I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

Light DanceLight Dance
Jay Records 1999
Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade / Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale, , New US $6.61 Buy It Now 47m 27s
Petrushka: Song of the Nightingale, New Music US $8.16 Buy It Now 52m 20s
The Nightingale and the Butterfly, New Music US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
G. Donizetti - Linda Di Chamounix CD NIGHTINGALE US $25.74 Buy It Now 2h 22m
RHONNI NIGHTINGALE - ONCE UPON A CRIME NEW CD US $31.89 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Maxine Nightingale - Night Life [United Artists] (U.S. LP Sealed Vinyl) US $14.50 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Siobhan Lamb - Nightingale & The Rose [CD New] US $13.89 Buy It Now 3h 20m
ROGUE WAVE - NIGHTINGALE FLOORS NEW VINYL US $23.72 Buy It Now 4h 40m
NIGHTINGALE & THOMSON - EARTHSCAPES CD VERY RARE NEAR MINT US $24.18 Buy It Now 4h 42m
DISCO/ Maxine Nightingale - Love Hit Me US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Igor Stravinsky : Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring: The Nightingale CD (2005) US $8.87 Buy It Now 5h 41m
ROSE & THE NIGHTINGALE - SPIRIT OF THE GARDEN NEW CD US $21.79 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Antique Columbia 78 record The Nightingale and the Frogs, Whistling Rufus 2 side US $5.00 [0 bids]
NIGHTINGALE - The closing chronicles CD 96 1.pr BM90 US $12.49 Buy It Now 6h 47m
On The Wings Of A Nightingale-Everly Brothers, The* 7" 45 US $16.05 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Ollie Nightingale 45 How Far I Am from New York City/May the Best Rare Funk Soul US $4.00 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Prokofieff / Lieutenant Kije Song of the Nightingale US $4.99 [0 bids]
PICCOLO DUET Cuckoo and Nightingale 78 DACAPO RECORD 222 US $20.96 Buy It Now 8h 28m
ECS 776 - STRAVINSKY - Pulcinella / Song Of The Nightingale ANSERMET - Ex Con LP US $14.50 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Caterina Valente - The Hi-Fi Nightingale (NEW CD) US $15.71 Buy It Now 8h 54m
A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express [CD New] US $20.83 Buy It Now 9h 19m
STEREO MC'S - EMPEROR'S NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $18.15 Buy It Now 9h 44m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I CAN'T SET YOU FREE 45 RETTA'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 23m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE, LOVE HIT ME / LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN-UA 7" 1977 US $3.21 Buy It Now 10h 24m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE: Troubled In Mind 1983 Retta LP Private Press Soul Funk R US $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 28m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - LOVE HIT ME - ORIGINAL 1977 UK SINGLE ON UNITED ARTISTS EX US $1.60 [0 bids]
Vachel Lindsay reading The Congo Chinese Nightingale and other poems TC 1041 LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
MARK NIGHTINGALE QUI - OUT OF THE BOX [MARK NIGHTINGALE QUINTET] [CD] - NEW CD US $16.86 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Eiji Oue, Stravinsky The Firebird Suite Nightingale 200 Gr Vinyl Reference Rec. US $64.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: Bittersweet (soul vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 13h 29m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - (BRINGING OUT) THE GIRL IN ME- 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 13h 32m
LYRIAN - NIGHTINGALE HALL NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Maxine Nightingale Night Life LP Near MInt vinyl US $6.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
Gilberto Gil - Nightingale LP Elektra NM / VG+ 1979 US $5.99 Buy It Now 15h 47m
(AQ836) Lizzie Nightingale, Left Right Left - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 16h 26m
BERT KAEMPFERT: Lonely Nightingale/Red Roses For A Blue Lady (NM vinyl 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 16h 29m
Maxine Nightingale, Lead Me On / Love Me Like You Mean It US $2.99 [0 bids]
JUDY COLLINS: Amazing Grace/Nightingale I (rock VG+ vinyl 45 Elektra E-45708) US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 56m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE It's A Sad Thing VG- 45 RPM US $0.19 [0 bids]
17h
Warings Pennsylvanians / Paul Whiteman & Orc - VIC 19492 - Nashville Nightingale US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Nightingale 5060246120424, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $22.46 Buy It Now 18h 24m
The Emperor and the Nightingale Mark Isham LP 12" 12inch vinyl record album 5c US $6.00 Buy It Now 18h 34m
Carole King 45 Nightingale/You're Something New Ode Label (C72) US $1.25 [7 bids]
CATERINA VALENTE the HI-FI nightingale LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 18h 54m
SABAH THE SINGING NIGHTINGALE Arabic Parlophone Voix de L'Orient LP e US $29.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 4 Rare Italian 78rpm records all on Nightingale Records Antonio Conte ++| US $40.00 [0 bids]
SEALED - MAXINE NIGHTINGALE / NIGHT LIFE Larry Carlton US $11.99 Buy It Now 21h 22m
EVERLY BROTHERS..ON THE WINGS OF A NIGHTINGALE..VERY GOOD 1984 MERCURY POP 7" US $4.82 Buy It Now 21h 38m
KRISTUIT SALU VS. MORRIS NIGHTINGALE - MY MINES I NEW CD US $21.44 Buy It Now 21h 40m
GILBERTO GIL-NIGHTINGALE-JAPAN CD Di73 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 1 day
VINYL 7" SINGLE - LOVE HIT ME - MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - UP36215 US $11.28 Buy It Now 1 day
THE HI-FI NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $15.89 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERLY BROTHERS EB84 JAPAN LP MINT mercury 1984 on the wings of a nightingale US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Madcaps - Baia/ Limehouse Blues / Nightingale/Goodnight EP M- PS VG++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE "ONE LAST RIDE c/w GOTTA BE THE ONE" 70'S LISTEN US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
"MAXINE NIGHTINGALE" 45rpm - LEAD ME ON / LOVE ME LIKE YOU MEAN IT - w/ SLEEVE US $0.59 [0 bids]
URI GELLER vinyl lp URI GELLER WITH MAXINE NIGHTINGALE US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Various OST(Vinyl LP)Nightingale-TER-TER 1031-UK-Ex-/Ex US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AMELITA GALLIOURCI Russian Nightingale Song / Clavelitos / Estrellita HMV DA1095 US $20.96 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE HOW FAR AM I FROM NEW YORK CITY-MAY THE BEST MAN WIN ON PRIDE US $7.00 [0 bids]
Bert Kaempfert. US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Alma Gluck Victrola 64566 - "Nightingale Song" US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM Ollie Nightingale Standing on Your Promise US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
C6-84 Vinyl Record Album SEALED Maxine Nightingale Right Back Where We Started! US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM 7" VINYL US $10.47 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE love hit me UP 36215 near mint disc uk 7" WS EX/ US $11.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale - My Mines I [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
GLENN MILLER (2) LP Sunrise Serenade 1972 {RCA} MINT Nightingale~Juke Box~Paga US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
MUSICAL MASTERPIECE Victor HANDEL 78-Speed CUCKOO & NIGHTINGALE Box Set M733 !!! US $9.95 [0 bids]
CAROLE KING nightingale 7" promo b/w you're something new (ods66106) uk ode 1974 US $9.32 Buy It Now 1 day
The English Nightingale - Piers Adams New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $19.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale May The Best Man Win DEEP SOUL 45 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale: Standing On Your Promise / It's A Sad Thing 45 - Soul US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
JVC XRCD 24 PROKOFIEFF LIEUTENANT KIJE STRAVINSKY SONG OF THE NIGHTINGALE US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Everly Brothers 45 "On The Wings Of A Nightingale" US $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale 45 "(Bringing Out) The Girl In Me" w/Picture Sleeve US $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The German Nightingale 0636943272220, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $15.94 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - THE BEST OF OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $13.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale Right back where we started/Believe in what 7" vinyl United US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Oddball Motivational THINK AND GROW RICH Earl Nightingale Decorative Cover LP US $3.25 [0 bids]
Everly Brothers NM 45 rpm "On The Wings Of A Nightingale" US $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE STANDING ON YOUR PROMISE /IT'S A SAD THING 45 MEMPHIS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale - Make It Sweet [CD New] US $15.85 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE " GOTTA BE THE ONE " 45 1970s POP US $3.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Stereo MCs Emperor's Nightingale CD (2011) "Boy" Feat Jamie Cullum LIKE NEW/MC's US $19.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Gilberto Gil NIGHTINGALE Elektra 6E-167 Near Mint- US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
# TRAMPS & HAWKERS The Nightingale CD excell condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caterina Valente - The Hi-fi Nightingale NEW CD US $14.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Bogna Skorska - The Warsaw Nightingale US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Gilberto Gil - Nightingale CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Lyrian - Nightingale Hall CD Pop Rock US $17.45 Buy It Now 2 days
V. Bellini - I Puritani CD NIGHTINGALE US $36.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Maxine Nightingale Love me like you mean it/Lead me on 7" vinyl Windsong US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING - NIGHTINGALE - CDJAY1327 US $18.84 Buy It Now 2 days
Edison Record 50991, 8463/8464. Hawaian Nightingale/Flower of Hawaii. Palakik US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Love Hit Me 7" Vinyl US $1.61 Buy It Now 2 days
Erna Sack(Vinyl LP)The German Nightingale-Telefunken-GMA 86-UK-VG/NM US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Love Hit Me UK 7" 45 US $3.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Don McCaffferty//whatha gonna'bout it//nightingale///1975/EX//Nazareth US $3.21 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#266695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"