I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

NIGHTINGALE - THE COMING DAWN NEW CD US $30.54 Buy It Now 37m 22s
Mephisto Walz - Nightingale, Christian Death, Vinyl, 7", Limited Edition, White US $10.00 [0 bids]
TED JONES moron 7" one sided white label test pressing (lyn15723) uk nightingale US $8.54 Buy It Now 1h 7m
SARAH BRIGHTMAN cd NIGHTINGALE musical CHARLES STROUSE original LONDON cast US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
MOTOOMI DOI - ILLUMINATED NIGHTINGALE NEW CD US $33.98 Buy It Now 2h 58m
45RPM Maxine NIghtingale Lead Me On/Love Me Like Y 1217 EL US $15.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Nightingale,Mark/Quintet - Out Of The Box [CD New] US $21.96 Buy It Now 7h 35m
1974 FOLK Carole King Wrap Around Joy Vintage POP Nightingale Vinyl LP US $1.99 [0 bids]
Bogna Sokorska - Sopran - The Warsaw Nightingale US $9.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
EVERLY BROTHERS "ON THE WINGS OF A NIGHTINGALE / ASLEEP" 45 NEAR MINT US $3.75 Buy It Now 9h
1 CENT CD VA Soulful Pop - blue mink, foundations, maxine nightingale, groove US $3.00 [2 bids]
1 CENT CD What I Wanted to Say - Mark Nightingale US $0.01 [0 bids]
PAUL MAURIAT - LOVE IN EVERY ROOM - ENGLISH NIGHTINGALE - PHILIP 7" 45 RPM VINYL US $5.99 [0 bids]
Judy Collins Elektra 45 Record #45709 VG Amazing Grace / Nightingale I US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 25m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE will you be my lover /how much love 7" 45 Portugal PS Soul NM US $19.99 [0 bids]
Emperor & The Nightingale, Isham, Mark, Close, Glenn, Good Original recording re US $7.35 Buy It Now 10h 43m
Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring: The Nightingale, New Music US $8.01 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Connection by Nightingale (CD, May-1997, Higher Octave) US $7.99 Buy It Now 13h 26m
JIMMY SOMERVILLE-Dare To Love-VOCALS-Glenn Nightingale-GARY BUTCHER-Guitar-DANCE US $7.29 Buy It Now 13h 27m
Marion Harris - BRUNSWICK 2539 - Nashville Nightingale & Before You Go US $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 26m
Secret Stars Nightingale / Rpms 7" 45 Atlas 1996 Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Erna Sack : German Nightingale CD (2003) US $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 41m
THE EVERLY BROTHERS, On The Wings Of A Nightingale-Asleep, 45 1984 VG+, VG+ US $5.99 [0 bids]
Paul Mauriat, The English Nightingale ~ Philips 45 +sleeve US $2.77 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Living Stereo Prokofiev Lt. Kije Stravinsky Nightingale Classic 45 RPM LSC-2150 US $289.99 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Handel: 4 Organ Concertos (The Cuckoo and the Nightingale), , Good US $8.17 Buy It Now 18h 48m
Prokofieff / Lieutenant Kije Song of the Nightingale US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 10m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE ~ Love Hit Me ~ 7" Single US $2.55 Buy It Now 22h 54m
Music Press Promo Advert Poster....'Maxine Nightingale...Night Life' US $10.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Music Press Promo Advert Poster....'Maxine Nightingale...Love Lines' US $10.25 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE LOVE HIT ME 7" single US $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL ALLEN HARRISON - NIGHTINGALE LULLABY NEW CD US $19.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Stereo Mcs - Emperor'S Nightingale - K7289CD US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Night Life LP EX- USA 1977 in Shrinkwrap w/ Inner Sleeve US $13.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale "Standing on your Promise/It's a Sad Thing" (Single) US $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Stravinsky: The Firebird/Song Of The Nightingale (CD, 1987, Delos) NEW sealed US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Miliza Korjus- Viking Nightingale, Venus LP Record US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SIOBHAN LAMB/GERARD - NIGHTINGALE AND THE ROSE - NEW CD US $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Erna Sack, European Nightingale, Capitol 10"- 33 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bill Joy 45 "Down In Caroline / Nightingale Song" US $6.99 [0 bids]
DJ Mind X - Nightingale / Go Ahead London - 1998 #29448 US $17.09 Buy It Now 1 day
Rose & Nightingale SPIRIT OF THE GARDEN [digipak] CD mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - LEAD ME ON NEW CD US $15.52 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE, One Last Ride-Gotta Be The One 45 UA-XW820-Y VG+ VG+ 1976 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Stravinsky: The Firebird and Song Of The Nightingale Stravinsky, Schwarz, Seatt US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Everly Brothers - Asleep / On the Wings of a Nightingale - 45 rpm 7' single US $9.99 [0 bids]
Earl Nightingale NC 45 Record #7313 VG HS The Strangest Secret US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LEE GIBSON- Songs of Time and Place CD (2002 Spotlite Jazz) Mark Nightingale US $8.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightingale/Pumpin Remixes - Additive - 1999 #37634 US $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Napoleon Hill - Think And Grow Rich (Narrated By Earl Nightingale) US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEMPHIS SOUL 45: OLLIE NIGHTINGALE on PRIDE May the Best Man Win US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Give A Little Love To me / Turn To me 7 inch 45 JIMMY RUFFIN US $1.16 [0 bids]
Bandole [Real Music/Nightingale] by Shastro (CD, Jan-1994, Real Music Records) US $2.49 [0 bids]
Bert Kaempfert Orchestra 'Lonely Nightingale' Red Roses for a Blue Lady 45rpm US $0.25 [0 bids]
(AZ291) Lizzie Nightingale, Left Right Left - DJ CD US $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - Will You be My Lover - 45 - Promo - NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE NIGHT LIFE 1977 UA UA-LA731-G USA ALL EX 33 RPM US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Edge of Sanity,Cd, Infernal, German Import, Opeth, Nightingale, 1997 Black Mark US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Bellini: Beatrice di Tenda (CD, 2 Discs, Nightingale Classics) US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Victor Record Song Of The Nightingale 20426-A / Autumn 20426-B US $7.00 [0 bids]
ROBERT STALLMAN ~THE NIGHTINGALE IN LOVE~ Classical CD New US $9.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Edison Record 50991, 8463/8464. Hawaian Nightingale/Flower of Hawaii. Palakik US $8.07 [0 bids]
NIGHTINGALE-The Breathing Shadow-EDGE OF SANITY-*0s Style-HEAVY METAL/Rock/Vocal US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EARL NIGHTINGALE Strangest Secret 1969 Motivational 7" Record, Law of Attraction US $5.00 [0 bids]
RICHARD HARVEY Shroud for a nightingale theme 7" TV soundtrack US $5.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale "All Night With Me" RCA 7" 45 PROMO VG+++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
MEMPHIS-MISSISSIPPI DELTA GOSPEL DJ 45: LULA COLLINS & NIGHTINGALE STARS on LUNA US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NM 12"~MAXINE NIGHTINGALE~(Bringing Out)The Girl In Me~[5:08]~Hideaway~[7:37]~ US $2.49 [0 bids]
I. Stravinsky - Rite Of Spring/Nightingale CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Mark Nightingale Quintet - Out Of The Box CD US $25.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Stravinsky,I. - Rite Of Spring/Nightingale [CD New] US $8.84 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightingale,Maxine - Lead Me On [CD New] US $9.33 Buy It Now 2 days
[LP] Maxine Nightingale,Bittersweet (RCA) {EX+} USA US $20.39 Buy It Now 2 days
[LP] Maxine Nightingale,It's A Beautiful Thing (Highrise) USA US $16.97 Buy It Now 2 days
[LP] Maxine Nightingale,Right Back Where We (United Artists) USA US $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CATERINA VALENTE cd the HI-FI NIGHTINGALE istanbul CASANOVA ecstacy OHO AHA US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE It's A Beautiful Thing '82 HIGHRISE ORIG SOUL JAZZ LP NMint US $5.12 Buy It Now 2 days
STRAUSS, JOHANN, JR. - THE GERMAN NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $30.01 Buy It Now 2 days
Anne Shelton - A Nightingale Sang US $8.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Anne Shelton - A Nightingale Sang US $4.21 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE EDITION CD Planeta Agostini CAROLE KING "Nightingale" 1992 Divucsa PROMO US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DG SLPM 138 006 RED STEREO STICKER *MAAZEL* STRAVINSKY FIREBIRD NIGHTINGALE US $61.58 Buy It Now 2 days
Soul NM! 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City on Pride US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
KEZI SILVERSTONE nightingale CD 3 track radio version with info stickered case b US $8.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Various OST(Vinyl LP)Nightingale-TER-TER 1031-UK-Ex-/Ex US $22.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Maxine Nightingale 45 Lead Me On/Love Me Like You Mean It Windsong Records 1979 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GLENN CLOSE Emperor And The Nightingale NEW SEALED 1987 Soundtrack LP MARK ISHAM US $7.99 [0 bids]
Valente,Caterina - Hi-Fi Nightingale [CD New] US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CATERINA VALENTE - HI-FI NIGHTINGALE NEW CD US $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - NIGHT LIFE - U A RECORDS-LA731-G - "SEALED" - "SEALED" US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: Right Back Where We Started From / Mono (soul vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Carole King 45 Record Album Nightingale Ode Records US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightingale Floors [Digipak] by Rogue Wave (CD, Jun-2013, Vagrant (USA)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Eyerly Brothers On the wings of Nightingale/asleep 7" vinyl Mercury US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Diana Magazine No. 423 27 March 1971 Jeff Collins Anne Nightingale US $51.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring: The Nightingale (CD, Aug-2005, Naxos... US $6.27 Buy It Now 2 days
ANSERMET; STRAVINSKY" PULCINELLA" "SONG OF THE NIGHTINGALE;" LONDON STS STEREO US $10.00 [0 bids]
Dorothy Moore Blues & Soul Issue 194 1976 Maxine Nightingale Manhattans Mandrill US $21.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Maxine Nightingale 45 "(IThink I Wanna) Possess You" DJ US $5.24 Buy It Now 2 days
Sheet Music-A NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE from LONDON MUSICAL NEW FACES US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#266695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"