SANCTUS IGNIS

Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Second Sight (6:07)
2. The Inner Road (5:45)
3. In Nomine... (5:04)
4. The Stringless Violin (7:00)
5. Seven Lands Of Sin (11:40)
6. Order Of Enlil (4:19)
7. Sanctus Ignis (4:07)
8. Panem Et Circences (5:21)
9. Immigrant Song (4:55)
10. Bonus track: Niflheim (4:05)

Search ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis lyrics

- David Readman / vocals
- Franck Hermanny / bass

SPV SPV 085-41572
Limb Music Products LMP 0105-031

ADAGIO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis Music

MOZART String Quartet n.19/Adagio and Fugue ITALIAN QUARTET Decca LXT 2853 LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 56m 3s
MA / AX / SCHUMANN / BRS / DAVIS - CELLO CTO / ADAGIO & ALLEGRO / NEW CD US $12.59 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Adagio Collection Multipack Complete Collection (Versione Multipack)144 Brani/ US $57.20 Buy It Now 1h 41m
3 CD set HANSSLER CLASSIC: ADAGIO US $7.50 [0 bids]
Tomaso Albinoni - Adagio From Concerto Organ & Strings [New] US $8.98 Buy It Now 2h 20m
BARBER / NPO / PHL / SCHIPPERS / ORMANDY - ADAGIO FOR STRINGS / ORCH US $12.59 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Adagio & Furioso, New Music US $14.06 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Adagio & Fugue in C Minor / String Quartet No 15, New Music US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Cello Concerto / Adagio & Allegro / Fantasiestuke, New Music US $7.32 Buy It Now 3h 3m
RICHIE BEIRACH - JAZZ ADAGIO NEW CD US $38.24 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Mozart Quintet in D/Adagio and Fugue in C minor Griller String Quartet Lp NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
SILVER WOOD & IVORY - ADAGIO CHRISTMAS NEW CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Adagio Lounge Classics - Japan CD NEW Yasuharu Konishi US $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 25m
KEHR TRIO - MOZART divertimento K.563 adagio & fugue K.404a DOVER LP EX++ US $14.00 Buy It Now 6h 21m
ALBINONI / SCOTTISH BAROQUE ENSEMBLE / FRIEDMAN - ADAGIO FOR STRINGS US $19.57 Buy It Now 6h 52m
GARY KARR / Albinoni Adagio 180gram Audiophile disc / Sealed US $59.99 [0 bids]
MOZART / BEZUIDENHOUT - STURM UND DRANG: FANTASIES / SONATAS / ADAGIO NEW CD US $25.05 Buy It Now 7h 22m
ADAGIO D'ALBINONI, GARY KARR HARMON LEWIS AUDIOPHILE JAPAN CISCO VINYL LP US $129.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
SEALED LP - LOLA BOBESCO - Albinoni: Adagio - Rossini, Pachelbel... DGG 2544 044 US $99.99 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Music for Relaxation: Adagio by Peter Davison (CD, Living Arts) US $1.95 Buy It Now 7h 51m
Barber's Adagio for Strings [Single] [Audio CD] William Orbit; Samuel Barber US $13.52 Buy It Now 8h 19m
Albinoni: Adagio & music by Mendelssohn, Handel, Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven US $1.00 [0 bids]
ENESCO : CONCERTINO/VIOLIN-PIANO SONATAS/ SONATINE/ADAGIO - ENESCO / LIPATTI US $80.00 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Nsou, Mastrangelo, Brusa,SEALED CD,Orchestral Works,Firelights,Adagio,Wedding So US $6.99 Buy It Now 9h 8m
CIGANSKI DIABLI - ADAGIO & FURIOSO NEW CD US $22.85 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Rhapsody In Blue/Appalachian Spring/Adagio - Angeles Philharm Los New US $15.25 Buy It Now 9h 45m
NEW Barber: Adagio For Strings by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $20.79 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Brahms/Furtwangler - Con Pno 2/Adagio [CD New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Marriner, ASMF, Brymer clarinet: Wagner: Adagio, Strauss. Argo ZRG 604 ed1 OVAL US $24.99 [0 bids]
BRAHMS: CLARINET QUINTET; MOZART: CLARINET QUINTET; BAERMANN: ADAGIO - NEW CD US $7.29 Buy It Now 11h 20m
SCHUBERT / ELISSO WIRSSALADZE - ADAGIO D.612 / 12 GRAZER WALTZES D.924 / NEW CD US $24.70 Buy It Now 11h 47m
Music for Meditation "Adagio" - Herbert Berger & Dresden Symphonic Orchestra (CD US $2.95 Buy It Now 12h 2m
"Mozart: Quartet in F, Adagio in C, Quintet in C" Japanese Import CD / PCM DENON US $19.95 Buy It Now 12h 38m
PAUL BADURA-SKODA - MOZART: Sonata/ Rondo/ Adagio-WESTMINTER WL 5154 US $150.00 Buy It Now 13h 33m
Barber/ Adagio For Strings Lawrence Foster (CD) US $2.25 Buy It Now 13h 37m
Adagio [Includes Profil Catalogue], New Music US $8.71 Buy It Now 13h 40m
LIGETI, GY"RGY [COMP - LIGETI: STRING QUARTETS; BARBER: ADAGIO - NEW CD US $9.96 Buy It Now 14h 40m
SCHUBERT, FRANZ [VIE - SCHUBERT: PIANO QUINTET "TROUT"; ADAGIO AND - NEW CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Mozart 2 Piano Sonatas, Adagio, Gigue Uchida W GERMAN US $19.69 Buy It Now 15h 3m
ALBINONI, TOMASO - ALBINONI: ADAGIO; PACHELBEL: CANON & GIGUE - NEW CD US $12.78 Buy It Now 16h 4m
DR. DRAW ADAGIO CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Samuel Barber - Barber: Adagio; Symphony No. 1; The School for Scandal CD US $6.51 Buy It Now 17h 57m
Adagio: Classical Music for Yoga US $4.49 [0 bids]
Adagio: Music for Yoga US $4.49 [0 bids]
Adagio: Music for Relaxation US $4.49 [0 bids]
18h
ADAGIO HERBERT VON KARAJAN 12" LP VINYL DG DEUTSCHE GRAMMOPHON 1973 CLASSICAL US $4.95 Buy It Now 18h 6m
EUGENE ORMANDY: Bach Toccata & Fugue, Adagio, Passacaglia (classical vinyl LP) US $17.00 Buy It Now 18h 39m
FRANCK POURCEL: Adagio, Danse Macabre, Galop, Ave Maria, Pathetique (vinyl LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 18h 39m
BAUMGARTNER PACHELBEL RAMEAU PURCELL Albinoni Adagio FESTIVAL STRINGS LUCERNE DG US $7.95 Buy It Now 18h 39m
Adagio Sealed Cassette Zeidler Turner Hill US $7.00 Buy It Now 18h 41m
Vivaldi Four Seasons Albinoni Adagio Pachelbel Canon Gigue Cassette US $7.00 Buy It Now 18h 41m
Barber's Adagio & Other Romantic Favorites for Strings (CD, Jul-1987, CBS... US $6.95 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Mahler Adagio - V/A New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.10 Buy It Now 18h 52m
LEONARD BERNSTEIN - BARBER: ADAGIO FOR STRINGS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $19.19 Buy It Now 19h 13m
Barber:adagio for Strings - Leonard Slatkin New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipp US $13.46 Buy It Now 19h 44m
Mahler: Symphony No.8/Adagio from Symphony No.10 (2CDs) (1998) US $7.73 Buy It Now 20h 33m
Adagio-Music for Tai Chi by Peter Davidson (Cassette) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Sinfonia Per Archi Op 53 / Adagio Amoroso by US $13.93 Buy It Now 20h 53m
Hummel: Potpourri; Adagio and Rondo alla Polacca; Violin Concerto in C; Piano Va US $13.93 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Albinoni Adagio Mendelssohn Scherzo Beethoven Contradances Marriner Angel S37044 US $14.27 Buy It Now 21h 19m
Adagio Royal De Boisvallee Coecilia Bonneau Fontana 6549534 RARE US $10.70 Buy It Now 21h 19m
MOZART Piano Sonatas 570 576 Adagio 540 ARRAU Philips LP US $8.14 [0 bids]
ADAGIO SANCTUS IGNIS + 2 BONUS TRACK JAPAN CD OBI 2476yen MICP w/STICKER 1ST PR US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 36m
Solitude Aeturnus - Adagio 2 x LP Eyes Like Snow Import NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 22h 7m
Solitude Aeturnus - Adagio 2 x LP Eyes Like Snow Import Silver Vinyl NEW US $44.99 Buy It Now 22h 8m
ADAGIO FOR STRINGS - NEW CD US $10.58 Buy It Now 22h 54m
Adagio & Other Romantic Favorites for Strings US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Erato ALBINONI Adagio, Concertos Carl RISTENPART Maurice ANDRE G.F. HENDEL US $8.90 Buy It Now 1 day
NAXOS - BARBER - ORCHESTRAL WORKS VOLUME 2 CELLO CONCERTO / MEDEA/ ADAGIO US $6.51 Buy It Now 1 day
ALBINONI - ADAGIO / CONCERTO JEAN WITOLD , NONESUCH H-71005 lp EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAGIO - UNDERWORLD [ADAGIO] [3700226407726] - NEW CD US $12.57 Buy It Now 1 day
W.A. Mozart - Con Vn 3/5/Rondo/Adagio [CD New] US $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
E. Brusa - Firelights/Adagio/Wedding Song/Requiescat/& [CD New] US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAGIO - BAND IN UPPERWORLD - NEW CD US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
EMERALD RAIN/ADAGIO - SANCTUS IGNIS [EMERALD RAIN/ADAGIO] - NEW CD US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
QUEST FOR SERENITY: ADAGIO (5024952820092) - NEW CD US $11.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Pachelbel Kanon/Albinoni Adagio/Stuttgart Orchestra Karl Munchinger 1978 lp VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jean-François Paillard - Albinoni-Pachelbel : Adagio / Canon (The Erato (NEW CD) US $12.62 Buy It Now 1 day
HERBERT VON KARAJAN / BERLIN PHILHARMONIC "CHRISTMAS ADAGIO" COMPACT DISC / CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Mahler: Symphonies Nos. 7, 9, & 10 - Adagio (Royal Edition No. 50), , Box set, O US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DECCA LXT 5660 (SXL 2297) *VIENNA OCTET* BRAHMS CLARINET QUINTET WAGNER ADAGIO US $25.35 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAGIO II/A SPECIAL COLLECTION New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $23.54 Buy It Now 1 day
ARTHUR FIEDLER 12" 78 RPM BACH Adagio / Fantasia in C Major US $15.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Schumann Adagio - Therese Ryan New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $24.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Orpheus CO plays Albinoni Adagio & Pachelbel Canon etc DG 429 390 CD US $10.60 Buy It Now 1 day
VIVALDI, ANTONIO - VIVALDI: THE FOUR SEASONS/ALBINONI: ADAGIO IN - NEW CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
ADAGIO [CD] [1 DISC] [028946812921] - NEW CD US $5.76 Buy It Now 1 day
Adagio Mahler (CD, May-1997, Naxos (Distributor)) New Unsealed US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Leonard Bernstein - Barber: Adagio For Strings [CD New] US $13.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Albinoni: Adagio, , New US $7.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Mahler: Symphony No. 1- Titan / Symphony No. 10 (Adagio), New Music US $6.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Romantic Adagio: Karajan (CD, Jan-1997, DG Deutsche Grammophon (USA)) US $7.95 [0 bids]
BARBER: Adagio; Sym. No. 1; School for Scandal w/Zinman (ARGO - Sealed) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis; Barber: Adagio for... US $5.95 [0 bids]
Gershwin/Copland/Barber - Rhapsody In Blue/Appalachian Spring/Adagio [CD New] US $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Herbert Von Karajan - Romantic Adagio [CD New] US $20.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SANTO &JOHNNY Adagio Giorgio Gaslini 1971 FREE SHIPPING US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Deadverse 2011 Caution To The Wind LP German Hardcore NM Adagio830 US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ZELENKA, JAN DISMAS - ADAGIO: A CONSIDERATION OF A SERIOUS MATTER - NEW CD US $12.17 Buy It Now 1 day
DG 2530 247 - ADAGIO - Albinoni / Pachelbel / Boccherini / Respighi Ex LP Record US $13.02 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy ADAGIO music online Buy ADAGIO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ADAGIO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis ratings distribution

ADAGIO Sanctus Ignis reviews

Review by Vanwarp
4 stars Adagio is the creation of french premier guitarist Stephan Forte. In 2001, he surrounded himself with some very capable musicians for his debut album. He got David Readman (Pink Cream 69) on vocals and Dirk Bruinenberg (Elegy) on drums. Stephan Forte programmed the keyboards himself and obtained the services of Richard Anderssen of Majestic for all the complex keyboard solo parts. To round out the band you got Franck Hermanny on bass.

So, who is Stephan Forte?

At a very young age, Forte was heavily influenced by guitar virtuoso Ygnwie Malmsteen, and later by artists such as Shawn Lane and Allan Holdsworth. After practicing an average of 10 hours a day for what must have been most of his childhood life, Forte breezed into the prestigious "Ecole des Musiques Actuelles de Nancy" in France. His penchant for "baroque" music and "neo-classical" influences can be found spread all over his debut album.

Forte's guitar playing is simply impeccable. At times he will remind you of Yngwie Malmsteen and at other moments John Petrucci. You want specifics, then check out his commanding solos on the second half of "Panem et Circences" or his outstanding guitar work on the instrumental "Order of Enlil." In fact, you can actually select any track and find some truly amazing guitar work.

What to expect from Adagio's debut album?

The music here is heavy and very intense and true Symphonic Prog Metal doesn't get any better than this. Classical influences abound, progressive elements throughout, some double bass drums, passionate piano passages, crunchy guitar riffs and amazing guitar and keyboard solos, its all here for your enjoyment! There's no denying Forte's strong songwriting abilities. For orchestration purposes Forte used the "Avigon Symphony Orchestra" and for choir sections, "The Ensemble Vocal de Lyon."

Lets move on to the tracks, shall we?

What a great opener "Second Sight" is, just a wonderful song from beginning to end. The listener is introduced to Adagio in all its glory with piano, choir, orchestrations and great guitar lines in tow.

"The Inner Road" moves along a little more aggressively while "In Nomine" is a little more classically influenced and ranks as one of the highlights on the album.

The organ intro to "The Stringless Violin" left me breathless for a moment. This is an awesome track about facing death and accepting your life for what it is...a very emotional and powerful moment on the album! So much variety, so very rich, so very fulfilling!

"The Seven Lands of Sin" lies at the heart of the album. This epic track encompasses everything you might possibly want to know about Adagio.

"Panem and Circences" is another FAV of mine. This track just grew on me with each listen of the album, and of all the tracks I found myself anxious to hear this one again the most. The whole album is great but this track sort-a sticks out from the bottom half of the album for me!

What to say about Adagio's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"? It is a refreshing interpretation...perhaps not the best I've heard but good nonetheless. The album includes a bonus track titled "Niflheim", 4 extra minutes of music for a total playing time of 58m35s.

There is an effortless feel and flow to Adagio's music. You will be mesmerized by it as well! I have always enjoyed progressive metal & symphonic power metal, but with the coming of Adagio, the quality of the music had never reached this level of overall satisfaction with me.

Genre & Style of Music played here - Progressive Symphonic Neo-classical Metal. Similar in a way to: Therion, Royal Hunt, Blind Guardian, Symphony X and Stratovarius.

Send comments to Vanwarp (BETA) | Report this review (#41745) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 05, 2005

Review by Gatot
5 stars Great Symphonic Power Metal album!

Having been satisfied with the "Underworld" album, my journey to Adagio's music continues with "Sanctus Ignis" - the band's debut album in 2001. To my surprise, I also enjoy this album very much. Now I understand why my colleague metal friend Michelle told me long time ago that the band named as ADAGIO was a great and I thought that it must had been a metal band. Why? I heard the name of the band from a friend who is a metal head. He always talk about metal bands - of course including Dream Theater, Kamelot, Stratovarious and Yngwie Malmsteen.

My first spin of "Sanctus Ignis" just started, I think, about a month ago when I made a decision to ride a bicycle to work. Well, nothing matter actually for most people but it meant something for me. The first day I biked to work was started while listening to the full album of "Sanctus Ignis" and I did enjoy it very well. My journey of approx 50 KM (home - office - home) knew nothing on being tired or bored with the journey, even it made it fruitful and entertaining. Especially, I used a decent Senheizer earphone with a good audio quality that made my PDA MP3 player transmitted great quality. Of course, I did not enjoy this album only while biking. I did spin it also at home to get full enjoyment of the album.

Why liking this album?

There are many reasons on why I like this album very much despite the fact that this kind of music can be heard with bands like Symphony X, Kamelot, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. Well, what I can tell you is that Adagio music is much grandiose than the others especially on combining the orchestra into their power metal style. I elaborate the reasons on liking this album as follows:

Power. Oh yeah . this album has "power" to elevate your emotion - well, it does happen with me in many occasion. There is no such thing as mellow track offered by Adagio throughout the contents of this album. All tracks full with energy and they flow nicely from opening track "Second Sight" right way through to bonus track "Niflheim". When I heard the opening track "Second Sight" my pulse ran faster than normal rate and my emotion boosted like a rocket. I feel like I'm running to my final destiny of life. It's very captivating right from the intro part, interlude of guitar solo by the band's leader Stephan Forté. Oh yes, of course there are some transition pieces where the music take curve lines into softer part with a very nice (and wonderful!) clavinet work like in approx minute 5:29. Oh my God . I like this music break! It continues beautifully with great guitar solo and powerful riffing of second track "The Inner Road" (5:45) where my pulse run even faster now because the music is more energetic. The peak of all power the music of this album produces is when the album title track is being played. Oh man .. It's so powerful and it serves as true pulse accelerator for me. This title track might be considered as normal power metal tune but it has great melody and wonderful interlude parts with classical touch and stunning guitar solo. Oh, I almost forget, that this also has powerful riffing!!!

Neat Composition. Power itself does not mean anything for me if the music is not neatly composed and put in an excellent arrangement. Fortunately, Adagio seems masterful on this issue because all of the nine tracks of this album are neatly composed. Bravo Stephan! And remember . this is just the beginning of the band's career and they demonstrated their capability already to the progressive metal world that they can compose excellent music. Why I say so is because of throughout the music Adagio offers many great subtleties that are lumped together nicely into the music. This includes how the band combines orchestral parts into different movements of the music. Of important notice is the band's interpretation of Led Zeppelin's legendary song "Immigrant Song" which the band takes instrumental approach to express their interpretation. Oh man, this is one of great covers that I ever encounter in rock music world. Adagio takes different approach in melody of the song and only maintains the riffs. The interlude part with eastern nuance plus violin work is truly amazing!

Melody. This wraps up everything required for an excellent music. If I got power and neat composition without excellent melody, it's gonna be a catastrophe for me. But that is NOT the case with this album. Each individual has its own nice melody that makes the music flows naturally and beautifully without any little flaw. The band has combined all the elements nicely: power, composition and melody so that the result is very captivating. Imagine if the band only sings the melody without good arrangement and necessary power (to add "drive") - it's gonna be a "dull" music. Even with the simple melody like track 3 "In Nomine ." (5:04), it tends to be boring. But the band has brilliantly added the classical touches and orchestration, plus excellent guitar and keybord works. It becomes so wonderful.

Why (you are) NOT liking this album?

Even though I appreciate this album highly, it might not fit your tastes. I try to figure out things that might not favor you for liking this album. First, if you do not enjoy any music with metal parts / influenced, you'd better not to buy this CD. Second, if your tastes so far are revolving around symphonic prog music like old King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, it's gonna be difficult for you to accept (and therefore appreciate) this album fairly. Third, you might be an Yngwie Malmsteen fan and feel getting bored with what so called neo-classical metal. Fourth, you want to hear something new because this kind music is not invented by Adagio. There were bands that did similar things before Adagio.

For me personally, this album deserves five stars rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#110650) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 04, 2007

4 stars Adagio's debut was a very promising album, filled with excellent musicianship, solid songwriting, and fairly good production. This album, along with the follow-up Underworld, are both excellent neo-classical progressive albums. Additionally, this album is the only one by Adagio that is completely ... (read more)

Report this review (#294955) | Posted by Mystery | Tuesday, August 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Are they the European counterpart to Symphony X?, I don't think so, it's more than that. They're born not as a response to someone or something else. They create a balance between harmony and a wise sense of their musical faculties manifesting the way they feel the music and not trying to be a ... (read more)

Report this review (#233755) | Posted by Epsilon | Friday, August 21, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A NICE DEBUT WITH SOME THINGS TO FIX It's been a while since I reviewed my last album, and I think it's time to get back to the business. This is the first release that these French guys delivered to the Progressive Metal Scene and I think it's a pretty decent debut with its remarkable things ... (read more)

Report this review (#136307) | Posted by MadcapLaughs84 | Tuesday, September 04, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album from the "French" act is based in a deep influence from the neo-classic rock (in a Malmsteen's way) and mixed with progressive elements (in this case sometimes). The guitar's work from the future guitar master Stephan Forté is absolutely great, in each note he catches the enough ins ... (read more)

Report this review (#108743) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 24, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Adagio is a symphonic prog/power metal band built around french guitarist Stefan Forté. As a french guy too, it's a shame I didn't discover this band earlier, because the music played here is of top quality. It's heavy, fast paced, very symphonic metal with a lot of classical influences, a cro ... (read more)

Report this review (#73788) | Posted by zaxx | Saturday, April 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ADAGIO "Sanctus Ignis"