HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WAR OF THE WORLDS

Jeff Wayne

Jeff Wayne Highlights from The War of the Worlds album cover

Buy JEFF WAYNE Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1993

1. The Eve of the War (5:13)
2. Horsell Common and the Heat Ray (4:45)
3. Forever Autumn (4:31)
4. The Fighting Machine (4:25)
5. Thunder Child (5:09)
6. The Red Weed (6:06)
7. The Spirit of Man (6:44)
8. Dead London (5:25)
9. Brave new World (5:23)

Search JEFF WAYNE Highlights from The War of the Worlds lyrics

- Ken 'Prof' Freeman / synthesizers
- Paul Hart / piano (6)
- Ray Cooper / percussion
- Roy Jones / percussion
- Chris Tompson / vocals (5)
- Phil Lynott / vocals (7)
- Julie Covington / vocals (7)
- Justin Wayward / vocals (1, 3)
- Richard Burton / narration (1, 6, 8)

Black vinyl version released in 1981,
Cassette released in 1982,
Issued on cd in 1993,
Re-issued on cd in 1996 and 1997

Thanks to king16 for the addition

JEFF WAYNE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JEFF WAYNE Highlights from The War of the Worlds Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
War of the WorldsWar of the Worlds
Sony UK 2009
Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds, The New GenerationJeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds, The New Generation
101 DISTRIBUTION 2012
War of the WorldsWar of the Worlds
Import · Remastered
Sony/Epic 1996
WAR OF THE WORLDS - HIGHLIGHTS FROM JEFF WAYNE'S VERSION OF WAR OF THE WORLDS LP USD $7.06 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Highlights From Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds (EX COND) USD $7.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Highlights From Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds Vinyl LP USD $10.22 [0 bids]
WAR OF THE WORLDS - HIGHLIGHTS FROM JEFF WAYNE'S WAR OF THE WORLDS CD ALBUM USD $6.27 Buy It Now 5 days
JEFF WAYNE Highlights From The War Of The Worlds LP 9 Track Nice Price Stickered USD $13.21 Buy It Now 6 days
Jeff Wayne - Highlights From Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds (NEW CD) USD $9.81 Buy It Now 6 days
Highlights From Jeff Waynes Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds The New Gen USD $9.44 [0 bids]
HIGHLIGHTS FROM JEFF WAYNE´S MUSICAL VERSION OF WAR OF THE WORLDS OST CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Jeff Wayne - Highlights From The War of The Worlds - EX Compilation Vinyl LP USD $9.36 Buy It Now 7 days
Highlights from Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds USD $13.30 Buy It Now 10 days
Jeff Wayne : War of the Worlds (Highlights from Waynes musical version) CD (1996 USD $7.77 Buy It Now 15 days
Highlights From Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds, CBS 85337 Ex Condition A1/B2 USD $12.56 Buy It Now 16 days
Jeff Wayne - Highlights From The War Of The Worlds LP USD $11.79 Buy It Now 19 days
Highlights from Jeff Wayne's the War of the Worlds 0888750195227, CD, BRAND NEW USD $26.10 Buy It Now 20 days
Highlights from Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War Of The Worlds - LP Record USD $20.43 Buy It Now 21 days
Highlights from Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds (2007) CD NEW USD $10.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Highlights From Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New. USD $21.35 Buy It Now 23 days
Soundtrack - Highlights from Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds (CD 1997) USD $7.39 Buy It Now 24 days
Highlights From Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - The New. USD $18.90 Buy It Now 24 days
Highlights From Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds - (NEW CD) USD $20.43 Buy It Now 25 days
Highlights from Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds USD $12.45 Buy It Now 25 days
WAYNE, JEFF - WAR OF THE WORLDS - HIGHLIGHTS FROM - NEW CD USD $10.67 Buy It Now 26 days
JEFF WAYNE-HIGHLIGHTS FROM JEFF WAYNE'S MUSICAL VERSION OF WAR OF THE WORLDS-CD USD $10.24 Buy It Now 29 days
JEFF WAYNE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MUSICAL WAR OF THE WORLDS AUSTRALIAN TAPE USD $10.25 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy JEFF WAYNE music online Buy JEFF WAYNE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JEFF WAYNE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JEFF WAYNE Highlights from The War of the Worlds ratings distribution

JEFF WAYNE Highlights from The War of the Worlds reviews

Review by Tristan Mulders
2 stars Jeff Wayne - Highlights from The War of the Worlds

I find this somewhat of an unnecessary release. All the album tracks have been cut up into radio friendly lengths; ...and that's exactly where the album loses its power (and credibility).

I always liked The War of the Worlds very much because of the fact that it was quite weird and abstract and not the least for Richard Burton's wonderful narration, both are lacking on this release. Instead of that you get something that sounds like a Best of The War of the Worlds box, whereas it's not best at all, it's totally ruining the concept of this work of art that is the full War of the Worlds.

I think this release was meant to attract listeners that normally wouldn't listen to tracks of epic lengths; big mistake I think!

Unless you are a big fan of Jeff Wayne, I recommend you to not get this album, for it's far from essential!

Send comments to Tristan Mulders (BETA) | Report this review (#43228) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Review by Gatot
2 stars I had seen the double CD version of this album for a long time at our local CD store here and I never got any willingness to purchase it as I was affraid that it's a pop song. It's because of the review in this site that "clicked" me to consider buying this CD. But when I returned back to CD store I was confused as there was another version with one CD only which is this album now being reviewed. So I decided not to purchase and awaiting other comments. Luckily my prog mates Rizal has the single CD version and he gave me on a loan basis. Oh my God ... what a shocking experience when I listened to it the first time. Well, so sorry that this music - especially this edition because as colleague collaborator Tristan has put it that this is "have been cut up into radio friendly lengths; ...and that's exactly where the album loses its power (and credibility)" - is like a pop music with orchestra arrangement that reminds me to the music of John Tesh, Yanni, or James Last. I may be wrong but from track 1 until the end I don't find something that is really unique about this album. Well, I do agree that Richard Burton's narration is good but at the end the music seems boring to me. Thanks God I did not purchase the CD and with this version I don't even want to purchase the double version CD. I doubt that it will help. I'd rather listen to the Jesus Christ Superstar than this CD. My big apology for all fans of this album. I have to tell honestly that the music featured here is too straightforward, nothing special - let alone talking about progness of the music. There are bunch of albums with good orchestra. One big problem with this album is that the melody and composition seem like being forced to sound this way. That's my humble opinion. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#43233) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars They survived the Martians, but still ended up butchered

The title here is slightly misleading, as the tracks included are not simply extracts from the full album. Since the double LP version ran to just over 90 minutes or so, one might reasonably expect all but around 10 minutes of the original album to be squeezed onto a single compact disc, not so. This CD runs to a mere 56 minutes, about 8 of which are occupied by a couple of remixes (not included on the LP version). Thus we actually have less than 50 minutes of original music from the albums.

Most of the songs which appear on the full version are included here but in edited, no make that butchered, format. "Eve of the war" is abruptly abbreviated from 9 minutes to 4, while "Horsell common..", which has been slightly remixed, loses about 7 minutes. Most of Richard Burton's narratives, which did so much to give the album its continuity, are consigned to the not required bin.

Even the order of story is not respected, with "The fighting machine" appearing after the criminally edited "Forever Autumn" and thus between "Forever autumn" and "Thunderchild". Phil Lynott's wonderful performance on "The spirit of man" becomes a shadow of its 17 minute running time on the double album, while the closing "Epilogues" vanish altogether.

The music is of course excellent, and no amount of interference can completely remove the quality of the writing and the performances. One does however have to ponder on the logic behind a release such as this. Even if the objective was to cash in by issuing a single CD set to the budget market, this miserly offering completely fails in its objective.

The bonus remix of "The eve of the war" dates from 1989, Ben Liebrand bringing out the dance beat while distorting Richard Burton's narrative and developing the orchestration. As remixes go, this is pretty good. The 1996 reworking of "Forever autumn" on the other hand adds an inappropriate and superfluous disco beat to the song, resulting in what can only be described as a mess.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#182644) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post a review of JEFF WAYNE "Highlights from The War of the Worlds"