I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

Light DanceLight Dance
Jay Records 1999
LITTLE JOHNNY TAYLOR - NIGHTINGALE MELODY - YOU WIN I LOSE R&B Popcorn Soul US $20.00 [0 bids]
Maxine Nightingale - Lead me On 7 " Vinyl 45 rpm Windsong Records NM 1979 US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 36m
GARC¡A LORCA, FEDERI - SAVAGE NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $17.18 Buy It Now 1h 41m
ESQUIVEL JUNGLE DRUMS NIGHTINGALE RCA 6496 EXOTICA MOD POPCORN 45!!! US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Nightingale, Adrienne Love & Light CD US $9.42 Buy It Now 2h 9m
ERNA SACK european nightingale 10" VG+ L-8000 Caoitol Telefunken 1950 Record US $6.75 Buy It Now 3h
New Sealed Closing Chronicles by Nightingale CD, 1996 Dan Swano Black Mark US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
1924 Brunswick Records 78rpm FREDRIC FRADKIN Memory Lane / Nightingale - Violin US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
NIGHTINGALE THE BREATHING SHADOW JAPAN CD OBI 2500yen US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
EARL NIGHTINGALE THE STRANGEST SECRET VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM! US $2.99 [0 bids]
Nightingale [Original London Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Aug-1999, Jay Records) US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 17m
DINAH SHORE - NASHVILLE NIGHTINGALE: SELECTED SIDES 1939-1955 - NEW CD BOXSET US $24.63 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Nightingale The Breathing Shadow CD 1995 used G / NM original Black Mark US $12.60 Buy It Now 6h 3m
Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade; Igor Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale US $7.95 Buy It Now 6h 5m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - BEST OF OLLIE NIGHTINGALE NEW CD US $19.26 Buy It Now 7h 9m
NM 12"~MAXINE NIGHTINGALE~(Bringing Out)The Girl In Me~[5:08]~Hideaway~[7:37]~ US $2.90 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Stereo MC's Emperor's Nightingale - New CD Not Sealed US $8.35 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Earl Nightingale - SEALED & Mint - Quebec Canada - LP US $11.00 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Maxine Nightingale 45 Lead Me On w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 11h 46m
Rose & The Nightingale - Spirit Of The Garden CD US $18.25 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Connie Haines - Nightingale From Savannah CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 12h 35m
Piers Adams - English Nightingale CD US $18.29 Buy It Now 12h 37m
Rogue Wave - Nightingale Floors CD US $14.74 Buy It Now 12h 37m
The Emperor's Nightingale LP Theatre A La Carte Folkway US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 39m
Ollie Nightingale - Tell Me What You Want Me To Do CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 49m
I. Stravinsky - Petrushka (1911 Version) Song Of The Nightingale CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Nakata Fukai Hayasaka Yamada D - Nightingale-Japanese Art Songs CD US $25.43 Buy It Now 12h 53m
Inger Wikstrom - Nightingale CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 12h 53m
Chad & Bram Weijters Mccullough - Urban Nightingale CD US $16.97 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Diana Magazine No. 423 27 March 1971 Jeff Collins Anne Nightingale US $48.25 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Siobhan Lamb - Nightingale & The Rose CD US $22.06 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Dinah Shore - Nashville Nightingale CD US $32.37 Buy It Now 13h
Ingeborg Hallstein - Lied Der Nachtigall/Song Of The Nightingale CD US $41.86 Buy It Now 13h 6m
J. Strauss - Die Fledermaus CD NIGHTINGALE US $23.70 Buy It Now 13h 10m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Lead Me On sealed PROMO sexy soul disco w/ RARE sticker Lp US $17.56 Buy It Now 13h 24m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Lead Me On soul FUNKY DISCO mint in shrink wrap Lp US $9.56 Buy It Now 13h 26m
Valente Caterina - The Hi-Fi Nightingale - ACMEM87CD US $13.75 Buy It Now 13h 43m
Dorothy Moore Blues & Soul Issue 194 1976 Maxine Nightingale Manhattans Mandrill US $20.10 Buy It Now 13h 49m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE NIGHT LIFE 1977 UA UA-LA731-G USA ALL EX 33 RPM US $7.17 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Tommy Tucker, When My Bluebird Sings The Blues/Good Evening Mr. Nightingale US $6.00 Buy It Now 14h 59m
JOE TEMPERLEY - NIGHTINGALE NEW CD US $21.04 Buy It Now 16h 6m
FOERSTER The Nightingale of Gorenjsko (Opera) STRITARJEVA FRANCL KOROSEC Gallus US $119.00 Buy It Now 16h 7m
Maxine Nightingale Gotta Be The One Advance Promo 7" Vinyl Single 1976 US $6.03 Buy It Now 16h 18m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Lead Me On WINDSONG LP '75 OG Ray Parker Jr US $1.99 Buy It Now 16h 24m
Pamela Nightingale 12" Single A Night to Remember Rise 6 Italo Disco US $8.00 Buy It Now 16h 28m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE It's A Beautiful Thing '82 HIGHRISE ORIG SOUL JAZZ LP NMint US $1.59 [0 bids]
Fritz Reiner, Prokofieff Lieutenant Kije Stravinsky Nightingale. Sealed 4LP Set US $199.99 Buy It Now 17h 10m
1987 WINDHAM HILL CHILDRENS EMPEROR & NIGHTINGALE GLENN CLOSE ISHAM PROMO LP NM US $7.42 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Nightingale - Three [CD New] US $21.98 Buy It Now 17h 33m
DR. KENNETH MCFARLAND NM How Is America Doing NR Mint EM 1810 Earl Nightingale US $45.95 Buy It Now 17h 39m
BING CROSBY-A NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE / LONE STAR TRAIL-1941 US $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 44m
NIGHTINGALE RECORDS SAMPLER 2 1987 CASSETTE Karunesh Anugama US $7.07 [0 bids]
Nightingale A New Musical Original London Cast Fact Sealed 820 248-1 US $9.99 Buy It Now 18h
Maxine Nightingale,Will You Be My Lover.UP 36215.7" Vinyl DEMO Northern Soul 45. US $6.35 Buy It Now 18h
Rougue Wave - Nightingale Floors - VR4087 US $17.56 Buy It Now 18h 7m
NIGHTINGALE MARK/QUINTET - OUT OF THE BOX - WVCD129 US $19.04 Buy It Now 18h 11m
SILVERSTONE KEZI - NIGHTINGALE - CLANNKS0114CDS US $6.35 Buy It Now 18h 14m
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE A Good Woman At Home (Is Better Than Two In The Street US $5.00 Buy It Now 18h 16m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Right Back Where We Started From LP UA-LA625-G SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 18h 40m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Lead Me On sealed PROMO sexy soul disco HYPE sticker Lp US $17.56 [0 bids]
Wonderful Two-Headed Nightingale - Ensemble Scottish New & Sealed Compact Disc F US $24.97 Buy It Now 19h 44m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE LEAD ME ON BXL 1-3404 LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Maxine Nightingale Lead Me On Windsong 45 Record #11530 NM 1979 US $4.00 Buy It Now 19h 59m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Love Hit Me 7" Single Vinyl Record 45rpm United Artists 1977 US $9.63 Buy It Now 20h 25m
REINER ~ Prokofieff/Stravinsky Nightingale LP RCA Living Stereo LSC-2150 INDY US $11.99 [0 bids]
LUCY ISABELLE MARSH SPRING'S AWAKENING & THE NIGHTINGALE VICTOR 55140 US $6.42 Buy It Now 20h 33m
Fritz Reiner/Chicago PROKOFIEV Kije/STRAVINSKY Nightingale - Chesky RC10 SEALED US $50.00 Buy It Now 21h 7m
MAXINE Nightingale 7" record Right Back Where We Started From 45 rpm single US $9.95 Buy It Now 21h 24m
Nightingale (Japanische Kunstlieder), New Music US $16.40 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Maxine Nightingale: Night life LP 12" 12inch vinyl record 3d US $3.00 Buy It Now 21h 38m
GLENN CLOSE: The Emperor And The Nightingale US $20.00 Buy It Now 21h 45m
Savage Nightingale Darynn Zimmer soprano new CD Elliot Fisk guitar Garcia Lorca US $8.98 Buy It Now 21h 56m
NIGHTINGALE / LONDON CAST NEW CD US $23.21 Buy It Now 22h
Earl Nightingale - The Strangest Secret - Nightingale-Conant 7313 - EX AUDIO US $9.99 [1 bids]
Maxine Nightingale Love Hit Me 12" Rare Disco 45 RPM (New/Sealed) US $0.99 [0 bids]
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - AT HIS BEST 2 NEW CD US $13.83 Buy It Now 22h 49m
Nightingale 1989 Light Dance [used TAPE] US $1.49 Buy It Now 23h 14m
Maxine Nightingale- It's a Beautiful Thing- new/sealed cassette tape US $3.99 [0 bids]
Anthology (The Denver Nightingale) by Billy Murray (CD, Sep-2003, Archeophone) US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale Love Me Like You Mean It 45 rpm Lead Me On US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Get Motivated! THE ESSENCE OF SUCCESS Earl Nightingale Library (cd) US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CD : EDMUNDO ROS Mambo Jambo inc Tico Tico Nightingale Cuban Mambo Jungla Rumba US $4.41 Buy It Now 1 day
northern soul - ollie nightingale ( it`s a sad thing) memphis 104 near mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
GODSEND - In the Electric Mist 1995 Holy Records ORG 1st Press swano nightingale US $8.00 [0 bids]
Outsinging The Nightingale-Lost Treasure CD US $33.11 Buy It Now 1 day
G. Donizetti - Maria Stuarda CD NIGHTINGALE US $24.32 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightingale Floors - Rogue Wave US $9.64 Buy It Now 1 day
INGER WIKSTROM - NIGHTINGALE [CD NEW] US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE LOVE HIT ME-DEMO 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $4.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale(7" Vinyl)Love Hit Me / Life Has Just Begun-VG/VG US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE_Gotta Be The One_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_D1c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE_Right Back Where We Star_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_D1c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SIOBHAN LAMB - NIGHTINGALE & THE ROSE NEW CD US $24.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Prokofiev Ala & Lolli / Stravinski Song of the Nightingale Melodiya C08356 Vinyl US $19.30 Buy It Now 1 day
KELLY MARIE / MAXINE NIGHTINGALE / WILMA READING / DONNIE ELBERT ETC.- CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 1 day
(Bringing Out) The Girl In Me by Maxine Nightingale Funk Windsong 1979 near mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Right Back Where We Started From by Maxine Nightingale Disco SS 1975 near mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
EMPEROR'S NIGHTINGALE - Original Cast LP (1965) US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Booty Scoot by Ollie Nightingale R&B Ecko 1997 vg+ US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightingale by Carole King Rock Ode 1974 vg+ US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#266695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"