THE CRY OF PLEASURE

- Mario Guccio / voice
- Paolo Ragatzu / drums
- Roland De Greef / bass
- Thierry Plas / guitar

MACHIAVEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MACHIAVEL The Cry Of Pleasure Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
JesterJester
E.M.I. Music
Break OutBreak Out
Arcad 2000
Vinyl$80.90 (used)

More places to buy MACHIAVEL music online Buy MACHIAVEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MACHIAVEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MACHIAVEL The Cry Of Pleasure ratings distribution

MACHIAVEL The Cry Of Pleasure reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Thanks to my brother (merci Jean-Luc) who converted the vinyl version into CD, I am able to write this review.

After a very long break in their career after the miserable "Cry Out" and the theft of their equipment during an Alice Cooper's European tour for which the band was support act (and which will leave an indelible mark on them, for many reasons) the band decided to reform. They had some fun together during a well known Belgian event (Francofolies in Spa) which saw them back on stage with another one of our national glory (there aren't many over here) : Stellla (yes, three lll's).

It is the only Machiavel record without Marc Isaye (a founding member). To be able to use the "Machiavel" name, he was offered either a royalty fee or a fixed fee. He opted for the latter option which was a good choice since this album won't sell.

And if you listen to it, you can understand why. Very poor music my friends. Funky styled during several songs, the worse being achieved with "Wait" although "Your Soul" is pretty bad as well. If ever you are into AOR, "Children Calling" or "Fight For Love" might be of appeal to you, but it is ABSOLUTELY not my case. "Press next"T.

There is actually one very good song included on this album : "No Way To Heaven". It is a fan favourite and still played during their concerts nowadays. Since it is really the only good song from this dreadful album, I recommend to get one out of many compilation albums to avoid you such a painful experience. To listen again to this album in its entirety was a kind of VERY difficult task for me.

I am not 100% sure, but the worse might well be achieved with "Flesh & Blood". Vaguely "Yes" oriented (but the "Yes" of the eighties if you see what I mean).

I am still thinking of my brother (not John, but Jean-Luc) who had to listen to this nightmare while converting it for me. He did a great job, but since the source was so poor, he could hardly improve it. As I say to my customers : sh*t in, sh*t out.

There is of course only one rating possible. And I definitely owe Jean-Luc a good dinner for his services. Thanks a lot brother and sorry for having done this to you!

I am indeed crying, but not of pleasure.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#163507) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 08, 2008

Post a review of MACHIAVEL "The Cry Of Pleasure "