SEPARATE WORLDS

- Ali Shayesteh / saxophone, bazouki
- Jesus Florido / 7 string violin

CD Music Unifier Records

Thanks to garion81 for the addition

NIMA & MERGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIMA & MERGE Separate Worlds Music

Separate WorldsSeparate Worlds
CD Baby 2005

More places to buy NIMA & MERGE music online Buy NIMA & MERGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIMA & MERGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIMA & MERGE Separate Worlds ratings distribution

NIMA & MERGE Separate Worlds reviews

Review by Garion81
4 stars Once in a while a group comes along and demands your attention. Nima and Merge is that group for me this year. I actually saw the band play before I heard any of their CD's and have been blown away with everything they do. I love the other two CD's but this one completely blows the other two away.

The Nima and Merge experience has to be understood in that they are very acoustic but rarely do you find yourself thinking that. They get so intense at times I am reminded of Shakti with John McGlaughlin. If the first two songs from this CD, Fire Eyes and Road to Hana, do not grab you then you will never like this band. How can I describe the talent in Nima Rezai? I can only say is put on Road to Hana and listen to the man. The man actually finds a way to mix a bass guitar, Lead guitar, and keyboards in his playing the Chapman stick. I am sorry that I cannot describe the complex melodies he creates and holds. If Nima weren't enough Brad Ranola on percussion and drums is one of the best new drummers I have heard in a while. He reminds me a bit of Bill Bruford and Louie Belson mixed together. When the song hits around the 3:30 minute mark Nima pulls off a great bass and guitar line on the stick off of the intro that culminates in an incredible solo from Dan Heflin on the sax. That is just one song! There is the 4 song "Separate Worlds Suite" that starts with the 9+ minute "Driven" and ends with the fantastic Kurdish Dance that highlights the CD. I haven't been able to change this CD yet today. Track number 9 "Reng" adds a total world sound adding Randy Graves on didjeridu and clapsticks. I also have mention how well the tracks flow from one to another. The production is perfect with every note clear. This is a solid, solid CD. No filler, no junk.

I want to so badly give this CD a 5 but I won't. It hasn't stood the test of time. I also think it needs more people listening and reviewing. I will leave that 5th that star to them. I will sum this up this way: Do you like Jazz? Do you like fusion? Do you like a touch of world music? Are you a fan of Improv and instrumentals? Do yourself a favor click on WWW.MergeMucic.Com and put in a order for this today! You will not regret it.

4.75 Solid stars!

Send comments to Garion81 (BETA) | Report this review (#42647) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 12, 2005

Post a review of NIMA & MERGE "Separate Worlds"