NIGHTFALL OVERTURE

10. Better Safe Than Sorry

Search NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture lyrics

Search NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture tabs

CD Black Mark Productions

NIGHTINGALE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture Music

Light DanceLight Dance
Jay Records 1999
Erland & The Carnival - Nightingale NEW CD US $9.26 Buy It Now 34m 11s
Nightingale Floors [Digipak] by Rogue Wave (CD, Jun-2013, Vagrant (USA)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
50m 16s
(CE176) Fionn Regan, For A Nightingale - 2011 DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Country Bop 45 Lon Collins Lonely Nightingale on Monument PROMO HEAR US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
northern soul - ollie nightingale ( it`s a sad thing) memphis 104 near mint US $19.99 [0 bids]
Piers Adams English Nightingale CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
LP ~ MAXIME NIGHTINGALE - Lead Me On ~ 1979 - USA US $21.37 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Emperor & the Nightingale Andersen Glenn Close Mark Isham 1987 Rabbit Ears NEW US $9.99 [0 bids]
MILES ELDE GROUP - NIGHTINGALE LOUNGE / LP / FLINT MICH US $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 33m
PROKOFIEFF lieutenant kije STRAVINSKY song of the nightingale REINER RCA SD DG  US $14.62 Buy It Now 5h 34m
ELFIE MAYERHOFER The Viennese Nightingale 1949 LONDON 10" OPERA ORIG LP NMint US $249.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
HEAR! Northern Soul 45 rpm LITTLE JOHNNY TAYLOR Nightingale Melody GALAXY US $5.49 [0 bids]
Earl Nightingale Gives You The Strangest Secret Vinyl Record Album Rhapsody Blue US $4.99 [0 bids]
LIQUID LANDSCAPE - NIGHTINGALE EXPRESS NEW CD US $24.32 Buy It Now 6h 58m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE 7"Single - Love Hit Me, (Rare Promo,Mono & Stereo) EX+ US $13.03 Buy It Now 9h 51m
Maxine Nightingale Right Back Where We Stared From Northern Soul US $4.88 [0 bids]
Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade / Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale, , New US $6.61 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Petrushka: Song of the Nightingale, New Music US $8.23 Buy It Now 10h 42m
The Nightingale and the Butterfly, New Music US $16.21 Buy It Now 12h 4m
G. Donizetti - Linda Di Chamounix CD NIGHTINGALE US $25.74 Buy It Now 12h 13m
RHONNI NIGHTINGALE - ONCE UPON A CRIME NEW CD US $32.38 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Maxine Nightingale - Night Life [United Artists] (U.S. LP Sealed Vinyl) US $14.66 Buy It Now 13h 10m
Siobhan Lamb - Nightingale & The Rose [CD New] US $13.89 Buy It Now 13h 10m
7" 33rpm w/Jacket EARL NIGHTINGALE The Strangest Secret SL3M-7314 MINT! US $9.35 Buy It Now 13h 47m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE - HIS BEST NEW CD US $14.06 Buy It Now 13h 59m
ROGUE WAVE - NIGHTINGALE FLOORS NEW VINYL US $24.08 Buy It Now 14h 19m
DISCO/ Maxine Nightingale - Love Hit Me US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Prokofieff / Lieutenant Kije Song of the Nightingale US $5.50 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - LOVE HIT ME - ORIGINAL 1977 UK SINGLE ON UNITED ARTISTS EX US $1.61 [0 bids]
EARL NIGHTINGALE - 12" lp album - WHAT THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENTENCE MEANS US $4.99 [0 bids]
ROSE & THE NIGHTINGALE - SPIRIT OF THE GARDEN NEW CD US $22.12 Buy It Now 15h 39m
REINER ~ Prokofieff/Stravinsky Nightingale LP RCA Living Stereo LSC-2150 INDY US $16.99 [0 bids]
NIGHTINGALE - The closing chronicles CD 96 1.pr BM90 US $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Maxine Nightingale #CB 11530 Lead me on / Love me like you mean it US $1.00 [0 bids]
Ollie Nightingale 45 How Far I Am from New York City/May the Best Rare Funk Soul US $4.00 Buy It Now 17h 49m
PICCOLO DUET Cuckoo and Nightingale 78 DACAPO RECORD 222 US $21.19 Buy It Now 18h 19m
ECS 776 - STRAVINSKY - Pulcinella / Song Of The Nightingale ANSERMET - Ex Con LP US $14.66 Buy It Now 18h 20m
Caterina Valente - The Hi-Fi Nightingale (NEW CD) US $15.89 Buy It Now 18h 44m
A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express [CD New] US $20.84 Buy It Now 19h 9m
STEREO MC'S - EMPEROR'S NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $17.78 Buy It Now 19h 34m
Vintage Song of the Nightingale Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra 78 RPM set BRK US $7.99 [0 bids]
"NIGHTINGALE - A NEW MUSICAL" OOP ORIGINAL LONDON CAST SINGLE CASSETTE TAPE US $20.00 [0 bids]
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE I CAN'T SET YOU FREE 45 RETTA'S US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 13m
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE: Troubled In Mind 1983 Retta LP Private Press Soul Funk R US $50.00 Buy It Now 20h 19m
LYRIAN - NIGHTINGALE HALL NEW CD US $19.92 Buy It Now 20h 24m
Ebba Wilton "The Danish Nightingale" Lieder Arias (CD, Dec-1995, Point Records) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Maxine Nightingale Night Life LP Near MInt vinyl US $6.00 Buy It Now 21h 11m
Gilberto Gil - Nightingale LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
MARK NIGHTINGALE QUI - OUT OF THE BOX [MARK NIGHTINGALE QUINTET] [CD] - NEW CD US $22.39 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Eiji Oue, Stravinsky The Firebird Suite Nightingale 200 Gr Vinyl Reference Rec. US $64.99 Buy It Now 23h 13m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE: Bittersweet (soul vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 23h 19m
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - (BRINGING OUT) THE GIRL IN ME- 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 23h 22m
78RPM CHARLES HART ELLIOT SHAW HAWAIIAN NIGHTINGALE TOMMOROW MORNING BRUNSWICK US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
78RPM SS LEVIATHAN NIGHTINGALE SUNRISE AND YOU MEDLEY WALTZ RCA RECORDS 19342 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WILLIS JACKSON ~ Nightingale / People - 7" Single - Jazz US $2.99 [0 bids]
(AQ836) Lizzie Nightingale, Left Right Left - DJ CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1 day
BERT KAEMPFERT: Lonely Nightingale/Red Roses For A Blue Lady (NM vinyl 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Oddball Motivational THINK AND GROW RICH Earl Nightingale Decorative Cover LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
JUDY COLLINS: Amazing Grace/Nightingale I (rock VG+ vinyl 45 Elektra E-45708) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Warings Pennsylvanians / Paul Whiteman & Orc - VIC 19492 - Nashville Nightingale US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STRAVINSKY: Pulcinella ~ Song of the Nightingale ~ Boulez/Nat'l Orch France ~CD US $12.99 [0 bids]
Stravinsky: The Song of the Nightingale, The Firebird Suite, The Rite of Sprin.. US $7.94 Buy It Now 1 day
KRISTUIT SALU VS. MORRIS NIGHTINGALE - MY MINES I NEW CD US $21.76 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE, Right Back Where We Started From(#2-Mar-Apr '76)-Will You Be US $7.95 [0 bids]
The Emperor and the Nightingale Mark Isham LP 12" 12inch vinyl record album 5c US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CATERINA VALENTE the HI-FI nightingale LP US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SEALED - MAXINE NIGHTINGALE / NIGHT LIFE Larry Carlton US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EVERLY BROTHERS..ON THE WINGS OF A NIGHTINGALE..VERY GOOD 1984 MERCURY POP 7" US $4.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ANSERMET / Stravinsky Song of the Nightingale / London-Decca FFSS WBg BB CS 6138 US $59.99 [0 bids]
GILBERTO GIL-NIGHTINGALE-JAPAN CD Di73 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 1 day
VINYL 7" SINGLE - LOVE HIT ME - MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - UP36215 US $11.40 Buy It Now 1 day
ANSERMET / Stravinsky Song of the Nightingale / London-Decca FFSS WBg BB CS 6138 US $39.99 [0 bids]
THE HI-FI NIGHTINGALE - NEW CD US $15.50 Buy It Now 1 day
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE love hit me UP 36215 near mint disc uk 7" WS EX/ US $11.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Victor 78 #19342 - S.S. Leviathan Orchestra "Nightingale" & The Troubadours US $8.95 [0 bids]
MAXINE NIGHTINGALE "ONE LAST RIDE c/w GOTTA BE THE ONE" 70'S LISTEN US $8.14 Buy It Now 1 day
SEWER RATS Hey Mr Nightingale/Love Hangover 1977 Vinyl 7" RARE Plum Records US $4.81 [0 bids]
Stan Lassiter . The Rose And The Nightingale . Solo Jazz Guitar CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
God Can - Nightingale,Jessie L. Jr. Pastor & The Glmi Choir New & Sealed CD-JEWE US $25.03 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale: Standing On Your Promise / It's A Sad Thing 45 - Soul US $2.29 [0 bids]
Various OST(Vinyl LP)Nightingale-TER-TER 1031-UK-Ex-/Ex US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bert Kaempfert. US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GILBERTO GIL LP "NIGHTINGALE"WHITE LABEL PROMO COPY CUSTOM INNER SLEEVE XCELLENT US $9.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM Ollie Nightingale Standing on Your Promise US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
C6-84 Vinyl Record Album SEALED Maxine Nightingale Right Back Where We Started! US $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Vinyl LP ERLAND & THE CARNIVAL Nightingale NEW / MINT / SEALED + DOWNLOAD US $21.19 [0 bids]
Kristuit Salu Vs. Morris Nightingale - My Mines I [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Nm! 45 Carole King - You'Re Something New / Nightingale On Ode Records Inc US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GLENN MILLER (2) LP Sunrise Serenade 1972 {RCA} MINT Nightingale~Juke Box~Paga US $11.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale - Love Hit Me - 7" Single - 1977 US $1.22 [0 bids]
Little Johnny Taylor 45 Nightingale Melody / You Win, I Lose (Soul) EX US $6.00 [0 bids]
CAROLE KING nightingale 7" promo b/w you're something new (ods66106) uk ode 1974 US $9.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Ollie Nightingale May The Best Man Win DEEP SOUL 45 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Everly Brothers 45 "On The Wings Of A Nightingale" US $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale 45 "(Bringing Out) The Girl In Me" w/Picture Sleeve US $3.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Maxine Nightingale Right back where we started/Believe in what 7" vinyl United US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Alma Gluck, Nightingale song, Victrola #64566 10-inch (1916) Red Seal Victrola US $6.95 [0 bids]
Everly Brothers NM 45 rpm "On The Wings Of A Nightingale" US $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
OLLIE NIGHTINGALE STANDING ON YOUR PROMISE /IT'S A SAD THING 45 MEMPHIS US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy NIGHTINGALE music online Buy NIGHTINGALE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NIGHTINGALE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture ratings distribution

NIGHTINGALE Nightfall Overture reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Nightfall Overture is a best of/ compilation of songs from the first four studio albums from Swedish progressive rock/ metal act Nightingale ( The Breathing Shadow (1995), The Closing Chronicles (1996), I (2000) and Alive Again: the Breathing Shadow part IV (2003)). Nightfall Overture is not your average best of collection though as all songs have been re-recorded for the occasion and in addition to the songs from the first four studio albums there´s also a re-recorded version of Losing Myself ( an Edge of Sanity song from the 1997 Infernal album) and a new song called Better Safe Than Sorry. Each of the four studio albums are represented by two songs which means that there are a total of ten songs on Nightfall Overture.

The music is melodic progressive rock/ soft metal with an occasional hard rock drive but also with some neo progressive elements. Nightingale have always had their own sound IMO. Dan Swanö´s vocals have always been the center of Nightingale´s sound and he really gets to showcase his more mature vocal range on these re-recordings. The biggest asset on Nightfall Overture is that we get to hear some of the older songs in new versions ( Especially the two songs from The Breathing Shadow which had programmed drums in their original form). The song selection is pretty good even though I wouldn´t have chosen I Return and Alonely from the I (2000) album. But I guess they represent the more mellow/ ballad type songs from Nightingale. Glory Days from Alive Again: the Breathing Shadow part IV (2003) is one of my favorites from the band so I´m happy it´s been included here. The Edge of Sanity cover is pretty good while I´m not too happy about the new song Better Safe Than Sorry which has some pathetic/ broken romance relationship lyrics that ruins that song for me.

The musicianship is excellent and I´m actually really impressed with Dan Swanö´s performance here.

The production is good but it´s an aquired taste if you like this sound better than the sound on the original albums. Personally I prefer the original productions even though some of them are questionable at best.

Nightfall Overture is a great best of/ compilation album that´s actually worth purchasing and I´m seriously considering giving the album 4 stars. There are a few weaker moments that drag the album down just enough for me only to give it 3 stars though. If you´re new to Nightingale this could be a great place to start, but for us old fans who enjoy the original albums as they are this is more of a must have fan item.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#195211) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post a review of NIGHTINGALE "Nightfall Overture"