I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

II
Plastic Head Distribution 2015

My Mines I by Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale USD $7.46 Buy It Now 10h 37m
BLACK GOSPEL 45 - SENSATIONAL NIGHTINGALES - PEACOCK 1829 "I WANT TO GO" USD $6.50 Buy It Now 11h 55m
OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES, 60s SOUL GARAGE 45, I GOT A SURE THING, STAX LABEL USD $6.00 Buy It Now 12h 48m
Ollie & the Nightingales I've Got a Feeling 1969 45rpm USD $21.59 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE-I'll Drink Your Bath Water Baby-Soul Blues 45-ECKO #1001 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTINGALE "I",(CD,2000,Black Mark),NEW SEALED-Imported from GERMANY-DAN SWANO USD $9.25 [0 bids]
USD $16.20 Buy It Now
Maxine Nightingale: Love Hit Me / If I Ever Lose This Heaven / United Artist 944 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This... Maxine Nightingale UK 7" record USD $12.06 Buy It Now 2 days
Nightingale / I JAPAN Edge of Sanity D3 USD $47.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Nightingale / I JAPAN Edge of Sanity *X USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
OLIVE GROVES WHERE I WONDER WHERE? & SONG OF THE NIGHTINGALE DECCA F3506 USD $3.03 Buy It Now 3 days
RAY BURNS LONELY NIGHTINGALE & I CANT TELL A WALTZ FROM A TANGO COLUMBIA DB3545 USD $3.03 Buy It Now 3 days
Soul 45 Maxine Nightingale - Life Has Just Begun / (I Think I Wanna) Possess You USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Soul 45 Ollie & The Nightingales - I Got A Sure Thing / Girl, You Have My Heart USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Soul 45 Ollie Nightingale - May The Best Man Win / How Far I Am From New York Ci USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Soul Nm! 45 The Nightingales - Can'T Get Away / Don'T Do It / I'M With You On St USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES 'I GOT A SURE THING' 45 US STAX 1968 SOUL FUNK USD $1.20 [1 bids]
STAX Soul 45 : OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES - I've Got A Feeling / You'll Never... ! USD $3.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - THINK I WANT TO POSSESS YOU 7" VINYL USD $5.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Ollie Nightingales vg+ promo 7 I've Got A Feeling / same USD $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES: I Got A Sure Thing / Girl You Have My Heart Singing 45 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE-I'll Drink Your Bath Water Baby-Soul Blues 45-ECKO USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OLLIE & NIGHTINGALES: I Got A Sure Thing 45 Soul USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE "LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN / (I THINK I WANNA) POSSESS YOU" 45 USD $2.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Promo 45 Maxine Nightingale - (I Think I Wanna) Possess You UNITED ARTISTS NM USD $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
NIGHTINGALE I CD 11 tracks FACTORY SEALED NEW 2000 Black Mark Germany DAN SWANO USD $15.88 Buy It Now 5 days
1968 Earl Nightingale "Lead the Field Volume I" 2 12" Records LPs (Inspiration) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Hugo Winterhalter- Viennese Nightingale/I Believe In You- RCA 47-7939- VG+ USD $5.19 Buy It Now 6 days
Buono & Chiaffarelli U AND I b/w Lufsky THE NIGHTINGALE'S WARBLE Columbia A1373 USD $7.46 Buy It Now 7 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - THINK I WANT TO POSSESS YOU 7" VINYL USD $6.05 Buy It Now 7 days
Pamela Nightingale ?/ I'll Never Fall In Love Again / JAPAN RECORD W/OBI 1985 USD $18.74 Buy It Now 7 days
OLLIE & NIGHTINGALES: I've Got A Feeling 45 Soul USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE: Here I Am Again / A Good Woman At Home 45 Soul USD $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Judy Collins - Canadian 45 - "Amazing Grace" / "Nightingale I" - VG USD $3.76 Buy It Now 7 days
OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES I Got A Sure Thing/Girl,You Have My Heart Singi 45 Stax USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
ORIGINAL - THE NIGHTINGALES - Don,t do it/i,m with you - STAX - VG+ USD $3.03 Buy It Now 7 days
New: Nightingale, Ollie: I'll Drink Your Bath Water Baby Audio Cassette USD $10.43 Buy It Now 9 days
?Memphis Northern OLLIE & NIGHTINGALES "I Got A Sure Thing" STAX M- Store Stock USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MARK NIGHTINGALE - What I Wanted To Say - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $31.49 Buy It Now 9 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - DIDN'T I mono/stereo Ua 1086 promo unplayed VG++ USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Judy Collins - Amazing Grace / Nightingale I - Folk 45 on Elektra USD $3.39 Buy It Now 10 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: Didn't I Blow Your Mind UA '77 funk soul 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Sensational Nightingales - You and I and Everyone (Peacock 177) (PL) ('73) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE I'll Never Fall In Love Again Scandinavian 45PS 1985. USD $5.31 Buy It Now 12 days
Black Gospel Soul 45 Sensational Nightingales - Prayed Too Late / I'M So Happy O USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) 7 : Maxine Nightingale USD $3.64 Buy It Now 12 days
78rpm TONY MARTIN i love paris / boulevard of nightingales USD $24.26 Buy It Now 13 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE~ MAY THE BEST MAN WIN~ NEAR MINT~ HOW FAR I ~ NORTHERN SOUL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
RARE Black Gospel 45/ Swanee Nightingales "I Need Your Mercy" Clean Hear USD $30.00 Buy It Now 13 days
THE SENSATIONAL NIGHTINGALES 3 Vinyl LPs GOSPEL SOUL EX Best Of, I Surrender ETC USD $7.90 Buy It Now 13 days
ROSE MADDOX - I'd Rather Die Young / Nightingale Song - Columbia 78 RPM (1953) USD $8.73 Buy It Now 14 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE HOW FAR AM I FROM NEW YORK CITY/MAY BEST MAN WIN PRIDE 1002 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 14 days
NIGHTINGALES: Just A Little Overcome / I Don't Want To Be Like My Daddy 45 (dj USD $15.00 Buy It Now 14 days
SOUL 45 RPM - OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES - STAX 245 - "I GOT A SURE THING" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
JOHNNY TAYLOR: You Win, I Lose / Nightingale Melody 45 (R&B) Blues & R&B USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Ollie & Nightingales "I've Got A Feeling"/ "You'll Never Do Wrong" SOUL 45 STAX USD $3.50 Buy It Now 14 days
OLLIE & NIGHTINGALES "I'VE GOT A FEELING / YOU'LL NEVER DO WRONG" 45 USD $3.75 Buy It Now 14 days
Soul Promo 45 Maxine Nightingale - ((I Think I Wanna) Possess You / (I Think I W USD $5.00 Buy It Now 14 days
The Sensational Nightingales: My Home/I Was Traveling That 45 Black Gospel Soul USD $6.00 Buy It Now 15 days
OLLIE & NIGHTINGALES: Bracing Myself For The Fall / I'll Be Your Anything 45 (d USD $18.00 Buy It Now 15 days
MARK NIGHTINGALE / WHAT I WANTED TO SAY... USD $23.25 Buy It Now 16 days
MFD IN CANADA 1968 FUNK SOUL 45 RPM OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES : I GOT A SURE THIN USD $11.29 Buy It Now 16 days
B9674, Gwen Catley, I'll Have Revenge, Nightingale And The Rose. USD $18.18 Buy It Now 17 days
Sensational Nightingales - I Surrender All - New Vinyl Record LP USD $16.99 Buy It Now 17 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - (I Think I Wanna) Possess You 1976 MONO PROMO Disco Soul 7" USD $2.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Rose Maddox I'd Rather Die Young / The Nightingale Song 78 RPM Shellac 10'' 1953 USD $6.98 Buy It Now 17 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - I'll Drink Your Bath Water Baby - CD - **Mint Condition** USD $24.75 Buy It Now 17 days
DORA LABBETTE OH TELL ME NIGHTINGALE & I ATTEMPT FROM LOVES SICKNESS TO D1499 USD $6.05 Buy It Now 17 days
Ollie & the Nightingales I Got a Sure Thing 1968 45rpm VG+ USD $15.29 Buy It Now 17 days
Little Johnny Taylor: You Win, I Lose / Nightingale Melody 45 - Blues R USD $6.00 Buy It Now 18 days
OLLIE & NIGHTINGALES: Mellow Way To Treat Your Man / Don't Do What I Did 45 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 19 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time 7" VINYL UK United /EX USD $5.09 Buy It Now 19 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Think I Want To Possess You 7" VINYL UK United Artists 1976 USD $5.08 Buy It Now 19 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time 7" VINYL UK United /VG+ USD $3.81 Buy It Now 19 days
MEMPHIS OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I'LL TAKE A BIG FAT WOMAN/TWO WRONGS ECKO 21127 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Ollie & The Nightingales: I Got A Sure Thing / Girl, You Have My Heart 45 - Soul USD $8.00 Buy It Now 21 days
The Sensational Nightingales "I Surrender All" - Malcaco Records FAST SHIPPING! USD $26.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Soul 45 Ollie Nightingale - Here I Am Again / A Good Woman At Home On Pride USD $5.00 Buy It Now 21 days
VAL-TARO MUSETTE I BERSAGLIERI / GIRANDELLA 10" 78 Nightingale JC1097 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Maxine Nightingale Think I Want To Possess You 7" vinyl single record UK promo USD $15.71 Buy It Now 21 days
WHITE MAGIC-I`M HIDING MY NIGHTINGALE (10IN) VINYL LP NEW USD $16.46 Buy It Now 21 days
Maxine Nightingale - Think I Want To Possess You (Vinyl) USD $9.69 Buy It Now 22 days
TONY MARTIN BOULEVARD OF NIGHTINGALES & I LOVE PARIS HMV B10771 USD $3.03 Buy It Now 22 days
45 RECORD 7"- MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - DIDN'T I (BLOW YOUR MIND THIS TIME)- PROMO USD $1.80 Buy It Now 22 days
Sensational Nightingales You & I & Everyone Devotional Gospel 12" LP Vinyl Album USD $14.99 Buy It Now 22 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City USA 7" Single EX Cond USD $8.49 Buy It Now 22 days
CD NIGHTINGALE I CRCL4756 BLACK MARK PRODUCTION JAPAN OBI PROMO USD $15.70 Buy It Now 23 days
Kristuit Salu vs. Morris Nightingale ?- My Mines I NEW Merck ?009 CD PROMO USD $3.12 Buy It Now 23 days
Maxine Nightingale - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) (Vinyl) USD $16.36 Buy It Now 23 days
90'S Nm! 45 Ollie Nightingale - I'Ll Take A Big Fat Woman / Two Wrongs Made A Ri USD $6.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Mark Nightingale - What I Wanted To Say - NM - NEW CASE!!! USD $6.79 Buy It Now 24 days
Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale - My Mines I (CD Used Very Good) USD $16.64 Buy It Now 24 days
Ollie & the Nightingales I Got a Sure Thing / You Got My Heart Singing '68 45rpm USD $10.79 Buy It Now 25 days
NEW CD - Deborah Lippmann - NIGHTINGALE - Bonus Track: I Hope You Dance USD $5.00 Buy It Now 25 days
Pamela Nightingale I'Ll Never Fall in love again Spain 45 1985 USD $13.46 Buy It Now 25 days
SENSATIONAL NIGHTINGALES: The Storm Is Passing Over / People I Used To See 45 ( USD $25.00 Buy It Now 25 days
I'll Never Fall In Love Again 12in (Pamela Nightingale-1985) CART 361 (ID:15580) USD $10.36 Buy It Now 25 days
SWANEE NIGHTINGALES: I Need Your Mercy / Peace In The Valley 45 (wol) USD $40.00 Buy It Now 25 days
WHITE MAGIC-I`M HIDING MY NIGHTINGALE (10IN) VINYL LP NEW USD $18.37 Buy It Now 26 days
NIGHTINGALES: Don't Do It / I'm With You / Can't Get Away 45 Soul USD $6.00 Buy It Now 26 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"