guitar work.

What to expect from Adagio's debut album?

The music here is heavy and very intense and true Symphonic Prog Metal doesn't get any better than this. Classical influences abound, progressive elements throughout, some double bass drums, passionate piano passages, crunchy guitar riffs and amazing guitar and keyboard solos, its all here for your enjoyment! There's no denying Forte's strong songwriting abilities. For orchestration purposes Forte used the "Avigon Symphony Orchestra" and for choir sections, "The Ensemble Vocal de Lyon."

Lets move on to the tracks, shall we?

What a great opener "Second Sight" is, just a wonderful song from beginning to end. The listener is introduced to Adagio in all its glory with piano, choir, orchestrations and great guitar lines in tow.

"The Inner Road" moves along a little more aggressively while "In Nomine" is a little more classically influenced and ranks as one of the highlights on the album.

The organ intro to "The Stringless Violin" left me breathless for a moment. This is an awesome track about facing death and accepting your life for what it is...a very emotional and powerful moment on the album! So much variety, so very rich, so very fulfilling!

"The Seven Lands of Sin" lies at the heart of the album. This epic track encompasses everything you might possibly want to know about Adagio.

"Panem and Circences" is another FAV of mine. This track just grew on me with each listen of the album, and of all the tracks I found myself anxious to hear this one again the most. The whole album is great but this track sort-a sticks out from the bottom half of the album for me!

What to say about Adagio's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"? It is a refreshing interpretation...perhaps not the best I've heard but good nonetheless. The album includes a bonus track titled "Niflheim", 4 extra minutes of music for a total playing time of 58m35s.

There is an effortless feel and flow to Adagio's music. You will be mesmerized by it as well! I have always enjoyed progressive metal & symphonic power metal, but with the coming of Adagio, the quality of the music had never reached this level of overall satisfaction with me.

Genre & Style of Music played here - Progressive Symphonic Neo-classical Metal. Similar in a way to: Therion, Royal Hunt, Blind Guardian, Symphony X and Stratovarius.

Send comments to Vanwarp (BETA) | Report this review (#41745) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 05, 2005

Review by Gatot
5 stars Great Symphonic Power Metal album!

Having been satisfied with the "Underworld" album, my journey to Adagio's music continues with "Sanctus Ignis" - the band's debut album in 2001. To my surprise, I also enjoy this album very much. Now I understand why my colleague metal friend Michelle told me long time ago that the band named as ADAGIO was a great and I thought that it must had been a metal band. Why? I heard the name of the band from a friend who is a metal head. He always talk about metal bands - of course including Dream Theater, Kamelot, Stratovarious and Yngwie Malmsteen.

My first spin of "Sanctus Ignis" just started, I think, about a month ago when I made a decision to ride a bicycle to work. Well, nothing matter actually for most people but it meant something for me. The first day I biked to work was started while listening to the full album of "Sanctus Ignis" and I did enjoy it very well. My journey of approx 50 KM (home - office - home) knew nothing on being tired or bored with the journey, even it made it fruitful and entertaining. Especially, I used a decent Senheizer earphone with a good audio quality that made my PDA MP3 player transmitted great quality. Of course, I did not enjoy this album only while biking. I did spin it also at home to get full enjoyment of the album.

Why liking this album?

There are many reasons on why I like this album very much despite the fact that this kind of music can be heard with bands like Symphony X, Kamelot, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Well, what I can tell you is that Adagio music is much grandiose than the others especially on combining the orchestra into their power metal style. I elaborate the reasons on liking this album as follows:

Power. Oh yeah . this album has "power" to elevate your emotion - well, it does happen with me in many occasion. There is no such thing as mellow track offered by Adagio throughout the contents of this album. All tracks full with energy and they flow nicely from opening track "Second Sight" right way through to bonus track "Niflheim". When I heard the opening track "Second Sight" my pulse ran faster than normal rate and my emotion boosted like a rocket. I feel like I'm running to my final destiny of life. It's very captivating right from the intro part, interlude of guitar solo by the band's leader Stephan FortÚ. Oh yes, of course there are some transition pieces where the music take curve lines into softer part with a very nice (and wonderful!) clavinet work like in approx minute 5:29. Oh my God . I like this music break! It continues beautifully with great guitar solo and powerful riffing of second track "The Inner Road" (5:45) where my pulse run even faster now because the music is more energetic. The peak of all power the music of this album produces is when the album title track is being played. Oh man .. It's so powerful and it serves as true pulse accelerator for me. This title track might be considered as normal power metal tune but it has great melody and wonderful interlude parts with classical touch and stunning guitar solo. Oh, I almost forget, that this also has powerful riffing!!!

Neat Composition. Power itself does not mean anything for me if the music is not neatly composed and put in an excellent arrangement. Fortunately, Adagio seems masterful on this issue because all of the nine tracks of this album are neatly composed. Bravo Stephan! And remember . this is just the beginning of the band's career and they demonstrated their capability already to the progressive metal world that they can compose excellent music. Why I say so is because of throughout the music Adagio offers many great subtleties that are lumped together nicely into the music. This includes how the band combines orchestral parts into different movements of the music. Of important notice is the band's interpretation of Led Zeppelin's legendary song "Immigrant Song" which the band takes instrumental approach to express their interpretation. Oh man, this is one of great covers that I ever encounter in rock music world. Adagio takes different approach in melody of the song and only maintains the riffs. The interlude part with eastern nuance plus violin work is truly amazing!

Melody. This wraps up everything required for an excellent music. If I got power and neat composition without excellent melody, it's gonna be a catastrophe for me. But that is NOT the case with this album. Each individual has its own nice melody that makes the music flows naturally and beautifully without any little flaw. The band has combined all the elements nicely: power, composition and melody so that the result is very captivating. Imagine if the band only sings the melody without good arrangement and necessary power (to add "drive") - it's gonna be a "dull" music. Even with the simple melody like track 3 "In Nomine ." (5:04), it tends to be boring. But the band has brilliantly added the classical touches and orchestration, plus excellent guitar and keybord works. It becomes so wonderful.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Even though I appreciate this album highly, it might not fit your tastes. I try to figure out things that might not favor you for liking this album. First, if you do not enjoy any music with metal parts / influenced, you'd better not to buy this CD. Second, if your tastes so far are revolving around symphonic prog music like old King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, it's gonna be difficult for you to accept (and therefore appreciate) this album fairly. Third, you might be an Yngwie Malmsteen fan and feel getting bored with what so called neo-classical metal. Fourth, you want to hear something new because this kind music is not invented by Adagio. There were bands that did similar things before Adagio.

For me personally, this album deserves five stars rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110650) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

4 stars Adagio's debut was a very promising album, filled with excellent musicianship, solid songwriting, and fairly good production. This album, along with the follow-up Underworld, are both excellent neo-classical progressive albums. Additionally, this album is the only one by Adagio that is completely ... (read more)

Report this review (#294955) | Posted by Mystery | Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Are they the European counterpart to Symphony X?, I don't think so, it's more than that. They're born not as a response to someone or something else. They create a balance between harmony and a wise sense of their musical faculties manifesting the way they feel the music and not trying to be a ... (read more)

Report this review (#233755) | Posted by Epsilon | Friday, August 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A NICE DEBUT WITH SOME THINGS TO FIX It's been a while since I reviewed my last album, and I think it's time to get back to the business. This is the first release that these French guys delivered to the Progressive Metal Scene and I think it's a pretty decent debut with its remarkable things ... (read more)

Report this review (#136307) | Posted by MadcapLaughs84 | Tuesday, September 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album from the "French" act is based in a deep influence from the neo-classic rock (in a Malmsteen's way) and mixed with progressive elements (in this case sometimes). The guitar's work from the future guitar master Stephan FortÚ is absolutely great, in each note he catches the enough ins ... (read more)

Report this review (#108743) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Adagio is a symphonic prog/power metal band built around french guitarist Stefan FortÚ. As a french guy too, it's a shame I didn't discover this band earlier, because the music played here is of top quality. It's heavy, fast paced, very symphonic metal with a lot of classical influences, a cro ... (read more)

Report this review (#73788) | Posted by zaxx | Saturday, April 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADAGIO "Sanctus Ignis"