NIGHTFALL OVERTURE

10. Better Safe Than Sorry

Search NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture tabs

CD Black Mark Productions

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture Music

Rita Streich - The Viennese Nightingale, Rita Streich, New Box set US $130.79 Buy It Now 55m 45s
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE it's a beautiful thing NEAR MINT DISC HR101AE usa LP PS EX/EX US $14.91 Buy It Now 1h 39m
LP STRAVINSKY firebird, song of the nightingale Maazel US $13.26 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ROGUE WAVE - Nightingale Floors - CD US $18.64 Buy It Now 1h 43m
THEME FROM SHROUD FOR NIGHTINGALE - RICHARD HARVEY 7" VINYL PS US $8.27 Buy It Now 3h
Stravinsky(CD Album)Song Of The Nightingale-Sony-Austria-New US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 40m
ROSE & NIGHTINGALE - SPIRIT OF THE GARDEN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $13.24 Buy It Now 3h 41m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - It's A Sad Thing - FUNK SOUL 45 Memphis US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE / RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED LP w/Insert Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $22.99 Buy It Now 4h 50m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - MAKE IT SWEET - NEW CD US $11.25 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Earl Nightingale Gives You The Strangest Secret Vinyl Record Album Rhapsody Blue US $4.99 [0 bids]
BERT KAEMPFERT "RED ROSES FOR A BLUE LADY" 1965 B/W "LONELY NIGHTINGALE" US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 36m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Give A Little Love To me / Turn To me 7 inch 45 JIMMY RUFFIN US $0.89 [0 bids]
Petrushka/Nightingale, London Philharmonia, Craft, Stra, Very Good Import US $5.60 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Maxine Nightingale ~45~ (Bringing Out) The Girl In Me US $4.95 Buy It Now 9h 10m
HREC-101 NIGHTINGALE, MAXINE It's A Beautiful Thing OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record US $4.99 Buy It Now 10h 21m
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE Japan 1985 NM 12"+Obi I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN US $40.99 Buy It Now 10h 25m
ESQUIVEL JUNGLE DRUMS NIGHTINGALE RCA 6496 EXOTICA MOD POPCORN 45!!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Song Birds-Nightingale CD NEW US $13.40 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Willis Jackson (inst.) 45 NIGHTINGALE / PEOPLE ~ VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I Can't Set You Free VG++(+) 45 RPM US $0.19 [1 bids]
Earl Nightingale Vinal Record 7" US $50.00 Buy It Now 13h 38m
TIM WILLIAMS ~ Creole Nightingale LP 1988 SEALED NEW US $24.89 Buy It Now 13h 56m
JOHNNY ADAMS: The Tan Nightingale LP (UK) Soul US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 10m
BERT KAEMPFERT LONELY NIGHTINGALE / RED 45 DEC 31722 VG-EX (45s-4362) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14h 10m
BERT KAEMPFERT LONELY NIGHTINGALE / RED 45 DEC 31722 VG (45s-5051) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14h 10m
JUDY COLLINS Nightingale 1 / Amazing Grace 45 EKS-45709 VG-EX (45s-3175) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14h 17m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE One Last Ride / Gotta Be 45 UA-XW820 EX+-NM (45s-2349) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14h 44m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU DO 45 UA XW752-Y VG (45s-3952) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14h 45m
Frankie Yankovic & His Yanks Joliet Waltz Nightingale Polka Col40352 VG(45-6347) US $6.49 Buy It Now 14h 46m
Nightingale ALMA GLUCK 1 Sided 10" Antique Victor 78rpm Record Album Very Good US $3.50 [0 bids]
Rare cd NIGHTINGALE Alive Again: The Breathing Shadow part IV Black Mark 2003 sw US $13.99 Buy It Now 19h 59m
Chad Mccullough & Bram Weijters - Urban Nightingale [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 22h 26m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE it's a beautiful thing LP 8 track still sealed (hr101ae) us h US $10.41 Buy It Now 23h 7m
Oddball Motivational THINK AND GROW RICH Earl Nightingale Decorative Cover LP US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HAINES CONNIE - NIGHTINGALE FROM SAVANNAH - SEPIA1107 US $12.45 Buy It Now 1 day
EARL NIGHTINGALE---THE STRANGEST SECRET ( LP-Misc) US $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stravinsky(CD Album)The Song Of The Nightingale-BBC- US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Fuqugi , Audio CD, Gransofa + Nightingale US $8.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Stravinsky Song of Nightingale, Bartok "Dance Suite" Rumanian Dances" DG MAAZEL US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stravinsky: The Firebird/Song Of The Nightingale (CD, Apr-1987, Delos) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - Right Back Where We Started From - 1975 UK vinyl 7" single US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Tom Carlile Craftsmen 7" 45 HEAR XIAN PSYCH Nightingale I Saw The Light PROMO US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul 45 MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Lead Me On on Windsong US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far Am I From New York City on Pride US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GLENN CLOSE Emperor And The Nightingale NEW SEALED 1987 Soundtrack LP MARK ISHAM US $7.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE ALL NIGHT WITH ME 1980 MODERN SOUL PROMO MONO STEREO 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
STRAVINSKY: Pulcinella ~ Song of the Nightingale ~ Boulez/Nat'l Orch France ~CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
PAUL MAURIAT love in every room / the english nightingale 7" Mint- PHILIPS US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kamal Silhouette 1989 Higher Octave / Nightingale Release different cover H2Fnd US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gilberto Gil - Nightingale (2002) FREEPOST UK CD US $10.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale It's A Sad Thing/Standing On Your Promise 45 RPM Memphis US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE May The Best Man Win on Pride US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul NM! 45 MAXINE NIGHTINGALE (I Think I Wanna) Possess You on United Artist US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale Gotta Be The One/One Last 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTINGALE, Danny - Ai No Corrida - 12" US $13.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - One Last Ride / Gotta Be The One 45 rpm 1976 US $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
(CG883) Fionn Regan, For A Nightingale - 2011 DJ CD US $4.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Willis Jackson 45 Nightingale PRESTIGE PROMO US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE LOVE HIT ME & IF I EVER LOSE THIS HEAVEN RARE '76 MODERN SOUL US $2.99 [1 bids]
PAMELA NIGHTINGALE - ILL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN - US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ronnie Nightingale & The Haydocks Hey You Let's Rock MAC 013 Holland Vinyl LP US $35.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Willis Jackson People/Nightingale Prestige 327 soul jazz 45 US $7.99 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE WILL YOU BE MY LOVER RARE 1977 MONO/STEREO DISCO PROMO 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
CATERINA VALENTE The Hi-Fi Nightingale LP Decca DL 8203 mono original US $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
Stravinsky: The Firebird (Complete Ballet); Fireworks; Song of the Nightingale US $11.48 Buy It Now 1 day
NOS MAXINE NIGHTINGALE......WILL YOU BE MY LOVER US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE 45 RPM 7" - Lead Me On US $1.49 [0 bids]
Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade; Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale [Hybrid SACD] US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Milliken Records Children Classics Vol. 5 lp,RARE,"THE NIGHTINGALE," NEW 12" US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Soul 45 OLLIE NIGHTINGALE How Far I Am From New York City on Pride US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
, Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale & The Fairy Kiss: Divertimento /Hovhaness: US $8.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Mcneill, Pamela Nightingale CD US $8.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Handel - The Cuckoo And The Nightingale . 4 Organ Concertos (CD 1984). MINT US $5.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started / Believe In What You Do 45 US $1.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On / Love Me Like You Mean It 45 1979 VG / VG+ US $1.39 Buy It Now 1 day
1982 HIGHRISE R&B SOUL 45 RPM MAXINE NIGHTINGALE RUFFIN US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Zucker/Ranck/Fisher - Nightingale Sings For Soprano Flute & Piano [CD New] US $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Paul Mauriat, The English Nightingale ~ Philips 45 +sleeve US $2.77 Buy It Now 1 day
Karunesh - Sounds of the Heart W.GERMANY CD 1989 Nightingale Records, NGH-CD-307 US $20.69 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE -7"Single- Love Hit Me/Life Has Just Begun, EX+ US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - Lead me on Promo CD Album US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
United Artists 7", Maxine Nightingale,Think I Want To Possess You,1976 US $4.13 [0 bids]
Lead Me On * by Maxine Nightingale (CD, Jul-2004, Razor & Tie) US $5.49 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE 7" VINYL GOTTA BE THE ONE UP 36086 1976 EX US $7.10 Buy It Now 2 days
Napolean Hill's Think And Grow Rich by Earl Nightingale. Vinyl LP. US $3.79 [1 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE Canadian 45 LEAD ME ON / LOVE ME LIKE..` VG+ r+b -vinyl US $2.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Nat King Cole - Nightingale Sang (Tribute to [DVD]/Live Recording/+DVD, 2003) US $3.32 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - A BLACK MARK TRIBUTE Vol II Bathory Memento Mori Nightingale Hexenhaus US $10.90 Buy It Now 2 days
JOHNNY ADAMS The Nightingale UK LP NEW ORLEANS US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Ollie Nightingale 45 "Booty Scoot /The Bull S**T Song" US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Maxine Nightingale 45 Believe In What You Do/Right Back Where We Started From US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Little Johnny Taylor 45 Nightingale Melody / You Win, I Lose (Soul) EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
Erland & And The Carnival - Nightingale (NEW CD) US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
TIN SOLDIER/NIGHTINGALE 45 RPM Magic-Tone Records VG [Children's] US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE "LOVE HAS JUST BEGUN" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BERT KAEMPFERT RED ROSES FOR A BLUE LADY LONELY NIGHTINGALE NEAR MINT US $4.15 Buy It Now 2 days
George Adams - Nightingale [CD New] US $23.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Maxine Nightingale - Love Hit Me 1977 7" Ex UAR UP36215 US $5.79 Buy It Now 2 days
A Nightingale Sang - Fat Chops Big Band - CD US $0.99 [1 bids]

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Nightfall Overture is a best of/ compilation of songs from the first four studio albums from Swedish progressive rock/ metal act Nightingale ( The Breathing Shadow (1995), The Closing Chronicles (1996), I (2000) and Alive Again: the Breathing Shadow part IV (2003)). Nightfall Overture is not your average best of collection though as all songs have been re-recorded for the occasion and in addition to the songs from the first four studio albums there´s also a re-recorded version of Losing Myself ( an Edge of Sanity song from the 1997 Infernal album) and a new song called Better Safe Than Sorry. Each of the four studio albums are represented by two songs which means that there are a total of ten songs on Nightfall Overture.

The music is melodic progressive rock/ soft metal with an occasional hard rock drive but also with some neo progressive elements. Nightingale have always had their own sound IMO. Dan Swanö´s vocals have always been the center of Nightingale´s sound and he really gets to showcase his more mature vocal range on these re-recordings. The biggest asset on Nightfall Overture is that we get to hear some of the older songs in new versions ( Especially the two songs from The Breathing Shadow which had programmed drums in their original form). The song selection is pretty good even though I wouldn´t have chosen I Return and Alonely from the I (2000) album. But I guess they represent the more mellow/ ballad type songs from Nightingale. Glory Days from Alive Again: the Breathing Shadow part IV (2003) is one of my favorites from the band so I´m happy it´s been included here. The Edge of Sanity cover is pretty good while I´m not too happy about the new song Better Safe Than Sorry which has some pathetic/ broken romance relationship lyrics that ruins that song for me.

The musicianship is excellent and I´m actually really impressed with Dan Swanö´s performance here.

The production is good but it´s an aquired taste if you like this sound better than the sound on the original albums. Personally I prefer the original productions even though some of them are questionable at best.

Nightfall Overture is a great best of/ compilation album that´s actually worth purchasing and I´m seriously considering giving the album 4 stars. There are a few weaker moments that drag the album down just enough for me only to give it 3 stars though. If you´re new to Nightingale this could be a great place to start, but for us old fans who enjoy the original albums as they are this is more of a must have fan item.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#195211) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "Nightfall Overture"