IQ20 - THE TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY SHOW

2. The Thousand Days/The Magic Roundabout
3. Erosion
4. State Of Mine/ Leap Of Faith/Came Down
5. The Seventh House
6. The Narrow Margin (middle section)
7. Human Nature

4. The Wake
5. Mamma Mia/Out of Nowhere
The Lens:
1. Sleep Until You Wake
2. Choosing A Farmer (Pt 1)
3. Of Tide And Change
Intro and Outro films
- Access All Areas (tour diary)
- Cookie Cam (hot drummer action!)
- Stage Set-up (time-lapse)
- Photo Gallery

Special guests:
- Tim Esau / bass
- Tony Wright / saxophones

DVD GEP GEPDVD9002

Thanks to velvetclown for the addition

Buy IQ IQ20 - The Twentieth Anniversary Show Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Road of BonesThe Road of Bones
Seventh HouseSeventh House
EverEver
Forever LiveForever Live
Iq Live From The Camden Palace DVD US $24.68 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Sports IQ VHS Video NEW Jeopardy Game Trivia Baseball Basketball Football Boxing US $0.99 [0 bids]
IQ Live From London DVD PROG (Jadis, Frost, Genesis, Arena, Marillion, Frost*) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 34 VHS Movies Sealed~Top Gun,Shaft,The Mummy,Rio Bravo,IQ,Black Rain,more US $34.50 [0 bids]
19h
THE PRINCE & ME / SABRINA / I.Q. Triple Feature 3-Disc DVD Set IQ US $6.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Baby IQ: Baby's First Words (DVD, 2009) US $11.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Brainy IQ - World Around Us (DVD, 2008) US $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BRAINY BABY - BABY IQ: APRENDIENDO A CONTAR 1,2,3 Counting (SPANISH) DVD - NEW!! US $11.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Brainy IQ - World Around Us (DVD, 2009) BRAND NEW! US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Baby IQ: Animals (DVD, 2010) BRAND NEW! US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Baby IQ: Aprendiendo los Colores (DVD, 2009) BRAND NEW! US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Baby IQ: Baby's First Words (DVD, 2009) US $9.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Ghawar: Shaqa2iq al No3man~ Dorid Laham, Salma al Masri Classic Arabic Movie DVD US $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
PRINCE & ME & SABRINA (1995) / IQ by US $5.94 Buy It Now 4 days
DVD BABY IQ THE WORLD AROUND US Ages Baby & Toddler Interactive Experience NEW US $7.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Brainy Baby Baby Iq World Around Us DVD !! US $15.21 Buy It Now 5 days
BRAINY IQ - WORLD AROUND US - NEW DVD US $9.26 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW - MythBusters: Sinking Titanic / Goldfish IQ Test US $29.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE PRINCE & ME SABRINA IQ Triple Feature 3-disc Set Chick Flicks DVD FREE SHIP US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Baby IQ: Baby's First Words (DVD, 2009) US $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Baby IQ: Animals (DVD, 2010) ages baby & toddler Brainy Baby w London Symphony US $14.00 Buy It Now 10 days
RYAN,MEG-IQ DVD NEW US $8.51 Buy It Now 10 days
BABY IQ:WORLD AROUND US BY BABY IQ FILMS (DVD) US $18.74 Buy It Now 10 days
Baby IQ: Aprendiendo los Colores (DVD, 2009) RY36 US $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Baby IQ: Baby's First Words (DVD, 2009) RY37 US $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Baby IQ: Animals (DVD, 2010) US $11.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Brainy Baby Baby Iq-World Around Us US $10.37 Buy It Now 13 days
Brainy IQ - World Around Us (DVD, 2008) Promotes Talk Naturally, Free Shipping US $9.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Baby IQ: Baby's First Words (DVD, 2009) Promotes Talk Naturally, Free Shipping ! US $14.95 Buy It Now 15 days
New Baby IQ Colors DVD Brainy Baby Music performed By London Symphony Orchestra US $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
DVD BABY IQ THE WORLD AROUND US Ages Baby & Toddler Interactive Experience NEW US $7.50 Buy It Now 17 days
Baby Iq:world Around Us - DVD Brand New US $17.34 Buy It Now 18 days
2013 24foot Navion IQ Cover - Used Once US $270.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Iq (Ws) (2003) - Used - Dvd US $1.99 Buy It Now 18 days
BRAINY BABY: BABY IQ - Colors Brainy Baby DVD US $3.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Brainy IQ - World Around Us (DVD, 2009) RY22 US $5.00 Buy It Now 20 days
Brainy IQ - World Around Us (DVD, 2009) RY11 New! US $10.00 Buy It Now 20 days
How a Car Is Built, with IQ Parrot [VHS] VHS Tape US $3.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Baby Iq:aprendiendo Los Colores Color - DVD Brand New US $15.00 Buy It Now 22 days
4 BABY IQ (2007, 4 DVD) Baby's First Words, The World, Colors, Counting: Lot US $24.00 Buy It Now 23 days
IQ (DVD, 2009, Widescreen) NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 24 days
BRAINY BABY: BABY IQ - Counting DVD, Brainy Baby, Director Not Provided US $5.42 Buy It Now 24 days
IQ (1994) / NEW DVD US $9.50 Buy It Now 25 days
I.Q. DVD NEW [IQ] [1994 Tim Robbins Meg Ryan] US $10.42 Buy It Now 26 days
Butch Harmon DVD #3 Course IQ DVD US $10.43 Buy It Now 26 days
DVD BABY IQ COLORS Interactive Experience London Symphony Orchestra NEW US $7.50 Buy It Now 26 days
IQ: Live from the Camden Palace - Hardcover Brand New US $15.86 Buy It Now 28 days
Legion Blu-ray+ Digital Copy, Movie IQ sync and BD Live enabled. US $8.00 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy IQ music online Buy IQ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IQ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IQ IQ20 - The Twentieth Anniversary Show ratings distribution

IQ IQ20 - The Twentieth Anniversary Show reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Stunning Neo Prog Live Performance!

I should have reviewed this excellent DVD right away after I watched it last year when a friend of mine bought me the DVD during business trip to London. To me it was valuable gift because I have been a fan of IQ. Oh yes, I love the band since they released "The Wake" album and I got the cassette version which, finally, I upgraded to CD sometime in 1997. To me, IQ is very important because the band has successfully created music with many memorable segments in nearly every song they write. The memorable segments typically come out from the soft guitar work of Mike Holmes or keyboard solo by Martin Orford or vocals of Peter Nichols or it could be combination of both or three of them. Martin and Mike were previously with the band, called The Lens, before they formed IQ. I remember vividly that from The Wake album I got memorable melodies from songs like "The Wake", "Widow's Peak", "Headlong" and "The Magic Roundabout". Since then I always purchased albums (live and studio) of IQ until the last one "Dark Matter".

This concert commemorates the band's 20 Years of Prog Nonsense (that's how exactly the opening screen welcomes us!) at The Mean Fiddler, London, 15 December 2001 (exactly the 12th birthday of my daughter, Dian). The DVD comes out with double disc with disc one contains material from the show and disc two contains special features (Encores, The Lens, Photo Gallery, etc.). Everything is packaged in deluxe cardboard with printed history of the band. Phisically, it's quite good packaging - especially for those who love the band.

Disc One: The Show

The opening scene contains evolution of a band which includes how IQ logo has evolved. Personally, I like this portion because I followed the band since The Wake album so I could feel how the change has impacted the fans. The scene then focuses on stage where Martin Orford comes out to the stage and stand at his keyboard equipment. His pulsating keyboard which sounds the intro of "Awake and Nervous" provides entrance for guitar, bass and drums to take their parts. Peter Nichols takes his microphone stand to sing. Stage-act wise, these gentlemen do not seem very good in stage act. But it's okay, their individual performance is great. The music flows naturally to "The Thousand Days - The Magic Roundabout". All melodies sound familiar to my ears and I really enjoy this track. On "Erosion" the band plays excellent and memorable melodies and so the audience enjoy the songs featured.

The medley "State of Mine" (Subterranea) - "Leap of Faith" - "Came Down" (Ever) bring the music into uplifting mood as this medley offers wonderful melodies and harmonies. "The Seventh House" is also performed with practically no mistake at all. On "Human Nature" the band invites Tony Wright on stage to play saxophone. Well, this song means a lot to me as it was part of my favorite songs with good melody. I like Tony Wright's contribution at "Capricorn". Just before the saxophone work, Peter Nichols and Mike Holmes made some jokes between the two and a bit disturbing Nichols's singing. It's okay as it indicates the band looks more fun.

Right after "Guiding Light" the band provides break for Peter Nichols to communicate with the audience on the changing personnel throughout the band's career in the early years. What a big surprise when Nichols introduces previous bass player TIM ESAU to come on stage playing the bass guitar. "This is the first time ever that the five of us on stage together to perform the song we have never played together on stage.. and this is HEADLONG .." [Nichols' introductory words] Wow!!! Man . this is "the" thing man .. because I love this song very very very much! The melody of this song is really killing me man! I always repeat this song whenever I play "The Wake" album. And sorry .. I have to tell you the lyrics of this song because I always sing along when I listen to this song:

"I'm here. The ragged burden come to nothing. Comfort go. We drift. I talk with you and hear you though you're never here. Hovering above me like a net. I'm terrified to look beyond the threat. I kill ambition while I can". Oh my God what a melodious music segment this one is!

The music which combines keyboard solo and guitar riffs is really nice. Overall performance of this song is perfect with each player contributes the subtleties of sounds and nuances perfectly the same with studio version. It's an awesome performance and I always repeat it many times. Quite ashamed to tell you that tears almost flow in my eyes hearing how melodic this song is. It's so memorable and so legendary that this track is finally performed live by the band. Thanks IQ!

Disc Two: Special Features

The producer of the concert is brilliant putting the encores under bonus disc. It's like another show in itself and it starts energetically with "Subterranea". At this Encores the band members look more relax with their performance. John Jowitt does a lot of movement on stage. The crowd sing along "Subterranea" with Nichols. Tony Wright comes on stage again to give his sax work in Subterranea. Paul Cook's drumming is excellent. Right after Tony Wright's solo the music turns into reggae music where Peter Nichols introduces each member of the band. It's really friendly and dynamic in nuance.

The other track which I also love is "The Wake" and the band plays it live with original bass player Tim Esau. This track is performed much more dynamic here at live version than the original studio version.

The disc also includes the performance of Martin Orford and Mike Holmes band before they formed IQ - The Lens. The music of The Lens was very influential to the music of IQ. All backstage activities also featured here and quite entertaining.

Overall, this is an excellent live set DVD and its special features worth collecting for those who like neo progressive music. It's a must for IQ fans. Highly recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#96136) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 29, 2006

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars Id like to write these lines just to add some features to Salmatics excellent review. The first CD is absolutely great and was very well covered. Any prog fan should check this out. The second DVD is also very much interesting, since the idea of puttint the encores and extras on it was very well done. The band plays some good tracks of their own like Subterranea and The Wake. Its good to see ex bass player Tim Esau here, along with John Jowitt (who seemes to be enjoying himself a lot!). On the other hand they also prove they have a good sense of humor, even with a twist, and throw in some very unexpected covers like Jet (Paul MacCartney), Crazy Horses (The Osmonds!) and even some parts of Mama Mia (ABBA). All did in a very relaxing, almost party-like manner. After that the band comes back dressed in a parody of the late 70s afro hair and flashy clothes. Presented as The Lens, `a great influence in IQs music, they are in fact IQ themselves (minus Nichols) and perform some old instrumental songs they had written when the band was still known (ou mostly unknown) as The Lens. Musicaly speaking I was very pleased to hear those songs and confirm this group was good and orginal from the very start. Excellent prog instrumentals!

The extras are well done and show a band that seems to never get old.

A must have to any prog fan, even if youre really a neo prog lover. Highly recommended!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#113259) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 23, 2007

5 stars This DVD is the best IQ's DVD so far. Just imagine, for celebrating their 20th anniversary show in The Mean Fiddler, London, IQ presented their best tracks from their first album "Tales From The Lush Attic" until their latest album at the moment, "The Seventh House". This could be a special Ch ... (read more)

Report this review (#102099) | Posted by Fernandi | Friday, December 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Want a bit of typical British humor? Want a bit of five very nice guys taking themselves no too seriously while playing like hell in the meantime? Want a real gem, great value for money? Then get this one!! I have to admit, I have been into IQ from their first album on. This was one GREAT ... (read more)

Report this review (#79030) | Posted by Theo Verstrael | Monday, May 22, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Actually I was suprised this DVD was not yet included in the archive. Thanks velvetclown. I want to be the first one who submits a review on this "jewel". This DVD, includes the 20th year anniversary show, held in 2001 in London, and some nice parts taken from various soundchecks held during th ... (read more)

Report this review (#43081) | Posted by luc4fun | Tuesday, August 16, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IQ "IQ20 - The Twentieth Anniversary Show"