SANCTUS IGNIS

Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Second Sight (6:07)
2. The Inner Road (5:45)
3. In Nomine... (5:04)
4. The Stringless Violin (7:00)
5. Seven Lands Of Sin (11:40)
6. Order Of Enlil (4:19)
7. Sanctus Ignis (4:07)
8. Panem Et Circences (5:21)
9. Immigrant Song (4:55)
10. Bonus track: Niflheim (4:05)

Search ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis lyrics

- David Readman / vocals
- Franck Hermanny / bass

SPV SPV 085-41572
Limb Music Products LMP 0105-031

ADAGIO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis Music

Archangels in BlackArchangels in Black
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
DominateDominate
Extra tracks · Import
Avalon Japan 2005
ALBINONI ADAGIO LP KARAJAN DG 2530247 NM- PACHELBEL BOCCHERINI RESPIGHI US $9.16 Buy It Now 36m 37s
L'Adagio d' Albinoni Great Encores- Paul Kuentz CD FRENCH IMPORT Bach Gluck US $5.99 Buy It Now 50m 26s
BARBER, SAMUEL - BARBER: ADAGIO FOR STRINGS; ORCHESTRAL & CHAMBER WORKS - NEW CD US $4.03 Buy It Now 53m 50s
Albinoni: Adagio; Pachelbel: Canon (CD, May-1990, DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $8.00 [0 bids]
A. Bruckner - Sym/Adagio [CD New] US $13.54 Buy It Now 1h 37m
J.S. Bach - Toccata Adagio & Fugue Bwv564 [CD New] US $15.51 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Concerto Adagio: Mozart [CD New] US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Albinoni Albinoni Adagio Pachelbel Canon CD Album Classical Music Brand New US $11.64 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Lucerne Festival Strings , Audio CD, Adagio & Concerti US $10.10 Buy It Now 3h 43m
ADAGIO COLLECTION MULTIPACK - COMPLETE COLLECTION (VERSIONE)144 BRANI/ NEW CD US $65.78 Buy It Now 4h 22m
730099224123 NAXOS ADAGIO - MOZART NO 21 + FREEPOST CD MINT! US $6.48 Buy It Now 4h 24m
ADAGIO: A WINDHAM HILL COLLECTION new CD 2010 reissue US $10.49 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Albinoni Adagio Oboe Concertos vinyl LP Philips Records EX Festivo Series US $7.95 Buy It Now 6h 44m
Adagio Trio - Celtic Heart [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 6h 49m
Karajan: The Adagio Box ~ New 4-CD Set (1997, DG/Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $49.95 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Mozart: Great Mass in C Minor / Adagio & Fugue - Near P US $5.87 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Mahler Kindertotenlieder Adagio Leonard Bernstein Columbia lp Janet Baker US $8.90 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Mahler: Symphony No. 9; Symphony No. 10 Adagio (CD, 2 Discs, Virgin) - Libor US $6.49 Buy It Now 7h 42m
Adagio - Sanctus Ignis / Japan CD / OBI / 2001 / With Sticker / Bonus Track +2 US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Adagio - Dominate / Japan CD / OBI / 2005 / Japanese Bonus Track +1 US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Sinfonia Per Archi Op 53 / Adagio Amoroso by US $13.93 Buy It Now 8h 7m
Music for Meditation "Adagio" (CD, May-1998, Delta Distribution) US $2.19 [0 bids]
Dr. Draw autographed "Adagio" CD Dr. Draw Adagio US $6.95 [0 bids]
Fountains/Qnt/Adagio - Respighi/Boccherini/Albinoni US $9.23 Buy It Now 8h 39m
SCHUMANN, ROBERT - SCHUMANN: CELLO CONCERTO; FANTASIEST CKE; ADAGIO US $4.02 Buy It Now 8h 45m
The World's Favorite Classics - Adagio (Baroque Favorites) (CD, Sep-1990, RCA... US $1.50 [0 bids]
Adagio Albinoni Herbert Von Karajan~1973 Classical West German Import~FAST SHIP! US $17.95 Buy It Now 9h 9m
BARBER, SAMUEL - BARBER: ADAGIO FOR STRINGS; VIOLIN CONCERTO - NEW CD US $6.59 Buy It Now 10h 37m
NEW - Karajan: Romantic Adagio US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 47m
NEW - Adagio US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 57m
NEW - The Adagio Collection - Classics for Relaxation US $5.97 Buy It Now 11h 13m
Classical CD Barber Cello Conc, Adagio for Strings imp. US $16.75 Buy It Now 11h 20m
NEW - Relax with the Classics Adagio Volume Two US $7.98 Buy It Now 11h 24m
Rees, Pachelbel, Albinoni, Adagio / Canon Audio CD US $5.12 Buy It Now 11h 49m
Adagio: A Windham Hill Collection by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2003, Windham... US $0.99 [1 bids]
PENDERECKI / POLISH SINFONIA IUVENTUS ORCH - SYMPHONY 4: ADAGIO NEW CD US $27.25 Buy It Now 12h 22m
Richard Hickox - Pachelbel Kanon & Albinoni Adagio LP US $9.00 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Kehr Trio - Mozart Divertimento, Adagio & Fugue LP Dover Gunter Kehr US $9.00 Buy It Now 12h 32m
PETER DAVISON Adagio Classical Music For Yoga LIVING ARTS LA 5007 - Brand New! US $2.99 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Classical WETA 90.9 FM Adagio Volume 2 Bach Brahms & More Music CD US $5.95 [0 bids]
Classical WETA 90.9 FM Adagio Volume 1 Mozart Debussy Vaughan & More Music CD US $5.95 [0 bids]
ADAGIO for Teatime - Japan CD 1995 Classical - 14Tracks US $5.69 Buy It Now 14h 5m
BRUCKNER / ASHKENAZY / DEUTSCHES SYM ORCH - SYMPHONY IN F MINOR / ADAGIO NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 14h 52m
SCHUBERT / JANDO / KODALY QUARTET - PIANO QUINTET / ADAGIO & RONDO NEW CD US $15.40 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Adagio, , Good US $4.53 Buy It Now 15h 55m
VIRTUOSO / ADAGIO / PACHELBEL ALBINONI - BAROQUE MUSIC BY BACH NEW CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 16h 12m
LA CANZONE ITALIANA VOL 7 BOMBOLO - ADAGIO BIAGIO LA P US $20.79 Buy It Now 16h 31m
MOZART / WINDS OF BERLIN PHILHARMONIC - SERENADE / GRAN PARTITA / ADAGIO NEW CD US $31.06 Buy It Now 16h 32m
ADAGIO TRIO - CELTIC HEART NEW CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 16h 42m
William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings 5 Track CD Single US $7.40 Buy It Now 16h 48m
MAHLER ADAGIO ANTINO WIT CD NEW US $10.23 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Albinoni Adagio Pachelbel - Canon-Baroque Music By Bach.. CD US $10.82 Buy It Now 18h 7m
A. Bruckner - Sym/Adagio CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 18h 19m
Barber's Adagio (8 versions including choral Agnus Dei version) (1997) (RCA/BMG) US $5.99 [0 bids]
HERBERT VON KARAJAN-ADAGIO 2-12 TRACK CD-NEW-AUSTRALIA-1986 US $5.58 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Bruckner: Symphony No. 1 (1866 Linz Version, ed. Haas/Carragan) / Adagio (1876) US $11.90 Buy It Now 20h 19m
, Albinoni: Adagio Audio CD US $7.04 Buy It Now 20h 20m
ADAGIO COLLECTION COMPLETE - NEW CD US $45.48 Buy It Now 20h 26m
ADAGIO--GREATEST HITS--10 SONG CD--L@@K US $1.95 [0 bids]
MOZART, WOLFGANG A. - WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: REQUIEM; ADAGIO & FUGUE - NEW CD US $23.97 Buy It Now 20h 45m
BOULEZ CONDUCTS MAHLER DAS KLAGENDE LIED SYMPHONY ADAGIO SYMP NO 10 -VINYL LP US $4.00 Buy It Now 20h 49m
Chopin: Piano Adagio (CD, Feb-2010, Sony Classical) US $12.49 Buy It Now 21h 42m
Aromatherapy 04: Adagio/Various (CD, Apr-2001, Eloquence (Argentina)) US $10.64 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Mozart: Violin Concertos No. 4 K218 & No. 5 K.219; Adagio K261; Rondo K373 - So. US $8.48 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Schubert: Piano Trios 1 & 2; Trout Quintet; Adagio In E Flat D.897... US $13.95 Buy It Now 21h 46m
BARBER:ADAGIO FOR STRINGS BY LEVI,YOEL (CD) US $16.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio / Sanctus Ignis JAPAN+2 *G US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio / Underworld JAPAN+1 *G US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Quartetto Italiano-MOZART STRING QUARTET, DIVERTIMENTI, ADAGIO & FUGUE- PHILIPS US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BUYANOVSKY, VITALY Beethoven French horn Sonata,Schumann Adagio RIGA D13175 EX- US $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio Collection Multipack - Complete Collection (Versione Multipack)1 [CD New] US $48.31 Buy It Now 1 day
ARGO ZK 62 UK *ALLEGRI QUARTET* BRAHMS CLARINET QUINTET WAGNER ADAGIO *1Y/1Y* US $11.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio Classic in Jazz - Farao,Massimo New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $35.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio - S. Barber US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio Archangels In Black Special Tour Re Release CD Music Album Brand New US $23.29 Buy It Now 1 day
HERBERT von KARAJAN - Vivaldi - Le Quattro Stagioni - Albinoni - Adagio RARE Lp US $39.90 Buy It Now 1 day
DG MOZART VIOLIN CONCERTO No.1 / Adagio / Rondos / WOLFGANG SCHNEIDERHAN NM US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mahler: Symphonies Nos. 5, 9, 10 (Adagio) (CD, Dec-1992, 3 Discs, EMI Music... US $9.14 Buy It Now 1 day
MOZART - Violin Concerto #1 / Adagio / Rondo PERLMAN LEVINE DG Digital NM US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
KARL BOHM**ALBINONI/ADAGIO/PACHELBEL/CANON**2 CD SET US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PACHELBEL KANON Albinoni Adagio Jose Serebrier VINYL LP US $5.38 Buy It Now 1 day
, Mahler: Symphony No. 1- Titan / Symphony No. 10 (Adagio) Audio CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Concerto Adagio: Mozart by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $18.19 Buy It Now 1 day
MINA -parole parole / adagio 1973 TURKISH 7" 45 RPM SINGLE TURC TURCHIA US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vivaldi, Pachelbel, Albinoni, Albinoni: Adagio / Pachelbel: Kanon US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mahler - Symphonies Nos. 9 & 10 Adagio US $9.99 [0 bids]
ALBINONI Celebre Adagio/Concerto RISTENPART/ANDRE/CHAMBON/HENDEL Erato STU 70231 US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber's Adagio, New Music US $6.83 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAGIO UND FUGE 546/KLAV.KONZ 466/SINF.202/318, New Music US $21.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber: Adagio; Symphony No. 1; The School for Scandal; Essays (CD, Nov-1992,... US $3.00 [0 bids]
Samuel Barber: Symphony No. 2; Adagio for Strings; George Frederick Bristow:... US $3.00 [0 bids]
BAROQUE MASTERPIECES (2CDs) Vivaldi The Four Seasons Bach Canon Adagio Minuet US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
HEARTWARMING CLASSICS 6. ADAGIO / VARIOUS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $27.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio: J.S. Bach, New Music US $8.32 Buy It Now 1 day
HERBERT VON KARAJAN - ADAGIO ??? ? ??? NEW SEALED CD 2013 ????? US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Karajan: Adagio (CD, Apr-1995, DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MOZART / TALICH - EINE KLEINE NACHTMUSIK K525 ADAGIO & FUGUE K546 NEW CD US $21.51 Buy It Now 1 day
VARIOUS "Albinoni Adagio" LP 1977 Columbia Odyssey Y 34605 Vivaldi Jannequin US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Rap 12" ASS & BENEFITS Clean / Dirty on Adagio! US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
W.A. Mozart : Violin Concerto Nos 3 & 5 Adagio & F CD (1994) US $3.86 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ADAGIO music online Buy ADAGIO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADAGIO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis ratings distribution

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis reviews

Review by Vanwarp
4 stars Adagio is the creation of french premier guitarist Stephan Forte. In 2001, he surrounded himself with some very capable musicians for his debut album. He got David Readman (Pink Cream 69) on vocals and Dirk Bruinenberg (Elegy) on drums. Stephan Forte programmed the keyboards himself and obtained the services of Richard Anderssen of Majestic for all the complex keyboard solo parts. To round out the band you got Franck Hermanny on bass.

So, who is Stephan Forte?

At a very young age, Forte was heavily influenced by guitar virtuoso Ygnwie Malmsteen, and later by artists such as Shawn Lane and Allan Holdsworth. After practicing an average of 10 hours a day for what must have been most of his childhood life, Forte breezed into the prestigious "Ecole des Musiques Actuelles de Nancy" in France. His penchant for "baroque" music and "neo-classical" influences can be found spread all over his debut album.

Forte's guitar playing is simply impeccable. At times he will remind you of Yngwie Malmsteen and at other moments John Petrucci. You want specifics, then check out his commanding solos on the second half of "Panem et Circences" or his outstanding guitar work on the instrumental "Order of Enlil." In fact, you can actually select any track and find some truly amazing guitar work.

What to expect from Adagio's debut album?

The music here is heavy and very intense and true Symphonic Prog Metal doesn't get any better than this. Classical influences abound, progressive elements throughout, some double bass drums, passionate piano passages, crunchy guitar riffs and amazing guitar and keyboard solos, its all here for your enjoyment! There's no denying Forte's strong songwriting abilities. For orchestration purposes Forte used the "Avigon Symphony Orchestra" and for choir sections, "The Ensemble Vocal de Lyon."

Lets move on to the tracks, shall we?

What a great opener "Second Sight" is, just a wonderful song from beginning to end. The listener is introduced to Adagio in all its glory with piano, choir, orchestrations and great guitar lines in tow.

"The Inner Road" moves along a little more aggressively while "In Nomine" is a little more classically influenced and ranks as one of the highlights on the album.

The organ intro to "The Stringless Violin" left me breathless for a moment. This is an awesome track about facing death and accepting your life for what it is...a very emotional and powerful moment on the album! So much variety, so very rich, so very fulfilling!

"The Seven Lands of Sin" lies at the heart of the album. This epic track encompasses everything you might possibly want to know about Adagio.

"Panem and Circences" is another FAV of mine. This track just grew on me with each listen of the album, and of all the tracks I found myself anxious to hear this one again the most. The whole album is great but this track sort-a sticks out from the bottom half of the album for me!

What to say about Adagio's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"? It is a refreshing interpretation...perhaps not the best I've heard but good nonetheless. The album includes a bonus track titled "Niflheim", 4 extra minutes of music for a total playing time of 58m35s.

There is an effortless feel and flow to Adagio's music. You will be mesmerized by it as well! I have always enjoyed progressive metal & symphonic power metal, but with the coming of Adagio, the quality of the music had never reached this level of overall satisfaction with me.

Genre & Style of Music played here - Progressive Symphonic Neo-classical Metal. Similar in a way to: Therion, Royal Hunt, Blind Guardian, Symphony X and Stratovarius.

Send comments to Vanwarp (BETA) | Report this review (#41745) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 05, 2005

Review by Gatot
5 stars Great Symphonic Power Metal album!

Having been satisfied with the "Underworld" album, my journey to Adagio's music continues with "Sanctus Ignis" - the band's debut album in 2001. To my surprise, I also enjoy this album very much. Now I understand why my colleague metal friend Michelle told me long time ago that the band named as ADAGIO was a great and I thought that it must had been a metal band. Why? I heard the name of the band from a friend who is a metal head. He always talk about metal bands - of course including Dream Theater, Kamelot, Stratovarious and Yngwie Malmsteen.

My first spin of "Sanctus Ignis" just started, I think, about a month ago when I made a decision to ride a bicycle to work. Well, nothing matter actually for most people but it meant something for me. The first day I biked to work was started while listening to the full album of "Sanctus Ignis" and I did enjoy it very well. My journey of approx 50 KM (home - office - home) knew nothing on being tired or bored with the journey, even it made it fruitful and entertaining. Especially, I used a decent Senheizer earphone with a good audio quality that made my PDA MP3 player transmitted great quality. Of course, I did not enjoy this album only while biking. I did spin it also at home to get full enjoyment of the album.

Why liking this album?

There are many reasons on why I like this album very much despite the fact that this kind of music can be heard with bands like Symphony X, Kamelot, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Well, what I can tell you is that Adagio music is much grandiose than the others especially on combining the orchestra into their power metal style. I elaborate the reasons on liking this album as follows:

Power. Oh yeah . this album has "power" to elevate your emotion - well, it does happen with me in many occasion. There is no such thing as mellow track offered by Adagio throughout the contents of this album. All tracks full with energy and they flow nicely from opening track "Second Sight" right way through to bonus track "Niflheim". When I heard the opening track "Second Sight" my pulse ran faster than normal rate and my emotion boosted like a rocket. I feel like I'm running to my final destiny of life. It's very captivating right from the intro part, interlude of guitar solo by the band's leader Stephan Forté. Oh yes, of course there are some transition pieces where the music take curve lines into softer part with a very nice (and wonderful!) clavinet work like in approx minute 5:29. Oh my God . I like this music break! It continues beautifully with great guitar solo and powerful riffing of second track "The Inner Road" (5:45) where my pulse run even faster now because the music is more energetic. The peak of all power the music of this album produces is when the album title track is being played. Oh man .. It's so powerful and it serves as true pulse accelerator for me. This title track might be considered as normal power metal tune but it has great melody and wonderful interlude parts with classical touch and stunning guitar solo. Oh, I almost forget, that this also has powerful riffing!!!

Neat Composition. Power itself does not mean anything for me if the music is not neatly composed and put in an excellent arrangement. Fortunately, Adagio seems masterful on this issue because all of the nine tracks of this album are neatly composed. Bravo Stephan! And remember . this is just the beginning of the band's career and they demonstrated their capability already to the progressive metal world that they can compose excellent music. Why I say so is because of throughout the music Adagio offers many great subtleties that are lumped together nicely into the music. This includes how the band combines orchestral parts into different movements of the music. Of important notice is the band's interpretation of Led Zeppelin's legendary song "Immigrant Song" which the band takes instrumental approach to express their interpretation. Oh man, this is one of great covers that I ever encounter in rock music world. Adagio takes different approach in melody of the song and only maintains the riffs. The interlude part with eastern nuance plus violin work is truly amazing!

Melody. This wraps up everything required for an excellent music. If I got power and neat composition without excellent melody, it's gonna be a catastrophe for me. But that is NOT the case with this album. Each individual has its own nice melody that makes the music flows naturally and beautifully without any little flaw. The band has combined all the elements nicely: power, composition and melody so that the result is very captivating. Imagine if the band only sings the melody without good arrangement and necessary power (to add "drive") - it's gonna be a "dull" music. Even with the simple melody like track 3 "In Nomine ." (5:04), it tends to be boring. But the band has brilliantly added the classical touches and orchestration, plus excellent guitar and keybord works. It becomes so wonderful.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Even though I appreciate this album highly, it might not fit your tastes. I try to figure out things that might not favor you for liking this album. First, if you do not enjoy any music with metal parts / influenced, you'd better not to buy this CD. Second, if your tastes so far are revolving around symphonic prog music like old King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, it's gonna be difficult for you to accept (and therefore appreciate) this album fairly. Third, you might be an Yngwie Malmsteen fan and feel getting bored with what so called neo-classical metal. Fourth, you want to hear something new because this kind music is not invented by Adagio. There were bands that did similar things before Adagio.

For me personally, this album deserves five stars rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110650) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

4 stars Adagio's debut was a very promising album, filled with excellent musicianship, solid songwriting, and fairly good production. This album, along with the follow-up Underworld, are both excellent neo-classical progressive albums. Additionally, this album is the only one by Adagio that is completely ... (read more)

Report this review (#294955) | Posted by Mystery | Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Are they the European counterpart to Symphony X?, I don't think so, it's more than that. They're born not as a response to someone or something else. They create a balance between harmony and a wise sense of their musical faculties manifesting the way they feel the music and not trying to be a ... (read more)

Report this review (#233755) | Posted by Epsilon | Friday, August 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A NICE DEBUT WITH SOME THINGS TO FIX It's been a while since I reviewed my last album, and I think it's time to get back to the business. This is the first release that these French guys delivered to the Progressive Metal Scene and I think it's a pretty decent debut with its remarkable things ... (read more)

Report this review (#136307) | Posted by MadcapLaughs84 | Tuesday, September 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album from the "French" act is based in a deep influence from the neo-classic rock (in a Malmsteen's way) and mixed with progressive elements (in this case sometimes). The guitar's work from the future guitar master Stephan Forté is absolutely great, in each note he catches the enough ins ... (read more)

Report this review (#108743) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Adagio is a symphonic prog/power metal band built around french guitarist Stefan Forté. As a french guy too, it's a shame I didn't discover this band earlier, because the music played here is of top quality. It's heavy, fast paced, very symphonic metal with a lot of classical influences, a cro ... (read more)

Report this review (#73788) | Posted by zaxx | Saturday, April 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADAGIO "Sanctus Ignis"