I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

II
Plastic Head Distribution 2015
I by Nightingale (2012-02-07)I by Nightingale (2012-02-07)
Plastic Head Distribution

Nightingale / I JAPAN Edge of Sanity *X USD $44.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
Maxine Nightingale Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time UK United Artists USD $5.37 [0 bids]
78 1920s Mabel Garrison "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls""Nightingale and Rose" USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
White Magic - I'm Hiding My Nightingale [New Vinyl] 10" USD $7.64 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE "HERE I AM AGAIN" 45 RPM USD $2.99 [0 bids]
BUONO & CHIAFFARELLI U AND I (Polka) b/w THE NIGHTINGALE'S WARBLE Columbia A1373 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE didn't i blow your mind t 7" WS EX/ USD $5.87 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW I'm Hiding My Nightingale (Vinyl) USD $27.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Maxine Nightingale Think I Want To Possess You 7" vinyl single record UK promo USD $17.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Pamela Nightingale - I'll Never Fall In Love Again 12" USD $4.70 Buy It Now 3 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Didn't I [Blow Your Mind This Time] UK 7" demo United Artists USD $4.34 Buy It Now 3 days
Rite Of Spring/Nightingale - I. Str (CD Used Very Good) Trifonova/Tear/Longworth USD $8.30 Buy It Now 4 days
Nightingale-'I' CD NEW USD $20.53 Buy It Now 4 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time 7" VINYL UK United Artists USD $6.70 Buy It Now 4 days
Maxine Nightingale Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This... 7" record UK USD $13.34 Buy It Now 4 days
Maxine Nightingale Think I Want To Possess You 7" Single United Artists 1976 Ex USD $1.34 [0 bids]
JOHNNY TAYLOR: You Win, I Lose / Nightingale Melody 45 Soul USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
JUDY COLLINS amazing grace / nightingale i ELEKTRA 45 USD $2.89 Buy It Now 5 days
Maxine Nightingale - Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time 7" VG+ UAXW1086 Vinyl 45 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
FELIX KING I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU & NIGHT AND THE NIGHTINGALE DECCA F9621 USD $3.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Maxine Nightingale-Didn't I blow your mind-7" 1977 PROMO USD $5.36 Buy It Now 6 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE: Here I Am Again 45 Soul USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
JOHNNY ADAMS Tan Nightingale Charly NM PROUD WOMAN Hell Yes I Cheated WON'T CRY USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - I'll Drink Your Bath Water, Baby (Soul Blues Funk 45) Ecko USD $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Little Johnny Taylor: You Win, I Lose / Nightingale Melody 45 - Blues R USD $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
WHITE MAGIC - I'm Hiding My Nightingale - Cassette USD $15.08 Buy It Now 7 days
MARK NIGHTINGALE - What I Wanted To Say - CD - Import - *BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED* USD $47.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Maxine Nightingale: Love Hit Me / If I Ever Lose This Heaven / United Artist 944 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 9 days
1940s 78 Rose Maddox "The Nightingale Song" "I'd Rather Die Young" COLUMBIA V+ USD $8.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Ollie Nightingale - I'll Drink Your Bath Water- ORIG 1995 CD-CAROLINA BEACH/SHAG USD $6.95 Buy It Now 10 days
New: Nightingale, Ollie: I'll Drink Your Bath Water Baby Audio Cassette USD $10.43 Buy It Now 10 days
78 RPM 10" Record Gene Krupa I Hear Music & A Nightingale Sang Okeh Records 5802 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CAROLE KINGl COLLECTIONS [SMACKWATER JACK,NIGHTINGALE,I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE++ USD $8.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Soul Promo 45 Maxine Nightingale - ((I Think I Wanna) Possess You / (I Think I W USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
OLIVE GROVES WHERE I WONDER WHERE? & SONG OF THE NIGHTINGALE DECCA F3506 USD $3.36 Buy It Now 12 days
Petrushka (1911 Version) Song Of The Nightingale - I. Stravi (CD Used Very Good) USD $6.13 Buy It Now 13 days
Judy Collins - Amazing Grace / Nightingale I 7" Mint- EKS-45709 Vinyl 45 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 14 days
FELIX KING & HIS PIANO "I'll Always Love You"/"Night And The Nightingale" 78 NM+ USD $17.56 Buy It Now 14 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: Didn't I Blow Your Mind UA '77 funk soul 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
NIGHTINGALE - I - CD - Original Recording Reissued Import - Excellent Condition USD $22.95 Buy It Now 15 days
NIGHTINGALE - I - CD - Original Recording Reissued Import - **NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $41.75 Buy It Now 15 days
Kristuit Salu & Morris Nightingale : My Mines I CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 16 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE DIDN"T I (BLOW YOUR MIND THIS TIME) 7" VINYL USD $4.01 Buy It Now 16 days
ROSE MADDOX - I'd Rather Die Young / Nightingale Song - Columbia 78 RPM (1953) USD $8.73 Buy It Now 17 days
VAL-TARO MUSETTE I BERSAGLIERI / GIRANDELLA 10" 78 Nightingale JC1097 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 17 days
White Magic - I'm Hiding My Nightingale [New Vinyl] 10" USD $9.92 Buy It Now 19 days
I'm Hiding My Nightingale * by White Magic (Vinyl, Jul-2015, Leaving Records) USD $15.16 Buy It Now 19 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - I'LL DRINK YOUR BATHWATER, BABY NEW CD USD $18.10 Buy It Now 19 days
MEMPHIS OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I'LL TAKE A BIG FAT WOMAN/TWO WRONGS ECKO 21127 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) 7 : Maxine Nightingale USD $4.03 Buy It Now 20 days
Judy Collins - Amazing Grace / Nightingale I - Folk 45 on Elektra USD $3.50 Buy It Now 21 days
Kristuit Salu vs. Morris Nightingale ?- My Mines I NEW Merck ?009 CD PROMO USD $4.90 Buy It Now 21 days
Maxine Nightingale Right back from where I started free uk POST USD $16.11 Buy It Now 22 days
Judy Collins - Amazing Grace / Nightingale I Vinyl 7" 45 - Elektra - EKS-45709 USD $2.10 Buy It Now 22 days
MARK NIGHTINGALE / WHAT I WANTED TO SAY... USD $23.25 Buy It Now 22 days
NIGHTINGALE, MARK - What I Wanted to Say - CD ** Very Good Condition ** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 22 days
Jack Leonard OKEH 5848 A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square / I Never Mention USD $3.99 Buy It Now 23 days
I'll Drink Your Bathwater, Baby by Ollie Nightingale (CD, Mar-1995, Ecko Records USD $6.99 Buy It Now 23 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - I'LL DRINK YOUR BATHWATER, BABY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $16.08 Buy It Now 23 days
90'S Nm! 45 Ollie Nightingale - I'Ll Take A Big Fat Woman / Two Wrongs Made A Ri USD $6.00 Buy It Now 24 days
RAY BURNS LONELY NIGHTINGALE & I CANT TELL A WALTZ FROM A TANGO COLUMBIA DB3545 USD $3.36 Buy It Now 24 days
WHITE MAGIC I'm Hiding My Nightingale 10" NEW VINYL Leaving Trance Farmers USD $15.99 Buy It Now 25 days
KRISTUIT SALU, MORRIS NIGHTINGALE My Mines I PCD-23261 CD JAPAN 2002 OBI USD $167.67 Buy It Now 26 days
I'll Drink Your Bath Water Baby - Nightingale Ollie Compact Disc USD $18.11 Buy It Now 27 days
My Mines I - Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.98 Buy It Now 27 days
I'm Hiding My Nightingale - White Magic (Vinyl Used Very Good) USD $5.63 Buy It Now 27 days
I'm Hiding My Nightingale * by White Magic (Vinyl, Jul-2015, Leaving Records) USD $4.68 Buy It Now 28 days
I'm Hiding My Nightingale - White Magic - Vinyl LP - New USD $10.50 Buy It Now 28 days
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE I'll Never Fall In Love Again Scandinavian 45PS 1985 USD $10.89 Buy It Now 28 days
Ollie Nightingale deep soul 45 A Good Woman At Home / Here I Am Again~PRIDE VG++ USD $4.32 Buy It Now 29 days
WHITE MAGIC-I`M HIDING MY NIGHTINGALE (10IN) VINYL LP NEW USD $15.17 Buy It Now 29 days
Nightingale / I JAPAN Edge of Sanity D3 USD $53.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"