I

Nightingale

Nightingale I album cover

Buy NIGHTINGALE Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. Scarred For Life (3:58)
2. Still In The Dark (3:12)
3. The Game (4:29)
4. Game Over (3:06)
5. Remorse And Regret (5:02)
6. Alonely (4:15)
7. I Return (4:03)
8. Drowning In Sadness (3:32)
9. Dead Or Alive (3:27)
10. The Journey's End (5:23)
11. Breathing (2:45)

Search NIGHTINGALE I lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE I tabs

- Dan Swanö / guitars, vocals, keyboards, drums
- Tom Nouga / bass, guitars, keyboards

CD Black Mark #135 (2000)

Thanks to useful_idiot for the addition

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE I Music

Light DanceLight Dance
Jay Records 1999
The Everly Brothers single - Asleep / On The Wings Of A Nightingale US $8.93 Buy It Now 2h 51m
[LP] Maxine Nightingale,Right Back Where We (United Artists) USA US $28.79 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Diana Magazine No. 423 27 March 1971 Jeff Collins Anne Nightingale US $48.93 Buy It Now 4h 54m
BORTZ / PRAULINS / LAYTON - NIGHTINGALE NEW SACD US $22.85 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Dorothy Moore Blues & Soul Issue 194 1976 Maxine Nightingale Manhattans Mandrill US $20.39 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Earl Nightingale Declaration 11776R R VG C VG (LP-12492) US $6.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE 45 Love Me Like You Mean It/ Lead Me On US $2.22 Buy It Now 7h 12m
Nightingale Mark/quintet - Out Of The Box NEW CD US $16.91 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Ollie Nightingale "Standing on your Promise/It's a Sad Thing" (Single) US $3.95 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Nat King Cole - Nightingale Sang (Tribute to [DVD]/Live Recording/+DVD, 2003) US $3.26 [0 bids]
ESQUIVEL jungle drums / nightingale 45 RCA VICTOR -- popcorn exotica -- LISTEN US $9.99 [0 bids]
ROUGUE WAVE - NIGHTINGALE FLOORS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Soul 45 Maxine Nightingale - Turn To Me / Give A Little Love (To Me) On Highrise US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 34m
NIGHTINGALE-The Breathing Shadow-EDGE OF SANITY-*0s Style-HEAVY METAL/Rock/Vocal US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Lucineh Zakaryan "The Nightingale Of Armenia" Tekeyan # TCA 100 US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Vachel Lindsay The CONGO/Chinese Nightingale & Other Poems vinyl LP CAEDMON US $11.95 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Stravinsky: The Song of the Nightingale, The Firebird Suite, The Rite of Spring US $9.96 Buy It Now 11h 6m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE soul 45 GOTTA BE THE ONE / ONE LAST ~ UNITED VG++ to M- US $2.34 Buy It Now 11h 23m
Gilberto Gil Nightingale Bossa Nova Samba Modern Soul Original US Sealed LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Maxine Nightingale - It's a Beautiful Thing / 1982 Highrise LP US $5.95 Buy It Now 11h 54m
NEW SEALED CASSETTE TAPE OLLIE NIGHTINGALE OLLIE STYLE US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 32m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE- I'll Drink Your Bath Water, Baby 45 '95 ECKO soul US $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 45m
Earl Nightingale The Strangest Secret 7" Vinyl 331/3 Instructional Record US $5.00 [0 bids]
Maxine Nightingale UA 45 Record #752 VG+ Right Back Where We Started From US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 37m
Rose & The Nightingale - Spirit of the Garden CD digipak promo US $1.99 [0 bids]
Erland & The Carnival - Nightingale NEW CD US $9.26 Buy It Now 15h 49m
Nightingale Floors [Digipak] by Rogue Wave (CD, Jun-2013, Vagrant (USA)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
(CE176) Fionn Regan, For A Nightingale - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 16h 31m
Country Bop 45 Lon Collins Lonely Nightingale on Monument PROMO HEAR US $4.00 Buy It Now 16h 39m
northern soul - ollie nightingale ( it`s a sad thing) memphis 104 near mint US $19.99 [0 bids]
Piers Adams English Nightingale CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 27m
LP ~ MAXIME NIGHTINGALE - Lead Me On ~ 1979 - USA US $21.37 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Emperor & the Nightingale Andersen Glenn Close Mark Isham 1987 Rabbit Ears NEW US $9.99 [0 bids]
MILES ELDE GROUP - NIGHTINGALE LOUNGE / LP / FLINT MICH US $25.00 Buy It Now 19h 49m
PROKOFIEFF lieutenant kije STRAVINSKY song of the nightingale REINER RCA SD DG  US $14.62 Buy It Now 20h 50m
ELFIE MAYERHOFER The Viennese Nightingale 1949 LONDON 10" OPERA ORIG LP NMint US $249.99 Buy It Now 21h 13m
HEAR! Northern Soul 45 rpm LITTLE JOHNNY TAYLOR Nightingale Melody GALAXY US $5.49 [0 bids]
Earl Nightingale Gives You The Strangest Secret Vinyl Record Album Rhapsody Blue US $4.99 [0 bids]
LIQUID LANDSCAPE - NIGHTINGALE EXPRESS NEW CD US $24.32 Buy It Now 22h 14m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE 7"Single - Love Hit Me, (Rare Promo,Mono & Stereo) EX+ US $13.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale Right Back Where We Stared From Northern Soul US $4.88 [0 bids]
Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade / Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale, , New US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Petrushka: Song of the Nightingale, New Music US $8.23 Buy It Now 1 day
The Nightingale and the Butterfly, New Music US $16.21 Buy It Now 1 day
G. Donizetti - Linda Di Chamounix CD NIGHTINGALE US $25.74 Buy It Now 1 day
RHONNI NIGHTINGALE - ONCE UPON A CRIME NEW CD US $32.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - Night Life [United Artists] (U.S. LP Sealed Vinyl) US $14.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Siobhan Lamb - Nightingale & The Rose [CD New] US $13.89 Buy It Now 1 day
7" 33rpm w/Jacket EARL NIGHTINGALE The Strangest Secret SL3M-7314 MINT! US $9.35 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - HIS BEST NEW CD US $14.06 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGUE WAVE - NIGHTINGALE FLOORS NEW VINYL US $24.08 Buy It Now 1 day
DISCO/ Maxine Nightingale - Love Hit Me US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Prokofieff / Lieutenant Kije Song of the Nightingale US $5.50 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - LOVE HIT ME - ORIGINAL 1977 UK SINGLE ON UNITED ARTISTS EX US $1.61 [0 bids]
EARL NIGHTINGALE - 12" lp album - WHAT THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENTENCE MEANS US $4.99 [0 bids]
ROSE & THE NIGHTINGALE - SPIRIT OF THE GARDEN NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 1 day
REINER ~ Prokofieff/Stravinsky Nightingale LP RCA Living Stereo LSC-2150 INDY US $16.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTINGALE - The closing chronicles CD 96 1.pr BM90 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale #CB 11530 Lead me on / Love me like you mean it US $1.00 [0 bids]
Ollie Nightingale 45 How Far I Am from New York City/May the Best Rare Funk Soul US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PICCOLO DUET Cuckoo and Nightingale 78 DACAPO RECORD 222 US $21.19 Buy It Now 1 day
ECS 776 - STRAVINSKY - Pulcinella / Song Of The Nightingale ANSERMET - Ex Con LP US $14.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Caterina Valente - The Hi-Fi Nightingale (NEW CD) US $15.89 Buy It Now 1 day
A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express [CD New] US $20.84 Buy It Now 1 day
STEREO MC'S - EMPEROR'S NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $17.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage Song of the Nightingale Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra 78 RPM set BRK US $7.99 [0 bids]
"NIGHTINGALE - A NEW MUSICAL" OOP ORIGINAL LONDON CAST SINGLE CASSETTE TAPE US $20.00 [0 bids]
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I CAN'T SET YOU FREE 45 RETTA'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE: Troubled In Mind 1983 Retta LP Private Press Soul Funk R US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LYRIAN - NIGHTINGALE HALL NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Ebba Wilton "The Danish Nightingale" Lieder Arias (CD, Dec-1995, Point Records) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Maxine Nightingale Night Life LP Near MInt vinyl US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Gilberto Gil - Nightingale LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
MARK NIGHTINGALE QUI - OUT OF THE BOX [MARK NIGHTINGALE QUINTET] [CD] - NEW CD US $22.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Eiji Oue, Stravinsky The Firebird Suite Nightingale 200 Gr Vinyl Reference Rec. US $64.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: Bittersweet (soul vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - (BRINGING OUT) THE GIRL IN ME- 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
78RPM CHARLES HART ELLIOT SHAW HAWAIIAN NIGHTINGALE TOMMOROW MORNING BRUNSWICK US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
78RPM SS LEVIATHAN NIGHTINGALE SUNRISE AND YOU MEDLEY WALTZ RCA RECORDS 19342 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLIS JACKSON ~ Nightingale / People - 7" Single - Jazz US $2.99 [0 bids]
(AQ836) Lizzie Nightingale, Left Right Left - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1 day
BERT KAEMPFERT: Lonely Nightingale/Red Roses For A Blue Lady (NM vinyl 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oddball Motivational THINK AND GROW RICH Earl Nightingale Decorative Cover LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
JUDY COLLINS: Amazing Grace/Nightingale I (rock VG+ vinyl 45 Elektra E-45708) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Warings Pennsylvanians / Paul Whiteman & Orc - VIC 19492 - Nashville Nightingale US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAVINSKY: Pulcinella ~ Song of the Nightingale ~ Boulez/Nat'l Orch France ~CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
Stravinsky: The Song of the Nightingale, The Firebird Suite, The Rite of Sprin.. US $7.94 Buy It Now 1 day
KRISTUIT SALU VS. MORRIS NIGHTINGALE - MY MINES I NEW CD US $21.76 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE, Right Back Where We Started From(#2-Mar-Apr '76)-Will You Be US $7.95 [0 bids]
The Emperor and the Nightingale Mark Isham LP 12" 12inch vinyl record album 5c US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CATERINA VALENTE the HI-FI nightingale LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED - MAXINE NIGHTINGALE / NIGHT LIFE Larry Carlton US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERLY BROTHERS..ON THE WINGS OF A NIGHTINGALE..VERY GOOD 1984 MERCURY POP 7" US $4.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ANSERMET / Stravinsky Song of the Nightingale / London-Decca FFSS WBg BB CS 6138 US $59.99 [0 bids]
GILBERTO GIL-NIGHTINGALE-JAPAN CD Di73 US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL 7" SINGLE - LOVE HIT ME - MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - UP36215 US $11.40 Buy It Now 2 days
ANSERMET / Stravinsky Song of the Nightingale / London-Decca FFSS WBg BB CS 6138 US $39.99 [0 bids]
THE HI-FI NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE love hit me UP 36215 near mint disc uk 7" WS EX/ US $11.40 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE I ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE I reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars The third album from Nightingale called I is a mixed bag for me. On one hand I really think this is a good album, but there is far between the really excellent songs. Dan Swanö is assisted by his brother Tom Nouga on guitar and keyboards while he plays everything else on the album and sings of course. This is still not a group effort but mostly a solo album from Dan Swanö like the first two Nightingale albums.

The music has developed quite a bit since The Closing Chronicles. The beautiful symphonic progressive rock which was on The Closing Chronicles have changed character. I starts with the two best songs on the album Scarred For Life and Still In The Dark which are fast rocking symphonic rock songs. These two songs are IMO some of the best songs ever made by Nightingale and if every song on the album sounded like those songs this would have been a masterpiece. Unfortunately Nightingale slows thing down for the rest of the album. The rest of the songs are good songs, but they have a tendency to melt together and not really be memorable which is a bit disappointing. There are only hints of metal in Nightingales ´s music, so don´t let the progressive metal label scare you away. The overall style is still symphonic prog rock/ metal with Dan Swanö´s beautiful vocal melodies in the center.

While the compositions have flaws it´s the production that is the biggest sinner. With a better production some of these songs might have worked better. The vocals are especially badly produced. It´s really a pity.

Both Dan Swanö and Tom Nouga are great musicians, so there is nothing wrong with the musicianship except maybe for the drums. Dan will never be a really good drummer and sometimes the drums are so primitive that it´s almost embarresing to call this progressive rock.

Even though I has lots of flaws I will still rate it 3 stars as it still is a very good album. I still prefer the two first Nightingale albums though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#166166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Nightingale have taken quite a journey since their charming goth rock flavoured debut. I can't say the journey went into stellar directions. The songs on I are mostly overcooked hard rock clichés with lots of AOR cheese and neo-prog topping. Not my favourite salad.

The first two songs are exemplary. Formulaic hard rockers with a steady pace and catchy melodies. Not failing at what they try to be but just so old and predictable. The pop modulations in the verses don't help either. No, not my taste at all. The Game is one of the few track that brings back some of the magic of the preceding albums. Basically, it's a simple verse chorus rock ballad but the melodies are compelling enough to make it work.

What follows is a procession of half-pleasant but unremarkable hard rock and AOR songs. Only Alonely manages to convince me, even if it is the most sentimental moment of the entire album. Still, I very much doubt if I would like this if Swanö wasn't handling the vocals. His dark and breathy voice is always a feast really. One other song sticks out, Dead Or Alive has some nicely processed clean chorus guitar effects in the verses and a heavy riff for the chorus. The song ends a bit abruptly though and could have been developed more thoroughly.

After the tribute to Sisters of Mercy on the debut and the dark neo-prog of the second album, Swanö clearly chose to honour his love for Asia and Dio on his third Nightingale album. Luckily it never gets as bad as Asia's debut, the production is less overstated and the songs are not equally commercial, but it's a narrow escape. This is competent but unchallenging glossy rock. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#266695) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5 stars Great album, this is a really enjoyable album, every song is catchy and shows that simple songs can be really great and epic, my favorites are "Scarred For Life" and the two melancholic ones "Alonely" and "No Return". Dan's vocals are really great in this album, he is always improving his vocalis ... (read more)

Report this review (#49215) | Posted by | Thursday, September 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is probablly one of my all time faves!! I don't know how to explain to you, but Mr. Swanö is a genius to create catchy and pleasant melodies!! The Impressing thing is that he took drum, bass and vocal works by himslef, and shared the guitar and key dutties to his brother Dag (Tom Nuo ... (read more)

Report this review (#46534) | Posted by | Tuesday, September 13, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "I"