SANCTUS IGNIS

Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Second Sight (6:07)
2. The Inner Road (5:45)
3. In Nomine... (5:04)
4. The Stringless Violin (7:00)
5. Seven Lands Of Sin (11:40)
6. Order Of Enlil (4:19)
7. Sanctus Ignis (4:07)
8. Panem Et Circences (5:21)
9. Immigrant Song (4:55)
10. Bonus track: Niflheim (4:05)

Search ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis lyrics

- David Readman / vocals
- Franck Hermanny / bass

SPV SPV 085-41572
Limb Music Products LMP 0105-031

ADAGIO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis Music

Sanctus IgnisSanctus Ignis
LMP 2001
Adagio Sealed Cassette Zeidler Turner Hill US $7.90 Buy It Now 37m 29s
Vivaldi Four Seasons Albinoni Adagio Pachelbel Canon Gigue Cassette US $6.95 Buy It Now 37m 29s
Music by Samuel Barber: Symphony No. 1: Medea: Adagio Overture VG+ US $23.99 Buy It Now 46m 31s
Samuel Barber - Barber: Adagio; Symphony No. 1; The School for Scandal CD US $5.44 Buy It Now 55m 3s
ADAGIO HERBERT VON KARAJAN 12" LP VINYL DG DEUTSCHE GRAMMOPHON 1973 CLASSICAL US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
LEONARD BERNSTEIN - BARBER: ADAGIO FOR STRINGS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $20.26 Buy It Now 1h 30m
EUGENE ORMANDY: Bach Toccata & Fugue, Adagio, Passacaglia (classical vinyl LP) US $17.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
FRANCK POURCEL: Adagio, Danse Macabre, Galop, Ave Maria, Pathetique (vinyl LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
BAUMGARTNER PACHELBEL RAMEAU PURCELL Albinoni Adagio FESTIVAL STRINGS LUCERNE DG US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Barber's Adagio & Other Romantic Favorites for Strings (CD, Jul-1987, CBS... US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Mahler Adagio - V/A New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.10 Buy It Now 1h 50m
BEETHOVEN ENPEROR ALLEGIO ADAGIO UN POCO MOSSO JAPAN CD OBI W8757 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h
MASSIMO FARAO TRIO - Adagio Classic in Jazz CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Adagio: A Windham Hill Collection by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2003, Windham) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Barber:adagio for Strings - Leonard Slatkin New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $13.46 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Adagio of dream - Japan CD - 10Tracks US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Adagio - CD. Excellent condition US $9.99 [0 bids]
Hummel: Potpourri; Adagio and Rondo alla Polacca; Violin Concerto in C; Piano Va US $14.18 Buy It Now 4h 2m
ADAGIO SANCTUS IGNIS + 2 BONUS TRACK JAPAN CD OBI 2476yen MICP w/STI US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Solitude Aeturnus - Adagio 2 x LP Eyes Like Snow Import NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Solitude Aeturnus - Adagio 2 x LP Eyes Like Snow Import Silver Vinyl NEW US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
ADAGIO--GREATEST HITS--10 SONG CD--L@@K US $1.95 [0 bids]
SPACE ODYSSEY Embrace The Galaxy CD TIME REQUIEM, MAJESTIC, ARTENSION, ADAGIO US $9.34 Buy It Now 6h 48m
Mahler: Symphonies Nos. 7, 9, & 10 - Adagio (Royal Edition No. 50), , Box set, O US $16.34 Buy It Now 8h 48m
NAXOS - BARBER - ORCHESTRAL WORKS VOLUME 2 CELLO CONCERTO / MEDEA/ ADAGIO US $6.80 Buy It Now 9h 33m
Bruch - Kol Nidrei Adagio & Violin Concerto No.1, Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto US $4.19 Buy It Now 10h 4m
FAIRYLAND - THE FALL OF AN EMPIRE DIGIPAK ADAGIO HAMMERFALL EDGUY NIGHTMARE US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 10m
ALBINONI - ADAGIO / CONCERTO JEAN WITOLD , NONESUCH H-71005 lp EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 20m
Albinoni: Adagio / Pachelbel: Canon / Handel: Arrival o US $16.99 Buy It Now 10h 21m
ADAGIO - UNDERWORLD [ADAGIO] [3700226407726] - NEW CD US $13.24 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Mozart,W.A. - Con Vn 3/5/Rondo/Adagio [CD New] US $9.38 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Brusa,E. - Firelights/Adagio/Wedding Song/Requiescat/& [CD New] US $8.00 Buy It Now 10h 35m
DGG 413 309 Digital ALBINONI ADAGIO PACHELBEL CANON Karajan GERMAN 1984 EX+ US $5.11 [0 bids]
ADAGIO - BAND IN UPPERWORLD - NEW CD US $8.70 Buy It Now 10h 50m
EMERALD RAIN/ADAGIO - SANCTUS IGNIS [EMERALD RAIN/ADAGIO] - NEW CD US $9.40 Buy It Now 10h 58m
QUEST FOR SERENITY: ADAGIO (5024952820092) - NEW CD US $8.87 Buy It Now 11h 3m
Jean-François Paillard - Albinoni-Pachelbel : Adagio / Canon (The Erato (NEW CD) US $13.19 Buy It Now 11h 10m
78 RPM DGG - SCHNEIDERHAN VIOLIN BRUCH ADAGIO + KEMPFF PIANO MOONSHINE ADAGIO US $98.00 Buy It Now 11h 29m
CD SCHUBERT PIANO QUINTET D667 TROUT ADAGIO IN E FLAT (NOTTURNO) D897 NASH US $18.73 Buy It Now 12h 3m
CD QUEST FOR SERENITY ADAGIO SCHUBERT MOZART ALBINONI BACH DELIBES PACHELBEL ETC US $8.50 Buy It Now 12h 4m
2 CD BOX TCHAIKOVSKY COMPLETE MUSIC STRING QUARTET FIVE EARLY PIECES ADAGIO ETC US $22.14 Buy It Now 12h 10m
DECCA LXT 5660 (SXL 2297) *VIENNA OCTET* BRAHMS CLARINET QUINTET WAGNER ADAGIO US $26.48 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Adagio / Canon US $4.19 Buy It Now 14h 51m
ADAGIO ENSEMBLE CAPRICE Matthias MauteChoir Orchestra ANALEKTA 2 9848 SEALED NEW US $3.90 [0 bids]
ADAGIO! The Obvious Joint / Ass & Benefits 12" #EMO-001 JUGGAKNOTS RARE EX US $12.99 [1 bids]
Schubert: Sonata In A/Schumann: Märchenbilder/Adagio & Allegro/Bruch: Kol Nidrei US $9.86 Buy It Now 15h 41m
Adagio Mahler (CD, May-1997, Naxos (Distributor)) New Unsealed US $5.69 Buy It Now 16h 18m
Bernstein,Leonard - Barber: Adagio For Strings [CD New] US $9.81 Buy It Now 16h 29m
Albinoni: Adagio, , New US $7.11 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Mahler: Symphony No. 1- Titan / Symphony No. 10 (Adagio), New Music US $7.12 Buy It Now 17h
Hummel/Weber/Kuhlau - Adagio Various & Rondo Op. 78 [CD New] US $22.99 Buy It Now 17h 31m
BARBER: Adagio; Sym. No. 1; School for Scandal w/Zinman (ARGO - Sealed) US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 38m
NEW - Adagio Greatest Hits US $9.73 Buy It Now 17h 49m
Gershwin/Copland/Barber - Rhapsody In Blue/Appalachian Spring/Adagio [CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 18h 30m
Karajan,Herbert Von - Romantic Adagio [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 18h 30m
Adagio: Sanctus Ignis CD 2001 Bonus Track Limb Music Germany LMP 0105-031 CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 18h 38m
ZELENKA, JAN DISMAS - ADAGIO: A CONSIDERATION OF A SERIOUS MATTER - NEW CD US $12.17 Buy It Now 18h 46m
DG 2530 247 - ADAGIO - Albinoni / Pachelbel / Boccherini / Respighi Ex LP Record US $13.60 Buy It Now 18h 52m
RARE EDMUND KURTZ & EMANUEL BAY RACHMANINOFF DANSE ORIENTALE & GRAZIOLLI ADAGIO US $20.43 Buy It Now 18h 55m
Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3; Symphony No. 41; Adagio and Fugue (CD,AUTOGRAPHED US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 18m
Adagio - Dominate [CD New] US $12.41 Buy It Now 19h 20m
Adagio: Music for Healing by Peter Davison (CD, Mar-2000, Living Arts) US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 50m
TSFASMAN,ALEXANDR:Gershwin"Rhapsody in blue",Barber"Adagio"MELODIYA MONO LP LIGO US $10.00 Buy It Now 20h 19m
Haydn Concerto For Trumpet and Orchestra Schumann Adagio Allegro London CS 6091 US $28.95 Buy It Now 20h 21m
Beethoven: Moonlight; Mozart Piano Concerto No. 27, Adagio; Nakyong Tjong Chai US $89.69 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Adagio Albinoni, New Music US $8.32 Buy It Now 20h 41m
ADAGIO Berlin Philharmoniker HERVERT VON KARAJAN LP NM 1973 DEUTSCHE GRAMMOPHON US $9.98 Buy It Now 20h 49m
String Quartet 3 / Lyrical Interlude / Adagio, New Music US $7.56 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Adagio Chillout, New Music US $4.54 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Gunter Kehr trio MOZART Divertimento K.563 / Adagio & Fugue K.404a DOVER RECORD US $9.90 Buy It Now 22h 26m
ADAGIO! - POETRY TO INFINITY / WHO IS ADAGIO? (12") 2002!!! RARE!!! ? US $22.49 Buy It Now 23h 4m
Adagio Mozart, New Music US $7.28 Buy It Now 23h 6m
MOZART Miniatures VG++ Marcel Bernard Haydn Sinfonietta March Overture Adagio US $19.95 Buy It Now 23h 31m
The Adagio Music Collection Music for T'ai Chi for Relaxation Peter Davidson US $4.25 Buy It Now 23h 32m
MOZART - 2LP Piano Sonatas K 282+Menuet/ Adagio GUSTAV LEONARDT double VERY GOOD US $5.76 Buy It Now 23h 47m
I MUSICI "NM WAX" ALBINONI Adagio & Concertos Op. 9 Nos. 1, 18PC-5 OBI LP Ad1092 US $4.99 [1 bids]
Adagio Karajan CD (2011) US $4.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Karajan: Adagio (CD, Apr-1995, DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Albinoni: Adagio; Pachelbel: Canon (CD, Jun-1984, DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $0.25 [0 bids]
MAHLER - Symphony 9 / Symphony 10 Adagio - Claudio ABBADO - 2CDs WG PDO US $39.20 Buy It Now 1 day
David Bell Frank Maus Michel Schwalbé Adagio & Karajan US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SOLITUDE AETURNUS - ADAGIO NEW CD US $27.62 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio Herbert Von Karajan~1973 Deutsche Grammophon Import~FAST SHIPPING!!! US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Leonard Bernstein - Barber: Adagio For Strings CD US $16.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Mozart Alain Bouffroy - divertimenti k 136-138 - adagio & fugue k 546 US $10.00 [0 bids]
Adagio: A Windham Hill Collection - V/A New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio - Dominate CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Herbert Von Karajan - Romantic Adagio CD US $24.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber Adagio/Britten Simple Symphony/Bartock/Puccini Crisantemi CD (Aadland) US $3.07 Buy It Now 1 day
W.GERMANY- Mozart- Symphony No.35,36, Adagio and Fugue CD (Peter Maag/Goltz) US $5.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber's Adagio and Other American Favourites (Gershwin, Bernstein, Copland) US $4.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Bernstein  Rhapsody In Blue  West Side Story  Adagio Strings  Minty CD  New Case US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Albinoni - Adagio/Cncs/Cam Bern/Ec/Etc Ge (NEW CD) US $11.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Barber - Sym 1/Adagio/Essay 1/2/Sc (1992) - Used - Audio Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1 day
ALBINONI - Adagio / Sonata / Concerto Piano GOUARNE Violin LAMACQUE VOGUE LP US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Berliner Philharmoniker Herbert Karajan - Albinoni: Adagio / Corelli: Christmas US $9.73 Buy It Now 1 day
78rpm 12" SOLOMON - BEETHOVEN moonlight sonata adagio & allegretto only C 3455 US $27.27 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAGIO PACHELBEL CANON & GIGUE BACH - IMPORT US $3.99 [0 bids]
, Barber's Adagio Audio CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ADAGIO music online Buy ADAGIO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADAGIO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis ratings distribution

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis reviews

Review by Vanwarp
4 stars Adagio is the creation of french premier guitarist Stephan Forte. In 2001, he surrounded himself with some very capable musicians for his debut album. He got David Readman (Pink Cream 69) on vocals and Dirk Bruinenberg (Elegy) on drums. Stephan Forte programmed the keyboards himself and obtained the services of Richard Anderssen of Majestic for all the complex keyboard solo parts. To round out the band you got Franck Hermanny on bass.

So, who is Stephan Forte?

At a very young age, Forte was heavily influenced by guitar virtuoso Ygnwie Malmsteen, and later by artists such as Shawn Lane and Allan Holdsworth. After practicing an average of 10 hours a day for what must have been most of his childhood life, Forte breezed into the prestigious "Ecole des Musiques Actuelles de Nancy" in France. His penchant for "baroque" music and "neo-classical" influences can be found spread all over his debut album.

Forte's guitar playing is simply impeccable. At times he will remind you of Yngwie Malmsteen and at other moments John Petrucci. You want specifics, then check out his commanding solos on the second half of "Panem et Circences" or his outstanding guitar work on the instrumental "Order of Enlil." In fact, you can actually select any track and find some truly amazing guitar work.

What to expect from Adagio's debut album?

The music here is heavy and very intense and true Symphonic Prog Metal doesn't get any better than this. Classical influences abound, progressive elements throughout, some double bass drums, passionate piano passages, crunchy guitar riffs and amazing guitar and keyboard solos, its all here for your enjoyment! There's no denying Forte's strong songwriting abilities. For orchestration purposes Forte used the "Avigon Symphony Orchestra" and for choir sections, "The Ensemble Vocal de Lyon."

Lets move on to the tracks, shall we?

What a great opener "Second Sight" is, just a wonderful song from beginning to end. The listener is introduced to Adagio in all its glory with piano, choir, orchestrations and great guitar lines in tow.

"The Inner Road" moves along a little more aggressively while "In Nomine" is a little more classically influenced and ranks as one of the highlights on the album.

The organ intro to "The Stringless Violin" left me breathless for a moment. This is an awesome track about facing death and accepting your life for what it is...a very emotional and powerful moment on the album! So much variety, so very rich, so very fulfilling!

"The Seven Lands of Sin" lies at the heart of the album. This epic track encompasses everything you might possibly want to know about Adagio.

"Panem and Circences" is another FAV of mine. This track just grew on me with each listen of the album, and of all the tracks I found myself anxious to hear this one again the most. The whole album is great but this track sort-a sticks out from the bottom half of the album for me!

What to say about Adagio's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"? It is a refreshing interpretation...perhaps not the best I've heard but good nonetheless. The album includes a bonus track titled "Niflheim", 4 extra minutes of music for a total playing time of 58m35s.

There is an effortless feel and flow to Adagio's music. You will be mesmerized by it as well! I have always enjoyed progressive metal & symphonic power metal, but with the coming of Adagio, the quality of the music had never reached this level of overall satisfaction with me.

Genre & Style of Music played here - Progressive Symphonic Neo-classical Metal. Similar in a way to: Therion, Royal Hunt, Blind Guardian, Symphony X and Stratovarius.

Send comments to Vanwarp (BETA) | Report this review (#41745) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 05, 2005

Review by Gatot
5 stars Great Symphonic Power Metal album!

Having been satisfied with the "Underworld" album, my journey to Adagio's music continues with "Sanctus Ignis" - the band's debut album in 2001. To my surprise, I also enjoy this album very much. Now I understand why my colleague metal friend Michelle told me long time ago that the band named as ADAGIO was a great and I thought that it must had been a metal band. Why? I heard the name of the band from a friend who is a metal head. He always talk about metal bands - of course including Dream Theater, Kamelot, Stratovarious and Yngwie Malmsteen.

My first spin of "Sanctus Ignis" just started, I think, about a month ago when I made a decision to ride a bicycle to work. Well, nothing matter actually for most people but it meant something for me. The first day I biked to work was started while listening to the full album of "Sanctus Ignis" and I did enjoy it very well. My journey of approx 50 KM (home - office - home) knew nothing on being tired or bored with the journey, even it made it fruitful and entertaining. Especially, I used a decent Senheizer earphone with a good audio quality that made my PDA MP3 player transmitted great quality. Of course, I did not enjoy this album only while biking. I did spin it also at home to get full enjoyment of the album.

Why liking this album?

There are many reasons on why I like this album very much despite the fact that this kind of music can be heard with bands like Symphony X, Kamelot, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Well, what I can tell you is that Adagio music is much grandiose than the others especially on combining the orchestra into their power metal style. I elaborate the reasons on liking this album as follows:

Power. Oh yeah . this album has "power" to elevate your emotion - well, it does happen with me in many occasion. There is no such thing as mellow track offered by Adagio throughout the contents of this album. All tracks full with energy and they flow nicely from opening track "Second Sight" right way through to bonus track "Niflheim". When I heard the opening track "Second Sight" my pulse ran faster than normal rate and my emotion boosted like a rocket. I feel like I'm running to my final destiny of life. It's very captivating right from the intro part, interlude of guitar solo by the band's leader Stephan Forté. Oh yes, of course there are some transition pieces where the music take curve lines into softer part with a very nice (and wonderful!) clavinet work like in approx minute 5:29. Oh my God . I like this music break! It continues beautifully with great guitar solo and powerful riffing of second track "The Inner Road" (5:45) where my pulse run even faster now because the music is more energetic. The peak of all power the music of this album produces is when the album title track is being played. Oh man .. It's so powerful and it serves as true pulse accelerator for me. This title track might be considered as normal power metal tune but it has great melody and wonderful interlude parts with classical touch and stunning guitar solo. Oh, I almost forget, that this also has powerful riffing!!!

Neat Composition. Power itself does not mean anything for me if the music is not neatly composed and put in an excellent arrangement. Fortunately, Adagio seems masterful on this issue because all of the nine tracks of this album are neatly composed. Bravo Stephan! And remember . this is just the beginning of the band's career and they demonstrated their capability already to the progressive metal world that they can compose excellent music. Why I say so is because of throughout the music Adagio offers many great subtleties that are lumped together nicely into the music. This includes how the band combines orchestral parts into different movements of the music. Of important notice is the band's interpretation of Led Zeppelin's legendary song "Immigrant Song" which the band takes instrumental approach to express their interpretation. Oh man, this is one of great covers that I ever encounter in rock music world. Adagio takes different approach in melody of the song and only maintains the riffs. The interlude part with eastern nuance plus violin work is truly amazing!

Melody. This wraps up everything required for an excellent music. If I got power and neat composition without excellent melody, it's gonna be a catastrophe for me. But that is NOT the case with this album. Each individual has its own nice melody that makes the music flows naturally and beautifully without any little flaw. The band has combined all the elements nicely: power, composition and melody so that the result is very captivating. Imagine if the band only sings the melody without good arrangement and necessary power (to add "drive") - it's gonna be a "dull" music. Even with the simple melody like track 3 "In Nomine ." (5:04), it tends to be boring. But the band has brilliantly added the classical touches and orchestration, plus excellent guitar and keybord works. It becomes so wonderful.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Even though I appreciate this album highly, it might not fit your tastes. I try to figure out things that might not favor you for liking this album. First, if you do not enjoy any music with metal parts / influenced, you'd better not to buy this CD. Second, if your tastes so far are revolving around symphonic prog music like old King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, it's gonna be difficult for you to accept (and therefore appreciate) this album fairly. Third, you might be an Yngwie Malmsteen fan and feel getting bored with what so called neo-classical metal. Fourth, you want to hear something new because this kind music is not invented by Adagio. There were bands that did similar things before Adagio.

For me personally, this album deserves five stars rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110650) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

4 stars Adagio's debut was a very promising album, filled with excellent musicianship, solid songwriting, and fairly good production. This album, along with the follow-up Underworld, are both excellent neo-classical progressive albums. Additionally, this album is the only one by Adagio that is completely ... (read more)

Report this review (#294955) | Posted by Mystery | Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Are they the European counterpart to Symphony X?, I don't think so, it's more than that. They're born not as a response to someone or something else. They create a balance between harmony and a wise sense of their musical faculties manifesting the way they feel the music and not trying to be a ... (read more)

Report this review (#233755) | Posted by Epsilon | Friday, August 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A NICE DEBUT WITH SOME THINGS TO FIX It's been a while since I reviewed my last album, and I think it's time to get back to the business. This is the first release that these French guys delivered to the Progressive Metal Scene and I think it's a pretty decent debut with its remarkable things ... (read more)

Report this review (#136307) | Posted by MadcapLaughs84 | Tuesday, September 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album from the "French" act is based in a deep influence from the neo-classic rock (in a Malmsteen's way) and mixed with progressive elements (in this case sometimes). The guitar's work from the future guitar master Stephan Forté is absolutely great, in each note he catches the enough ins ... (read more)

Report this review (#108743) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Adagio is a symphonic prog/power metal band built around french guitarist Stefan Forté. As a french guy too, it's a shame I didn't discover this band earlier, because the music played here is of top quality. It's heavy, fast paced, very symphonic metal with a lot of classical influences, a cro ... (read more)

Report this review (#73788) | Posted by zaxx | Saturday, April 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADAGIO "Sanctus Ignis"