I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

ii
Plastic Head Distribution 2012
I. Stravinsky - Petrushka (1911 Version) Song Of The Nightingale [CD New] USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Ollie Nightingale - How far am I from New York City / May the best man win M- USD $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 11m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE: Here I Am Again (soul vinyl 45) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15h
KRISTUIT SALU/MORRIS NIGHTINGALE My Mines I CD NEW USD $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE- I'll Drink Your Bath Water, Baby 45 '95 ECKO soul USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale 45 How Far I Am from New York City/May the Best Rare Funk Soul USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I CAN'T SET YOU FREE 45 RETTA'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Mines I - Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale (2005, CD New) USD $14.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Oldies 7" 45 - Judy Collins - Amazing Grace / Nightingale I - Elektra - EKS-457 USD $2.80 [0 bids]
USD $3.70 Buy It Now
KRISTUIT SALU VS. MORRIS NIGHTINGALE - MY MINES I NEW CD USD $19.86 Buy It Now 2 days
Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale - My Mines I [CD New] USD $15.13 Buy It Now 3 days
V. Bellini - I Puritani CD NIGHTINGALE USD $36.19 Buy It Now 4 days
I.BEZRODNY/KONDRASHIN:Oscar Wald"Nightingale and rose(Fairy tale)"MELODIYA LP USD $35.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Soul NM! 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE Here I Am Again on Pride USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
I. Stravinsky - Petrushka (1911 Version) Song Of The Nightingale CD USD $13.79 Buy It Now 6 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Didn't I [Blow Your Mind This Time] UK 7" demo United Artists USD $6.24 Buy It Now 7 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - I CAN'T SET YOU FREE - NM NORTHERN SOUL PROMO USD $3.25 Buy It Now 8 days
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE Japan 1985 NM 12"+Obi I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN USD $40.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Tom Carlile Craftsmen 7" 45 HEAR XIAN PSYCH Nightingale I Saw The Light PROMO USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City on Pride USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Soul NM! 45 MAXINE NIGHTINGALE (I Think I Wanna) Possess You on United Artist USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
JAPAN LP/PAMELA NIGHTINGALE I'll Never Fall In Love Again USD $16.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far I Am From New York City on Pride USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Petrushka (1911 Version) Song Of The Nightingale - Stravinsky,I. (2012, CD New) USD $9.19 Buy It Now 10 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE 'DIDN'T I BLOW YOUR MIND THIS TIME' UK 7" SINGLE USD $7.80 Buy It Now 11 days
Ollie Nightingale deep soul 45 A Good Woman At Home / Here I Am Again~PRIDE VG++ USD $4.68 Buy It Now 11 days
I. BAYRAKDARIAN - TROUBADOUR & THE NIGHTINGALE NEW CD USD $24.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Bayrakdarian,I. - Troubadour & The Nightingale [CD New] USD $17.86 Buy It Now 13 days
Troubadour & The Nightingale - I. Bayrakdarian (2013, CD New) Bayrakdarian (SOP) USD $19.31 Buy It Now 13 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE i wonder who's waiting up for you tonight JAPAN 7" CM-63 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
78 1920s Mabel Garrison "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls""Nightingale and Rose" USD $16.20 Buy It Now 13 days
78 1920s Mabel Garrison "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls""Nightingale and Rose" USD $18.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Soul 45 Ollie Nightingale - How Far I Am From New York City / May The Best Ma 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Soul 45 Ollie Nightingale - How Far I Am From New York City / May The Best Man W USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE didn't i blow your mind t 7" WS EX/ USD $15.46 Buy It Now 14 days
Nightingale - I (CD New) USD $16.55 Buy It Now 14 days
NIGHTINGALE - I - BMCD135 USD $18.01 Buy It Now 15 days
My Mines I - Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fre USD $23.08 Buy It Now 15 days
Nightingale - I [CD New] USD $17.98 Buy It Now 15 days
NIGHTINGALE - I NEW CD USD $23.87 Buy It Now 15 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE I Wonder / Didn't I STOCK M- USD $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN AVENUE RECORDS CANADA VINYL 12" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Nightingale - I CD USD $22.89 Buy It Now 17 days
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE i'll never fall in love JAPAN 12" OBI ALI-12005 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Soul 45 Ollie Nightingale - Here I Am Again / A Good Woman At Home On Pride USD $5.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Judy Collins Elektra 45 Record #45709 VG Amazing Grace / Nightingale I USD $3.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Stravinsky,I. - Rite Of Spring/Nightingale (CD New) USD $8.28 Buy It Now 20 days
I by Nightingale (CD, May-2000, EMI) USD $15.32 Buy It Now 20 days
Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale : My Mines I CD (2005) USD $3.74 Buy It Now 20 days
I. Stravinsky - Rite Of Spring/Nightingale CD USD $13.79 Buy It Now 21 days
I. Stravinsky - Rite Of Spring/Nightingale [CD New] USD $7.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Soul NM! 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City on Pride USD $5.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Maxine Nightingale 45 "(IThink I Wanna) Possess You" DJ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 21 days
1940s 78 Rose Maddox "The Nightingale Song" "I'd Rather Die Young" COLUMBIA V+ USD $6.75 Buy It Now 22 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE think i want to possess you 1976 UK UNITED ARTISTS 45 USD $9.38 Buy It Now 22 days
Soul Funk Promo 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City on Pride (p USD $6.00 Buy It Now 22 days
I - Nightingale New & Sealed CD Free Shipping USD $24.25 Buy It Now 22 days
CAROLE KINGl COLLECTIONS [SMACKWATER JACK,NIGHTINGALE,I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE++ USD $8.98 Buy It Now 24 days
Mark Nightingale : What I Wanted to Say CD (1995) USD $12.87 Buy It Now 25 days
TURNER LAYTON I've Got My Eyes On You/A Nightingale Sng In - 78 COLUMBIA FB2455 USD $20.31 Buy It Now 25 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: (i Think I Wanna) Possess You / Life Has Just Begun USD $6.00 Buy It Now 25 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE May Best Man Win b/w How Far I AM From New York STOCK 45 M- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE "HERE I' AM AGAIN" 45 RPM USD $4.49 Buy It Now 25 days
Troubadour & the Nightingale - Bayrakdarian,I. New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Sh USD $25.38 Buy It Now 26 days
Ambrose, A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square/If I Should Fall In Love Again USD $4.00 Buy It Now 26 days
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE Japan '85 NM 12"+Obi I'LL NEVER FALL USD $39.99 Buy It Now 26 days
FELIX KING & HIS PIANO "I'll Always Love You"/"Night And The Nightingale" 78 NM+ USD $18.68 Buy It Now 27 days
NIGHTINGALE - I [NIGHTINGALE] - NEW CD USD $14.97 Buy It Now 27 days
Nightingale-'I' CD NEW USD $21.28 Buy It Now 28 days
Ollie Nightingale m- promo 7 Here I Am Again / A Good Woman at Home USD $4.49 Buy It Now 28 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE * 45 * Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) * 1977 * DJ PROMO USD $4.00 Buy It Now 28 days
ROSE MADDOX - I'd Rather Die Young / Nightingale Song - Columbia 78 RPM (1953) USD $8.73 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#266695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"