I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - Turn To Me/Give A Little Love US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - (BRINGING OUT) THE GIRL IN ME 7" VINYL US $9.93 Buy It Now 2h 5m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - GOTTA BE THE ONE 7" VINYL DEMO US $10.76 Buy It Now 2h 5m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - LOVE HIT ME 7" VINYL US $6.62 Buy It Now 2h 5m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM 7" OLD GOLD VINYL US $9.10 Buy It Now 2h 5m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - THINK I WANT TO POSSESS YOU 7" VINYL US $8.28 Buy It Now 2h 5m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - WILL YOU BE MY LOVER 7" VINYL US $7.45 Buy It Now 2h 6m
CD WHEELS FARGO AND THE NIGHTINGALE " AT THE HAYRIDE" COUNTRY ROCKABILLY US $17.50 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Pamela Thorby - The Nightingale And The But (NEW SACD) US $22.37 Buy It Now 2h 53m
GODSEND - In The Electric Mist CD Rare 95 1.pr HOLY / Nightingale Edge Of Sanity US $39.00 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Nightingale US $13.25 Buy It Now 4h
NIGHTINGALE MEHNAZ - BRAND NEW PAKISTANI SOUNDTRACK CD - FREE UK POST US $11.59 Buy It Now 4h 11m
*BLUES* ~Little Johnny Taylor~ : You Win,I Lose : Nightingale : GALAXY 1964 HEAR US $19.99 [0 bids]
Igor Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale - Symphony in US $1.00 Buy It Now 5h 57m
E. POWER BIGGS Handel Cuckoo & Nightingale LP SEALED US 1970 Boult Columbia MS US $19.98 Buy It Now 6h 45m
JACOB VAN EYCK - THE ENGLISH NIGHTINGALE: VIRTUOSO RECORDER MUSIC FROM - NEW CD US $13.10 Buy It Now 7h 8m
NIGHTINGALE Original London Cast (Cassette) US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Ollie Nightingale - Sweet Surrender LP Rare Soul on Pride US $37.66 [4 bids]
Maxine Nightingale Windsong 45 Record #11530 VG+ 1979 US $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Maxine Nightingale UA 45 Record #820 VG 1976 One Last Ride / Gotta Be The One US $3.00 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Rock Promo NM! 45 Coven Jailhouse Rock / Nightingale on Lion Records US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Caterina Valente - The Hi-fi Nightingale NEW CD US $12.72 Buy It Now 9h
Alma Gluck Victrola 64566 - "Nightingale Song" US $6.00 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Bandole [Real Music/Nightingale] by Shastro (CD, Jan-1994, Real Music Records) US $6.00 Buy It Now 10h
EVERLY BROTHERS EB '84 NM-!!! Wings Of A Nightingale MCCARTNEY, DAVE EDMUNDS US $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 54m
STRAVINSKY SONG OF THE NIGHTINGALE-1946 SONIC GEM:GOOSENS-CINCINNATI US $14.99 [0 bids]
JOHN BULL - THE NIGHTINGALE & THE SPARROW - NEW CD US $16.49 Buy It Now 12h 49m
Maxine Nightingale: "Gotta Be The One" & "One Last Ride" - '76 Disco - Near Mint US $1.00 Buy It Now 12h 59m
Chirping of the Nightingale, New Music US $12.14 Buy It Now 13h 26m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - Love Hit Me - 12" Vinyl 1977 UNITED ARTISTS Records DISCO US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 57m
JENNY MCLEOD - JENNY MCLEOD: THE EMPEROR AND THE NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $6.12 Buy It Now 15h 29m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE (Bringing Out) The Girl In Me (U.S. 7inch) US $50.01 Buy It Now 15h 48m
DæHervelois/De Visee/Philidor/Dieupart/Couperin - Nightingale & The B [SACD New] US $16.25 Buy It Now 15h 55m
Nightingale, Gil, Gilberto, New US $10.48 Buy It Now 17h 6m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Didn't I [Blow Your Mind This Time] UK 7" demo United Artists US $6.62 Buy It Now 17h 19m
Mephisto Walz - Nightingale, Christian Death, Vinyl, 7", Limited Edition, White US $10.00 [0 bids]
GEORGE ADAMS-NIGHTINGALE-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 18h 58m
GILBERTO GIL-NIGHTINGALE-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 24m
MOTOOMI DOI - THE ILLUMINATED NIGHTINGALE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $24.93 Buy It Now 21h 55m
ROGUE WAVE- Nightingale Floors CD (2013 Mint) US Indie, Alternative Rock US $10.41 Buy It Now 22h 3m
ALMA GLUCK NIGHTINGALE SONG SINGLE SIDED VICTROLA 64566 US $4.13 Buy It Now 22h 28m
THE EVERLY BROTHERS - ON THE WINGS OF A NIGHTINGALE 7" VINYL PS US $7.45 Buy It Now 23h 7m
THE EVERLY BROTHERS - ON THE WINGS OF A NIGHTINGALE 7" VINYL PS US $7.45 Buy It Now 23h 8m
STRAVINSKY, IGOR - IGOR STRAVINSKY: THE FIREBIRD SUITE/NIGHTINGALE/RITE - NEW CD US $11.90 Buy It Now 23h 21m
Reg Vardy Brass Band - Nightingale - Trombone / Waterman - Trumpet - Cool US $4.13 [0 bids]
Rita Streich - The Viennese Nightingale, Rita Streich, New Box set US $130.81 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE it's a beautiful thing NEAR MINT DISC HR101AE usa LP PS EX/EX US $14.91 Buy It Now 1 day
LP STRAVINSKY firebird, song of the nightingale Maazel US $13.27 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGUE WAVE - Nightingale Floors - CD US $18.64 Buy It Now 1 day
CATERINA VALENTE: THE HI-FI NIGHTINGALE; 1955 DECCA 8203 VG++ LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
THEME FROM SHROUD FOR NIGHTINGALE - RICHARD HARVEY 7" VINYL PS US $8.28 Buy It Now 1 day
Stravinsky(CD Album)Song Of The Nightingale-Sony-Austria-New US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROSE & NIGHTINGALE - SPIRIT OF THE GARDEN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.30 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - It's A Sad Thing - FUNK SOUL 45 Memphis US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE / RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED LP w/Insert Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - MAKE IT SWEET - NEW CD US $11.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Earl Nightingale Gives You The Strangest Secret Vinyl Record Album Rhapsody Blue US $4.99 [0 bids]
BERT KAEMPFERT "RED ROSES FOR A BLUE LADY" 1965 B/W "LONELY NIGHTINGALE" US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Give A Little Love To me / Turn To me 7 inch 45 JIMMY RUFFIN US $0.89 [0 bids]
BERT KAEMPFERT & ORCHESTRA Lonely Nightingale 7 inch 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Petrushka/Nightingale, London Philharmonia, Craft, Stra, Very Good Import US $5.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale ~45~ (Bringing Out) The Girl In Me US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
HREC-101 NIGHTINGALE, MAXINE It's A Beautiful Thing OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE Japan 1985 NM 12"+Obi I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN US $40.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Song Birds-Nightingale CD NEW US $13.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Willis Jackson (inst.) 45 NIGHTINGALE / PEOPLE ~ VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I Can't Set You Free VG++(+) 45 RPM US $0.19 [1 bids]
Earl Nightingale Vinal Record 7" US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
TIM WILLIAMS ~ Creole Nightingale LP 1988 SEALED NEW US $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
JOHNNY ADAMS: The Tan Nightingale LP (UK) Soul US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
BERT KAEMPFERT LONELY NIGHTINGALE / RED 45 DEC 31722 VG-EX (45s-4362) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
BERT KAEMPFERT LONELY NIGHTINGALE / RED 45 DEC 31722 VG (45s-5051) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
JUDY COLLINS Nightingale 1 / Amazing Grace 45 EKS-45709 VG-EX (45s-3175) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE One Last Ride / Gotta Be 45 UA-XW820 EX+-NM (45s-2349) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU DO 45 UA XW752-Y VG (45s-3952) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Frankie Yankovic & His Yanks Joliet Waltz Nightingale Polka Col40352 VG(45-6347) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Nightingale ALMA GLUCK 1 Sided 10" Antique Victor 78rpm Record Album Very Good US $3.50 [0 bids]
Rare cd NIGHTINGALE Alive Again: The Breathing Shadow part IV Black Mark 2003 sw US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Chad Mccullough & Bram Weijters - Urban Nightingale [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE it's a beautiful thing LP 8 track still sealed (hr101ae) us h US $10.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Oddball Motivational THINK AND GROW RICH Earl Nightingale Decorative Cover LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HAINES CONNIE - NIGHTINGALE FROM SAVANNAH - SEPIA1107 US $12.45 Buy It Now 1 day
EARL NIGHTINGALE---THE STRANGEST SECRET ( LP-Misc) US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Stravinsky(CD Album)The Song Of The Nightingale-BBC- US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Fuqugi , Audio CD, Gransofa + Nightingale US $8.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Stravinsky Song of Nightingale, Bartok "Dance Suite" Rumanian Dances" DG MAAZEL US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Stravinsky: The Firebird/Song Of The Nightingale (CD, Apr-1987, Delos) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - Right Back Where We Started From - 1975 UK vinyl 7" single US $9.93 Buy It Now 2 days
Tom Carlile Craftsmen 7" 45 HEAR XIAN PSYCH Nightingale I Saw The Light PROMO US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Soul 45 MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Lead Me On on Windsong US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City on Pride US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GLENN CLOSE Emperor And The Nightingale NEW SEALED 1987 Soundtrack LP MARK ISHAM US $7.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE ALL NIGHT WITH ME 1980 MODERN SOUL PROMO MONO STEREO 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
STRAVINSKY: Pulcinella ~ Song of the Nightingale ~ Boulez/Nat'l Orch France ~CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
PAUL MAURIAT love in every room / the english nightingale 7" Mint- PHILIPS US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamal Silhouette 1989 Higher Octave / Nightingale Release different cover H2Fnd US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gilberto Gil - Nightingale (2002) FREEPOST UK CD US $13.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Ollie Nightingale It's A Sad Thing/Standing On Your Promise 45 RPM Memphis US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE May The Best Man Win on Pride US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Soul NM! 45 MAXINE NIGHTINGALE (I Think I Wanna) Possess You on United Artist US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#266695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"